• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Fresh Start (Closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Ubertide

A New Beginning in an Unknown Land

Map.jpg
You wake up to find yourself lying on a large hill. How did you get here? Not knowing the answer, you stand up to try and get your bearings. Where are you? Your eyes trail across the unfamiliar landscape, across the trees that surround you to unknown ruins and mountains in the distance, and then up to the dome that covers the sky. Wait, dome? You realize you have no way of knowing that, and yet you do; this place is encased in some kind of magic field shaped like a massive dome. While you ponder how you know such a thing, more things that you don't know start to come to mind; Who are you? What are you doing here? Are you the only one here? And what are these things in your possession? One thing you do know for sure is that you're going to have to work out the answers yourself while you try to survive. It doesn't look like anyone else is going to help you any time soon.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Introduction

Yes you read that right, in this story your character is an amnesiac with no idea where they are with only a few possessions to their name. I thought it would be an interesting concept to have a story where basically every character is pretty much starting from scratch in a survival situation. With that in mind, only one part of the map is marked off at the start; the place where all your characters will be waking up. Over time this map can change as your characters explore and attribute names and maybe even create places of their own. This is a story that will be driven first and foremost by the characters, so it will be almost entirely up to them to decide what the big goal of this story is and what alliances they may or may not make. My role here is strictly as a dm, I will not have any PCs of my own but will instead dictate things going on in the environment such as weather, encounters, and other story elements like that to help guide your characters along to either finding out what is going on or to a path of misery depending on what happens. It should be noted that this isn't an island! The "ocean" on the map is merely the unknown landscape beyond the dome that can not be seen!

Now what do I mean by 'low magic'? Simply that magic is not very easily accessible to player characters, no one will have the ability to freely cast any spells or incantations, humans are the only race, and there aren't just magic items laying around willy-nilly. That being said, characters will have the option to start with a single magic item with limited uses. All magic items in the game have limited uses ranging from just one to five, with one use items being the strongest and most powerful and five use items being the weakest. Hopefully this way things will be more balanced and interesting; however this is my first time starting such an rp and trying such a system so if it turns out to not be fun this may be subject to change! More about magic items and how they work will be explained in the lore page!

How to Play
Firstly you'll need to go into the Character Waiting Room and fill out a character sheet as instructed, then once your character has been improved you may feel free to make your entry post! It should be noted that unless something big happens, all new characters will wake up ontop of the giant hill that is the starting point. Be sure to put the name of your character at the top of your posts and to @ anyone you interact with! As for formatting, that's entirely up to you. I will not regulate how you rp whether it be long posts, short posts, first person or third. Just be kind and polite OOCly to your fellow players and remember, while your character is the protagonist to their story, they are the background character to someone else's, or even the antagonist!

I look forward to seeing how this all plays out! If there's any questions or anything you feel you want to suggest, either send me a message or hit me up in the OOC room!

Post Order
Dm(That's me!)
Giovanni Rease( L llamatime )

Snippet( matzi8qr matzi8qr )
Lothar Wolff( Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon )
Thalen Frostvein ( ShakinMcBacon ShakinMcBacon )

Rok ( Denrawr Denrawr )
Amber Brightwood ( Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 )​

Attachments

• Map.jpg
    Map.jpg
    1,009.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Map.jpg
    Map.jpg
    1,010.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
WE WILL START ONCE WE HAVE THREE APPROVED CHARACTERS!
I will be making our starter post, and it will be free reign after that, good luck guys!​

Last edited:
A New Beginning...

Morning, the sun is just barely peaking over the sharp horizon of the dome. The air is cool, crisp, and things are quite peaceful. There is nary a sound to be heard as far as the giant grassy hill is concerned. Nothing seems to live here besides the grass, and of course those who find themselves waking here. As they stand up and take in their surroundings, they can see the crisp edge of the dome itself off in the distance and beyond that...Nothing. Of course that is not all they see, immediately to the south there appears to be the ruins of an estate just abandoned amongst the pines. To the north they see barren lands with a cathedral-like structure overlooking a lake, and a giant tree of some kind shrouded in violent swirling sands. To the far east, a vast mountain range...And so much more. It truly seems as if the entireity of the dome is laid out before their very eyes here at this spot. What will they do now?

Giovanni
He open his eyes and tries to recollect his memories of what last happened, only to find... nothing. He can't remember his home, his family, the only thing he does remember is his name: Giovanni Rease. He looks around at the other beings around him and wonders how these people got here with him. He looks in his hand to find a long spear, the other a small hatchet. after realizing the situation he is in he decides to hold on to these for future use. He then takes time to investigate the horizon to better know his possible new home.

(Nameless)

The young, caramel haired girl is the second to open their eyes in this new world, her head planted firmly in her small hands. She stands up with much difficulty, almost falling back down in a fit of dizzyness. The girl surveys this unfamiliar terrain, hand on a dagger at her waist, as thoughts buzz through her head. Where am I? Why can't I remember anything? What's my name!?
Dizzy, nauseous, and overwhelmed, the nameless girl doubles over, hands on her knees, and vomits her last meal -- one she doesn't remember ever having. She falls back into a sitting position, the small impact sending reverberations of pain into her head, causing her to hold her forehead in both of her hands again. What the hell is happening?

Giovanni
As he is scanning the terrain, he hears someone clearly having a hard time as vomit is spewing from her face. Though his is disgusted, he tries his best to comfort this mysterious child "Now calm down child, let's just remain calm and asses this situtation." He then offers her a hand, while keeping an eye on the dagger she has in her possesion.
matzi8qr matzi8qr

Last edited:
[class name=root] width: 100%; height: auto; position: relative; background-image: url('http://backgroundcheckall.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/occult-background-1.jpg'); background-color: rgb(218, 212, 218); background-blend-mode: multiply; overflow: hidden; --image-w: 739; --image-h: 1374; [/class] [class name=flex] width: 100%; height: auto; position: relative; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; justify-content: stretch; align-items: start; [/class] [class name=image] height: 82vh; width: calc( var(--image-w)/var(--image-h) * 82vh); background-image: url('https://cdn130.picsart.com/236743047115212.png?r1024x1024'); background-size: contain; background-position: center bottom; [/class] [class name=name] height: 3.5vh; width: 100%; position: absolute; top: calc(82vh - 3.5vh + 1px); left: 0; background-image: linear-gradient(to bottom, rgb(76, 102, 138) 30%, rgba(218, 212, 218, .5) 30%, rgba(218, 212, 218, .5) 50%, #313253 50%); background-position: bottom; background-size: 100% 3.5vh; background-repeat: no-repeat; z-index: 5; [/class] [class name=nameinside] position: absolute; bottom: 0; right: 1vw; height: auto; max-width: 100%; z-index: 6; font-size: 13.25vh; font-family: 'Cormorant Upright'; line-height: .77; padding-bottom: 3.5vh; text-align: right; color: transparent; background-clip: text; -webkit-background-clip: text; background-image: linear-gradient(to bottom, #13243f, #2b5291, #2e69c9, #5495ff); [/class] [class name=container] min-height: 500px; height: 65vh; min-width: 300px; position: relative; flex: 1; display: flex; flex-flow: column nowrap; justify-content: stretch; align-items: stretch; [/class] [class name=tabs] position: relative; margin-top: 5vmin; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; justify-content: flex-end; font-size: initial; [/class] [class name=tab] position: relative; margin-right: 1.5vw; font-size: calc(1em + 3vh); font-family: 'Cormorant Upright'; line-height: 1; cursor: pointer; color: white; transition: all 1s; [/class] [class name=selected] color: #5482ce; pointer-events: none; [/class] [class name=divide] width: 100%; height: 5px; margin-top: 5px; margin-left: -10%; padding-left: 10%; background-image: linear-gradient(to right, rgba(76, 102, 138, 0), rgb(76, 102, 138) 20%); [/class] [class name=contentholder] position: relative; margin: 0 15px; flex: 1; [/class] [class name=content] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top: 0; left: 0; font-size: initial; [/class] [class name=scroll] position: relative; width: 100%; height: 100%; padding-right: 250px; overflow-y: scroll; overflow-x: hidden; font-family: 'Philosopher'; font-size: 1.1em; color: black; [/class] [script=tab] hide content show Post [/script] [script class=tab version=2 on=click] (removeClass "selected" "tab") (addClass "selected") (fadeOut 1000 "content") (fadeIn 1000 (getText)) [/script] [div class=root] [div class=name][div class=nameinside]MONROE[/div][/div] [div class=flex] [div class=image][/div] [div class=container] [div class=tabs] [div class="tab selected"]Post[/div][div class=tab]Extra[/div] [/div] [div class=divide][/div] [div class=contentholder] [div class="content Post"][div class=scroll] Monroe was the first to awaken; by the time anyone else followed suit, he was already standing some distance from the 'herd' of people who lay, scattered like symbols, atop the hilltop. Standing upon the edge of a rock jutting out from the slope, he studied their surroundings whilst thumbing the flint he awoke with, the smooth surface of the stone pleasant against the skin of his thumb. Behind him, others soon followed suit; one, a red-haired boy, seemed determined to act like everything was normal. "You sure sound confident," Monroe observed, loud enough to be overheard by the other two. "Care to share your 'assessment', Red?" Turning, he looked back at the other two who had awoken, a girl and a young man. The smile Monroe gave them was friendly enough, though the axe strapped upon his back ought to be more than enough to encourage them to treat him in a civil manner. [/div][/div] [div class="content Extra"][div class=scroll] OOC: May the odds be ever in your favor Tags: matzi8qr matzi8qr L llamatime [/div][/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div]

giovanni
"Well someone has to confident in this situation" He said in response to this giant among men, adding, "From what I can tell, we seem to be trapped in this dome together and the only things we have in our possesion are our faint memories and these items."
Bang Bang Bang Bang

[class name=root] width: 100%; height: auto; position: relative; background-image: url('https://vidur.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/dark-forest-wallpapers-wallpaper-cave-dark-forest-wallpaper-1.jpg'); background-color: rgb(218, 212, 218); background-blend-mode: multiply; overflow: hidden; --image-w: 739; --image-h: 1374; [/class] [class name=flex] width: 100%; height: auto; position: relative; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; justify-content: stretch; align-items: start; [/class] [class name=image] height: 82vh; width: calc( var(--image-w)/var(--image-h) * 82vh); background-image: url('https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f8/72/be/f872beea88c7ae5bb9fb148c5ef2f1bb.png'); background-size: contain; background-position: center bottom; [/class] [class name=name] height: 3.5vh; width: 100%; position: absolute; top: calc(82vh - 3.5vh + 1px); left: 0; background-image: linear-gradient(to bottom, rgb(175, 45, 19) 30%, rgba(218, 212, 218, .5) 30%, rgba(218, 212, 218, .5) 50%, #313253 50%); background-position: bottom; background-size: 100% 3.5vh; background-repeat: no-repeat; z-index: 5; [/class] [class name=nameinside] position: absolute; bottom: 0; right: 1vw; height: auto; max-width: 100%; z-index: 6; font-size: 13.25vh; font-family: 'Cormorant Upright'; line-height: .77; padding-bottom: 3.5vh; text-align: right; color: transparent; background-clip: text; -webkit-background-clip: text; background-image: linear-gradient(to bottom, #6d0017, #af2845, #af4227, #ba2400); [/class] [class name=container] min-height: 500px; height: 65vh; min-width: 300px; position: relative; flex: 1; display: flex; flex-flow: column nowrap; justify-content: stretch; align-items: stretch; [/class] [class name=tabs] position: relative; margin-top: 5vmin; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; justify-content: flex-end; font-size: initial; [/class] [class name=tab] position: relative; margin-right: 1.5vw; font-size: calc(1em + 3vh); font-family: 'Cormorant Upright'; line-height: 1; cursor: pointer; color: white; transition: all 1s; [/class] [class name=selected] color: #ff0043; pointer-events: none; [/class] [class name=divide] width: 100%; height: 5px; margin-top: 5px; margin-left: -10%; padding-left: 10%; background-image: linear-gradient(to right, rgba(175, 45, 19, 0), rgb(255, 0, 67) 20%); [/class] [class name=contentholder] position: relative; margin: 0 15px; flex: 1; [/class] [class name=content] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top: 0; left: 0; font-size: initial; [/class] [class name=scroll] position: relative; width: 100%; height: 100%; padding-right: 250px; overflow-y: scroll; overflow-x: hidden; font-family: 'Philosopher'; font-size: 1.1em; color: black; [/class] [script=tab] hide content show Post [/script] [script class=tab version=2 on=click] (removeClass "selected" "tab") (addClass "selected") (fadeOut 1000 "content") (fadeIn 1000 (getText)) [/script] [div class=root] [div class=name][div class=nameinside]Hera August[/div][/div] [div class=flex] [div class=image][/div] [div class=container] [div class=tabs] [div class="tab selected"]Post[/div][div class=tab]Extra[/div] [/div] [div class=divide][/div] [div class=contentholder] [div class="content Post"][div class=scroll] Awakening late and with a groan, Hera was among the last to push herself up from the grassy surface upon which they'd found themselves. Sitting for a while to steady her spinning head, she glanced up. About her, she saw a child, a young man, and some giant of a male who was looking back in her direction. Something about his face... unsettled her, to put it kindly. The others she knew not; but then again, she realised she knew no one. In fact, she knew nothing whatsoever. Staring at her hands, she had only a name to attach to them, no past actions, no heritage, nothing. This was a realization she had to sit with for a fair few moments, rattled in a way that left chills kissing the nape of her neck. Taking a hold of herself, Hera forced her legs - which for a while felt alien to her for she could attach no memories to them - to stand, grunting with the effort of co-coordinating her limbs. Crossing to join the rest of those with whom she had awoken, she glanced to the child first, ensuring she was not injured, before regarding the two adult men. She caught the tail end of the redhead's assessment; looking skywards, she saw where he had taken the idea of 'dome' from. "It seems you are right." Looking between the other three, she asked, "Am I alone in not remembering who I am? Or how we came to be here?" With an air of stunned numbness, she continued, "In all honesty, I don't remember anything save my name." [/div][/div] [div class="content Extra"][div class=scroll] OOC: d'aww, such good fwends already Tags: matzi8qr matzi8qr L llamatime [/div][/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div]

Last edited:
Giovanni
"I am afaid that you are not alone, for I too cannot remember anything but my name." He replied, still unsure of the people present before him "Which is Giovanni by the way, and until we know what is going on, I belive it's save to say we should procede with caution." After that he scanned the horizon once more to find posible shelter.
Bang Bang Bang Bang

Last edited:
[class name=root] width: 100%; height: auto; position: relative; background-image: url('https://vidur.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/dark-forest-wallpapers-wallpaper-cave-dark-forest-wallpaper-1.jpg'); background-color: rgb(218, 212, 218); background-blend-mode: multiply; overflow: hidden; --image-w: 739; --image-h: 1374; [/class] [class name=flex] width: 100%; height: auto; position: relative; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; justify-content: stretch; align-items: start; [/class] [class name=image] height: 82vh; width: calc( var(--image-w)/var(--image-h) * 82vh); background-image: url('https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f8/72/be/f872beea88c7ae5bb9fb148c5ef2f1bb.png'); background-size: contain; background-position: center bottom; [/class] [class name=name] height: 3.5vh; width: 100%; position: absolute; top: calc(82vh - 3.5vh + 1px); left: 0; background-image: linear-gradient(to bottom, rgb(175, 45, 19) 30%, rgba(218, 212, 218, .5) 30%, rgba(218, 212, 218, .5) 50%, #313253 50%); background-position: bottom; background-size: 100% 3.5vh; background-repeat: no-repeat; z-index: 5; [/class] [class name=nameinside] position: absolute; bottom: 0; right: 1vw; height: auto; max-width: 100%; z-index: 6; font-size: 13.25vh; font-family: 'Cormorant Upright'; line-height: .77; padding-bottom: 3.5vh; text-align: right; color: transparent; background-clip: text; -webkit-background-clip: text; background-image: linear-gradient(to bottom, #6d0017, #af2845, #af4227, #ba2400); [/class] [class name=container] min-height: 500px; height: 65vh; min-width: 300px; position: relative; flex: 1; display: flex; flex-flow: column nowrap; justify-content: stretch; align-items: stretch; [/class] [class name=tabs] position: relative; margin-top: 5vmin; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; justify-content: flex-end; font-size: initial; [/class] [class name=tab] position: relative; margin-right: 1.5vw; font-size: calc(1em + 3vh); font-family: 'Cormorant Upright'; line-height: 1; cursor: pointer; color: white; transition: all 1s; [/class] [class name=selected] color: #ff0043; pointer-events: none; [/class] [class name=divide] width: 100%; height: 5px; margin-top: 5px; margin-left: -10%; padding-left: 10%; background-image: linear-gradient(to right, rgba(175, 45, 19, 0), rgb(255, 0, 67) 20%); [/class] [class name=contentholder] position: relative; margin: 0 15px; flex: 1; [/class] [class name=content] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top: 0; left: 0; font-size: initial; [/class] [class name=scroll] position: relative; width: 100%; height: 100%; padding-right: 250px; overflow-y: scroll; overflow-x: hidden; font-family: 'Philosopher'; font-size: 1.1em; color: black; [/class] [script=tab] hide content show Post [/script] [script class=tab version=2 on=click] (removeClass "selected" "tab") (addClass "selected") (fadeOut 1000 "content") (fadeIn 1000 (getText)) [/script] [div class=root] [div class=name][div class=nameinside]Hera August[/div][/div] [div class=flex] [div class=image][/div] [div class=container] [div class=tabs] [div class="tab selected"]Post[/div][div class=tab]Extra[/div] [/div] [div class=divide][/div] [div class=contentholder] [div class="content Post"][div class=scroll] Hera had to laugh at that. "No kidding. Yes, I'd say being cautious would be wise. Pleasure to meet you, Giovanni. You can call me Hera, if you like."

"Monroe," The giant of a man chimed in.

"And you?" Hera asked, looking to the girl.
[/div][/div] [div class="content Extra"][div class=scroll] OOC: d'aww, such good fwends already Tags: matzi8qr matzi8qr L llamatime [/div][/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div]

(Nameless)

"Get away from me!" she said, weakly. She tried to get back on her feet, but instead fell back into a sittimg position, dagger in her left hand, her head in her right. Seeing that the man and woman didn't look threatening, she dropped her dagger only slightly. "I-I don't remember my name..."

Bang Bang Bang Bang L llamatime

Giovanni
"Nice to meet you two." He responded uncertainly, but then suddenly his attention was drawn back to the youngest. feelling a bit unearved by the sudden freakout he put down his items in a reassuring manner, "LIsten, I know scared but we are all in the same boat and we should stick together until we have our bearings."
Bang Bang Bang Bang matzi8qr matzi8qr

(Nameless)

The girl crawled backwards a little bit, scanning the three other people. She wanted to make sure if anybody tried for her life, she would come out on top -- even in her weakened state. Combat scenarios played through her head, and most of them involved a 3 on 1 massacre against her. She quickly created some sort of profile for each person. Maybe this man is just playing nice? He's definitely not to be trusted. The lady, looks reassuring. Also looks like she can muster up a hard backstab. And the guy in the back. He looks absolutely terrifying, she thought. "Just... stay away from me!" she said, brandishing the dagger.

Bang Bang Bang Bang L llamatime

Giovanni
Clearly seeing that there's no reasoning with this girl, he then picked up his items and reassessed the situation Well, I guess my help isn't wanted, Monroe doesn't seem like someone I can trust, and Hera looks like someone who can fend for themselves. He turn west and started walking down the hill, only to pause and say over his shoulder, "Well, looks like I'm on my own. if you need me I might consider it, but until then good luck" And he then continued on his way, wherever that might be.
Bang Bang Bang Bang matzi8qr matzi8qr

Charan Riker
The woman would awaken in a new world - literally. As her eyelids parted, her icy, piercing blue eyes would gaze up at the empty heavens above. For a moment, all was silent. Only a moment. Then she would begin to notice the commotion around her; some were panicking, others were calm. Some might prove themselves leaders as they comforted others, some might prove themselves loners. Everybody had a different reaction to waking up in a new place and realizing that they recollected nothing. This woman? Her initial reaction was one of exasperation. All this panicking, confusion - why? For what reason? Her next emotion was that of curiosity. Why... why were they there? What was this place? And that curiosity grew into an emotion that was eerily familiar to the woman, yet unknown all the same.

She slowly forced her torso of the dirt terrain on which she lay. The woman would look down at herself to see what she was wearing; a thin, sleeveless white blouse, dark leather trousers, and leather boots. Her clothes were quite dirty due to her place on the ground; torn in some places, stained in others. It was also relatively damp, whether from sweat, atmospheric moisture, or leftover water from however they got there, the woman didn't know. She then looked from her clothes to her skin. There were a few rashes from lying down on the dirt, a couple old scars from who knows where, but otherwise her pale skin looked fine.

After glancing at herself, she would slowly force herself into a standing position, glancing around at her immediate scenery and the people in it. Her immediate interest was in the cathedral-looking structure to the north, but she supposed she ought to meet some people first.

Giovanni
Although he felt some regret abandoning the other three people, he always kept reminding himself of two things: That everyone at that hill most likely had weapons on them, and as seen with the nameless child they all had the ability to use them. I did try to help, but the kid had the right idea. the best way to survive is with caution and so I shall travel on my own, but that doesn't mean I cant use them. And with a plan formulated, the young adult continued until he reached a clearing with a big tree in the center. Might as well take refuge. And so he took out his hatchet and cut down some nearby trees and, even though it took a while, he was able to make a suitable shelter for the foreseeable future, and just to be safe he use his spear to carve into the big tree "Refuge Woods". Might not be the best place to sleep, but it will do.

Or perhaps that was Giovanni's plan, but as the man neared the clearing with the large tree at the center, he'd immediately be greeted with one dog-sized problem; Rats. A whole colony of wild brown rats the size of your average labrador retriever would be nested in and around the roots of the giant redwood. The man's arrival would garner their immediate attention with every single rat present freezing where they were and staring at him. Clearly, they were not expecting a human to be here, and they weren't quite so sure they liked having him there. With ears pinned back, some rats would begin to back up around the roots of the tree while others remained frozen, waiting to see what this trespasser would do next.
L llamatime

Giovanni
Giovanni had been about ten minutes in his plan, he had just started to cut a tree down.... but then he heard a noise..... and another..... and the noises wouldn't stop! Despite his calm demeanor he was very afraid, but then he remembered the nameless child, how she was ready to defend herself whenever she needed to. He needed to be like her! "I don't know who or what you are, but I am not going down nicely, not anymore!"And so with new confidence, he readied his spear and hatchet, and prepared himself for what comes next!

Last edited:
This would prove to be a rather dumb idea as the harsh tone and brandishing of his weapon made it clear to the rats watching him that he was hostile and dangerous! There would be some angry chittering from amongst the bushes before six of the beasts emerged, flanking him in a semi-circle. They'd have their teeth bared viciously, but would be smart enough to keep their distance. Clearly they weren't willing to take the risk of just charging him blindly and perhaps were more interested in intimidation rather than fighting.
L llamatime

[class name=root] width: 100%; height: auto; position: relative; background-image: url('https://vidur.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/dark-forest-wallpapers-wallpaper-cave-dark-forest-wallpaper-1.jpg'); background-color: rgb(218, 212, 218); background-blend-mode: multiply; overflow: hidden; --image-w: 739; --image-h: 1374; [/class] [class name=flex] width: 100%; height: auto; position: relative; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; justify-content: stretch; align-items: start; [/class] [class name=image] height: 82vh; width: calc( var(--image-w)/var(--image-h) * 102vh); background-image: url('https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ce/8d/76/ce8d764ccad3ca8f1c9d2b2271a02584.jpg'); background-size: contain; background-position: center bottom; [/class] [class name=name] height: 3.5vh; width: 100%; position: absolute; top: calc(82vh - 3.5vh + 1px); left: 0; background-image: linear-gradient(to bottom, rgb(175, 45, 19) 30%, rgba(218, 212, 218, .5) 30%, rgba(218, 212, 218, .5) 50%, #313253 50%); background-position: bottom; background-size: 100% 3.5vh; background-repeat: no-repeat; z-index: 5; [/class] [class name=nameinside] position: absolute; bottom: 0; right: 1vw; height: auto; max-width: 100%; z-index: 6; font-size: 13.25vh; font-family: 'Cormorant Upright'; line-height: .77; padding-bottom: 3.5vh; text-align: right; color: transparent; background-clip: text; -webkit-background-clip: text; background-image: linear-gradient(to bottom, #6d0017, #af2845, #af4227, #ba2400); [/class] [class name=container] min-height: 500px; height: 65vh; min-width: 300px; position: relative; flex: 1; display: flex; flex-flow: column nowrap; justify-content: stretch; align-items: stretch; [/class] [class name=tabs] position: relative; margin-top: 5vmin; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; justify-content: flex-end; font-size: initial; [/class] [class name=tab] position: relative; margin-right: 1.5vw; font-size: calc(1em + 3vh); font-family: 'Cormorant Upright'; line-height: 1; cursor: pointer; color: white; transition: all 1s; [/class] [class name=selected] color: #ff0043; pointer-events: none; [/class] [class name=divide] width: 100%; height: 5px; margin-top: 5px; margin-left: -10%; padding-left: 10%; background-image: linear-gradient(to right, rgba(175, 45, 19, 0), rgb(255, 0, 67) 20%); [/class] [class name=contentholder] position: relative; margin: 0 15px; flex: 1; [/class] [class name=content] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top: 0; left: 0; font-size: initial; [/class] [class name=scroll] position: relative; width: 100%; height: 100%; padding-right: 250px; overflow-y: scroll; overflow-x: hidden; font-family: 'Philosopher'; font-size: 1.1em; color: black; [/class] [script=tab] hide content show Post [/script] [script class=tab version=2 on=click] (removeClass "selected" "tab") (addClass "selected") (fadeOut 1000 "content") (fadeIn 1000 (getText)) [/script] [div class=root] [div class=name][div class=nameinside]Hera August[/div][/div] [div class=flex] [div class=image][/div] [div class=container] [div class=tabs] [div class="tab selected"]Post[/div][div class=tab]Extra[/div] [/div] [div class=divide][/div] [div class=contentholder] [div class="content Post"][div class=scroll] Watching Giovanni storm off down the hill, Hera couldn't help but think that splitting up might be an unwise move. "If you get into trouble, scream, and do so loudly. We'll do our best to find you. Don't go too far." She sounded as if she were lecturing, but really, what kind of fool would run off on their own in a situation like this? Then again... looking to the young girl who looked scared out of her wits, her hand shaking as she clenched a dagger, Hera had to admit, she wasn't sure having her for company would much raise the chances of survival. However, it seemed unfair to leave someone so young to fend for themselves. As for the giant of a man, who had returned to staring off into the middle distance, he could probably defend himself no matter what came. But that could be used; having muscle at their disposal was a reasource Hera didn't want to waste. "Will you stay?" She asked him, trying to find a balance between an expression both sombre and hopeful. The man turned, looked her up and down, and then grinned in a manner somewhat unsettling.

"Of course. What's the fun in a nightmare if you go it alone?"

Nodding in gratitude, Hera was about to try and devise a plan aloud when she noticed the other woman had awoken. With stark white hair, she'd stood out even among the pile of bodies, and now as she pushed herself up with an air of control and calm, Hera dared be optimistic and hope this woman would be an asset to their survival. Walking back over to her, Hera offered a hand. "Welcome to whatever the hell is going on here. Your name? We are Hera, Monroe, and this young lady can't recall her name," Hera said, gesturing to them each in turn. "The gentleman who just walked off was Giovanni. I imagine we'll be seeing him again sooner or later, whatever's going on."
[/div][/div] [div class="content Extra"][div class=scroll][/div][/div][div class="content Extra"][div class=scroll][/div][/div][div class="content Extra"][div class=scroll][/div][/div][div class="content Extra"][div class=scroll] OOC: well bye Gio I guess lol xD

Tags: matzi8qr matzi8qr L llamatime
Cazberry Cazberry [/div][/div]
[/div] [/div] [/div] [/div]

Lothar Wolff

Lothar woke with a stir. He didn't recognize where he was. Really, everything just seemed... off as he pushed himself off the ground and began to look around. There were a few strangers near by, but what was stranger was simply their location. They were on the top of a giant hill of some sort. As he listened to the others talk, it seemed like they were all just as confused and puzzled as he was. What had happened? Was this some foul magic? Lothar wasn't sure, but the more he looked around, the more he realized that they were all in a perilous position. He checked to see what he had on him, on a scabbard was a falchion, which felt comfortable in his grip. In addition, he had a pouch that contained a tinderbox with a piece of flint, steel, and a wad of cloth. Why he woke with these things were a mystery as well, but they felt familiar to him at the very least. As everyone was introduced, Lothar approached and said "Call me Lothar..."

He then looked out to the distance and said "Shelter and water. We should have those two things sorted at a minimum by nightfall." Lothar looked out in the distance to the northeast, he saw a pond or a lake of sorts, but near it was some sort of ruins of what appeared to be a cathedral. To the south, there was another lake or pond, but half way was what appeared to be a ruins of some sort. He personally wanted to head south and pointed in that direction. "I reckon I'll be heading that way. If anyone wants to join me. Hopefully, we'll find some where to hole up in those ruins. Get a fire going... water, and hopefully some food." With that, Lothar started to walk south and would continue to do so unless something or someone stopped him.

The air would start to warm up as the sun slowly rose up above the horizon. Besides the horrible mess directly to the west, things would still seem rather peaceful even as the confused mass of people tried to figure out just what they were doing. It seemed there wouldn't be any need to rush just yet. Maybe.

The ruins to the south were completely surrounded by trees, but from up on the hill Lothar could see there were a couple of structures standing; something that looked like some kind of barn or stable and a lone tower both surrounded by a stone wall. As he descended his destination would be swallowed from view by the forest, but surely it wouldn't be hard to find again if he just kept going south.
Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon

Meanwhile back just outside of rat city, the six rats surrounding Giovanni would all nervously step forward and bare their teeth at him, as if trying to scare him off in the other direction. Truly, they weren't looking for a fight but it was obvious that they were prepared to do so at any given moment if they felt pressed to do so! The rats of the colony would hide in the roots of the redwood, not comforted by this conflict at all. It would also seem as if they were huddling to protect something at the heart of their colony. Their young, perhaps? Or was there something else?
L llamatime

Giovanni
After using intimidation failed horribly, Giovanni was surprised by the sudden appearance of beasts before him, that's when he felt many different emotions he felt ever since waken up, fear and regret, as well as curiosity and excitement. Yet despite these conflicting emotions Giovanni was able to think with what little rational he had. I could try to fight them, but there could more of them. If I call for help, then they would know about the other vulnerable humans, and I'm not sure where the others are. Why did I go alone?! Why did I not follow my own Advice!? With nothing else to do Giovanni was going to take Hera's advice and call help, but when remembering Hera's words only one came to mind......help ....... help........ help. In a state of panic Giovanni did just that. "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" He exclaimed as he then ran away from the giant rodents to a nearby tree waiting for any help that might be coming.

Last edited:
(Nameless)

The girl remained seated there, watching the rest of the group pretty much just ignore her, only regarding her existence to glance back or gesture in her direction. Some people left, some people remained and talked. Not hearing the words that were said, she shook out some of the cobwebs left over from her headache. She scowled at everyone else who had seemed to wake up as if it were a beautiful morning with seemingly little confusion or pain of any sort. Her mind immediately jumped to the conclusion that this wasn't the first time they woke up on this hill, even though they said it was. The nameless girl sheathed her dagger and shakily got to her feet.
"Look, I don't know who you people are--" she began, before being interrupted by a scream from where that Giovanni fellow left to. Curious, the girl peeked her head in that direction. She couldn't quite make out what was happening, but she did notice that the majority of the strangers had reacted in a similar way to the scream. The girl took the oppurtunity and began to run North, toward the weird chapel in the desert in the distance. Her plan for survival was currently to simply get away from the people, which she checked off and realized she didn't plan any farther than that. Her brain, operating as if only a part of it were functioning, couldn't plan much past that part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back