• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern A Football League RP ?

If you're interested, what team should we choose

• An original team that newly promoted to the National League ?

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • An existed team that already in the National League ?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sopranos

The Sop
Welcome to the world of English Football. Oh, before we continue, if we're not talking about the Premier League, the top Division of English football, sorry to disappoint. I'm talking about the National league football division, now also can be known as the Vanarama National League, the fifth highest division in the English football league system.

Header_Sponsor.png

Here, we're also known as the non-league teams. Because unlike in the teams from the League 2 and beyond, not all of us are professional footballers, some are part time footballer (semi-pro). We're the less fortunate of the professional football, most of us were released from our academy from a young age. Despite being told that we have no place in the world of professional football, most of us refuse to accept that and still clinging to football, trying to hold on to our one great passion the same time make all end meet in life.

This is what we need to know:
This is a soccer/football RP that take place in non-league football in England (Sorry american football fan) and these are a few things that you need to know before you could say that you're interested:

• This is from the National league, a league from the 5th in the england football pyramid. It's very far from the world class football that we normally see on TV (Premier League, La Liga, etc...) and none of those name would be mentioned, not too much. The reason I want to start from such a small, local team in a low division is because I just want to play a good football RP with the story of our original character, without mentioning real life world class football figures (Rooney, Harry Kane, etc ...) too soon. Though they will be mentioned later (in F.A Cup), it will likely be cameo appearance. So your character will probably start from the lowest level of professional football (or even semi-pro) and work his way to the top. And before you ask, no I will not allow to roleplay a real football player from real life, they all must be original character.
  • This RP will have a quite complicated match simulating mechanic (made by me) to control the match and the result of the game. I'll post the game mechanic here in this thread soon as I finish it. It will be fun but also a little complicated if you're afraid of dice.
  • I don't require everyone to post with 3 or 4 paragraphs each posts but I also don't want any one liner. The game mechanic will probably guide you on what happen in the match so what you'll be writing shouldn't be too hard either.
  • I would also need a Co-GM to help me with this RP (since this is quite complicated and big). Anyone with experience or knowledge with Football manager, English football system that willing to help would be great. Also anyone with a little knowledge with game mechanic with dice would also be great.

If you're still interested after reading these, please leave a post to keep this up. If you have any question please ask away.

Interested. The co-GMing thing though seems out of my league as I only know the basics.
Nah its ok, maybe I'll be okay on my own for a little while before I cant find someone.
But do you know anything about the setting, the National League ? If not I might be able to help you if you have trouble thinking off a character.
Also, you voted for an original team. Do you have any detail you wish to add ? Like their region, the city they represent, their name,...

Nah its ok, maybe I'll be okay on my own for a little while before I cant find someone.
But do you know anything about the setting, the National League ? If not I might be able to help you if you have trouble thinking off a character.
Also, you voted for an original team. Do you have any detail you wish to add ? Like their region, the city they represent, their name,...
I'd appreciate a quick review in PM if you don't mind. As for the original team, I just wanted us to start from scratch instead of with a premade team. Not much was really in mind.

Absolutely, I'll send you a pm to explain it when I can.
Now maybe I'm finishing the game mechanic system and the same time waiting for more people... I guess there aren't much sport fan in RPN

I am innnnn used to be a goallie back in my youth broke my arm which forced me to quit both the basketball team and football (yea balancing those two was as hard as it sounds) sooo can I call dibs on the starting goalie? Or if you prefer not to have a character goalie (since I don't know how you simulate the games) a sweeper defender.

I am innnnn used to be a goallie back in my youth broke my arm which forced me to quit both the basketball team and football (yea balancing those two was as hard as it sounds) sooo can I call dibs on the starting goalie? Or if you prefer not to have a character goalie (since I don't know how you simulate the games) a sweeper defender.
Absolutely, we do have GK position (though its a little different from other positions) and I also welcome anyone who want to take it (actually I'm afraid that nobody might take that position).
So, for now please keep an watching on this thread as I would need to gather more interest before starting something up.

Absolutely, we do have GK position (though its a little different from other positions) and I also welcome anyone who want to take it (actually I'm afraid that nobody might take that position).
So, for now please keep an watching on this thread as I would need to gather more interest before starting something up.
Sure thing though quick question are you looking to gather a full team of 11 for this rp?

Sure thing though quick question are you looking to gather a full team of 11 for this rp?
Not really, but I would need a minimun of a 5 to 7 at least to start this rp (the vacancies will be filled by npc). I also would want to look for a winger, a gk, a striker, a central back and central midfielder before I can start

19389.jpeg

The Player Attributes system is the core system to run this RP as every moment, duel in the match would be decide through the player attributes along with dice. Each stat will have the maximum number of 10 and at the start of the RP you will have 40 points to distribute to your attributes for your character (Striker, Midfielder, Defender) and 28 points for a goal keeper, depend on what kind of player you want to be. The fielder (Striker, Midfielder and Defender) have 10 Attributes which are from Physical and Technical, while Goalkeeper have 7 (Physical and Goalkeeping)
I. Physical
  • Speed: (Decide how fast can run sprint)
  • Strength: (Decide how your player stand on his feet when under physical pressure/ how well your player exert physical force on an opponent)
  • Stamina: (How well your player can keep his condition on the pitch for a long time)
II. Technical
  • Passing: (Decide how accurate your player can pass and cross)
  • Dribbling: (Decide how well the player control the ball on his feet )
  • Ball control: (Decide how the player can control the ball and keep it in his feet)
  • Shooting: (Decide how well your player can finish in the penalty area)
  • Defending: (Decide how well a player can take the ball from his opponent without making a foul/mark his opponent)
  • Free Kick Taking: (Decide how well a player can deliver a free kick, either direct or indirect free kick)
  • Heading: (Decide how well a player can win the ball from the air)
III. Goalkeeping
  • Handling: (Decide how your player handle the ball)
  • Kicking: (Decide how far your goalkeeper can kick a goal kick)
  • Throwing: (How well the goalkeeper distributes the ball with his hand)
  • Reflexes: (How well the goal keeper react to shot)

The Comet The Comet D DemiDealer

Match Simulating System
Every results in this game will be decided by both Attributes and rolling dice.

I. Injury dice
After each 4 matches, everyone will have to make a dice. If someone dice into a certain number, they'll be injured for the next match.

II. Match dice
In each match, 9-10 moments will be highlighted for roleplaying. 5 for the home team and 4 for the away team, if the match is played in a different stadium that isn't home to any team (usually a final of a cup tournament), both will have 5. Most of these situation in the match will be decide in a formula that include from both dice and attribute following a specific formula.

A)Goal scoring: The player follow the formula to decide whether he scores or not. The player can describe his goal the way he prefers if his number is higher. Else if the goal keeper get the ball, the player can describe how he prevent the potential goal.

britain-soccer-premier-league30-1880x1110-2007.jpeg

Finishing: {Dice number [Shooter] + Shooting attribute} - {Dice number[GoalKeeper] + [Handling+Reflexes]/2} + {Goal Creating Result}
If result is bigger than 0, the goal is scored, else the the GK got it out. This formula is used in these following situation: finishing inside the box, penalty shootout.)

Long Shot/Screamer/Over head Kick/Volley kick/Scorpion Kick: {Dice number[Shooter] + Shooting attribute*0.75} - {Dice number[GoalKeeper] + [Handling+Reflexes]/2} + {Goal Creating Result}
If result is bigger than 0, the long range goal is scored, else the the GK got it out. The player can describe his goal the way he prefers. If the goal keeper get the ball, the player can describe how he prevent the potential goal.

B)Goal creating: Like how to score goal, the player will dice and follow the formula to decide if he win the situation or not. The result will be added to the goal scoring calculation chance, so if he success it will raise the chance of the finisher to score, but if he fails it will also lower the striker's chance.

33ED241400000578-3578403-image-a-119_1462629589673.jpg

Dribbling: {Dice number[Dribbler] + [Dribbling + Pace + Ball control]/3} - {Dice number[Defender] + [Defending+Strength]/2}
If result is bigger than 0, the dribbler get pass the defender, if not the defender catch the dribbler and clear/regain the ball. The player can describe how he dribble pass the defender if he success (by skill, feint move, by pace,...). The same way the defender also can describe how he regain possession if he win.

Passing: {Dice number[Passer] + [Passing + Ball control]/2} - {Dice number[Defender] + Defending}.
If result is bigger than 0, the the player pass the ball successfully to the striker to score, if not the defender regain/intercept the ball. The player can describe how he made the assist (Through ball, long pass, cross, back heel pass). The same way the defender also can describe how he regain possession if he win.

C)Set piece: Set piece will be a little more complicated since it include more than just 2 players.

265278D800000578-2979784-image-a-25_1425502213600.jpg

Corner/Indirect free kick: {Dice number[Passer] + [Passing + Ball control]/2} +{Dice number[Corner receiver] + [Heading 9+ Finishing]/2} - {Dice number[Defender] + [Heading + Defending]/2} - {Dice number[GoalKeeper] + [Handling+Reflexes]/2}.
If the Corner receiver's height > Defender height's => +2 to the result.
And if the result is higher than 0 then a goal is scored by the Corner Receiver (probably a header or a tap-in, a volley,...).

Free kick (Direct free kick): {Dice number[Shooter] + Free kick Taking} - {Dice number[GoalKeeper] + [Handling+reflexes]/2}
If result is bigger than 0, the player score a direct freekick, else the the GK hold it or parry it away. The player can describe his goal the way he prefers. If the goal keeper get the ball, the player can describe how he prevent the potential goal.

D)Highlights
Highlights will be given to teams in a random order. In their moment, the team will have the possession of the ball and will attempt to score. A pair of player will be picked randomly (by GM) to be a passer and the finisher to make the chance. Then a passer and the finisher each roll a d6 dice. If the chance is converted into a goal (following the result of the goal scoring, or corner indirect kick, formula), the finisher will have a goal to his name and the passer will have an assist. If the attempt fail to make its way into the net (following the result of the formulas) then the next highlight will be ended for the next moment.

III. Example

(Basically a play will be following these order:
- I make the starting post about the information of the play including: The players on the attacking side, the players of defending side, their attributes and their roles in the play.
- You guys will roll a 1d6 dice in the order of : Passer - Finisher - Defender - Goalkeeper
- I'll post about the result of the play: Follow the formulas, calculate and announce the result of the play. From the result you will know what your player does in that play.

- You guys post about your character and what they do in the play (basically roleplaying the result we just get).

First half - 05:30
Valley_Parade%2C_Bradford.jpg

Attacking side: (just 4 random player I use to describe the system)
5 ft 10
Speed: 5
Strength: 5
Passing: 4
Dribbling: 5
Ball control: 5
Shooting: 6
Defending: 3
Free Kick Taking: 2
Heading: 3
6 ft 0
Speed: 4
Strength: 5
Passing: 7
Dribbling: 4
Ball control: 5
Shooting: 4
Defending: 5
Free Kick Taking: 5
Heading: 4

Defending side:
5 ft 10
Strength: 7
Passing: 4
Dribbling: 3
Ball control: 4
Shooting: 1
Defending: 6
Free Kick Taking: 1
Heading: 7
6 ft 2
Strength: 7
Handling: 5
Kicking: 5
Throwing: 5
Reflexes: 5

Rolling dice result:

Danny Johnson: 3
Corey Francis: 5
Manny Smith: 3
Dan Hanford: 1

Goal Creating: Corey Francis vs Manny Smith: Francis decides to pass the ball => {5[Corey dice numer] + [7+5]/2[Corey Pass + Ball Control]/2} - {3[Manny Dice] + 6[Manny Defending]} = 2 => Francis passes the ball to Danny Johnson successfully.
Goal Scoring: Danny Johnson vs Dan Hanford: Danny finish from inside the box => {3[Danny dice number] + 6[Danny Shooting]} - {1[Dan Hanford Dice number] + [5+5]/2[Dan Hanford Handling and Reflexes]/2} + {2[Goal Creating Result]} = 5 => Danny Johnson scores a goal into Dan Hanford net with an assist from Corey Francis.

The play ends and another highlight will be play in the same order. The detail on how the pass is executed (Through ball pass, cross-field pass, long range pass, one-two pass, crossing, counter attack, dribble and short pass or just the Passer finish and the Finisher follow in,... ) are completely depend on you (the roleplayers) to describe in your own post.

Depend on your strong attribute and choose your approach (like how I choose for Corei Francis to pass instead of dribbling because his passing attribute is higher than dribbling) as I'll let you choose before I calculate the result of the play. Special goals like long shot, overhead kick,... are harder to score (the player can only use 3/4 of his shooting attribute). Moments such as free kick or corner will come randomly whenever I announced it in the start of the play.

This is basically my plan to simulate the game and run this RP. It's a little complicated but mostly you guy would just rolling dices and I'll deal with the number.
You guys have any question ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back