A Feline and A Fox

Shadows.Whisper

The sun shimmered brightly just outside of a small village secluded deep in the woods. They were a simple village of farmers of fisherman who were once god fearing people. Among those they made offerings to was the Black Cat Spirit Ekalb, The guardian Yokai of the forest. However time has grown cruel and she has been all but forgotten in her shrine just north of the village. Though forgotten she still cared for the people and gave them blessings, or played pranks as her nature was wanton to do. Today it would seem, was a day for pranks as she jumped through the trees, disturbing the townsfolk with little pranks and ghostly acts. With her fun done she was on her way back toward the forest when a strange scent rolled in from the air. Her raven hair fallen around her as her ears twitched; straining to hear a sound as her Amethyst eyes glanced all around in search of the source of the scent she smelled drawing closer. It was animal and not animal, at first she thought a hunter but it didn't smell like fresh blood. Wondering if it was a being like her, she hadn't seen many spirits in her woods in some time. With curiosity ever growing she began to follow the scent to the source of the alluring smell. 

@Scarlet_MCRP

Last edited by a moderator:
Lexxi was in the forest, she had long Orange/blonde hair, with matching ears and tail. She was wearing yin-yang all over her attire. She was unaware of what this forest held, and that the town once worshiped a Cat Spirit. She smelled a scent, it was kind of familiar, but she couldn't place it. It wasn't human, well not entirely she supposed. She stopped walking and sighed looking around, she didn't like surprises and she wanted to know who was out there. "whose there? just come out I don't want any trouble." she sounded forceful, even though she was scared. She walked a fine line between being a demon and being a human. She wore the yin-yang symbol to remind her of it, she was neither, but also both at the same time. @Shadows.Whisper

Yin.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
 The trees around her ruffled and rushed as something moved through them. The wind had carried the Fox scent to Ekalb and she followed it all the way to the source. In the trees she stalked and the fox until she called out, smirking she jumped from the tree, a rush of black and white behind the fox with a mischievious fangful grin over her purple lips as she walked closer to the fox, moving as close as she could before whispering. "Trouble is a matter of perspective sweet fox." She said with a light chuckle leaving her as she eyed the fox up and down and jumped back to give her room. "Welcome to my forest Fox...I am Ekalb, spirit of the forest....Former guardian of the river village....What brings you here this day? I get so few visitors...especially those of the Kitsune Clan...I had assumed you all extinct." She said matter of factly, though her shimmering eyes bellied amusement and surprise at seeing such a wonderful creature like her within her words once again. @Scarlet_MCRP

(You're choice, If it was meant as a 1x1 It'd be in the area for those XD @The Fabulous Emerald)

Lexxi looked over at Ekalb as she jumped down next to her, and spoke. She then watched her jump back out of her face. "a spirit are you?" interesting she thought, she didn't run into many spirits. "Hello Ekalb, I'm Lexxi and I'm very much not extinct, there are actually more of us than you might think." her eyes were cold and dark, she wasn't sure how to act but she didn't want to let her guard down. "I was out for a stroll I was unaware these were your forests, I shall leave if you please, I mean no harm," she tilted her head

Ekalb's ears twitched as she listened to the fox. Curious about her cold stare and wondered if she angered her. "Oh no! Do stay please, I don't often get visitors who actually want to speak with me. Most don't even see me" she said with a soft pout on her lips. "Anyway, it is very nice to meet yoy miss Lexxi. Lovely name by the way." She offered a friendly and sweet smile. Wonder if she could finally make a friend. 

((do you have a CS for this character?!))

Lexxi's ears twitched, she wasn't a hostile spirit, it surprised her bit. "well then Miss Ekalb" she smiled sweetly, her eyes and demeanor relaxed. "it's nice to meet you, I was wondering this forest when I happened across you." she looked around at her surroundings "do you eat? I mean being a spirit do you require food?" she shrugged "I'm starving and could use a bite to eat do you know of anything around here that is good to eat?"

Meanwhile, Do' had caught a rabbit or something and has started cooking it over a campfire. Weirdly, even though his entire body is covered in a black, feline fur and he is using his bare hands to cook the meat, he isn't burned or even notices the fire lick at his hands.

((In my head Yes, I haven't had the time to upload it. It will be done tonight I promise!!))

Ekalb smiled as the other relaxed and she was able to properly look her over now. "Oh, well glad you picked this forest to wander then. Always so nice to meet new people!" She said with a smile, smelling the scent of roast rabbit nearby as the other brought up food. "Oh? Me? Well....I don't technically Need to eat..But! Doesn't mean I don't like too! There'es plenty we can eat if you like!" She said with a soft, wide smile. "There's fresh fish, roast hare which someone nearby seems to be having, berries and I believe there's a fig tree near my shrine....But I haven't been back there in a bit to know." She rambled on for a while. "What's your favorite food Miss Lexxi?" She asked with her head cocked and her ears twitching in a curious manner. 

((i saw it thanks!! helps me write more))

"it's not always good meeting new people you should know." she too smelled the roast rabbit, although it didn't peak her interest. "you have a shrine? what are you exactly that there is a shrine of you." she tilted her head and took a step closer. "I don't exactly have a favorite food, I eat whatever I come by since I travel I come by many different foods to eat."

She chuckled and tilted her head in a cat-like manner. "Hmm...perhaps, But not meeting any people at all is an awfully lonely thing....not to mention dreadfully boring." She said with a sweet, innocent smile as she looked Lexxi over. "Well It's a run down shrine. But it's mine! I used to be the guardian of this forest and the village, But they've mostly forgotten me. I guess I'm.....Retired?" she said, unsure if the word she used was the right one. Thinking to food she smiled sweetly however. "We can go back there for food? I can catch us a fish and we can share. The fish in the river is very sweet. And I can Stea-AHEM-"Borrow" Some sweets from a baker in the village if you like!" she said wondering what her new friend would say. 

Lexxi shrugged that was true she guessed. Although sometimes it was good to be alone, and boring. Lexxi laughed "your retired no longer needed then why do you stay in this forest?" she shook her head and grabbed Eklab's hand spinning in a circle "you should travel and explore get out there and experience other lands." she smiled and thought of food, "let's go wherever you like as long as their's food I don't care where we go" she was still holding Ekalb's hand.

Ekalb fidgeted a bit, but noticed Lexxi still held onto her hand which made her smile despite the question. "Well...In truth; I've never been outside the forest.....I'm scared of what may be out there....plus....do you know what happens to a guardian spirit when those that created it no longer remember it?" She asked lightly, her look sad and forlorn as she turned to start walking toward her shrine. still holding Lexxi's hand to lead the way, perhaps it was a better conversation to be had over a meal the main fear that kept the spirit in these woods all these years. 

(sorry I took so long to reply, been a hectic few weeks.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back