• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A Fantasy Detective Story

Agent

Lance
Hello everyone that has come to grace me with their presence, it is time I made my reprise. I have had this idea stewing in my head for a few weeks, but I'll be waiting no more. Probably.

The year is 1X67. Every major villain threatening the continent of Avarisse within the last two decades have been slain by various groups of heroes aspiring to journey and enlighten themselves. The Kingdom of Cogsburg in the south remains quiet and peaceful, though the northern city of Sohnelbuy is not so fortunate.

There is nothing that attracts thieves and criminals more than a big, bustling city, and Sohnelbuy is the one and only city on Avarisse.
That's not a problem for the city, however. As Sohnelbuy is home to the prestigious Mercenaries Guild Detective Agency, which is dedicated to rooting out crime within the city, to protect the people and uphold the law.

This is the story of two greenhorns that have radically different ideals on how justice should be dealt. Armed with flintlock pistols and their magic abilities, small-time bandits just might learn to respect the law again.
Are all criminals just oxygen wasters that deserve a bullet to the head, or should discipline be issued with jail time?

Are you looking for people to play the detectives or the criminals?
This is a quest, which is different from standard roleplays in that the direction the story moves is decided by the vote of the audience.
Basically, several choices will be presented at various points in the story and the audience will vote to pick what the protagonist will say or do. As such, it is open to discussion on what choice is best.

I mentioned this being a story of two people. That's half-right, I guess. In reality, you only control the choices of a single character, but they differ radically, so choosing one of the two major characters to play as is an important choice.

Ah, that does sound interesting. But that would end up putting a lot of effort on your side, I wish you luck. I will probably take part if I have time

YariDaiku YariDaiku
Unfortunately, no. Somehow, you didn't go very far to find this thread, as it was still on the first page and didn't get buried.

Have you seen the link to the main thread? Yeah, we just, kind froze. Not sure if I can just pick right up where I left off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back