• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern A Family Affair: The Irish Mob - Interest Check

Misty Gray

Pessimisty
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

A Family Affair: The Irish Mob
Dublin, Ireland, 1959

INTRODUCTION

Almost 10 years ago, the Porters of the Irish Mob emigrated and moved their business operations from Chicago, US to Dublin, Ireland. After forming an unexpected alliance with the highly powerful Russian Mafia, they worked together to take down the deadly Italian Mafia. In the aftermath of the Italians' fall, James Porter took leadership of the Irish Mob and made an agreement with the Russians that they could have free reign over the streets of Chicago. In return, it was ensured the Irish would have rule over the UK and Ireland.​

Dublin in 1959 is a relatively relaxed place to live, especially if you're allied with the Porters and the Irish Mob. The families have lived in what can be best described as comfort, having taken down, intimidated and controlled anyone who dares to get in the Porters' way. However, the cops are getting smarter and the other gangs growing braver, which all threatens to disturb the harmony. Not to mention differences in opinion with their former Russian allies.​

Really, though. What could possibly go wrong?​

********​

** This RP will be drama, family and character driven - like a violent soap opera! There will be plenty of opportunities to form relationships within the RP and build up your character(s) depth. There will also be storylines which may involve threats, arguments, physical/mental torture and other dark subjects you're likely to find in a gangster story! Essentially, though, it's bound to be heavily focused on relationships - love and hate! <3</3 **

Available characters

Check the spoiler drop-down lists for the characters that need to be filled - I've tried to open up a good variety of character types. I'm open to other suggestions and if I believe they'll fit in with the story, then I'll allow other roles.

Rules

1. Misty Gray Misty Gray , Bellz Bellz and neverbackdown neverbackdown are the GMs.
2. Reserving a role requires a writing sample. Before I will reserve a role for you, please PM Misty Gray Misty Gray a writing sample - it can be something previously written or something based on the character you wish to submit. Post in this thread which role you are auditioning for and then drop me a PM.
3. Romance is a wonderful thing and I encourage it, but fade to black if things become sexual.
4. No bumping off others’ characters without discussing it with the GMs and player involved.
5. Please only join if you can commit to posting at least 3 times per week and don’t plan on leaving any time soon!
6. Profanity is acceptable, within reason. No need to make it excessive.
7. Please try to write 2+ paragraphs per post. One-liners will make me sad.

Last edited:
Interested. How likely is it to play a character from a rival gang? Or an entire rival gang if need be.

For now I need to get the open roles filled in. Rival gangs and other adversaries will be filled in along the way. Right now, if I gave you a member of a rival gang you'd struggle to find interactions and relationships.

For now I need to get the open roles filled in. Rival gangs and other adversaries will be filled in along the way. Right now, if I gave you a member of a rival gang you'd struggle to find interactions and relationships.

Makes perfect sense. I’ll make sure to check again later when the spots get filled. Thank you ?

It will be a gradual process with various "smaller" troubles facing the focal family thoughout. I don't want to give everything away, but the "boss" rivals/obstacles will be fed into the plot in subtle doses.

It will be a gradual process with various "smaller" troubles facing the focal family thoughout. I don't want to give everything away, but the "boss" rivals/obstacles will be fed into the plot in subtle doses.

Okay, got it. In that case, may I go ahead and reserve one of the gang members of the group?

Sure. Which one?

I’ll go with the Persuasive Gang Member.

EDIT: I have yet to reach my required 10+ Posts, so I am currently unable to PM you a Writing Sample. I will PM you that sample as soon as I am able. Thanks ?

Last edited:
Hey. There's still some roles available.

Estimated RP start: Wednesday night (UK time).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back