• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A Family Affair: The Irish Mob - IC (Ended)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Peter Callahan
lean .jpg
The ride home was silent and the tenseness of it all was weighing heavily down on Peter’s chest as he sat in the front seat with Conor. He looked over at the man, worried about he was taking all of this but didn’t want to break the silence.

They arrived back in the Porter’s driveway and Peter was quick to open the door and hop out. He wanted to open the door for Sinny, but she seemed to have something in mind as she was also quick to get out. He watched as she rounded the car before slapping Conor hard, causing the man to flinch slightly at the harshness of it. He could see the anger in his wife’s face and he knew that it was justified…the events that took place tonight should have never happened. Peter was worried that Sinead might leave it at that, but he wasn’t surprised when she pulled her brother in for a hug. After that, Sinead looked to him and Aliana before heading towards the house. Peter nodded slightly after her before turning to look to Conor and Ali.

His brother-in- laws distant apology caused the man to shake his head firmly. In Peter’s head, Conor had nothing to be sorry for, though he knew that it was an unpopular opinion with his wife. Those IWU jerks had it coming and if they would have just kept their mouths shut and stayed away, none of this would have happened. ”Get some rest, mate.” Peter told the man gently before coming up to give him a light hug of reassurance. He then looked to Ali and offered the woman a small smile despite the situation, ”You’re one tough cookie.” He commented before she said his name and told him to take care of Sinead tonight, that everything else could be dealt with later.

”And you the same with Conor.” He told her lightly before turning on his heels and heading towards the his house, leaving the Porter’s house behind him for a while. Seeing Sinead on the bench, Peter walked up the short steps before moving to sit beside her. At first, he said nothing for a long time, simply looking out into the darkness ahead of them. Then he sighed, ”I’m sorry you had to see that.” He murmured before placing his arm around her lightly. "What can I do to make this better?" his voice cracked as he looked to her.
with: Sinead Misty Gray Misty Gray

Gwen Sheehan
Gwen in red .jpg
Gwen was touched by what James said and how he wanted to help but something was stopping her from taking the offer. Even though she couldn’t be sure about what James would do, she did have a feeling of what the man could accomplish if faced with Erick. A part of her was unsure if that’s what she really wanted, if she would truly be happy once the man got what he deserved. Biting her lip lightly, Gwen took a deep breath before looking up from her lap to James once more, ”Its hard you know…this decision, before when I could only dream that someone would offer me this, I never thought I would hesitate…I’m not sure why I am..” The redhead’s brows furrowed together. Maybe it was because he was the last thing she had to remind her of her mother…it was a bitter reminder.

”I’m certainly not going to tell you to butt out.” She told him before nodding her head slowly. It was a hard decision but she knew deep down what she wanted, vengeance for her mother and herself…she wanted her things back…There was a pause between them and Gwen took it as an opportunity to get out what she wanted, ”He doesn’t deserve to die…if that’s what you are planning. I want him to remember why he’s still alive after you are through with him, to know that death will be a blessing for him in the end.” The words that Gwen spoke were dark for the woman, as she was never one to feel ill will towards anyone. Once it was clear what Gwen’s choice was, James went on to promise that not all of his conversations end up being dark, which caused Gwen to let out a small light laugh, ”Oh please don’t worry about that. This talk has been nothing but lovely since I arrived.” She assured him. When asked about dinner, the redhead was already bobbing her head in agreement to stay, but quickly realized that she couldn’t ”Oh shoot! I would love to say, really…but I made plans with…that person I told you about earlier, “ Her cheeks turned a light pink color in embarrassment, ”But I’m ready to meet the others for the next dinner, if you will have me?”

Gwen was so excited and relieved that this was all going well and that she was blessed with a family who would treat her right, before she could stop herself Gwen excitedly leaned forward and hugged James tightly. ”Thank you, thank you, thank you.” She said happily.
with: Jimbo Misty Gray Misty Gray

***​

Gwen left the Porter’s house not too long after that, swearing that she would be able to come over for dinner soon as it was important that she meet the rest of the family. The drive to the jazz club wasn’t long and Gwen was only a few minutes late. Waving at the bouncers at the front door as they said hello, Gwen pushed her way through the small crowd, looking for Jason as she noticed that Darla was singing away on stage. Finding him sitting at a table near the back, Gwen quickly headed over but snuck up behind him before wrapping her hands around his eyes, leaning her lips against his ear, she smiled, ”Guess whooo?” She sang gently, her breath most likely tickling him as she pressed a kiss behind his ear and moved to take a seat beside him.

”I’m so sorry I’m late.” She said as she crossed her legs a moment, taking a second to relax as she looked to Darla on stage. ”She’s amazing tonight,” Gwen murmured before turning to look at Jason, looking him up and down. ”Well well well, someone is looking great.
with: Jason Pyroclast Pyroclast

Sinead Callahan

1550429568279-png.541901
Sinead watched as Peter approached her and kept her eyes on him when he sat on the bench beside her. She remained quiet as the evening's events played over in her head until Peter spoke up and broke the silence. She slowly nodded when he apologised for what she had to see. It had been difficult watch three of the people closest to her kill and then drag the bodies into the river. Whilst she knew what they were all involved in for the business, she never had to witness it with her own eyes. She'd been able to acknowledge her loved ones were out doing such things but then push it to the back of her mind as she'd not had to see the evidence of it. Until now.

"After everything I've been through and the things I've seen over the years, nothing should shock me by now, should it?" she said, looking directly at Peter. "I can list those things and tell you what it is they have in common." She clasped her hands together on her lap and sat back. "Vinnie Romano once left a dead man's body in a pool of blood on my dressing room floor for me to find. My own father was gunned down right before my eyes. Luce and James were shot at their own wedding. I watched Angel be gunned down by the cops. Last year, I saw people killed by the IWU as I performed on stage..." Sinead took a deep breath as she felt herself begin to tremble. "But what they all had in common was that none of those acts were committed by my own family, before my own eyes."

Sinead removed her hands from her lap and put her arm around Peter, shuffling up close to him. "Even though I know you're all doing this kind of thing for the business, I've just never had to see it before. You and Ali did what you had to do, I know that. It just scared me to see Conor lose control like that and then to see his heart break as he stood there. I don't want him to do anything that will make us lose him," she said, wiping away her rogue tears with the back of her free hand.

Thinking back to his question about how he could make it better, she shrugged her shoulders. "Hold me?" she quietly asked. "I just want those awful union people gone. I'm sick and tired of people hurting this family." She placed her hand on Peter's chest and looked up to see his face. "Are you okay, Petey? You've been through so much already without tonight adding to it."

Bellz Bellz (Peter)

James Porter

1550420139530-png.541815
James could see Gwen hesitating at his offer and he couldn't blame her for being uncertain, nor would he push her into a decision. What he was offering her wasn't to be taken lightly and it was reassuring to see she hadn't jumped at the chance to accept. She eventually seemed on board with the idea, making clear she didn't want Erick to be killed. "I can make sure he's put in his place and lives to regret the things he's done to you and your mother," he assured her, keeping his tone completely neutral.

At first, Gwen seemed to be accepting the offer for dinner, until she suddenly spoke up to say she couldn't stay as she already had plans with the 'significant' other in her life. "Damn, well he'd better be worth it for you to miss out on Luce's cooking," he lightly remarked. "I'm sure we can arrange for you to have dinner next time," he agreed.

When it seemed like Gwen was ready to leave, James got up from the sofa and was about to go open his office door for her. Instead, he was caught off-guard as his sister suddenly wrapped her arms around him. The man froze up for a moment before relaxing and placing his arms around her to return the warm gesture. "You're welcome..." he awkwardly told her. He soon chuckled at himself as his cheeks reddened. "Alright, Gwen. You're making me look soft now. Let me keep whatever street cred I have left," he teased.

Once his sister had left, James returned to his office and slumped back in the seat at his desk. He knew smoking was banned in the house, but he decided he could do whatever he wanted in his office and wasted no time in lighting up a cigarette. Despite the nice time he'd just spent with Gwen, he still couldn't lift the burdens that were weighing him down. The sooner he was back to his full capabilities, the better.

Bellz Bellz (Gwen)

Last edited:
Syd Porter

1551753303537.png Syd raised an eyebrow and folded his arms when Savannah explained what she, Emery and Braden had ended up having for dinner. "Jeez. Maybe I should ask mam to cook for three extra tonight..." he muttered. Something was definitely off - it wasn't like either of them to lie, yet the two completely contradicted each other. He frowned slightly when Savannah told him that Skye was always sleeping, but didn't comment. Skye soon took him by the arm and the two followed Savannah into the house.

"What's up? Are you not feeling well?" he asked her. When she explained that she had been trying to sleep off a headache, he looked at her with slight concern. "Another one? I swear you've been getting so many lately. Maybe you need some time off...I know the kids can be a handful, especially Emery - she could give anyone a headache in minutes!" While his tone was light-hearted, Syd hoped that Skye would take his advice. All the more so if her fatigue was taking a toll on her memory, which he had never known to be unreliable before. She sounded worried about her job, that she might get in trouble with Peter and Sinead for not managing to feed the children. "Babe, they're not going to kill you," he reassured her with a smile. "If you want me to have a word with them so you can take some time off, I can go and do that, no problem. If you're not well enough to look after the kids, they'd much rather know. They care about you, too, Skye, don't forget. We all do."

As Skye turned into him and wrapped her arms around his waist, Syd embraced her warmly, reaching up with one arm to stroke her hair. Whenever she was in his arms, he felt immediately at peace, the warmth of her body spreading to his heart and making it seem like nothing else in the world mattered besides her. She asked him what Lucy was cooking up, and for a moment he wondered if she had eaten anything that day or if her fatigue had caused her to forget. Either way, he was glad she seemed keen to eat with him and his family. "I don't know, shall we go back to mine and find out? Should we wait for Sin and Pete to come back before we leave the kids or are they alright?" With her head resting against his chest, he couldn't tell if she still had her eyes open or not. "Hey - no falling asleep on me, or I'll have to carry you upstairs!" He smiled down at her before lightly kissing the top of her head. "Mam won't be happy if you go to bed without eating anything - she'll end up sending me round to deliver a plateful to your door."

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray Skye

tumblr_peocqt8qH81rmxa4zo2_400.gif

Aliana Cartwright

The woman's heart was beginning to break for Conor. She understood why he was feeling the way he did and it hurt her that there wasn't really anything she good. Her softened even more as he explained that he meant every word he said when he told her he loved her. There was no doubt in her mind that he did, but hearing that he wasn't sure if she meant didn't surprise her. In their relationship, she never expressed any kind of emotion from the start and definitely not one involving 'love'. It was probably going to take a lot to get him to realize she was being honest about it. Ali laced her fingers with his, looking up to him as they stood up. "While I did say it to get you to stop, I meant every word of it. Conor, you know me. Better than anyone and how afraid I am to say those words. Those three little words, 8 letters long. I'm sorry I had to say it to you for the first time under such shitty circumstances." She paused, listening to him explain how he would never hurt her. She shook her head, rubbing his cheek with her thumb. "I love you and I know you would never hurt me. I wouldn't be with you if I had any doubt about it in my mind." She honestly told him.

Ali couldn't help but frown as Conor went on, explaining that he thought it was a senseless murder. Part of her felt like it was justified; an eye for an eye. But, maybe that was not the thing to say to him right then. "Conor-," she started, trying to find the next words to say, "You know I feel no remorse for killing them. It would be an entirely different story had they been some random men on the street but they were IWU assholes." She took a deep breath before continuing. "I-... I didn't even hesitate when you and Sinead asked me to help. I knew I wanted to kill them both and a part of me was waiting for that chance and when I got it.." She didn't even finish the sentence, knowing he would understand. "Look, what I'm trying to say is this. I understand. For fuck's sake if anyone understands it's me. I just want you to realize I'm not going anywhere." She gave him a small smile, "I told you I love you. The only way I'm leaving now is if you break a promise or one of us dies."

Conor ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )

Ryan Donahue
winkkink.gif"Oh, you think I'm strapping?" Ryan asked coyly, parodying Arlene's teasing from their initial meeting. "You're not the first to tell me that, but I prefer quality over quantity. That's why you're sitting here." he mentioned in an off-hand manner before giving her a sly wink, and chuckling a bit. "But no, I'm not chasing that rabbit until everything blows over here," Ryan finished on more serious note, thinking more about his thing for Sinead than the conflict with the IWU.

Arlene's reaction wasn't unexpected, although it didn't quite live up to Liam's prediction. Still. It made for a good show, and Ryan was especially mindful that his smirk didn't get obnoxiously wide. He'd always liked watching how siblings interact, given that he never had any of his own. The Sullivans he'd grown up around were mostly on good terms, so he always got a bit of a kick out of watching those that weren't.

Not wanting get on the blonde's bad side, Ryan nodded at her request of passing along her message, "Sure thing, Miss. As long as you get the next round that is." Polishing off the last of his whiskey, he placed the empty glass on the counter, "Besides, I'm sure Liam will be overjoyed to hear from his little sister again."

Misty Gray Misty Gray [Arlene]

Jason Costello

tumblr_inline_ntc3tlmcpu1swpa47_250.gif I fell for your jivin' and I took you in
Now all you got to offer me's a drink of gin
Why don't you do right like some other men do?

Get out of here and get me some money too

Accompanied by a full band of highly talented musicians, some of whom Jason had by now come to recognise, Darla had gradually eased her set into something more of blues than upbeat jazz. With the music having lulled him into a relaxed state, Jason wasn't startled by the feeling of two hands being placed over his eyes. A broad smile spread across his face when he heard Gwen's sweet, melodic voice in his ear. She swiftly planted a kiss behind his ear and moved to sit on the chair beside him and Jason turned to face her, his smile settling into something flirtatious as she stole his attention away from the music. Her beauty was so striking that it was now etched into his mind; he would dream of her at night, always imagine her sitting behind him as he rode his motorbike, her arms wrapped around his waist. Yet it still stunned him when she walked into view.

"Don't be," he reassured her when she apologised for being late. "It's good to see you, Gwen." Darla's performance was still going strong, but Jason was more interested in the woman sitting beside him now. Picking up his glass in one hand to take a sip, he let his other arm drop into the space between their chairs and found her hand with his. His gaze drifted back to the stage when Gwen commented on Darla's performance, but it didn't hold his attention this time, and he turned back to face Gwen as she looked him over. "Aye, and she's sittin' right next t'me," he flirted, a light blush coming to his cheeks as he set his eyes on hers. With a gentle tug on her hand, he pulled her into a kiss. "Really, Gwen, you're lookin' gorgeous tonight..." Before he could lose himself in her alluring smile, he drew himself away and sat up properly. "That reminds me - I, uh, got ye somethin'," he said, leaning down beside his seat. He placed a record of Louis Armstrong's 1956 When You're Smiling down on the table in front of her. "You probably know the song," he said, running a hand through his hair. "But I'd never heard a version like this before. It's not fast like the earlier renditions, it's more...for dancing. Anyway, it made me think of you." Jason sat back and finished off his whiskey in one go. "So, can I get you a drink or do ye want to head home?"

Interactions
Bellz Bellz Gwen

Conor Sullivan

1551115119270-png.545355
Conor stared down at their hands as they continued to laced their fingers together. She told him she had said those words to make him stop, but then assured him she had meant them and they weren't just said for the sake of calming him down. The smallest of smiles appeared on his lips as he acknowledged she meant it when she said she loved him. He looked back to her face when she told him again how she felt, leaning his face into her hand as she rubbed his cheek with her thumb. He was glad she believed him when he said he wouldn't hurt her, that she didn't think he was some monster or someone capable of hurting those he cared for.

Conor looked Aliana in the eyes as she told him she felt no remorse for killing those men. She reasoned that they weren't innocent, that they were part of the very organisation that was causing trouble for his family. Tommy and Leo were dead because of the IWU. He'd often imagined walking into that factory of theirs and killing the lot of them. For the last few weeks, he'd wanted to stand face-to-face with Gideon, the man who was in charge and who had hospitalised James. He knew Aliana was right, that those two men they had just killed were far from innocent. "I understand, Ali. I think I do..." he told her, firmly nodding his head.

"I'm not going to break my promises to you and I'm certainly not planning on dying for a while yet," he told her. He was starting to feel calmer and less shocked by what had transpired. He placed his arm around Aliana to pull her close and gently ran the fingers of his free hand through her hair. He placed a gentle kiss on the top of her head before pulling away and taking a step back, looking down at the dress she was wearing. "Your beautiful dress is ruined," he sadly told her, seeing the blood on her clothing. "I... um... Do you want to go get cleaned up?" he suggested.

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Aliana)

Skye McKendrick

1550420157716-png.541816
Skye's eyes looked past Syd when he pointed out she had been having headaches quite often. She didn't think she would have noticed or at least that he wouldn't be taking stock. He then suggested she take time off and pointed out how the kids could be tiring, seemingly taking his reasoning in a different direction, much to her relief. "You're right. Emery has been so full of energy and louder over the last few days, which isn't helped when the three of them then start bickering." She helplessly shook her head when Syd suggested she took some time off, not sure if she could. "But Peter and Sinead are happy again - they need me to babysit so they can have more date nights like tonight. And I need this job and this home."

Voices could be heard outside and Skye noticed the silhouettes of the Callahans moving to sit out on the porch. "I think they're back anyway, so we can leave the kids here now," she told him, knowing it wouldn't have been wise to leave the three children in the house alone. When Syd told her not to fall asleep on him, she quickly shook her head, her face still resting on his chest. She listened as he told her Lucy would want to make sure she ate something. "It's okay, I'm not going to sleep. I want to go have dinner with you all," she confirmed to him, smiling contently to herself. She then pulled away and stood up straight, rubbing her eyes and then running her hands over her hair to smooth it out. "I'll be alright. I'll make sure I eat everything and I'll get plenty of sleep tonight. I'm just not going to the doctors again," she told him. She knew he hadn't mentioned her seeing someone about her headaches, but she felt she had to make it clear in that moment.

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Syd)

Syd Porter

1551869419530.png Syd sighed as Skye fretted about his aunt and uncle's marriage, still gently stroking her hair. As a nanny, it was in her nature to put other people before herself; it was a trait that Syd admired about her, illustrating her high maturity level and emotional strength. But she was his girlfriend, and her well-being was of utmost importance to him. Sometimes he wasn't sure if she cared enough about herself. "Listen, I think it's great that you respect their relationship and I know you of all people must have seen the worst of it," he reasoned. "It makes sense that you want to support them. But you're making yourself sick, Skye... I'm sure they can handle having a few nights at home so that you don't have to work. They're not going to kick you out or fire you for being ill, I promise." Syd bit his lip as he observed her for a moment. "One day, yeah? Take one day and see if you feel better. You won't be a burden on Sinead and Peter - I can stay here and look after you. And I may be no good where homework's concerned, but I can mind the kids too if they really need another date night."

The sound of voices outside made both of their heads turn, indicating that his aunt and uncle had returned home and were now sitting out on the front porch. Syd turned back to Skye and rubbed her back soothingly as she continued to rest her head against him. "You don't always have to be so brave, you know," he uttered, planting another soft kiss on the top of her head. "You've got people like me looking out for you."

Once she had assured him that she was up for coming round for dinner still, Skye stood back from him and rubbed the sleep from her eyes. Her hair was a bit tousled from her earlier nap on the porch, but she soon smoothed it back down. Syd smiled at the sight of her. At the mention of a doctor, however, he couldn't help but frown. "Again? What do you mean?" Syd hadn't had to go to the doctors in years - it wasn't often that he got ill at all, but when he did, he never considered it worth a visit. Yet it was different when it was someone else - especially if that someone was Skye. He wanted her to be healthy and happy, no matter what. Headaches could be caused by so many things that Syd never put them down to anything more than dehydration, lack of sleep, exhaust fumes, overexertion, noise levels, alcohol and physical blows - none of which he believed a doctor would be able to offer much help for. But he had noticed that Skye had been suffering them more than usual, so perhaps it could be caused by something else. "There's always Finn," he reminded her. Admittedly, he didn't have much of a clue as to what kind of doctor Finn was, but if Skye didn't want to go to a surgery, his uncle was the only other option he could think of. "If the headaches keep coming back, I mean... you'll tell him, right?" Syd took hold of Skye's hand and looked her in the eye. He didn't want to pressure her, but it seemed that perhaps somebody needed to.

Interactions

tumblr_peocqt8qH81rmxa4zo2_400.gif

Aliana Cartwright

Ali could tell Conor was starting to calm down, which made her own nerves calm down a little. She really hated that she had to be this vulnerable, but hated it even more that it was during such a terrible time. There would be days she would imagine when and where she would be saying 'I love you' for the very first time and with a gun in her hand was not one of them. It was during a date where they would actually be able to have a peaceful night and it would a magical moment for her. Well, there was nothing like admitting your feelings for someone under extreme pressure.

The woman couldn't help put lean into his embrace, a smile on her lips. If someone were to tell her she was going to be falling in love with Conor Sullivan, a man who she only had sex with, she'd laugh and call them crazy. But, now here they were locked in an embrace and in a relationship. She really couldn't ask for more at the moment. She looked up at him when he assured her he wasn't going to be breaking any kind of promises he would make to her. Her face grew serious, figuring this was just a good a time as any to start making demands. "Well, since you won't break any promises I have a few." She put her index finger up, "One. Before my father got put away for good, any time he got arrested I had to visit him in prison. I don't want to ever step foot in a place like that again, which means I can't have you getting put away and especially not because of your temper." Her middle finger went up next to her other finger, "You have to buy me a new dress. Preferably one like this, only because I've only gotten to wear it twice and it seems like each time I do, I'm taking it off and you aren't." She laughed a bit before her face got serious again and she looked down for a moment. There was a bit of hesitation before she looked back up and held up three of her fingers. "You can't stop loving me and I won't stop loving you."

At the mention of getting cleaned up, she nodded her head. "Definitely... But I don't want anyone in the house to see me like this just yet. I don't want to talk about this until tomorrow so we have two choices. We either sneak upstairs like we used to or we go back to my place. Your decision."

Conor ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )

Jackson McCarthy

The shards of glass scattered across the pavement shimmered like stars from the incandescent streelight above it. The smoke from Jackson's Walther PPK was strewn about as Jackson carelessly waved it around the recently deceased. Expecting Rudy to have made quick work on Vernon, he was surprised to hear the burst of retorting gunfire. The firefight was shortlived, as six spordiac gunshots from the murky streets rang out and Vernon's legs crumbled from beneath him.

The man collapsed like a dumbbell, his legs bending down to his heels and chest pushing over his knees - folding like a suitcase. Vernon's face rested uncomfortably across the broken glass and spilled beer. A pool of dark liquid quickly formed as the running blood from his lips mixed with the gore which ran from the messy exit wound just above his ear.

"Fuckin' hell, Rudy," Jackson scoffed at his partner's reaction time. He used the back of his hand to wipe the wet substances off of his cheek, which he assumed were the contents of Vernon's head.

Despite how lifeless the bodies appeared, Jackson fired two shots into the back of Vernon's exposed skull, causing the cranium to become even more mangled. He then swayed his aim to Patrick, firing another two shots into his neck and skull until the slide of his pistol racked itself.

Figuring that a few alarmed apartment dwellers were sure to look out their windows any minute, Jackson quickly retreated from the light. He shuffled to the vehicle parked around the corner, speaking to Rudy in a harsh whisper. "Once we're outta' here, I'm gonna have to explain to you how a bloody driveby works," he hissed.

Shireling Shireling (Rudy) Misty Gray Misty Gray (Patrick/Vernon/Richard)

Conor Sullivan

1551115119270-png.545355
Conor pulled back slightly so Aliana could look up to see his face. When she mentioned having some promises for him not to break, he intentionally pulled an exaggerated cringing expression. "Oh shit..." he remarked, trying to lighten the mood a little and distract himself for his remaining anxieties. First, she made him promise not to end up locked up in prison like her father had. "Tonight was a close call, but I swear I ain't getting myself sent to jail. I'm never ending up there. There's no beer in those shit holes, for starters," he pointed out. Then, she informed him he was to buy her a new dress, to which he enthusiastically nodded. "I can do that. I'll have you know I'm good a picking out women's dresses... I used to get tied into taking Tinkerbell shopping back in Chicago. I'll even throw in a second dress for you - one with loads of leg showing, yeah?" he flirted with her.

Conor stepped back a little further from the embrace as Aliana turned serious and seemed to hesitate. His girlfriend then held three fingers up, making it clear another promise needed to be made to her. He couldn't help but smile at her words, briefly glancing to the ground as he felt himself blush, which was a rare thing for a man usually instigating such charm and romance. He looked Aliana in the eyes and grinned. "Ali, I don't see how I can ever stop loving you. That's a no-brainer, but I will promise if it'll make you feel better." He took hold of the hand she'd been holding up and softly kissed the back of it. "You'd better not stop loving me either," he lightly warned her.

He looked back to the house when Aliana said she didn't want to be seen or have to explain what had happened. "Let's go back to your place, love. I don't want to risk someone catching us if we sneak upstairs. I definitely don't want to face James right now," he admitted, being fully aware of how irritable the Boss was since getting out of hospital. Conor's own apartment above the pub was always an option, but then there was a chance of one of the customers intercepting them and being nosy too. "Let's go. I need to get cleaned up," he said, aware he'd wiped blood onto the clothes he was wearing.

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Aliana)

Skye McKendrick

1550420157716-png.541816
Skye let out a groan as she gave in to Syd's reasoning. "Okay. Fine. I'll make sure I get some rest and take a day off work," she assured him. "I know it won't be a burden to them, I just hate letting being ill get the better of me," she admitted. She then grinned. "You? Babysitting those three? Now that I would like to see. If the noise isn't driving you mad, then it must be silent, and if Emmy is ever quiet, then you should be worried!" she warned him.

When Syd told her she didn't have to be brave, Skye looked down and bashfully smiled when he kissed her head. "I forget. I spent so long having to be brave and to fight for myself that I never expected anyone would care enough to want to protect me. I'm just not used to it," she admitted.

Syd picked up on her mentioning she'd already been to the doctor and this caused her to awkwardly bite her lip. She had hoped he'd gloss over the information or at least not question her about it. "Yeah, I went a couple of weeks ago," she said, casually shrugging her shoulders. "They just told me to take it easy and go back if it got worse. It's okay, Syd," she told him. She didn't want to go back to the doctors, not after the amount of time she'd spent there with her mother when the woman was terminally ill. She'd had enough of those place and hospitals, so wished to stay as far away from illness and death as possible. "If the headaches come back I promise I'll talk to Finn," she assured Syd. "But I don't think I need to. You're worrying over nothing," she softly told him.

Skye leaned forward to kiss his lips and the gently stroked his cheek with her fingertips. "Now, my handsome protector. What's on the menu at your house? I'm starting to feel hungry," she told him, hoping to change the subject from her annoying symptoms. "Also, I can't wait to see teeny tiny Thomas!" she enthused.

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Syd)

Peter Callahan
lean .jpg
As Sinead spoke about what she had been through, all Peter could do was listen. It truly did sadden him that such a sweet woman like his wife had to see all of these things, that nothing like that should shock her anymore. Peter hadn’t been there for all of what the Romano’s had done, but he had been there long enough to see the devastation they left in their wake. She went on to list all of the terrible acts that had been committed by others, only to sum up that none of them had been committed by her own family, right before her eyes.

It was something that the family prided themselves in doing, keeping the eyes of the innocent away from such violence. The family proved that work and home life could be kept separate, so long as no one else came to gun them all down. Sinead put her arm around him and Peter quickly did the same for her, holding her close as she continued to say that she knew they had all been doing this type of thing for the business…it once again saddened him that she was exposed to all of this.
”Hey…” Peter murmured softly as he saw the tears falling from her eyes. He used his fingertips to help wipe them away as he placed a soft kiss on top of her head. When she asked for him to hold her, the man smiled gently and nodded, ”As you wish.” He murmured to her before wrapping his arms around her tightly. Peter always loved to be held in times of sadness or trouble, it always seemed to ground him…he hoped it would do the same for his wife.

Peter had looked up and out towards the night, not really staring at anything in particular. He hadn’t noticed when Sinead looked up at him again until she spoke, causing him to angle his head down slightly. ”Don’t worry about me Sinny.” He said to the woman softly. Tonight had been the first night that he hadn’t freaked out during a tense situation…he wasn’t sure what to make of it really. Was he getting better? That was still up for debate.

”All of these…experiences, will only make us stronger. If we can survive times like these, then surely we can survive anything.,,,right?” He wondered out loud. After a brief pause, the man sighed and shook his head slowly. ”These experiences have also found a way to ruin me…”

”I’m glad I stayed collected tonight…or things could have been a lot worse off for Conor.” If he would have flew of the handle, Conor would have most likely paid for Peter’s mistakes…which he would never let himself forget if that were to happen.

”Just make sure you treat your brother sensitively over the next few weeks…I think what happened tonight is going to hit him pretty hard.”

Finn Sullivan
HANDSOME .jpgFinn smiled as George talked about there being nothing wrong with a little imperfection. Given the fact that the doctor thought he had too many to count, he was relieved that Georgie thought that way. He let out a loud laugh as George then cringed, stating that his words didn’t come out as romantic as he intended them to be. ”Hey, anything coming out of that pretty little mouth is romantic and complimentary.” He teased with a wink.

With his shirt on, Finn ground his teeth at the fabric practically clinging itself to his burnt skin. He carefully and delicately pulled it away slightly but nodded his head as George asked if he was okay. ”Now now, if I told you when you get it, it wouldn’t be a surprise now would it?” There was a teasing smile on his face as Finn closed the car up before looking it. Turning to look at George, the man still couldn’t keep the smile away from his features, ”This shirt actually isn’t helping anything…but I’m more of the silent sufferer type anyhow.” He waved his hand as if to dismiss the subject before the men headed out for the walk that had been mentioned.

It was a struggle for Finn, not being able to be close to George. Although they had been together for a short while and things were still fairly new, Finn found himself feeling very comfortable with his partner. He was affectionate, it was just part of who he was. When he couldn’t show it, he became slightly frustrated. He wished the public would just butt out for once. George answered his question and Finn nodded his head slowly, ”Fish and Chips eh? That sounds lovely!” He chirped happily. His stomach growled as he said that, causing him to chuckle, ”My stomach seconds that.” He said with another chuckle before looking away from George.

”I’m glad I could be here to experience this with you for the first time again. It was refreshing to see the light in your eyes when you saw the ocean again…almost child like wonder…makes me feel young again.” He murmured.

With: Georgie Misty Gray Misty Gray

Gwen Sheehan
Gwen in red .jpg
Gwen’s cheeks turned a slight pink color as Jason reached down to take her hand in his. Jason’s comment did nothing to help the pink in her cheeks as she felt them warm up even more. The woman wanted to put her hands to her face in hopes that it would cool her down, but she refrain from doing so, not wanting to ruin the small amount of make up she had on. He tugged on her hand gently and she naturally leaned in for a kiss, loving the way he kissed her, she felt like she could fly in those moments, the club fading into silence as it was only him she saw in the club. ”Oh this old thing?” She asked as Jason continued to compliment her appearance. ”Thank you.” She said sincerely but watched with great curiosity as Jason stood up and reached beside his chair. Raising an eyebrow, she watched as he pulled out a record and placed it on the table in front of her. This made Gwen’s heart do leaps as she stared at wide eyed excitement at the record.

The woman nodded her head gently as Jason said she probably knew the song, and she did, it was one of her favorite songs to sing. Looking down at the record, she listened as Jason explained that he’d never head a version such as this one before. It peeked Gwen’s interest and she smiled widely. ”This is the sweetest thing someone has gotten me in a really long time, Jase..” The nickname she had been internally giving him now surfacing on accident. Looking up, she watched as Jason finished off his drink before asking what she wanted to do.

The redhead hummed in thought for a moment before nodding her head a few times, ”Let’s blow this joint. You know I have my own little bar at the apartment.” Jason had been over more times that she could count on both hands, so he was now familiar with everything she owned. With that, the redhead stood and held out her hand for Jason to take. Once lead outside, Gwen suggested that they walk, wanting to enjoy the night air with him. It wasn’t too far to her place, only a couple blocks.

***​

The sound of the door unlocking alerted Alto, Gwen’s orange tabby, that they were home. As soon as the door opened, he looped between both Jason’s and Gwen’s legs, causing the woman to laugh. ”I wasn’t gone that long Al.” She said to the cat as he then ran off towards his food dish, preferring to eat when people were around. Dropping the keys on the side table by the door, Gwen looked around her decently sized yet bare apartment. She had only been in the place for a few months but even then, she hadn’t been able to fill her things with it because they were stuck at Erick’s place. The only picture she had was that of her mother, which sat on the side table by the pastel yellow colored couch.

Gwen then slipped her heels off, sighing as the action brought relief to her feet. Pointing to the record player in the corner, she made her way to the cabinet to grab the bottle of whiskey she had stored away. ”Want to pop that record in so we can have a listen, maybe even a dance if you are lucky?”

George Sanderson
george-png.541974
George blushed at Finn's comment about his 'pretty little mouth'. He shook his head, unable to shift how the other man made him turn so bashful. "You make me feel young again, Finn. Like a teenager going out on dates with his first crush," he said, chuckling. "I guess if we take out the teenager part, that's kind of accurate. You're my first genuine crush," he realised.

When they reached the fish and chip stand, George scanned the chalkboard menu above the seller's head. He already knew what he wanted, but he found himself studying the menu regardless, wanting to take in every part of their evening out together. They were each handed their orders of fish and chips, which were wrapped in newspaper, just as George had remembered from all those years ago. He was thankful that some things hadn't changed since his time locked away. He adored the simple nostalgia. Though some aspects of the world he felt needed to be changed and improved, there were others he felt should never be altered. The things like nature and those small memories children grow attached to, leading to their older selves wanting to revisit them. This trip to the coast confirmed to him that his memories of the beach were all accurate.

They'd sat on a nearby bench to eat their food. The warm summer air and the calming waves of the sea had made their simple meal feel all the more romantic. Upon finishing his food, George absent-mindedly folded up the emptied papers ready to be disposed of. He looked to Finn with a playful glint in his eyes. "Do I get my surprise yet?" he asked, sending a flirty wink.

Bellz Bellz (Finn)

Arlene Sullivan

1550420169951-png.541817
"Hmm," Arlene mumbled when Ryan made his excuses for being single. "Well, don't use that excuse for too much longer. Lucy and Sinead managed to settle down in the heat of their family's war. There no reason for you not to either," he pointed out. "In this business, will things ever truly blow over?"

When Ryan asked her to get the next round in, Arlene flagged down the waiter and ordered in their drinks. Her attention then returned to Ryan and his comment about Liam wanting to hear from his sister again. "I'm sure if he really was keen to hear from me, he'd have made the effort by now. He manages to keep in touch with James often enough," she pointed out. Her face softened slightly and she looked Ryan in the eyes. "So, how were things in New York while you were there? Was everything still going well and was Liam keeping his head above the water?" she asked. "Not that I'm concerned for his well-being, of course," she was quick to point out - perhaps too quick. "I mean, Jack worked real hard to keep the Sullivans on top in that rough city. My brother had better not to ruining all of that hard work!"

Fletchawk Fletchawk (Ryan)

Sinead Callahan

1550429568279-png.541901
Sinead sighed as Peter wiped her tears away with his fingers. She snuggled in closer to him as he held her tightly upon her request. Her husband told her no to worry about him and she let out a gentle scoff. "I always worry about you, Petey. It's both my nature and what people do when they care so much for someone. I worry about all of my family and all of my friends. But it will always be you and the children who I fret most about. It's impossible not to," she softly informed him.

Sinead listened as Peter told her how their experiences make them stronger. "I know it probably doesn't look that way, but I feel stronger too. That man was bleeding and Ali had blood all over her dress, but I didn't feel that need to throw up. I fought the urge to scream out in shock. It didn't get to me as much as it used to." She nodded her head as Peter said they could survive anything after everything they'd already got through. He always knew how to reassure her and fill her with the warmth to keep going.

Her eyes opened wide as Peter mentioned how his experiences had been able to ruin him. It saddened her to think of how much he'd been through since joining the family and working for them. In the past, she had worried she'd tied him into a dangerous world when he could have found someone to give him a normal life instead, but she'd stopped thinking that way and knew Peter was where he was because he'd chosen his path. Still, that didn't mean she didn't feel for her husband and believe he was too good a man to have suffered through the hardships he had. She lightly nodded her head as she continued to rest it on his comforting chest. "I'm glad you stay collected too, Petey. You were really strong and brave. I don't know what I would have done if Conor had been caught, but you stepped up and helped my brother. I love you so much more for that," she told him.

When she was told to treat Conor with sensitivity, Sinead awkwardly bit her lip and moved back from the embrace, though still sat close with her arm around him. She looked up to Peter with a sadness in her eyes. "Of course. I love him so much and I will do everything I can to stop his heart from hurting." Sinead had never forgotten how much Conor had done for her when their father had been killed. When she'd had her breakdown, she knew he'd tried everything to help her, even if professional intervention had proved to be one of the worst experiences of torture in her life. The fact was, he'd done everything he could when she most needed him to.

"I know I hit him... I was just so angry and scared the whole journey home. I needed to let that out and Conor felt like the most deserving target in that moment," she admitted. "I hope he doesn't hate me for it and I hope he doesn't think I hate him. I just needed to do it," she admitted.

Bellz Bellz (Peter)

Syd Porter

1552135801776.png Syd was relieved when Skye agreed to ask for time off. It was clear she wasn't keen on the idea, but even if she was only doing it for him, he still believed she would benefit from it. His offer to mind the children for her was genuine, but it seemed to amuse her and she made fun of him. Syd raised his eyebrows and laughed in mock offense. "Hey, show a little faith!" he playfully argued. "They'd have a great time with me...it's nothing I couldn't handle."

By now, Syd knew all about Skye's past. Everything she had had to do for her mother, all the pain and hardship she had faced when she was young. It had thickened her skin and made her into a strong, independent young woman. Syd just wanted to make sure she knew she could be vulnerable with him and ask for help when she needed it. He had shown weakness to her before - although he never liked to cry in front of people, especially in front of girls he liked, the fact that Skye had seen his dark side made him feel closer to her. If in return she could admit to him when she needed him, he would know that she felt that same closeness. Of course, he understood how hard it could be, the expectation to be strong all the time. He hoped that she realised he didn't expect that of her. "Well, get used to it, baby, 'cause I'm not going anywhere," he assured her with a smile, squeezing her tight.

He watched her face closely as she admitted to having seen a doctor. Why didn't she tell me? he thought to himself. Syd liked to think she would be honest with him; although he respected her privacy, he hated being shut out of matters that concerned him, and he considered her health to be of his concern. Since Skye didn't seem to be worried about it, however, Syd decided that he wouldn't worry too much either. Instead of pressuring her more, he accepted her reassurance that she was handling things. "Alright," he nodded. "Just keep me updated, yeah?"

The way she kissed him then drew a blush to his cheeks and he smiled down at her as she lightly caressed him. At her suggestion of going next door to eat, Syd's stomach growled, launching him into action. "Alright then, sleepyhead, hop on," he playfully commanded, bending his knees to offer her a piggy back ride. "Let's get you fed - I know I'm fucking starving!"

"I'm stealing your nanny," was all he said as he passed his aunt and uncle on the front porch. "I promise you her safe return!" Almost as soon as the two were back in the kitchen with his mother, the sound of Thomas' cries rang through the house. Knowing that Skye was keen to see him, Syd took advantage of the baby's being awake and went to bring him downstairs. After rocking the baby into a calmer state, he carefully passed him into Skye's arms. He didn't mention anything of what he had learned about Gwen to Skye, nor of Skye's health to his mother, figuring that some things ought to be kept under wraps for now. Instead he leaned back against the kitchen counter and watched, with a tender look in his eyes, his girlfriend holding his baby brother in her arms.

Bellz Bellz Lucy

Jason Costello

1552153259170.png Seeing Gwen's face light up when he gave her the gift made Jason feel almost awkward. Of course he was thrilled to have made her happy, and when she expressed how much his gesture had moved her and called him 'Jase', he met her eye and let his face relax into a natural smile. That she was giving him nicknames made him realise how close she felt to him. After the night they first met had ended so badly, he never would have imagined that she would be looking at him the way she was looking at him now. When she decided they should head back to her apartment and held out her hand to him, Jason didn't hesitate to take it. The set was good - it always was at this bar - but it wasn't enough to make him want to stay when he could be spending his time with Gwen behind closed doors.

Her apartment, though sparse, was delightful to Jason. There was colour on the walls and comfortable furnishings and her sweet tabby cat, Alto, who always greeted him when he walked through the door. Jason bent down to pet the cat, who purred against his touch before trotting off to his food bowl. As soon as she had her shoes off, Gwen asked him to put the new record on as she made her way over to her drinks cabinet. The walk home was refreshing, but it had sobered him up somewhat. "Sure, if you're on bar duty," he winked, nodding to the whiskey bottle in her hand. Picking up the record from the counter, he read the front of it. It had been a couple of weeks since he had heard it on the radio, and not having a record player of his own, this would only be his second time hearing it. He hoped it sounded the same through her speakers as it did in his memory. Taking it out of its sleeve, he blew on it gently before setting it in place and carefully lowering the needle.

When the song began its soft, easy intro, Jason closed his eyes for a moment, allowing some time for the ambience of the room to settle. Once he had a feel for the rhythm and pace, he opened his eyes and looked to Gwen, extending his arm towards her and beckoning her over to him. "Would ye like to dance?" he politely offered, allowing her to answer him before sliding his left hand under her right and raising it so that she turned into towards him. Immediately he caught her and placed his right hand on her back. The two swayed to the music slowly and he drew her hand in close, their bodies connected all the way down as they stepped between each others' feet. Resting his head against hers, he caught her sweet scent and his heart raced from their closeness. The lyrics came in then and Jason smiled, almost embarrassed at having picked it out. He had given it to her because to him it seemed like the song was about her - she had the most infectious smile, and a laugh that could bring out the sun on the rainiest of days. With the song expressing exactly how he felt about her, Jason didn't feel the need to add anything, so he simply held her against him and slow danced in the middle of the floor. He sighed in contentment, and when there came a break in the song and the piano solo began, he took the chance to find out more about her. "Tell me, Gwen," he spoke softly, transported again by the romantic music into something of a trance. "Somethin' about ye you've not told me before."

Interactions
Bellz Bellz Gwen

Ryan Donahue
At the bar.jpgAs the two of them waited for their drinks, Ryan's response to Arlene's point was a grunt of acknowledgement. He wouldn't fault those that started families amidst the chaos that was their lives, nor was he blind to hardships that they faced. Ryan did feel a little empty at times, especially with Sinead still haunting his heart, but it was still preferable to seeing people he cared for hurt, dead, or worse.

Arlene's attempt to look indifferent as she inquired about her brother's side of the business only resulted in a raised eyebrow and a small crook of his mouth. He suspected that if she was truly concerned about Jack's legacy being left in Liam's hands, she wouldn't have been in Florida before coming to Dublin. Still, Ryan could see how it would be difficult to remain Liam's equal given the man's austere demeanor and hunger to be the best in all his endeavors. It made Liam easy to follow, but hard to negotiate with. Only once did Ryan see the man's stoicism break, and that was at the mention of Arlene.

After taking a drink from his refilled glass, he gave a summarized account of his time in NYC, "New York is busy. At least that's how it felt. But Mr. Sullivan tells me it's rather typical, so I'll take his word for it. Feels very condensed, lot of stuff going on that island." Ryan paused as he made sure of his grasp of what Liam's well-being was before sharing it, "He seems fine overall, but as you know, your brother keeps a lot of it under the hood. So, I could be wrong. But if you really wanted to know for certain..." Ryan made his teasing obvious by letting his mouth coil into a blatant smirk before continuing, "... I'm sure you remember your own home's address."

Misty Gray Misty Gray [Arlene]

Last edited:
Finn Sullivan
HANDSOME .jpgFinn was surprised to hear that he was George’s first genuine crush. It made his heart flutter slightly at the thought of him holding such a place in side Georgie’s own heart. They reached the fish and chip stand and he watched as George looked over the menu, allowing him to order first before doing so himself. Once they were both handed their orders, Finn suggested that they sit at a bench nearby at first, wanting to eat before taking George to the surprise that Finn had waiting near by.

The food was delicious and Finn found himself satisfied and full, sprawling out on the bench lightly just as Georgie looked at him with a playful look in his eyes. He let out a laugh as the man asked when he would get his surprise. ”Oh my goodness you sound like the Callahan’s little one, Emery. No patience at all, hmm?” He wondered allowed before sighing and crumpling up his own papers, standing. ”Well come on then, you are only going to slow us down if you don’t hurry.” He teased, his own turn to be playful with George.
After disposing of the trash, Finn walked with George further down the sidewalk lined along the beach, headed towards a small almost abandoned looking pier. He remember it from the last time he was on the coast, a possible area for privacy underneath. ”It may not look like much, but I think given the chance…it could really be something amazing.” He murmured as he moved to step into the warm sand again, getting closer and closer to the pier until they were underneath it.

Underneath it, the waves echoed lightly off the legs and the wood above it, amplifying the sound. They could walk back towards the shore, saving themselves from getting soaked from the waves coming to lick the sand only a few feet away. ”Wow.” Was all Finn could say as he moved to sit in the sand, patting the place beside him as he turned his head to look from side to side. There was no way someone could see them now…right? ”Care for a little privacy. I’ve been missing you all day.”
with: George Misty Gray Misty Gray
Peter Callahan
lean .jpg
When given the opportunity to be so close to his wife, Peter rested his chin on top of her head as he snuggled closer to him. It was true, Sinny always worried about him…and as much as he wished that she wouldn’t…it really just was in her nature. Sinead admitting that she felt stronger was a good thing, at least that’s what Peter thought at first. His wife not reacting as she use to was a sign that she was growing stronger…or maybe it was just a sign that she was getting too use to the world around her…that she was losing her innocence. This pained Peter as his eyes closed just thinking about his wife never being the same woman he fell in love with, untouched and unaffected by the war around her. Somehow through all the years, she managed to be the light the family needed at the end of the tunnel. He was meant to persevere that light…

Peter didn’t deserve the forgiveness she gave him. Lifting a hand, he carefully placed it against her hair before beginning to stroke it. ”I love Conor, I couldn’t let him down.” He murmured gently. He valued the family he had, remembering that only 10 years ago, he didn’t have one. The understanding she had for Conor was unbelievable and Peter was so proud of his wife in that moment. He kissed the top of her head lightly and pulled her closer, smiling lightly.

His smile only faded slightly when Sinead mentioned hitting Conor. Peter hadn’t wanted to mention it, knowing that his wife had every right to be mad with Conor…as he had put them in a situation that was tough to get out of. ”You had every right to do it, love. Please know that. Conor understands why you did it and if he doesn’t I’ll make sure he does.” He promised her before turning Sinead’s face up towards his own. The man was just about to kiss Sinead when Syd’s voice was heard a few feet away. Lifting his head, he watched as Syd, with Skye in tow, headed towards the Porter’s house. He stated he was stealing the nanny and Peter nodded his head immediately. ”Don’t worry. Thank you Skye, we’ve got it from here.” He reassured the nanny before letting the two young lovebirds continue on their way.

After a pause, Peter looked back to Sinead, wondering if she was ready to head inside and face the children yet.

Gwen Sheehan
Gwen in red .jpg
Standing on her tip toes, Gwen reached up in her cupboards to grab a couple of glass just as the music came on. The song was familiar yet there was something different just like Jason had said, it was lovely. After pouring two full glass, the redhead looked up just in time to see Jason’s hand beckoning her over. Giggling sweetly, she swayed her hips lightly before grabbing the glasses, placing them on her coffee table in the living room before taking his offer, ”Dance away.” She murmured, letting him lead her into it. His head rested against hers and her eyes glanced into his, unable to keep the smile off her face as she memorized the features of his face.

There was something that dancing did, that brought her closer to Jason than any other kind of contact. They stood so close and even though they were still standing, clothed and not tumbling through her sheets, the situation was very intimate. Noticing the embarrassed sort of smile on Jason’s face, Gwen raised an eyebrow at him, her own smile growing as they silently continued to dance. Eventually, the woman closed her eyes and she began to hum along with the song lightly, really getting into it until the piano solo began.

As Jason spoke, the redhead opened her eyes to look into his own. His request wasn’t an unusual one. The pair still had a lot to learn about on another even though it felt like Gwen had know the man forever…it was hard to believe that she had been mad at him in the beginning. Biting her red stained lip lightly, Gwen already had something that she was itching to tell him. The conversation with James had been a milestone in her relationship with him and the family. It would only be a matter of time before she would be introduced to the family and her time being alone and on her own would come to an end. Whether Jason was apart of that would depend on if he would stick around after she told him about what the family did. Part of her was sure the man wouldn’t dream about leaving her…not after the short yet passionate time they have spent together. But in the back of her mind she needed to prepare for the worst, as hard as it was to do.

Casting her eyes downward towards their feet, Gwen spoke, ”Well I guess I could tell you the reason I was late?” The woman looked slightly nervous as she then glanced back up at Jason. She worried she might ruin the moment…but he wanted to know more about her…and this was the only thing she had left to tell about her life. ”I went to visit my brother and his family today at their residence. I’m not sure if I told you but I have two half brothers that I just recently found out about…after my mother died.” The song continued on but the dance had slowed down even further in their conversation now to where they were only stepping slightly between each others feet, holding each other.

”My one brother, James Porter…he’s quite famous in these parts. Makes a good living and takes care of his family, totally different from what I was thinking the head of the mob would be like.” Gwen had rambled on now, not even noticing in her nervousness that she revealed her brothers occupation so quickly. After a moment, the woman’s eyes widened and she held her mouth open slightly, unable to speak any further as she awaited Jason’s reaction.

Jason Costello

1552234882108.png "Go ahead," he encouraged, noting her nervous expression as she glanced up to him. From the way she was hesitating, it was clear that she was anxious to admit something to him, but Jason was too relaxed in that moment to let his mind fabricate possible reasons she was late to their date. When she mentioned having two brothers that she had only just learned about, Jason leaned back slightly to look her in the eye. "Wow, you're meeting new family? That's dead exciting! I can't imagine how that must feel..." A look of wonder set on his face as he tried to put himself in her shoes. "How's it all goin' so far? What are they like?"

Gwen continued by telling him about one of her brothers, describing him as being quite famous, which piqued Jason's interest. Before he could ask what the man was famous for, he heard the word 'mob' and suddenly found himself stuck for words. The name had sounded familiar, and now he knew why. Still, he held his composure and continued to dance smoothly with her in his arms, bringing her closer against him so that she wouldn't try to read his facial expression. "You're tellin' me that James Porter, head of the Irish Mob...is your brother?" he slowly drew out. His voice was level and calm, but inside he had to admit he felt a little shaken. Part of the reason Jason loved spending his time with Gwen was because she had this power to dispel all his troubles with her presence. He was burdened by many things, but when he was with Gwen, he could leave them all behind and just focus on the one part of his life that was going well for him. Hearing of her strong connection to the mob threw their relationship into a brand new perspective, however - one potentially more complicated, and full of risks that he wasn't sure he wanted to take.

Of course Jason had heard plenty of the mob - they made headlines often enough, and with Commissioner Morris talking often of organised crime, anyone would have to be extremely ignorant to not pick up on their presence. His impression of them wasn't negative, as he actually looked up to them with admiration. Wherever the authorities stood, Jason had always made sure to stand on the other side, and he knew that gangs operated in a very similar way. Both he and the Porters had risen to success through crime, and even though he had lost to the system in the end, he still held respect for the mob. Their strong presence in Dublin didn't put him off living there at all. Now that he knew Gwen was linked to them, however, he felt differently...

The two had reached a point in their relationship where Jason would have expected to be introduced to the family. The thought of meeting parents always evoked some anxiety in him, but since neither of them had any family, he didn't think this would ever be an issue he would have to face. Now, that had turned around completely and to add to the pressure, it wasn't even an ordinary family he would have to meet...it was the Porters. They had power, influence, a well-known tendency towards violence. He takes care of his family, she had said; in other words, he protects them from anyone who does them wrong. If he put even one foot out of line, he could turn a whole mob of notorious gangsters against him. If he was to stay with Gwen, he would have to take the whole package: commit to her fully, never do anything wrong. There would be no room for error, and as much as he cared for her and wanted to make her happy, he wasn't sure he trusted himself to be enough, to live up to their standards. Especially given that he had already managed to hurt her once, not to mention his own criminal tendencies, everything he hadn't yet confessed to her...He was sure that if he confessed now, she would have enough reason to run to her brother.

The music soon lost its calming effect on him and though he still held her comfortably in his arms, swaying to the gentle rhythm, Jason wasn't enjoying it so much anymore. He began to feel slightly sick; he needed a stiff drink, some air and some time to himself to think things over properly. But as usual, he wanted to hold it together so as not to give anything away. Realising he had perhaps been quiet for too long, Jason searched for something to say. "What were you expecting him to be like, then?" he asked, his voice calm yet showing interest. "Like he's portrayed in the media?"

Interactions
Bellz Bellz Gwen

Last edited:
George Sanderson

1552238856710.pngGeorge couldn't help but laugh when Finn compared him to one of his very young relatives. "What can I say? You bring out my youthful side!" He then stood when the man did and threw his own empty papers away. "I am not going to slow you down at all, not when a surprise is involved," he trailed off. He walked with the man along the beach until they reach on old pier. "I trust your judgement," he reassured Finn when the man said his surprise might not look like much. The stepped onto the sand and made their way underneath the empty pier.

The sound of the sea hitting the wooden supports of the pier were peaceful and relaxing. It allowed George to take in the moment with just himself and Finn together; nobody around to restrict them or make them feel like they couldn't be themselves. George happily sat on the sand beside Finn. He turned his head to face the other man and looked into his eyes as their privacy was acknowledged. "I've missed you too," he softly reassured him, his voice faltering as he was overcome by the moment. He placed his arm around Finn's shoulder and moved in to tenderly kiss the man's lips.

George's eyes were closed as they kissed, but soon shot open as he heard a female voice, one that was vaguely familiar from a past encounter. He quickly turned his head around but remained sat on the sand, somewhat dumbfounded...

"Finnian?!" Shannon called out as she stopped a few metres from the two men. "Finnian Sullivan! What the bloody hell are you doing?" she asked, clearly shocked by witnessing her nephew kissing another man. She was glad she'd told her friends she would catch up with them at the coffee shop rather than somehow explain this to them. She wasn't sure how to explain any of it to herself! "Is this why Eleanor left?" she asked, wondering if her harsh words for the young woman had been sorely misplaced. She slowly stepped closer to the men so she could take a good look at them both. She soon recognised George from the day he visited and Finn was showing him around the house. "This... Finnian... I need answers." Shannon wasn't sure what to make of the situation. She was completely shocked and confused to find her nephew kissing another man. None of it seemed to make sense to her. She'd been waiting for him to get married to some sweet woman and have kids of his own.

Bellz Bellz (Finn)

Arlene Sullivan

1550420169951-png.541817
Arlene listened as Ryan gave his assessment of how things were in New York. "Busy sounds about right," she agreed. She took a sip of her gin as he continued to answer her question. "As rough as things are over here at the moment and as bad as they were in Chicago, the threats to the family always stuck out like a sore thumb. In New York, there's all kinds of people and groups just ready to cause trouble. It's not often so personal nor easy to identify, but is certainly a problem, nonetheless."

Ryan informed her that Liam was as well as anyone could ever tell and she casually shrugged her shoulders. She was sure her brother could be on death's door and he still wouldn't admit it in case it was taken as weakness. "Well, he's breathing, so that's a good sign," she reasoned. She snorted and looked away for a brief moment as the suggestion she could visit Liam to see for herself. She then looked back to Ryan and shrugged her shoulders. "Maybe I will grace him with my presence some day soon. You sure you don't want to make the trip with me and play referee?" she joked.

Fletchawk Fletchawk (Ryan)

Sinead Callahan
1552241860916.pngSinead smiled and took in every moment as Peter softly stroked her hair. She was glad to hear her husband speak so positively about her brother. She knew how much all of her family adored Peter and it was good to know he felt the same about them. She gasped a little as Peter kissed her head and pulled her in closer. She loved to be held and to hug others, so the warmth her husband's embrace gave her would never grow old. As she melted into the moment, she was reassured that her action towards Conor was justified and that her brother would understand. She hoped Peter wouldn't have to make sure of it, but it still took some weight off of her mind to know her husband would have her back and talk to Conor if necessary.

As she and Peter were about to kiss, the moment was interrupted by Syd and Skye as the two rushed outside to head towards Lucy's. Sinead couldn't help the warm smile that took over her features as she watched her nephew and the nanny happily rushing off together. She laughed before turning back to Peter and rolling her eyes. "Oh, how cute! We'd better get an invite to their wedding," she teased.

Taking Peter's cue, she let out a sigh before standing up. "That means it's time we get inside whilst the house is still standing," she remarked. She was about to open the door before Savannah stepped out and informed them she was going to Lucy's for dinner. The blonde girl didn't leave it open for debate and set off on her way to the Porters house, leaving Sinead to simply nod her head. "Alright. That one less kid to sort out," she concluded.

When they stepped into the house, Emery rushed over to them and practically jumped up into Peter's arms to give him a hug. From inside the lounge, Braden's voice could be heard calling out to his parents. "Muuum! Emmy said I smell of poo!" Braden yelled out.

"Well, actually, no. I didn't. He's lying," Emery protested. She unwrapped her arms from around Peter's neck and jumped back down onto her feet. "I actually said he smells of shit," she began, before running back to the lounge. "No snitches allowed Brady!" Emery's voice trailed off from inside the nearby lounge.

Sinead turned to Peter and let out a deep breath. "As exhausting as it is, I guess this is the kind of normality we need after what happened tonight," she reasoned. "But if that little monster says 'shit' again, she's done for!"

Bellz Bellz (Peter)

Skye McKendrick

CompleteImpressionableFrog-small.gifFor a brief moment, Skye looked at Syd with confusion when he told her to hop on. He soon made it clear he was offering her a piggy back ride and so she sprung herself up onto his back. "Onward! Food awaits us," he playfully called out. When they got outside, Syd informed the Callahans he was stealing her and she couldn't help but giggle. "I'm in safe hands. I promise," she joked.

When they arrived in the Porters' kitchen, the sound of Thomas crying could be heard and it prompted Syd to go tend to his baby brother. In the time he was gone, Skye turned to Lucy and softly smiled. "Thank you for letting me have dinner with you all, Mrs. Porter," she politely told her. "Are you excited for the wedding? Is it really only six weeks away?" she asked, trying to quickly work out how long was left until September.

Syd soon returned with Thomas and Skye turned to him so she could receive the baby and hold him carefully. "Oh, aren't you just adorable?" she spoke to the child. She gently stroked Thomas' cheek with the index finger of her free hand whilst her other arm cradled him close to her. Having never had baby siblings or anything, she was simply a natural when it came to looking after small children. It briefly crossed her mind to sit down whilst holding Thomas but she decided against it, figuring she wouldn't get sleepy again if she was standing. She stood opposite Syd and smiled. "Your brother is so cute. When he pulls that serious little face, he totally looks like a Porter," she observed.

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Syd) Bellz Bellz (Lucy)

Last edited:
Rudy Meyers
Rudy Meyers.jpg"You just jumped out the fuckin' car, mate. You didn't say anythin' about a goddamned driveby!" Rudy hissed, retreating behind Jackson and into the car. Goosing the gas, he was able to get them far enough down the road in a short enough amount of time that he doubted anyone could positively ID the car, let alone the plates, although they would change those as a precaution anyways. As they drove, Rudy seemed like he was ready to pass the ride in silence. His shoulder was oozing blood, but not at a rate that he actually felt any concern about, given that the adrenaline of being shot at was still working its way out of his system.

"Maybe I forgot you said anything, I dunno," He said apologetically, after a while, "I feel like I'm getting too old and slow for this kind of work." He had to admit that he was. He had been more and more out of the loop from the rest of the family since James had left. The trouble with the IWU and his uneasy relationship with aging and retirement were putting the German-Irish gangster into a mental vicegrip, so he decided not to think about it.

"We should have done that to those fuckheads years ago. Everytime I come out here to beat someone up, it's practically always those clowns. I bet this neighborhood is going to get boring with them six feet under."

Enzyme Enzyme

Gwen Sheehan
Gwen in red .jpg
The excitement in Jason's voice was encouraging to Gwen but she knew as soon as she told him the truth, that excitement would change. She could have bet money on it and won because as soon as the words slipped out she sensed something off about Jason. It was hard to tell, his face and demeanor hardly changed, they continued to dance smoothly together as if she hadn't just dropped a bomb on the romantic night they were having. Gwen's eyes looked away from Jason, biting her blood colored lips, nervous to know what he was thinking inside that head of his. He brought her closer to him and she didn't hesitate to press the side of her face against his warm chest, listening to the sound of his heart which was noticeably faster than normal. She nodded her head as he slowly drew out his question, clarifying that James Porter was indeed her brother. "Surprise...?" She murmured, the word turning into an unsure question, not moving to look up at him, for fear of what she saw.

Although James and herself joked about scaring Jason away, she was sure that joke was becoming her reality, just like she knew it would. James didn't know how intimidating he really was it seemed like and now she wasn't sure if she could ask what she wanted to originally. The music had faded away and it felt like it was taunting her in a way. Was she reading this entire relationship wrong? The redhead always had doubts when in such a fling, and for good reasons. What was this thing between them? Could she even call it a relationship? Gwen squeezed Jason's hand a little tighter and her body felt heavy. There was a connection between them that Gwen hadn't felt with any other man before, she never smiled so much in her life, her cheeks ached whenever she was around him because he made her so happy.

The pieces of her life were finally forming back together and she couldn't think about what would happen if she lost him. He didn't ask for it, but he showed up at a time in her life where she had absolutely no one, he was the glue holding her together, encouraging her to continue on. Sure, she would survive as now she had her family but losing him would cause her to break for sure. Shaking her head softly against his chest, Gwen told herself to quit being such a mopey woman and just focus on the present. He was here now, and that's all that mattered.

His voice caused her to lift her head, her wide brown eyes searching his eyes as his voice was calm, interested in the subject of her brother. There was a soft lopsided grin that formed on her face as she let out a soft scoff, "You ever see Rocky and Mugsy in the Looney Tunes? I thought he was going to be more like Rocky, 'reals tough guy he was' smoking an everlasting cigar." Her chuckled at herself but she knew what she really thought her brother was going to be like...most rich guys were assholes, it came with the territory of power.

There was a pause between them before the song slowly came to a close. Gwen's swaying stopped and she broke away from Jason quickly, wiping her hands against her outfit as they started to become moist with sweat."Uh...here." She said and reached for the glasses on the table, she handed him one before bring her own to her mouth and gulping it down. She didn't stop until the glass was empty before placing it back down on the table.

Why was she so nervous? It wasn't like they were doing this for the first time. Gwen turned away from Jason a moment as she fumbled with the zipper on the side of her skirt, zipping it down to her thigh slowly before reaching for the top hem of the skirt and beginning to pull it down. Biting her lip, she turned back towards the man and smiled shyly..."I think I would like to continue this dance in the bedroom?" The confidence in her eyes was lacking, but she held a smile as she walked towards Jason, taking his hand a pulling him towards the bedroom.

***​

Gwen flopped down on the bed beside Jason and laughed breathlessly as she looked up at her ceiling, the lights from the outside streets below shining in the darkness of the room. Pulling the sheets up and over them, Gwen turned to cuddle against Jason's side, resting her head on his chest as she closed her eyes. "Thank you." She murmured to him, her mind now eased for a while. There was something about what they just did that filled her with reassurance about what she wanted to ask Jason.

"Hey? So I have a question...and you can say no, it really won't hurt my feelings..." Gwen looked up towards Jason's face, having a hard time seeing his face in the dim glow of the room. "James is getting married to his wife again...which I think is the most romantic gesture ever, but I need a plus one," She paused, not going any further as she was sure he knew where she was going with this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back