• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A Family Affair: The Irish Mob - IC (Ended)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Conor Sullivan

1544915473340-png.514213
When Ryan ordered himself a meal, Conor nodded in agreement, believing getting food was always a good idea. In a way, it also made it clear to the Sullivan man that his old friend wasn't intending on rushing off just as soon as he'd joined him. Ryan declined Conor's offer of chips, opting to be patient for his own order to arrive. "Ah, probably for the best. I'm a growing man and I need lots of veg," he said of his chips, before pulling the plate back to himself.

Conor grinned at Ryan's enthusiastic confirmation that he was there to bring him the spare keys. The blonde's face dropped as his old friend continued on about him trying to keep his mistake quiet. After a pause, Ryan agree to keep things to himself in return for Conor paying for his meal. Conor reached out and placed his hand over the keys, keeping his hand in the same place for effect. "I believe we have ourselves a deal," he confirmed, following up with a single nod of his head. He then picked the keys up and stuffed them securely into the front pocket of his jeans, confident they wouldn't be lost there.

A soft smile took over Conor's lips as Sinead's intervention was confirmed. To know she had made such an effort despite her own troubles reassured him that she hadn't let her own unhappiness consume all of her thoughts. Also reassuring was to hear that Ryan would have come to him at some point even if the redhead hadn't stepped in to nudge him along. With his old friend talking the way he was, Conor couldn't help but feel like they were about to make progress with repairing their tattered friendship. After some thought, Ryan spoke up and confirmed that he realised he'd been in the wrong to hold things against Conor the way he had. The blonde silently nodded as he processed Ryan's words, then looked to the man to see he was waiting for a response. The relationship with Alex was over, but it seemed like Ryan would have come to the same realisation even if it was still going on. "I appreciate you telling me this, mate," he seriously told him. "I had a lot of time to think about myself, and to remember how my family first took the news. Were it the other way around, I think I would've reacted how you did too," he admitted. He'd long since acknowledged himself as a hypocrite for how he'd initially reacted to finding out about Sinead and Angel. It had taken him some time to come to terms with it, just as it had taken time for Ryan to accept the former relationship between Conor and Alex.

Conor ate a couple more chips as he allowed himself a little time to get his thoughts into check. He then looked back to Ryan and quirked an eyebrow. "I'd quite like to put it behind us and give it a go being friends again... if you're up for that too?" He felt the fight they'd had that day in the garage didn't need to be specifically mentioned, hoping that was something that could be pushed aside to clear the path for their reconciliation.

Fletchawk Fletchawk

Syd Porter

Syd braced himself against the sharp twists and turns in the road that they were having to take at speed. With two patrol cars now following them, it seemed like their chances of escape were getting slimmer. The wing mirror reflected the bright flashes of red and Syd kept his eyes on it, his heart beating rapidly with fear and adrenaline. When Jackson began to slow down, he felt a panic rise up in him. The Cresta could certainly outrun either of the patrol cars, of that he had no doubt, and he also knew Jackson would never give themselves up to the Gardai. Still, his breath caught in his throat when the engine appeared to give out, almost willing to believe that the chase was over and they had been caught. But then they suddenly sped off, and Jackson managed to expertly hide the Cresta in a roadside parking space. Syd slid down in his seat and waited for the sirens and flashing lights to pass by before daring to sit up again. The tension in the car didn't simmer down once they had passed, however - with Peter and Jackson shouting at each other, Syd figured the rest of the drive would have to be spent in silence. He flicked the safety lever on the rifle and shoved it under his seat, briefly turning to his hysterical uncle and seeing the tears on his pallid face.

There was no doubt that their appearance, as well as the heavily damaged Cresta, would attract attention and questions on their return. He wasn't proud of what he had done, and for now was in no mood to answer any questions at all. So when they pulled up to the gates he barely glanced at Brian, not wanting to see his reaction, and was glad that Jackson didn't even try to satisfy the guard's natural curiosity. He stayed seated for a second, briefly thinking of his mother - then shook the thought away and got out of the car. He opened up Peter's door and took a good look at the man before him.

"Come on, job's not over yet," he said to his uncle, a slight strain in his voice from trying to ignore the pain spreading through his body. The man was a sight, shaking and sweating and visibly unhinged. Syd had never seen him like this. "Are you okay?" he asked, in a low voice. It wasn't often he asked that question to another man; he was naturally protective of his mother, his sisters, his aunt and of course of Skye, but any concern he had for the men was more distant, and rarely vocalised. But he had promised his aunt Sinead that he would look out for Peter, especially on this being his first job since his release from prison. He was almost glad of the responsibility; the longer the job lasted, the longer he could hold off the shock that threatened to take hold of him, something he didn't want to deal with until he could be alone. The sound of John vomiting stole his attention for a second, and he cringed slightly as he watched Jackson drag the mess of a man to the front door. Turning back to his uncle, Syd held his good hand out to help him out of the car so the two of them could follow the others into the house. "All our job is now is to deal with that waster. Nothing about that you can't do," he asserted, but deep down he wasn't at all sure what his uncle was or was not capable of in this state. "Let's get inside, yeah? Have a drink, sit on seats with no glass in them."

Once inside, Syd located John and started taking the usual steps. Though it wasn't often he came home in this state anymore, he still knew the drill: whiskey, ice, painkillers. With a slight tremble in his hand, he poured out three glasses and passed one each to Jackson and Peter before downing one himself. After slipping to the bathroom to roughly wash off any excess blood from his heavily beaten face and to swallow a couple of pills, he returned to the others. He refilled his glass, set a pint of water on the table in front of John and sat himself down, a bag of ice resting on his left eye and another on his arm. "Time to get sober, man," he told the accountant. "You're in deep shit."

Interactions
Bellz Bellz Peter
Enzyme Enzyme Jackson, John

Kennedy Sullivan

Kennedy had expected this reaction. Surely James won't go: "Oh you fucked his face up? Good job boy!", and he did not wish for him to ever be like that, he always had the greater game in his vision. Something Kennedy knew to handle but sometimes just loved to ignore, in return of feeling the moment, the randomness such as hitting that man in the face, something unexpected. Ken needed this kick, else he had to retail to other sources. He simply nodded as James. He nodded along as James elaborated on the ways of IWU and why Carter acted, having realised that already during the interrogation.

As James spoke about 'bait', Ken really had to withstand from cringing, actually feeling like a scolded pupil for a moment there. At the end of Jame's question or proposal rather, Kennedy shook his head heavily now, pressing his lips together. "Not at all. Kelly will do his part, and if he ain't doing it then Donnelly will have my back. I might even get a verbal warning or some shit, but nothing serious. They need me in multiple investigations. I handled things like this before I returned to the family, I can still do it without putting a burden on you and the family. I am not here to cause more trouble." He raised his palms slightly in a way to emphasise on his honest and good minded words.

Then he swiftly added: "I know that it was his plan to provoke me. But not like this, he wanted me to talk, he thought he could turn the interrogation around and let me speak of my connection to the family or any small detail he might judge as useful." Now he chuckled, a complete contrast to what his face looked like for weeks was not noticeable. "Sorry lad, I know it sounds childish in such a serious situation but you should have seen that guy's face. He did not expect it, I think the bait got thrown back into his face." He shrugged once again, still trying to look apologetic in some way.

"This man's nuts, James. 'You'll get yours' he screamed and laughed like a mental.", on that he pointed to his head with his index finger, shaking his head in disgust of the memories from that interrogation.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

James Porter

1545572520953-png.516995
James listened to Kennedy as he assured him the likes of Kelly and Donnelly would cover his back on the matter. The Detective seemed pretty certain his actions wouldn't come back to kick him up the arse and that he was presently too much of an asset in ongoing investigations. "Well, alright, Ken. I'm trusting you to make sure this never happened. If you receive the slightest resistance or doubt from your colleagues, you have to inform me so I can step in. Our family is back there... their freedom and safety rests on this," he said, pointing back to the house for emphasis. It didn't matter what Kennedy thought of him, but James at least expected he would show concern for the likes of Finn, and his Sullivan cousins.

James then listened as Kennedy told him about Carter's role during the interview. "Well, I hope you at least didn't give him the details he was hoping to hear," he casually replied, though he meant his words. James studied Kennedy as he began chuckling but the reason for the laughter was soon made clear. "Yes, I'm sure I would have enjoyed seeing Carter's face back there," he admitted. The Detective went on to highlight how crazy Carter was. "I'm sure I'd enjoy it even more to see the man with his skull smashed in, for the shit he's pulled on this family. Until then, I suggest you get some rest and avoid dwelling on the man's words. Don't give him that satisfaction," he reasoned.

During the back end of their conversation, James had noticed the damaged car pulling up in the driveway, followed by the four men getting out and heading into the house. Once satisfied he'd heard what he needed to from Kennedy, he knew he had to catch up with Jackson and the others. "Meanwhile, it's not yet time for me to rest for the day. We'll catch up tomorrow," he assured the man.

James walked quickly towards the house and entered via the front door, not far behind Jackson. From the hallway, his eyes peered into the main lounge where he'd noticed Sinead and Finn comforting each other. He discreetly pulled the door shut, so the two in the lounge wouldn't be disturbed and in return so they wouldn't overhear his conversation. "Jackson!" James said, in a loud whisper, before beckoning the man to one side, towards his own office door. "How did it go? Do we have John?" he asked, now at a normal volume.

mpower mpower (Kennedy) Enzyme Enzyme (Jackson)
Mentions: Pyroclast Pyroclast Bellz Bellz

Jackson McCarthy

7ba6dfe92dfc9d92a6768b2406b4b52d.jpg
Jackson staggered into the house after John, who barely made it a few feet before stumbling to his knees. Jackson neither had the patience nor energy to deal with the man further, so he was happy to see Syd scoop him up. John was in no position to resist and sat down in the chair after being led there. The man slumped into the seat and rested his chin against his chest, looking hardly conscious.

Jackson leaned back against the table, accepting the glass of whiskey instantaneously. Knocking his head back, he downed the whiskey in one gulp without any difficulty. As Syd returned, John's eyes struggled to meet the boys. He comprehended what Syd was telling him, but was having trouble piecing together what was happening. "No kiddin'. I owed those guys a lotta' cash when yous' pulled me out," he slurred, holding a cheeky smile.

Jackson put the glass away and rested his weight on the table. At the sound of his name, he looked over his shoulder to see James. Jackson grumbled lightly and swiped his hand across the table, grasping the bottle of whiskey. Taking a swig, he followed behind James to his office.

Jackson entered the warm office and leaned against the bookcase. It was apparent that the job had taken a lot out of him. He had wished for a quick and straightforward in-and-out and got the exact opposite. "Yeah, we got him," he grumbled before taking another swig. "Unfortunately," he added as he wiped his mouth with the back of his hand.

He looked back up to James, seeing that the man was displeased himself. He had remembered that James and a few others had left to deal with the Duncans for the second time, understanding that family could take a lot out of someone. "How'd it go with the scum?"

Misty Gray Misty Gray (James)

Mentioned: Pyroclast Pyroclast (Syd)

Last edited:
James Porter

1545572520953-png.516995
James stepped into his office, tossing his jacket onto the back of the nearby sofa. He turned to face Jackson once the man had followed him into the room. He'd already seen enough from the state of the car parked out on the driveway to know the job Jackson had been on hadn't gone as smoothly as intended. Still, seeing how exhausted Jackson appeared registered loud and clear with him, backing up what the damaged vehicle had already suggested to him. When Jackson spoke to confirm they had got John, James was glad to hear they'd at least got what they'd set out to retrieve in the first place. "Glad to here it. I figured he was the wanker being dragged inside," he remarked. "Did you guys hit some trouble in the process, then?" he asked. "Syd? Peter? Are they alright?" he questioned his right-hand man. If he was going to take any days off to support Lucy and the baby, he wanted to know his men, including his son, could keep things under control during his downtime.

When Jackson asked how the Duncan job had gone, James initially grunted in response. He was still unhappy with how things had to go down. "Vernon wasn't there, but we knocked the other three lads about. They'll certainly be feeling it for a while, that's for sure... Richard eventually admitted to it, after I'd held a gun to his head for a while," James explained. "Fact is, all three of them - and Vernon - should be dead for the shit they've been pulling. They don't realise how much they owe their lives to Johaan. And Johaan had better be thankful for that baby he's got on the way." He folded his arms in front of his chest and let out a deep sigh. "Richard's going to be signing the pub over to us in the coming days and if I hear the Duncans have pulled anymore shit, they won't be as lucky as they were tonight."

"We'd best get John in here or down to the gym. I don't want anyone walking in on us all," he suggested, knowing the likes of Sinead were in the house.

Enzyme Enzyme (Jackson)

Gideon Burnell

Gideon watched Adam stutter through is words, his injuries overcoming him. Minnie jumped in, adding that Adam wouldn't last much longer without medical attention. Gideon appeared not to show her any acknowledgment, watching Adam as he continued to talk. His wolf-like eyes flickered to Adam, sitting up straight in his chair. "Let go," Gideon simply answered Adam's question. "Everything you think you know; right and wrong, what's ethical and what's immoral."

Gideon stood up, holding his hands behind his back. "Your attachment to officials, to the Dublin people, to the Porters; let them all go." He walked closer to Adam, so if he were to lose consciousness, Gideon would be the last thing he saw. "Everything you've ever done, everything that's ever happened to you, has been leading you to this moment."

Gideon sat down at the desk to better aline his eye contact with Adam. "You want to make your father proud?" He asked, settling his stare. "You will destroy the Porters and all those who stand with them. A revolutionary crusade is descending upon this city, and you are destined to be at its forefront."

With that, he stood up from the desk and looked to Minnie. "Bring in the medical staff. Losing him is not an option."

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Adam) Bellz Bellz (Minnie)

Jackson McCarthy

Jackson nodded, confirming that John was the one they brought through the door. He wasn't sure who else James expected it to be, although he was sure plenty of the poker players would've happily tagged along. He chuckled at James' question about trouble, having to take another swig of the whiskey to deal with processing the memory. "My ride didn't do that to herself." He smacked his lips together, clasping the bottle in both of his hands. "The people of Drogheda don't muck about. They would've rather died than let John outta' the pub." He chuckled once more, finding the whole situation too ridiculous not to laugh at.

At James' question about the safety of Peter and Syd, he considered telling James about Peter's breakdown. He felt the words almost roll of his tongue, but he stopped himself. Peter had been too fragile for prison and it had broken him. If James heard about Peter's mental destruction, he'd never let the poor guy go out on the field again, which would further damage his ego. He kept it to himself and ended it with a single nod. "They did alright. Syd certainly held his own as his old man would've."

James didn't seem to have any better of a time dealing with the Duncans. Jackson gave his condolences with the offering of the whiskey bottle. "Nothin' a swig of whiskey can't help," he said with an empathetic smirk.

With James' word, it was back to business. Jackson pushed himself off the bookshelf with a grunt. "Right, let's get that pissa' down to the gym." Jackson moved out of the office door with James behind him. The two trailed back to the living room, where John sat slumped. "Get up, princess," He ordered the accountant as he kicked the side of the man's foot. John shook back awake and sat up. "Where we goin' now, Jackie?" John asked, genuinely curious without a tinge of fear. Jackson looked to the two guards beside them. "Take him down to the gym." They did as they were told without question, grabbing onto John's arms and dragging him from the chair.

Misty Gray Misty Gray (James) Pyroclast Pyroclast (Syd) Bellz Bellz (Peter)

1546095266822.png Syd Porter

Syd sat slumped in his chair, his head tilted back to balance the ice while he gripped the other ice pack around his elbow. John's words grated on him. It had supposed to have been a straightforward job, but thanks to John's disloyalty and lack of forethought, it had been anything but. Of course, Syd also knew that much of what had happened was his own fault, but right now he wanted to direct his anger at their foolish accountant. His uncle had had some kind of nervous breakdown, Jackson's car was wrecked and all three men had come away injured to some degree - and yet, here was John, smirking in the face of it all. Syd tore the bag of ice from his face and slammed it down on the table, sending him a hard glare. He suddenly lunged for the pint of water and chucked the contents up into the man's face.

"Wake up, you brainless twat!" he spat. "All of this, all of this is your fucking fault. You don't give them shite 'til you can pay them with your own money. Don't you get it? We weren't rescuing your stupid ass! I'd let them have you if you didn't still have business here. You should be praying my dad's in a good mood today."

Syd downed his second glass of whiskey - a little larger than his first - and placed the ice back over his swelling eye as he settled back into his seat. Although he was always dedicated to the job, he couldn't think of anyone whose company he would have enjoyed less in that moment than John's. More still, he hated to be out of action and having to sit still. It had never been something he was good at, and now it was only making him more agitated. He wondered where Skye was, wished he could go and play with the dogs or something - anything but sit there, keeping an eye on John.

After a minute or so, Jackson reappeared with James following in behind him. "Dad," he said, scrambling to sit up straight. It was his natural instinct to hide his injuries from his parents as best he could, but as he was still at work he hadn't had much time to sort himself out and now it was too late. Instead, he stood up and drily remarked, "You're looking a bit roughed up."

Interactions
Enzyme Enzyme Jackson, John
Misty Gray Misty Gray James
Bellz Bellz Peter

James Porter

1545572520953-png.516995
"Well, we'll let Ryan decide if the car can be fixed or if it's getting stripped for parts," James told Jackson. He loved cars, so it was always unfortunate to see them end up wrecked, especially as he had little time to fix them up himself anymore. He listened and nodded along as Jackson spoke about those in Drogheda. "Yeah, that's why I try to avoid having to go near those inbred wankers," he remarked, managing a smirk of his own. More than anything, he was glad the three men had returned home in one piece and with the prize known as John.

When Jackson informed him both guys did alright, James was glad to hear it. He had been concerned about sending Peter out on a job but was relieved to know he'd managed to get back into the swing of it. Hearing Syd had held his own, James couldn't help the proud grin that formed on his previously serious features. Whilst James had deep down been glad Syd wanted to have a part in the business, it had been difficult convincing Lucy to agree to it. Knowing his son had done a good job that evening pleased James greatly and he hoped it would allow Lucy to relax about it all too. "I didn't expect any less from him," James assured Jackson.

When the bottle was offered to him, James gladly accepted it and knocked a good amount of whisky back straight from the bottle, clearly in no mood to fuss about getting himself a glass. He set the bottle down on the coffee table before following Jackson out to smaller guest living room where John was being kept. James watched on as Jackson booted the man's foot and ordered him to get up. He groaned with irritation as the accountant spoke up, highlighting the fact he was drunk. It crossed his mind to pour some cold water over the man, but judging by his already drenched appearance, that had already been done. As instructed, two of the guards dragged John down to the gym and out of the way of the family's living areas.

James was then able to bring his attention to Syd, who had rushed to sit up straight upon his arrival. The lad hadn't had time to hide his injuries and the man's eagle eyes honed in on them. Judging by the teenagers remark about him being roughed up, James was at least able to conclude the lad wasn't sat crying about being hurt and seemed to be taking it on the chin. James was happy to avoid dwelling on it, figuring Syd would get the sympathy or comfort from Lucy and Skye. "You should see the other guy, mate," he remarked. "Besides, you're looking a little rough yourself. Trying to steal my thunder, are ya?" he joked.

Straightening up, James rubbed his hands together and cocked his head in the direction of the gym. "Let's go see to that drunken shit-stain before I lose my remaining patience," he told Jackson. He would leave it to Syd and Peter if they wished to follow on, figuring they might have had enough for one evening.

In the gym, John had been shoved down on one of the benches against the wall, the cold bricks likely helping the unsteady man keep upright. James descended the stairs into the well lit gym and wasted no time in walking over to John. The drunk man's eyelids seemed to have grown heavy in a short amount of time, so James wasted no time in leaning over and slapping the man's cheek a few times to evoke some alertness from the accountant. "Earth to John!" he flatly spoke, keeping his face in the man's for a time before standing straight and towering over him. "You've been gambling away money that doesn't belong to you," James calmly spoke. As he did, his eyes focused on the dumbbell poles and the iron plates sitting on the nearby storage racks. The way he was feeling, it would be quite a release to smash the man's skull in, there and then, but he knew that was an action he would prefer to save for the likes of Vernon Duncan. Besides, John was a good accountant and one he wasn't prepared to rush into killing. He stared down at John again and hit the side of the man's head with the back of his hand, commanding him to look up at him. "You owe me £2000. You're good with figures, so tell me when you think am I getting my money back?" he demanded.

Enzyme Enzyme (Jackson, John) Pyroclast Pyroclast (Syd)
Mention: Bellz Bellz (Peter)

Nathan Bennett
Armie_2.pngThe recent events still lingered at the back of the marksman's head, looping itself until he recalled every detail. Nathan had became fully aware of the history shared between the Porters and the Duncans, but it still stuck him when he confronted them for the first time. In a war, there are no feelings or personal vendettas. It's a duty. In his previous gangs, where you were simply a pawn, it was all for money and a decent night. Now that Nathan was working with James and his family, it became aware that his life will be a combination of war and crime. Yet, there's pride to be taken in what he does. In what he did with James and Rudy that night. It didn't bother him, he was just curious to what will come from that mission.

The bodyguard decided to enter the Porter mansion and explore the vastness of the interior. It was intricate and luxurious, but he wasn't overwhelmed by it. He felt it was best to leave James and the others to business whilst he made himself quite at home. The decor was warm, inviting and expensive. He made sure not to lean too heavily on anything, otherwise his career may well end up being short-lived. Nathan had managed to find the kitchen, glancing around before taking it upon himself to have a glass of water. James wouldn't mind. Nathan still felt like he had at least a little bit of special treatment.

After refreshing himself, he glanced around to hear various noises echoing around the house. A portion of the shouting was James, but he heard other voices contribute. Nathan decided against investigating and simply thought he should take his leave, seeing as he's performed his duties for the night. He adjusted his coat and moved towards the door. It led to the driveway, which was currently occupying multiple vehicles, including one that was severely damaged. Their night was more eventful than his, clearly. The Porter mansion was busy tonight, Nathan had no reason to involve himself too much. Unless James wanted otherwise.

Nathan slid out the door, aiming for the doorway as he spotted Kennedy just a few paces before him. He hasn't had many encounters with the man, but he was aware of his presence and influence with James. Perhaps it would be good for the both of them to become better acquainted, seeing as they've only had passing moments. It would help just in case an important mission occurred, that required the both of them. Nathan nodded and called out to him. "Kennedy Sullivan, right? How are you? Haven't had much of a chance to know everyone properly." He let out a polite chuckle, glancing to the ruined car with a raised eyebrow. "What happened to the motor?"

Interactions & Mentions
Kennedy Sullivan; mpower mpower James Porter; Misty Gray Misty Gray

Last edited:
Peter Callahan
Finn Sullivan
giphy.gif
Peter didn't say anything back to Jackson's obvious disapproval. There was nothing more that needed to be said. When the familiar gates came into view, the man let out a relieved sigh. He had been awaiting to return all night and now that he was finally home, he felt like he could relax. No danger could touch them here. Peter didn't move out of the car when it came to a stop in front of the garage. Instead, he stay still, staring at the cuts on the back of the seat from broken glass. He hadn't noticed the others getting out until Syd pulled open his door, staring at him. Peter ground his teeth as his nephew stated that the job wasn't over yet. The man gave a firm nod, continuing to stare at the back of the front seat for a moment longer \"I will be." He stated simply, reaching a hand to pat the boys shoulder gently. "Don't worry about me. You did a great job today." It was true, Syd had held it together more than Peter and in all honesty Peter was embarrassed by it. But he would give credit where credit is do. When Syd held out his hand to help Peter out of the car, the man took it and stood up slowly. Peter didn't pay any attention to Jackson and John, who were making it towards the house. Walking slowly towards the house, Syd reassured him that all they had to do was deal with John now, and that Peter could do it. At the suggestion of a drink, Peter could help but smile lightly. "Read my mind, boy." It didn't take them long to enter the house, all of them making a beeline for the drinks. Peter quickly downed his, not even taking a second to breath before slamming the glass a little too harshly against the counter. Cringing, Peter stared at John a moment before peering around him. "I should go find Sinny." He spoke to himself just before James entered the room. When Jackson followed him out, Peter looked to Syd, who had ice to his eye. Pouring himself another large glass, he gulped it down quickly, cringing slightly at the taste as he struggled to keep the drink down. It was silent until John said something set the young lad off. Peter was surprised at the words he said to John. The drunk of course didn't seem to care. "Woah woah, Syd, don't worry about him. Put that ice on your eye again eh?" He tried to say in the calmest voice he could, knowing how upset he was.

A few moments after, James and Jackson walked into the room. Peter immediately looked down, not making any eye contact with his brother in law, avoiding showing the man what a mess he was. Peter couldn't stop working...he just couldn't. Luckily, James paid little attention to him and he was able to sneak out as they all headed to the gym. He planned to follow them as soon as he checked in with his wife. Walking down the hall, he caught sight of himself in a large mirror and turned further to look at it. There was already a few bruises forming on his face, one above his left brow and a right black eye, the blood vessel had popped in the eye, causing it to look bright red around the whites of it. His lower lip was cut open down the middle and swollen. The man was sure he had more bruises somewhere but kept moving as he searched around the house for Sinead.

Finding them in the lounge, Peter could overhear their conversation and stopped just shy of the entryway, listening in for a moment before making his presence known.
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f39365656524a4648517a35704d773d3d2d3538363231373639322e313533363261626431303266326662393230313436383430393331362e676966

Finn offered his cousin a soft yet sad smile as she held his hand, stating that he deserved better than what he had right now. When she rested her head on his shoulder, Finn laid his head on top of hers. He wished she could make his pain go away too. This pain he was feeling...it wasn't over Eleanor. How could he tell Sinead that George was into him? What was he suppose to do? And as if Sinead read his mind, she asked about him. Letting out a soft sigh, Finn lifted his head and looked down at his lap. "I saw him today actually." He told her. Swallowing harshly, he looked to Sinead. "I'm not sure we are going to be friends anymore." There was small silence as he fought with himself about telling Sinead. A part of him thought it was wrong. George had poured his heart out to him, telling Finn his secret...perhaps that wasn't anyone else's business.
He opened his mouth to speak just as he heard a small shuffle in the hallway. "Hello?" He called out, brows furrowing together in confusion. The person behind the corner stepped out and revealed themselves. Finn let out a gasp in surprise as Peter stepped into the lounge more. "I'm sorry to interrupt..." He spoke softly, "I just wanted to let Sin know I was back." The Doctor looked over the man for anything more than scrapes and bruises. "Need me to patch you up, mate?" he asked, secretly hoping he would be able to have a distraction a while today. Peter shook his head once. "Thank though, I'll be fine." He then looked at Sinead closely, not saying a word as he waited for her reaction. Finn cleared is throat, already feeling a tenseness between the couple. Finn lifted both of Sinead hands to his lips, kissing them lightly before gently releasing them. "I'll let you two talk." He stated. "Come find me after your done Sinny." He said, giving her a look that stated they need to talk some more. With that, Finn quickly left the room, giving privacy to the Callahans.
with: Sinead Misty Gray Misty Gray
mentions: Jackson Enzyme Enzyme ; Syd Pyroclast Pyroclast ; James Misty Gray Misty Gray

Last edited:
Jackson McCarthy

John was practically dead weight for the guards, letting his feet drag across the floor. The two shoved him against the brick wall, where he spent no time making himself comfortable. Jackson groaned at the sight of him and wondered when John would give it up. His patience had run thin over the mission, and the accountant's antics were close to setting him off. "Don't be sucha' prick," Jackson spat. It was no use; John had closed his eyes to go to sleep. James smacked him out of it with a few light taps and with that, his eyes fluttered open, and he held a charming, crooked smile.

John paused as if he were thinking over James' question. "That's a lot of money," he admitted. "I don't know if I can get that all back, but how about this," John sat up, his eyes still half shut. "No more drinkin' for a month; I'll be a great accountant, full-time." He offered up his hand as if he were weighing the option physically. "Or I'll try and gamble it back. We can't be sure if I can win it all, but that's just a risk we'll have to be willing to take."

Jackson's patience snapped, his arms shooting down from their crossed position. "Enough of this shit!" Jackson walked up to John and roughly grabbed around the man's shirt collar, shoving the accountant against the brick wall. This action didn't seem to faze john in the slightest. Instead, he turned his attention to Jackson and smiled. "We all know you're not gonna' do anything, Jackie. You lot need me." Jackson pulled the Walther PPK from the back of his waistband and roughly shoved the barrel against John's forehead, clicking the hammer back with his thumb. "You wanna' bet, ya' twat?"

The clicking sound of the hammer seemed to snap John out of it and sober him up instantly, the color immediately draining from his face. "Wai- Hold on..." Jackson's eyes were set ablaze, his finger firmly wrapped around the trigger. "Say the word James and I'll fuckin' waste him."

John's hands shot up beside his head, his face expressing utter terror. "Wait, please! Mr. Porter," His skittish eyes shot to James. "I'll get you your money! I have my own account, completely separate!" The man's stutter was worsening as he continued to plea, although it was evident it wasn't from the alcohol. "He's lying' through his teeth, James," Jackson muttered, applying more pressure against John's head.

"No! I swear! I have an account for my son's college fund! I'll take your £2,000 out! It's all yours! Please don't kill me!"

Misty Gray Misty Gray (James) Pyroclast Pyroclast (Syd)

Sinead Callahan

1546125776429.pngDue to her perceiving him as a kind soul, Finn had always been someone Sinead would go to for comfort. Often simply being in her cousin's presence tended to be enough to provide her with some reassurance. When he mentioned he'd seen George earlier, Sinead initially smiled at the thought. Her smile soon fell when Finn suggested they weren't going to be friends anymore. "Oh no. That doesn't sound right. He seemed like a nice man..." she softly told him. Still, she hadn't spoken to George herself and Peter had only known him within the prison walls. Perhaps there was a chance he wasn't the nice guy they'd believed him to be. "I hope he hasn't hurt you."

The conversation was cut short upon hearing someone else join them in the lounge. Sinead followed Finn's gaze towards Peter. She immediately noticed her husband's bruised face and black eye, which caused her to take a deep breath to try control her emotions. He explained he'd interrupted to let her know he was back. She quickly nodded her head, but didn't speak as Finn first offered to tend to his wounds. Peter declined, paving the way for Finn to politely excuse himself from the room. She faintly smiled when her cousin kissed her hands and remained seated as she watched him leave the room. "Of course. I'll come find you, honey," she sweetly assured him.

Sinead stood up and stepped away from the couch so nothing was standing between her and Peter. She approached her husband but stopped a couple of feet from him as he studied his injured face. She awkwardly clasped her hands together in front of her as she was torn between the urge to comfort him and the fear that he would reject her affection. She took another deep breath and briefly glanced to her hands before looking back up to Peter, meeting his eyes. "What are you trying to do to yourself?" she suddenly asked him, her voice firm but faltering ever so slightly. She brought her right hand on to her chest, nervously fiddling with the silver pendant that hung from her chain. She let go of the pendant, but still allowed her hand to rest over her heart. "You... You told me how awful prison was and I can see how much it has affected you. I can feel how much it is affecting us." She took a deep breath, unable to hold back what was playing on the tip of her tongue. "Why are you doing these jobs again?! You could end up dead or back in that awful prison. I don't understand why you're doing this." She let her hand drop to her side in frustration. "Jesus, Peter! After everything you suffered in there, why are you going out and risking being arrested again?"

Bellz Bellz (Finn, Peter)

James Porter

1545572520953-png.516995
James' jaw tightened when John started by saying he didn't think he could get all of the money back. The man then went on to suggest going sober and working full-time for him. Even worse, the accountant went on to suggest further gambling to try winning back the money he owed. James breathed out of his nose as he prepared to throw a tirade of expletives at the fool for continuing to waste his time and test his patience. Instead, Jackson beat him to it by grabbing John's collar and slamming him against the wall. The drunk goaded Jackson by saying he wouldn't do anything because they apparently needed him. Those words alone made James inclined to tell Jackson to shoot the bastard in the head. James didn't like the idea of anyone trying to talk down to his employees like that.

The way John seemed to sober up and suddenly change his tune made James think against giving Jackson the go ahead to shoot the prick. "Let's see what John has to say for himself. He'd better make it good," James calmly reasoned, noticing the accountant was now taking things a little more seriously. "A completely separate account, yet you still had the nerve to steal from me?" James asked, folding his arms as he stepped forward, stopping at Jackson's side. His eyes followed the barrel of his friend's gun down to John's forehead and then focused on the man's panicked eyes. James was certainly more inclined to agree with Jackson; that the man was lying about the account.

"Ah, come on!" James scoffed as John spoke of his son's college fund. James stepped away, briefly pacing along a short distance before retrieving one of the solid steel dumbbell bars and gripping it at his side. After taking the time to think over the man's words, James returned to Jackson's side, expecting the gun to remain against John's head. "Are you sticking to that story, John? There's £2000 readily available in your son's college fund? Because... I know where to find your son and I'm sure you'd like to see him again, wouldn't you? If your story is a lie, I'm giving you one chance to change it, right now. Otherwise, you'll be getting me that money before you get to see your son again."

1546136798195.png Syd Porter

Syd let out a brittle laugh at James' joking remark. As always, he did feel better for seeing him, and especially this time to see that the Duncans hadn't hurt him too badly. At that moment, however, his mood was too heavy even for his father's humour to lift. He continued to glare at John as he was dragged once more through the doorway and down into the gym. When he moved to follow them, he realised that his uncle had quietly removed himself from the room. Syd wasn't going to go looking for him, but just hoped that he would be alright for the evening. If Peter was to start coming out on jobs again, he needed to come back entirely, and not just in pieces. Although he seemed calm now - enough even to attempt to soothe Syd - his emotional instability certainly showed itself tonight. If his earlier breakdown made a reappearance in a future job they might not end up so lucky.

Down in the basement, John had seemed to slip back into a drunken stupor. Syd sat on a nearby bench between him and the door and watched as his dad slapped him awake. At first he seemed calm and reasonable, but Syd knew his father was ready to come down hard on the man at any moment. Though he enjoyed watching the accountant get backhanded, he also knew that no one had the patience for any of his ridiculous attempts to answer James' question. Jackson inevitably snapped and ended up thrusting the barrel of his gun into John's forehead. That this was happening in his own gym made the situation suddenly feel very surreal.

"So, you had an account of your own," Syd slowly drew out, as if taking his time to piece the information together. "Yet you chose to gamble away our money...Sounds almost as if you thought you'd get away with it, is that right? That we wouldn't notice, and come after you?" Syd leaned forward, wincing slightly as he tried to hold his arm in place. Still he retained a steady glare in John's direction. "Well, I for one don't see what good you are to us at all. Accountants are disposable. Especially lying time-wasters like you."

Interactions
Enzyme Enzyme John, Jackson
Misty Gray Misty Gray James

[Mentioned] Bellz Bellz Peter

Jackson McCarthy

Despite the venom James and Syd spat at him; John had only been focused on one thing, keeping a bullet out of his head. When they pointed to the fact that he had his own money and chose to steal from James, he had no choice, but to stay silent and hope they would only gloss over it. When James asked if John was telling them the truth about the funds, he nearly bounced off the wall and got down on his knees, and he would've if Jackson weren't pinning him against the wall. "Yes, I swear!" He shouted, hoping that James would be able to detect the sincerity in his voice.

James tone was deathly grave, and John had no question that he would follow through on making his son disappear. While the thought was sickening, he nodded his head quickly enough to where it nearly detached from his shoulders. "I'm not lying! On my both my life and my sons, you will be reimbursed before the end of the week."

Jackson looked to James to study his face. It appeared that he was buying John's apology, no doubt tethered to the fact that John had a kid and James was due to have one any day. With that, he loosened up on John's collar and pulled the handgun away, causing a red circle to remain on his forehead from where the barrel had been pressed against his skin. Before moving it away entirely, Jackson pulled the trigger. The sudden shift in the man's finger caused John's eyes to squeeze shut to anticipate the gunshot. CLICK. The gun had run dry during the shootout getaway. From the reaction on Jackson's part, or lack of, it was evident that he knew the gun was unloaded from the beginning. "Pussycat," Jackson snarled as he shoved the gun back into his waistband.

John let out a pent-up sigh of relief as if he had been holding his breath the entire time. He collapsed his weight onto his knees, needing a few seconds to catch his breath. "I'll give you more than I lost," He said as his lungs returned to a steady rhythm. "Whatever I can do to make up for what I've done."

Jackson shook his head lightly, looking to the ground. He strolled over to one of the barbells beside a set of weight and picked it up, bouncing the metal in his hand. "Nah, mate. Save it for a nice cane." Jackson then spun around and smashed the metal pole against John's kneecap, causing a sickening pop to erupt and no doubt shattering his kneecap into a handful of pieces. John instantly collapsed onto the ground and screamed, rolling around in a fit of pain. "Fuckin' prick," Jackson spat, tossing the barbell onto the ground.

Misty Gray Misty Gray (James) Pyroclast Pyroclast (Syd)

James Porter

1545572520953-png.516995
James heard the way Syd was addressing John, pointing out both the severity of his actions and the fact a man of his profession was easily replaced. Were he not in such a serious mood, the man would have surely smirked at his son's words. It filled him with both pride and optimism to see how Syd had settled into his role within the family business. It reassured him his son was capable of working for the mob. Considering his age and that he still had much to learn, he was already excelling James' expectations. The boss glanced to Syd, not ignorant to the fact the lad was in some discomfort. John's life was going to be spared thanks to promises of the funds being available, but James wasn't going to let him leave the basement unscathed. Syd, Peter and Jackson had all received some injury whilst having to retrieve the thieving accountant...

John seemed to be taking things seriously by that point and though he was quite convincing in his assurance that they would be getting the money, James made sure to retain his suspicion. He shook his head upon hearing the promise he'd be reimbursed before the end of the week. James turned to Jackson, making it clear they were going to give John the chance to reimburse them. His eyes shifted to the gun before Jackson squeezed the trigger. No gunshot followed, just John's fearful response and Jackson's comment to the cowardly man. Whilst James hadn't known Jackson's gun was empty, he did trust his right-hand man enough to know he wouldn't have gone against his wishes and simply killed John.

James took a couple of steps back to allow John to fall onto his knees. He rolled his eyes at the man's promise to pay more than what was owed, all to make up for his big mistake. Meanwhile, Jackson had retrieved a metal bar and proceeded to smash John's kneecap with the makeshift weapon. James blew out a whistle, figuring the matter of giving the time-waster a souvenir was now taken care of. James remained silent as John rolled around in pain, waiting until the man had silenced himself and regained at least some composure. "It's Friday today. You have until the end of Monday to get that money to me. Are we clear?" he firmly told the man. "You're going to be watched very closely until I get my money back, so don't get any ideas." He then pointed to the two guards, making sure John was focused enough to follow his gesture. "Those two will make sure you get home in one piece, tonight."

Kennnedy Sullivan

Kennedy nodded to James, having listened carefully to James. Of course he shook his head as the question whether he spilled infos as Dresden desired. As the car drove up the driveway, James’ attention obviously had to shift. They exchanged their farewells and Kennedy returned his gaze to the horizon, zoning out. He was rethinking his actions and the possible other outcomes which could have happened in the interrogation.

As he was rethinking , a voice interrupted his thoughts. His head turned and his eyes met those of Nathan. Kennedy used his left hand to bottom up his jacket and hide his badge further while the other hand occupied Nathan’s in a firm handshake.

“Kennedy Sullivan indeed. You must be Nathan, right? I think we saw each other once or twice, aye. Nice to meet you. You’re a bodyguard of James, right? Good to know he’s in good hands.” He took a step back and glanced to the car which disappeared in the garage. “Guess they picked a bad job today”, he shrugged and smirked at Nathan, pushing his hands in his hips.

//written on phone, sorry

30078036_2350820361610229_5406686530796257280_n.jpg

Leonard McGrath

Ever since Ali asked Leo to take care of the day to day business at Sky Haven, Leo had managed to get the place back on track. It wasn't by much, but it was still showing a great amount of increase. It was small places he needed to adjust in really, like turning off all lights when they left to save on the electric or hiring staff members who had more than one beneficial skill. It was a small fix, but until he could find out other methods this would have to do. However, it was like he fixed one issue just to be faced with another. When he found out about the missing bottles of alcohol, he immediately told his sister. Now that she was an official gang member, he would leave that sort of stuff to her and he would deal with the numbers. He was walking around the corner when he saw Ali, Evelyn and Blake running out of the restaurant. 'Well, looks like she's handling it. One problem down another 50 to solve.' He took a deep sigh before taking a look over the restaurant.

He saw Conor and Ryan sitting at the bar and was about to join them when his eyes caught sight of a man heckling one of the employees. The aforementioned statement of fixing one problem and another arising presenting itself. Taking a deep breath, he walked over and patted the man's shoulder, dismissing him from the podium. He gave Mickie a smile as he shoved his hands in his pockets. To say Leo was a bit on edge by their appearance was an understatement, but knowing Conor and Ryan were still near put him at ease. "How can I help you gentlemen tonight?"

Mickie ( Enzyme Enzyme )

Peter Callahan
giphy.gif
Peter felt intimidated by his own wife in that long moment, as he waited for them to finally be alone. When Finn left, Sinead wasted no time stepping forward to observe him. He didn’t move, staying silent as she studied his face. Peter knew how bad this was, despite the struggles that they had been having recently, he would always try to keep his promises to his wife. She didn’t move forward to touch him, like he expected…most likely because of all the times he had rejected her. Hearing her take another deep breath, it was very clear that she was trying to control herself. ”Sinny,” Peter started with a low voice, ”I’m f-“ He was cut off by her sudden question. His eyes went wide for a moment as he just stared at her.

Cringing as she spoke about what he said about prison, he opened his mouth to speak over her only to clamp it shut. It was affecting him. The job had kicked his ass tonight, the stress, the fear of getting caught and sent back to prison had overwhelmed him. As much as he was trying to keep it together, like everything was okay…he was falling apart faster than he could blink. Things were suppose to be different…go back to the way it was before he was locked up. Peter was pulled away from his racing thoughts as Sinead then questioned why he was working again. His eyes narrowed at her as she ranted about not understanding. Peter ground his teeth, feeling his own frustrations from tonight building.

”Sinead, I really don’t want to talk about this right now.” He stated simply, ”I’m doing these jobs for you, for us, for our kids! How do you not understand that?” His voice raised slightly at her. ”For fucks sake! You will never understand me Sinead, because in your head, you think that I should sit back and let another man who has his own family provide for us!” Peter raised his hands to wipe at his bruised face in frustration. ”I shouldn’t have to explain this to you. I am doing this because I want to provide for your and the kids.”There was a long beat of silence after he said that, the only sound being their breathing and his teeth grinding together still. Clearing his throat, he looked into Sinead's eyes, his own still narrowed. “I realized in prison our family affiliation means nothing. It helped nothing." There was a sort of resentment to his tone as he spat the words out in a low voice. He then looked away from his wife’s eyes, looking to her clasped hands. ”…you can’t stop me from doing this Sinead."
Minnie Abernathy
bqWdWkq.jpg
Minnie wasn’t surprised when Gideon ignored her at first but her attention didn’t stray far from the man’s wound. The blood continued to pour down his face, and it almost put the woman in some sort of trance as she watched it fall in long lines, contouring his jaw before dripping towards the ground. She watched that for a while as Gideon’s words filled her own head. Adam was someone who had cared…which was something Minnie would never understand such…attachments. It was a burden to have so many people to please, why would anyone want so many greedy people to entertain for the rest of their lives? Minnie recalled that Adam dated a Porter girl…this caused her to look the young man up and down again. Poor thing didn’t have a good taste in women…

A small smirk formed on her face as she wondered if she could change that. He was too fragile in this state, she would surely break him if she caught him in her clutches now. This would be a slow going game, at least until Adam fully committed to their cause. Minnie was devising a plan in her head when Gideon stood up and finally acknowledged her previous concern. The brunette looked to him and nodded her head once before standing, she exited the room quickly without a second glance back.

Returning minutes later, she entered the room with one person from their medical staff. ”He has a deep laceration that needs to be treated quickly. He’s lost a lot of blood.” Minnie despite her hands twitching to get in on the medical action, stood back as the man got to work on Adam’s wounds. Minnie stayed close to observe it, watching closely as the man took the needle and poked it under the angry and lifted skin of the wound, pulling the thread through before doing the same on the other side.
with: Adam Pyroclast Pyroclast ; Gideon Enzyme Enzyme

Last edited:
Sinead Callahan

1546125776429-png.519709
Sinead and Peter rarely argued. In the past, their personalities meant their disagreements went by relatively calmly and seemed to resolve themselves in quick time. Their present exchanging of words seemed more serious and with something deep-rooted behind their words. Whilst part of her really wanted to back down and submit to Peter, to save him from further stress, another part wanted to continue. She needed answers and some kind of resolution from her husband, but nothing she had done so far had obtained any results. So, when Peter said he didn't want to talk about it in that moment, she quickly shook her head. "Well, I do! You've avoided my questions for long enough and I want to talk about this," she protested.

Peter told her he was doing the jobs for her and the children, to which she snapped her mouth shut. However, his raised voice and the profanity that followed took her by surprise, causing her mouth to gape open as he continued to fire back his answer at her. His suggestion that James was providing for them caused her to look away, her eyes focusing away from her husband only to be met with a photograph of her father. Her bottom lip trembled slightly, but she recovered before any upset could rear its head and she instead looked back to Peter's face. It hurt to know Peter felt that way, like he wasn't providing for their little family. He finished up by telling her she couldn't stop him from working for James. She'd lost too many people to her family's business and one of her biggest fears was losing Peter too. She didn't want to imagine having to tell their children he was back in prison or dead, but she felt like she would never have any choice in that matter. It reminded her of growing up and spending many nights worrying her father wouldn't make it home. No matter how much people reassured her, she couldn't shake those worries about Peter either.

Sinead raised her hands, grabbing the side of her head in agitation. "I thought we were happy, Peter!" she said, her own voice now raised. Her arms lowered until then were loosely folded around her ever-shrinking waist. "We can provide for ourselves. We have the jazz club - that brings money in - but you walked away from it... Maybe we can make a safe and honest living..." She unfolded her arms, absent-mindedly pointing her finger in the approximate direction of their own house across from the one they were standing in. "I thought you were happy here. Our home. Our children. You have a family that loves you. What else can I do to make you happy?" she asked. Despite holding her emotions together, she was unable to stop the tears from streaming down her eyes. "What can I do?!" she raised her voice another notch, reflecting her deep frustration.

Bellz Bellz (Peter)

Blake Walsh
Griffin Fitzgerald
Savages+Blake+Gun.jpg
Blake followed closely behind the two women. She wasn't sure what to think about Evelyn's assurance but she stayed silent, her hand sliding towards her hand bag. Opening it quickly, she held the handgun inside as they got closer and closer to the storeroom door. A glass bottle could be heard smashing on the ground and Evelyn sprinted forward. Blake picked up the pace as well and entered the room with Ali. Seeing the glass shards and liquid oozing through the cracks of the tile, Blake stepped around it, now pulling out her gun completely from the bag.
"Shit shit shit!" Griff said as they rounded the corner off the ramp towards the direction of the store. Keeping a hold on Saoirse's arm, he continued to surge forward as fast as he could with her in tow. "Come on come on!" He shouted back towards his sister. He didn't look back, not wanting to slow down but he had hoped that they were in the clear. Suddenly, someone grabbed his sister's shoulder, causing them both to stumble back slightly. Another bottle slipped from Griff's grasp and smashed with a loud crash on the asphalt.
By now Blake and Ali had caught up with Evelyn. The blonde didn't hesitate to step past them both, holding out her handgun and aiming it towards the two siblings. "You either give it back to us, or we take it back." Blake said lowly, her index finger hovering over the trigger. Griff's eyes went wide as he looked to Saoirse. "This wasn't suppose to happen this way..." He said slowly, releasing his sister's arm to place the bottle of liquor on the ground at his feet. Slowly, he raised his hands up in a gesture of good nature, "We just wanted to get your attention....right sis?" Looking to Saoirse for a second, he then turned his attention back to the three ladies who looked as though they could kill them both. "We have been trying to reach out to the Porters' for a while, they weren't listening, so we decided that we would make them listen."
with: Aliana Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess ; Evelyn Pyroclast Pyroclast ; Saoirse Misty Gray Misty Gray

Peter Callahan
24a8409e6592cfcf28aba306a071ef03.jpg
Peter let out a sigh as Sinead raised her voice at him now, shouting that she thought they were happy. She brought up the Jazz club, that it brought money in but this made Peter shake his head firmly. "That is not enough to get by Sinead and you know it." He stated harshly but allowed for her to continue on. The fact that she was just chalking it up to him not being happy was beginning to anger him more than it should. He thought she understood that this was what he needed, he couldn't sit home all day or work at the Jazz club. Both of those things were not a strong enough distraction for himself.

Peter continued to grind his teeth as he covered his face with both of his hands now, letting out a loud groaning sound in frustration as Sinead's high pitch voice was starting to grate on his ears. "God damnit Sinead!!" He shouted now, slamming his hands down until they slapped his thighs, "I. DON'T. KNOW. WHAT. YOU. CAN. DO!!" His thoughts raced as he tried to gain some control over himself now, realizing that he could be putting his wife in a dangerous situation. Blowing out a deep breath, Peter reached and pinched the bridge of his nose before taking a few steps back. "None of this, none of this has to do you with what you can do for me Sinead! Surely you didn't expect for things to just go back to normal when I returned! This is what I am, this is who I am and if i want to provide for my family working for the business then I am allowed to do so!"

"We can't rely on our family connections forever Sinead! I want to be able to move off this property someday knowing that we have enough money to live comfortably and that I have the skills and knowledge to protect you when the Porter's can not. Don't you understand that! I don't want anything from you except to accept the fact that I'm not going to stop working no matter what you say!" The blonde man turned and strode across the room towards the liquor cabinet in the corner of the lounge. His hands trembled and his heart raced as he reached for a bottle of whiskey. Having to hold it with two hands to keep from dropping it, he shut the cabinet door with his shoulder before moving to sit down on the couch. "I don't want to talk about this anymore. I need a fucking drink and some time to think. That's what you can do for me."

Evan Shaw

1546208978068.pngWhen the vehicle had pulled up outside the Sky Haven, Evan had allowed a smirk to cross his lips as he peered out of the window to study the exterior of the restaurant. He knew which business they were entering and the Porters connections attached to it - it's what made him interested in attending with Mickie. Evan led the way into the restaurant, his face now neutral as the casually stepped foot into the eatery. The place wasn't run by the Porters, but by a young lad - Leo McGrath - and added the fact it attracted families made it even easier strut in there.

Evan stepped to one side of the podium, allowing Mickie to address the greeter whilst he took the time to discreetly scan the inside of the building. It didn't take long for his eyes to fall upon Conor and Ryan who were seated the one of the tables. Up until now, Evan had kept a relatively low profile and only a handful of Porters had set eyes upon him - three of them having been present at the restaurant the night Tommy was gunned down. None of those men were present in the Sky Haven, but Conor Sullivan was and that filled Evan with even more interest in the current situation. Though his affiliation with the IWU had been kept relatively quiet, he'd still done his homework and he'd had his eyes out, keenly learning the face of the key members of Porter's mob. Conor was one member he'd heard enough about but only now seen with his own eyes.

Evan's attention was drawn back in front as Leo addressed them and asked how he could help. The man folded his arms at his chest as he silently studied the lad standing before him. Too easy. Still, he remained silent, allowing Mickie to explain the purpose of their visit.

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Leo) Enzyme Enzyme (Mickie)
Mentions: Conor, Fletchawk Fletchawk (Ryan)

Sinead Callahan

1546125776429-png.519709
Sinead was caught slightly off-guard when Peter shouted at her. She gasped and took a step back from him, giving him the space he needed to blow off some steam. She covered her mouth with her hand as he continued on, firmly stating he didn't know what she could do. He then said that he didn't think she'd expected things to have gone back to normal when he returned. "Maybe I didn't expect things to be normal, but I expected you to be glad to see me. I thought you'd be happy to see me." Sinead turned her head away in a feeble effort to hide her upset. "It's like I may as well not even be here." She looked back to Peter. "I feel like you can't even look at me anymore."

It caught Sinead by surprise to hear that Peter wanted to move house someday. Had she really been under an illusion for so long and not seen that Peter wasn't happy with where they were? "You want to move?" she quietly asked. "Why do it someday? If you're so set on escaping my family and providing for our children, then let's move now. What are we waiting for?" she asked him.

Sinead watched on as Peter went to the drinks cabinet to pour himself some liquor. She continued to quietly watch him as she sat down on the couch and proceeded to tell her he didn't want to talk about it anymore. "Oh, sure. Because 'a fucking drink' is going to make everything better. Avoiding me for the last three weeks obviously hasn't been long enough." Sinead then marched to the drink's cabinet herself. She grabbed a glass tumbler and a bottle of brandy, mindlessly pouring the alcohol. She quickly knocked the drink back before covering her mouth to stop herself from retching at the awful taste of the drink as the burning sensation briefly brought her mind back to the night she was poisoned. Shaking that memory off, she remained facing the cabinet, her hand holding onto one of the shelves to help her keep standing despite the stress of everything making her feel light-headed. "I thought you would come home to me..." she spoke up over her quiet crying.

Bellz Bellz (Peter)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back