• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A Family Affair: The Irish Mob - IC (Ended)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Jackson McCarthy

7ba6dfe92dfc9d92a6768b2406b4b52d.jpg
Jackson felt Blake's fingertips brush against and tightly squeeze his hand. He acknowledged her action with a faint smile but returned his attention to the two men. After Jackson confirmed that they would head back immediately, the two men held a doleful expression and then walked off to their parked vehicle. Jackson stood still momentarily after they left as if his mind had been put in neutral. There was a strange feeling of uncertainty, and he almost couldn't bring himself to part from the carnival, which had emitted calmness and joy only a few moments prior. Jackson looked back to Blake once more, as if an unspoken agreement had been formed. Taking her hand lightly, he led her back to his Cresta.

The ride back from the Temple Bar Square had been subconsciously silent. The pressure to perform with James out of the loop was beginning to settle on his shoulders. They had spoken of the hierarchy in the past and who would take James' place, but it was always followed by banter and laughter. No one saw this day coming. Jackson nervously pressed his scarred knuckles against his lips as he drove. His blank eyes blankly scanned the road, apparently put on auto-pilot as the cogs in his head spun with ferocity.

The gloom from the morning still lingered over the Porter estate. It had now been shimmied off of grief of death to the uncertainty of the future. Jackson parked the car in his usual spot, the roaring engine settling to a low murmur. As his hand reached for the door handle, he hesitated. He sat back into his leather seat as if a rubber band had yanked him back.

He knew what had to be done, but the voice in the back of his head urged him to savor every moment before he was forced to step through those doors. His eyes fell to Blake, whom he could only thank for patiently sitting in his passenger seat as he drove in suspended silence. He shrugged lightly, shaking his head. "I don't know what to do," he shamefully admitted

Bellz Bellz (Blake)

Finn Sullivan
Finn smiling gif.gifFinn looked curiously to George as he placed his hand on his shoulder. His heart skipped a beat, wondering if they were going to kiss again when George spoke again, stating that he wasn’t as wise as Finn thought. This caused the man’s brows to knit together in confusion wondering what he meant when he went on to explain. Finn nodded his head slowly as George spoke about him working at the library, that it was his first we. The man looked away from him suddenly and Finn grew even more concerned, ”Georgie.” He murmured softly before George continued. He spoke of getting the job dishonestly. The story he told saddened Finn completely, but not for the reason’s George may have thought.

When he had finished speaking, there was silence that fell between them. Finn wasn’t sure what to think. He knew that it was wrong to lie about stuff like that, he himself would never lie to an employer. But things were different for George and he had to take that into consideration. Finding a job was hard enough but with a criminal record, he was sure the pickings were far and few. Finn moved to place his coffee cup down on the table before turning his body to face George. Reaching up, Finn grabbed George’s hand from his shoulder and reached out to grab the other one. Taking both of his hands in his own, he squeezed them reassuringly. ”You are honest now…with me. And that’s all that matters.” The Doctor smiled at him widely, hoping to cheer up the man before him. ”You’ve been through so much George, and even though it may have been your actions that caused some of your troubles..you’ve learned from them. I’m very proud to know you.”
with: George Misty Gray Misty Gray
Blake Walsh
Blake.jpg
When the two men walked off, Blake turned her attention to Jackson, who seemed all too quiet in that moment. Patiently, she waited for him and when he took her hand, she quietly walked with him, away from the light and happy air of the carnival towards the Cresta. A heaviness formed in her chest at the thought of what they would have to head back to now. The car ride had been silent, Jackson didn’t utter a word and Blake accepted that he had a lot on his mind. This was something that nobody thought would happen. She knew it had been discussed and Jackson had said that he was ready to step up if anything ever happened to James. But as she turned to look at him, his eyes staring ahead at the road, she could see the nervousness in the way he moved. Its like he wasn’t entirely there, his thoughts having consumed him from the moment he was told that James had been injured.

Blake eyes hadn’t left Jackson for most of the trip home, quietly observing him watching for any signs of her needing to jump in and help. The Porter’s home came into view and Blake knew that the night that Jackson and her were trying to enjoy was officially over. It was uncertain when they would get the chance to go out like that again, to spend time together alone. This was just something that Jackson had to do and Blake had silently vowed to herself that she would be behind him 100%.

The car came to a stop in its usual spot and Blake moved to open her door. She opened it and placed a foot to step out when she saw Jackson still sitting in his seat from the corner of her eye. Knowing something was wrong, she turned back inside and shut the door behind her, turning to face Jackson. His eyes turned to her for the first time the whole ride home and he shrugged his shoulders. His expression looked defeated and the words he spoke admitted that he didn’t know what to do. Blake frowned softly and reached her hand forward to cup Jackson’s face, ”You aren’t alone. This was unexpected, baby.” She reassured him, her eyes briefly looking towards the front door of the Porter’s home. ”There is a family, friends that need to be protected and a business that needs to be run. And you know what you are going to do? You, along with the help of others will take care of it. There is no doubt in my mind that you will take this in strides, like with everything you do."

with: Jackson Enzyme Enzyme

George Sanderson

tumblr_nis79y8p6a1qfont0o1_500-gif.530465
George nervously watched Finn, trying to gauge if the man was disappointed with him after hearing about how he'd lied to get the job. All he wanted to do what get a job and make an honest living for himself, so he believed a lie to get him on the right track was justified. Still, he acknowledged Finn was a good and honest man, one who compelled him to be truthful with and he felt brought the best out in himself. When it came down to it, he couldn't blame Finn if he didn't like the fact he'd lied to get a job, as it would only reaffirm how much of a decent man he was.

It turned out he didn't need to worry and when Finn took his hands, George couldn't help but smile at him. "You're one of the most understanding people I've ever met, Finn. I want you to know I will never lie to you. In fact, I really don't think I could lie to you," he assured him. He couldn't help but smile as Finn spoke of how proud he was that he'd learned from his past mistakes. "You're making me blush, Doctor Sullivan..." he trailed off. He gazed into the man's eyes as they continued to hold hands. He shuffled in closer before leaning in to the man and placing a brief, soft kiss on his lips. He moved his head back a little to assess if Finn was comfortable with the gesture. If it appeared he was, George would move in again to continue kissing the man he was falling even deeper for by the minute.

Bellz Bellz (Finn)

Chapter 17: Sailing Close to the Wind
Saturday 25th June 1960
...2 weeks later...
Early Evening (6pm) - Warm, Cloudy, Dry

1548802015398.png

Dublin City Hospital
James Porter

1548802027195.pngJames had spent the last two weeks in the same hospital room. For the first week, he'd spent a lot of the time sleeping or not fully aware of his surroundings, due to the side effects of painkillers and other drugs being fed into him. Over the last few days, the dosages had been reduced and so he had being more alert, which brought on its own problems where James' mind was concerned. He'd had a lot of time to think, as well as the grow irritable and bored of his surroundings. He was glad the be sitting upright and that the dressings had been removed from his face, but the cast on his arm and the bandages around his torso remained in place. The doctors weren't happy to let him leave and following a surgery to his ribs a two days ago, he remained relatively immobile and connected up to the IV.

With Lucy and Thomas at one side of his bed, the nurse stood at the other side checking James' temperature and changing the fluid bag on on the IV. Satisfied everything was okay, she nodded her head and briefly looked to Thomas to flash the by now familiar baby a soft smile. "Is that it? Can I go home now?" James asked the nurse. Though his tone seemed light, deep down he was desperate to get out of the hospital and back home.

"The answer is still no, Mr. Porter, and I advise against pestering the doctor again too," the raven-haired young woman firmly told him. "Do as you're told and you'll be well enough to go home much sooner." The same conversation had happened before and so the nurse didn't stick around to continue it again. "You look after these two boys now, Mrs. Porter," she called back to Lucy as she stepped out of the room and closed the door.

"It that machine really necessary? I'm clearly breathing," James grumbled to Lucy about the heart rate monitor, before turning to face her. With the swelling around his eye now mostly gone, he was able to clearly see his wife and son with both eyes. Despite his mood, a smile still showed on his mouth at seeing them both. "I've got one good arm - I'd like to hold Thomas," he said, asking for Lucy to assist him, rather than requesting permission. He hadn't spoken much at all over the last two weeks and this was the first time he'd expressed his need to hold his son. He knew the small baby's weight on his body might cause some discomfort to his ribs, but he wasn't going to let it stop him.

"I've had a lot of time to think," he began speaking to Lucy. "I wasn't ready, Luce. I let my guard down and I walked straight into that trap. I was unprepared to face Gideon and I put our family in danger..." James couldn't shift the thoughts and dreams he'd been having during his time in the hospital bed. "I was so set on not becoming Vinnie that I held back and put the business at risk." James looked Lucy in the eyes and hoped she would understand that everything he did would be for the good of his family. "I killed a lot of people back in Chicago," he quietly reminded her, lowering his voice both due to their location and as if to protect Thomas's ears from it. "And now is not the time for me to hold back, is it? Whatever has to be done to protect our family..." James had decided he and his conscience would need to become strangers again if he were to stand a good chance at destroying the IWU.

Bellz Bellz (Lucy, Thomas)

Fitz Grocery Store
Saoirse Fitzgerald

1548802046783.pngSaoirse stood at the cash register and finished helping the old lady to pack her bag before carefully placing the customer's change carefully in her hand. "You have a beautiful evening, Mrs. Chalmers," she brightly told the woman, unable to keep the infectious smile from her face. She could never help but be cheerful when serving her favourite customers. Still, despite all of the bad things that had been happening lately, there had been a slight spring in Saoirse's steps over the last couple of weeks. She'd left her meeting with Nathan feeling somewhat accomplished in knowing the Porters were listening to her and that security would be increased in their part of the city. Whilst she knew the jazz club and Sky Haven were very close by, so no doubt protected by default, she liked to think the grocery store was considered significant too. More accurately, a secret part of her liked to think Nathan considered the store important. Knowing the man was often nearby since being assigned to area the grocery store was located in also made her want to smile for other reasons, ones she was certainly too embarrassed to tell Griffin about.

With the queue at the cash register cleared, Saoirse approached her brother and playfully stuck a price sticker on the side of his face. "Ah, you're so cheap, Griff!" she teased him. "It's been so busy today, don't you think? But time has gone by so fast and I don't know about you, but I feel better now I know we're finally being listened to." She folded her arms and leaned against the nearby counter. "I know we haven't been able to see Mr. Porter, but I think Nathan genuinely cared about what I told him. We're going to be okay now, I'm sure. What do you think?" she curiously asked.

Bellz Bellz (Griffin)
Mention: @LateForDinner (Nathan)

Evan Shaw

1548802064075.pngEvan sat in the front passenger seat of the car as Carter drove them into the city. Seated in the back of the vehicle were Minnie and Adam. It had been quite an eventful few weeks for Evan and a successful one as far as getting at the Porters was concerned. Although the intention hadn't been for Leonard McGrath to be killed last month, Evan wasn't disturbed by it. They'd got away unharmed and the Porters had suffered another loss, which was always a good thing. Then there were the events at the Archers Pub, where Evan had the privilege of watching as Gideon and James finally had that "meeting" the Porters had been asking for. It all went as Evan expected and he wasn't at all surprised to watch as his giant, overpowering leader beat the crap out of James. Overall, Evan was confident that the IWU would continue to take power and expected it wouldn't be too long before they were calling the shots over the Porters. James been in hospital certainly gave him greater optimism, even if there were now more armed men out protecting the Porters' main businesses and areas.

With the car still moving, Evan briefly turn to look over his shoulder to Minnie and Adam, making sure the latter seemed alert. Turning back to face forward and to load his gun, he decided to speak up. "Don't forget, this place isn't run by Porters but they're still paying protection to them. You go in friendly and play it smart - they owe the Porters nothing. If they agree to ditch them and take our protection instead, it'll mean one less place we have to destroy and rebuild."

This would be a relatively straightforward job, so Evan was letting Minnie and Adam take the lead on it. Still, he would be joining them, mostly in case they needed back up, but also to make sure they didn't lose their cool. Whilst he wasn't so concerned with Minnie's crazy tendencies, he was unsure how Adam would be out of the field. As much as he trusted his leader's instincts, there was always a chance the kid could lose his nerve and become a liability, so Evan was prepared to step in before it could become a problem.

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Adam) Bellz Bellz (Minnie) Enzyme Enzyme (Carter)

The Oak Tree Restaurant
Sinead Callahan

1548802088087.pngThe last couple of weeks for Sinead had been the best she'd personally experienced in quite some time. Ever since Peter came back to her two weeks ago, she'd felt a deep warmth and great happiness within herself, not to the mention the pain in her chest and her anxiety had noticeably reduced. With her husband back in her arms, she stopped feeling like a piece of her heart was missing. The children had also noticed the changes in their parents and two youngest had been back to their usual energetic selves. A few days ago, the family of five had gone out for dinner and bowling to celebrate Savannah's 11th birthday. The fact her eldest daughter was growing up so fast frightened Sinead a little, especially as the girl seemed more interested in spending more time with Matteo rather than with her younger siblings.

The previous evening, Sinead had performed at the jazz club for the first time in a while, using it as a warm-up for her upcoming gig she'd secured for herself at a large venue in town. She'd been happy to see Peter in the audience though she suspected he was also present in a work capacity, seeing as security had been tightened since the IWU's attacks. Although she was still on a high from singing last night, Sinead still worried about Lucy and James. She'd paid a visit to the hospital that morning and though James appeared to be recovering, she still worried about him, not to mention the family business as a whole.

With Shannon offering to look after the kids, Sinead had talked Peter into spending the rest of the day together. In the afternoon, they'd been to see 'My Fair Lady' at the theatre. Presently, they were both in the Oak Tree Restaurant having just finished eating their main course. It felt good to be dressed up and spending time with her husband, so she could hardly keep the smile from her face and certainly couldn't get the songs from the musical out of her head. "I could have danced all night..." she sweetly sang to Peter. She then went quiet as she thought about Savannah and the girl's aspirations. "Savvy wants so much to going into musical theatre. I really hope the school we decide on for her encourages the arts," she seriously told him.

Deciding to leave those kinds of conversation for at home, she leaned forward, resting her arms on the table as she studied Peter's face for a time. "So, it was my idea to go to the theatre today. Have you decided what you want to do once we're finished here?" she asked. She lifted her hand to trace the rim of the wine glass with her slender index finger. "I really don't mind. I feel like I've got so much energy left and the night is so young - far too early to go back home. We should do something crazy and fun!" she playfully suggested.

Bellz Bellz (Peter)

Saturday 25th June 1960
...2 Weeks Later...

69D249A1-C5E1-4C83-B69E-96B2B54178B5.png822EAB43-AC06-463A-8D4C-7C3E32226B6C.jpeg7A61FE70-FB1A-4568-B9A5-47C21905C6F5.jpeg
******************************​

Jackson McCarthy

Jackson stepped out from the confined gates, the hundreds of prisoners pressing against his back, eager to step out onto the courtyard. The guards stood above them, pacing on top of the cement walls with rifles slung in their arms. The cluster of races immediately segregated themselves among the yard. The Chicanos and Blacks from the upper ends of London had occupied the handball courts, marked by molten asphalt. The group of whites with tattoos of swastikas on their bare skulls or arms, far before the fabrication of the Aryan Brotherhood, took over the pit of weights, shaping their body into formidable forces.

Jackson moved for the welding shop beside the yard. Shirtless men in prison fatigues, drenched in sweat, worked steel under the watchful eyes of the guards above. His eyes fixed on a particular Chicano, carving a steel peg with a grinding wheel. He had first seen the Chicano in the corner of the yard a few weeks back, who lustfully stared at him. Jackson would glance away awkwardly, hoping the man would let up. Adverting his eyes, however, only appeared as a weakness. Soon, the Chicano would wait outside the showers for him, offering him coffee and cigarettes. Jackson would decline and then give the man a death stare. The Chicano would only return his glare with one of equal hatred. Jackson had dealt with men wanting to beat him up in the past, it was nothing new to him, but the thought of someone wanting to rape him made his blood boil. The fact that the Chicano was looking at him as if he were a woman infuriated him.

Saighdiúir matched Jackson's pace as he stepped closer to the welding shop. Behind the two were Irish thugs, who had agreed to watch Jackson's back. Saighdiúir, a man who had been in prison for over a decade, had told him that getting beaten up on the streets was different than in prison. If you get beat up on the streets, you go home. There is no 'going home' in prison. You stand with your enemies, sit with your enemies, eat with your enemies; the only thing keeping them from killing you is respect. Only being caged for a few short months, Jackson had nothing. If he didn't act against the Chicano now, he would never survive his sentence in the high-security prison.

Saighdiúir reassured him and stepped back once Jackson entered the shop. As his thongs pressed against the tile floor of the room, his senses slipped away. The beating sun above them seared his skin, the voices around him turning to incoherent mumbles. Soon, the whistles from the guards and shouting of prisoners had become overpowering. Before he knew it, he was standing beside the Chicano as the man grizzled away at the steel.

His sudden presence caused the Chicano to drop the steel. As the man bent down to pick it up, Jackson pulled a cut pipe from the trashcan between them, bringing it down on the back of the man's skull. The blow caused the man to fall back, and as he turned his face, he was met with the grinding wheel. The sharp edge cut through his welding goggles and into his eye socket. Pieces of eye and flesh coated the sides of the blade, and the man threw his hands up to cover his face. Jackson continued to beat down on the man with the pipe until he sprawled onto the floor. He had tapped into repressed rage - built up anger he didn't even know he had. Jackson beat the man for his parents abandoning him, for the murder of his father figure, and for the merciless rape of his girlfriend.

He dropped the bloody pipe on the floor and moved for his sock, brandishing the toothbrush that had been melted into a shank. He stuck the blade into the man's side, feeling the point slide between his ribs. His loud grunts were overpowered by the stomping sounds of the guards' boots. The prisoners had gathered around to watch the brawl but were pushed aside by the men in riot armor. The first man to enter wrapped his arms around Jackson's waist and tackled him to the ground. Jackson's hands instinctively moved to protect his head as the guards proceeded to stomp him and beat him with their batons.

Through the cluster of hands and batons, he could see Saighdiúir, nodding in approval. The Chicano laid in a pool of blood, his finger twitching. At the moment, Jackson wasn't concerned if he had killed the man or not. He didn't care if the guards were going to throw him in a dark, isolated cell for his actions. He was going to serve his time in a whole new light, with the respect he had earned.

A6225547-2CEB-4192-9144-0F6FD7E088C9.jpeg
Jackson tipped the pristine glass against his lips, letting the warm liquid run down his throat. Rocking back in the cushioned chair, he looked at the men from behind the desk. The soft, underpowered lights of the office overcast a shadow on everyone's faces, making their facial expressions even more menacing. The string from the burning cigar in the ashtray trailed up and dispersed on the ceiling, causing the air in the room to be stitched with smoke.​

He rubbed his ringed knuckles against each other, mimicking the cogs turning in his head. "James is recovering well, but he's not getting out of that bed anytime soon," Jackson said, addressing the elephant in the room. He nodded lightly, looking to the three men in the room. "As you lot know, we've beefed up protection at our stores and we haven't had any issues so far." He sighed heavily, sitting up in his chair. He could understand why James was always so stressed. He had only taken James' spot for two weeks, and he could already feel his hair going grey.

Jackson rubbed his bottom lip with his thumb, before opening his hand. "It's the IWU we need to focus on," he said, looking around to catch any reactions. "Now, James put me in charge, but it's up to all of us to keep this afloat." Every man in the room was essential to the operation. While an outsiders perspective may conclude that James was the sole leader of the Porters, his many hands were the reason the mob had been so successful for over ten years. "If any of you have any suggestions on hitting the IWU, I'm all ears."

Misty Gray Misty Gray (Conor) Shireling Shireling (Rudy) Fletchawk Fletchawk (Ryan)

Last edited:
Saturday 25th June 1960
...2 weeks later...

Collage_Fotor.jpg

Finn Sullivan
Mayfair Bar
Suit .jpgAnother two weeks had came and went in a flash and Finn had been the happiest he had ever been. George was the shining star in his dark night, guiding him through the cold and the darkness to the person he was meant to be. The two had spent a lot more time together over the last few weeks. Finn would pick him up from work and then they would spend time in the safety of George’s home, able to show affection as much as they wished. Despite the first night where Finn bravely dared to make the first move, things were taken slow between them. Finn loved the affection that George would give him and he loved showing it in return, but there was still some things standing in his way, anxieties that kept him from doing what he really wanted to do.

Tonight, he was taking George to one of the classiest places in town. The Mayfair Bar was different compared to its competitors, like All that Jazz. The live music played at the establishment was only that of a piano, softly playing in the background while majority of the guest inside enjoyed the dimly lit and calm atmosphere. Finn had set to pick George up around 5:45 as the drive would take them a little bit to get there. The man had dressed up a little nicer than he would have on other nights, really wanting to impress his date. He left the Porter’s house around 5:20ish to so that he would be able to make it on time to George’s place.

Although he had been practically giddy the past few weeks, he couldn’t ignore the gloom that fell over the Porter’s home. The funeral had only been a few weeks ago, along with James being injured…there was an uncertainty in the air that had everybody nervous. Finn tried to keep the place as upbeat as he could, not wanting to see his family so miserable. It reminded him too much of Chicago and that was one place he would never ever return to.

After arriving at George’s place and leading him to the car, he rounded the vehicle quickly to beat the man to his passenger door. ”It wouldn’t sit right with me if I didn’t open it for you.” He murmured sheepishly, a smile growing on his face as he opened the car door for him. Once George was inside, Finn shut it behind him before practically skipping over to his side. The ride over had been a little longer than Finn would have liked, running into some unusual traffic due to construction half way there. But they made it with only a few minutes left till 6, Finn hated being late to things.

Once inside the bar, Finn took a look around and pointed to a table in the far back corner, more private and away from most guest, he figured it would be a perfect location for them to talk freely about things. ”I like that spot.” Finn said before nodding his head in the direction of the table. The urge to hold George’s hand was strong and it had felt wrong not to kiss him before walking into the establishment but he knew that the public would not approve. Finn also resisted the urge to pull out the gentleman’s chair for him, having to sit down in his own chair rather harshly, he looked to George with a disappointed expression. ”I wanted to pull out the chair for you…but…” He looked around nervously, the piano music only soothing him slightly.

A cocktail waitress immediately made a beeline for the table. ”Good evening Gentlemen, what can I get for you?” She asked, her voice slow and sweet as she eyed the two men with what looked to be longing in her eyes. Finn tried not to smirk, knowing that the poor girl was really wasting her time. ”I’ll take a scotch.” Finn murmured to the woman, who nodded her head before turning to George, a slow smile creeping on her lips as she placed her hand behind his chair. ”And for you?” She purred, her back arching slightly as she tried to show off her chest which was barely being contained in that itty bitty thing she called a dress. This place was suppose to be classy…right? Finn had to cover his mouth and look away as he tried not to break into a fit of laughter.
Blake Walsh
Sandy Cove
Blake Beach 2.jpgThe confidence in Jackson that Blake had proved to be spot on as her lover took the situation and controlled it beautifully. There had been no other incidents over the last couple of weeks and Blake knew it was due to the upped security that had been ordered. The blonde had been careful with Jackson. She encouraged him to work had and focus on what needed to happen but she also tried to encourage rest and some time to himself. That night that when he told her he didn’t know what to do, she knew that he needed her by his side. This was all becoming too much, not just for him but for everyone involved.

Despite for her push to make sure Jackson was balanced out, she also need some time to herself. Another person she felt needed some time as well was Aliana. Blake had felt so horrible for the woman, having lost Tommy and Leo in such a small amount of time. They had grown close and the woman wanted to make sure that Ali was okay. Blake had only decided the day before that she wanted to get out of the house for a while. That night, she was quick to invite Ali along, decided for a beach day with just the two of them.

They woke up early the next morning and didn’t waste anytime heading over to Sandy Cove in South Dublin, a small and private cove that had lots of sun and sandy beaches. The water during the Summer was nice and warm and the beach was quite popular among the locals, so it was a better idea to get there fast. They arrived a little less than an hour later. The sun was already blazing high in the sky and the girls too that opportunity to get some sun in.

Blake had brought a book for herself to read along with a large blanket to lay out on. She also brought a picnic basket packed with some snacks for lunch. The two women enjoyed what the day had to bring, spending sometime with themselves before finally deciding to go in the water to take a dip, which is where they stated until the sun finally began to set. ”We should probably get out of the water, its starting to get a little chilly!” Blake said to Ali as she waded through the water towards the shoreline. Wrapping her arms around herself, she shivered lightly. Walking through the water, kicking up some towards her face, she let out a loud curse before running the rest of the way onto the shore. The woman practically dove for her towel as she quickly dried off.

Not waiting for Ali, she begun to pick up all their stuff that they had brought with them, packing it away into the bags.”That as an amazing day, Al! Thanks for coming with me!” She said as she placed her wet towel back into her own bag. ”Do you want to get dinner before we head back? I saw this Diner at the start of that little pier over there. I’m really craving some fries.”
with: Aliana Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

Last edited:
Saturday 25th June 1960
...2 weeks later...

1548782883581.png

Little Sicily

1548778048011.png Evelyn McKenna

Over the past few weeks, Evelyn had thought she sensed a growing chemistry between her and Kennedy Sullivan. He was a hard man to read, seemingly closed off from his emotions, business-oriented, and always serious. But he intrigued her with his aura of mystery, and so she would often find herself wondering about him, sometimes accompanied by the memory of the intimate physical contact they had briefly shared the night that Leo was killed. Perhaps she was becoming a little obsessed, but she could only do her best to not let him consume her thoughts. After all, she had business to upkeep too.

When she casually suggested that they get dinner together, she didn't pose it as a date, but more of a friendly meeting. After all, he was not the most open of men, and she didn't have much of an idea how he was feeling towards her in return. Still, Evelyn wasn't expecting him to agree, so it took her by slight surprise and instilled some hope in her that she might have made some kind of impression on him; she made sure to make herself look that little bit extra nice that evening in case he would notice. She arrived purposefully late by about 10 minutes, so as not to look too eager, and was pleased to find him already seated.

"Mr. Sullivan," she said to him, smiling sweetly. "I hope I haven't kept you waiting long. I adore this place." A waiter came by to take their drinks order almost immediately, as though he too had been waiting for her arrival. Evelyn ordered a large glass of Rioja, fully ready to enjoy the weekend after a long week at the warehouse. "You deserve this, after all that's happened. I imagine it's been a hard time for the family recently...are ye managing to keep yourself busy? Your job as an advisor must be pretty heavy right now, what with Mr. Porter still in hospital and all."

@mpower Kennedy Sullivan

Dublin Bay

1548778248273.png Syd Porter

Ever since James was hospitalised, the house had been thrown into uncertainty. Roles within the mob were rearranged and all Porter-owned establishments saw a significant increase in protection, particularly the more high profile ones, but even with everyone working hard it still felt insecure to not have the boss there alongside them. Syd had stepped up to do everything that was asked of him, making as much effort to keep things running smoothly as he was able to, as well as keeping up with all business decisions. Gideon's threats had been weighing on him heavily, but he was determined to keep the promise he had made to his father that they wouldn't let the IWU take control of the city. That determination, along with spending more time with Lucy and paying daily visits to his father, had kept Syd occupied enough that he was able to stave off the hauntingly graphic memory of witnessing his father be almost beaten to death until nightfall. Needless to say, it hadn't been easy to put it out of his mind.

Even though he had only been going out on jobs for less than a year, Syd knew that their business associates were coming to know him a little more by now. In business terms, that was a good thing, but ever since Gideon and his goons had demonstrated their intentions to take the Porters down, Syd always felt like he was being watched. He had been in too many ambushes now to not expect another at any given moment - now, whenever he was out in public, he was always watching his back. After a long, trying couple of weeks, however, he decided to take some time off to be with Skye. Wishing to avoid enclosed spaces in case they were lured into another trap, he drove the two of them, along with their bodyguard, Danny, up to Dublin Bay to watch the boats come in under the setting sun.

After parking up as close to the harbour as he could get, Syd offered Skye his hand and smiled to her. With her soft, delicate fingers entwined with his, it was much easier to set his paranoia aside. Yet he couldn't help but glance around, eyeing up anyone remotely nearby to see if they looked suspicious.

"I'm glad we found the time to get away for a minute," he said to her. "It's been kinda non-stop lately. I'm lucky to have time to spend with you at all, I'm just sorry there can't be more." He raised her hand to kiss it, before turning his head towards the harbour. Noticing that the long stretch of concrete leading up to the lighthouse was fairly empty, he relaxed a little more and turned back to her. "Fancy a walk? We'll get a great view of the sunset from there."

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray Skye

Rudy Meyers
Rudy Meyers.jpgRudy had spent the last two weeks primarily nursing his pride and his guilt. When he wasn't running enforcer work, he was guarding his boss's hospital room. He had tried several times to get James moved back home and hire a private physician, but he was simply too weak to be moved at this stage. When Jackson called a meeting, a "war council" was what Rudy would have called it, he had jumped at the opportunity to leave his apartment for the security of the Porter mansion, even if he refused to stay there full-time as he projected his "I am afraid of no one" gangster shtick.

Rudy stood against the wall by the door, his usual double-breasted coat buttoned as tightly as it would go. A cigarette drooped at the end of his lip, and his wide-brimmed hat rested tilted forward on the top of his head. As Jackson spoke, he took in everything he said, parsed it, then nodded. He took a drag from his cigarette and blew a plume of smoke from his nostrils.

"Well," Rudy began, "we've been on the defensive for a couple of weeks now. That means the union thugs have all the momentum and we've been backpedaling. I can tell the Gardai don't know what to make of the situation, we have that going for us for now. We go making a mess of the place and the law will become less kind to us. Anyways, we've tried hitting their headquarters. IWU is like a hydra, every time you cut off the head seems like two more grow back. We've hit their weapons supplies, they always seem to find more. What we need to know is, where does their money come from? I have a hard time believing that the working stiffs that make up the legitimate side of the Irish Worker's Union can bankroll Gideon and his thugs rolling around with submachine guns. They could be fleecing the pension fund, sure, but even that doesn't seem like enough to me."

At this point, Rudy took the cigarette between his right index and middle finger, jabbing the air for emphasis. "We need to know what all of their cash flows are. Basically, we need better intelligence before we can know what to hit. More importantly, we need to know where they keep their greenbacks. If they have it in offshore shell companies, we need to know which banks they went through. If they have it here in Dublin in cash? We should seriously consider...relieving them of it."

Rudy settled back against the wall to see how the others would respond.

Misty Gray Misty Gray Fletchawk Fletchawk Enzyme Enzyme

Lucy Porter
Gwen Sheehan
Lucy up close.png
It felt like Lucy hadn’t slept weeks. With Thomas keeping her up most nights and with James being in the hospital, she really hadn’t rested as much as she probably should have been. But that wasn’t important to her. She’d been by her husbands side every single day, even when he wasn’t aware of it. Some days Thomas would join her and others, she’d asked her mother or Sinead to look after him. Spending time with James at the hospital, she could see that he was growing more and more irritable with each passing day, she sympathized with him, knowing that it must be hard sitting around and not doing anything. He looked a lot better, this week, and Lucy was more than relieved that he was going to be okay.

Lucy rocked Thomas back and forth in her arms, the little babe staring up at her with wide eyes blue eyes. The blonde looked to the nurse as she fiddled around with things before she shot Thomas a smile. They had gotten quite familiar with one another in the past few weeks and Lucy was more than willing to show off her little man. Turning to James as he asked the nurse if he could go home now, the woman shook her head slowly and frowned. His tone was light but she knew how much he wanted to go home. The nurse still didn’t budge however and advised James to do as he was told. The nurse didn’t stay too long, telling Lucy to look after the two boys to which the blonde nodded her head firmly. With that, she hurried out and shut the door behind her.

Lucy’s head turned back towards James as he asked if the heart monitor was really necessary. ”It helps reassure me that you are still breathing.” She murmured lightly. James smiled at the two of them before stating that he wanted to hold Thomas. This brought a wide smile to Lucy’s face and even though she knew he had to be careful, she stood and gently placed Thomas in his father’s good arm. The baby only squirmed a moment, taking a heavy breath before settling into his arm. Lucy grabbed her chair and moved it closer to her husband’s bed side before taking a seat again.

The smile on her face slowly faded as James admitted that he had a lot of time to think. Lucy knew how caught up he could get if left to think for too long. She sat very still as she listed to her husband speak honestly about what he was thinking. When he looked into her eyes, she looked back at him, reflecting a understanding in her eyes. At the reminder of his past, how many people he killed back in Chicago all she could do was nod. ”Normally…I would hope for a way around killing…but these people have gone far enough, James.” Lucy murmured, giving a bit of what she had been thinking about during her long nights awake with Thomas, sitting alone in their room, not having James next to her. ”You are nothing like Vinnie…you will never be anything like that man. Please don’t ever think that.” All the people they had lost already, all the people that had been hurt by the IWU’s hands..it was time to give them what they deserved.

standing gwen .png
Before Lucy could go any further, there was a knock on the door before the door opened just enough for one of the guards to poke their head through. ”There is a visitor at the door, Mrs. Porter. Says they know the family.” The heaviness in the air hung still but Lucy slowly rose out of her seat to see who it was. Walking towards the door, the guard opened it wider for her to see a familiar redhead holding a bouquet of flowers. ”Sorry to bother you, Mrs. Porter…but I had heard what happened and wanted to bring these?” Gwen smiled sweetly at the woman who was surprised to see the girl there.

”Its lovely to see you Gwen, you're not a bother at all. I think a visitor is just what James needs right now.” The blonde said honestly before moving to open the door wider for Gwen to enter. ”Please, come in.” Lucy said and Gwen nodded her head before walking through the hospital room door. When both Lucy and Gwen were in the room, the guards shut the door behind them, returning to their usual post. ”Look who it is, you remember Gwen right?” Lucy asked James, her eyes briefly looking to Thomas who was already beginning to fall asleep once more in James’ arm. Gwen stood in the center of the room a bit awkwardly now, she had been talking herself up to doing this for a week now. After hearing what had happened to James, she knew that it was now or never for her to reveal herself. Taking in his appearance, she tried not to grimace as she thought about the pain he must have been in. ”I uh, got you these?” Gwen murmured and Lucy held out her hands to take the flowers from her, to which the redhead handed them over. ”I hope you are doing better than before, James.” Gwen said sincerely, before shifting from one foot to the next. Taking a deep breath, she knew she needed to just come right out and say what she had to. ”There is actually a reason I’m here…”
with: James Misty Gray Misty Gray
Griffin Fitzgerald
Minnie Abernathy
Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 9.41.56 AM.png
Griffin lifted a box of canned veggies up onto a small table beside him and grabbed his box cutter from his back pocket. Hearing another transaction being made was always music to his ears, it let him know that him and his sister were going to be okay in terms of living. ”Bye Mrs. Chalmers!” Griff said cheerfully to the woman as she headed out the shop door, the bell above it sounding off as another customer left the building. Returning to his work with the box of canned goods, Griff brought the box cutter blade down and opened the box quickly. Pulling out two cans at a time, he began to place them up on the shelves, organizing them by rotating the labels to the front before pricing them. Not much happened for Griff over the last few weeks but he had noticed a different in his sister. After that talk that she had with one of the Porter’s men, she had been much happier. Griff, of course, was happy as well, but he couldn’t help but notice just how much his sister was smiling.

Griff had been so focused on his thoughts that he hadn’t seen Saoirse approach him. He gasped as the woman stuck a sticker on the side of his face before turning to her with a lopsided grin, ”Ha ha ha.” Griff said lightly, not making any move to remove the sticker as he continued to stack the cans and priced them. He nodded his head along as his sister pointed out that it had been busy today. ”It does feel really good.” Griff murmured, turning to his sister, taking a break from stacking cans to look at her for a moment as she spoke about this Nathan character. ”Well, I think we are going to be okay…but I don’t think it would hurt to still try and speak with Mr. Porter whenever he has the time for us…I just want you to be safe.” Griffin admitted honestly.

RING! The bell above the door rang loudly, letting both Saoirse and Griff know that another customer had arrived. But as Griff turned towards the door, he saw a face he recognized. Immediately, he grabbed his sisters arm and pushed her behind him. His eyes watching as the two men and one woman got closer to them, walking somewhat casually.
Minnie.jpg
Minnie eyed the place hungrily as her thoughts raced. All she wanted to do was cause some trouble but she had been specifically told by Gideon not to try anything funny. Looking around the shop, she couldn’t help but notice how pitiful this place was. Definitely not somewhere she would shop but to each their own, she guessed. Scanning the area, she saw something that caught her eye. A shiny red apple sitting on top of the apple display, looking so deliciously crisp. Before anyone could stop her, Minnie skipped over and plucked the apple off the display before watching it in her hand, her perfectly manicured fingers squeezing it tightly in her grasp.

”What do you want?” Griffin growled out lowly, his eyes specifically looking at Evan as he sized the man up. Looking back at his sister, he hoped that she was okay. ”What? Can’t two gentlemen and a lady come in for some shopping? You have a fine selection of apples…” Minnie said, a somewhat crazed smile forming on her lips as she fought her inner instincts. Her eyes watched Griffin like she was her next meal, ”We are just here on friendly terms…wanting to offer you an opportunity of a lifetime..if you will.” Taking a few steps forward, she continued to hold out the apple in front of her as she observed the store around her. Thinking back to Evan’s words about destroying and rebuilding, this was one place that probably needed just that.
with: Saoirse, Evan Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Adam Pyroclast Pyroclast

Peter Callahan
Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 9.49.06 AM.png
Peter was starting to feel more alive than he had felt in months. Things between Sinead and himself had been great one the last two weeks and things were starting to finally mellow out for the man again. Spending time with his wife had been doing more for his anxiety and stress than any medication could do, so he tried his very best to be open with her and not shut her out again, though it was very hard to do so. Their little family was becoming normal again and Peter was just so thankful for what he had. Of course, there was still the lingering presence of Matteo, who Peter had yet to even speak to. Savannah had met the lad and seemed to be more interested in him than her younger siblings, this irked Peter, if he was being completely honest. The reminder of Angel in their lives threatened to ruin what they already had going for them, what they were piecing back together. Peter hadn’t really spoken about it with Sinead or anyone else for that matter…not wanting to add to the troubles that were already hurting the family.

The man was happy to continue being on the job, he along with other men had been helping in upping the security in the Porter territories upon strict orders from the higher ups. He’d been back to the jazz club for the first time last night, watching Sinead whilst also keeping a close eye on her and everyone else in the club. It never hurt to have a few extra guys keeping an eye out. Watching his wife perform on stage was like watching her sing to him for the first time all over again. The man was captured by the powerful voice that came from such a small woman, she had a presence that couldn’t be denied, no one could look away from her. The pair had spent all night rolling around in bed after that one, and the next day Sinead had talked about spending the rest of the day together, which Peter had agreed to almost immediately.

It was nice to get out of the house for a while with his wife but Peter couldn’t ignore the small feeling of anxiety burning deep within his chest. Picking up his glass of water, he placed it to his lips and took a small sip, hoping to cool the burn he felt. His attention was captured by Sinead, who sang to him, reminding him of the show they saw tonight. Peter smiled gently before taking his wife’s hand. Noticing she had suddenly gone quiet, he wondered what she was thinking. Deciding to wait until she spoke again, he sat patiently. When she did speak, Peter placed all his attention on her, nodding his head at her words. ”I’m sure it will, love. The arts are an important aid in learning, especially music.” He reassured her before she leaned forward.

Peter smiled lightly and raised an eyebrow as she studied his face. When asked if he had decided on what he wanted to do, the man didn’t respond at first. He’d been thinking about it all night, wanting to do something exciting with Sinead, wanting to repay her for all the love she has given him. When she suggested they do something crazy and fun, a smirk slowly formed on his lips. ”Something crazy and fun? Hmmmm..” He already had an idea ”Maybe we go bowling? Just the two of us this time? I had to lose because I wanted Savvy to win, but this time I think I have a fair chance of winning.” He chuckled with a wink.

***​

Once dinner was paid for, Peter and Sinead headed over to the bowling alley they had taken Savannah to for her 11th birthday. Peter was briefly reminded that his children were starting to get older, and he wasn’t really sure how to feel about that. After paying for shoes, and getting a lane, Peter lead Sinead down to sit so that he could help her get her shoes on. Picking up her bowling shoe, Peter chuckled and held it up in front of his face. ”Look how tiny these feet are!” He said before helping her slip into the shoe.
With: Sinead Misty Gray Misty Gray

George Sanderson

1548879045637.pngThe last two weeks had been perfect for George. For the first time he could ever remember, if even at all, he felt completely content with the life he was living. He had a job that he was enjoying and proving beyond capable of to his employers. More than that, he had Finn in his life. The man made him truly happy and unlike any relationship before, his feelings were all genuine. Knowing this was all very new to Finn, George was willing to take things as slowly as needed for the other man to grow comfortable with their relationship. He was a patient man and the last thing he wanted to do was scare the doctor away.

When Finn invited him to the classy Mayfair Bar, George didn't hesitate to agree to spending the evening with him. Despite rushing to agree and being excited by the prospect of having a night out with the object of his affections, he'd spent the morning desperately shopping for something fancy to wear. It took some searching, but he eventually found an affordable suit in a second hand store. The clothing was in excellent condition and so he couldn't help but feel pleased with himself for finding it.

Finn was being a real gentleman once they'd got together. He'd driven them to the bar and even opened his car door for him to get into the vehicle. He couldn't help the smile that was plastered over his face the entire journey. When they eventually stepped into the bar, his excitement remained etched on his face. The place looked amazing and the piano playing in the background added to the atmosphere. He was glad he found that suit!

"That spot looks good to me," he agreed with Finn. It was unspoken but as clear as day that they had to be careful when out in public. Both of them were aware of how people were likely to judge them if they knew they were together. When they sat down, George looked to Finn and noticed the man's disappointed expression, before he explained he wanted to pull the chair out for him. "Well, it's the thought that counts. Thank you, Finn," he reassured him, flashing a cheesy grin. "You look good every night, but you've somehow managed to look even more handsome tonight. You look good in a suit," he complimented him.

The flirting soon came to a stop when the waitress approached their table to take their drinks order. George sat quietly as he let Finn vocalise his choice first. As he did, he couldn't help but notice how friendly the woman was, though he was sure it was part of her job description to be that way. She soon turned her attention to George and asked for his order. He was aware of her placing her on on the back of his chair and when he looked up to reply to her, he really couldn't her but catch a glimpse - or an eyeful - of her chest. He acknowledged the little dress she was wearing and though it for sure suited her figure, he couldn't help but wonder if she was uncomfortable rushing around like that all night. He certainly hoped she wouldn't get unwanted attention for it from any lechers. "I'll have a gin, please," he politely requested, making eye-contact and sending the woman a polite smile. George then looked back to Finn and noticed how he seemed to be suppressing amusement.

As soon as the waitress had left, George leaned forward and curiously raised his eyebrows to the other man. "What's got you all amused?" he suspiciously asked. He saw the waitress looking back to them out of the corner of his eye before snapping his attention back to Finn. "Wait. Do you think she was...?" he asked. He then covered his mouth with slight embarrassment. "Damn, I was looking at her dress and thinking how uncomfortable she must feel walking around like that all night. I hope she didn't think I was... Oh dear," he said, snickering at the situation.

Bellz Bellz (Finn)

Skye McKendrick

1548884692812.pngSkye had been concerned about Syd over the last couple of weeks. She was shocked when she heard what had happened to James and had to admit it left her feeling worried about how his hospitalisation would affect the family. The IWU had been chipping away at the Porters ever since Ciara had been in charge and it seemed like things were gradually getting more severe. When Syd had been visiting James, Skye knew he had enough family with him for support and so she didn't want to crowd the Boss. She just made sure she was there for Syd during the times he was actually at home. It still didn't stop her from feeling bad for not making an active effort to get to the hospital, but the place just made her uncomfortable. When her mother was sick and slowly dying, Skye grew to associate hospitals with only pain and sadness. She was afraid if she stepped into the hospital with Syd, it would bring back upsetting memories and she wanted to be strong for him in his time of need.

When Syd decided to take some time off and drive them both to Dublin Bay, Skye jumped at the idea of spending some time with her boyfriend and out of the house. Although Danny was present as their bodyguard, it didn't bother Skye. The man was only six years older than herself, so it didn't feel too bad knowing he was nearby Certainly better than 'pervy' Brian lingering around! Besides, Danny made sure to keep enough distance not to make things awkward, but to be able to react if needed.

Skye held Syd's hand as they walked along the harbour. The breeze blowing through her hair made her feel awake and refreshed, bringing a subtle smile to her features. "I'm glad to have you all to myself for a bit and that you're finally having a breather, even if only for a little while," she told him. When he apologised for not being able to spend more time with her, she silently nodded her head. "I understand. I knew what I was getting into with your family and I wouldn't have got this far into our relationship if I wasn't prepared to accept that you would have a lot of responsibilities," she told him.

"I would love a walk." she agreed with him. As they walked to the point where there was a good view of the sunset, Skye looked to Syd as they walked. "Are you being careful, Syd? Ever since what happened to your dad, I can't help but wonder what I would have done if anything had happened to you. I want those arseholes to suffer for what they did, but I don't want you to get hurt in this mess. I used to think she needed to calm down, but now I understand why Sinead worries so much about Peter. She loves him... and I love you," she softly told Syd.

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Syd)

James Porter

1548802027195-png.533659
As soon as he was cradling Thomas, James couldn't help the soft smile that took over his features as he looked down to his son. Holding the baby brought a sense of warmth to him and despite all of the anger he was feeling, Thomas seemed to keep him grounded and contain his mood somewhat. "Sorry, Luce, but this kid's too cute to be mine," he lightly remarked as he brought his focus up to look to his wife.

James was glad Lucy wasn't talking him out of wanting to kill those involved in the IWU. She'd had enough of them, just as he and plenty of others in the family had. He apprehensively smiled when she assured him he was nothing like Vinnie, which was comforting to hear, even if he had been considering all kinds of ways - brutal methods included - to rid the city of their enemies. "Thanks, love. I just hope whatever tiny part of my blood that was the same as his has by now been spilled out," he remarked.

James was thankfully prevented from mulling over his mother's Romano relations when there was a knock at the door. He hoped it wasn't Donnelly showing up again, because he had no patience for the man's questions and didn't intend of giving him much if things were asked. Thankfully, he heard a female voice speaking with Lucy at the door, so that confirmed it wasn't the Detective. James was surprised when he saw the familiar red head enter the room and the curious expression on his face was a dead giveaway. "Yeah, I remember Gwen. Jazz club singer and Sinead's friend," he confirmed his knowledge. With that in mind, he could only assume something wasn't right at the club or there was some kind of problem involving Sinead. Still, his theory was questionable as he doubted she would turn up at his bedside and with flowers to talk business, not when there were others she could reach easier and faster. "Thank you. They're really nice," James responded when the flowers were mentioned. Though he didn't personally have much interest in flowers he still appreciated the gesture.

The younger woman seemed awkward and he wondered if it was simply because she was in his presence, with his reputation often painting him as intimidating and unapproachable. His features were naturally stern, so he tried to soften them for the benefit of encouraging her to explain why she was there. She started to say there was a reason she was there and her words trailed off, causing him to study her face more closely. "Are you okay? What's the problem, Gwen?" he asked her, naturally assuming her presence meant there was an issue. He now figured it surely had to involve Sinead's club.

Bellz Bellz (Lucy)

Sinead Callahan

1548802088087-png.533662
Sinead's smile had grown wider when Peter suggested bowling, quickly nodding her head before he'd finished speaking. When he mentioned it would be a fair game as they wouldn't have to let the kids win, she couldn't help but laugh. "You think you have a chance, huh? I think you'll find it quite the challenge beating me," she teased him. In reality, she was pretty average at bowling, so her cockiness was silliness more than anything. "How about the loser has to make dinner tomorrow?" she suggested, fully aware of how low those stakes were.

They soon arrived at the bowling alley. Sinead was grateful she'd chosen to wear a dress that sat below her knees - not too long to become a hazard whilst bowling and not too short to give people too much of a view if she bent over at all. She walked with Peter to where she could sit down and let him help her put the bowling shoes on. "They do not go with this dress, at all!" she remarked, turning her nose up as she exaggerated. His comment about the size of the shoes made her giggle and place her hand over her mouth to hide her amusement. She then moved her hand away and glanced down to watch as he finished slipping the shoes on her feet. "Of course my feet are tiny, Petey," she scoffed. "Conor was born before me and he took too many growth genes, or whatever they're called, and didn't leave enough for me. That's why he's a big giant and I'm so short," she jokingly informed him.

Sinead stood up and walked over to the collection of bowling balls, picking them up once at a time and testing their weight in her hand. After trying out six balls, she eventually settled on one of the lighter ones and sent Peter an excited smile as she pointed out its appealing purple colour. She then approached the line marker and studied the pins that were set up at the opposite end of the bowling lane. After some concentration, she sent the ball rolling the down the alley until it smashed into the pins, a little left off-centre. All but one of the pins was knocked down, causing her to groan and pull a playfully sad face at Peter. She retrieved another of the same purple balls before taking the shot at the solo pin that had remained standing. The ball managed to miss the pin by a couple of inches. "Oh booo!" she called out before walking back over to Peter and nudging his arm with her elbow. "I'm just warming up, Mister. You'll see!" she teased.

Bellz Bellz (Peter)

aad0bd947a25e4b42de8e8d88dea23c9.jpg
The past couple of weeks following Leo's funeral and James' attack was sort of rough for Ali. She had managed to get back into her restaurant and start cleaning up the mess the IWU made. With this, she took it upon herself to redecorate the restaurant completely. To make sure she didn't go overboard with the money, she used the budgets her brother left behind. They had planned on doing a renovation in the future, but now that she had insurance money she could do it sooner. Everything was changed using her brother's ideas. Instead of the traditional booths, he wanted to make them circular to give some areas of the place a more intimate and private feeling. "Perfect for couples, even better for parents who want to spank their screaming kids in private!" She remembered him saying. A small smile crossed her lips as she instructed where everything would be placed. They also changed the table linens to white to contrast with the dark brown and cream colored scheme about the place. These were some small changes, but she had to agree with the kid; it made the place look better.

While the place still wouldn't be up and running back to normal for a while, it did help her to bury herself in it and forget about the outside world. Seana left just two prior, much against her own will. She wanted to stay with her daughter, for the sake of making sure she would be safe. But, Aliana insisted she go home or at least for from there. Seana was the only one left and after what's happened to Tommy, Leo and now James, she was sure her heart wouldn't be able to take it had something happened to her. So, with her reluctant goodbyes and final words to Conor, Seana returned home with the promise to come back if Ali ever needed it.

Now, Ali was alone again in her apartment. Not completely alone, as she'd had visits and sleepovers from Conor. But, even though Conor was around, it was like his mind wasn't and she could understand why. James' attack was something that was going to remain heavy on everyone's mind and she understood that. It wasn't something she was going to let slide either but she still needed a moment for herself. That's why she decided to take a bubble bath with candles to ease her mind. Just as she had dipped a toe in the water to test it out, she got a call from Blake inviting her out for a girls day at the beach with just the two of them. She agreed, wanting to spend more time with Blake and wanting to get out of the house.

To say it was something she needed would be an understatement. The whole day was just therapeutic and it helped that Blake was there for it. As the two of them packed their stuff up, she put her hair up into a messy bun. "Are you asking me on a date?" She teased. "Sure! I think a milkshake would go great with them too. The whole salty sweet and cold hot thing is to die for."

Blake ( Bellz Bellz )

1548956697067.png Adam Morgan

During the last two months, Adam had undergone a significant reformation. Since being kidnapped by the IWU, he had endured weeks of degradation and torture until he had lost sight of who he was. It had pushed him into a nervous breakdown, causing him to lose his grip on all the beliefs and attachments he had once held or had developed over the course of his life. But Gideon had presented him with an opportunity for a clean slate - a new, untainted identity that Adam was lead to believe would give him a better chance at life. Now, having let go of his old pacifistic beliefs, he carried no guilt for the deaths of his father and his old friends. He was a new man now. All that was left was to train his physical reactions to be aggressive, confrontational and merciless, like the group he had been inducted into - something he had never been before.

Having made all the effort to brainwash him into joining the IWU seemingly of his own will, Gideon wanted to test Adam's abilities out in the field to ensure that it hadn't all been for nothing. So he had sent him out on his first job with Carter, Evan and Minnie, to the Fitz Grocery Store. It was a place Adam knew well - it was conveniently located, good value and the staff there were friendly, so his family had often bought their groceries from there. Even though he had never done work of this kind before, he wasn't nervous. Gideon had made him aware of the IWU's ascendance and even in his short time of being on their side, the unwavering confidence and determination coming from his comrades made him feel like he was on the winning team. Once Carter had driven them to the lot, Evan went over the purpose of their visit one last time.

The three of them walked into the shop with confidence in their stride and Adam could see the shop owners instantly tense up upon their arrival. The group obviously carried an intimidating aura, which was a first for Adam. He watched as Minnie set her charm on them and couldn't help but smile. It was partly for show, having been instructed by Evan to keep things friendly, but it also wasn't unnatural for her to draw a smile from him.

"You know, I used to shop here quite a lot. The apples here really do taste as good as they look," he said to Minnie, implicitly encouraging her to take a bite of the one she held in her hand with a nod of his head. "It's good to see this place doing well as usual," he went on, now turning to face Griffin and Saoirse directly with a pleasant smile on his face. "Speaking as a customer, it would be a shame to see this place turned upside down. Been happening to a lot of small, independent places around here lately. I like to support the independent ones, myself - even in the capital, who wants corporate chains stripping the city of all its character? I mean, you've got protection, don't you?" Adam paused for a moment, feigning ignorance of their current situation. "Wait, don't tell me you're paying the Porters?" He stepped around Minnie and walked right up to Saoirse, the look on his face turning serious. "Because if you really care about this place, you should know...they're not doing so well right now. The Irish mob are on the decline - they're losing their influence, their power. I wouldn't put the future of your business in their hands, if I were you." He stepped back, looking between Griff and Saoirse. "With that in mind, we'd like you to consider our proposal. From the look on your faces when we came in, I imagine you know who we are, but in case you were mistaken, we've come representing the Irish Workers Union. We speak for the working people of the city - people like you, Mr. and Mrs Fitzgerald. We have your best interests at heart. If you'll consider taking protection from us, I assure you, you will never have to worry about the security of your business again."

Interactions
Bellz Bellz Griffin, Minnie
Misty Gray Misty Gray Saoirse, Evan

Last edited:
Gwen Sheehan
Lucy Porter
standing gwen .png
Gwen could see that James was trying hard to be more approachable but that didn’t stop the slight shake she had to her hands. Rubbing her hands against the outside of her thighs, she bit her bottom lip lightly and nodded his head as James asked if she was okay, wanting to know what the problem at hand was. She could only guess that James assumed she was here on other business, probably something to do with the club. Maybe her issue would seem unimportant, especially with what was going on in the city lately, what happened to James. The woman was beginning to doubt herself, her wide brown eyes taking in both James, Lucy and little Thomas in James’ arms. Smiling briefly at the baby, she cleared her throat.

”Well there is no problem. I guess it just depends on how you look at it…it could certainly be a problem if looked at in a different way…” She was getting off track, and she knew it…stalling was something she was good at. ”Anyway, I’m here for a more…personal matter.” Gwen felt as though she needed to sit when saying what she was about to, seeing as there was no other chairs in the room, she instead took step forward and leaned against the railing at the foot of the bed. She let out a deep breath, trying to calm her thoughts before she spewed out words that would be unimportant and useless.

”My mother…Lila Sheehan, was a lover of Ronan Porter and from what I’ve gathered…that’s your father as well?” Her words shook slightly as she stared straight at James, wondering if he was going to doubt her words. Shifting from foot to foot again, the redhead moved to run a hand through her long hair before continuing. ”I’ve never met Ronan…and I’m pretty sure that he had no idea I even existed. But I’ve seen the way you run things, heard rumors here and there…and I thought this was something I should share with you.”

An awkward silence fell between everyone in the room and Gwen took that moment to calm herself. Her heart was racing and every bone in her body was telling her that this wasn’t a good idea. She ignored her own feelings on the matter however, wanting to know what the two Porters thought about the news she had just given them. ”I know…that this is probably the worst time for me to come and say this, but I’ve been holding onto this news for a very long time.”

Lucy wasn’t sure what to think about the news that she had just heard. Her jaw was slightly dropped as she looked to her husband. Another Porter child was surprising to her despite the man’s track record in the past, Ronan certainly did seem to get around. There was another silence before Lucy spoke up, ”If you don’t mind me asking dear, how old are you?” The woman spoke gently, seeing clearly that the young woman was more nervous than she’d ever seen her.

”25.” Gwen answered simply as Lucy nodded her head slowly.
with: James Misty Gray Misty Gray

Conor Sullivan

Chris-Hemsworth-Wraps-India-Schedule-For-His-Upcoming-Netflix-Film-Posts-A-Heartfelt-Note.jpgUnder the circumstances, it would have been easy for Conor to slip back into his old ways of getting drunk and ending up releasing his aggression by brawling in pubs. However, the aftermaths of Leo's death and James' hospitalisation had forced Conor into taking a more serious role in all aspects of his life and the business. Much of his time had been spent working with Jackson to secure the Porters' businesses; strengthening their defences was the most urgent matter before they could consider attacking the IWU. Also in the last week, Conor had spent some time with Michelle before she and Alex had left the country to visit friends in America for the summer. He was actually grateful to know his daughter would be safely out of Dublin, even if he would miss her. The rest of Conor's downtime was spent with Aliana. The two of them had a lot on their minds, but they always gravitated back to each other when they had the time and Conor hoped his presence was helping Aliana to heal her wounds.

All in all, he'd simply been too busy and too focused on everything else to have enough down time to turn to alcohol.

Filling in for James, Jackson had arranged a meeting for the most senior members of the gang. Conor casually sat back in the chair, holding a bottle of beer in his hand as he listened to Jackson's words. He could detect in Jackson the signals of the stress of running things but he wasn't at all surprised and he thought the man was handling things well. Conor had been in the same spot, albeit back in Chicago. It had always been assumed Conor would replace Emmet, but never fully planned for as it hadn't been anticipated the man would die as soon as he had. The effects of such responsibility took its toll on Conor and he struggled to maintain control, thankfully being relieved of the position when James had stepped in. Despite the disagreements and altercations he'd had with his brother-in-law over the years, Conor held a huge amount of respect for James for running things over so many years. It motivated him not to cave in this time around and to ensure the business would keep going in his temporary absence. He was determined to prove himself and also support his good friend, Jackson as the acting second-in-command.

Conor's attention was then drawn to Rudy as the man began putting his ideas forward. The man raised some interesting points about finding out where the IWU was getting the money to acquire their weapons and firepower. He nodded his head at the suggestion of putting more focus in gaining intelligence on the source of their cash flows and taking steps to deprive them of it. Conor then turned to Ryan to see if the man had any suggestions to add to the discussion...

Enzyme Enzyme (Jackson) Shireling Shireling (Rudy) Fletchawk Fletchawk (Ryan)

James Porter

1548802027195-png.533659
James looked curiously to Gwen as she told him there was no problem. That surprised him as there was almost always a problem when someone came to see him and presented themselves as awkwardly as the younger woman was in that moment. She went on to say it was a personal matter, causing him to raise his eyebrows. He adjusted his arm slightly, glancing down to Thomas to check the baby was still content as he held him. His eyes then looked back to focus to where Gwen was standing at the end of his bed. "Go on..." he encouraged her to continue speaking.

Gwen mentioned her mother's name and it wasn't one that rang at all familiar in James' mind, so he was unsure where the conversation was going. As the words about Lila being a lover of Ronan registered in the man's head, he shifted to sit up a little more, grimacing at the discomfort the action caused to his ribs. "Yeah, he was my father," he flatly replied. It took a moment for her exact words to dawn on him. "What you you men, 'as well'?" he suspiciously asked her. James rested his head back against the raised pillow as he listened to the rest of what Gwen had to say and how she'd been holding on to the news for quite some time. Lucy bought him some time by asking the redhead how old she was, to which it was revealed she was around 13 years younger than James.

James didn't get the chance to spend time thinking of what Ronan was doing 25 years ago and where it all fit into their lives back in Chicago. No time was spared because James wasn't taking any of Gwen's words seriously. It all just seemed too unbelievable and it was certainly a complete surprise to him. "You have to understand I'm very sceptical about all of this, Gwen," he told her. Considering everything that was going on, it would be reckless, at the least, not to question everything, even if it did make him come across as unintentionally uncaring. "How do I know you're telling the truth or that you're not mistaken? Have you got some evidence to back all of this up?" he asked her. Being the serious and logical man he was, he hadn't yet opened his mind up to the prospect of having a sister and how he would feel about having yet another person in his ever-growing family. It was a family that for some years had consisted of himself and him alone.

Bellz Bellz (Lucy, Gwen)

Saoirse Fitzgerald and Evan Shaw

1548802046783-png.533660
Saoirse grinned at Griff's response to having the sticker placed on him. She was glad he too thought the shop had been busy as it meant they were still doing well and bringing in the income they needed. She nodded her head when he said they should still speak with James. "Of course, you're right. I hope Mr. Porter can hear us out," she softly agreed.

When the bell sounded, Saoirse instinctively plucked the sticker from his cheek and turned to face the customers. Of the two men and the woman who entered, she recognised one of them. Seeing Evan once again caused her to instinctively tense up, only pulled out of her shock when Griff grabbed her arm and made her stay behind him. She remained at her brother's side, but a few steps back so he could remain in front of her. Seeing Evan terrified her as the two times she had seen him before, it ended in death; first Bridget and then Leo. She took deep breaths as her mood seemed to swing at both ends - one end was of recoiling in fear and the other was to give the group a piece of her mind. The latter being the thing that had always got her into trouble as a child and teenager, so certainly wouldn't end well now. For the moment, she chose to remain silent so as not to add fuel to any potential fire.

Saoirse watched as Minnie took the apple and held it up. She placed her hand on Griff's back as he asked what they wanted. The woman then went on to say they wanted to offer them an opportunity, which didn't sit well with Soairse at all. The younger of the group, Adam, then went on to speak of how he'd been in the shop before and when Saorise focused enough, he was vaguely familiar but not for any frightening reasons that Evan's face drew. As the conversation turned to the subject of protection, it was confirmed to her that the three had entered for unwanted reasons. No matter how true it could be that the Porters were losing power, she couldn't ignore what the IWU had done and the innocent people they had hurt. She could feel herself shaking as she struggled to keep her feelings to herself and let her brother do the talking.

1548802064075-png.533661
Saoirse's eyes fixed on Evan, as the man remained back from the others. He hadn't removed his sunglasses and was casually looking over the crates of fruit, almost as if he was simply there to buy some groceries. He had been listening to Minnie and Adam, letting them do the talking, as promised. However, when he did turned to stare at Griff and Saoirse again, he could see how the woman's eyes seemed to be piercing through him. The slightest of smiles appeared on his mouth as he observed her.

Unable to hold her tongue any longer, she took the slightest of steps forward, though remained a little behind Griff. "Your people killed our sister," she spoke up, turning her attention back to Adam who had made the proposal. "Yet now you offer us protection?" she asked, her voice weakly faltering. The woman's words caused Evan to turn on the spot so he was fully facing all of those present. He calmly removed his sunglasses before slotting them into the breast pocket of his jacket. He remained silent, leaving his two allies to speak, but he couldn't help but maintain a faint smile as he fixed his eyes straight on Griff and Saoirse.

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Adam) Bellz Bellz (Minnie) Enzyme Enzyme (Carter)

Peter Callahan
Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 3.07.12 PM.png
Peter chuckled as his wife adorably explained why she was so short and tiny compared to the likes of Conor. The man shook his head lightly and after placing his own shoes on, he followed Sinny over to the collection of bowling balls. The man didn’t move to grab one right away, simply watching his wife as she tested out the weight of each bowling ball. Leaning against a railing to the stairs, he smiled, ”Is everything you do so adorable?” He asked sweetly before the lass finally settled on a ball. No surprises when it turned out to be purple, Peter turned towards the collection to choose the right ball for himself. Easily finding the same weight from last time, Peter chose a black bowling ball. Following Sinead to the lane, he moved to relax in the small section of seats in there lane and watched as Sinead approached the line, staring down the pins at the other end.

The momentum she used to send the ball down the lane was impressive and Peter sat up a little more in his seat as he craned his neck to the side to watch it roll. At first it looked like the ball was going to go down center but then it shifted to the left halfway through. ”Awwwww Damn!” Peter said and watched as his wife got another ball.She returned to the line and gave it her best, tossing the ball down the lane. Watching, the ball barely missed the single pin left. Chuckling as Sinead hollered out, Peter wrote down on the pad the score Sinead received with pencil before standing. His wife nudged him with her elbow softly and claimed that she was just warming up.

”Oh yea? Well guess what babe? “ He paused for dramatic effect as he leaned down and placed a kiss on her forehead. ”I’m already warmed up!” With that, he took a step out and towards the line. His toes barely touching the line, he looked to the pins that had been put back into place, his own concentration dialing in on them. Everything around him grew quieter and quieter as he focused on them, he could hear his own heartbeat and the elasticity in his lungs while taking in a deep breath felt like pins and needles. Sometimes, when he searched too far to quiet his mind…it took over and controlled him for a few moments. His hands shook and his legs refused to move. There was a heaviness in his head and his eyelids twitched, wanting to close. Peter took another deep breath, hoping the sound of air filling his lungs would help snap him back into reality.

The sound of a bowling ball smashing against a group of pins suddenly pulled him out of his trance, causing his head to sharply turn to the left, staring straight at the man who had thrown it. He didn’t notice him, too busy cheering over his score before turning to look to his family excited. Peter turned his head back towards his own game, ball in hand, ready to take the shot. Without anymore hesitation, he swung his arm back before using the momentum to swing it back forward, releasing the ball close to the shiny lane below him.

Watching it roll, the ball wasn’t destined to hit very many pins. It slid to make a hard right, only knocking over 3 of the pins at the end of its journey. The man shook his head but didn’t say anything as he turned to quickly grab another ball. Making his way back towards the line, Peter line up his shot again and quickly took it, purposefully wasting no time in thinking, he let the ball go where it wanted to. Luckily enough for him, the ball aimed right down the middle and took out the rest of the pins out with it. Peter smiled and turned to face Sinead, hoping she didn’t see the sweat on his face or the shake in his hands, ”Looks like I was only half warmed up.”
with: Sinny Misty Gray Misty Gray

Gwen Sheehan
Lucy Porter
standing gwen .png
Gwen wasn’t surprised when James said that he was skeptical about what she had just told him. Though it hurt just a little when James question if she was telling the truth, saying that she could have been mistaken. He requested evidence to back up what she had said and the woman nodded her head lightly. With her black bag at her side, she unzipped it and reached into the purse, grabbing two envelopes that contained a letter from each of her parents to one another. Staring at the faded ink on the envelopes for a moment, she read the smooth and handwriting of her mothers, before her eyes traced the messy handwriting of Ronan’s. Biting her lip, she looked up to James for a moment before her attention turned to Lucy, ”Here, I found these when I was going through my mothers possessions…it was the signature that caused me to begin to search for you all. It wasn’t hard really, given your reputation around Dublin.” Gwen took a few steps towards the blonde, handing the letters over as she reached out for them.

Lucy looked down at the letters as she received them, noting that the handwriting was different for each of them. Pulling out the letters carefully, she skimmed through the letters before her eyes scanned the signatures at the bottom. Gwen’s mother’s name was signed at the bottom, and Ronan’s signature was on the other one…Lucy looked up to Gwen, eyeing her closely before her head turned to look at James and Thomas. Lucy held out the letters for James to see, ”I’m not sure she’s lying about this…” Lucy murmured, pointing to the signatures at the bottom of each letter.

The blonde looked back to Gwen, ”Why are you just coming forward now? How long have you known this?” Lucy was curious, her gut was telling her that the young woman was telling the truth. The signatures were clear as day. While watching the woman, she noticed that she looked down, shaking her head. ”It sounds stupid…but…I don’t have any family left. My mother is dead, my stepfather…I will never go back to him. I’ve never met Ronan.” Gwen mumbled, unable to keep from spilling out the real reasons for wanting to find the Porters. For someone who was as adventurous and as daring as her, she couldn’t be without family…she hated being alone. ”I’ve been holding onto this for a few months…I didn’t get my mothers possession until after she died.” Gwen’s eyes looked from Lucy before turning to look at James. ”You don’t have to believe me if you don’t want to…I know this all sounds ridiculous. I just wanted to get it off my chest. it felt wrong not saying anything.

with: James Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Lucy (me)

Ryan Donahue

Oldie maybe.gifLeaning on the wall with his shoulder, Ryan stood the furthest away from Jackson. He hadn't much of chance to acquaint himself with the man that now sat in James' chair, mainly due to Ryan's past avoidance of those that overly familiar with Conor. Even though the two had mended ways, Ryan had been kept busy with work, and hadn't the chance to know what kind of man Jackson was. Almost needless to say, Ryan wasn't entirely comfortable with the idea of someone that he knew so little about calling the shots. Still, he kept those complaints to himself as the others seemed to trust him, and hadn't seen a reason to voice otherwise.

The reason for the meeting was clear, even before Jackson asked for options for dealing with the IWU. Yet, Ryan wasn't entirely sure how to proceed. When Ryan initially arrived, he suggested taking the head off the snake. It was a brutally simple tactic that worked for him in most cases. However, it was as Rudolph said. The IWU was a kind of beast that rendered that option ineffective. After coming into contact with more than few IWU thugs over the past couple of weeks, Ryan realized why. A socialist movement infected the near whole of the IWU. The idea behind it wasn't all that bad in Ryan's eyes, but it had been warped and twisted into the violent entity that it was now, and it was being directed towards them.

Ryan cleared his throat before concurring with Rudolph's suggestion, "For the most part, Rudy is correct, we've been on the backfoot, at least since I've arrived last November. Yeah, we've hit back. Hell, even blew up the factory they were working out of. I would've liked to have been there for that, but regardless, all it did was rattle a wasp's nest," he stated in a matter-of-fact tone before moving on to his point, "Cutting of their cash supply would be nice and would certainly take some of the oomph out of their bite, but they're not like any of gangs you or I are used to pushing around. The IWU seems to operate like those Commies that tells the working man that they're owed more. The only ways I see of ending something like that is to somehow show the man behind the curtain, or hit them hard, and let up only when there is nothing left, consequences be damned."

With his opinion stated, Ryan moved to the other side of the room to pour himself a glass of imported bourbon. Not really being one for thinking up schemes, he knew that there wasn't much he could add to the subject at hand.

Enzyme Enzyme [Jackson] Shireling Shireling [Rudolph] Misty Gray Misty Gray [Conor]

Last edited:
Sinead Callahan
1548802088087-png.533662
Sinead smiled when her husband kissed her forehead. When Peter informed her he was already warmed up, Sinead placed her hands in her hips and tilted her head whilst pulling a sassy expression. "Oh, is that so? We'll see about that!" She then watched on as Peter approached the line to take his turn. He seemed to linger for a while, apparently taking his time to aim and focus on how he was going to approach the shot. "I can see how seriously you're taking this," she playfully heckled him. Peter's state had possibly meant he hadn't heard her, but she figured he was just concentrating.

After his two shots, all of the pins had been knocked down. Peter turned back to face her with a smile on his face. "Hmm. I guess I need to up my game," she commented. As she passed him to take her next turn, she stroked his cheek with her fingertips, noticing his clammy skin. "Darn. You're taking this seriously, ain't ya?!" she joked.

After retrieving was she now considered to be her purple bowling ball for the evening, she stepped up to the line. Her first try was again sent slightly off to the left and only managed to take out six of the pins. On her second try, she overcompensated when trying to fix her aim and instead sent the ball rolling too far to the right until it fell straight into the gutter. She turned around on the spot, pulling an exaggerated sulking frown. "I swear I was better at this before. Must be the wine," she reasoned. She placed her arm around Peter's waist and tiptoed so she could kiss his cheek. "Or maybe you're purposely looking hotter just to distract me," she told him. "I'm onto you Mister!" she lightly warned him.

Bellz Bellz (Peter)
((Sorry it's short. On my my phone and limited time for now))

James Porter

1548802027195-png.533659
James watched very closely as Gwen reached into her bag. His eyebrows furrowed as he saw her bring two envelopes into view, his curiosity increasing. The way she stared at the letters made it clear that whatever they were, they were important to her. She then spoke, explaining she'd found the letters in her mother's belongings. James remained silent as he observed Lucy reading the words written on the papers she'd been handed. His wife then addressed him directly, saying she didn't think Gwen was lying to them. James didn't make any attempt to take the letters, simply giving them a brief glance befote diverting his eyes downwards, towards Thomas.

As Lucy continued to question Gwen, James remained looking away from the two women. He couldn't deny the handwriting and signature looked identical to that of his late father's. He remembered it from his childhood, on the notes Ronan had left on the table when the man had to leave him to fend for himself for days on end. There were also documents back at the Porter house that the Sullivans had received back when Ronan worked for them in Chicago. James was sure the handwriting Gwen has shown him did belong to Ronan, but with everything that was going on, it was difficult for James to process.

James felt bad for brushing Gwen off in that moment and his guilt only furthered as she continued explaining why she'd come forward. Her story about why she'd only just come forward added up. He felt a lump form in his throat when Gwen told them she had no family. He knew more than most how that could feel and wouldn't wish it on anyone. He was already sure Lucy would have plenty to say to him for how he was behaving towards the redhead. "You have to understand, this isn't a good time for me right now... But still, I apologise for my rudeness."

James bent his neck downwards so his face could reach Thomas to allow him to kiss the baby's head. He then looked up again to make eye-contact with Lucy. "Luce, can you take Thomas so I can have another look at those letters?" he asked. Once Thomas was back with his mother and James had the letters, he took another quick look at the one signed off by Ronan. It was clear to him there really had been something between his father and Lila. It was also, without a doubt, clear the letter was written by Ronan. James placed the letters down on bed, by his side, before looking back to Gwen. He knew first hand how Ronan's parenting skills left a lot to be desired. Of course, his father had loved him, but he hadn't been the most emotionally expressive man and often work came first for him. Now, it was more evident than ever that Ronan hadn't been at all conservative when it came to sleeping with women. James wasn't surprised, but having it confirmed once again still had some effect. "I must apologise to you for my - our - old man. I'm sorry he wasn't there for you. He was a good man, but let's say flawed, for now," he said, figuring there would be time later to go into those details. "Do you know about Elijah?" he asked. "Ronan was his father too." His tone had by now softened as the reality of the situation set in. He'd never had a sister and wondered how that would work out. He saw the way Conor was still protective over Lucy and Sinead, so couldn't help but think he would have looked out for Gwen over all of the years he hadn't known about her. With Rayna and even Elijah in mind, it was difficult not to feel robbed, yet again, of valuable time with his most immediate family.

"Pull up another chair and sit with us," James finally offered to Gwen. Once she was seated, he observed her for a time as his features softened, whilst his emotions threatened to show themselves before he'd even had real chance to process the news. "I'm sorry to hear about your mother," he softly told her. "If you don't mind me asking, why won't you be going back to your stepfather?" he asked. Perhaps it was a sensitive subject, but he figured their conversation had already entered that territory and as much of the truth he could find out, the better. "And Sinead... Does she know?" he curiously asked.

Bellz Bellz (Lucy, Gwen)

Minnie Abernathy
Griffin Fitzgerald
Head tilt .jpg
With the words of encouragement from Adam, the brunette smiled at the shiny red apple in her hand before shrugging her shoulders and taking a bite. The sweet taste from the apple caused a soft moan to escape the woman as she listened to Adam speak to the two siblings. As she chewed slowly and deliberately, she watched him smile pleasantly at the pair. He had that going for him, that innocent smile that was oh so infectious. Minnie stayed silent as he commented on the place, saying that he was glad to see it doing well. As she casted a glance at Evan, she couldn’t help but feel that bringing Adam along was pure genius. If anyone in the room could earn the siblings trust, it would be him. Watching as the young man stepped around her, he was really selling their pitch as he stepped right up to Saoirse.

Minnie nodded her head along as Adam stated that the Porters were losing their power. He wasn’t singing a similar tune that long ago, she should know…she had to beat it out of him. When he was through, Minnie looked between Griffin and Saoirse, her eyes wide as she waited for one of them to say something. Minnie didn’t like giving people options, there was no fun in letting them have their so called free will but she knew that in this case, they needed to have a choice.

Griffin let out a small scoff. ”We’ve seen what your people are capable of, and it doesn’t seem like protecting the likes of the public is what you are after.” He’s voice was tense as he stared down Evan, the two others weren’t as familiar but the man in the sunglass brought death wherever he seemed to go. There was the slightest of smiles on his face and just as GrIff moved to step in front of his sister, she moved forward, stepping out a bit from behind him. When she accused them of killing their sister, Griff placed his arm in front of her, ”Saoirse.” Griff said in warning. He was just as angry, but if the IWU were going to be friendly then they had to play the game right.

Minnie noticed that Saoirse and Griffin had their eyes on Evan repeatedly. This caused the small woman to look between all three of them. ”You’ve got to be kidding! Evan? He’s like a giant teddy bear!” She reached out an poked the man’s side once, ”Couldn’t hurt a fly.” A giggle escaped her before she turned to look at the siblings again. ”This is a choice. But please know that we will only offer our protection one time, we have others who will gladly take our protection from those Porter pests.” Minnie took another bite of her apple then and chewed thoughtfully before speaking again, pointing a manicured finger at the siblings. ”Your sister didn’t have to die…neither did the others. The Porters have done more damage to the innocent than they have lead you to believe and unfortunately whether you like it or not…you are stuck in the middle of a war.” This was the cold hard truth and yet the words were harsh, Minnie said it in a sickly sweet tone with a smile on her face.

”We want to offer you protection because, like Adam said, we care about the small businesses. Your business is a big part of this great community. And what are you paying the Porters? Seriously? We can protect you for half of what you are paying them. Our leader is one who listens directly to his community, never ignoring or never not having the time to sit down for a meeting.” She talked Gideon up but she was sure that the man wouldn’t do any of that. The job was to get these people on board…even if that meant exaggerating to get them. It was easy to lie, feeling natural as she took a step forward towards Griffin, who shifted uncomfortably under the woman’s intimidating stare.

Minnie couldn’t help but lick her lips as her imagination went a bit wild, her eyes hungrily roaming Griffin’s body a moment, her brown eyes turning a dark almost black color as she fell silent. There was a pause before Minnie cleared her throat, she could have him later…but they were here for other reasons. ”This apple really is good.” Minnie commented lightly.
with: Saorise + Evan Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Adam Pyroclast Pyroclast ; Griff (me)

Finn Sullivan
Suit .jpgAs soon as the waitress left, Finn let out a low laugh and shook his head. George questioned what had him amused and Finn stared at him wide eyed a moment, not saying anything in hopes that he would catch on before Finn had to say anything about it. Luckily, George caught on and when he asked Finn if the waitress was flirting with him, the doctor laughed even more. George covered his mouth with embarrassment but Finn shook his head. He lifted his hand to touch George’s but after remembering where they were, he placed it back on the table with a small thud.

Finn let out another laugh as George said he was looking at her dress thinking about how uncomfortable it must be, if there was any true testament to his sexual preference..it was that exact moment. ”Well Georgie, I hate to break it to you but I think that poor girl definitely go the wrong idea. But with a dress like that, its hard not to stare really…her chest was right by your face.” Finn shook his head and then sighed. It was a struggle for him to watch a female flirt freely with George but Finn had to be more reserved with his affections. It had been a crazy few weeks, Finn was beginning to feel more and more like himself with every day he spent with George, like he could finally breathe again.

”Don’t worry George, i’m sure she does this to every man she comes across…but I will say that she has excellent taste in men if she decide to flirt with you.” He winked and dipped his head lightly. Things at home had finally began to settle down, the Porter family was on the defense after what happened to James and things had been tense to say the least. The doctor had been working again, just as hard as he had been before he became lost. His patients were very pleased with his progress on their cases and he actually solved a few. The man was exhausted, having picked up an early morning shift today but he was glad to be out and about with his love. Things were all falling into place now that George was in his life, ”I just want to thank you, mate. You are my little dose of happiness.” He smiled shyly.
Peter Callahan
Screen Shot 2019-02-02 at 2.09.31 PM.pngPeter let out a breathless smile as Sinead passed him, stroking his cheek lightly. She commented on him taking the game seriously and the man silently nodded his head, letting his wife believe that rather than worry about him. Taking a seat, he watched as Sinead step up to the line again. Although he was watching her with a large smile on his face, the man was thinking deeply about what had just happened to him. This feeling he got, it wasn’t unusual for him anymore..but it was troubling to deal with. It started in prison and followed him all the way home. It gripped him even when he wasn’t awake, often pulling him out of sleep feeling hot and clammy unable to take a deep breath.

Peter eyed the lane as Sinead threw her first ball, which once again went slightly to the left. Peter kept his smile on his face as he took in deep breaths through his nose, the whole place was giving him a sense of deja vu that was overwhelming him as he shifted uncomfortably in the chair. Sinead grabbed her purple ball again, ready to take the second try as she sent the ball spinning down the smooth wooden lane. It angled too far to the right unfortunately and was sent into the gutter rather quickly. Peter’s attention snapped to his wife and away from his troubling thoughts as she frowned at him, stating that she swore she was better at bowling before, blaming it on the wine. This caused the man to let out a genuine laugh before standing up. His wife wrapped an arm around his waist and he did the same before she kissed him on the cheek.

”Sinead!” Peter gasped in faking to be in shock as he used his free hand to cover he mouth briefly, ”I am a good an honest man. I would never use my extremely good looks for bad. Its my oath that I took to be apart of the Good looking club. You should know this, you are apart of it too!” Giving her head another kiss, Peter untangled himself to get ready to bowl again. He didn’t waste anytime, not concentrating so hard this time. He let the ball fly down the lane twice and ended up only knocking 4 down.
with: Sinead Misty Gray Misty Gray [/CENTER]

Gwen Sheehan
Lucy Porter
Yea.gifGwen watched as James looked to her, stating that it wasn’t a good time for him right now, giving her an apology for his standoffish attitude towards her before. The redhead smiled gently and shook her head, not feeling offended in the slightest. She could see clear as day what condition James was in and he didn’t need to apologize when he looked to be in so much pain. She observed as the man kissed little Thomas on the head before he asked if Lucy could take him. The blonde nodded her head quickly and stood to pick up the baby, cooing to him lightly as she sat back down with him in her arms. The view caused Gwen to smile more, always having a soft spot for babies, especially if they turned out to be family.

The redhead shifted nervously as she watched James glance over the letters, hoping that he would truly believe her…she didn’t know what she would do if the man turned her away and called her a liar. After a long silence, James spoke up, apologizing for their father’s actions. Gwen listened as James specified that Ronan was a good man, but a flawed one. She had always wondered what her father was like… and if given the chance at a later date, she wanted to pick Mr. Porters brain about it. When James brought up Elijah, Gwen raised an eyebrow a look of confusion forming on her face at the name. He told her that Ronan was his father too and the redheads jaw dropped slightly. So she had another brother out there…”I don’t actually…” She murmured, noting that James tone was softer now. The woman let out a sigh of relief, believing that the man would give her a chance.

James offered for her to pull up a chair and sit with them and this brought a wide smile to the redheads face as she nodded her head, ”Okay.” She said before walking across the room to grab a chair. Once she positioned it next to Lucy’s chair, she took a seat and silence fell over them as James observed her. She said nothing, allowing him to process all of this. When he finally spoke up, Gwen was surprised to hear an apology for her mother. It had been months but the hole her mother’s death left was fresh, she missed her everyday. At the mention of her stepfather, her jaw visibly clenched and she gripped the arm of her chair a little harsher. She didn’t say anything at first, giving herself a second to calm down…luckily, James asked if Sinead knew about all this. ”She doesn’t know, sir.” That formality felt right given the man’s status in the community but she knew that she couldn’t call him that forever. Sucking in a deep breath, Gwen figured she needed to face her demons to explain why she wouldn’t return to her stepfather.

”Erick wanted nothing to do with me.” She said, her voice breaking slightly as she looked away from the couple. ”He’s the reason my mother is dead.” Her voice was laced with underlying anger, ”He pushed her to the point of breaking and…she broke.” Gwen sighed, ”She never told me about my real father..always stating that he didn’t want me. We left Chicago when I was just a baby…my mother met Erick and the rest is history.”
with: James Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Lucy (me)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back