• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A Family Affair: The Irish Mob - IC (Ended)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

30078036_2350820361610229_5406686530796257280_n.jpg

Everything that was happening around Leo moved quickly. From being threatend, to guys he had always seen around but never spoken to coming to his defense to Ryan throwing a punch at Mickie. Leo was still stuck on trying to figure out what to do about the situation, the whole contract situation. It was a bad idea, he knew it, but he was terrified of what was going to happen to him or Ali or the place. Perhaps if Ryan hadn't shown up, he would have agreed. Actually, he would have. There was no question about him giving in to the men if there was no one there to back him up. However, he didn't want anything violent going down in the restaurant.

Everytime Leo went to open his mouth to speak, the more intimidating men in the room spoke. More threatening words being expressed, looks being given and Leo was dying under the weight of it all. Moments would pass by and more men would join the group, mostly to the side of Leo's. It was comforting to know how many people he and his sister, probably his sister more than he himself, would come to their defensive if needed. But when Ryan punched Mickie, that's when Leo was also knocked to his snese. "Okay! I don't think anything violent is necessary.." He said, more towards Ryan than anyone else, but it was meant for them too. "If anything take it outside." His eyes were darting around the place, the patrons eyeballing the stand and the commotion the men were causing. It was sure to be bad for business in the first place. "I'm sure, as gentlemen, we can talk about this in private. Away from the families that do come in here to enjoy time together." He was trying to make sure no more issues were caused.

Ryan ( Fletchawk Fletchawk ) Evan, Conor ( Misty Gray Misty Gray ) Mickie ( Enzyme Enzyme ) Aldous ,Jack ( Shireling Shireling )

Rayna Taylor
images
When James told her that she would have to tell Matteo the truth about Savannah, Rayna nodded her head slowly as she lifted a delicate hand to her eyes. Tears were useless at this moment and she was trying her best not to let them control her. James surprisingly agreed to letting Matteo into his home, this caused Rayna to smile softly at her son before wrapping her arms around him again. "Thank you so so much, my boy." She planted a big kiss to his cheek before releasing him. James then turned to approach Syd and Matteo and Rayna followed close behind.

Crossing her arms gently over her chest, she took in a deep breath to pull herself together before looking directly at Matteo. The boy was smart and had a good eye for picking up on her own emotions, so it was best to talk to him with a clear head than be stuck in her own worries about what was to be said. Introducing himself, James started off right away with placing some ground rules down and Rayna nodded her head behind him to back up his words. When he laid down the rule about smoking in the house, Rayna once again nodded her head before taking a step forward, "You know better than that Matteo, I don't let you smoke at home do I?" She asked, raising one eyebrow as she tried to parent in her own way, not pulling off the intimidating look very well.

As she stared at Matteo, she couldn't help but wonder if it was already too late for the lad, if her efforts to try and save his soul were all in vain. Rayna and Ethan didn't have it in them, the fight to put up with what Matteo was doing as much as they loved the boy like their own. They still had one more child in the house who looked up to Matteo and what kind of an example was he setting for her? Rayna felt guilt rising in her gut but she tried her best to force it away, knowing that this would be the best chance Matteo would have for living a good life...even if that definition of good wasn't exactly the traditional sense of the word.
with: James Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Syd Pyroclast Pyroclast ; Matteo Enzyme Enzyme

40a995938e29c50af09d01be58ecf657.jpg

The red she was seeing while looking at Saoirse scared her, internally, making her believe she wasn't really over Tommy's death at all. Usually, there was a sadness that followed her anger whenever thougths of Tommy entered her head. But this time, that sadness didn't take over instead it was an annoyance. Annoyance that the gun was taken from her and she was being told to calm down. She took a deep breath though, knowing she was being irrational and crossed her arms. Both Evelyn and Blake had saved the girl, even though Ali didn't think she was actually going to shoot Saoirse. Knowing her temper lately, it was definitely possible.

After managing to calm herself down a little, she listened to the brother, who she now knew as Griffin, speak about their situation and everything they had been trying to do to get the Porter's attention. Deep down she understood why they were stealing from her now, but she just couldn't get past the comment about Tommy. She had to keep telling herself that she would have done the same thing if she were put in that predicament. She was letting Evelyn speak for a few reasons; one being that she was the most cool headed right now and two she was letting her prove herself a little bit more in the partnership aspect of things. Now that they had figured out why she was missing bottle of alcohol, there was no reason not to trust her. However, Ali had grown to have trust issues and if she could figure out a way to make this mess more tolerable, then kudos for her.

Her thoughts were interrupted when two gentlemen joined them, one face she swear she knew and the other a new one. "Here to crash the party?" She sacastically remarked. She took the bag from Evelyn before turning back to the duo. "Don't think you two aren't paying for this, either." She said in a more calming tone, almost like a mother scolding her children. But it was no more menace in her voice. When the unfamiliar man offered to take the two of them off their hands, she was willing to let them go. Her attention was then grabbed Blake, who was offering to buy drinks for herself and Eve, which was surprising. She gave Blake a confused look before throwing her hands up. "Sure, I could use it. I think a whole bottle would suffice, actually." It was a joke but then again it wasn't. There was this small thought in the back of her head that she couldn't shake; just how many people had died while under the protection of the Porter's?
Blake, Griff ( Bellz Bellz ) Evelyn ( Pyroclast Pyroclast ) Saoirse ( Misty Gray Misty Gray ) Nathan ( LateForDinner LateForDinner ) Kennedy ( mpower mpower )

Matteo Davide

4EB95A4000000578-6012009-English_actor_Tom_Holland_is_often_photographed_wearing_the_Dove-a-10...jpg
Matteo focused on his cigarette as Syd spoke, pinching it between his thumb and index finger. He looked up as Syd mentioned the whole city was theirs. Excellent. Matteo had fought for everything he had, mostly respect, which is what he craved the most. The fact that his name could easily hold authority in Dublin due to his family ties felt almost like cheating, but he was more than happy to take advantage of such a privilege. "Anythin' we want, huh?" He continued, thinking to himself with a smile. To not abuse this, would be a loss in his eyes.

He heard a sniffle come from below him and a wet snout on his pants. He looked down to see the family's husky stabbing her muzzle into his leg. Despite Syd telling Lady to leave him alone, Matteo smiled and patted the dog on the side of the head.

When Syd asked who he was exactly, he leaned back in his chair, resting the cigarette by his side and blowing the smoke away. "I'm Rayna's nipote-," he paused quickly correcting himself, as he was sure Syd didn't speak Italian. "Grandson." He then looked back to his burning cigarette taking another puff. "The family tree is eh," he waved his hand around, displaying that Sofia and James's biological relationship was more complicated than he could explain. "I'm supposed to call him 'uncle'," he said, referring to James with a point of the cigarette.

When James returned to them, Matteo stayed seated. He produced his hand for a handshake, which Matteo wasn't too fond of doing. With a glare from his grandmother, however, he unenthusiastically stood up and obliged.

Sticking his hand out for James to intercept, he shook the man's hand firmly and offered a smile. James, however, was quick to point out the cigarette in his other hand. The blunt order put Matteo off, but he nodded his slightly. Turning to a guard near the door, Matteo raised his eyebrows and called out for him to open it. Once the man did, he flicked the cigarette across the room and out onto the front porch, where it tumbled and sent sparks onto the gravel. He looked back at James, holding a suppressed smile.

Misty Gray Misty Gray (James) Pyroclast Pyroclast (Syd) Bellz Bellz (Rayna)

Aldous Penshurst
lawyergc alternate.jpgBy the time Ryan's hand had connected with Mickey's jaw, Aldous had squared up, ready to lunge at Evan with a cocked right fist. He started to swing when Leo piped up and told them to take their disagreement outside, and at this he shifted back and stopped himself from initiating the swing. He looked to Ryan, and then to Mickey who was dabbing away blood with a handkerchief.

"If it's all the same," Aldous began with an air of tired politeness, "I think it would be wise if you gentlemen left. There's no need for brawling today."

Jack Brady
agitator2.jpgBy this point, Jack had put his hand on the switchblade in his pocket and placed his thumb on the spring, holding it at the ready concealed in his pocket. "I hate to say it, but I agree with the Brit, this is getting us nowhere, Mickey." He shifted his glance accusatorily at Mick as he dabbed away the blood and began muttering threats. Jack wasn't exactly keen to fight, given that he hadn't been in a real fistfight since his first year of university and it hadn't involved knives or other lethal objects. It could get ugly quick.

Enzyme Enzyme Misty Gray Misty Gray Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

Sinead Callahan

1544915505201-png.514215
Although she was expecting her sister and Gwen to say it was a good idea for Savannah to go to school, it somehow still surprised Sinead. She figured if they seemed resistant or cautious of the idea, it would give her more reason to reject it completely. Their open encouragement to let Savannah go to school only made it all seem more inevitable to her. "I just want to let the kids be happy and I know Savvy is longing to make friends her own age," she admitted. "I suppose I should start looking at schools so she can start in September. Brady's going to want to go too..." she thought aloud. She knocked back the rest of her wine before reaching for the bottle to pour herself some more. "It will have to be a mixed school. None of this separating boys and girls rubbish." She looked to Gwen and smiled at the thought of her friend's words. "I suppose it would be quite sweet to see their happy little faces greeting me after school every day."

Sinead laughed as she thought of the children being a handful. The handful mostly being in the form of Emery - the youngest yet most outgoing of the three. As Lucy went on to say she wasn't a burden on the Porters, Sinead quickly nodded her head, initially taking it as confirmation it was okay for her and Peter to live were they did. But again, Lucy seemed more open to the idea of the Callahans moving than Sinead had hoped. She'd wanted to be begged to stay and told it was too dangerous to move away, because in Sinead's mind, it really was. Living at the Porters had given her the security she craved and she didn't feel the need to worry so much - about the family's enemies and herself. "I know you're right. It's just... a lot to think about, you know? I trust Peter can keep us all safe, but I just hope I can. I failed completely when he was in prison and if I hadn't had my family and friends around me, I dread to think what could have happened." She let out a sigh. "I know I've learned from that time and my mistakes, but I just hope I can put it all into action, if I have to. If I lose him again," she said, clearly referring to Peter.

Sinead quickly shook her head and scoffed at herself. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't be putting a downer on your evening. I usually offload my thoughts onto Ozzy. He listens and doesn't tell me I'm wrong," she said, grinning. She wanted to help distract Lucy but figured her sister needed more positive distractions than the ones she was giving her. "So, Gwen..." Sinead began, directing the attention to her friend. "I haven't spent an awful lot of time at the club lately, but I will be. How has it been for you? Kev said you've been getting some amazing compliments from the customers." She then looked to her sister. "Luce, weren't you there with James a few weeks back?" she asked, always mindful to make sure she involved everyone in her conversation. Plus, she liked it when her friends got along with the rest of her family.

Bellz Bellz (Lucy, Gwen)

James Porter

1546714835771-png.522755
Despite Matteo clearly begrudging having to make the gesture, James found it somewhat promising that the lad still managed to force himself to return the handshake. The man then folded his arms and took a step back as he observed Matteo's response to being told not to smoke indoors. Again, it wasn't the most enthusiastic of behaviours, but the teenager still made a point of adhering to the rule in his own way. It was certainly more favourable than had he refused or argued about it. Catching the suppressed smile, James gave him a single nod and returned a smile of his own.

James took a moment to address Syd, briefly patting his son on the shoulder. "You should go relax for the rest of the evening. You've earned it, mate," he suggested. He figured Syd didn't want to listen to him going on about rules and respect.

James then turned back to Matteo, standing directly opposite the lad, presumably with Rayna remaining present. "So, what do you like to do for fun, Matteo? Got any hobbies?" he asked. James hated small talk and pointless questions, but he hoped to turn the answer into something useful. He didn't waste time asking questions if he expected the answers were going to be nothing but irrelevant. "I hope you like early morning, because you'll need to be up and ready to leave the house by 6.30am. We'll be going for a run, five days out of seven," he informed him. He then pointed to Lady, who had earlier been greeting the lad. "Have you got any pets back home? We've got three dogs, plus Lucy's little wannabe dog, around the place that need frequent exercise. Are you up for that?"

Bellz Bellz (Rayna) Enzyme Enzyme (Matteo) Pyroclast Pyroclast (Syd)

Evan Shaw and Conor Sullivan

1546790069459-png.523146
Evan watched Mickie as he regained his balance whilst setting about spitting out expletives and taunts. Seeing his friend was apparently fighting fit brought a small smirk to his face. The Porters had violently retaliated and the victim had bounced back up. In addition, Evan had managed to meet two more members of the gang; Ryan and Conor, up close. All round, it had been a successful visit. Getting Leo to sign up for the IWU's protection would have been a bonus. Evan was willing to take the lad's decision as final, even if he hadn't seemed completely committed to his refusal, which he perhaps only did due to being in the presence of the Porter gang.

Evan nodded his head in agreement when Leo spoke up to say violence wasn't necessary This was then followed by Aldous' and Jack's words in agreement with cutting out the brawling. "I wouldn't dream of it, fellas," he remarked. He then looked directly to Leo. "Thank you for taking time out to consider our offer," he said, sending a respectful nod to Leo. Evan then looked back to Ryan and Conor, giving the latter a firm pat on his bicep. "IWU wankers," he muttered in answer to Conor's earlier question. The Sullivan man aggressively shrugged Evan's hand off of him, appearing repulsed by the contact. "Keep up, would ya?" Evan added, chuckling to himself as he turned to leave, beckoning Jack and Mickie to follow him out of the restaurant.

1544915473340-png.514213
"Get the fuck out, now!" Conor snapped, fighting the growing urge to ignore what the others had just been saying and instead beat the living daylights out of Evan. Conor's eyes remained fixed on the three IWU men until they had stepped out of the exit to return to their car. His posture remained tense, feeling if he made any attempts to move he'd find himself rushing to attack the bastards. He took a couple of deep breaths before sending Ryan an approving nod, not blaming him at all for doing what he'd wanted to do himself. His eyes then fixed onto Leo. "Security here is getting beefed up. No arguments." He also intended for Sinead's jazz club to get the same increased security, given she might come across as any easy target too. Something Evan had said had him kicking himself. He knew he needed to start paying more attention and to make sure he was getting a bigger picture of the IWU's members, through his own observations and James' existing knowledge.

Fletchawk Fletchawk (Ryan) Enzyme Enzyme (Mickie) Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Leo) Shireling Shireling (Jack)

Mickie Mckinely

Mickie held his fractured jaw up with the soaked handkerchief. He used the wall for support, as he pushed himself back to the side of Evan. Everyone seemed to want to keep violence out of the altercation, due to the eyes they were drawing from the tables. Mickie hardly found it fair, considering he was the one punched in the face without warning. Evan seemed pleased with their visit, so when the Porters told them to piss off, he happily obliged. As Evan and Jack made their way out, Mickie briefly stayed behind, staring down the trio. He used the handkerchief to scoop up a gob of bloody spit he was forming, before turning around to follow.

He slowly shifted his weight back to his feet without the support of the wall, as his brain was regaining its barrings. Evan and Jack made it outside to the cars, but the thought of walking out the doors without some retaliation enraged him. He had been embarrassed and belittled by the Porter punk, and no one seemed to bat an eye. Especially the prick who was running the restaurant, who was throwing them out like trash.

Mickie clenched his hands, shaking in rage. They had no idea who they were dealing with, and Mickie was going to show them. Snapping his hand down to his jacket, he ripped out the snub nose .38 from his shoulder holster. He pulled back the hammer with his thumb in one fluid motion as he shifted his arm down. Pulling back the trigger, the short barrel let out a loud bang. The bullet shot right between Leo's eyes, blowing gore and brain matter out the back of his head and dusting the tables behind him in blood.

A level of shock shook the restaurant as Mickie left the doors. Once they closed behind him, however, he heard the muffled screams of the customers. He passed the observing windows of the restaurant, firing two shots at both of them, causing large cracks to splinter across the glass.

Mickie stumbled out onto the road, falling on the back door of the car. He quickly threw the door open and slipped inside the back seat. The driver of the vehicle sped off down the road as an IWU thug climbed over Mickie to slam his door shut.

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Leo) Misty Gray Misty Gray (Evan/Conor) Fletchawk Fletchawk (Ryan) Shireling Shireling (Jack/Aldous)

1546917374508.png Syd Porter

Syd caught the smile on Matteo's face after he suggested the kind of power his family held over the city. Since the boy was a stranger, he wanted to be careful about how much he told him, but so far he didn't appear as much of a threat. Especially given that his own grandmother had brought him into the house. Her voice raised slightly then, warning James not to keep her in the dark. Syd glanced warily over to her, but when she turned to look at him and Matteo he immediately switched his attention to Lady, hoping the attention he was giving the dog would be enough to stop her from bothering the guests.

When Matteo mentioned that he was Rayna's grandson, Syd almost choked. He pulled the cigarette from between his lips, holding it away from the dog, and coughed 'til his throat was clear. "You're what?" he frowned. A small laugh escaped him and he shook his head. "Jesus, how big is this family..." He closed his eyes, trying to draw up a family tree in his head so he could work out how the two of them were related. That kind of thing confused him, and before he could piece it together James and Rayna had made their way over to the two of them. Still frowning slightly, Syd watched as James introduced himself to this new relative of his. He stared down at his cigarette, rolling it between his fingertips thoughtfully, but did nothing to support his father's rule about not smoking indoors. Though he tended not to do it in the main areas of the house, he often smoked in bed before settling down to sleep these days. It was a habit he was at least conscious that he had picked up since joining the business, but he found it helped to subdue his excitement.

While Matteo flicked his cigarette out onto the front porch, Syd decided he would rather leave to finish his than do the same. Sensing some passive judgement from both James and Rayna, Syd gently pushed Lady out of his way so that he could get to his feet. James placed a hand on his shoulder and told him to go and relax for the night, to which Syd nodded. "Well, you have a good night," he said, sending Matteo and Rayna a warm smile. "I'll be next door, if anyone needs me." His charm was entirely put on, as in that moment he felt utterly confused - he hated being in the dark about things in general, but especially something that seemed to concern him.

Syd finished his cigarette on the way to the Callahan's, his mind whirring with confusion about what was happening back at home. From the way James had begun laying down household rules to Matteo, it seemed like the family were about to go through some changes. At this point, he was desperate to see Skye. Once, he had agonised over her, and for a time all that had occupied his mind was how to ask her out. Now, she was by far the least complicated thing in his life. Stepping into their inner porch, Syd breathed in the comforting scent of the Callahan's house before calling out, "Anyone home?"

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray Skye

( Bellz Bellz Rayna Enzyme Enzyme Matteo )

Ryan Donahue

Stare down.jpgAlthough Ryan had seen Aldous approach, Conor's sudden appearance behind the smarmy man caused him to pause and recount his surroundings briefly. Upon establishing that Aldous and Conor had the man covered, Ryan's focus switched back the goon that was still reeling from his first strike, and he was about to follow through on the statement that he warned them with when Leo's call to end the violence stopped him. So instead of finishing the man off, Ryan gave the man a long disparaging gaze as he started spit out threats that Ryan had heard countless times before from just a many other two-bit goons.

Ryan had been about to share his choice opinion on who the men were, when the slimy bastard revealed that they were IWU, causing his hand to twitch towards his piece before remembering their location. Of course. Doubt anyone else in the city has the balls to extort in Mob territory, let alone this far in. As Conor took over, Ryan checked to make sure nothing in his sore hand was broken by putting some pressure on his swelling knuckles as he opened and closed his hand.

Since the IWU seemed to backing off, Ryan only nodded in agreement to Conor's declaration of additional security as he waited to confirm what exactly the IWU wanted from Leo. "That being said, why were..." Ryan's words drowned out by deafening crack that was all too familiar and a small, dark, circular hole appeared in Leo's forehead.

Gag Gun.gifTime seemed to slow to come to a crawl as a shiver shot up his spine. The nervous look that Leo's face wore was still there, but Ryan could see the young man's brow unknit as the muscles slackened and the life drained from his eyes. It wasn't Ryan's first time watching such a surreal scene, but each time always felt distinctly different. This one had definitely caught him unaware and he was unable to tear his gaze away from it. With the spark of life now extinguished, the body soon followed suit and it started to buckle under its own weight, and still, Ryan could not tear his eyes away from the event. It wasn't until the following reports of gunfire that Ryan finally snapped out of his freeze, and time returned to normal.

Pulling his sidearm out as he whipped around, Ryan quickly found that the shooter had already fled out the door. Without a further thought, he gave chase and crossed the distance to the door as a blur. Kicking the door open, Ryan quickly scanned for a target and recognized Mickie jumping into the back of a grey Pennant. Without hesitation, Ryan pulled the hammer back of his M1911 and preceded to empty a magazine into the car as it sped off. Ears ringing, Ryan watched for a few seconds as the getaway vehicle continued to distance itself from him at a rapid pace. Not wanting to accept the sense of defeat that was creeping into his chest, Ryan turned and started to make a run for the Fairlane that he'd driven earlier, reloading his sidearm as he went.

Enzyme Enzyme [Mickie] Misty Gray Misty Gray [Conor + Evan] Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess [Dead Boi] Shireling Shireling [Aldous + Jack]

Nathan Bennett
Armie_2.pngThe marksman felt a surge of relief from seeing the situation completely defused; everyone shared his expression. Nathan smirked at the interaction between Evelyn and the unfamiliar female. It truly reminded him that he was new to the business. He simply hoped that James would approve of his initiative, Evelyn had more pressing matters to deal with from what he could assume.

Nathan observed the protective nature of Saoirse's companion, safely assuming that he's family rather than anything else. As he stepped towards Nathan, he politely greeted him and extended his own hand out to meet Griffin's. It was unusual to see the stranger turn from cautious to grateful, but he didn't want to take on anything stressful. If they were compliant, Nathan would be more than eager to help. Their troubles seemed to resonate with his past, although he would soon find out if there was any truth to that.

Once they had exchanged the polite gesture, he laughed at the mannerisms and shook his head. "It's Mr Bennett. But please, call me Nathan. Mr Bennett was my father." He spoke in his usual tone, but tried to keep some sincerity and professionalism. He didn't want to be taken for a fool. The bodyguard looked around before nodding inside to the restaurant. "We can talk inside, okay? I'm starving." He laughed, hoping it encouraged them to trust him more. Nathan believed that trust was a big part of succeeding in business, especially ones such as this.

He took them back around and into the restaurant, hoping it wasn't inappropriate to talk inside the building they had just attempted to escape from. "So, I work closely with James. I'm an old friend and his bodyguard. This is supposed to be my night off, but I can let it slide." He joked, once again trying to establish a connection between them all. Once they had all seated themselves, he sat back and took in the duo. His eyes lingered a moment too long on the gorgeous female, but he made sure to affirm some control. The man she was with didn't seem to like his staring. Nathan then cleared his throat, moving all jokes aside to discuss the matter. "How about we start with your names? Then... you can tell me why you need to see James so badly. Got it?"

Interactions & Mentions
Saoirse Fitzgerald; Misty Gray Misty Gray Griffin Fitzgerald; Bellz Bellz

Skye McKendrick

1546954662126.pngSkye sat beside Savannah on the piano bench, watching on in amazement as the girl played 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow' from the sheet music in front of them. A soft smile remained planted on her lips as the child sang along to the music whilst still playing the correct notes. With Emery already in bed, having exhausted all of her energy relatively early, and Braden quietly watching the television in the main lounge, Skye was taking advantage of the likely temporary peace. When Savannah finished the song, she placed her hands on her lap and looked to the nanny with a smile on her face. "That was so beautiful, Savvy. If you don't end up famous, something is not right in this world," Skye complimented the child. "What do you want to play next? I'm enjoying listening."

"I really enjoy playing. I want to perform on stage, just like my mum and the people I've seen at the theatre," Savannah replied as she began flicking through the pages of sheet music. "Why don't I teach you a song to play?" she suddenly offered.

"Ohh, I don't know about that. Don't you remember the last time you tried?" Skye playfully told her. Truth was, she was starting to become intimidated by the girl's intelligence. It wasn't just her musical gifts, but Savannah was smart for her age and Skye believed the girl needed a new tutor, or even school itself. Whilst she wasn't stupid herself, Skye hadn't finished school, instead being forced into any orphanage by the time she was 14 and then having her education neglected by the awful staff there. Emery would be easy to teach for a few more years, but she believed Savannah exceeded her own knowledge and Braden would likely benefit from a new tutor too.

1546955959939.pngSkye was saved from having to give in to the blonde girl's puppy eyes when she heard the door close followed by Syd's voice calling out. "Boyfriend's here," Savannah shouted before sticking her tongue out at Skye. "Your lesson is over now, so you can go see him," she joked. She then turned back to her sheet music and continued practising.

"Cheeky!" Skye said, playfully nudging the girl. She then got up from the bench and made her way to the hallway to meet Syd. As soon as she set eyes on him, she noticed the bust lip and bruising to his face. "The job went well, then?" she sarcastically remarked. She walked closer to him, putting her arms around his waist and leaning in to kiss a part of his mouth that that would cause him pain. She then pulled away and held his hand. "Do you need anything? Let's talk - about anything you want," she lightly offered, before leading him into the lounge.

The sound of gunfire could be heard coming from the television set as Braden sat watching some cowboy movie. Nobody had even spoken before the boy protested he was allowed to watch the film. "Not on my watch, you're not!" Skye informed him. She then picked up the books from the coffee table and held them out for Braden to take. "You haven't answered the questions I gave you yet. Go upstairs and don't come back down until you've finished the test," she ordered him. Once the boy had rushed off, Skye sat on the sofa and offered Syd the spot next to her, now able to talk in private as Savannah continued playing music in the other room.

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Syd)

Conor Sullivan

1546965581261.pngIt all seemed to happen in an instant. One minute, two of the men had left the building and the next, Mickie had turned his gun on Leo. The loud bang snapped Conor out of the thoughts he'd been having about security and Conor's eyes, already being on Leo, had seen the exact moment the bullet landed between the lad's eyes. For a couple of seconds, Conor froze, but he quickly shook it off and practically leapt over the podium that had been separating him from Leo. The bullet had ripped through the younger man's skull and his lifeless body had crashed down onto the floor in a an awkward mess. Conor crouched down to the lad's side, briefly looking up at Aldous who was close by. As the sounds of two more shots were heard, Conor looked back down to Leo. He'd known the moment the bullet made contact with the lad's forehead that there was no coming back from it. Still, he'd instinctively ran to the victim's side, and for a moment, placed his hand on his lifeless shoulder, as if it would somehow provide some comfort. But he reminded himself such gestures were useless. His thoughts already flicked to Aliana and she was someone who he knew would need such reassurance. It was only a few seconds Conor was crouched next to Leo, but it had felt like much longer. As if time had slowed to a stop.

In the next moment, Conor's mind snapped and he knew he had to take aggressive action whilst he could. Leo wasn't alone, but most of those present weren't equipped to react how Conor intended to, but at least he knew the lad wouldn't be left alone. Just as quickly as he'd got down, Conor got back up and ran out of the restaurant. The IWU's car had sped off and he sighted Ryan a short distance away running down the street. Presuming Ryan was heading to his car, Conor continued sprinting after his friend. He caught up just in time to climb into the passenger seat. "Fucking go!" he said, his profanity clearly aimed at the IWU and not Ryan. As the car was started, Conor removed his pistol from its concealed place under his shirt.

Fletchawk Fletchawk (Ryan)
Mentions: Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Leo) Shireling Shireling (Aldous, Jack) Enzyme Enzyme (Mickie)

Lucy Porter
Gwen Sheehan
6b87104ce79c132bf3d779be0500f20e.jpg
As the blonde leaned back in her seat, she lifted her glass to her lips and took a long sip, still listening to the conversation as she went quiet for a moment. She removed the glass from her lips and rested it on her large belly, looking to her sister closely. It seemed that Sinead had wanted a different answer than what Lucy gave her but she wasn’t going to lie to her sister. As much as she enjoyed being close to her sister and her wonderful family, she knew that it wouldn’t be like this forever, even if Sinead thought it would. Even though they were both adults now, they were still continuing to grow. Lucy still had hope that Sinead would grow out of her fears of the world, even though they were very much justified. It had taken years for Lucy to come into her own again, to not fear the world around her but she eventually did it. It was an empowering feeling. But every now and then she found herself wanting to hide from the dangers of the world again. The wedding was going to be held at home for a reason…

”This place has some of the best schools around sis,” Lucy reminded her.”It would all pay off in the end. It would be the space that you and Peter need. And hey, you can always spend some more time with Emery!” She chuckled, even though the little girl stole the show more than half the time anyway. Things went quiet again for a long moment before Sinead spoke up again, stating that Lucy and Gwen were right. Lucy nodded her head in understanding when Sin said there was a lot to think about. There certainly was. The conversation too a turn that seemed to reveal the underlining issue, Peter. Lucy’s brow furrowed gently as she continued to watch her sister very closely. Opening her mouth, she was about to ask more about Peter when Sinead shook her head quickly and scoffed at herself.
madelaine-petsch-photoshoot-for-ELLE-Magazine-002.jpg
Lucy closed her lips gently, not wanting to turn back to a topic that Sinead didn’t want to talk about anymore now that she had changed the subject. Gwen had been quietly listening to Sinead’s every word and was curious by what her friend had said at the very end, about her husband. She wondered if everything was alright with them before the conversation was turned onto her. The redhead’s cheeks turned a light pink as Sinead spoke of the club. When it was revealed that she would be returning to the club, Gwen clapped her hands together a few times and let out a happy squeal, ”Oh yay!” On the subject of how things were going, Gwen beamed.

”Business is definitely booming right now.” Her cheeks darkened as Sinead informed her what Kev had said, ”Oh only a few,” She said bashfully as she waved her hand out as if to say, oh stop Lucy perked up and she nodded her head at her sisters question. ”Oh yes, we had the best time there. Gwen was singing there too! You were very good!” She complimented Gwen, to which she brightly smiled.”Its been crazy, especially since I’ve been working double the amount to cover for you,” She looked to Sin. ”But I feel like the stage is where I can really…be me.” There was a small pause in the conversation before Gwen sighed happily and looked to Sinead, ”My time in the spotlight will be over once you get back on stage.” She said, ”Nothing compares to Sin’s voice!”
with: Sinead Misty Gray Misty Gray
mentions:

Kennedy Sullivan

Kennedy flashed his teeth at Evelyn, a special edition in his smile box, and a small exchange of their gazes as an answer to her rather annoyed demeanour, before he turned his attention over to the other two women next to her, addressing them by their names: "Aliana, Blake, a pleasure to meet you as well." Then it was time for him to listen and take a virtual step back, hopefully having Nathan handle the situation as he intended to.

As the explanation from all sides went on, Kennedy did not show any reaction nor emotions, making it most likely hard for the 'offenders' to see what he thought of the situation, he did not plan to intervene still as he trusted in Nathan's and the other ladies' capabilities to handle the situation. His attention was drawn to his and Nathan's back rather, in case of this being an ambush or a set up by that foreign pair to them. His jacket was still unbuttoned and his holster stuck out slightly to have his weapon reachable whenever necessary.

All hints pointed to a positive outcome after all, as the thieves who seek attention will get what they desired thanks to Nathan and the ladies who stopped them from stealing appeared to be satisfied more or less. Aliana had a certain scent of anger laying around her in an aura if one could say so, but Kennedy knew better than to ask what had happened here before him and the bodyguard arrived.

Thinking about it, he just noticed the gaze Nathan had given the female stranger and felt clearly the affection which was directed towards her. Ken did not know if that was a good sign, after all, they weren't really on their good side due to their attention seeking, but once more he decided to stay silent for today. "Take care Nathan, I'll move back inside with the ladies as well and get a good bite finally. Maybe Miss McKenna might even enlighten me on her secrets to managing but that may be another story", he teased towards the attractive woman as he adjusted his jacket that way his holster was no longer plain visible. "Shall we go, ladies?", he asked as he moved, not waiting for any response or arguments, he was eager to finally get something to eat, with or without companions. He entered through the door and addressed Evelyn once more as they made their way into the restaurant: "You had a very authoritarian way out there, impressive...or funny, I can not decide. You kno.-" Before he could continue the next rounds were fired into the windows, which immediately shattered and left chaos behind.

Now there was no time to hesitate, his hand shoved the part of his jacket away which covered his holster and quickly pulled out his service pistol, a firm and neatly cleaned M1911. As soon as he readied it up to shoot, his finger hovered over the trigger, not touching it yet though as he did not create visuals with the shooter. His body moved and turned towards the main entrance, which is still quite in some distance, he tried to stand as broad as possible to get a proper shooting stance against anyone entering the restaurant violently. "Where's the nearest safe room?!" He barked at no one explicitly, having his weapon half raised towards the source of the gunshots, though he did not take aim yet, due to the guests and their growing panic and shouting.

Pyroclast Pyroclast ; LateForDinner LateForDinner ; Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Bellz Bellz ; Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

Saoirse Fitzgerald

1546967607237.pngSaoirse held her tongue as Evelyn told Nathan about her and Griffin being "troublemakers". She wasn't keen on being talked about in a patronising way, but it crossed her mind she was thinking that way because she was being spoke about to the attractive man who had now joined the group. When asked to promise she was done, Saoirse raised her hands in front, defensively. "Yes, I'm done. We've given the booze back to you and we won't trouble you ladies again," she assured her. "Not now you're going to get us a meeting with your boss," she was quick to add.

When Nathan then offered to take her and Griffin to talk about the matter, Saoirse briefly smiled, but she wasn't sure her reaction was purely because the man was willing to hear them out. It wasn't long before Griffin stepped in front of her and she had to stop herself from telling him off for it, knowing straight away what he was trying to do. It was his way of protecting her, especially after the abusive ex she had from years ago, but all the same, it didn't do her any favours when she was in the presence of men she was attracted to.

Saoirse was happy to accompany Nathan inside the restaurant and she linked arms with her brother as they walked. "It's good to meet you, Nathan," she politely told him. "Have you eaten here before?" she asked, but almost kicked herself at the question. Of course he must have - they'd seen him in the same place, with the Porters, weeks ago! They entered the restaurant through a side entrance and she was glad to hear the man was close to James Porter. It reassured her something might come of this whole evening. Once sat at the table, she looked to Griffin and let out a deep breath before looking to Nathan. "I'm Saoirse," she began, pausing to let her brother give his own name. "Earlier this year, our sister was shot and killed in a res--"

Saoirse's explanation was cut short by the sound of gunfire and screaming. It was some distance away from their table, but it was all enough to ring familiar with her. All of those months ago, the gunfire had been continual and relentless for what had felt like the longest of times. She could only anticipate more shots and that they might be directed to them at any second. "Griff, get down!" she screamed as she rushed out of her chair and down onto her knees, on the floor, to hopefully let the table shield her from any bullets. She covered her ears with her hands as she tried to block out the screams. All she could think of was seeing Bridget on the floor in a pool of her own blood. It had been months ago, but the memory of her sister's death remained as fresh as ever. "Make them stop!" she whispered.

Bellz Bellz (Griffin) LateForDinner LateForDinner (Nathan)

Griffin Fitzgerald
3f6912e70299d185fe5911c4631f8f2e.jpg
Griff was surprised that Saoirse hadn’t lost her patience with him yet for his behavior, he was very aware of what he was doing. His sister linked arms with him as they walked towards the door that lead back inside the restaurant. ”Yes very good to meet you.” Griff echoed Saoirse, casting a side glance her way in suspicion as they entered the restaurant. She asked Nathan if he had eaten here before. First she was all for hostility and now she was asking silly questions.

Choosing to stay quiet, he followed Nathan and his sister towards a table and once seated the introductions began. Griffin offered the man a smile as he introduced himself after Saoirse, ”I’m Griffin.” With that out of the way, Saoirse began to dive into the details of it all when gunfire and screaming bounced throughout the whole place. Griffin had froze on the spot but Saoirse was quick to act as she dove to the floor. Her screams to get down echoed in his ears and it took a moment for them to register. When it finally did hit him, he moved towards the ground as well, crouching under the table for cover and pulling on Saoirse’s arm to pull her close to him.

He could see the panic in her features as she covered her ears and his heart was sent into overdrive. ”Hey! Saoirse! Its going to be okay!” He called out to her as he crawled towards her. Adrenaline had kicked in and the fear he had initially felt was melting away fast. He pulled her further under the table and wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close to him as the gunfire continued and the screams wouldn’t let up. His head turned to look towards where Nathan was, seeing if he had ducked under the table as well. Regardless, Griff turned his head back around in search of a way out, determined not to lose another sister.

Looking out to see where the shooting was coming from, Griff couldn’t see much from his position under the table. He squeezed Saoirse tighter as he shifted, turning so that she was in the middle of the table now and he was on the outside of it. ”Its going to be okay! We are going to get out of here!” He told her, hoping that she could hear him over her hands and all the noise.
with: Saoirse Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Nathan LateForDinner LateForDinner

Sinead Callahan

1544915505201-png.514215
Sinead smiled when Gwen confirmed business at the club was going well, backing up the figures and Kev's assurances. She grinned at her friend's bashfulness, though she too shared the trait of getting embarrassed at compliments. She quickly nodded her head when Gwen mentioned she'd been working more to cover for her and she couldn't agree more with how good it felt to be up on stage. For Sinead, it was like everything in her heart and soul could be released through her music, whilst her mind was able to climb into a safe and wonderful place. "I hear ya, honey," she encouragingly agreed. It was her turn to blush when Gwen complimented her singing, but her bright smile faded slightly as she decided to speak business for a moment. "Oh, I don't know about that. You've got an amazing voice, Gwen, and I want you to keep performing at the club. When I do go back to work, I'll most likely be spending more time managing the place than singing there. I've got some gigs lined up in other clubs for the next few months. So, I was hoping you'd be able to keep some of those extra shifts you've picked up for me. What do you think?" She took another sip of wine. "Whilst you're filling the seats in my club, I can be out making more money in other venues," she pointed out. "Branching out and all that..." she said, looking to Lucy as she figured it showed her willingness to step out of her comfort zones.

"Do you ever invite your family to watch you sing, Gwen? What do they think?" she curiously asked. She didn't know too much about her friend's family, but had heard her mention her mother before, at least. "I bet they're really proud... I mean, they should be!" she assured her.

Bellz Bellz (Lucy, Gwen)

Ryan Donahue

Smoulder.jpgRight before turning past the corner the restaurant to the parking lot, Ryan saw a large body crash through the front door with frightening speed, causing the frame sudder as the wooden door struggled to remain on its hinges. Knowing that it could be only person, Ryan briefly scanned the parking lot for the borrowed Ford. As he quickly located it, he also saw a familiar figure near the side exit of All That Jazz on the opposite of the lot, looking around quizzically.

"THE CAR! GET IN THE CAR!" Ryan shouted as he waved his sidearm above his head to attract Rudolph's attention and signal the urgency of what he was saying. Only when he was a few strides away from the Fairlane did Ryan holster his reloaded firearm, as the lack of immediate danger had allowed his brain to start to process information instead of just reacting to it.

Having driven and tuned it up earlier, there was very little hesitation in Ryan's movements as he started the car and threw it in reverse to back out of the parking space, and then again to 1st, suddenly shifting the center of gravity backwards as the vehicle lurched forward towards the lot entrance and the street. Once on the street, Ryan told those that joined him what to look for, "Looking for a grey Pennant with a shot up tail, so eyes peeled!" With extra sets of eyes on the lookout, he was able to focus on the road, and making up for the over half a minute head start that the IWU had. Pressing the accelerator down hard, Ryan skipped 2nd gear, and shifted straight to 3rd as he weaved in and out of the Dublin traffic at a breakneck pace.

Misty Gray Misty Gray [Conor] Shireling Shireling [Rudy]
Mentions: Enzyme Enzyme [The Mouse] [Evan] [Jack]

Last edited:
Rudolph Meyers
Rudy Meyers.jpg"Jesus, Ryan, I leave you alone for ten fucking minutes and you've gotten yourself into a shootout!" Rudolph shouted to Ryan as he made a break for his Ford. Rudolph, without hesitation, slid across the hood of a nearby parked Bentley, setting off the car alarm as he flung himself into the rear passenger seat just in time to not be dragged by the car as it shot into reverse and hit the pavement. He closed the door with a thud and turned to Ryan, who explained the type of car they were looking for and how to identify it.

"Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, Ryan -- slow the fuck down. You're gonna get us killed," Rudy protested as they very nearly missed clipping a slow-moving sedan. "Who are these people shooting up our neck of the woods anyways?" Before he had even asked the question, he was pretty sure he knew the answer: IWU.

Misty Gray Misty Gray Fletchawk Fletchawk

Aldous Penshurst
lawyergc.jpgWhen the first shot sounded, Aldous's soldier reflexes forced his muscles into motion and he scrambled for cover behind a thick bench. It was from cover that he saw Leo's body crumple and fall to the floor, a bullet hole in the forehead. Grimacing, he moved to render whatever assistance he could. When the second and third shots rang out, he ducked back behind his bench. The short period of chaos was broken by the sound of squealing tires and then seven quick, sharp shots in rapid succession. In another thirty seconds, a second set of tires had peeled out and the exterior of the building was quiet. Inside, people were beginning to look out from their hiding places under the tables, if they hadn't already bolted for the doors.

Aldous crouched and walked over to Leo's body, crunching little pieces of glass under his loafers. First he checked the pulse, nothing. He closed the eyes, trying not to get any of the blood ballooning out from the gaping wound on his hands. This was the second time in several months he had been tending to the dead or dying, nasty business that he had hoped he had left behind in the Army days. He noticed there was now a policeman of some sort moving towards the entrance, and he stood out and to the side of Kennedy.

"I think they're gone, officer." Aldous said, not quite recognizing him.

mpower mpower

Jack Brady
agitator3.jpgJack was satisfied that they were leaving, having thought the whole exercise pointless anyways. When he watched Mick reaching for his pistol, he couldn't react in time to stop him. The first shot caused a ringing in his ears, as he still wasn't accustomed to gunfire. The second and third caused him to jump as he beelined for their car and piled in. The sound of rounds pinging on the back of the car caused him to double over, trying to get his head free of the rear glass. When they were safely, or at least what he assumed to be safely, out of range of the Porters he turned about to Mickey and, without hesitation, cold-cocked him in the forehead.

"What the fuck was that, Mickey?!" He demanded, holding the now-protracted switchblade out angrily at the man.

Misty Gray Misty Gray Enzyme Enzyme

Nathan Bennett
Armie_3.pngThe tension between the trio began to ease as they spoke more openly. It was clear that they felt relieved in someone taking the time to hear them out. Nathan glanced up to Saoirse as she introduced herself, along with her brother. He laughed at the silly question and nodded in response. "Well, I've been here before, but I've never actually had the chance to eat. Maybe this time, huh?" He let out another laugh as he gave his answer. It made him truly wonder how two pleasant individuals could get into serious trouble. The situation made him realise that they were desperate; as well as James needing to hear them out. But for now, the marksman would do.

Once the young girl started her story, he frowned with sympathy. She had only gotten a few words in before he realised how deep the wound went. "So, this is more serious than I tho-" His words were cut off by the overwhelming rain of bullets flying through the window. They crashed through the window and pierced anything in their path. Nathan immediately leaned over the table to hopefully avoid the shots. "S-Stay down, you two!" His tone was strained and panicked. Despite his experience and dedication to the business, it didn't stop the bodyguard from reacting the same way. He was frightened and stressed, but he promptly reminded himself that he had a duty to fulfil. Thus, he gathered himself and moved to crouch under the table.

First things first; Nathan checked on his clients. "Saoirse? Griffin? You're both okay? Good. I'll be right back." He reassured them, despite the slightly sarcastic tone. His humour helped him cope with the stress. After ensuring their safety, he peaked his head out to the rest of the restaurant. Nathan overheard Kennedy coming into the restaurant before the onslaught of gunfire arrived. He had to find him. Nathan then reached for his firearm, glancing down to make sure it's loaded and ready. He wasn't sure if it was a good trait that he could prepare a gun so fast, but it's never been obsolete. It seemed like Nathan will never be escaping war. "Kennedy?! I'll say Marco, you say Polo!" He sighed, knowing that he wouldn't get such a response. The marksman quickly rushed out to an adjacent table, flipping it over as he aimed and attempted to get a decent shot lined up. "Will I ever get to fucking eat?"

Interactions & Mentions
Saoirse Fitzgerald; Misty Gray Misty Gray Griffin Fitzgerald; Bellz Bellz Kennedy Sullivan; mpower mpower Evelyn McKenna; Pyroclast Pyroclast Aliana; Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

Last edited:
Mickie Mckinely

Mickie shoved his head down into the backseat at the sound of returning gunfire. Once the shots ceased, Mickie shot back up and pushed his revolver out the now blown out back window. The men far out in the distance looked no bigger than a few inches. Nevertheless, Mickie laid down his aim. He fired out three bursts, causing the loud bangs to bounce off the walls of small the car. As Mickie went for a fourth shot, he was met with the clicking sound of a hollow chamber. He yanked his hand back inside the vehicle and flipped open the revolver, revealing that the cylinder was empty. He had seen the Porters jump into a car before he put his head back down, so he quickly tossed the revolver aside and moved for the car's concealed firearm.

Just as Mickie lifted his head off the backseat cushion, he felt Jack's knuckles smash against his forehead. The back of his head smacked against the soft fabric, and when he opened his eyes, he was face to face with the point of a switchblade, centimeters from his top lip. Contrasting with Jack's grim and furious expression, Mickie grew a wicked smile and lowered his eyebrows. "I was keepin' our name from being soiled."

His hand slapped down to Jack's wrist and forced the blade from the journalist's grip. He then grabbed a handful of Jack's hair and his collared shirt, pulling him from the front seat and yanking Jack into his own body. Mickie threw his beefy arm around Jack's neck in a headlock and used his other to search for the concealed firearm in the slide between the passenger seat and the center console.

"We're all in this together, lad!" He shouted with enthusiasm as he pulled out the Micro Uzi. He used his leg to secure the magazine in and then, keeping Jack in a headlock, he used the bottom of his fist to slap the slide into place. "You gotta get your hands dirty if you wanna run wit' the dogs!" He laughed over the whipping wind, rushing through the shot out windows.

The Porter car was catching up quickly, zipping in and out of traffic to get close to the Pennant. Mickie leaned back into his seat and forcefully wrapped Jack's hand around the Micro Uzi with his own while keeping a strong hold around Jack's neck. He pushed the Uzi towards the window until just the barrel was sticking out. Civilian cars were blocking their shot, their loud honks quickly becoming distant murmurs as they were passed by. "When they get close enough, we're gonna sweep across their car and plug 'em all!" The Porter car was getting closer and closer in the lane beside them; it's front tire almost inline with the Pennant's back. "It'll be beautiful! We'll light them up like a Christmas tree!"

Misty Gray Misty Gray (Evan/Conor) Shireling Shireling (Jack/Rudy) Fletchawk Fletchawk (Ryan)

Last edited:
Lucy Porter
Gwen Sheehan
madelaine-petsch-photoshoot-for-ELLE-Magazine-002.jpg
Gwen once again blushed as Sinead complimented her voice saying that she wanted to have her keep performing at the club. When told that Sinead would be managing more than singing, Gwen nodded firmly once, understanding that the woman also had a business to run. A smile grew on her face slowly as her boss and friend revealed that she wanted her to keep the extra shifts, ”Well of course I’ll keep them!” She said happily, she was smiling so widely that her cheeks were beginning to hurt. Lucy listened silently as the two women talked business about the jazz club. She was quite impressed with the way her sister was handling things, making very wise decisions about how to run her business. It made her happy to know that she was going to take some of Lucy’s advice to branch out, knowing that it would do her some good to do so. Sinead would have all the protection she needed and more right at her disposal to make her feel as comfortable as possible. The blonde smiled and nodded her head a few times when her sister looked her way before reaching for her water glass and taking another long sip.

The conversation was turned back to Gwen and the question that was asked caught her off guard, but she knew it was likely to happen sooner rather than later. Her smile began to fade as she looked to the two women. She grabbed her glass but didn’t move to take a drink from it, instead she glanced down at the warm honey liquid and bit her lip. ”Ah well, they sometimes show up unexpectedly..” She murmured, thinking back to when James and Lucy had been sitting in the club while she performed. For some reason, the redhead decided to keep the rest of the information and terribly long backstory about her past a secret for now. She felt wrong for saying anything about it now, especially when things were just about to kick off with the club and Sinead.
with: Sinead Misty Gray Misty Gray
mentions:

Ryan Donahue

Jumpy drive.gifBack in Chicago, Ryan had been a regular visitor of the many car races that happened at Speedway Park in Blue Island, and participated occasionally in the 'unofficial' races near the state border. While competing in these high speed, high-stake environment was thrilling, it was more of an excuse to drive unbridled and to exercise his skills rather than winning. Having had so few opportunities in past several months to fulfill this hobby, there had been a certain itch that had developed and was now being scratched, as could be seen by the slight grin that had unknowingly appeared on Ryan's face.

The busy Dublin afternoon traffic made it difficult for Ryan to maintain a constant speed as he searched for a path through the cars. Still, after being very liberal with the horn, aggressive driving, and a few tight squeezes, the peppered rear of the IWU's Pennant could be seen ahead of them a few moments later. "There! At the twelve!" Ryan said loudly enough to draw the attention of his cohorts. With the target in sight, Ryan did his best to close the distance as he continued to make the Fairlane expertly shimmy through the traffic between them.

It took a couple of minutes and some more creative driving, but the Ford was able to finally outpace the IWU vehicle and was gradually coming upon the left side of gray IWU wagon. While Ryan was sure that Conor and Rudy knew how to handle a gun, he also see that the Pennant held more people, and was more than willing to bet that they were all armed. As thrilling as it would be to line up next to each other and unload like the sea battles of yore, Ryan decided that he'd would rather not like to be on receiving end of such a barrage, especially since he'd likely have most of it directed at him specifically.

Thinking up a rough course of action, Ryan warned his compatriots, "Batten down the hatches, boys! We're gonna give them a lil' kiss!"

And so, as the front of the Fairlane aligned with the Pennant's rear, he firmly shifted the steering wheel right, causing the Ford to come into contact with the full IWU car. At that moment, Ryan pushed the engine harder, and nerfed the opposing vehicle harder to make it's rear tire lose traction. Given that both of the cars were going almost twice the road's speed limit, effect of losing traction was abrupt and immediate as the wounded car started to fishtail. As the IWU were drifting to right, the Ford continued to push into it as so it would not be able to course correct and escape.

Once it clear was sure that the IWU past the point of no return, Ryan let off the accelerator, and shifted out of gear so he could brake and come to a stop shortly after. Meanwhile, the Pennant had been going too fast to stop it's drift in time to avoid running into the parked cars that lined the sidewalk. Hitting the side of one of these said cars resulted in a sickening crunch that quickly sapped the vehicle's speed. What little momentum the IWU's vehicle had left afterwards then rebounded it backwards, into the roadway, clipping the back of the Ford as it passed, shearing off it's bumper. The screeching of tires on asphalt could be heard as the cars that they'd passed mere moments ago now braked suddenly to avoid hitting the grey vehicle that now blocked that side of the roadway.

While secondary contact with the Pennant caused Ryan to fishtail as well, he was able to avoid hitting anything as car had already been decelerating, but sudden momentum change had brought them about-face. With the IWU currently in front of them at about twenty yards away, Ryan had frozen while the adrenaline coursing through his heart made it pound against his ribcage. The sudden orientation change had been jarring, and having not planned this far ahead, he needed a moment to take in what just happened.

Enzyme Enzyme [Mickie] Shireling Shireling [Rudy + Jack] Misty Gray Misty Gray [Conor + Evan]
IWU Pennant is sideways, blocking two lanes. The Mob vehicle is facing the Pennant at about 60ft(18m) away.
People positions before impact:
IWU
Driver - Evan?
Backseat - (Driver Side - Mickie)(Middle - Jack)(Passenger Side - IWU Thug)
Mob
Driver - Ryan
Shotgun - Conor
Backseat - Rudolph

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back