• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A Family Affair: The Irish Mob - IC (Ended)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
1546211137868.png Adam Morgan

Adam stared at the pretty woman, sure that she was looking back at him, even smiling. When she spoke to him, he barely recognised her voice - it didn't carry its usual menace, but came out unexpectedly gentle. Rather than answer her question he continued to gaze at her, his vision slipping in and out of focus so that any details he noticed of her features were quickly lost again. By the time Gideon responded to him, Adam had forgotten what they were talking about.

"Let go," he echoed softly as he tried to follow the man's words. The room around him had become a blur and he let his eyes close, forgetting all about the woman for now. It seemed easy to let go of what he had once believed and known when the contents of his weary mind were becoming harder and harder to hold onto, rapidly being replaced with every word that Gideon spoke. The isolation and torture that he had suffered in the last three weeks had done its part in disconnecting him from the outside world and at this stage he was feeling detached from everyone and everything, from his past feelings for Mallory and the Armstrongs to the comfort of his family home. Those memories didn't seem to belong to him anymore.

At mention of his father, Adam's eyes opened once more and he found himself facing the man, who now sat behind the desk. "Yessir," he slurred, with a slight nod. Doing his late father proud was the only thing he was still sure he wanted. Gideon then told him he was destined to be at the forefront of a revolution and that he would be playing an important role in taking down the Porter family. Adam didn't have the energy to ask further questions, but the man's demands didn't stir any anxiety or doubt in him. The struggle to stay conscious left him no room to feel any fear."You've got it...brother," he uttered, closing his eyes again as the room began to sway about him. Blood continued to pulse from his open wound and any more words were lost on him for the loud, heavy pounding in his head. A sudden rush of nausea rose up in him and he grimaced, curling his fingers around the tips of the chair's arms in one last attempt to stay upright. But it was in vain - his injuries had got the better of him and he fell forwards, his chair skidding out from underneath him as he hit the floor, already unconscious.

Interactions
Enzyme Enzyme Gideon
Bellz Bellz Minnie

Jackson McCarthy

7ba6dfe92dfc9d92a6768b2406b4b52d.jpg
After James' final words, Jackson watched the men pick John up off the ground. His leg made a crinkle sound and bent into an unnatural shape, causing him to scream once more. The men dragging him paid no notice and pulled him into an adjoining room, his leg dragging limply behind. Jackson followed the men until the door closed, his eyesight lingering in the same spot for a few seconds. He let out an exasperated sigh, resting his hands on his hips. "I needa' drink," he muttered, walking past the two and back up the stairs.

Jackson wandered to the bar in the living room, helping himself behind the counter. Pulling open the cabinet, he was met with a shelf full of expensive boozes. "Now where are ya'..." Jackson mumbled to himself as he pushed bottles out of the way. Hiding behind a container of scotch was a bottle of Jameson. Jackson's hand wrapped around the neck and pulled it out of the cabinet, examining it briefly.

Jameson had always been Jackson and Blakes' go-to beverage. The sight of the bottle tended to pull her back to the front of his mind, where she'd linger along with the aftertaste. He made an unspoken commitment that the bottle was exclusively their brand, but he decided to break the rules, considering she wasn't around to see him. His hand found it's a way to the cap, where he twisted it off eagerly. Pressing the bottle to his lips, he took a small sip. The concise cringe acknowledged how bitter it was; just his taste. He found a spare glass and shoveled in ice from the cooler. He then filled it halfway, plopping a lime peel in as the final touch.

As he moved out from behind the bar, he heard muffled shouting coming from the sitting room. He took a small sip from the glass and stepped closure, able to make out the voice as Peter. His curiosity peaked, and he reached for the handle.

giphy.gif
He opened up the door just as Sinny uttered her last words. Peter and his wife appeared to be in a heated argument, Sinead's cheeks stained with tears. There was a pause where the two didn't seem to notice him, and he could easily slip away. Instead, Jackson stood still and allowed their eyes to find him. He looked to both of them, lowering his glass.

"A happy-go-lucky sailor with a wife and kids leads a normal life until a storm pulls his boat too far out to sea and he vanishes." Jackson's eyes trailed up the tall bookcases that encased them. "When he finally drags himself back from the abyss, he is completely unrecognizable, his once bright smile replaced with a dull frown; for he had done things, seen things no one should ever have to." His eyes flickered to Peter, his stare unwavering. "The very foundation of who he was had changed forever. The worst of it all, the ones he cared for the most would never understand what happened to their dear, sweet sailor." He took another sip and smacked his lips. "Tale as old as time. Believe it or not, it was pretty popular back in the orphanage."

Jackson moved to take a seat on the cushioned chair, separate from the couch. "Imagine that," He chuckled. "They have no better story to tell to a buncha' kids than how an unforgiving world fucked up a man's peaceful life and flipped him upside down." Jackson waved the glass in the air, trying to refresh his memory. "If I remember correctly, it was up to the sailor to put the pieces back together. I don't fuckin' know," Jackson admitted. "It's all..." He whirled his hand beside his head, expressing that his memory was shot.

Misty Gray Misty Gray (Sinead) Bellz Bellz (Peter)

Mentioned: Bellz Bellz (Blake)

Last edited:
1546136798195.png Syd Porter

The accountant quivered under the threat of Jackson's pistol, really believing that he was about to die. Syd scoffed at his desperate attempts to bargain for freedom - he seemed like a man of empty promises, and it sounded wildly unbelievable that he would get the money to them within the week. Although he was sure Jackson wouldn't kill him, he also knew that John wouldn't get a second chance. Especially after James had given so many chances to the Duncans. Still, he flinched when Jackson pulled the trigger, having forgotten that he had run out of bullets.

Syd watched as Jackson moved towards the stack of weights. He grinned at his words, anticipating the loud collision and John's inevitable scream. To see the man writhing in pain actually made him feel better - there had been many opportunities for this job to end in disaster, but despite the injuries and stress they had suffered along the way, Syd felt at least satisfied that they had got what they went out for. As the man was dragged from the room, Syd nodded to Jackson and then turned to his father. He let out an exasperated smile before his face fell serious once again.

"He'd better fucking pay up after all that," he muttered, getting to his feet with some effort. "Jackson's car's in a right state. I hope he'll let me fix it...It's kind of my fault." He raked a hand through his hair as he reflected on the evening's events, careful to avoid his tender facial wounds. Although he was still a bit on edge from the whole thing, it was strange now to remember the exhilaration of aiming his gun at a room full of people. Shaking his head, he moved his hand back to hold his arm and looked up to James again. "Guess we'll have to face mam soon," he smirked. "Are the Duncans all dead, then? Have you wiped your hands of them once and for all?"

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray - James

Saoirse Fitzgerald

1544976957577-png.514428
Griffin had been holding onto Saoirse's arm, trying to keep her moving quickly. The heavy bag on her shoulders had hindered her escape, making her slower on her feet than she normally would have been. She contemplated dumping the bag on the floor to aid their escape, but then she reminded herself that the whole thing wasn't about getting away. This was about confronting the Porters. She didn't get the chance to act upon any of her thoughts before she felt someone grab her shoulder. Saoirse stumbled slightly before spinning around to face Evelyn. The bottle her brother dropped caused her to flinch, but she then looked back to Evelyn. "Get your hand off of me!" she protested to the woman.

Soon enough, two more women joined them, with the blonde one aiming her gun at Saoirse and Griffin. When she was once again ordered to give the bottles back, Saoirse was tempted to just let the lot of it fall and smash on the ground, but the gun pointing at her made her less inclined to make any questionable moves. Her brother spoke up first, explaining that they'd wanted to get the Porters' attention for some time, to which she quickly nodded her head. Her brother was always the more sensible and reasonable one whilst she never could keep her mouth shut, which Saoirse often figured was the reason she received so much abuse from their parents and teachers.

"Why are you so protective over a few bottles of booze anyway? It's not like you all don't make enough money," Saoirse said, staring at Blake as she spoke. She then took a deep breath, remembering she had a gun pointed at her and that she was in no way invincible. "My brother is telling the truth," she relented, now becoming quite uncomfortable staring down the barrel of a gun. At least it had all been too fast for Bridget and the poor woman had been spared the fear of gazing upon the weapon that would go on to end her life. "We..." Saoirse began, mentally berating herself for almost letting her emotions take over. Now was the time to be strong. "We want to speak with your boss. Mr. Porter," she assertively told the three women. "We pay money to you lot in return for protection, yet my sister was gunned down in a restaurant where your boss and his men sat dining. I know the Porters were not responsible for her death and I know you lost one of your own too," she said, thinking back to Thomas Dempsey, whose funeral had taken place at the church she used to volunteer at. "We want to know what you're all going to do for us now. I want to know who killed my sister and I want them dealt with!" she said, her voice reflecting the anger she'd been bottling up for some time. Meanwhile, she slowly reached her hand out, hoping to grasp her brother's. She only hoped they wouldn't hurt Griffin for her own actions. "My brother was just trying to stop me."

Bellz Bellz (Griffin, Blake) Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Aliana) Pyroclast Pyroclast (Evelyn)

James Porter

1546273662430.pngJames watched as John was dragged out of the room by the two guards. His eyes then fell on Jackson, sending the man a nod, reflecting his approval for how everything had gone down with John. He knew that men like Jackson were difficult to find and was glad to work alongside him. Soon enough, the only two people left in the basement gym were James and Syd. It was clear his son's evening had been quite a testing and eventful one, which made it all the more telling that the lad had kept himself placed firmly in the centre of John's 'interrogation' rather than retreat to tend to his own wounds.

James nodded his head in agreement when Syd said John had better pay up. "If he doesn't, he's a dead man," he flatly informed Syd as he hooked the metal bar back onto the storage rack. "I gave him a chance and he'd better respect that... Besides which, I couldn't have killed him," he said, turning to look at his son. "I don't have much control in Drogheda, so if John were to go missing after last been seen with you, Jackson and Pete... Well, I imagine there were plenty of witnesses there tonight," he pointed out.

"Don't lose any sleep over the car, Syd. You went out on the job and got the desired result in the end. What you can do, when you've slept on it, is identify what you could have done better and learn from it. You're old enough to learn from your own mistakes without me giving you a lecture about it." He then smirked at mention of Lucy. "Your mother, however... I'm not standing in her way if she wants to have a go," he teased.

When asked if the Duncans were dead, James quirked an eyebrow at the question. It wasn't so much the question itself, as given different circumstances, the men would have been killed. It was more the way it was asked - perhaps too casual. The last thing James wanted was for Syd to become too much like himself, especially his younger self. Back in Chicago, James had killed so many people that's he'd lost count. He'd done so without hesitation nor any sign of remorse. There had been no consideration for his own life nor for the lives he was taking. He didn't want Syd to become the same kind of cold-blooded killer. "The Duncans are still alive, but only just," he answered his son. "With John and the Duncans... Five men could be dead right now and all on my word. Just because I have the means and power to get away with it, it doesn't mean I should just snap my fingers and wipe out entire lives. Conor promised Johaan we wouldn't kill the Duncans and I chose to honour your uncle's word. And, Johaan and Richard have fucked up massively, but I decided they deserve one final chance before I rob their children of fathers." James thought back to the suffering he and the Sullivans had gone through at the hands of the Romanos. "You've heard plenty about Vinnie Romano by now. The moment I stop showing any kind of mercy, I'll know I'm not better than he was."

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Syd)

Mickie Mckinely

Mickie watched Leo's lanky figure appear from the side of the restaurant. He kept his stare, picking up a toothpick off of the greeter's podium and shoving it between his teeth. When Leo approached them and asked how he could help them, he gave Leo a smile. "Actually, lad, it's how we can help you." Mickie stood up straight, leaning his elbow against the table. He looked to Evan behind him, who appeared to be surveying the restaurant. Seeing that his boss was alert, he turned his attention back to Leo.

"We noticed that your protection contract wit' the Porters ends this month and we was' hopin' we could getcha' to reconsider." Mickie's felt the weight of his revolver bounce against his chest as he fanned his coat, no doubt exposing it to Leo briefly.

"See," he adjusted his weight, shifting both arms to the table. "You're practically family wit' the Porters, you and your sister. If you don't sign on, they won't hurt yous. Us, however, we aren't family. Along wit' what we offer as business partners, no one has to get hurt."

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Leo) Misty Gray Misty Gray (Evan) Shireling Shireling (jack)

Near: Misty Gray Misty Gray (Conor) Fletchawk Fletchawk (Ryan)

Ryan Donahue

Having more than enough emotional moments for one day, Ryan was glad that it was coming to to a close. He leaned back against the booth when Conor mentioned reigniting their friendship as a wave of nostalgia washed over him. Old memories, foggy from the passage of time, drifted into his head. Even though the 4 and a half years of age difference between didn't seem to matter much now, it did when they last on friendly terms. During his younger years, Conor had only been an occasional appearance, whenever Sinead had been able to drag him along. Otherwise, it had mostly just the two youngest Sullivans that Ryan spent time with. It wasn't until he'd gotten much older and was helping out in the Mob's garage that Ryan really started to connect with his older peers, Conor and James. James had become more of a mentor as they shared similar interests, and Conor was, well, Conor. It was obvious now that Conor was a bit of a rebel, not taking strongly to responsibility that was forced on him. This along with his strength and natural charisma, made it easy to gravitate towards him as a sort of idol in the eyes of a teenager. Ryan being a regular at the Sullivan Manor made it easy for the two men bond once they came to a maturity that age mattered less.

Contemplative Drink.jpgHis thoughts were interrupted as the waitress returned with his beer, of which, Ryan took a swig before he formulated his words. "It's been 10 years. That's long time to cover, Conor," Ryan paused as he took another swig of beer, "I mean, we're going to need a lot of whiskey. Do you think there's enough for the two us in Dublin?" he finished as he cracked a smile. The smile soon turned into a chuckle and eventually into a stifled laugh. A brief moment later, Ryan brought himself under control and spoke again as he slid to get up from the booth, "But first," he said as he made a show of his dirtied arms, "I should probably wash up, so I'm going to hit the head." Ryan said as he turned to scan the restaurant for the restroom. It didn't take long to see it on the other side of the eating area, along with the three men standing by the hostess' podium. Initially, Ryan didn't think much of them, but as he crossed the area, the men continued to hold his attention. When a man, whom Ryan recognized but could not remember his name, was clearly not the hostess came to meet the trio, his pace slowed. Something in his head, distracted by personal affairs, was telling him that they didn't belong. After a brief internal argument on whether to butt in or not, Ryan changed course and soon came up behind the man that he'd seen at the Porters' Manor before.

"Is everything alright here, sir?" Ryan asked, his tone hardened, alluding a rough confidence. Stepping to the side so he had clear vision of all three men, Ryan also kept a cautious few strides distance from them.

Misty Gray Misty Gray [Conor] Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess [______] Enzyme Enzyme Shireling Shireling [Thuglings]

Last edited:
Peter Callahan
24a8409e6592cfcf28aba306a071ef03.jpg
There was no denying that Peter felt horrible for having yelled at his wife. But there was a rage inside of him that he was finding hard to control. She just wasn't getting where he was coming from. Everything that made him unhappy somehow came back around in full circle to her, that she was the problem. Peter had tried time and time again to explain to her that it wasn't her fault...this was just who he was now. Instead of responding to her as she watched him pour a drink. He chose to keep quiet now, wanting to end the argument before it got the whole house involved. Unfortunately, their argument hadn't gone unnoticed and Peter's attention was shifted from Sinead, to Jackson who was looking at them both with a drink in his hand.

Despite the tension between them early, Peter made no move to stop the man as he spoke. The words coming from his lips at first puzzled the man. He spoke of a sailor, a happy one who had everything that he could have ever wanted. Peter found himself staring back at the man as he seemed to be connecting the story to Peter's situation. When he spoke of the sailors loved ones not understanding what happened, the blonde man's eyes darted to his wife. Tracing every feature with his eyes, even the damp trail of tears that ran down her cheeks, he found himself calming down. A twisted smile curled up on his lips as Jackson spoke about the story being popular in his orphanage.

That was definitely something they both had in common, they were orphans. Sinead didn't know what that was like, and for a time, Peter didn't expect her to understand anything. Now things were different, Peter had changed and there was no going back..as much as Sinead wanted it to.. "Huh? I never heard that one before...the sisters never really encouraged story time in my orphanage.." His tone was thoughtful. Despite his words, Peter had gotten the message loud and clear. His eyes once again found Sinead and he stood up slowly before walking to stand in front of her..."I'm sorry okay? I just...this is really important to me. The things is, you make me the luckiest man in the world and I just want to be able to provide for you..." The man shuffled on his feet awkwardly before deciding to crouch down. "The whole job all I wanted to do was come home to you..."

with: Sinead Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Jackson Enzyme Enzyme

Sinead Callahan

1546125776429-png.519709
Sinead had expected answers to her questions, to know if Peter really did want them to move to a new house. She wasn't sure if he would have, but he was spared the ordeal for the time-being, as they were soon joined by Jackson. Sensing the man's presence, Sinead looked over her should to see him standing with a glass in his hand. She quickly looked away, using the back of her hand to wipe away her tears but only really succeeding in spreading the liquid further across her rosy cheeks. As he started his story about the sailor, Sinead looked over her shoulder again and sent her friend a soft, sheepish smile. The whole situation was uncomfortable enough for her, so she could only imagine how awkward Jackson must have felt walking in on the argument.

As Jackson continued with his tale, Sinead recognised its parallels with Peter's ordeal. She turned her body enough that she could look to Jackson and not come across as ignoring him. All the while, her hand reached for the brandy and poured another drink from the bottle, not giving much thought to how much she hated the drink. She was about to torture herself with another taste of the alcohol when there was mention of the orphanage; a place she didn't have in common with the two men but one she knew had shaped their entire childhoods. It was one of the reasons she always believed Peter was happy with having such a close family but also something she acknowledged she could never truly understand, just like his time in prison. "Did you ever hear how the story ended, Jackson?" Sinead began, placing the half-filled glass down on the cabinet shelf. "I'm sure it was up to the sailor to piece himself together, but I hope his wife and children at least tried to help him. I hope he knew how much they still loved him and had always wished for the day he would come home."

When Peter approached her, Sinead took a deep breath, with her heart still beating hard in her chest from their argument she was unsure how much more upset she could take. When he told her how important it was for him to provide for her, she slowly nodded her head, realising she wouldn't change his mind and she needed to respect his decision. After all, she'd been on the receiving end of having her freedom and independence taken from her at one time. She couldn't be the one to do the same to Peter. When he crouched down, she quickly shook her head and urged him to stand up straight. He said the whole job he had wanted to come home to her she was glad to hear that, to know he had the motivation to make it back home and therefore not take too many risks. Sinead cleared her throat and picked up the glass of brandy before holding it out to Peter. "I never did like this stuff and I shouldn't waste it," she told him, studying his injured face closer and sighing. Without further word, she walked out of the lounge and left the two men there.

Soon enough, Sinead returned to the room with some towels in one hand and a bowl of ice in her other. If he wasn't already, she beckoned Peter to sit back down on the sofa. "Finn needs a little time to himself right now, so I'm afraid you're stuck with me." She struggled to drag the coffee table closer to both Peter and Jackson, then passed the two men a hand towel each. "Get some ice for those bruises, if you need it. I don't know - I'm not a doctor," she said, rolling her eyes. She then sat herself on the sofa next to Peter and began to gently clean the cuts on his face with a clean, damp cloth. The small amount of blood still managed to make her cringe a little, but it wasn't enough to make her too uncomfortable or nauseous. "I might not always be at home to do this..." she calmly informed him. "I'm going to start working again too. Not just managing the club, but singing," she informed him. "But whatever I'm doing, can you both make sure you always make it back home?" she said, sending both Peter and Jackson an assertive glare.

Enzyme Enzyme (Jackson) Bellz Bellz (Peter)

Last edited:
Conor Sullivan and Evan Shaw

1544915473340-png.514213
Conor was aware that Ryan's initial friendship had been with his younger siblings, Sinead and Carrick. The youngest of the Sullivan siblings had gone off to college and chose not to move to Dublin with the family all of those years ago. Whilst Conor had got along with his little brother, he'd always been aware of the disdain the lad had for their father and the family business. Even more so, he'd seen how cold Carrick eventually started acting towards Sinead and he never did like that about his little brother. Nevertheless, it perhaps helped to pave the way for Conor and Ryan to form their own friendship once the latter was a little older.

"10 years? I'm sure we can make a good go of it," Conor said, letting out one of his trademark chuckles. "Oh, we'll make sure there's enough whiskey. I'll get Evelyn to bring in extra shipments... I just hope you can handle it, mate. You'd be on the fruit juice if you were still hanging out with Carrick," he noted, recalling his brother's disinterest in alcohol. Conor then picked up his burger and took a large bite out of it, continuing to eat as Ryan spoke of getting himself cleaned up. He nodded his head and swallowed the food before replying. "Best be quick. If your food is brought out while you're gone, I'm making no promises it'll still be here waiting for you."

As he continued to eat, Conor took the alone time to do a spot of people-watching. His eyes eventually fell back on Ryan who had since stopped near the hostess' podium where three other men seemed to be talking with Leo. His curiosity meant Conor kept his eyes on the scene, observing the interaction...

1546208978068-png.520122
Evan nodded in agreement as Mickie explained to Leo the purpose of their visit. He caught a glimpse of his friend's gun which Leo had likely seen too, but expected it would serve to show the lad they were being deadly serious. Evan kept his eyes on the restaurant manager as Mickie continued to speak. Only once the man had finished talking did Evan decide to speak up with further encouragement. "This is a nice place you've got here. Classy whilst being family friendly," he said, making a point of looking at one particular table where a family with children were sat eating. He then directed his focus back to Leo and flashed him a bright smile that could come across as slightly odd given the topic at hand. "A nice place like this was attacked a few months back. The Porters were there and failed to stop those innocents from being killed." Evan's facial expression turned to that of seemingly genuine sadness in respect of the aforementioned victims. He was well aware Tommy had been killed in the attack and expected it would be somewhat close to home for Leo. "We can make sure this place is the safest there is, whilst also boosting those takings of yours. You really should consider our offer," he said, a charismatic smile growing on his face as he turned his head to acknowledge Mickie.

Soon enough, Ryan stepped onto the scene and asked Leo if everything was okay. Having already sighted the man sitting with Conor, Evan was aware the newcomer's presence wasn't to be taken too lightly. Part of him was also curious to see how things would now develop now a man he believed to be an active member of Porter's mob was standing with them. Deciding to see how Leo answered the man's question, Evan held back from answering Ryan to inform them of their private business. Instead, he briefly looked over his shoulder and acknowledged Conor was presently still seated at his table tucking into his meal. Part of him was disappointed at the thought he still wouldn't get the opportunity to size up the man who he'd heard much about and who had once been the heir to the Sullivan empire.

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Leo) Enzyme Enzyme (Mickie) Fletchawk Fletchawk (Ryan)

Peter Callahan
Peter's brow raised lightly as Sinead held out the glass of brandy she had so hastily drank, the glass was still pretty full. Chuckling slightly, Peter took the glass before standing up slowly cringing slightly as his sore legs cracked and popped. Standing straight, he helped himself to finishing off the brandy as Sinead walked out of the lounge. Bringing the glass down, Peter glanced to Jackson for only a moment. He decided it was best to not say anything at the moment, realizing what he had done to the man during the job and assuming Jackson wanted his space. Luckily for him, Sinead returned quickly and Peter didn't feel the need to fill the silence any longer. Sitting at his wife's command, he listened as she spoke of Finn. He hadn't thought of the man during their argument, but he remembered that the doctor looked like shit...emotionally anyway.

Watching as Sinead moved the coffee table closer, he took the hand towel slowly. A small smirk formed on his lips as Sinny's usual sass returned, comforting him as she gently began to clean his face. Peter ground his teeth slightly as the damp towel stung the exposed skin, he let out a low hiss but clamped down on his lower lip, not wanting to worry Sinead. His eyes looked to her, noticing the way she cringed at the sight of blood. Peter wanted to tell her she didn't have to take care of him, especially after the way he had just treated her...

His eyes watered as she applied pressure to another cut, the stinging sensation felt like fire under the coolness of the cloth. Sinead informed him that she wouldn't always be home to take care of him like this...that she would be working again too. The slight twitch of his lips revealed a simple smile, more than pleased that his wife was returning to doing what she loved.

Her request of making sure they would always make it back home was an easy one. He didn't hesitate as his head bobbed up and down, "Yes Ma'am." Peter mumbled softly. He went silent for a moment as he thought about what could have happened tonight, had they not succeeded. He thought back to when he snapped at Jackson, the man was only trying to get the pigs off their backs...but Peter didn't want to go back. For Sinead, he would make sure he wouldn't.

"I'm not always on these jobs you know, if you need some help or just a pianist...I can be at the club."

with: Sinead Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Jackson Enzyme Enzyme

Sinead Callahan

1544915505201-png.514215
Sinead let out a sigh as she finally felt her heart beat slowing and her anxiety easing off. It had been awful arguing with Peter and them both yelling, but she felt it was the most they'd truly said to each other since he'd returned home. There was still the matter of him wanting to move to their own property that needed addressing, but she figured they'd have to return to it later, especially now they were both calm again, thanks to Jackson's intervention. She summoned a small smile when Peter agreed with her request for him to return home safely from his jobs, hoping such a thing would always be in his control.

When Peter told her he would help her at the club and mentioned playing the piano, her smile grew wider. It had been a long time since he'd played music with her, even before his arrest. It meant a lot to for him to offer that and she was sure by now he would know its significance. Her cheeks had blushed a little at her husband's gesture. She moved the cloth away from his face and set it down on the edge of the table. "All done," she softly told him, referring to the cleaning of his wounds. She briefly glanced to Jackson, checking he was holding up okay, before looking Peter in the eyes. "I would love for you to play with me again... on the piano, I mean. Kev is always saying he misses seeing you around the place," she explained. It suddenly dawned on her that she'd intended on seeing Lucy and Gwen, quite some time ago. "Oh, shoot! I'll leave you two to your drinks... I have to find Luce and Gwen..." she trailed off as she stood up and wiped away any excess moisture from her eyes. "I'll see you soon?" she asked Peter, meaning back at their own house before sleep. Before leaving the room, she walked by Jackson and ruffled his hair. "Thank you, honey," she told him, clearly referring to his kind intervention.

*****​

Sinead eventually tracked Lucy and Gwen down to the garden. Her sister appeared to have been putting some gardening tools away. Sinead also noticed Gwen and Aidan nearby, in her typical way, managing to pick up on something between her friend and the man, but not quite sure what. She would make sure to probe Gwen about that later. "Gwen! I'm so glad you made it," she said, giving her fellow redheaded friend a tight hug and a kiss on her cheek. "Sorry I didn't find you sooner. I don't even know where to begin..." she trailed off, recalling the emotional interactions she'd had with Ryan and then Peter.

Unsure if she was getting in the way of something, she soon focused her attention to her sister. "Lucy Porter!" Sinead suspiciously began, placing her hands on her hips in her standard sassy fashion. "Have you been out here gardening?!" she playfully berated her. "You really should be relaxing while you still can..." she remarked, pointing to Lucy's baby bump. "Do you need me to help with anything?" she asked. She was hoping to take her mind off her own troubles but also felt she owed her sister by now, considering Lucy had helped her during three pregnancies already.

Bellz Bellz (Peter, Lucy, Gwen) Enzyme Enzyme (Jackson)
Mention: Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford (Aidan) ?

Jackson McCarthy

7ba6dfe92dfc9d92a6768b2406b4b52d.jpg
Jackson watched as the argument deescalated as if a switch had been flicked. The couple appeared far softer towards each other, which he had anticipated between the two. Even with Peter's sudden aggression, the two had always held passive characteristics. While he had never seen them argue, and it seemed to be an ugly one, they bounced back relatively quickly. Jackson kept quiet from there and sipped from his glass. When Sinead asked him how the story ended, he gave her a subtle shrug. Most of his memory from his childhood had been repressed and would turn static when he tried to tune into it.

Sinead insisted on treating their wounds, and even though Jackson wanted to omit himself, he couldn't find it within him to shut her down, especially after the mental exhaustion she had just faced. Whatever she wanted to do to cheer her up was perfectly fine with him.

Jackson accepted the wet rag and used it to dab at the cuts on his face. When he looked over to Sinead gingerly wiping Peter's face, he couldn't help but curl his lips into a small smile. It was nice to see the two of them content with each other. No matter the obstacles their marriage faced, the electricity between the two refused to die out, and Jackson could see it. When Sinead told them to make sure they always made it back home, Jackson took a small sip from his glass. "That's usually the plan," He caught himself before he continued to poke fun, realizing that not making it home could still be a sensitive subject for the two.

Sinead suddenly realized she had to find Lucy and Gwen and made a beeline for the door. As she passed Jackson, she showed her appreciation by ruffling his hair. Jackson smiled, keeping his glass by his lips.

When Sinead left the room, the demeanor rocked entirely. The cheerful atmosphere the place had gathered dropped and developed a level of melancholy. Jackson looked to Peter, hoping to stop the man before Peter let his depressed thoughts pull him back in. "I'm sorry, mate. It should've been me," Jackson spoke, drawing the sentence out as if he were pulling it from a cage buried in his thoughts. Peter was the last person he wanted to see be arrested that night. Jackson could've handled serving prison time, but Peter was far from prepared. No matter how much Jackson tried to help Peter get away from the Gardai, he still couldn't help, but feel responsible for the man's predicament - no doubt due to his sheepdog mentality he had developed.

Bellz Bellz (Peter) Misty Gray Misty Gray (Sinead)

40a995938e29c50af09d01be58ecf657.jpg

Aliana Cartwright

The three woman were on a chase to catch the two thieves from her alcohol closet. From behind, she could swear she had seen them in her restaurant before but right now she was more focused on the fact that she was being stolen from. Well, she focused on catching the two of them but she also had to focus on breathing. It had been a while since she ran, the last time being when Leo had gotten shot. Luckily she didn't have to run too much longer as Blake caught the girl, her hand firmly on her shoulder. She watched as the blonde then pulled out her fun and focused it on her. For a second she considered telling her to put it away, but they had stolen from Ali and she didn't take too keenly to that.

Ali gave the two a second to explain, the man speaking before the woman. He explained, in minor detail, why they had done what they did. It made sense to her that they'd do something drastic, but then again it didn't. "There are tons of ways to communicate with Porter. Stealing from me is not the smartest one." Her hands were on her hips, chest rising and falling rapidly to try and get her breathing under control. When she was told to put the bottles down, she could see the woman momentarily hesitate, like she wanted to either run or just drop them. "Don't be stupid." She warned, watching her put the bottles down carefully. The woman gave a retort, to which Ali couldn't help but smirk at. She was curious to see how Blake was going to resopond to that one.

The smirk on her face quickly went away when she began to talk again, berating her for chasing them for the bottles in the first place. "One, I have a place to run and that alcohol is a part of it. Two, you stupid girl, you stole from me. It doesn't matter what you stole, it's the fact you stole!" She responded in a 'duh, are you really this stupid' kind of tone. She pinched the bridge of her nose while she listened to the girl speak. Her attention was grabbed when she mentioned the restaurant. The same restaurant Tommy had did in and it brought a flood of memories back. The bracelet on her wrist suddenly became heavy but she couldn't focus on that right now. Right now, she was burning with anger at the woman's words. "I want them dealt with." Maybe it was because of the way she said it, maybe it was because Ali thought the woman was thinking she was the only one who had lost someone important that day. Regardless, she took Blake's gun and aimed it the woman, eyebrows furrowed and her lips tight. "You think you're allowed to speak on his death when you just stole from me and then ask for demands? The only thing keeping me from pulling this trigger is the fact that we don't need anymore issues."

Nathan Bennett

Armie_3.pngThe handshake shared between the two was mutual, firm and full of respect. It was rare for Nathan to indulge in such a greeting. During his days in Chicago, working between small organisations, he never got to embrace this level of respect. Nor receive it. He was simply a pawn. Now, however, he can find loyal allies and workmates within the Porter business. Nathan will never forget how much James as changed his life.

Nathan noticed his awkward adjustments, but thought nothing of it. He simply pulled his hand back to fold his arms comfortably. At the compliment, he let out a brief chuckle and nodded gratefully. "That means a lot. Yeah, I'm one of his personal bodyguards. I met him back in prison." The bodyguard didn't bother trailing off. He had only just properly met the man, it was unnecessary to unload his history onto him. Plus, it wasn't Nathan's way of opening up. He hasn't met anyone for that yet.

As the conversation turned back to the car, he shifted his gaze to the rundown vehicle and took in the extent of the damage. Whatever happened, it was horrific. He's surprised it even made it this far back. Or back at all. He shared Kennedy's smirk, nodding in agreement. "Right you are. I'm glad I wasn't part of that job, let me tell you." His voice trailed off as he began imagination the battle himself. It only made him wonder what battles he'll face in the future.

Although, his mind didn't wonder too far. His stomach was aching for a decent meal and the only place he could think of was the Sky Haven restaurant. Perhaps he'll actually get to eat his meal this time. After taking in the car, he turned back to the man and raised an eyebrow. "Any dangerous jobs tonight? You seem like you're ready to leave."

Interactions & Mentions
Kennedy Sullivan; mpower mpower James Porter; Misty Gray Misty Gray

Peter Callahan
Peter was relieved to see the smile growing on Sinny's face. The argument had been forgotten for the most part it seemed and for that Peter was thankful, he didn't have any energy left in him to fight. Sinead finished cleaning his wounds before speaking about playing with its her, "Well if Kev misses me, then I have to go back." He teased lightly before his wife seemed to realize something, causing her to stand up and wipe away at her eyes again. Explaining she needed to find Lucy and Gwen, Peter nodded gently as Sinead asked if she would see him soon...he would definitely be around. Watching as his wife left the room, ruffling Jackson's hair as she past, the man let out a soft sigh.

His eyes glanced to Jackson and in that moment he wasn't sure what he should say to the man. His behavior towards him had been inexcusable and embarrassing. It seemed like Jackson had already moved on from it but Peter was starting to become fixated, desperately wishing he could go back into the past and change it. Peter turned his attention back to himself, stuck in his own thoughts once again. Luckily, before he could get too caught up in himself, Jackson spoke...breaking the sad silence in the room. His words hit Peter hard, saying that it should've been him. Shaking his head slowly, he wasn't sure of what to say to that.

Jackson had given him the chance to escape and Peter had made the mistake not to..."No one should have gotten caught that time." Peter said finally making eye contact with the man. "I like to think that time served me well but...." His eyes turned to look to where Sinead had gone. His marriage was falling apart because of the time he served in prison...because he couldn't handle it. When he did look back to Jackson, he could see the man felt responsible and this caused Peter to lean forward. "You can't save us all, mate. Sometimes...sometimes we need this.." Peter had been unhappy with the man he was before prison. He was weak, unable to provide and care for his family like the others around him. Peter wanted to be someone for his family, because they gave him everything and he felt like he had a lot to return.
with: Jackson Enzyme Enzyme

Lucy Porter
Gwen Sheehan
6b87104ce79c132bf3d779be0500f20e.jpg

"Are you sure you don't want any help Mrs. Porter?" Gwen asked, her tone clearly worried as she looked between her and Aidan. The blonde woman waved her hand at the red head, "Yes yes, I'm fine...I completely..." She paused as she placed her gloves on the lower shelf, twisting over uncomfortably before standing up straight and closing the little shed. "have it." Letting out a slow deep breath, she placed a hand to her stomach. Today was worse compared to the others, she felt uncomfortable all over and sitting around only seemed to agitate the baby.

Gwen was estatic to see Sinead and smile widely as she came over to give her a hug and a kiss on the cheek, "I'm so glad I could come! You have to show me around!" When Gwen released her, she looked concerned as Sinead looked emotionally exhausted. Curious to know what had happened, she decided that it would be best for them to all settle in the house before asking. "I've been trying to help your sister, but I'm afraid she didn't want it..."
madelaine-petsch-photoshoot-for-ELLE-Magazine-002.jpg
Lucy had opened up her little garden shed again and had been organizing the shelf when her sister's voice called out her name, causing her to jump slightly. "Jesus! Sin!" She responded and turned to see her sister with her hand on her hips. Lucy rolled her eyes as the woman began to playfully berate her about gardening telling her she needed to relax.

"I know what I need Sin, resting is overrated for my child. When I sit, I get punished." Lucy ran her hand over her belly again and shook her head as Sinead asked if she needed anything. "Just some company, as it would seem Aidan is distracted by your friend." She gave the two a teasing glare but shrugged her shoulders. "I know I have to relax but its just so uncomfortable..." Holding out her arm to Sinead, she nodded her head towards inside. "Did you see if James and Syd are home yet? I've been worried about them..." Gwen looked to Aidan and offered a shy smile, "We should probably follow them hmm?" Turning, she started to head behind the two women, looking to see if Aidan would follow.

with: Sinead Misty Gray Misty Gray
mentions: Aidan Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford

Rayna Taylor
images
The drive into Dublin had been a beautiful and quiet one. Rayna paid very close attention to every little detail of the city as it passed by. When they came up to the large gates of her son's home, Rayna couldn't help but feel slightly anxious. Her eyes found Matteo's and she offered the young man a smile...hoping to ease his troubled mind as well. It had been a while since she had seen James...even a few weeks had gone by since she'd actually spoken to him. Lucy had called a few weeks prior, informing her of what James had been up to recently. The woman felt it was important for him to have his mother around for the birth of his child and Rayna couldn't have agreed more. Not only would she be around for the birth of her grandchild, but the matter of Matteo could be taken care of.

The car pulled into the large driveway and the door was opened for her. "Thank you very much." She said in a soft voice as she stepped out from the car, the large shadow the home casted provided some coolness from the heat. Waiting for Matteo to exit from the car, her eyes looked around the large property a moment. Her son had built a better life for himself, that was for sure... Once their things were gathered from the car by their driver, they were lead towards the front door and inside. The driver dropped their bags down in the entryway before informing them that he would tell Mr. Porter of their arrival, but not before leading them into the small guest lounge where they would comfortably wait for James' arrival.

"Take a seat." She told Matteo softly as she continued to stand, walking closer to the walls to get a good look at the pictures. As she obsevered the pictures, she couldn't help but notice how much she had been missing out on with her son. It was something she reminded herself of almost every single day. With his distant behavior, Rayna wondered why her son didn't want to be apart of her life.

The pair didn't have to wait very long as footsteps could be heard coming down the hall. Rayna had been staring at a picture of James' family when he entered the room. "Surprise." She said simply, not looking away from the picture for another long moment. Finally, she turned her head and smiled lightly at her son, "Didn't expect to see your own mother I assume?"
with: James Misty Gray Misty Gray
mentions: Syd Pyroclast Pyroclast ; Matteo Enzyme Enzyme

Aidan Flannagan
Aidan jumped when he heard a familiar voice say his name. He shot to his side, saying, "Gwen? It's uh...godd to see ya!" He chuckled awkwardly, saying, "I didn't know that you and Mrs. Porter were aquainted. I'll leave you two to talk. Call me if you need me, Mrs. Porter. And don't work too hard. Or your husband will kill me." He smiled, walking off a bit. Far enough where he couldn't hear them talk, but close enough that he could run over if something happened. He looked at the garden, lost in his thoughts about Gwen. He couldn't believe it. She actually knew the Porter's. He was glad, he guessed. Made things easier. He just hoped that if and when the time came, Gwen wouldn't just give up on him when she found out what he did for a living.
Bellz Bellz
(Sorry guys! Should be much more frequent!)​

Matteo Davide

4EB95A4000000578-6012009-English_actor_Tom_Holland_is_often_photographed_wearing_the_Dove-a-10...jpg
Matteo had been quiet for most of the ride. Never leaving Italy prior, Ireland seemed to be a whole new scenery. He was skeptical about coming at first, but with his grandma being persistent, and him being on summer break, he eventually caved in and joined her. His English was remarkable for how little he traveled, most due to Rayna, who had taught him from a young age.

Matteo had been given a rundown on Rayna's and James' relationship on the way down to the estate. From what he gathered, James had become an estranged son to Rayna. He knew how much of loving person his grandmother was, so he immediately suspected it was James' choosing, not Rayans.

As the buildings passed, he caught sight of Irish pubs. His friends had told him about how crazy the Irish could get, so the signs brought a level of excitement to him. The clubs in Sicily hardly cared for underage kids, especially ones as old as Matteo. He was eager to get inside one of the pubs and see what all the fuss was about, hoping they were as lenient with age as the ones back in his country.

Once the vehicle pulled into the Porter estate, Matteo couldn't help but awe at its sheer size. The mansion caused a large shadow to overcast the small car, outlining its large garden. Matteo had come from a small apartment in a clustered town. So to say he was shocked by the estate was an understatement. They even had guards with rifles watching over the perimeter and butlers to hold the door open for them. It was just like the books he had read. James Porter was the real deal.

Matteo walked inside the giant house, expecting the interior to be just as extravagant as the exterior, and he wasn't disappointed. Large paintings hung from the wall, which he estimated to be way over his own personal budget. He followed Rayan's gaze to the pictures, which he soon became entranced with as well. The group looked so professional, so happy; they seemed to be the perfect family all around.

At his grandmother's command, he hesitated, wanting to explore more. Nevertheless, he took a seat on the comfortable chair, awaiting James' entrance.

Misty Gray Misty Gray (James) Bellz Bellz (Rayna)

kC0-ee5-W5pry2avUUZAlYW1zT_xkOVV8sYbOQc5CtI3o16PiNsJvNjH2ylynpNaolGvTswMksRBy4a1HUNqBqpgsT6U9lGKTuK69t5jf2_jseo5ry_HRQYvAGj8Y5x4XHYUzBeKT98
Syd Porter

Syd watched James as he put away the metal bar used to break John's kneecaps. Although he understood his reasons for not being able to kill the accountant, he couldn't help being slightly disappointed. He had always put his father on a pedestal - James was the most powerful man he knew, so it was frustrating that Drogheda was beyond the boundaries of his control. "There were a lot of witnesses, yeah," he sighed. "And all the type you really don't want coming after you..." The faces of the men at the pub came to his mind then, the way they had looked at him when he had his gun pointed their way. Not exactly afraid, but dark and serious, like they were all trying to etch his face into their memories for future reference. Syd shuddered at the thought. "You're right, then, we can't kill him. Fuck," he muttered, through gritted teeth. "He doesn't know that, though. His broken knees should be enough to remind him."

Syd smiled a little at his father's teasing that Lucy might lay into him. She didn't scare him by any means, but that didn't mean he didn't wish to avoid her. While he knew it was a mother's nature to worry about her children, he always felt guilty if she saw him in looking rough, or heard of the trouble he had got into. As close as he felt to Lucy, he would rather try to protect her from those concerns than indulge in her comfort. Especially if it meant getting essentially grounded. He nodded to his father's wisdom, appreciating his approach to the situation - that is, letting him go without a lecture. "S'alright, I know what I should and shouldn't have done now. Had my lessons physically beaten into me," he laughed slightly, his gaze shifting to the floor. "It's good for me, you know - I'm not gonna forget what I learned, like with school. It's just that, if anyone had been killed, it would've been my fault. You can't really afford to make mistakes in this business, can you?"

When James told Syd of his position with the Duncans, there was a seriousness in his tone that Syd could not ignore. His words were strong and carried some urgency and importance. It was clear his father wanted him to listen attentively, so he did. "Okay, dad," he said. "I get it, you do it for their families. But you have a family, too, and every time you show them mercy, you're just giving them another chance to get you back. They've met me, they know I'm involved in all this - maybe you see their families as innocent civilians, but they won't see me like that. Every time you beat them and then let them go, they learn from their weaknesses and mistakes, like I am from tonight, and...and they'll learn how to rise up against you. Us, I mean. I know you don't want to be like Vinnie, dad. But there is such a thing as too much mercy, and if a time comes when it has to be them or you, please don't think of their families...think of yours."

Syd kept his eyes on his father for a few seconds, before clearing his throat and awkwardly looking away. While he was sincere in his words, it still embarrassed him to admit his fear for his family. He wasn't comfortable admitting fear for anything, but he cared more that his father understood how he felt about this than he did about his image. Regardless, they were soon interrupted when a man came to inform them about Rayna's arrival. Unaware of his grandmother's invitation, Syd raised an eyebrow at James, watching him leave the room before following him out.

When they arrived at the guest lounge, Syd eyed up the woman and the young man that had made himself comfortable in one of their large armchairs. He didn't recognise him at all and had no idea who he was, but offered each of them his good hand to shake nonetheless, mustering a small smile. It suddenly dawned on him that he still had his gun in his holster - but he chose not to remove it, so as not to draw attention to it. He and James both looked bad enough as it was. "Syd, good to meet you," he mumbled. He stood not far from Matteo and lit up a cigarette as he watched his father interact with Rayna, offering the pack to the lad by way of welcome.

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray James
Bellz Bellz Rayna
Enzyme Enzyme Matteo

30078036_2350820361610229_5406686530796257280_n.jpg

Leonard McGrath

There was no doubt in Leo's mind that he was being intimidated. The two men standing in front of him were threatening him, even if the words they used sounded like anything a salesman would say to a customer. Even though Leo was trying his best to stand his ground, he was starting to sweat a little and shake on the inside. The poor kid had always been timid and sheltered, Ali thought for his own good; she was wrong. He had never been through something like this, therefore he didn't know how in the hell he was going to handle it. To make matters worse, the first man, who Leo pegged out to be a subordinate, flashed his gun. It stuck out to him like a sore thumb and this increased his fear. The only reason he was practically shaking in his boots at the moment was that of Ryan and Conor's presence in the restaurant.

The leader of the three started speaking, bringing up the shooting that occurred at another restaurant; the same one where Tommy was killed. This made Leo frown in thought, still feeling bad for his sister that she never quite got the closure she needed. That closure is killing the man who killed a man she had started to love herself. There was a part of him that was truly considering this craziness. Not only was it because he was scared, but because he wanted to protect Ali and her investment. She did give him full run of the place, meaning any decision to be made was something he had to do. He opened his mouth to speak, but Ryan approached the group. Leo was very hesitant to say anything about what was going on but knew he had to.

He looked down and took a deep breath, crossing his arms. "While it's a very tempting offer," he took a glance at Ryan, "but I can't. Loyalty is a big thing around here and despite the unfortunate events a few months ago, it's not going to deter me from their business. Besides, Ali is still the boss and she would never allow me to sign with strangers." There was something in his eyes as he looked at Evan, like he was still considering the offer but because of current company, he said what he needed. There was an internal conflict within him and it was that he was scared. Not for himself, but for his sister. If anything happened to her or happened to her place, he would be the one to blame. Well, that and there were guns practically in his face.

Evan, Conor ( Misty Gray Misty Gray ) Mickie ( Enzyme Enzyme ) Ryan ( Fletchawk Fletchawk )​

James Porter

1546540221759.pngJames listened to Syd's words about the men over in Drogheda and the fact John couldn't be killed. "I meant what I told him. He has until Monday to get the money, otherwise he is a dead man and I'll make sure nothing leads back in our direction," he flatly told Syd. Something had got to him about how his son suggested the witnesses in Drogheda were dangerous enough to make an impression on him. "As for Drogheda, I'll make a point of expanding more of a presence there. Make sure the rats don't have enough freedom to start evolving," he remarked. If they were behind Syd's injuries, it made James more inclined to to put them back down in their places.

A brief smile crossed the man's lips when Syd spoke wisely of the lessons he was learning. He was proud to hear the lad sounding so mature about it all and not getting cocky or feeling invincible. "There's no time for mistakes," James agreed with him. "Considering what happened with the Armstrongs, that's especially true right now. Even the cops on our side are paying extra attention to me, so I hope you understand just how careful I need to be." Syd then went on to speak his mind on the subject of mercy and the potential risks to giving the likes of the Duncans a second chance. "I will always put this family first and I hope you already believe that," he firmly began. James had long since acknowledged that his family was the reason he now took less risks and started to consider the consequences before slaughtering his enemies. His concern for his family's safety was what has amplified his caution to begin with. "But I do understand where you're coming from. The Duncans won't get any more chances and I'm keeping eyes on them. So one more step out of place and they're all fucked, not just Vernon."

James caught his son's awkwardness and gave him a light, reassuring pat on his good arm. "I appreciate you being open with me and I will take your concerns on board. I'm really proud of you, Syd, and it's reassuring to know that if anything were to happen to me, you'll--" James was cut off from his moment of seriousness when he heard approaching footsteps. Being that he generally avoided personal conversations, he certainly wasn't willing to continue in the presence of an employee. When he was informed of Rayna's presence, James let out a rhetorical "what?" and he turned to Syd with an equally surprised expression.

It had been some time since he'd seen his mother, so the suspicious part of James couldn't help but assume something was wrong, despite the fact he knew it stood to reason she might want to be around for when her first grandchild was born. He hadn't even stepped into the room when he called out to her. "Rayna?" he asked, referring to his mother by her first name. When he did enter the guest lounge, his attention briefly fell onto the unfamiliar teenager, Matteo, before he looked to Rayna. It wasn't until the woman turned to address him that he loosened up a little and allowed a thin smile to fight its way onto his lips. "Mum, what are you doing here? Are you okay?! I mean, you didn't tell me you were visiting..." he told her. Syd had mumbled his introduction to Matteo, so James wasn't sure if Rayna had picked up on it. "Syd here has probably grown a bit more since the last photographs you saw, right?" he said, letting out a slightly awkward laugh.

James once again looked to Matteo, ignoring the fact Syd was lighting up a cigarette in the guest room as it was Lucy who tended to have more to say about such matters and there were presently more pressing questions to hand. There was something familiar about the stranger sitting on the sofa and he couldn't quite pinpoint it. For all of his lack of communication, James had still paid close attention to the photographs of his half-siblings and had met them when they were younger, back in Chicago. The lad Rayna had brought with her didn't look like either of his young brothers. "Are you going to introduce me?" he asked. "He doesn't look like Jordan or Elliot... Speaking of which - how are my brothers and sister? And how's Aussie Ethan?" he asked, breaking through his usual serious exterior to put on a teasing Australian accent to reflect the nationality of his mother's husband.

James didn't mean any ill intent through is teasing, like he never meant to upset his mother by not visiting her. The fact was, he saw Rayna and her family as good, honest people and he could never live up to that. The last thing James ever wanted to do was impose on their healthy lives or taint them with the business he was involved in. He always figured his need to protect the innocents caught up in Dublin's gang wars was something he'd inherited from his mother, rather than his old man. But still, she was a much kinder and warmer soul, which he never wanted to unwittingly disrupt.

Bellz Bellz (Rayna) Pyroclast Pyroclast (Syd) Enzyme Enzyme (Matteo)

Rayna Taylor
images
Rayna smiled gently as she looked to James and Syd, her head tilting to the side as her son asked what she was doing here. Rayna opened her mouth to answer but was distracted as Syd mumbled something to Matteo, she stared at Matteo for a long moment before turning back to James. Her jaw dropped slightly as James said that Syd "probably" grew more since the last photos she saw, "Like a weed and so handsome!" She exclaimed, her smile growing evermore as she eyed the young man up and down.

Addressing James' first questions, she sighed, "I am your mother James, I think I have the right to surprise you. Besides, I was invited here. Lucy knows how to pick up a phone." Her words clearly pointed at James for never calling her. Rayna's attention turned to Matteo as James asked if she was going to introduce him, she smiled at him lightly before beckoning him forward to stand beside her. At mention of her own little family back in italy, Rayna chuckled, "Rambunctious as always, still keeping me on my toes. But they miss you. And Ethan...Ethan is good." There was slight hesitation as she spoke about her husband. Things weren't as perfect as most people thought...they had their issues too.

The woman once again blew out a sigh, peering over at Matteo. "This is Matteo, my niece Sofia's son. I've been looking after him since he was young." Rayna of course knew that there was much, much more to Matteo, where he came from. As hard as she tried to get some control over the boy, it was never enough. He was always breaking the rules, always getting in trouble. Most of her children were adults now, but for her 11 year old daughter, such behavior was likely to rub off on her. Ethan and herself have tried to rein him in, but its all been useless.

Rayna continued to stare at Matteo unable to hide the worried look on her face as she reached over to touch the young man's shoulder. "I'm afraid I'm here for more reasons than you think...but such matters need to be discussed between the two of us." She looked between Syd and Matteo before turning her attention back to James, nudging her head to the corner of the room before stepping away from Matteo and Syd to discuss something privately for a moment.

with: James Misty Gray Misty Gray
mentions: Syd Pyroclast Pyroclast ; Matteo Enzyme Enzyme

Sinead Callahan

1544915505201-png.514215
Sinead smiled brightly when Gwen suggested having a tour of the place. "Of course!" she began. Her energy left her for a moment as her mind was cast back to Peter's words about them living off of James and Lucy. She soon cleared her throat. "I mean, this is Luce's place here," she said, pointing to her sister's house. "I live just over there," she said, redirecting Gwen's view across the garden to her own family's house. The subject was thankfully shifted to Lucy before Sinead could dwell on what had come to light in her argument. Given enough time to think, she'd already be worrying about how far away she was going to live, if it would be safe, and which schools she'd have to send her children to. Her catastrophising was often out of her own control, but it didn't make her feel her concerns were any less valid. "Lucy won't let you help her. She's far too stubborn for that. If you meet our mother, you will see why," she remarked. "Not to mention my sister married the most stubborn man I ever met," she teased, at James' expense.

Sinead scoffed when Lucy told her rest was overrated, but she took her sister's words seriously, nonetheless. "I'm sorry you're not comfortable, love. You've got a couple of weeks left yet, too," she said, pulling a sad face. "What are you going to be like when it is time?" she said, with a playful smile. "Right before giving birth to all of my babies, I always had the craziest urges to clean the house and rearrange the furniture. I dread to think what you'll be doing to the garden when you're finally due." She linked her arm with Lucy's and gave a soft peck on her cheek. "I'll always keep you company and just holler at me if you need help with the garden!"

Sinead looked over her shoulder at mention of Gwen distracting Aidan, realising her initial suspicions about something going on were right. She then turned back to Lucy at mention of whether James and Syd were home. "Hmmm, I think I heard James' voice when I was talking with Finn. I haven't seen Syd, but Peter and Jackson are both home, so I'm sure they'd have said something if Syd wasn't back with them," she pointed out. She didn't want Lucy to worry, so she forced herself to keep the fact Peter and Jackson had returned with injuries quiet for now. She was sure James was capable of dealing with it.

As they entered the house, Sinead looked over her shoulder again to see Aidan had oddly dropped back, despite Gwen's invitation for him to walk with her. This brought a frown to Sinead's face and she reached her free hand out to take hold of Gwen's, not wanting her to feel awkward or left out of the conversation she was having with Lucy. "Honey, life is so much simpler when you're single," she assured her. "But, if you do want a guy in your life, make sure they treat you right."

Once inside the kitchen, Sinead motioned towards the table and chairs for the two ladies to sit down. "What do you two want to drink?" she offered.

Bellz Bellz (Lucy, Gwen)
Mentioned: Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford (Aidan)

Mickie Mckinely

Mickie stood to the side as Evan stepped in, bringing up the shooting that occurred back when the IWU and Porters held a meeting. While he wasn't present for that event, he had heard the story over and over. When Evan finished his statement, Mickie nodded along, leaning on the podium once more. "There really is no downside to our proposition. You get a protection guarantee, and with us protecting you, we can assure you this family-friendly restaurant will stay as such," He nodded to Leo, giving him a crooked smile.

He could see the timidness in Leo's face. It was clear that the man wasn't one of Porter's goons and could be easily shaken. He gave Mickie and Evan an equal amount of eye contact, suggesting that they had captivated all of his attention and he was listening to every word. The way he kept his mouth shut and slowly nodded his head made it appear that he was considering accepting to their terms, causing Mickie's smile to grow wider.

Just as they had Leo on the ropes, a man entered their conversation. He had spotted the same man at a booth with Conor Sullivan when they entered, no doubt just another Porter thug. Mickie's eyes only briefly touched him, before looking back to Leo. He raised his hand in Ryan's face, keeping his weight on the podium. "Everythins' fine, lad. Go back to yer' food."

Ryan's abrupt presence locked Leo down entirely, like a fish ripping away from a hook before it could be pulled to the surface. Mickie's smile instantly dropped to a frown as Leo refused their offer. He cleared his throat, standing up straight. "We're sorry to hear that," he admitted, glancing to Evan. He then looked back to Leo, his face twisting another smile. "I hope you liked this restaurant while it lasted because, without our protection, we can't assure you it won't be burned to the ground with everyone still inside."

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Leo) Misty Gray Misty Gray (Evan/Conor) Fletchawk Fletchawk (Ryan) Shireling Shireling (Jack)

James Porter

1546540221759-png.521964
It didn't take any thought at all for it to register with James that Rayna was getting in a dig about his lack of phone calls to her. He knew she was right, yet there was still a part of him that wanted to reply defensively. "Ah, you know I'm no good at those. Luce always has nicer and more interesting things to tell you. Besides, you women know how to make the calls last longer - believe me, I pay the bills," he teased, fully expecting to be told off for his joke.

James was glad to hear his siblings on Rayna's side of the family were all doing well, albeit slightly surprised to hear they missed him. "Well, I guess I've missed them too. Even if Sinead had taught them to call me an old man when I last saw them..." The hesitation in his mother's voice when speaking of her husband didn't go back unnoticed by James. "Well, you'll have to fill me in on Saint Ethan later," he remarked. Even though he had nothing against his mother's husband, he'd always resented the fact she'd been sent away in the first place. The Romanos had robbed James of growing up with a mother and had forced Rayna to leave his father behind. Whilst he was glad Rayna had found happiness in Italy, the effects on Ronan had been quite the opposite.

James listened as Rayna introduced Matteo as her niece's son. He was sure he'd heard Sofia's name once or twice, but it had only been in brief passing. Still, learning the lad's identity didn't explain to James why he was there in the first place. Surely one of his own half-siblings could have accompanied her to Dublin, instead. Then his mother told him there were reasons for her presence. He knew by now there usually were more reasons or problems behind most situations. When Rayna instructed for him to join her to one side, away from the two teenagers, James didn't hesitate to oblige, sending the two lads a brief glance as though making sure they were going to get along in the meantime. "What's going on?" he asked Rayna, his voice now lowered. As he spoke, James instinctively placed his hand on Rayna's shoulder. For all his bravado and attempts to put up a barrier between them, he had missed seeing his mother. He'd simply tried not to think about it for quite some time, but now her presence made it difficult to ignore that she had still been a missing part of his life.

Bellz Bellz (Rayna)
Nearby: Pyroclast Pyroclast (Syd) Enzyme Enzyme (Matteo)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back