• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A Family Affair: The Irish Mob - IC (Ended)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
1544378006116.png Syd Porter

Syd observed Skye's facial expression as she spoke of Braden's ambitions to become a member and could tell that she was concerned for the boy. It was only natural that she had grown close to him and the girls, and it made sense to Syd that she would worry about the influence that the family business had on them. While Syd cared for his cousins greatly and didn't ever want to see them get hurt, he found himself unable to agree with Skye without becoming a hypocrite. He saw too much of himself in Braden. After being adopted into the family and emigrating to Ireland, he had gradually learned of the criminal activity that his new family were involved in. However, with no prior concept of family to compare them to, he quickly accepted it as the norm. Although it may have warped his sense of right and wrong, over the years he became more and more determined to someday join the mob. Even at the age of 19 he still idolised his father, doing everything he could to follow in his footsteps.

Having lowered his gaze in slight shame of setting a bad example to his younger cousin, Syd glanced up at Skye. "Do you really believe that?" he quietly asked. It was evident that Skye's suggestion had come from a place of concern for Braden, but it reminded him too much of what he had put his mother through when fighting to join the mob himself, and brought on minor feelings of guilt. He didn't want to worry Skye further, but at the same time he thought he ought to be honest. After a moment's pause, Syd looked away again. "Nah...I want to agree with you, but he'll be in the business by the time he gets to my age. Trust me."

Syd didn't dwell on the subject for very long at all; basking in the warm afternoon sun with his girlfriend at his side, any guilt was quickly replaced with a familiar fluttering in his chest, and he smiled tenderly at her as she turned her face into his hand, affirming the connection between them. When she warned him that they had company and sat up away from him, Syd lifted his head and groaned upon seeing Shannon approach them. Despite his annoyance at being interrupted, he too sat up and listened to her, albeit reluctantly.

At her mention of the word "job", Syd knew he couldn't waste any time. Even on perfect days like this, he knew that in his family's line of work, business always had to come first. It was simply a matter of safety. While Shannon stood lighting her cigarette, Syd gave Skye's hand a quick squeeze and shot her an apologetic glance. "I'm sorry, baby," he said, in a voice low enough that he hoped Shannon wouldn't hear. "I'll make it up to you when I get back."

1544378039351.png A look of mild disgust crossed Syd's face when Shannon told him of the possible murder of the Armstrong family. It sounded messy - not just the scene itself but also because his family had been entangled in Jared's twisted, Machiavellian plots for a long time now, which of course meant they would be dragged into this chaos as well. He brought his hands to his eyes and rubbed at them in frustration. Whoever had killed the Armstrongs must have known the finger would be pointed in the mob's direction, and now his family were in danger of paying the price. "Right, okay," he nodded, readying himself to jump into action. Despite his natural concern, particularly for his father, Syd was glad to be needed.

Unsure of what might happen if he arrived on the scene too late, Syd wasted no time in leaving the house, ordering one of the guards, Mack, to accompany him as his grandmother had instructed. The last time he had been to The Archers, things had started out quite violently but ended peacefully enough. This time, however, Syd wasn't expecting the same kind of peaceful end based on the simple fact that they had had to visit a second time. He only hoped that things hadn't escalated so far that the Duncans would refuse to act as their alibi...

Having come to the pub apprehensive of what he might find, Syd was somewhat relieved to see Ryan ordering drinks from the landlord. Mack was already busy scanning the room, and Syd gave him a light nudge to follow him over to the bar. "Hey, you mind including us in that round?" he said to Ryan, leaning against the bar. He nodded to the landlord, too, but couldn't recall the man's name. "Ryan, listen, we've got a bit a situation. Whatever's happening downstairs is gonna have to be put on hold for a sec'," he said, lowering his voice so that no nearby customers would overhear. "Jared Armstrong and his family have just been found dead - shot, I think, but the house was set on fire with them all inside, so...well, I don't know the details. All I know is, it wasn't us. But you and Rudy are gonna need alibis to prove it." Syd scanned the room for any other familiar faces. He noticed that Rudy wasn't in sight, and neither were Johaan or Vernon, which probably meant they were doing business downstairs - whatever that meant. Although it didn't seem like there was trouble judging by the fact that Ryan was ordering in a round of drinks, if the men didn't agree to cooperate, a deal might have to be made in order to avoid arrest. "So, uh...Rudy hasn't broken anyone's back this time yet, has he?"

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray Duncans
Shireling Shireling Rudy
Fletchawk Fletchawk Ryan

Skye McKendrick and Shannon Sullivan

1bCQ.gifIt was clear to Skye that she and Syd had differing opinions where Braden was concerned. It was perhaps because he was still a child and she'd seen the genuine worry on Sinead's face that caused her to want to steer the boy away from wanting to be a part of the mob. She supposed the fact she was the children's nanny and there to help enforce their parents' desires also influenced her own views. All she knew, was that no matter what she might believe on the subject, she could only echo the message Sinead wanted sending out to Braden, even if it did differ from Syd's own opinion on the matter.

When Shannon informed Syd of the job, Skye watched as her boyfriend seemed to be immediately on board with carrying out his father's request. Syd's loyalty, bravery and hard work to his family was one of the many things Skye admired in him. So when he squeezed her hand and apologised, she knew there wasn't any part of her that couldn't accept it. She squeezed his hand in return and sent him a soft smile. "Be careful," was all she asked of him. "I look forward to it," she added, in response to his promise to make it up to her.

Skye watched as Syd rushed off to tend to his duty. She wasn't sure if she was worried for him like Sinead often was for Peter, or the complete opposite, where she wished she could go with him and share that part of his life. Either way, his departure was felt by her and it was certainly seen by eagle-eyed Shannon. The two women observed Sinead leading the three children back to the Callahans' place, meaning Skye didn't even have the distraction of babysitting now.

"You can stay in one of the spare rooms at James' place tonight. Give Sinead and Peter some time together with the children," Shannon suddenly spoke up. She then observed Skye for a time. "Do you care for Syd?" she asked, not prepared to let anything slip by her.

"Yes, of course I do," Skye firmly assured the woman, a little surprised at the sudden question.

"Then Syd having to rush off on risky jobs is something you'll have to get used to," Shannon abruptly told her, taking a long drag of her cigarette whilst telling herself to be a little more sensitive. "I was around your age when I fell for Emmet. I was by no means weak or reserved back then, but I soon learned I had to really toughen up and learn to accept what I was getting into. I knew what I signed up for when I started dating a gangster and I knew the last thing he needed was to be worrying about me when he had his business to deal with. In fact, I made sure his colleagues and enemies alike knew not to pull any shit with me, so Emmet could be better focused with his work." She put her arm around Skye's shoulder and led the girl towards the Porters' house. "You're a tough kid anyway. I remember the lip you used to give James when you first started working here and I know you've got some physical fight in you to back it up. This will be a breeze for you, just allow yourself to adapt to this now."

Mention: Pyroclast Pyroclast (Syd)

Rudolph Meyers
Rudy Meyers.jpg"You'd better get down here, Richard, we're having a lot of fun without you!" Rudolph hollered up from the stairwell after the pub owner did not emerge. He felt bad for the kid, Larry, and promised himself that no harm would come to him. Vernon, on the other hand, was fair game. He held his gun on them as they laid their hands against the felt top of the poker table and walked slightly closer.

"Come on, Vern, let's cut the bullshit. You're not fooling anyone." He said, in reference to the protestation that all the gambling paraphernalia was just normal accounting supplies from the safe that was "in the shop." Who the hell sends their safe off for repairs? How do you even break a safe on accident? The gangster shook his head and switched his .38 revolver over to the left hand. With the right, he grasped a clawwed hammer that was sitting on the top of a nearby wooden crate used for storing alcohol bottles. Without hesitation, Rudy brought the head of the hammer down squarely on Vernon's hand. He motioned with his gun arm towards the other two Duncans. "Don't even try it," he muttered, before turning back to Vernon.

"Fuckin' hurts don't it? You know what else hurts? Two-bit criminals thinking they can play me like a fucking fiddle! Put your hand back on the goddamn table!" He barked, holding the gun up pointed at his face. Noting his acquiescence, Rudy brought the hammer down claw-end first on his other hand, making a bloody gash across the top. "You ought to be glad I'm just the normal level of fucked up and not a real sadistic son of a bitch, or I'd take your hands."

Proportionality was not exactly the forte of the mafia, but then again Rudolph knew that the only way to keep the Duncans in line was to turn up the heat. He made a false start towards the other two men, causing them to flinch and Rudy to develop a wide grin. "Hey, what are you guys, a bunch of pussies? Put your hands back on the table." He ordered.

Fletchawk Fletchawk Misty Gray Misty Gray

Finn Sullivan
Liam-Hemsworth-The-LANE-Man-2-2.jpg
George's words were true, Finn knew that he needed to take time for himself. As generous as the man was towards his friends and family, he often neglected his own needs and desires, ignoring them till they fade away. Finn tried his best to take care of his family as much as he could, after everything that they had done for him...it was the least he could do. One person stuck out in his thoughts however, Kennedy. Their last interaction wasn't the best and as far as reconnecting was concerned, they were skirting around it. He was a forgiving man, but his older brother left him and Maggie when they needed him most...true family simply didn't do that. The doctor decided it was best to leave those thoughts behind for now and focus on the friend in front of him.

He tilted his head as the man talked about the details of his future. The attention was all on George as Finn was deeply interested in what he had to say, what he had been through since he had gotten out of jail. Finn was saddened to hear that his friend was not living the lifestyle that he had hoped for him. His brows creased together as George encouraged him, telling him that he had a lot going for himself. Finn could have said the same thing for his friend, he was a bright and kind man, who's company was far more enjoyable than Finn deserved. He couldn't lie however, things were not going great for Georgie at the moment...

"Hiking boots? The garden is pretty big!" Finn chuckled, once again snapping himself out of his thoughts. "Don't worry, I won't drag your arse out to the property line! Just a light tour...I love walking on the small path through the garden. Beginners hike, yea?" With that, Finn set his glass down and nodded his head towards the doorway, leading George out of the kitchen towards one of the many doors that lead to the backyard and garden area. Finn had been in step with George but quickly stepped ahead to grab the door for him, "After you." He hummed before walking out the door behind him.

Once outside, the gardens revealed themselves, showing off many different types of bushes, trees and other various plants that were and weren't native to Ireland. Finn pointed out a large bench underneath an arched vine of roses, "It may seem a bit...girlish, but this is one of my favorite spots here. Reading my medical studies books. I liked a similar spot when I was in Chicago..."
with: George Misty Gray Misty Gray

Jackson McCarthy

.jpg
Jackson couldn't help but feel embarrassed on Evelyn's behalf. His sympathetic stance made him do whatever he could to make the situation less awkward. "Oh course," Jackson smiled. "Don't let us keep you from it, but let's get drinks and catch up sometime." Jackson nodded to her. Blake didn't seem to share Jackson's compassion, throwing more fuel on the fire. While Evelyn had meant a lot to him, he knew there would be no reason to bring her up to his girlfriend. Still, Jackson winced on the inside as Blake continued to tell Evelyn that he had never talked about her. Before she could continued her passive aggressive hostility, she whisked off out of sight. "Well, as I said, let's catch up soon." With that, he left her to it.

Jackson walked back down the hallways, to see Blake leaving through the front door. He followed behind her, stepping back out into the warm sun. Reaching for his collar, he pulled the sunglasses out and rested them on the bridge of his nose.

"Well, that was a nice little reunion," he remarked. Jackson walked up behind Blake and placed his arm around her waist, giving her a firm kiss on the side of her temple. It didn't take a detective to see she was bothered, but he was baffled as to why she had been to that extent. "You seem a bit flustered, luv'." Jackson tugged on her waist lightly, smirking down at her. "I guess even Miss Walsh isn't immune to a lil' jealousy."

Bellz Bellz (Blake) Pyroclast Pyroclast (Evelyn)

Last edited:
Ryan Donahue

A long exasperated sigh escaped Ryan's lips as the warm smile faded away. He was a about to retort to Richard's obvious suspicion when he caught a familiar shape approaching in his peripheral version. A large man shadowed a smaller and younger man, his boss's son, Syd. Syd asking to join in the drinks followed not a second later. After being taken aside briefly and the Armstrong's demise was relayed, Ryan clenched his jaw momentarily. He'd guessed that Armstrong wouldn't live long if he fail to be voted in as Mayor, especially after what he was told in detail about what happened at the failed meeting several months ago. However, to move on each other the day of was a brutal act, disturbingly so. Ryan knew that this was not the time to give it much thought though, and instead refocused on what needed to happen. First, finish up here. Second, acquire an alibi for Rudy and himself.

Mild frustration.gifNodding to show that he understood the circumstances, Ryan was turning back to face Richard when Syd asked if Rudy had gotten into trouble yet. Not taking his gaze off of Richard, as if he was directing the answer to him, he replied in a mostly honest fashion although mainly to the barkeep that he was sure that was overhearing. "No. Not yet, although I can't guarantee that'll hold true for much longer if we leave him unattended downstairs..."

Not taking his eyes off Richard, Ryan took the bottles of whiskey and handed them off to Larry. "Be a good lad and take these to the boys downstairs, and tell them we'll be down there in a bit," he said in a matter of fact tone. He could tell that the kid was barely holding together, but since he still had his uses, Ryan didn't want to send him off just yet.

Ryan could understand Richard not wanting to comply, any halfway intelligent person would suspect it as walking to their doom. "Look, I'll lay it out flat for you. Either you come and take a few minutes to hear out the proposition, or this place, you, and your boys will no longer be under Porter's protection." Ryan said as he shrugged slightly. Even though he seemed at ease, he watching the barkeep's movements like a hawk, since he knew people had a tendency to act irrationally when put under pressure, "Yes, there is going to be consequences for not keeping your word, but dead men don't pay their dues, Mr. Duncan. We'd rather try and fix this before it gets that far. So, I'll ask you one last time. Will you come downstairs and do business, or will we be leaving?"

Pyroclast Pyroclast [Syd + Mack] Misty Gray Misty Gray [Richard + Larry]

Last edited:
Adam Morgan

Adam fell hard onto his knees. He wanted nothing more than to fight back, but he was a peaceful man by nature and hadn't the experience to win against the man holding him. No matter what move he made, his attacker could stop him in a split second with just one shot. He couldn't stand to watch the scene that unfolded before him, yet at the same time he couldn't tear his eyes away. It was almost as though to do so would be to leave Quinn on his own. Everything was happening so fast - just one minute ago the two of them were sitting out on the back porch, sharing beers and smoking cigarettes. How had things gone from that relaxed, comfortable atmosphere to this moment of pure terror and incomprehensible torture? These men, whoever they were, were beating Quinn with such force that Adam was really fearing for his friend's life. Forced to be still and silent, it seemed like there was nothing he could do but watch him die.

"Please, you're gonna kill him," he begged, bringing his hands up to his head in a panic. The bag that covered Quinn's head was now heavy with blood, drops spattering through the fabric with every kick, every convulsion. When the men finally backed away, Quinn lay face down, his mangled body twitching against the smeared wooden floor. There was a horrible, drawn-out silence as Adam gazed helplessly at him, paralysed by shock, fear and confusion. Then, on some unspoken cue, they all simultaneously raised their guns to Quinn. Adam screamed his name, but was instantly drowned out by the immense explosion of gunfire, which quickly triggered the sprinkler system that Adam had forgotten was even installed. The sudden downpour only added to the surreal, almost hallucinatory quality of the moment. Fear immobilised him, shock held his tongue, and for the thick veil of tears and spots of light that filled his vision, he was blind. Detached from the scene, he barely registered being dragged outside until he found himself staring directly into the eyes of one of the larger men. It was only when he spoke that he suddenly recognised him as one of his father's colleagues. Still, he didn't understand what the man meant by his comment, nor could he comprehend why they had spared him. "You can't just leave him in there..." he croaked, but his voice was weak and, with his eyes fixed on the familiar man, he could do nothing to stop one of the goons from dragging him over to the Sedan and smashing his head harshly against the boot. Adam's body dropped immediately, falling into a deep, vulnerable unconsciousness.

Interactions
Enzyme Enzyme Gideon & IWU goons
Fletchawk Fletchawk Quinn, may he RIP

Last edited:
The Archers Pub
The Duncan Gang: Johaan and Richard Duncan (brothers); Patrick (cousin); Vernon (cousin); Larry (glass collector).
Vernon has caught the eyes of his two cousins as they sent him glares - their silent way of telling the man to keep his mouth shut. Still, he couldn't help but snarl at Rudolph as the man called up to Richard for the man to join them. The landlord was well-built on all accounts, but Vernon doubted his cousin could put his strength to use when Ryan was likely aiming a gun at him by now. Or at the least, Richard wouldn't try anything if the skinny kid, Larry, was at risk. Personally, Vernon would have thrown Larry under a bus to save his own skin.

Vernon smirked as Rudy pointed out the bullshit he'd been spewing about the safe been away for repairs. However, a short time after, the grin was wiped from the man's face as he felt the impact of the hammer's head slamming down on his hand. The pain was excruciating as his bones were as good as crushed beneath the metal head which also scraped away some of his skin. "MOTHERFUCKER!" was the automatic and loud yell that escaped Vernon's mouth. As he held his injured hand against his chest, he was ordered to put it back down on the table, which he begrudgingly adhered to. Then, his other hand was struck with the hammer's claw, this time scraping away even more skin and fuelling more bloodshed. Vernon gritted his teeth together but this time didn't react, instead taking deep, controlled breaths to try to overcome the pain that was now ripping through both of his hands. He quickly shook his head as Rudy told him he wasn't actually sadistic, despite the opposing evidence before him. Vernon found himself hoping Armstrong's Commie friends would get their hands on Rudolph one day soon. He'd pay to see that.

Meanwhile, Patrick and Johann remained compliant. They were smarter than Vernon and knew to go along with the Porters seeing as they had no other choice. The attacks on Vernon had caused the men to flinch, but they'd remained still throughout, no doubt wishing Vernon would learn to keep his mouth shut.

Richard was surprised to see Porter's son at the pub, but as he overheard the lad's words to Ryan he felt grateful for Syd's presence. The landlord gathered that Jared Armstrong was dead and the two Porters presently throwing their weight around in the pub now needed alibis. This certainly seemed to place an interesting spin on the Duncans' current predicament. When Larry was told to take the bottles down to the basement, Richard sent the lad a reassuring nod, signalling for him to comply. Ryan then addressed the landlord, so he turned back to face the man and listened to him speak of his proposition again. Apparently resisting would mean the business wasn't under Porter protection. More than anything, it was his need to stand by his family that made Richard agree to join them in the basement.

As he walked ahead of Ryan and Syd to make him way downstairs, he thought about the mention of consequences and paying dues. "You know..." he began, slowing his pace but still descending the stairs. He was briefly halted as he heard Vernon's pained screams, so apparently one of the Porters wasn't the reasonable type. "Y'know, I have a lot of influence on my customers, who happen to be upstanding members of the community. Not to mention I can control Vernon." He stopped and turned his head to the side, able to see Ryan from the corner of his eyes. "Whilst I'm still in civilised company... I can make sure you fellas have alibis. From my family and the customers upstairs. Vernon won't mention whatever has just happened ho him. In return, you could give us a clean slate. Let us have another chance to honour our contract and keep bringing in the profits for Mr. Porter. We'll not give you lot anything more to be concerned about in the future - we've had our wake-up call now and you need your alibi."

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Syd) Shireling Shireling (Rudolph) Fletchawk Fletchawk (Ryan)

Peter Callahan
Paul-Walker-paul-walker-1151702_1525_1920.jpg
Peter was over the moon at Savannah's bashful smile, a smile that resembled her mothers so much...It was different with their eldest daughter compared to the younger children. Sure the young ones were his flesh and blood, but that didn't matter to Peter. Savannah was just as much his daughter as she was Sinny's. He believed that he was found by the Sullivan family for a reason, he was their to protect them from any danger. As Savannah stood up from the sofa and leaned in to give him a hug, the tears that he had been trying to contain flowed over and temporarily blinded him as he wrapped his arms around her. "And I you." He stated simply, his breathing uneven as he shoulders shook. Peter changed over the last 6 months, there was no denying it, but deep down was the same sensitive soul that longed to be better and stronger for his family, it was a soul that was never satisfied with himself always searching for strength to keep him lifted.

The hug eventually ended and Peter felt as though there was a spotlight on him as Savannah studied his face closely, the man tilted his head downward in attempt to hide his wet eyes. Savvy went on to speak about how they had so much to catch up on. He wondered what he missed during the 6 months, it killed him inside to know that he missed such a big portion of his children's lives..."That would be wonderful, sweetie." Peter said honestly to his eldest about looking through the photo album that was so kindly made for him.

"I hope I didn't miss too much..." He reached a hand forward and brushed a strand of hair behind Savannah's shoulder. His own shoulder being squeezed as Sinead passed him. He turned his head sharply to catch her encouraging smile and sent one back as best as he could. His eyes didn't break away from her as he watched her go to her purse. A lump formed in his throat...how much pain had he caused her already? His inability to satisfy her, to love her like he should...he watched as she retrieved a pill from the bottle and headed towards the kitchen. He stared at the spot she had been in for a few more moment before turning back to the children.

"Speaking of missed time, I believe Dad owes you kids some presents? I heard Santa was good to you this year! That's because you are the best kids in the world!" He smiled at Savannah and then looked to Emery and Braden who's questions about prison hadn't gone unnoticed, but he hadn't decided on what he should tell the lad. The boy looked up to all the men in the family, even when it was frowned upon. Peter didn't want to be looked up to for the time he served, especially when he was at the bottom of the food chain there.

Sinead's voice brought him back to reality and he's lips pulled up once again into a smile. Everyone was piling onto the love-seat and Peter hesitated to join them, feeling as though they might want their space...or was it the other way around. Regardless of what it was, he didn't hesitate for more than 60 seconds and stood up before sitting in between them all. Once leaned back against the seat, Peter felt more grounded than he had before...more normal. The man lifted both of his arms above his little family before resting them on their shoulders, grabbing Sinead's lightly and giving them a gentle squeeze. He was home, and though it would take him a while to get use to it, this was where he belonged. "I'm so happy."

with: Sinead + bunch Misty Gray Misty Gray

Blake Walsh
a04d7818c081b9893c4e9956048b5962--gossip-girl-cast-black-lively.jpg
It wasn't normal for Blake to feel such a way, such jealous that was churning inside of her. The blonde slowed her steps once outside and in the sun, taking a deep breath of fresh air as she tried to ground herself again. Jackson came up behind her and wrapped his arm around her waist before giving her temple a kiss, she couldn't help the smile that appeared on her face at the gesture. Heat rose to her cheeks as Jackson told her that she seemed flushed tugging on her waist as she bit her lip. Now that she had time to cool down, she felt embarrassed about how she reacted inside the house, "Oh ha ha." Blake said sarcastically, though it was clear that Jackson had struck a nerve, "Jealous of what exactly? There wasn't anything to be jealous of if you ask me."

Blake was lying through her teeth. She had a lot of questions about this Evelyn that were going unanswered at the moment. Blake didn't want to ruin her time with Jackson but she couldn't help but wonder if there was a reason why pretty dark haired Evelyn went undiscussed... Noticing the silence that followed her words, she decided to change the subject for the sake of saving face. Looking up to Jackson, she smirked back at him "You're just so handsome, that's all. I see how the women look at you...I can't help but feel a little threatened." She shrugged her shoulders as if it wasn't that big of a deal.

Walking up to the car, Blake pulled him to a stop and stepped in front of him. "I love you." She murmured before leaning forward and placing a soft kiss against his lips. "And its your turn to pay."

with: Jackson Enzyme Enzyme

George Sanderson

1542306150746-png.504000
George chuckled along with Finn as the man promised not to drag him out on a long trek. "Ah, mate. A beginner's hike sounds wonder to me," he told him. As he spoke, he instinctively placed a hand on Finn's shoulder, giving it a light pat. His hand lingered on his friend's back for what George considered a few seconds too long and the realisation caused him to quickly pull his hand away, then fold his arms. "Sorry," he sheepishly apologised. His apology then led to him silently berating himself. Perhaps Finn had thought nothing of the gesture, but the fact George was attracted to him was making his mind go into overdrive. On the man's invite, George stepped outside and began walking with him.

George was in awe as he took in the beautiful garden. Having spent so long in the prison, he now appreciated nature so much more than he had done when he was younger. The colours and the open air was very calming to George. He followed Finn's pointing towards the bench and softly smiled. "Well, I'm a big fan of 'girlish', so you be as girlish as you want to be, Dr. Sullivan," he playfully joked. "How about we go sit there. Unless, of course, it's a spot you consider private?" he asked. "In which case, I would never wish to intrude on that. One of the many things I learned in prison was to respect people's space and to keep off what little they had to call their own." He couldn't help but admire the man more as they spoke. He found Finn to be an interesting man and the fact he could be so kind and level-headed, despite his family's violent business, made him all the more refreshing.

Bellz Bellz (Finn)

Ryan Donahue

Stepping back in order to allow Richard past him on his way towards the door Larry had walked through a moment beforehand, Ryan then followed the barkeep along with Syd and his escort. When the man started to speak, his eyebrow cocked slightly, but when a voice painfully cried out, Ryan's hand reflexively moved towards his holster. However, when Rudy's tone of disdain was heard afterwards, his hand returned slowly to his side, empty. His focus returned to Richard as he tried to bring an offer to the table. On the surface, it sounded like a reasonable deal, but Ryan had spent years hearing these sort offers from those that were trying to weasel their way out of paying their due.

displeasure.gif"Ha!" A scoff rang clear from Ryan before he shifted to a forced smile. "I appreciate your concern, Mr. Duncan. But we have plenty of associates that can provide what you're offering, and they're also known to honor their agreements." Ryan didn't know for certain what he said was true, since he'd not been totally caught up on the last three months of events in the organization, but he had enough faith in his boss that he'd trust in his resources rather than make a deal with a group that had not only broken their agreement, but lied about it. Personally, he wanted to collect what was due, make an example of him, and never do business with them again, but James had told him a number of times before that things were done differently in Dublin. Instead, Ryan put his hand on Richard's shoulder and gestured to continue on towards the table.

As the table and those around it came into view, it became very apparent who cried out. "Not having too much fun are we?" A slight grin emerged as he addressed Rudy as he waited for Richard to have a seat with his cohorts. As he took a seat himself, he grabbed a bottle of whiskey that had been delivered to the table. "Larry, be a good lad, and put the money and papers from the floor into a box on the table for me," he said as he cracked the seal on the bottle. After a sizable draft, Ryan handed the bottle to Richard to pass around. "Now, to business!" he said, clapping his hands together, "Since it's obvious that you lot have chosen to not adhere to the agreement you made with us, and we'd normally stop providing protection in turn. That's just how things work." Ryan said cooly as he reached under his jacket and pulled his handgun from it's holster, placing it on the table in front of him to make it very blatant what that meant. "However, since you have decided to atone by gifting such a generous sum of money, we feel that you may have learned from your mistake and will continue doing business with you," The friendly smile that Ryan had earlier reappeared as he gestured to the box that was being filled by the young man.

When Larry had apparently finished filling the box, Ryan rose from his seat, returning his firearm to his holster as he did so. He then picked up the clip of bills that he'd left on the table earlier, and removed a few of the large notes from it. Approaching the still pale teenager, Ryan took his hand firmly to place the notes in his hand. "I don't think you'll be needed here anymore, so why don't you take the rest of the day off, Larry. Oh, and it should go without saying but mum's the word, yeah? Now off you go." Ryan watched the young man quickly make his exit, and he hoped that he'd have the sense to never come back, since he doubted that the Duncans would let Larry's role in unraveling their scheme go unpunished.

Folding the flaps over the top and picking up the box from the table, Ryan then handed it over Syd's escort. "If you'd take this to the car, we'll wrap this up and meet you out there," he said in somewhat upbeat tone before turning back to the table. Since Ryan didn't particularly trust the Duncans, for apparent reasons, he wanted to keep them at the table while the money left the building. "I believe that we're done here, and since we're a bit short on time, I'm afraid that we can't stay and celebrate. Although, I would like to kindly remind you that while you're currently forgiven, there will not be a third time," even though Ryan still wore a smile on his face, his tone clearly indicating his lethal intent, "So, we'll be keeping a close eye on you for a bit. I'd also suggest you contact us next time before you stick your fingers in another pie. Who knows, maybe we can work something out."

Ryan was about to turn to leave when he remembered something, "Oh and I almost forgot..." In a quick motion, he flicked the clip of bills back onto the table, "This is yours. Because we can at least keep our word. Now, have a nice evening," and with that Ryan turned, followed Rudy back to the street to meet up with Syd, updated Rudy on the Armstrong's fate, and discussed how to proceed.

Misty Gray Misty Gray [The Duncan Kin] Shireling Shireling [Rudolph the Red] Pyroclast Pyroclast [Syd + Mack]

Last edited:
Chapter 15: Upset the Apple Cart
Friday 27th May 1960
...3 weeks later...
Early Evening - Sunset, Warm

1544915449350.png

The Archers Pub

James Porter and Richard Duncan

1544915460056.pngThe pub was quiet, but that wasn't abnormal given the time of day. Evening was approaching and as it did, more customers would surely make their way there for drinks that often lasted into the early hours of the following day. Half a dozen male drinkers were around the place: a trio, a pair and a lone man seated at the bar. Also in the establishment were Johaan and Patrick Duncan, who were most likely ready for an evening of drinks themselves. Working behind the bar were Richard and his new employee, Howard. The glass collector was struggling to carry a crate of bottled spirits from the back room to the bar area. This caused Richard to roll his eyes at the lad. "Come on. Didn't I tell you to start working out? Get some meat on those bones of yours," he advised the lad. The well-built man towered the skinny employee as he took the box from him and effortlessly carried it behind the bar, placing it on the floor and inviting Larry to fill the shelves. "Sure you can reach, or do I need to get you a ladder?" he lightly teased Howard, evoking an awkward laugh from the teenager.
1544975988815.png
The man who had been sat at the bar finished off his pint before bowing his head and tipping his flat cap to Richard. "Thanks for the hospitality. I'd best get going before I return home to another domestic," he remarked. "See ya later, lads," he called out to the others before stepping outside. He took a moment to admire the orange sky caused by the sunset before casually walking along the pavement then taking a sharp right to the parked car James, Rudolph and Nathan were seated inside of. He leaned against the wall as he waited for James to wind the driver's side window down. "There's no sign of Vernon and I heard the Duncans mention he was out on a date with some unlucky lass. Richard, Johaan and Patrick are there, along with some scrawny young employee and five blokes drinking. The five customers shouldn't give you any trouble and will likely take the hint to get out of there," he informed the three men. "I'll wait here and keep an eye out until you guys get back."

"Cheers, Danny," James thanked the man. He then twisted around in his seat so he could address both Rudolph and Nathan. "Vernon will have to keep," James pointed out. "You guys deal with Patrick and Johaan while I sort Richard out... We keep Johaan's snitching a secret from his family and, please, try not to go too hard on him. He might prove useful to us again in the future."

The purpose of the Porters' visit to the Duncans was not about the underground casino they'd been running behind James' back - though that was certainly not something he wished to ignore. There had been a number of armed robberies in some of the city's restaurants and stores. The men had been masked and civilians had been killed or injured during the robberies. Johaan had very recently come clean to Conor that it was his own family - himself included on a couple of occasions - who had been behind the crimes. Johaan had pleaded with Conor not to kill him or his family, reminding the Sullivan man that he was soon to become a father. James had agreed with Conor to keep the promise and not kill the Duncans, but it didn't mean they wouldn't suffer for it. Though he wasn't about to deprive Johaan of fatherhood, James still felt the man should be punished too, for his own part in the robberies but mostly to stop the other Duncans from suspecting Johaan was the snitch.

As they walked towards the pub, James repeated a part of the plan to Rudolph and Nathan. "When we get inside, I want you to calmly get the customers out of there and the entrance bolted shut. I only want the Duncans left in the pub." He turned to the men and looked each of them in the eyes. "You both ready?" he asked, stopping outside the main entrance of the pub.

Nathan had been working with the Porters for a few weeks now, with James and the others helping to get him up to scratch with the business in and around Dublin. This would be the first time Nathan had seen the Duncans, but he'd been updated about the family and their recent rogue ventures. For Rudolph, this would be his third visit to the pub and this time there was no question of the Duncans' unauthorised activities. They had been caught red-headed three weeks ago, but circumstances had meant they were practically let off for the gambling racket - an action James felt was the most sensible decision for Ryan, Rudolph and Syd to make. Now the robberies had come to light, James wasn't willing to make any more bargains and today's visit was to show them their actions had consequences, with hopes they would get the message once and for all.

LateForDinner LateForDinner (Nathan) Shireling Shireling (Rudolph)
Mentions: Enzyme Enzyme (Johaan) Pyroclast Pyroclast (Patrick)

"All That Jazz" Club

Conor Sullivan

1544915473340.pngConor had been out all afternoon, stopping in on the businesses to make sure everything was running smoothly and there were no problems from those the Porters protected. After Cliff, the ageing butcher, had been shot during a robbery in his shop, Conor wanted to make sure his family's presence was made known should anyone else get any ideas. Of course, by now he knew the Duncans were behind the robbery and he was certain Vernon had been the one who shot the old man. Conor had promised Johaan the Duncans wouldn't be killed, but it didn't mean he wouldn't beat the hell out of Vernon if they happened to cross paths.

Sinead had asked Conor to stop in at the jazz club as she hadn't made it down there in a few days. Seeing as his sister's business shared the same parking lot as the Sky Haven, it wasn't out of his way at all, not that he'd refuse his little sister's request anyway. As he got out of the car, he was distracted upon seeing one of his friends. After a brief conversation with the man, he waved him off before slamming his own car door shut. It was only a few seconds before he realised he'd managed to lock his keys inside the vehicle. He quickly made his way inside the jazz club and asked Kev to let him use the telephone so he could call for assistance. He decided calling Sinead's place rather than Lucy's had the lowest probability of him being mocked for his foolishness. "Hey there, Tinkerbell," he sheepishly began. "Slight problem... No, the club is spot on, all is well there. But I've gone and locked my keys in my car, so I'd appreciate it if you could send someone over with the spare set."

"Conor..." Sinead began, letting out a short laugh that she wanted him to hear. "Of course I'll send someone over. You are such a dork! How did you even manage that?"

"Can you not send Jackson, or James, or anyone who's going to rip the piss out of me, please?" he pleaded with her. "Tell 'em I'll be in the jazz club or the Sky Haven. Thanks, love."

The Porters House

Sinead Callahan

1544915505201.pngThe last three weeks hadn't exactly played out how Sinead had expected. For the six months Peter had been in jail, she'd imagined him coming home and everything going back to normal as far as their little family was concerned. She'd believed Peter would want to be close to her after so long apart, especially as she'd yearned to be close to him for so long. Whilst she was desperate to be held again - truly held, by someone who wanted her - deep down, she couldn't help but feel like Peter didn't love her how he used to. There had been some hope the previous week, when it was Sinead's birthday. Peter had spoiled her and taken her out of dinner, which she enjoyed and was truly grateful for. Still, the evening ended with them simply going to sleep, with her husband still unable to show her the intimacy she needed.

Sinead had repeatedly reminded herself to be patient with Peter and be understanding of how his time in prison had affected him. Despite acknowledging her own feelings, all she wanted was to show sensitivity to her husband for the awful experiences he'd had in jail. She'd been reminding Peter that she was there for him and that he could talk to her about anything. Then, she learned he was going back to work for James and she found herself struggling to support that decision. After everything he'd been through in prison and the ongoing effects both of them were struggling to overcome, she was shocked he would voluntarily risk ending up back inside again. Given that she was a woman who couldn't hide her feelings even if she tried, it was clear to Peter to see that she wasn't happy with his decision. Still, she'd also vocalised it to him, by telling him she didn't agree with his decision and questioned if he wanted to end up behind bars again. It hadn't been like all of those months ago when she was drunk and cried, pleading for him not to work for James. This time, she'd remained calm and collected, though clearly irritated. As much as she didn't want him to go back to working for James, she didn't want to deprive him of making his own decisions out of fear he might compare her to one of the prison officers who had controlled his life for six months. Sinead was torn between wanting to protect Peter and wanting to give him the freedom to choose his own path. Amongst all of the conflicting and confusing thoughts in her head, one thing Sinead knew for certain was that her heart was aching.

With Syd busy with work, Skye had offered to look after the three children to give Sinead chance to spend time with people her own age. The nanny had sensed all was not well for the Callahan couple, but felt it wasn't her place to ask about it or get involved at all. The best she could do was spend some time with the children and let Sinead unwind with some grown ups for a few hours. Sinead had agreed to Skye's offer, intending to spend the evening with Lucy and also inviting her friend, Gwen, over to join them. Sinead hoped her sister and friend would provide a needed distraction. With Lucy's due date only a couple of weeks away, Sinead was sure her sister's apprehension would provide enough of a distraction from her own problems. She was also unaware that inviting Gwen over to the Porter house could provide a little distraction of its own. Aidan had been asked to guard the Porters house and gardens for the evening, with most of the others out on other jobs. Sinead was unaware both Gwen and Aidan had already crossed paths.

Another man who was working at the Porters' place was Ryan, who was working in the garage. James had asked the mechanic to tend to some general repairs on a couple of his cars, having not had enough free time to take a look at them himself. Ryan's presence hadn't escaped Sinead's attention and she decided to detour to speak with him before she joined Lucy. As she entered the garage, she stood in the doorway and waited for an appropriate time to make her presence known, not wanting to startle him. "Knock knock!" she called out to him. She hadn't seen much of him over the last few months. They certainly hadn't chatted as much as they used to before that night when he confessed his feelings to her. Ever since, she felt like she'd lost someone else close to her and she'd hoped he would have come to her before now. She wondered if maybe she should be the one to approach him. "How's it going, Ryan?" she sweetly asked him. For all the familiar energy and friendliness to her smile and voice, there was no masking how downbeat and troubled she was behind the facade. "We haven't talked much in a while, have we?" she pointed out. The initial purpose of her visit was to see if Ryan would go help Conor, in her own way trying to get the two former friends talking, even if she couldn't do anything for Ryan and herself. But Conor's problem wasn't urgent and she didn't want to waste the fact she'd finally bit the bullet and struck up conversation with Ryan.

Fletchawk Fletchawk (Ryan)
Mentions: Bellz Bellz (Lucy, Gwen) Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford (Aidan)

The Textile Factory

Evan Shaw

1544915515763.pngFollowing the elimination of the Armstrongs, the Textile Factory had found itself in need of a new manager. Gideon had handed that responsibility over to Evan, who had gladly accepted it. With the place mostly repaired and back in functional order since the Porters' attack some months ago, production was fully up and running again. Evan's office had been redecorated and furnished, but that detail had been of little importance to the man. As far as he was concerned, the office was a glorified storage room for paperwork and reports to be filed inside of. The desk had been pushed up against the wall and basic round table with chairs around it placed in the centre of the room, instead. Evan wasn't the type of man to sit at a desk with his workers made to stay at the other side of the barrier. If he ever felt the need to address his workers in private, they would all speak freely with no allusions to his importance over them. He'd seen enough of that when Jared was running the place.

Evan had spent most of the afternoon busy working on the factory floor. As he finished up fixing one of the large spinning machines, he muttered an expletive before tightening the final bolt. He stood straight from his crouching position before tossing the wrench onto the nearby workbench. He glanced to the clock on the wall before looking at the group of men chatting nearby. Their break was 'officially' over but they hadn't yet returned to their duties. "Alright, guys. Five more minutes, then back to work," he casually called out. "Don't make me act like Armstrong and start calling it a tea break," he remarked, chuckling along with the others as his last few words had been said in an English accent that sounded very much like Jared's. With important IWU business to attend to, Evan decided to take his leave, trusting the more experienced employees to keep things running in the factory without him standing over them. "Make sure you're all out of here five on the dot - no later - and I'll see you back here Monday," he told the workers.

Last edited:
Friday 27th May 1960
...3 weeks later...

1544917905629.png

Sky Haven

1544917916854.png Evelyn McKenna

Evelyn took her job as inventory manager of the warehouse very seriously. Working for James Porter was a great honour for her, and, knowing from experience how horrible gangs can turn, she intended to stay in his good books. So when she received word from Aliana that there had been a problem with the restaurant's most recent alcohol consignment, Evelyn was most concerned. After questioning her own employees, whom she trusted to be competent, honest and loyal to both James and herself, and believed them to have successfully delivered the goods to the restaurant without any interception or personal interference, she agreed to come to Sky Haven after work to discuss the matter with Aliana.

The two women did not know each other very well, but Evelyn had seen Aliana around the Porter manor before and thought she seemed like a friendly enough person. She only hoped that the woman wouldn't be too quick to place the blame on her. Working for the mob meant that Evelyn was at the top of the game, and if they began to lose confidence in her, then it might damage her chances to work for other gangs. Although her job may appear straight, Evelyn was in no way used to a life outside of crime and had no interest in going down that route. When she arrived at the restaurant, Evelyn spotted Aliana sitting down at a table with Blake - 'Jackson's girlfriend ' - and sighed to herself. While it had been lovely to have Jackson back in her life after spending so many years apart, Evelyn was more than aware of Blake's glaring jealousy.

"Aliana, Blake," Evelyn called out with a smile as she approached them. "How're youse all goin'? You run a nice place here, Ali. I should come by here more often!" Taking a seat beside Blake so she wouldn't have to look her in the eye, Evelyn put her elbows on the table. "I'm sorry to be interrupting your evening together, but I've heard there's been a problem with our most recent alcohol consignment, is that right? Can you talk me through what's wrong with it?"

Interactions
Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Aliana
Bellz Bellz Blake

Chapter 15:Upset the Apple Cart
Friday 27th May 1960
...3 weeks later...

BeFunky-collage-2.jpg
Finn Sullivan
Dublin Hospital
aapPjF0d.jpg
Finn sat in his office, slumped over the last bit of paperwork he had to file before he was free to go home. There was a knock on the door and his head snapped up quickly to see who it was. The hospitals lawyer, Mr. O'Neil poked his head in through, a small smile on his face. "Well, you've definitely seen better days, Sullivan." The man's tone was lighthearted and warm as he then opened the door up all the way, revealing the busy halls of the hospital, the nurses and other hospital staff running around like busy bees in the hive. "How nice of you to say." Finn groaned out as he lifted his arms above his head, stretching his limbs out wide before slumping back down over his work. "This visit can't be good..." He added as he lifted his right hand out to grab the file that was in Mr. O'Neil's hands. The man didn't waste another second and handed the doctor the file. "You would be right Doctor Sullivan...it would appear the hospital is being sued due to an error you made during a stitching procedure. The wound that you had fixed up became infected and the patient almost lost his limb." Finn's eyes widened as he looked down at the file that had yet to be opened. Shaking his head slowly the man didn't look up at the lawyer as he slowly shuffled towards the door. "What happened, Sullivan?" He asked just as he made it into the doorway of his office. The doctor couldn't provide an answer and Mr. O'Neil shut the door behind him, leaving Finn to ponder his mistake.

The clock on the wall ticked slowly for a few more seconds before Finn moved again, reaching for his briefcase and grabbing the file off of his desk. Opening the case, he slipped the file inside before closing it and moving towards his office door. Now wasn't the time to worry about some lawsuit against him. His plans with George weren't going to change. Walking into the busy hallway again the doctor made his way towards the exit of the hospital, leaving his troubles and patients behind. The last few weeks had been difficult for Finn, he was losing sleep over medical cases that he couldn't handle. He had a hard time saying no and now it was beginning to get him in trouble. Walking through the front exit of the hospital, the doctor looked up towards the early evening sky and began to smile widely as he looked up at the colors of pink, orange and dark blues. The spectacular show before him made him briefly forget his troubles as he stood in the middle of the parking lot. After a few more moments, Finn forced himself to walk towards his car.
***​
The Sullivan's Pub
Finn pulled into the lot of The Sullivan's Pub, leaving his white coat behind in the passenger seat. Straightening out his blue button down shirt, he then locked his car before walking towards the front of the pub. The atmosphere was familiar and warm, welcoming him inside with ease. Looking around the pub, Finn's eyes sought out George until he find him sitting at a table in the corner. Lifting a hand, he waved to George, noting that the man didn't have any drinks at the table, he turned towards the bar to order some. "Can I get a pitcher and two glasses over to the far corner table, please?" Tapping the wooden bar twice and offering the bartender a charming smile, his order was given to him quickly and he turned to head to the table. "Georgie, how the hell are ya?" He said, his tone and smile so bright that no one would have guessed he was being sued. "Waited for me to get some drinks, how sweet. These are all on me!" He told the man before sitting in the chair next to him as he set the pitcher and two mugs down on the table.The man didn't wait to pour the alcohol into the mugs, "I hope you weren't waiting for me long. I got caught up in bloody paperwork at the hospital." Finn grumbled before taking a long sip from his own mug. "The one thing I hate about my job, the paperwork." For the time being, Finn decided it was best to leave out that he was being sued. He had yet to look over the paperwork, not wanting to spoil the evening by thinking about how much he would have to pay out...

Lucy Porter
Porter's House

superthumb.jpg
With everyone gone, the house was beginning to feel lonely for Lucy. Sure Aidan was around to watch over her and possibly keep her company but she still missed those who were familiar to her. Things were beginning to become more difficult for her in terms of movement. There was only a few more weeks until the baby was due and although she had done everything she possibly could, it still didn't feel like enough. Seated on the couch with Aidan standing close by, Lucy watched the clock on the wall while snacking on a few pieces of cut up fruit. Normally, she was talkative, wanting to get to know the people who looked after her but at the moment, she was silent. A lot was on her mind and she was trying to sort through it all. After she was done with her snacking, she had set the bowl to the side and looked out the nearest window. The sun was beginning to set, and the colors that the sky showed off were too good to miss. Hoisting herself off of the sofa, Lucy walked towards the double doors that lead out to her beautiful gardens, knowing that she would be able to get the best view from there. Walking down the hall, she didn't look back, knowing that Aidan was following only a few feet behind her. The warm are greeted her kindly as she laid a hand on her large belly and shuffled towards the gazebo in the center of the gardens, bare feet feeling the dust of dirt and small pebbles that filled the cracks of the walkway. The blonde knew that she should be resting, and if anyone of her family was here at the moment, they would be talking her ear off about how she should be in bed. Looking briefly behind her shoulder, she made eye contact with Aidan before smiling softly. "Let's not tell James, hmm?"

Slowly but surely, she reached the gazebo and took a seat on the one of two benches inside. With the sun setting, the shadows began to wrap itself around the property, slowly getting closer and closer to her as she watched it from afar. Reaching one of her hands up from her stomach, she delicately touched the vines of flowers wrapped around the walls of the gazebo, appreciating the beauty that they had to offer. The birds and the slight breeze were the only noises that could be heard around the garden, it was calming to Lucy as she leaned her head back against the wooden wall. The silence didn't last long however as the feeling of restlessness overcame Lucy. The blonde sighed and struggled for a moment to push herself up from the seat before walking down the stairs of the gazebo and walking towards one of the many bushes that housed her treasured flowers. Lucy decided to busy herself with tending to her garden, not able to sit still any longer as she made her way over to grab her gardening gloves and watering can near by. As she walked over to grab her gear, she passed Aidan and offered him a smile. "You just going to stand there or are you going to make yourself useful?" She hadn't spoken to Aidan much and she hoped her tone was obviously teasing to him. "You know anything about gardening, Aidan?" Lucy opened her gardening shed and bent down slightly to reach her tools. This was a mistake however, a dull ache throbbing through her stomach as she immediately stood back up, rubbing her hands over her belly. "Ouch." Lucy murmured softly as she continued to rub her stomach, scrunching her nose in pain. "Well, I'm not doing that again... Would you mind grabbing my watering can and gloves for me?"

with: Aidan Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford

Blake Walsh
Sky Haven
tumblr_o9w07ifShK1qej8bro1_500.png
Blake had just finished putting on some red lip stain before wand back inside the bottle and closing it up. Looking at herself in the mirror, the woman that stared back was almost unrecognizable to her. The blonde grabbed her hair from both sides and scrunched it up lightly, trying to give it the volume she saw in all of the magazines she read during her spare time. Tilting her head up, she looked at her complexion closely before leaning away from the mirror and standing up straight. She was meant to leave any moment, meeting Ali for drinks at Sky Haven. It had been a while since she had been out to drink with another woman, lately her life involved only two things: Jackson and work. Biting her stained lip, she questioned whether or not the outfit she currently had on looked good on her, twisting to the left, then to the right before pinching at the fabric delicately with one hand. Or maybe its the lips... Blake thought, her blue eyes staring at her lips for a long moment. When it was decided, Blake found a cloth before wetting it and wiping at her lips harshly. The red stain smeared past her lips onto her chin and above her lip, making it look like she had spilled wine all over her face. She scrubbed harder at the stain until she was sure it was off before lifting the cloth and taking a peek. She couldn't tell if her face was red from the stain or from her harsh scrubbing but she knew that she needed to reapply her face make up. Dropping the cloth on the counter below her, Blake quickly moved to grab her small bottle of face cream. Within no time, she was looking back to normal and her lips were free of the blood red stain.

Looking at herself closely in the mirror again, she still felt like something was off. The woman didn't like the way she filled out her outfit, lifting her hands to touch her sides slightly and running them along the fabric, she sighed. The blonde had to grab the counter as she sucked in a deep breath, her emotions almost getting the best of her. Blake wished Jackson was around, needing his reassurance to fuel her uneasiness. Pushing off the counter, Blake forced herself to turn away from the mirror, "No more." she repeated under her breath. Walking into the bedroom, Blake caught sight of the clock and knew she was running late, she rushed towards her closet grabbing a pair of slip on shoes and a light coat before heading out towards the front door.

***​
Well aquatinted at Sky Haven with Ali, Blake was enjoying her night out with the woman. Blake was on her 3rd whiskey and was feeling talkative, "You know what Al, I wouldn't be surprised if Conor and Jackson are on some sort of date of their own right now. Do you know how long it takes me to cheer the poor bloke up after he has to leave Conor?!" The blonde rolled her eyes, "If he wasn't working for the mob, I swear, he could have been an actor." Blake's eyes turned from Ali to look around the restaurant, quickly spotting Evelyn making her way towards them. "What is she...?" She trailed off, looking back at Ali with eyebrows raised. The woman never got an answer as Evelyn unfortunately made it to the table. "Evelyn!" Blake replied to the woman's call, smiling a little too widely as the woman began to make small talk.

She then shut her trap as Evelyn took a seat beside her, freezing for a second, surprised that she had chosen the seat next to her and not Ali. The shock wore off after a moment and Blake stared daggers at Evelyn for a moment before turning away. Trying to pretend that the woman didn't exist was hard when she was sitting close enough to push off the chair...Blake knew better, Jackson would be furious with her if she did that. Instead of doing what she wanted to, Blake picked up her glass and took a long swig of her whiskey as Evelyn continued speaking.
with: Aliana Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess ; Evelyn Pyroclast Pyroclast

Griffin Fitzgerald
Sky Haven
3f6912e70299d185fe5911c4631f8f2e.jpg
Griff opened and walked through the front door, panting heavily as he let it shut on his own. Walking softly down the hall, he headed towards the kitchen. Once there, he went to the nearest cupboard and grabbed a tall glass. Turning towards the sink, he flipped the faucet on, letting the water run, filling up the glass before turning it off. The house was silent, as it usually was without Bridget around anymore. Bringing the glass to his lips, Griff took a few gulps of his water before setting the glass down on the counter with a soft clink. His clothes were wet and he smelled of sweat, it was definitely time to take a shower. Leaving the kitchen, he entered the hall, walking past Bridget's room before he slowed his steps, coming to a halt a moment later. Nowadays, he couldn't pass his sisters old room without stepping in to take a look. It was something he had always done, even when she was around. Taking a step back, Griff turned the knob on her door before pushing it open gently. The room was...still. The person who gave this room life, personality...meaning, she was gone and the room reflected that emptiness. Stepping further into the room, Griff felt like an outsider as he turned his body slowly, observing everything that had been so familiar to him before.

The bed was unmade, ruffled and wrinkled like Bridget had just gotten out of it. The bright yellow sheets with sunflowers hung, half on the bed, the other on the floor. The light blue comforter was kicked to the end of the bed, falling between the mattress and the bed frame. A slight rustle of blinds made him jump slightly, causing him to turn towards the window. The evening breeze had disturbed the stillness of the room, bringing it back to life for only a moment. Griff shook his head, "Always leaving the window open." He murmured under his breath as he walked towards the window. Grabbing the bottom of the windowsill, he pulled it closed before locking it.

***​
"I'm not sure this is going to work." Griff said, him and Saoirse parked a few cars away from Sky Haven. "We could get their attention another way, right?" He asked, his voice reflecting his concern as he kept his eyes on the entrance of the restaurant. Gripping the steering wheel, he squeezed until his knuckles turned white before releasing it and sighing harshly. "Alright!" Griff groaned, "Let's go." With that, he opened his driver side door before getting out. He waited for Saoirse to get out and get around the car before walking towards the entrance of the restaurant. He held out his arm for her to take, pulling her close, he spoke, "If this goes south, for whatever reason, I want you to make a run for it." Just outside of the restaurant, he pulled his sister to a stop and looked into her eyes. "Do you understand me? I want you to get out of here okay?" He asked. He looked into her eyes for a few moments longer, making sure that she got the point before taking her arm again.

Without saying another word, he led his sister into Sky Haven. Instead of being lead to a table, Griff told the hostess that they were headed to the bar and they made a beeline for it. "We only get what we need to grab their attention, then we get out of here.." He looked around, trying to find any familiar Porter faces. When he didn't see any, the man frowned. He looked towards the bar then, spotting the door to the back easily. "Maybe you should stay in the car...?" Griff murmured to Saoirse, his voice full of concern as he looked to her.

with: Saoirse Misty Gray Misty Gray

Friday 27th May 1960
...3 weeks later...

article-385_50.jpgdublin_alleyway_blac-and-white_3_15.jpg5bb26ecd250000cf00386b62_2_35_2_80_1_98.jpg

Fitzgibbon Street Gardai Station
Carter Dresden

The bleached, sound proof walls boxed in the small room. The room was practically empty, excluding the table in the middle, accompanied by three chairs. Carter sat comfortably in the the isolated chair, his slouched posture supported by the three metal poles. The handcuffs that had been fastened around his wrists were strewn across the table, although the red lines on his wrists from its restraints still lingered.

The florescent lights shinned harshly down upon him, giving off a nauseous radiance around his outline, like a virulent halo. With his head carelessly sagging, the light failed to illuminate his face, instead shrouding his features in darkness. The horrendous light vanquished all vibrant colors from the room, leaving it a blanch, dull scenery.

Behind the one-way mirror, Detective Kelly studied the detainee. "Look at 'im," Kelly grumbled to Kennedy. "He's been sittin' there for over an hour; hasn't said a single word." Kelly moved for the cigarette burning in the ash tray. As he flicked off the remaining ash, he moved the smoldering stick to his lips. "I'm sure he's got a lot to say, though," Kelly added.

"We believe he's been doing dirty work for the Union for over a year now." Kelly motioned to Carter's files beside the ash tray. His record stretched further than the page could hold, but didn't reveal any serious offenses. "Yet, we barely got anything on him. Alex and Dusty were only able to nab him because of the bullet casings found way back in November." Kelly pulled the cigarette away from his face, looking to gauge Kennedy's reaction. "We won't have him for long, so get as much out of him as you can." Kelly pointed his finger to the recorder on the table, resting between Carter's hands. "Keep him talkin' and chances are, he'll say something' he shouldn't have."

mpower mpower (Kennedy)

Textile Factory
Gideon Burnell

The two goons held Adam's limp arms, dragging him down the narrow hallways. The burlap sack over his head had been turned a discolored red from the excessive blood, suggestion that the bag wasn't to hide his surroundings, but to keep the hallway carpet clean. The goons left plenty of room for Minnie to walk beside them, letting her walk in a more relaxed stride. Once they reached the tall door, the two men propped Adam's deadweight against the wall. With free hands, they opened up the door to the office.

The natural light from the windows gave off a far more welcoming scenery than the hallway. The tall bookshelves aligned the windows, its soft wood matching the hickory walls. The center piece was the large desk, where Gideon sat behind. Rather than turning to face the visitors, he kept his gaze locked on the view. "Sit the boy down and leave."

The two men didn't hesitate, dragging Adam around and plopping him on the leather chair. As they stepped back, they roughly pulled the sack off of Adam's head. The sight left behind was truly grisly. Adam's blood had mixed with cold sweat, which left his hair matted and glistening. The bumps on his face looked old, but not given the chance to fully heal. While he looked tan, it only came from the bruises that had faded from a dark purple.

The group turned to leave, but Gideon calmly spoke before they made it out of the door. "Not you." The two men stopped only briefly, before leaving. Gideon turned in his chair, his eyes locking on Minnie's. "Take a seat." The chair sitting between the two book shelves was empty, only a few feet away from Adam's side of the desk. Gideon's eyes then traced to Adam's sagging head. "Look at me, brother," Gideon calmly ordered, his wolf-like eyes peering over his folded hands.

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Adam) Bellz Bellz (Minnie)

Last edited:
1544963650568.png Adam Morgan

The last three weeks had been hell for Adam. With his entire support network now dead, his only company had been the IWU goons responsible for keeping him alive. Ever since the day the Armstrongs were murdered, Adam had been locked away in an empty storage room at the warehouse where the IWU were based, the only natural light coming through a frosted transom window. To keep him weak, the goons had subjected him to daily beatings. Without hope of escape, Adam was left with nothing to do but rest, his thoughts festering in his mind and slowly driving him crazy. He was no longer the happy, sociable, self-assured man he had once been; now, he spent every long, tiresome day wishing he was dead.

Having passed out from the pain of a fresh beating earlier that afternoon, Adam awoke to find himself being dragged across a hard floor, a wet burlap sack clinging to the bloody lesions on his head. Although he was barely conscious enough to register what was happening, the movement brought on more relief than fear. Even if it lead to more pain, he thought, it was at least a change of scene, a break from the unbearable tedium and loneliness of his cell-like room. When he was eventually dropped into a chair and the sack was ripped from his head, the harsh sunlight and pain from the rough fabric grazing against his wounds cause him to wince audibly. Now more awake, he was greeted with the mother of all headaches - his throbbing head hung down from exhaustion, blood still oozing from his fresh facial wounds. He heard a man's deep voice, then footsteps leaving the room and the door closing. Clutching onto the arms of the leather chair to stop himself from falling out of it, his swollen eyelids flickered open and he caught sight of a woman's figure sitting a few feet away from him.

Adam had never been the rebellious type, so when Gideon ordered him to look him in the eye, his first instinct was to obey. However, Adam had been worn down by fear and torture, both of the mental and physical kind, and in his current state his reactions were slow. Out of spite, he didn't look up to face the man, instead keeping his head down. "I'm not your brother," he rasped, the words falling from his lips through parted breaths.

Interactions
Enzyme Enzyme Gideon
Bellz Bellz Minnie

George Sanderson

1544967704266.pngGeorge had spent the last couple of weeks out looking for work, but with little success. The interviews had gone well and he'd shown he was clearly competent in the advertised roles, but his lack of references and then the mention of his criminal record had been the reasons for his rejections. The money his brother had been giving him was unlikely to last him to the end of the next month and he couldn't go back for more, not after quitting the kitchen job he'd had. For years, George had vowed he would make a honest living for himself when he was finally released from jail, but as the weeks went on, he couldn't help but feel he'd been naive. The temptation to turn back to fraud was becoming more difficult to ignore. He also knew his skills would be appreciated by the criminals of the city. Regardless, he was still trying to fight it, hoping for a break to come his way.

Any concerns were forced aside as George had planned to meet Finn that evening and he wasn't about to show up looking miserable. He arrived at the pub first and went to find a table before the place got any busier. He understood the pub was owned by Conor, who he had briefly met three weeks ago. The introduction to Finn's cousin had been short, as the Sullivan man had been made to return home following an investigation into the murder of a mayoral candidate and his family. George had some knowledge it was linked to the feud between the Irish Workers' Union and the Porters, but he didn't know enough detail to make any judgements.

Upon seeing Finn enter the pub, George returned the man's wave and observed as he went to the bar to get their drinks. "I'm good, Dr. Sullivan. How are you?" he brightly asked the man. Sure, he could be much better, but he wasn't locked up in jail, so things could be much worse. He chuckled upon being called sweet for waiting for him. "Nah, I just didn't want to get a head start. I'm still getting used to drinking, so I'll be pissed in no time," he reminded him. "Don't worry about me waiting for you; I'm a patient man. Besides, I could never deprive the public of such a good doctor," he reasoned. He took a drink from his mug and carefully placed it back down. "Mate, I'm a professional at paperwork! And I don't just mean writing up job applications," he remarked. His face turned a little serious as he glanced to the drinks then looked Finn in the eyes. "I can't keep letting you pay for the drinks, though. I'm determined to find work, but it's not easy..." He cleared his throat and briefly looked passed Finn. He was trying to be open and honest with him, but knowing Finn was a good man and one with a reputable job made it more difficult. Still, he decided to tell the truth. "I have to admit, things are becoming more desperate. You're a good man, Finn, but I must remind you that I am not. I'm considering the fact that I might not be able to earn a living the right way. It's becoming more tempting to fall back into my old ways," he admitted. "I feel I owe it to you to make you aware of that now, because you're a decent man and I care a lot about... about our friendship."

Bellz Bellz (Finn)

Saoirse Fitzgerald

1544976957577.pngSaoirse turned in the passenger seat of the car so she could face her brother head on. "We've sat a couple of tables from James Porter and his wife. We've even been near to Conor Sullivan. We didn't get their attention then, so what other way is there?" She was sure there were plenty of other ways to get the mob's attention, but now they were at the Sky Haven and her mind was set on it, she wasn't going to back out. "They owe it to us to help or at least tell us who killed Bridget."

Saoirse got out of the car and walked around the vehicle to meet her brother, taking his arm when he offered it to her. He told her to run if things went wrong and this caused he to quickly shake her head. "Run?" she asked. Griffin then looked her in the eyes and made it clear he was being serious. She quickly nodded her head, despite not being completely on bored with running away. "Alright! I'll run," she told him. He was still staring at her. "I will!" she firmly assured him.

Saoirse walked with her brother into the restaurant, looking around to see if she could see any of the Porters she knew of. There were some vaguely familiar people, including Aliana, the woman she believed to be the Sky Haven owner who had close ties to the Porters. She looked back to Griffin and faintly smiled when he said they would only get enough to get the Porters' attention and then go. He then suggested she should stay in the car, which caused Saoirse to frown and quickly shake her head. "I'm a big girl, Griff. We're both doing this..." Her eyes caught sight of the opened door that led to the backroom and then down to the stocked stacked up in the doorway. "Unless you want to go back to the car? I'll get what we need," she warned him. She then set off making a quick beeline for the backroom with the intention of grabbing some of the bottles...

Bellz Bellz (Griffin)

Aidan Flannagan

Aidan followed close behind Lucy, looking around intently to make sure nothing could harm her. This was his current "job," to protect the boss's wife, and to die before he let her. He nodded and chuckled a but when she said to not tell James, saying, "Of course, Mrs. Porter. My lips are sealed." He followed her to the garden, laughing as he said, "No, I'm afraid not, Mrs. Porter. My mother is great at it, though." He was extremely quiet today. He'd been thinking about Gwen near constantly ever since he met her. She fascinated him, and he couldn't wait to see her again. But that was for another time. He nodded at her request, grabbing the gardening gloves and can as he asked, "You sure about this, Mrs. Porter? I can try to do it, at least. Your husband won't be happy about this."

He followed her still, standing beside her as she did her work. His mind drifted off, thinking of Gwen again. For his entire life, he was a professional. He prided himself on that fact. But this woman...he couldn't shake her from his mind. It was driving him crazy! He felt like he could explode at any moment, and he couldn't do anything about it. He sighed, rubbing his eyes to try and purge her from his mind for the time being. It wasn't working for him, unfortunately.
Bellz Bellz

Minnie Abernathy
Textile Factory
bqWdWkq.jpg
Walking down the narrow hallway Minnie kept a close eye on the body being mercilessly dragged along the ground without any care. The brunette noted that the burlap sack they had placed over his head to prevent a mess was about to become useless, "Lift him higher, I don't want to be blamed for the messes you idiots are making." Minnie growled out, her steps slowing as she fell behind the two goons and Adam, her eyes glancing towards the ground as she looked for any signs of blood. She trailed behind as they propped Adam up against the wall. He was out like a light but they wouldn't be able to bend the man to their will if he bled to death. The wound on his head was deep enough for such a situation and if they didn't play a little more carefully, they would lose him. Minnie walked past the two men and dead weight Adam, eyeballing Gideon who was staring outside through the windows.

Heels clicked lightly as her steps once again slowed, Minnie watched as Adam was dragged in and set down in a leather chair. The sack was removed from his head and the sight was gruesome, confirming her previous concerns. The wound on his head was continuing to gush without stopping, the gash was so deep that Minnie was sure that it would need stitching in order to close it. Shaking her head once, the woman looked away from the sight, staying silent as she took a few steps towards the door. When Gideon spoke to her and told her to take a seat, she immediately did as she was told, striding over and sitting down in the chair. Her wide brown eyes watched Gideon as he ordered Adam to look at him. The woman leaned back, not expecting the Adam to be able to formulate any sort of proper sentence, let talk back. The life inside of him was ripped away by the weeks of constant beatings. It was satisfying watching someone die without actually killing them, seeing the last bit of hope leave their eyes...

However, when Adam spoke, his tone was full of hate and spite. His words made the brunette lean forward in her chair, a large smile forming on her lips. It wasn't often that the prey fought back, she absolutely loved to play with her food.
with: Adam Pyroclast Pyroclast ; Gideon Enzyme Enzyme

Finn Sullivan
aapPjF0d.jpg
Finn chuckled along with George as he stated that he was a professional at paperwork, not doubting the man's capability for one second as he lifted his mug to his lips and took a long drink. Upon hearing the subject of money, Finn began to shake his head and waving is hand out at George. He had a feeling that the last few weeks had been hard on the man, and Finn could definitely afford to pay for a few drinks every week. "Don't worry about it." Finn reassured George, looking at him closely. He noted that George wasn't looking at him at all and was actually looking past him. Setting his mug down, Finn rubbed his hands together nervously, wondering what he could do to cheer the man up. In the back of his mind, he wondered if this was somehow his doing, Finn must have messed it up for the both of them somewhere down the line...

Opening his mouth to ask if George was okay, Finn was interrupted after brief hesitation and he quickly closed his mouth and leaned forward to listen closely. Although they hadn't known each other very long, Finn had picked up that things had been a bit rough for George lately, even though the man hadn't mentioned much to him. Still, he nodded his head in understanding as George spoke his truth. It pained the doctor to hear that George had the urge to fall back into his old ways. There was a long pause between the two of them once George finished speaking and Finn took a moment to organize his thoughts.

"Thank you...George." Finn said softly, a light and friendly smile forming on his face. "You telling me the truth is something I cherish more than you know...really..." Lifting his mug again, Finn looked around the pub for a moment. "Just because you have these urges, doesn't mean you are a bad man Georgie." There was a fondness to his tone as he said the man's name. "What I see before me is a man who is trying desperately to stay afloat in this world, someone who wants to do his part. But he hasn't had the proper support system. Sure, you have to be responsible for your actions but George, mate, you haven't failed...society has failed you." With that Finn took another long swig before setting the mug down, "If you value our friendship, then you should know that as mates I will always be there for ya...all you have to do is ask, ya?"

Rudolph Meyers
The Archer Pub
Rudy Meyers.jpgRudy hit the pavement with a thud, a bit irritable that James had plucked him from a night off to pay yet another visit to the Duncans. But, when the boss wanted something done and was going personally to oversee it, you'd best drop what you're doing and go. His pressed grey suit was a bit hot, but as the sun was going down he was cooling off. As they walked into the pub, he sidled up to Nathan and muttered in his direction: "Just pay attention, lad. These lot aren't the worst thing on Dublin's streets, but they're about the sneakiest." He said. Nathan struck Rudy as just one more young kid that was cutting his teeth in the family business, perhaps a bit too mild-mannered, he would see.

Rudy approached the trio drinking at a booth and hooked his thumb towards the door. "Sorry boys, health inspection. You know the drill. Hit the pavement. Tab's on me." He said, laying a few notes on the table to cover their drinking expenses. When they had cleared all of the patrons, Rudy stood by the door and looked about the room. He let Porter handle Richard, as he was in no mood for talking to the Duncans.

Misty Gray Misty Gray LateForDinner LateForDinner

Aldous Penshurst
Sky Haven
lawyergc alternate.jpgThe Sky Haven was, apparently, an establishment that the Porters frequented. It wasn't really Aldous's preferred type of watering hole, but it would do. He just wanted somewhere he wouldn't be ambushed. He had worked for criminals before, but none with quite as many enemies as James Porter. He had spent the past several weeks buried in legal paperwork for the Porters. He had taken the trouble of having Rudy, Ryan, and a few other Porter enforcers registered as private investigators which, legally, allowed them to carry firearms in public. Beyond that, he had been writing statements, briefs, and coaching James on what to say and what not to say to the police, what his rights were, and when to ask for him.

As he walked in with a leather portfolio under one arm, he shook a cigarette loose and borrowed a match from nearby empty table to light it. He made his way over to the bar, where he noticed the whole gaggle of women who were girlfriends, associates, or employees of the various and sundry Porter men. Briefly, he waved in their direction before placing his palm on the bar and looking towards the bartender, "Gin and tonic, old sport, if you please." He said with Oxford-precise enunciation in an accent that would have made the Queen proud. He allowed the women to finished greeting one another before seating himself on the periphery of their group. "Lovely little place, this. Reminds me of the Falchion near Whitehall." He murmured, to no one in particular.

Misty Gray Misty Gray Bellz Bellz Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Pyroclast Pyroclast

Drogheda, Ireland

Jackson McCarthy

7ba6dfe92dfc9d92a6768b2406b4b52d.jpg
With a few Porters leaving for the heart of Dublin, a trio moved elsewhere. With some cash abruptly going missing, the only explanation could be that Johnathan Flaherty had let it slip through his hands. When sober, John was a phenomenal accountant with a knack for numbers. When he wasn't, the usually calm and well-spoken man was completely unrecognizable. Unfortunately for the Porters, Mr. Flaherty was a chronic alcoholic with an appetite for the cards. When he didn't have the money to cover his losses, his drunk alter-ego would dip into the Porter's funds. While a few slip ups had happened in the past, €2,000 were missing. Jackson, Peter, and Syd were sent to go collect him from a rundown pub in Drogheda and bring him back to the Porter mansion.

The drive was roughly 40 minutes, which led Jackson to take his Cresta. If he had to be stuck in a car for over an hour, he'd prefer to be strapped in his comfortable seat. Even compared to Dublin, Drogheda was a lawless land. Porters had a heavily influence in Ireland, but their grip was weak in the city up north. Jackson hoped that John was drinking peacefully on his own when they arrived, or else things could easily turn ugly.

The Cresta pulled into the desolate parking lot, only a few cars taking up spaces. The sign read "Ti Chairbre", the R and the E failing to light up. "This is it," Jackson indicated, pulling the keys out of the Cresta. As he opened the door, he felt the warm, May air blow against his face. He pulled his pants up while getting out of the door, feeling the grip of the Walther PPK rub up against his hip.

Jackson nodded to Peter, who had been off in his own head. He had noticed the change in Peter's upbeat demeanor since he'd been released from prison, but kept his observations to himself. He knew just how much prison could change someone and hoped Peter hadn't been affected beyond repair. "Alright, in and out," Jackson reminded them as they walked up to the pub doors. Coming from a completely different town, it was a different experience walking into a non-native pub. He didn't know anyone in Drogheda, so he had no idea what to expect.

Pushing open the doors, the three of them were greeted to a warm atmosphere. People drank at their own tables, drinking and chatting to one another. In the corner, John sat at a round table with a group of unfamiliar men. In his hands, as Jackson expected, were cards. A pile of money had been strewn across the table, suggesting that they were in the middle of a game. Jackson sighed heavily, shaking his head. The group walked over to the table, turning a fair amount of heads as they did. "John," Jackson called out, having to do it a second time to get his attention. "Jackson!" John shouted in surprise, slurring heavily as he did so. "Jesus," Jackson muttered to Peter. "Time to go, mate," Jackson informed the drunk accountant.

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Syd) Bellz Bellz (Peter)

Last edited:
Peter Callahan
tumblr_pj0sjuHiRU1vjcek8o1_640.jpg
The long drive to Drogheda left a lot of time for thinking as Peter sat in the passenger seat of Jackson's Cresta. To say he wasn't nervous would be a lie. This was his first job since being arrested and although it was thought to be a simple one, his nerves were shot. He was in good company however and that did at least a little something for him. Hitting the city limits, just by looking out the window Peter could see this place was vastly different compared to Dublin. It looked...grim. Peter silently watched the cars parked on the side of the streets as they passed by him, eyeing the area and people around them. Peter was uncomfortable in this part of Ireland, and he shifted uncomfortably in his seat as he forced himself to look ahead.

Pulling into a nearly empty parking lot, Jackson had pulled into one of the many spaces and when parked he confirmed that this was the place they had been looking for. Peter looked up at the sign that had been missing a few letters, staring at it silently for a moment before opening his car door and getting out. He was still getting use to it, seeing the world without the chainlink fences around it, but the slight evening breeze reminded him that he was free and grounded him. Catching Jackson's nod, Peter sent a nod in return before turning his head slightly to look at his nephew. It was strange being on a job with the young man now, Peter felt a strong urge to protect Syd. "Got it." Peter mumbled to Jackson as he reminded them that they needed to get in and out. Walking towards the doors of the pub, Peter placed his hand over his gun that was hidden in the inside of his coat. It felt heavier and heavier the closer they got to the pub and as they walked through the doors he couldn't help but wonder if he had made a mistake.

It had been hard to try and convince Sinead that he was ready to head back out on the job, it had been even harder to convince James. If things didn't go as smoothly as they all hoped tonight, if things were to explode...it was unknown how Peter would react. Jackson and Syd's life could be on the line because of him...

He was fine. Peter convinced himself of this weeks ago. The little bursts of anger he had after getting out of prison had stopped rather quickly but things with Sinead had yet to improve. With his marriage on the line, he was told that it was probably best to stay low for a while, rest up. Even when his body was at rest, Peter could never rest his mind. Images and voices kept him up all hours of the night, taunting him as if they were with him in his bedroom. The talkative and open Peter from before had turned into a hollow empty shell.The overwhelming and noisy atmosphere caused Peter to snap out from his thoughts, taking a look around the pub as they walked past many tables to get towards the back corner. John unfortunately was with a group of men, killing any hope of an easy operation for the three of them. As Peter looked around, many eyes looked back, causing him to tense as his hand slowly moved towards his coat, tucking it underneath the fabric and resting it at his side. As Jackson called out for John, the drunk hadn't noticed the first time but it seemed like a few of his gaming buddies did.

"Can't ya see we are playin' a game here?" Davin, a large and intimidating looking fellow grumbled to Jackson. "He ain't leavin' till he finishes the game." The other gamers at the table cheered in agreement with the large man's words, causing Peter to look to Jackson, shaking his head slowly. They weren't going to get the drunk out of here without some sort of confrontation it looked like.

with: Jackson Enzyme Enzyme ; Syd Pyroclast Pyroclast

Users who are viewing this thread

Back