• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A Family Affair: The Irish Mob - IC (Ended)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Kennedy Sullivan

Today was a day off for Kennedy. He left the station earlier and drove to the Porter house instead of his small apartment on the other side of the city. Even though he was someone who kept to himself, he could not deny that he‘d missed the busy household. Due to his working on the human trafficking case, on which the priority increased due to such a /cruel/ murder on a Gardai Sergeant, Ken had been busy with his extended team, trying to find more leads to their target.

Every Officer had a rather moody expression planted on their faces and Ken, not being the type to smile anyway, had been distinctly the grumpiest around. Public thought he meant it personal that Higgins died on his watch , but Kennedy simply still had to process that Higgins died because of him, in some dirty, abandoned apartment.

Nonetheless, he had decided for this path himself. Now he arrived at the Porter house, gave the front guard a wink, and entered the house after he has parked his car.

Now, Kennedy was punching a boxing sack for over 1 hour already. Him being in his suit pants still but without a shirt and his undershirt was soaked in sweat, like his whole body, due to the air in the basement and his overextend exercise . It was like Yoga or meditation for Kennedy, stress relief. All his occupations in the past required fighting skills, traditional or fair boxing was not used on the streets but still was an element of what he needed out there, or wherever whenever he is urged to utilise his expertise.

He had noticed young Porter with Jackson practising outside, which lead him to occupy the basement, thankfully being there to himself.

Right now, Ken was rather exhausted, each jab or swinger being slower than usual, his foot work was still on point, he was still switching the dominant foot, dodging imaginated incoming attacks and hopping around the boxing sack to get every single bit of the surface covered in hits.

Every muscle in his body was tensed, he could feel it and even see it, but he did not take a break, his fists still continued to do their deed in an always changing rhythm of punches.
Every hit was directed at a face he got to know in the past, mostly in negative relation, but he couldn’t help to get Higgins in his view on a morgen frequent base than the rest.

His last hit was harder and full of wroth as that smudge face of the Sergeant came into his mind again, and just then Kennedy noticed how done for he was, wrapping his arms around the sack to keep himself from collapsing.

The visitor on the door was not noticed by him firstly, as the adrenaline rushing in his ears mixed with his panting lead him to not hear anything out of his personal range.

Though after a few seconds he noticed that nobody answered the door as there was still someone knocking. He quickly took a towel and wrapped it around his neck, drying himself a bit to appear in a normal condition.

He opened the door and looked at the woman in front of him, raising an eyebrow as he didn’t recognise her, which lead him to take a step back and look her up and down.

„How can I help you?“

(Sorry for bad grammar or wordings, or just bad writing, I find it horrible to write on my phone)

Faye Armstrong
rachel-mcadams.jpg
The morning after the election the results had revealed that Jared had lost. Faye wasn't sure exactly what to think about it as he lead them rather quickly towards he car. Her mind had been distracted for the past few days, having learned some unexpected news. The redhead smiled softly as her husband kissed her cheek, holding open the car door for both herself and Grace. Faye hesitated as Grace wrapped her arms around Jared, telling him to slow down. Her eyes looked him up and down, wondering what was wrong. She was getting very concerning feeling from him. With all the complications in the IWU, things had been turning out for the worse for weeks. Chuckling at their daughters words, she was touched at how she tried to make Jared feel better. He smiled, which was relieving to her and she slipped inside the car along with her daughter. The Rolls didn't move as Jared had yet to get in the car. Faye turned to look out the window, the people and cars passing by. The news she had been with holding was conflicting to her. Of course she was happy for herself and for Jared, but after news of losing the election...perhaps it would feel overwhelming.

Her thoughts were interrupted as her husband climbed into the passenger seat. The car began to move and Faye watched as the people and cars that began to become a soft blur in her vision. She looked forward as Jared said they needed to pack as soon as they got home, her head nodding slowly having sworn she heard a sense of urgency in his voice. It was probably due to the fact that they were cutting it close with their flight time, but she wondered if it was something more than that. "I already started packing a bit last night, just the small things." She smiled slightly. The car suddenly turned, making her feel nauseated. Sucking in a deep breath, she turned to Grace and took her hand. "I'm excited for this vacation. We all need it." As Faye looked to Grace, she thought about Quinn who was out with Adam. She hoped that he would get to the house around the same time as them.

The car once again made another sharp turn, causing her stomach to churn and a hand to cover her mouth. If anyone had noticed, she waved them off and shook her head. "I'm fine really, nothing terrible." The woman mumbled through her hand. Once the nausea had passed, she cleared her throat and dropped her hand to her lap. For some reason, she felt like now was the best time to reveal what news she had. "Jared...Grace...I was going to wait until we were all together on our holiday to tell my little secret.." Biting her lip, she looked to Jared. "I'm pregnant."
with: Jared + Grace Misty Gray Misty Gray

Nathan Bennett
18a1fcea03376e419e96d0f24e1db953.png
Nathan graciously accepted his gesture to sit down, leaning back in the seat and taking only a moment to find himself comfortable. Despite the topic of conversation and reasons as to why he's here, he found it easy to relax and grow comfortable in his environment. Perhaps it was the ambience that the club provided, or the charming mannerisms between the Porter couple. It's been years since Nathan has had the chance to properly talk with him, yet he feels the strong connection between them return instantly. His wife, Lucy Porter, almost glows under the lights, her beauty worthy of a second glance - with admiration, of course. Nathan glanced at the bump on her stomach, making no comment but noting their growing addition to the family. If Nathan hadn't known either of them before, he'd mistake them for a happy domestic couple. The responsibilities of the criminal underworld clearly showing no signs of hindering their ambitions to be a joyous family.

The marksman let out a small chuckle, nodding his head at Lucy's small piece of humour. "Oh, I can believe that, Mrs Porter. He's like a big old teddy bear, isn't he?" The laughter resonates more between them, the atmosphere genuinely positive and stress-free. Nathan knew moments like this will be rare, especially when he ventures deeper into the affairs of the Porter family. Take these moments whilst you can, he always tells himself. "I'm ready, James. Don't worry. It's good to finally have a more meaningful and stable job, especially with an old friend." He briefly gestured to the Boss as he spoke, nodding his head with emphasis. His words spoke absolute truth. Nathan struggled to feel his sense of purpose in the obscure gangs of Chicago, never quite connecting with the cause or getting a decent wage. He hopes that it will change with his newfound position, now it was time to simply go over the details.

"But... I did come here for a reason. I suppose we should talk about the formalities? Where I'll be going first; who I'll be working with. All that crap." His tone laced itself with some sincerity, hoping to get through these tedious topics so he can finally settle in. Such conversations like these shackle his mind, causing him to worry about his position. Yet, Nathan knows he can rely on James. He's impressed by how far the Porter man has come. Nathan glanced between the couple, grasping fully that Mrs Porter is just as much of an asset as Mr Porter. Both complete each other and work together to protect the family. He wouldn't dare deny her his attention, especially with such serious details. It'd be against who he is completely. He sat forward in his chair, adopting a more serious position yet kept his expression focused on the Porter couple, awaiting their first set of orders.

Interactions:
James Porter; Misty Gray Misty Gray Lucy Porter; Bellz Bellz

Gweneth Sheehan
65543090e25fcc65e1f2db4bf53ca420.gif
Gwen tilted her head in admiration at Aidan as he said that he would just take a water to drink. The redhead wished she had that kind of self control, since working here, the amount of drinks she had ordered was to embarrassing to count. She couldn't help it, she had a taste for alcohol. Looking towards the bar, she waited for the bartender to head back their way before asking him for a water. Gwen smiled lightly as Aiden complimented her, her cheeks warming as she looked away from the Porters, turning her eyes down to look at her drink. "Thank you very much." She said, her wide eyes glancing up at Aidan. Looking to him revealed that he was looking towards the Porters table. The redhead grabbed her glass and took a drink just as the bartender set the glass of water in front of Aidan. She stared at James a moment longer before turning to get a refill on her own drink. "So Faye's your sister hmm?" Gwen asked curiously, striking up a conversation. The man had made the effort to walk over to him and say hello, she was curious to know who he was besides a stranger who happened to be her co-workers brother.

Another glass was placed in front of her and Gwen smiled sweetly, "Thank yooouu." She sang lightly. "What's it like having a sibling?" Gwen wondered out loud as her eyes once again eyed James as he sat talking with another man now, his arm around the blonde beside him, his wife. She couldn't imagine what it would be like to have a sibling in her life, especially one like James Porter. He was a criminal after all. Sinead came from the same family and Gwen adored and looked up to her but not everyone was a Sinead, life had taught her that much. "I don't have any siblings...at least one's that I know." It was an odd sentence and she wondered if it was right to speak about such a thing to a man she barely knew.

There was something about Aidan, his timidness and his distaste for alcohol that was very intriguing. It was funny, how different he was compared to her and yet, here they were chatting and having a drink.
with: Aidan Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford

Griffin Fitzgerald
The Sky Haven
Izombie-Season-3-Robert-Buckley-Portrait-izombie-40348402-2000-3000.jpg
The Fitzgerald family still mourned the death of Bridget over the last few months. Griffin was finding the pain to be just as bad as it had been from Day 1. The anger that he had been feeling was fueling he search that he wanted to start for his sister's killers. But with Saoirse feeling the exact same way, Griff felt he still needed to be the example for his younger sister and decided it was best to just leave things be. Still, it didn't stop him from working out almost ever single day, working on his strength for when he finally came face to face with his killer. He was well aware of how Saiorse was handling everything, despite his best efforts to keep her head held high, she was still hurting inside. She wasn't going to church as often as she use to, and he feared that she was starting to lose faith. Griff did the best he could over the last few months to keep her spirits up, but none of it seemed to be enough, he knew what she wanted and it was something he wanted deep down . Revenge.

It was a beautiful day in Dublin and with the store being covered for a few hours both himself and Saoirse could sneak away for a few hours to go to lunch. It was the first time that they had gone out in a while, he kept his promise to her that they would go out. Once seated inside the restaurant Sky Haven Griff eyed the others around them, trying not to look to suspicious as he took in the atmosphere cautiously. His eyes were a bit wide as his heart thrummed in his chest. Saoirse smiled at him which he returned slowly, nodding his head at her question, "Very nice." He murmured, his eyes once again looking at the customers around them. His sister went on to speak about how they needed to find peace and normality. At the mention of a girlfriend, Griff suddenly let out a laugh. He shook his head at her as she continued to tease him, causing a bright smile to form on his lips. "I think dating is the last thing I have on my mind right now sis," He told her truthfully. "Besides, with the streets littered with gang members, no lady would want to date a grocery store owner."

When his sisters spotted Conor Sullivan, Griff turned his head to stare openly at the man. "It is." He confirmed as he continued to stare. The man had thought about going to the Porters for help, he paid his rent on time, along with his insurance. There was no reason why he couldn't demand the help.

Sinead Callahan

1542313253957-png.504059
Sinead scoffed when Peter told her he should be the one who was proud. She leaned back so she could look to his face and let him see her playful scepticism. "Honey, whether you believed I could make it or not, how about not testing that theory again? I don't want us to be apart for so long, ever again," she honestly told him. It had been Hell and she was surprised she'd survived it at all, but she was determined to play it down as much as she could so Peter wouldn't feel bad about it. She wished she'd been stronger. "I love you too, Petey," she repeated to him.

As Peter took a look at the car, Sinead followed his gaze and quickly nodded her head. "Of course I can drive us home. Me and the car have bonded lately, anyway," she told him. She'd found herself driving a lot more in Peter's absence - especially when she'd been working at the club or the children had been demanding a day out. Sinead got into her car and set off driving, she glanced to Peter a couple of times to see his attention was focused on the prison. Once they were far enough away for it to be out of sight, she cleared her throat. "You don't have to see that place again," she told him, keeping her eyes fixed on the road. "I mean... you won't see it again," she corrected herself. It was said in a way of reassurance rather than a warning for him not to get himself arrested again. She was sure he didn't need her to tell him not to end up back in jail.

As she stopped at the red traffic light, Sinead turned to look at Peter and sent him a warm smile. "What do you want to do with the rest of your day, honey? Skye and Mum are keeping the children busy until you're ready for them to come back to our house to see you. Oh boy, they're going to be so excitable. And loud. And huggable," she lightly warned him. "I bought enough food in for dinner or we could just go out to a restaurant? Whatever you want..." She'd tried to imagine how she would feel after spending so much time in jail. Would she want to go out into the city and see all of the things she'd been missing? Or would she just want to relax with home comforts? She imagined he'd had no comforts. "I could run you a nice hot bath. Ugh, it'll be better than those horrible cold showers, right?" she said, assuming the water in prison had indeed been cold. "Okay, maybe I'm getting just as chatty and excitable as the children..."

Bellz Bellz (Peter)

Last edited:
George Sanderson

1542306150746-png.504000
Brian lit up a cigarette for himself as he waited for Finn to make his way out to greet his supposed friend, George. After taking a drag of his cigarette, he looked to George, unable to work the man out. Though he too had a thick Irish accent, it came with a softer tone and he seemed well-spoken compared to most of the men he communicated with on a daily basis. Still, he didn't seem at all intimidated by the security and carried himself like he new wasn't afraid to be around the Porters. "So, are you one of Finn's doctor mates?" he curiously asked.

George couldn't hide the grin from his face at Brian's question. "Ah, I'm afraid not..." he began. Thankfully, he didn't need to continue speaking as Finn came into view, eagerly waving at him. George raised his hand and waved back to the man, only just managing to stop himself from blushing at the enthusiasm on Finn's part. "I'm fantastic. Can't really complain..." he trailed off. The fact he was no longer in prison was bound to put him in high spirits, even if he could complain about his family and lack of job.

Brian nodded his head to Finn and opened the gate to let George in, without further word to the newcomer, despite his curiosity. George wasn't expecting the bear hug from Finn, but he readily returned the gesture, chuckling at his friend's comments about not having the prison wardens breathing down his neck. George patted Finn on the back before they both ended the hug. "Geez, Doctor Sullivan. Those are mighty fine hugging arms you've got," he told him, playfully nudging the man's upper arm. He had to remind himself not to look deep into the gesture. They were friends and George knew he had to keep himself in check, no matter how attractive Finn was. He was even more appealing now there weren't any barriers or watchful eyes on them like there at been in the prison's visiting room. "What have you been up to, mate? Other than just living in that majestic-looking house," George asked, as they walked towards the Porters place. "Did you and Eleanor part ways?" he asked. He hoped Finn would find someone who appreciated the man as much as the clearly deserved.

Bellz Bellz (Finn)

Jared and Grace Armstrong

1542491706816.pngDuring the journey, Jared made a point of removing his suit jacket and tie, having found the attire stifling all day, thanks to the early heatwave. Behind his sunglasses, his eyes were closed for a time as he listened to his wife and daughter chatting in the back of the car. He was glad they were both excited about going to London, even if they did believe it was just for a short break.

"I'm excited too, Mum," Grace told Faye. "I've already packed my camera and lots of film. I can't wait to take some photographs of Buckingham Palace. Is Gran going to meet up with us too?" she asked, thinking of Jared's mother. "I have so much to tell her." Grace observed her mother as she looked quite unwell. Faye assured her she was fine, but the girl still frowned. "I hope so... Do you feel well enough to travel?" she asked, with concern. She was silenced as the woman made a very unexpected announcement. Grace's features turned from disbelief to a bright, excited smile. "What?! Oh my God! That's amazing. You're having a baby?! Holy shit..." Grace leaned over to give her mother a tight hug. She never thought she and Quinn would have another sibling, so this was a huge surprise.

"Lily, watch your language," Jared berated his daughter, with very little conviction in his warning. Truth was, he was stunned by Faye's news and was still processing it, now convinced his decision to get them all to London was the wisest. He heard Grace say something about her profanity being the least important subject right now, but he didn't process it. After a short silence, Jared removed the sunglasses from in front of his eyes and placed them down on the dashboard. He then twisted his torso so he could turn to face Faye who was seated on the back of the car. His eyes glistened, showing that the news had clearly brought out his emotions during the awkward pause. "I'm... I don't know what to say," he told his wife. "I mean, this is amazing news. I just never imagined we'd have another child. For once, I'm genuinely lost for words..." he said, his cheeks blushing as he spoke.

Thankfully, they arrived home and Jared was quick to get out of the car, no longer separated from Faye. Jared handed Grace the front door keys and asked her to go in ahead so she could get her clothes packed. Meanwhile, he put his arm around Faye and walked with her towards the house, stopping outside the front door so he could turn to face her. He placed his hands on Faye's hips and looked into her eyes. "It's wonderful news, love," he assured her, placing a kiss on her lips. "My head's just spinning at this very moment. It's probably for the best that the election turned out the way it did. I'd rather focus on you, the kids... our future child." He rested his forehead against Faye's and spoke quietly in case Grace was still within earshot. "Let's stay in London. I can relocate my businesses and you can open a new bakery there. The IWU will find themselves a new leader faster than we can board that plane," he remarked. It wasn't far from the truth. There were men dying to jump into the spot and they'd never wasted time in electing a new leader before. He'd been voted in as Ciara's replacement before she'd even been shown to her prison cell.

Bellz Bellz (Faye)
Mentions: Shireling Shireling (Jack) Fletchawk Fletchawk (Quinn)

th
1808473.png

Aliana Cartwright
&
Leonard McGrath

The aftermath of the attack on the IWU had Ali taking another temporary leave of absence. She took another train ride to visit her mother, but this time around stayed for around two and a half months. Ali needed the woman's guidance about her life again. It was rare that she ever needed it, but she felt as if the woman she had worked so hard to be was becoming undone. Her character was all over the place at this point and only mom would be able to help her figure it out. The session involved at over a dozen bottles of wine, tissues, chocolates and smacks to the head. Eventually, they would begin to work routine runs in to make up for the chocolate, but that was later. The woman's main concern was who she was going to be after taking not just one, but multiple lives for the first time. Would she let it change who she was for better or for worse? That was a decision she needed to make before she stepped off that train when she returned home.

With James, she had discussed further involvement with the heavier stuff in the gang. To her surprise he had agreed, meaning she would need someone to replace her at "Sky Haven" while she focused on other matters. Leo immediately came to her mind, knowing how good he would be at it but specifically with the numbers. She told her mother all of this and she was hesitant at first, seeing as how she wanted her daughter out of the gang life. Alas, she knew when she was born into it there would be no turning back. Instead of talking her out of it, she gave the lessons she wished someone had given her and Aliana was grateful for it. When Ali's foot hit that platform two weeks ago, she was a different person.

Not completely different, however, as she was still the witty and sarcastic woman everyone knew and loved. Instead, she was stronger and more confident. Tommy's death no longer weighed heavily on her mind as a heartbreaking loss. Even if it was a cliche, she knew he would always be around; especially since she always wore the bracelet he gave to her. Ali was no longer conflicted with her life or with the decisions she made. Every decision she made, whether good or bad, was not going to be regretted. She was going to live her life with no regrets or missed opportunities. This was her life and she was going to live it. This new thinking of hers was going to start with determining once and for all where she stood with Conor.

When Conor arrived at the restaurant, she was sitting at the bar with her legs crossed, her reading glasses on her face, as she caught up with the months of work she missed out on. Leo was on spring break at the moment and was sitting next to her, explaining it all. "It's not that you're losing money, Al. You're just... Stagnant." Ali looked taken aback at his word choice but not because of what he was saying, just the word itself.

"That word sounds absolutely abhorrent when you say it like that." She shook her head and noticed Conor walking through the door. Her heart did the little skip as it had these days whenever she saw him. Catching his eye, she waved him over and turned back to Leo, who was scribbling down some numbers. "Okay, basically if your numbers keep looking like this, you'll barely squeak by this year." Ali took her wine glass and gave it a sip. "How unfortunate.." There was a pause as she bit her lip. "How about this, you think you can come up with a plan then? To help kick up our revenue." With a tilt of his head side to side, he nodded at her request. "Most likely." Little did Leo know, this was going to be his test before she handed "Sky Haven" over to him. "Perfect. Now, go away so I can talk to Conor." Leo gave her a light-hearted chuckle, gathering up the papers. When Conor sat at the bar, he made sure to make his greeting brief, knowing this new Ali would more than likely stab him if he didn't leave fast enough.

When Leo did depart, Ali gave Conor her mischevious grin, hiding any emotion she felt behind it. "Hello, Mr. Sullivan." Even her voice sounded different; bolder, more confident, and a hell of a lot more enticing.

Conor ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )

Last edited:

Conor Sullivan

1542550997894.pngAfter Aliana had been gone for more than a couple of months, Conor was genuinely happy to see her back in town again. Although he was on civil terms with Alex and he was making time to see Michelle, the whole mess of ending things with Alex had beaten him down for a time. With his daughter no longer living at the Porters place, Conor hadn't felt much need to stay there himself either. Instead, he'd spent most nights through March and April sleeping - or collapsing on his bed - in his apartment above the pub. The truth was, he'd been feeling the same emptiness and lack of direction that had been causing friction between him and his family before Alex showed up in Dublin all those months ago. James had given Conor control over the more social and management side of their businesses, letting him ensure their pubs, restaurants and casinos were running smoothly. Really, it was perfect for him as he loved befriending and catching up with their employees. It had been quite ideal that he'd met Evelyn all of those months ago, as her role in the business tied in closely with his own - they needed the alcohol stocks if things were to function at all. If he didn't think too much into it, Conor would be able to enjoy the fact that his part in the family business was a relaxed one and one even Sinead would be encouraging of. But it still didn't feel right. Conor had wanted this when he thought he was settling down with Alex and Michelle, thus needing stability, but he now realised that had just been a crazy dream of his and one he could finally put to rest for good.

With lack of positive distractions and the fact nobody was around to observe his habits, Conor had spent a big chunk of the last two months out getting drunk with his friends and collapsing into bed shortly before sunrise. Though Jackson was one of his closest friends, he'd not spent much time with the man lately, a mixture of him being settled with Blake and also not wanting to put his friend in any awkward situations. In the past, James had tried to get Jackson to talk sense into Conor and that was the last thing he wanted to happen again. The truth was that Conor was getting bored. When he wasn't drunk, his thoughts always returned to his time in Chicago, when he had been there to kick the crap out of anyone causing his family trouble. Added to those thoughts were the memories of being tortured by Vinnie Romano - even after of all those years, they had never left his mind and the severity of the psychological effects had barely lessened. The feeling of drowning had remained as terrifying as it had been that night.

Conor had only been able to go off the rails for so long before he eventually managed to come to his senses on his own. Over the last few weeks, he'd realised how much he missed his family and decided the only way to get back into the more serious side of the business was to work hard to prove himself again. He's started sleeping back at the Porters' place and offered his services to James for any other job he might need doing. He'd also learned Aliana had returned to the city a couple of weeks ago and that had filled him with more determination to succeed. Regardless of how many nights out he'd been on during Aliana's absence, he hadn't once felt compelled to flirt with any of the women he'd crossed paths with. Conor and Aliana been close before Alex had even returned into his life, but only over the last few months had he realised his connection to Aliana was deeper than just sharing a bed together. Even in her absence, she'd been on his mind and he'd had no desire to spend time with any other woman.

Now at the bar, Conor greeted Leo, thought their exchange was surprisingly brief. He shrugged it off and focused his attention on Aliana, returning that mischievous grin of hers. She sounded different, as if she'd grown even stronger during her absence. He was aware of the part she had played in the attack on the IWU. Whilst he'd initially been uncomfortable about her going out there and shooting the bastards, he'd realised it had mostly been because he worried about her and he'd wanted a part in it too. He knew she wouldn't have taken murdering people lightly and he also knew it was something she would have felt she had to do to lay Tommy to rest. He didn't judge her for it at all. Being a part of the family he was in, why would he? He didn't need to think about that now.

There was something very alluring about her as they sat at the bar together. "Well, helllo, stranger," he smoothly told Aliana, sending her a flirtatious smile. He pointed to the reading glasses she was wearing and then grabbed a beer mat which he used to playfully fan himself off. "I must say, Miss Cartwright, you look pretty hot in those glasses," he admitted to her.

Conor was briefly interrupted as the barmaid took his order. He then turned back to Aliana and regained his composure, placing the beer mat back down on the bar. "How are you doing now, Ali?" he seriously asked her. He knew she'd needed the break and hoped it had proved successful for her. He then motioned in the direction Leo had walked off in. "I haven't seen your brother around much lately," he said, regardless of the fact he hadn't been around the Porter house much himself. "Is he still sweet with Del? I've not seen or heard much about the two little lovebirds lately."

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Aliana, Leo)

Last edited:
Aidan Flannagan
Aidan thanked the bartender as he got his water, saying, "Faye? Yeah. I have several more siblings. It's..." He paused, chuckling to himself as he remenisced, before saying, "Interesting. You always have company, at least." He paused at her mentioning not knowing if she had any siblings, saying, "Oh, I know I have some siblings I don't know about. With the way my father lives, he's definitely had several bastard children. Pardon my language." Aidan didn't curse much, mainly because his mother didn't like cursing. He was trying to be better, especially since his mother passed away.

The man sighed, saying, "So, how long have ya worked here? I was out of town for family business for a while. You new here?" He smiled at Gwen, waiting for an answer as his eyes glanced over to his sister, who was proudly smiling at him. He chuckled a bit, looking back to Gwen. He looked into her eyes, lost in them as he rested his head against his hand. He was enamored by the woman, fascinated. He wanted to know more about her, possibly even become her friend. Or more. Who knew?
Bellz Bellz

James Porter

1542396970135-png.504342
James grinned when Lucy responded to his comment with a playful one of her own. This was then followed by Nathan referring to him as a teddy bear. "Ah, come on now. How about we keep that information to ourselves. Can't be losing my street cred, can I?" he joked. He then gently rubbed Lucy's shoulder. "No, this is a good family. Especially the Boss-lady, here," he told Nathan. James then straightened up his posture and for now moved his arm from around Lucy, instead reaching out to lift his glass to take another drink of scotch. He took a little time to look around the club, as he usually did, to make sure everything was running as it should be and without cause for suspicion. He did notice one of his men, Aidan, at the bar with Gwen. A brief smirk crossed his lips as it appeared the man was trying his luck with the singer.

Bringing his attention back to Nathan, James decided they'd spent enough time on the pleasantries and they should discuss business. He listened intently as the man made it clear he was ready to work for the Porters, especially as he and James were old friends. Nathan then went on to question who he would be working with and the jobs that would be asked of him. "Well, you've already met Evelyn, I believe? I'll be needing you to help her with the deliveries and shipments; making sure everything gets from her place to where we need it. Taking down anyone who tries to get in the way of that... I've got one or two guys in mind to help you and you'd also be in communication with Conor quite often."

James glanced to Lucy as he thought of the other duties Nathan would be taking on. "We also need someone we can trust to act as a bodyguard when needed. That will also involve some driving, so don't be scratching my cars," he half-joked. "In all seriousness, though. I expect most of it will involve providing extra cover out on jobs. Taking anyone down before they can get in the way. But there may be times when I need you to protect members of my family too... Luce and I have two daughters who want to go out and live their lives. Also, Luce's sister, Sinead, spends a lot of time down here singing and managing the place," he explained, knowing if Peter was to return to working for the gang that he wouldn't always be able to protect Sinead. "I could do with eyes out around here on those nights too."

James leaned forward and rested his folded arms on the table. "You'll remember when we first knew each other, the Romanos were running things in Chicago and I was fighting to help the Sullivans against the bastards. Over here, my family is in control of the city, but that doesn't mean things are easier or comfortable. The last few months have been the toughest since I got here ten years ago. The IWU have proved they will attack us and without regard for the innocents harmed or the destruction caused. Securing and developing this business is important, but the safety of my family and my employees comes first. Can you help me with that?"

LateForDinner LateForDinner (Nathan) Bellz Bellz (Lucy)

1542572513247.png Evelyn McKenna

After waiting patiently on the doorstep for a few minutes, the dogs' barking began to die down. Evelyn had even thought to call ahead this time, just to make sure at least someone would be in, but the longer she stood there the more it seemed that the family had changed their plans. Before turning away, she decided to try one more time. However, as soon as she raised her fist to knock, the door opened and if she hadn't quickly lowered her hand again she might have hit the man standing before her square in the face. He wasn't anyone that she had seen here before and the look on his face didn't make her feel all that welcome. The dogs did, however, and she bent down slightly to pet them as they scurried over to greet her.

"I'm Evelyn McKenna, from the warehouse," she replied. The man wore a rather unwelcoming expression and it made her confidence waver slightly. Dressed as he was, it certainly didn't seem like he had been forewarned of her visit. "Don't worry, James was expecting me to come," she continued, holding up the file in her hand. "I've come to deliver the turnover report and fill out some paperwork about my new employee." Having come all the way to visit, Evelyn decided she wouldn't be put off by the stranger at the door. She pushed her way through the sea of dogs and entered the main room. As though to prove that she had come with a purpose, she walked directly over to the filing cabinet where James had told her she would find the paperwork she needed.

"Are you a friend of the Porters, then?" she asked the man, as she unpacked the file onto the desk in the corner of the room. "Are you family? What's your name?" Evelyn looked up to him with a small smile. If she was to get all this work done, then company wasn't exactly what she needed, but the man made her curious. It was clear he wasn't just a visitor like her, with that towel draped across his shoulders and his answering the door. Still, she couldn't be too surprised. The size of the family was slowly revealing itself with each visit and there were always more people to meet.

Interactions
mpower mpower Kennedy

Ryan Donahue

Riding through the streets of Dublin felt almost new to Ryan, especially after spending a couple of months in New York City. While it wasn't what he call warm, it was still more temperate than the chilly spring that NYC was only just starting to break when he got on the ship back to Dublin.

NYC was definitely a learning experience while working for Liam Sullivan, Arlene's brother. While Ryan had been proficient at his role of Enforcer during his tenure in Chicago, his hometown had not need his skill set in last couple of years and he had grown stagnant. This had become apparent to Ryan in his tangles with the IWU. Except for the two weeks to visit his Ma in Chicago, Liam put Ryan to work every chance he could. The result was that Ryan returned to Dublin in top form and with a few new tricks of the trade.

Oldie maybe.gifWhile his tiny room in Clinton had been close to the water, the air didn't have the same ocean smell that wafted through the open car window as he and Rudy neared the Archer's Pub. Ryan hadn't been paying the radio any mind as they drove and his mind was bouncing between relearning the Dublin streets and a few things that he needed to take care now that he was back.

This also lead to Rudy blending into the background while Ryan drove, but when the man started speaking about a McKenna woman, he inferred that that some changes had taken place while he was gone and that his partner for this job wasn't exactly overjoyed about it for whatever reason. In response, Ryan could only shrug slightly since he hadn't met this McKenna woman yet and didn't have an actual opinion on her.

"I'm sure the boss put her in the spot for a reason. If this McKenna gal ain't up to snuff, we'll deal with it then. Sound good?" While Ryan was fairly certain that Rudy was just complaining, but with the Archer's Pub coming into view, Ryan didn't really want to lead this train of thought on too much. So he intentionally cut it short and nodded to the establishment, "I hear you've been here before, anything I should know?"

Shireling Shireling [Rudy]

th

Aliana Cartwright

There was a certain joy Ali felt when Conor now came around. To be honest, with those blue eyes of his who wouldn't feel joy? At the moment he was fanning himself with one of the bar mats; a sight Aliana found amusing. Her smile widened when he complimented her in her reading glasses as she expertly crossed and uncrossed her legs. "Well, I'm glad my inability to read clearly helps me look more attractive." She joked. With her wine in hand, she took a sip and set it back down. Momentarily her eyes narrowed while examining him. He looked... Different in some way to her. She leaned forward and raised a warm hand up to his cheek before stroking it with her thumb. "You look tired, love." Her voice was filled with concern about what he had been up to whilst she was gone. While his demeanor said the same thing it did whenever she saw him, his eyes were different.

With his question she leaned back and shrugged her shoulders. "I feel... Better." She looked at him and paused, internally subsiding the fight between her heart and her head. Her heart was telling her it was okay; she could open up to Conor. Her head, on the head, was advising her it wasn't a good idea and all men were just a waste of her time. 'Not this one. "You know," she started before tiliting her head to glance to the side. "I thought it would consume me, you know? My conscience. That I'd succumb to the dark thoughts that just kept telling me what I did was wrong and horrible and that I should hate myself for going down to their level." When she looked at Conor, she was deathly serious. "I don't regret any of it, Conor. Not the new Ali. She regrets none of it." She knew that he would understand or at least hoped he would understand where it was she was coming from.

A small laugh escaped her lips when Leo's love life was brought up. "It's possible you haven't seen him because he's such a bookworm. When school is in session, I don't even see him and he lives with me." She said shaking her head. It couldn't be said that she didn't praise her brother's study habits, but she did wish he got out more. At the mention of Del, she grabbed her wine glass and sipped some more before asking for a refill. "Don't quote me, but they may have broken up. Leo was really down and said he was getting to be too busy with his school work and internships and he felt bad for not having time for Del. So, he did the unselfish thing and broke it off... I think." Ali remembered having some sort of conversation with Leo about all of this but it was about a month ago, she couldn't remember if he actually did it or not. "I'll fill you in when I get more information. For now, what have you been up to whilst I was gone? Breaking hearts?" It was meant to be said as a joke as she hadn't known he broke things off with Alex..

Conor ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )​

Conor Sullivan

1542550997894-png.504946
Conor chuckled at Aliana's response to his compliment about her glasses. "You're already attractive without them, they just add another edge to it," he charmingly told her. It was a well-known fact that Conor was a flirt and he was never afraid to be blatant about it. With Aliana, it was different. He wasn't telling her she looked good in her glasses because it would get her into his bed - the fact was, he genuinely thought she looked good in them. The conversation soon steered away from his comment as she pointed out that he looked tired. "Ah, you know what it's like managing restaurants and pubs. Late nights and all that," he said, casually shrugging off the subject so as to not cause any concern.

Conor was glad when Aliana told him she felt better, though he still searched her eyes and face for evidence against her assurance. He felt there was more to it and was about to see if he could delve further into to subject, but she spoke again to further elaborate. When she spoke of how she didn't feel regret or any heavy toll on her conscience for killing those IWU members, he simply nodded along. Whilst he'd hospitalised and severely injured men over the years, he had not yet killed another human - not to his knowledge. Yet, he still felt like he understood Aliana. There was no judgement or distaste towards her for being a killer. Many of the people he loved or called friends were killers, but it didn't make him think any less of them. Even Lucy had killed before and he thought no less of his dear sister for it. They did what needed to be done for his family and to take down the bastards threatening them. "After what the IWU has done and the things they will no doubt continue to do, I don't see why you should let it consume you," he firmly reassured her. Conor accepted his pint of beer from the barmaid and handed her the cash to pay for it. He then took a sip of the drink before placing it down on the beer mat. "It's easy to say we should live without regrets, but do you know what my biggest regret is? It's not killing Vinnie Romano when I had the chance. I can go into a whole list of reasons why I didn't try to, but none of that negates the fact that my old man might never have been killed if I'd got to Vinnie sooner... So the way I see it, the more of those IWU pricks we take down now, the safer we all will be."

Conor was sad to hear about Leo and Delilah, not that he'd try to get involved with his teenage niece's loves life. "Well, all I can assume is that it's all been sorted peacefully. I mean, James isn't on the warpath looking for Leo or anything," he joked. The subject was soon directed to himself and therefore another break-up. The smile dropped from Conor's face as he slowly nodded his head. "Yeah, I guess I have been breaking hearts in your absence," he admitted. "Around the time you left, I ended things with Alex and she moved into her own place with Michelle. Alex is a grown up and I think she understood, even if she was annoyed with me. Michelle wasn't quite so understanding and she was upset about it. Y'know, not getting to have both of her parents living together as she'd been hoping for. Though she's come around now and I don't have to grovel to the kid so much anymore," he explained. "My Mam was pissed off with me for fucking up again, so I spent a lot of time away from Luce's place until a few weeks ago." He knew Shannon didn't really care about Alex and she never would be able to forgive the Romanos, but his mother was still angry with him on principle.

Conor lifted his glass for another long drink before setting the pint down again. "I was wrong this whole time, Ali. Took me long enough to realise, but the only woman I've been able to think about these last few months is you," he admitted, sending Aliana a smile that had a rare vulnerability to it. He wasn't sure how she would respond to such information, given they'd always got by through not talking about their feelings. What he did know was that, for once, he needed to be completely open with her.

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Aliana)

Kennedy Sullivan

Kennedy had not expected visitors this day, he had spoken to Brian to tell him if there are folks planned for the day, so he could anticipate when and where someone could interrupt his small training. Perhaps the door guard had not taken him seriously or did simply not listen to the Sullivan. Whatever it was, the woman in front of him left him long enough speechless for her to enter without him hindering it by any chances. The beasts, the Porter dogs, appeared to know her already which was a good sign, at least something they were useful for, Kennedy thought as he stepped aside and just kept on looking at her, he also started to inspect her dress code and movements as soon as she entered through the entrance, trying to find hints of emotions besides her facial expression, even mismatches or signs of a facade.

His arms were crossed in front of his chest, one would think it was a way for him to impress or even threaten the foreigner with his muscular chest and arms, but Kennedy was not such a type. Crossed arms usually meant antagonizing from his side. Even though Evelyn McKenna seemed to be a lady of style, an attractive one even, he could not really let that drop his guard. These type of women usually were the fall of a man, Ken thought once again in silence, still eyeing her in his suspicious way. He followed her slowly as he listened to her task, not before he could close the front door though whilst trying his best to ignore the dogs trying to achieve his attention, one of them even appearing to jump in front of him. As they reached the cabinet, Kennedy leaned against the wall with his left shoulder, tilting his head towards the right.

As she asked for his relations to the Porters, his mind went into a blank modus for a second, trying to figure out how to pack it. He did not like foreigners, especially in connection to the Porters, he was supposed to know all acquaintances of them via his dossiers of the gang. Staying on a proper distance, he simply answered without any return to the smile: "I am Kennedy Sullivan, I am Lucy's cousin and Finnian's older brother. I don't think we know each other." He stopped in his tracks for a moment as he looked down on himself, noticing how absolutely done for he probably appeared. "Guess I didn' expect you. You're asking many questions for a foreigner. Let me return them...what're you working on in that warehouse? For how long do you know James already and in what relation? Who's the new employee? Guess I ain't up to date.", he simply stated without any undertone in his voice.

Now he expected her reaction, his mind drifted off to remember the locations of guns in the house, in case of this being a retaliation of the IWU and him being completely oblivious to an ongoing repercussion. His shoulders and neck tensed as he thought of this possibility, his eyes once again ran her down to check for any bulges or weapons.

Pyroclast Pyroclast

Gideon Burnell

5b777c60-dcfe-11e6-806d-a7422c46f328_jm.gif
The flustered situation, along with Faye's news, had captivated the Armstrongs long enough to where they hadn't notice the lack of security. Only one man had been on the property, a fresh face who opened up the entrance for the Rolls Royce, replacing the guard who usually worked the tall gates. The men who usually patrolled the lavish gardens were absent, the leaves eerily rustling in the wind, completely abandoned. The tall mansion was also strangely quiet ; the curtains drawn, without any artificial lights filling through the cracks.

The inside of the house was as dark as expected, pitch black. The sound of the door opening echoed down the halls, their voices breaking the silent sound barrier. As one of their hands flicked the switch, the sudden light exposing the four men standing in front of them. The men had covered their features in balaclavas, visibly armed with submachine guns. Before even shock could kick in, the man in front bashed the butt of his gun against Jared's forehead, causing a sickening crack to erupt. Two of the men caught Jared before his knees could hit the floor, blood running down the open gash on the side of Jared's head. The two others grabbed hold of Grace and Faye, gripping them tight enough to where resisting would be entirely futile.

One of the men raised Jared up, while the other relentlessly beat him with his gloved knuckles. Once Jared was beaten to submission, the thugs dragged them into the sumptuous living room. Most of the guards missing from the property were found on their knees with their hands behind their heads, facing the pristine, white walls. Men behind them, masked, aimed their firearms to the back of the guards. The entire place looked ransacked, clustered, furniture in the room had been turned - all accept the master's chair, where Gideon sat with his fingers crossed.

The thugs threw the Armstrongs to the floor, allowing the family to clump up together. "I was wondering when you'd arrive," Gideon calmly spoke, moving up from the chair and standing up to the full height of his imposing stature. "I figured you'd come back to what's left of the factory and we'd discuss the future of the IWU." Gideon took his time walking over the Jared, his heavy boots slowly pushing off the creaking wood. "Then we found these." Gideon motioned to the two thugs wheeling out their suitcases. The men tossed the cases aside, causing clothes to fly out of the unzipped packs.

Misty Gray Misty Gray Bellz Bellz

Finn Sullivan
Porter's House
Liam-Hemsworth-The-LANE-Man-2-2.jpg
Finn chuckled as George told him he had fine arms for hugging, "I'm the family hugger around these parts. Anyone having a bad day will be guaranteed a smile once they hug me." He said, his pearly whites showing themselves off, unable to keep the smile off his face. He looked to Brian and added the man a firm nod, "Thank youuu!" He sang to the man before waving George along. As George asked what he was up to, Finn just shrugged his shoulders. "Same as you, can't really complain. I'm working at the hospital now, figured I might as well make something of all the time I have now." Biting his lip, Finn nodded his head at the question of Eleanor. "Um yes, we both sat down and decided that we just weren't as happy as we were before..." His sentence trailed off as they got to the front door.

"The boss isn't home, but I'm sure he trusts my judgement of character." He said sending a teasing look George's way. "You aren't a criminal are ya?" The smile on his face was growing, knowing fully well of where George came from. "Well, it don't matter because everyone here is on the same boat, mate." He clarified, regardless of George's answer. Dogs barking in the distance made Finn chuckle. "First thing you should know about this house. There are a lot of dogs. I'm convinced James and Lucy are going to retire with at least 100 dogs under their care." Lady and Samson excitedly came up to greet the newcomer, sniffing George and around him as they checked him out. Finn reached down to scratch the pups ears to which they happily wagged their tails. Once he was standing straight up again, Finn extended his arms out, gesturing to the entry way.

"So this glorious home belongs to my cousins. I wish I could own something as incredible as this place, but, they are nice enough to let me crash here for long periods of time...until I decide to travel again."Looking back to George he asked, "Would you like the grand tour?"

with: George Misty Gray Misty Gray

Peter Callahan
I3cV.gif
Peter nodded silently, vowing to never step foot in that place again. He jumped as his wife cleared his throat and cleared his own before turning to her. Sinead had corrected herself, but Peter hadn't missed the way she said it before. The man fell silent again as his thoughts started to eat him alive. Why did I take the fall? It was because he had so foolishly decided to take the blame. Could it have been someone else? Anyone else could have taken the blame. And the more Peter thought about it the more angry he was beginning to become. The blonde man gripped the side of the door, holding the arm rest tightly until his knuckles turned white. His nostrils flared and when Sinead turned to look at him, he tensed. He could hardly hear her over the ringing in his ears, "W-what did you say, love?" He asked, his tone rough. "My day?" He asked, clearing his throat again prying his hand from the arm rest, trying to shake this feeling of rage he was having.

Sucking in a deep breath before leading it out with a heavy sigh, Peter turned to look at his smiling, beautiful wife. "Soo...what you are saying is.." His eyes had a mischievous look to them as he raised an eyebrow listening as Sinead went on. A bath sounded wonderful...."...those horrible showers." Peter eyes widened and he shook his head multiple times, not speaking. The man had gripped the armrest again, "No. showers." He murmured, sounding out of breath. Peter was determined to stay with it, the memory of the showers was tugging at him, wanting to send him into a frenzy. Gripping his knee with the other hand, he dug his fingernails into his skin till he was sure that he was drawing blood.

His breathing continued to be labored just as the light turned green. "GO!" He shouted at his wife, unable to contain himself as word just spilled out. "FUCK!" He groaned out as the man now grabbed his head and shook it roughly. Silencing himself. He didn't notice if his wife had stopped the car or not, now repeating in a low heart aching sob, "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. "

with: Sinead Misty Gray Misty Gray

Gweneth Sheehan
65543090e25fcc65e1f2db4bf53ca420.gif
Gwen listened with interest as Aidan talked about having siblings. Being an only child was pretty rough, especially when it came to living in her stepfathers home. It would have been nice all those night that she had to eat dinner alone, to have the company of a sibling. Gwen smiled lightly as Aidan told her about his father's lifestyle, saying that he most definitely had bastard children. Gwen tilted her head as Aidan excused his language, "What did you say?" She asked curiously, thinking over the sentence he just said before a look of realization formed on her face, "Ohhh you mean bastard?" She murmured before a wide smile graced her lips, "Aren't you just the sweetest thing!" Her hand reached out to touch his shoulder gently, "Don't mind the language! I actually encourage it!" Gwen turned to her drink and took a long sip as she thought about the sibling who happened to be in the same room as her. The woman wasn't going to approach him, not blindly at least. She wanted to know as much as she could about her 'brother' before she decided whether or not she should tell him who she was. Her eyes glanced over to the Porter's table and she couldn't help but envy how happy they looked. James had gone his whole life without knowing Gwen was around, perhaps being invisible to them was what would keep them happy. Some people didn't like change.

When asked how long she had been working here, Gwen's eyes rolled up to the ceiling in thought as she tapped her finger to her chin, "I think this is my 2nd month here, I'm still fairly new to the scene. First time working in a Jazz bar. Its a great atmosphere, always hopping! The energy fuels me! As if I didn't have a lot already right?" She chuckled at her own little joke before taking another sip of her drink. The redhead noticed the look he was giving her and she couldn't help but blush, the way he rested his head against his hand. Gwen turned to look around a moment, spotting Faye in the back corner and sending her a raised eyebrow before looking back to Aidan, "So Mystery man, what do you do for a living?"
with: Aidan Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford

Sinead Callahan

1542764890325.pngSinead caught the way Peter seemed tense and was holding tightly onto the inside of the car door. She decided to give him the benefit of the doubt as she could only imagine how difficult the last six months had been for him and how daunting it could be to readjust to the outside world. She found herself wishing she'd spoken more with James about how he'd felt after his releases from jail. Se repeated her question about what he wanted to do now he was free and softly smiled as she awaited his answer. Peter's tone when he began to respond to her question seemed to match the playful look in his eyes. She couldn't help but grin in return, having missed flirting with her husband. She'd certainly missed their intimacy or even just having him asleep in bed beside her. She'd longed for him to hold her for so long. Before she could respond in her own mischievous way, he confirmed no showers. His tone sounded tired as he said it. She awkwardly glanced down to her lap and bit her bottom lip as she tried not to take his seeming detachment to heart. As everyone had kept saying, she had to be strong for him. Peter was the one who had suffered and she had to support him. Shannon had basically told Sinead not to make anything about herself and not to mention her own struggles as Peter had been the one in prison.

Sinead was harshly snapped out of her thoughts when Peter yelled at her to drive the car. She gasped with surprise and put her foot down to set off again, instead managing to stall the vehicle only a few feet beyond the traffic light. She took a few deep, controlled breaths as she started the engine again and continued to drive the car down the road. She heard him say "fuck" and she could see him shaking his head from the corner of her eyes, but she had to focus on the road until she regained her own composure. She could hear him crying his apology and she felt her own eyes brimming with tears as she felt sympathy for him. "I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention..." she trailed off, keeping her eyes on the road.

As the next light turned red and she brought the car to a stop, she took a couple more deep breaths to calm herself completely. She just needed to get them both home before she could break and end up causing some kind of accident. She didn't like the way he'd shouted at her and it didn't seem like the Peter she knew. She turned to face him and shot him a stare. He looked so upset and all she wanted to do was comfort him. "You know, you didn't have to shout at me. If any drivers behind me had a problem, it's tough luck," she firmly told him. "I'm the one driving, Mister," she added, mixing her bossy tone with a playfulness.

Peter had never answered her question about dinner and judging by the tense vibes he was giving off, she determined he wasn't ready for crowds and would prefer a quieter evening at home. She soon reached their home and signalled for Brian to open the gates, sending him a look that told him they didn't have time to chat. When she finally parked the car up by their own house, Sinead wasted no time in getting out of the vehicle. Shannon and Skye had been asked to keep the children out of the house until she came to collect them. She'd made the place spotlessly clean and had put out some new cushions that Peter thought were a waste of time but she thought made the place look pretty. She closed her car door louder than she'd intended and walked to the front door of their house to unlock it. Before pushing the door open, she turned to Peter. "Do we need some time - just you and me - before I bring the children back?" she gently asked him. She reached out and took hold of his hand, gently squeezing it in both of hers. "I could run you that lovely warm bath and help you relax before the mayhem? Like I said, I want to spoil you rotten today, Petey..."

Bellz Bellz (Peter)

Nathan Bennett
Armie-Hammer-Sexy-Pictures.pngThe noise emanating within the club quickly faded from Nathan's mind as he listened, focusing on each detail that James provides. Despite the hard concentration, Nathan didn't miss an opportunity to smile or chuckle at his attempts at humour, appreciating the tone James is trying to keep. He gave sharp pieces of input at each chance, confirming every question that the Boss had to offer. "Briefly, yeah. We exchanged names." Nathan nodded along to the explanation of his role and how closely he'll be working with Evelyn, as well as a selection of other bodyguards. The ex-soldier always hoped that conflict could be avoided in such situations, but he would never hesitate to perform his duties. His finger hasn't paused before pulling the trigger since his first year in the war. Nathan hasn't forgotten his first kill. He never will. The marksman then took in the expanding list of tasks he'll be performing during his time within the family.

A brief smirk tripped from his mouth at the mention of his cars, waving his hand to reassure him. "You can trust me with your motors, James." The bodyguard quickly retorted before James brought the tone back to a serious manner. Nathan didn't find the varying tasks too overwhelming, making the safe assumption that most nights will involve standing firm and looking tough. Although, the mention of his family struck a more serious expression. His face grew stern and he nodded along with determination. Nathan always respected his ideals. He admired that James still puts his family before his business, creating a sense of purpose within the ex-con and strengthening the level of trust he felt with his old friend. "This isn't just a job for me. You have my word that your family will be safe."

As James leaned forward, Nathan shot a glance towards Mrs Porter with hopes that she isn't feeling ignored by him. It was a simple gesture, yet it ensured that his attention was still on both Porters. The mention of Chicago uncovered a moment of nostalgia within Nathan, causing him to briefly glance down to the table as memories threatened to invade. Both their lives were completely different back then. The experienced, crack-shot, marksman barely even knew how to hold a gun. His mind was lost amongst the world of crime before he met James. It wasn't even a time where he was happy. Now, he felt genuine relief in his newfound role. Whilst Nathan had a vague idea of what he was getting into before arriving, the words given from James were appreciated and duly noted. The IWU struck a cord with his moral being, reminding himself that he won't hesitate to strike one down if the moment called for it. Once James had finished his speech, clearing up all the formalities and giving Nathan everything he needed to know, the marksman firmly nodded his head once more. He vowed to himself to protect his family just as much as his business. "You can count on me, James. I'm here to help. Now... when do I start?"

Interactions:
James Porter; Misty Gray Misty Gray Lucy Porter; Bellz Bellz

George Sanderson

1542306150746-png.504000
George smiled fondly as Finn informed him he was the family's hugger. "Sounds to me like they're lucky to have you around the place, mate," he assured him. It didn't surprise him one bit that the man was able to make his family smile. The times he'd visited George in prison had left him feeling good for some time after. Finn was a gifted man, he didn't doubt it. George placed his hands into his trouser pockets and walked with Finn towards the house. The news the man had split up with Eleanor made him feel hopeful, a small part for his own selfish reasons but mostly because he knew staying with the woman had been doing nothing for Finn's well-being and long-term happiness. "I'm glad to hear you managed to sort things out with Eleanor... As for working at the hospital, I think that's wonderful. I'm glad to hear you're putting those skills and that intelligence of yours to good use. It always upsets me to see wasted potential," he trailed off. He was fully aware he'd had great potential himself, until he got greedy and ended up living the last decade in a prison cell.

George nodded along when Finn informed him the boss wasn't at home, slightly relieved, if he was being honest. He'd always heard mixed stories about the Porters and the like of Darius had painted an unpleasant picture in his mind of the mob. But then, there were people like Finn and Peter who had made him realise there was another side to the Porters, one of a welcoming and inclusive family. As it happened, he was now more inclined to put his trust in the good stories he'd heard. Regardless, he didn't feel ready to meet the boss just yet, so hoped to save his introduction to James Porter for a little later on. George laughed when Finn asked him is he was a criminal. "Me, Sir? Not at all. I wouldn't dream of being a pesky crook..." he played along. "Damn, I hope you're going to protect me, mate. I've never been around criminals before."

The man was soon greeted by two barking dogs, bringing an instant smile to his face. As tempting as it was, he didn't immediately make a move to stroke the dogs, figuring if they were guard dogs and him a stranger, it might not go down so well. Finn's words about all of the animals reassured him a little. He let the two dogs sniff around him and watched Finn as he stroked them. Once he was sure it was safe, George crouched down himself and made sure to tickle both animals in equal measures, chuckling as Lady managed to lick the side of his face. Standing up straight again, he wiped his cheek with his sleeve. "You're barking up the wrong tree, here," he joked to Lady, at his own expense.

Finn then introduced him to the Porters' home, which certainly was a marvellous place, the kind of place he'd dreamed of having all of those years ago. He would have broken the law a thousand times over to get a place like the one he was standing in and he was more than aware that was pretty much how the Porters had got it too. "Compared to my previous home, and my current place, this is a bloody palace," he said, clearly impressed. "I would love a tour, if you don't mind?" he accepted. In all honesty, Finn could have suggested anything and George would have gone along with it. After spending so long in the prison, he was simply happy to see what the outside world had to offer. It helped that he was in the company of such an interesting and attractive man. How Eleanor didn't appreciate Finn to the level he deserved would forever baffle George.

Bellz Bellz (Finn)

Alexander Quinn Armstrong

Porch smoking.jpgToday was the day that the results of the election for Mayor would be announced and Quinn had come to have very little interest in it, mostly due to his father's involvement in it. He did visit earlier, but made no comment on the impending announcement. A part of him wanted his father fail, as some sort of proof that the universe wouldn't allow corruption to thrive.

When his family left for City Hall for the announcement, Quinn decided to make his way to the now mostly empty Morgan home since it was where he agreed to meet his friend. The walk there took a while, but with nothing else on his agenda, Quinn wasn't rushed by any means.

Upon arrival, Quinn returned Adam's greeting with a small smile and a nod. He knew the house didn't actually need the work before being sold, but it was something that kept Adam busy after his father's death.

"Don't worry about it, I know the feeling of sorts." Quinn replied with a small smile as referring to his own migration. While it had required considerably less work, emptying the contents of his rather large bedroom and somehow finding a place for it in his new apartment was time consuming. He also discovered a lot of things that he needed to take care of himself now that he was living on his own. It was still something he was adjusting to, as he didn't have quite the amount of freetime he used to.

After following Adam through the house to the back veranda, sat down and chuckled at Adam's words. "Bitten off more than you can chew? I don't know about that. You seem to be handling it well all things considered." Quinn gestured slightly to the house as he fished through his pockets and produced a pack cigarettes and had one lit in short order.

Leaving the pack and lighter next the remaining beers in case Adam wanted one, Quinn continued, "Considering that I found out that my father is at the head of the IWU and everything that they've done, I'm still a bit disenchanted," his voice was monotone as he mentioned the revelation. Quinn had been tempted to report his father to the authorities, but decided against it for the sake of his mother and sister. "Otherwise, I'm fine. How about yourself? Not getting fat from my mother's cooking are you, or is Grace the one feeding you now?" A sly grin made it evident that he was teasing his friend.

Pyroclast Pyroclast [Adam]

~ Jared and Grace Armstrong ~
~ Evan Shaw ~

1542835880081.pngWith Grace a little in front, Jared entered the house with Faye by his side. When his daughter flicked the switch, the room was illuminated to reveal the four men standing in front of them. Jared's eyes immediately fixed on the firearms they were armed with and he didn't need time to think to know what their presence was about. To add insult to injury, the very men who had made it clear what would happen if he lost the election were the same men who ruined his campaign by attacking the Porters at the restaurant. Before he could tell his wife and daughter to get out, the impact of the gun cracking against Jared's forehead caused him to groan in pain and his legs to almost buckle beneath him. Before he could fall, he was caught by two of the men who proceeded to beat Jared up in front of his own family, holding him so he was unable to retaliate or defend himself against the attack.

"DAD!" Grace screamed as she watched the men attack her father. Their presence and weapons alone had been frightening enough for her, but to see them attack her father in such a way terrified her. One of the men grabbed Grace, causing her to struggle against him until his hold became too tight for her to resist much at all. "Let go of me. Leave us alone!" she angrily cried. "Please... we haven't done anything..." she exhaustedly persisted. Her instinct was to assume this was the Porters, until she recognised Evan; the man who had shot her at the restaurant. This was the IWU again and confusion was added to her fear. She couldn't understand why they would hurt their own boss.

1542835373637.pngGrace and Faye were brought into the lounge then thrown onto the floor beside each other. The teenager shuffled close to her mother, putting her arm around the woman's shoulder and holding her close as she sobbed into the middle of the living room. Her vision was blurred by her tears, but she could make out the mess the room had been left in and she could see the imposing figure sat in her father's armchair. Then, Jared was dragged into the lounge, blood pouring from the deep cut on his forehead as well as his bust nose and lip. The pain his his lower ribs was excruciating and he was sure the men had managed to break at least one of his bones along the way.

Jared was thrown down to the floor, landing on his knees to Faye's free side. He looked to the floor as he made a conscious effort to block out his own pain and regain some semblance of control over his mind. To remain as cold and undisturbed as he could be if he were to give his loved ones any kind of reassurance. When Gideon first spoke, Jared didn't look to the man. Instead, he tilted his head to look to Faye and reached his arm out to gently rub her back. With the back of his other hand, he wiped some of the blood away from his mouth. He then moved his arm back down and clenched his first before finally lifting his head to look Gideon square in the eyes. The man mentioned expecting him to return to the factory and then pointed out the suitcases that the men proceeded to tip out across the floor. "The election is over with and my family deserves a holiday. I've put the IWU first, every day, for the last six months and I'm working on a new plan of action. I was intending on leaving instructions and the relevant paperwork with Jack." Jared motioned around the room - to the mess it was now in. "My family has nothing to do with this and there's no need to involve them. Let my wife and daughter leave so we can discuss this.

1542837590343.pngEvan had secured any escape routes and shut the Armstrongs' yapping dog away in the dining room. He returned to the lounge in time to watch his four armed colleagues restrain Jared, Faye and Grace. Evan stood to the side of the room where he had a good view of the three members of the Armstrong family as well as being able to observe the Armstrongs' kneeling guards. He stood tall with both hands behind his back, holding his own revolver firmly in his right hand.

Evan silently observed the scene, unmoved by Grace's sobbing and certainly indifferent towards Jared's explanation about a family vacation. As far as he was concerned, the IWU had tried things Jared's way and the man had failed to deliver. He had no interest in new action plans from Armstrong nor any sympathy for the man's present situation or his sobbing daughter. Evan remained in his spot as he listened to the exchanges of words in front of him, briefly sending Minnie a knowing glance.

Enzyme Enzyme (Gideon) Bellz Bellz (Faye, Minnie)

1542835651872.png Evelyn McKenna

Now sitting at the desk ready to fill out some paperwork, Evelyn looked up at Kennedy, observing the way he stood. Arms folded and leaning against the wall, he seemed to be trying to assert dominance over the room, remaining undressed as though to let her know that the house was his territory. That had particularly drawn her attention, though she tried not to show it. Evelyn was no fool, or so she considered herself, yet she couldn't help but check him out nonetheless. Her eyes rested on him as he explained to her his familial connection to the mob, then she sent him a little nod of acknowledgement and brought her attention back to the papers laid before her. She felt him staring at her but refused to acknowledge it - after all, she had only come here to get some important work done. When he returned her questions, she gave a light chuckle.

"Foreigner?" she asked with a smirk, her eyes still scanning the papers. "I may be a stranger to you, Mr. Sullivan, but I am not at all foreign to this business. I was raised among gangsters here in Dublin, so I was. By your own uncle's men, as a matter of fact." She lifted her head then, her dark eyes meeting his. The intensity with which she looked at him was perhaps an attempt to overthrow his dominant stance - the fact that the man had not yet smiled once had not gone unnoticed, and although she admired confidence in a man, she didn't want him to underestimate her. "It's through those connections that I was able to find work with James," she went on. "I manage his stocks for him in the warehouse. Anything illegal, I cover its sources and label it according to a code that only I and a few others are able to understand. Only a select number of trusted workers know who it comes from and where it goes. That's why I have to employ them through James - I need to know that he trusts them enough to handle the illegal goods and keep everything covered up." To illustrate her point, she tapped her finger firmly on the paperwork she was slowly filling out. "That's what this is all for: our new trusted employee, Mr. Nathan Bennett."

Feeling like she had told him enough, Evelyn looked back down and tried to concentrate on filling out the forms, all the while pretending to ignore the man's presence. However, still she felt his powerful gaze resting on her and she couldn't help a slight blush come to her cheeks. After a moment's silence had passed, she spoke up again: "So, I suppose you have a role in this business too, Mr. Sullivan, having shown such curiosity for my own - is that right?"

Interactions
mpower mpower Kennedy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back