• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A Family Affair: The Irish Mob - IC (Ended)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Finn Sullivan
HANDSOME .jpgFinn was so pleased that the surprise he had arranged for George worked out and that he loved it. Leaning in to meet his lips, Finn enjoyed a tender kiss from George, ready to enjoy the privacy they had together before a familiar voice had him practically throwing himself from Georgie. The large man fell back into the sand as Aunt Shan got closer, only stopping a few meters away from them. "A-Aunt Shan! What are you-?!" He was off as the woman ask him what the hell he was doing. He had no idea that she was planning on being at the coast today. Inside his head, the man was beating himself up for doing this to George.

At the question of why Eleanor left, Finn visibly flinched, unable to say anything as he choked on his own words and tears. He stood up quickly, not bothering to brush off the sand as it wasn't worrying him at the moment. "I...I...I..." The man stuttered as he looked to George with wide eyes. Regardless of his Aunt being there, the man dared to reach his hand down to help George to his feet, pulling him behind him as he raised his hands to his Aunt. "I know you need answers." Finn croaked out, the tears so thick now that they were blurring his vision, unable to really see Shannon at that point. The man lifted both hands up to his face and wiped hard at it, clawing slightly as the frustration and fear was clear on his face.

"Please understand Auntie...no one can know about this." His voice was begging the woman, "Eleanor left because she wanted to move on, we grew apart..." The real reason was yes, he moved on as well but he wasn't going to put George in the middle of his fault, he wasn't to blame for anything in Finn's eyes. His hands lifted once again to run through his hair. "Please listen, I know this looks...odd...but I feel very strongly for this man." He was sure that this was going to do nothing but anger Shannon, as she was very old fashioned when it came to things like this, but he had to say what he needed to.

"But its possible for two men to love each other just as a man and a woman can. I feel for George the same way I felt for Eleanor years ago, but this time..." Finn turned his head to look to George, "its not going to end." He was sure the family was going to have lots to say when they eventually found out, but he'd be damned if they found out from his Aunt. "Love is for everyone." Finn murmured as he turned back to face his Aunt. "I love you...but this is what I want...and I won't suffer because you don't approve."
with: Shannon + George Misty Gray Misty Gray

Shannon Sullivan and George Sanderson

1552338142382.pngShannon folded her arms over her chest and watched on as Finn stuttered in his state of shock. George accepted the man's hand as he was helped up onto his feet. He wanted so much to speak up for Finn, but he wasn't sure if he would only make matters worse. He told himself to hold his tongue until he felt appropriate to speak, but he wasn't sure how long he could stand by whilst the man he loved was clearly upset. George wanted to place his arm around Finn, to give him reassurance and support as Shannon spoke at him. It broke his heart to see Finn crying so much and not being able to comfort him.

The woman tightened her jaw and shook her head in disbelief as Finn told her nobody could know about what she'd just discovered. "You and Eleanor grew apart? So you find another woman. You don't... you don't do this," she said, holding her hand out in George's direction. Her nephew was telling her he had feelings for the other man and she couldn't grasp such an idea. "How can you feel the same for him as you did for Eleanor?" she asked him, shaking her head in disbelief.

"Mrs. Su--" George began, taking a step forward as he made an attempt to step in and defend Finn.

"I'm talking to Finnian right now. Not you," she sternly told George. She looked to Finn and allowed her face to soften for him. "I love you too, Finnian. You're like a son to me and that's why I can't let you do this. What if someone else had found you?!" she asked. "This isn't normal and you could get hurt if the wrong people find out." She let out a deep sigh. "For Heaven's sake, you're a doctor, Finnian! You must know this isn't right," she said, fully aware of how homosexuality was still considered a mental disorder at that time. "You're going to get yourself hurt," she warned him, not wishing for any kind of harm to come to her nephew for his choice of lover.

Bellz Bellz (Finn)

Last edited:
Jason Costello

1552391724227.png Despite the nervousness brewing in the pit of his stomach, Gwen's description of what she had expected James to be like drew a genuine laugh from him. "Sure he's tough really, he just doesn't show ye that side of him," he smirked. "Saves all the nice behaviour for his family, like. Probably the best kinda guy to have on your side..." The song began to reach its end but Jason's head was in the clouds, turning this piece of news over and over in his mind, and had been dancing without really listening to the music. Gwen pulled away from him suddenly and he cleared his throat, bringing up a hand to his head. She awkwardly handed him a glass and he watched her down her drink in one before doing the same himself. It was evident that he wasn't the only one who felt a bit on edge - not surprisingly, it seemed that admitting her connection to the mob was a big deal for Gwen. After all, she must have been sitting on it for quite a long time, since her mother had passed away a few months ago now. Realising his grip around the glass had tightened, he was careful not to set it down too harshly before he shuffled over to the record player and lifted the needle up. When he turned back to her she had already begun to undress and was looking at him with a shy smile. The mood wasn't quite right anymore, but Jason remained determined to not let his doubts show, and so he let her take his hand and lead him to the bedroom. Besides, he couldn't deny his attraction to her and he also knew he could do with a distraction - if anything could stop his mind from spiralling, it was this.

Jason leaned back against the headboard and smiled warmly to Gwen as she let out a breathless laugh and flopped down beside him. The atmosphere of the room was as relaxed and comfortable as it always was. He draped an arm around her as she cuddled into him and stroked her auburn hair, just able to make out her features in the soft light that spilled into the room from the streets below. It was the kind of moment he wished would last forever - but with Gwen, such moments weren't uncommon. He chuckled when she thanked him and pressed his lips to the top of her head. "You're amazing," he whispered, smiling to himself.

After a moment, Gwen turned her head to look up at him, a question on the tip of her tongue. "Sure, baby, fire away," he assured her. But when she asked him, the nervous feeling returned and he simply gazed back at her, unsure of how to respond. "How do you marry your wife again? Sure they're married already, if she's his wife." It wasn't supposed to offend her family, it was just his way of stalling; he leaned over to the bedside table to take a sip of water before sitting back up in bed and looked her in the eyes. "You're really serious? You want me to be your plus one?" he quietly asked her. He let a shy smile creep onto his face as he looked at her, and reached out to cup her face in his hand. "I'd be honoured, Gwen. Of course I'll go with you." After a second had passed and he realised he was again lost for words, Jason leaned forward to kiss her. His heart was beating heavily, and as much as he wished it was purely from the excitement of knowing how much she liked him, he knew that it wasn't just that. An almost unbearable anxiety was beginning to dig into him and it took every ounce of him not to let it show. He kept his lips against hers, as though trying to freeze the moment in time so that he wouldn't have to figure out what to do next.

1552397197609.png There was a date, now, for the family to meet him and forever etch his face into their minds. Then, that would be it - if he ever made a mistake in the future, the mob would know who to look for. Memories of their time together flashed through his mind: the flirtatious smile that she saved just for him; her enchanting performances on stage and the look she sent him when she picked him out in the crowd; the way she laughed with her whole body; the feel of her swaying against him as they danced.

How she had shouted at him after catching him stealing somebody's wallet.

The tears in her eyes, and the sight of her walking away from him, no shoes on her feet...

What if he disappointed her like that again? He wasn't good enough for her and he knew it. Even with her new gangster family involved in criminal activity, she clearly had a sense of morality that clashed with his. Jason pulled away from her and forced himself to smile, hoping that the tender look in his eyes would be read as romantic and not a reflection of the internal conflict that was beating around in his head.

Soon the two were settled down, their bodies entwined in a comfortable embrace under the covers. Jason held her against him and gently caressed her soft skin, feeling her move with each slow breath that she took. Half an hour later, Jason still found himself unable to sleep at all. Usually when he was around Gwen he was totally at ease, but even lying beside her in the dark was doing nothing to allay the unsettled feeling that had spread to his very core. After several minutes of watching her sleep peacefully, Jason finally gave in. He put his lips against her forehead and held them there, taking in her warmth, her scent, her softness, one last time. Then he crept out of bed, got dressed and, without looking back, he was out the door.

Interactions
Bellz Bellz Gwen

Finn Sullivan
HANDSOME .jpgThis was the hardest situation Finn had ever been in. He was stuck between a rock in a hard place and he wasn't sure if he was going to make it out of this alive. Shannon shook her head at him and he knew there was going to be no convincing her anytime soon. She said that he needed to find another woman, that he didn't go off and find a man...this caused Finn to tighten his own jaw now and sigh heavily. She questioned how he could feel the same way for George as he did for Eleanor and Finn was about to bravely tell his Aunt just how he felt when George jumped into the conversation, causing the man to cringe, he knew his Aunt all too well.

She snapped at the poor man just as Finn had predicted, "Aunt Shannon please!" He snapped back in defense, looking to George with an apologetic look in his eye. When he turned back to his Aunt, the woman had an soft look to her now. He swallowed hard as she said that he was like a son to her and that was why she couldn't let him do this. Finn's heart raced as he wondered what she was going to do, fearing that she was indeed going to tell someone until she asked what if someone else found him. Shaking his head slowly, he knew what would have happened if someone else were to have found them, someone who wasn't his Aunt.

Then she brought his profession up, causing him to flinch. In the medical world, homosexuality was proven to be wrong...at least that's what most professionals thought. Finn had always been more openminded compared to his colleagues, therefore he didn't think that it was so wrong. The tears streamed down his face, not sure of what to do at this point. He didn't want to leave George, as they had driven together...he wouldn't leave him. Ever.

The man's closed his hands into fists and shook his head again, "I know how to handle myself." He spoke, though there was not much confidence in his voice. He stepped back and reached out his left hand to take George's. Once he did that, he felt like he had some strength to stand up for himself. "I know...this is hard for you to grasp but please understand that I love him..." Finn turned his head to look at George again, uttering the words for the first time. He had wished it to be under different circumstances but it had to be now, the man need to know that he was going to be there for him.

"I'm not changing anything." With that, Finn huffed out another sigh before looking to his Aunt. "I will see you at home." He said softly, before pulling George's hand gently in the direction of the car, knowing he would have to let it go in a few moments...the downside to this seemingly perfect world they lived in.
with: Shannon + Georgie Misty Gray Misty Gray

Ryan Donahue
Amused Drink.gifEven though Arlene was certainly the more expressive of the two, they still seemed to share the quality of being mostly unflappable. The 'mostly' part being due to the fact that they could get under each other's skin even with an ocean between them. The thought of having her and Liam in the same room together caused Ryan to chuckle. "Perhaps. Might be passing through there on my way home after this business with the Union is done. Sounds like it would be a grand ole time," He said, knowing full well that it might never happen, but made her aware of his plans in case they might align in the future.

Not being one for small talk, Ryan decided to make a final mouthful from his glass before saying farewell, "I appreciate the company, Miss Sullivan, but I think I'll be heading off. Don't have too much fun while I'm gone either, I always to be missing out lately." Parting ways from Arlene, he could feel the whiskey's warth starting to kick in. With luck, he'd be able to make it back to his flat and into bed before it wore off.

It wasn't long before Ryan had arrived back at his rental, and was making his way inside when he noticed a large envelope sticking out of his mailbox. Not being one who received mail often, his curiosity was peaked. However, since very few knew his actual address, he found his guess as to whom it was from to be correct. His mother.

Figuring that the letter would be a doubly effective sleep aid with the whiskey, Ryan opened the large envelope to find that there was two articles, a neatly folded letter, obviously his mother's handiwork, and a very rough looking letter. The envelope was unopened, which seemed odd given his mother's nosey inclinations. What was odder still, was that other than his name, and outdated rank, it was completely written in Hangul.

Although he was curious as to the contents of the letter, his Korean was, without a doubt, rusty. He also didn't feel like spending the better part of the night trying to remember it. Putting it aside for later, Ryan switched his mother's message. Other than the usual unneeded update in Chicago gossip, and veiled nagging to find a woman, his mother provided little information about the letter. Laying both on the table in the main room, Ryan pushed the letters out of his head, and decided that a shower would be best before bed. Especially given his activities earlier that evening.

Misty Gray Misty Gray [Arlene]

Chapter 19: Unite and Divide - Part 1
Friday 2nd September 1960
...6 weeks later...
Evening - Dark, Warm, Clear Skies, Dry

1552430261639.png

The White Horse Pub
James Porter

1552428029070.pngOver the last few weeks, James had recovered from any remaining injuries and was able to restart his heavy exercise regime. He'd even warmed up a couple of weeks ago, using Gwen's stepfather as a punchbag. One week later, a van pulled up outside the redhead's apartment and she received pretty much all of the belongings she'd been missing. For James, getting back up to strength had motivated him and re-awoken in the full extent of his determination. There hadn't been a day when he hadn't thought about or discussed with others his intention to destroy the IWU for good, no matter how many of its members they would have to kill in the process. Gideon, along with the likes of Evan, Carter and Jack were high on his list, but the more members of the union they could take down, the less of them there were to crawl into the position of power.

James had been made aware the cops were starting to crack down on organised crime, in response to Commissioner Morris' pledges during his Mayoral victory. It had become apparent that focus was beginning to shift in the direction of the IWU, but James wanted their enemies dead and buried, where they couldn't continue to pull strings, be it in hiding or behind bars. Not only did he want to kill his enemies, but he needed to do it soon, before the cops could get to them. Some of the gang had questioned him on his decision to carry out an attack the night before his wedding. Their surprise and disbelief only confirmed his reasoning. He wished to secure their alibis and so the fact it seemed crazy to take such a big risk on tonight of all nights would work in his favour. They already had witnesses lined up who would place all of the men at one of Conor's pubs the entire evening. And, apparently, as soon as the job was done, the intention was to go out for those pre-wedding drinks that would form their alibi. The fact Conor and Jackson were involved in the drinking arrangements later was unsettling to James!

Presently, the group was hiding out in the White Horse Pub, only a few minutes' drive from the textile factory they would soon attack. They had received confirmation from one of their men on the inside that all of the key players were inside the factory, giving all of those present final confirmation that tonight was the night. An assortment of firearms, knives and small explosives were laid out on the table as their handlers took what they needed to do their job. The men had been split into two groups; one led by James and the other by Jackson. They would each be driven close to the factory where they would storm the building from either side. This was familiar territory for some of them, who had previously attacked the place during Jared's leadership.

James approached those who would be led by him into the attack; Syd, Ryan and Peter. "Are you lads all doing alright here?" he asked them. It was clear from his tone and the serious look in his eyes that he wasn't making small talk. If they had any reservations or even wanted out of the mission, this was their chance to speak up. Whilst he wanted as many trustworthy gang members by his side, he wouldn't force them to risk their lives, especially not against an enemy already proved to be highly dangerous.

Interactions: Pyroclast Pyroclast Syd, Bellz Bellz Peter, Fletchawk Fletchawk Ryan

Conor Sullivan

1552428042247.pngIn the weeks since stabbing one of the IWU members, Conor had gradually come to terms with his actions and ceased dwelling over what he had done. Along with Peter's and Sinead's encouraging words, it had been mostly down to Aliana that he'd been able to crawl back out of his dark mindset. After they'd admitted their love for each other, Conor and Aliana had only grown closer in that time. They'd spent many nights together, in either of their respective apartments, and their strong relationship had certainly filled Conor with hope for the future.

Despite his initial panic surrounding killing for the first time, when James announced they would be attacking the IWU, Conor didn't hesitate to offer up his assistance. Not only did he feel he owed it to Leo and Tommy to take down their killers, but he also felt it was something he needed to do for himself. He wanted to take down his family's enemies and this time it would be planned - he would be fully in control of his actions and emotions. He had no reservations about supporting his family on this mission. Besides, he was more than aware of Gideon's strength and felt he wouldn't hesitate to step up if such an opportunity to confront the man arose.

Conor was happy to be led by Jackson on this mission, having always found it easy to work alongside his close friend. Rudy also struck him as a man with his head screwed on, so believed they would all be able to work effectively together. Another person who would be attacking to IWU by his side was Matteo. With James having so much going on, Conor had offered to step in and train up the teenager. It had been strange when the lad first showed up, with Conor having to get his head around Matteo being Angel's son. Any doubts he had were pushed to the back of his mind, with Savannah being evidence enough for him that he couldn't judge the kid based on his biological father's nature. Besides which, there had been a time when Conor and Angel had been on friendly terms - a time before the man started gunning down the Sullivans and [in Conor's mind] manipulating his little sister. Despite Matteo's unruly behaviour in Italy, Conor felt it wasn't too late for the lad and he hoped his guidance could shape him into a better man than his father had been. Not to mention, it had been no secret James and Lucy thought the responsibility of mentoring Matteo might have a positive effect on Conor himself.

With the weapons set out on the table in front of them, Conor stood alongside Matteo and placed a firm hand on the teenager's shoulder. "What are you thinking?" he curiously asked, acknowledging the choice of weapons. "Have you been working on your aim since the other day?"

Interaction: @Enzyme (Matteo)

Group 1: Misty Gray Misty Gray (James) Pyroclast Pyroclast (Syd) Fletchawk Fletchawk (Ryan) Bellz Bellz (Peter)
Group 2: @Enzyme (Jackson) @Shireling (Rudy) Misty Gray Misty Gray (Conor) @Enzyme (Matteo)

Porter House
Sinead Callahan

1552428073464.pngFor the last few weeks, Sinead had been taking her position as Lucy's Maid of Honour very seriously. Having had to miss out the first time, when she was pregnant with Savannah, she was going to make up for it with her second chance. Organising the flower arrangements, dress fittings and catering had been plenty to keep Sinead occupied. Not only that, she'd had great fun being bossy along with her tiny sidekick, Emery. No doubt, they would both get to do more of the same on the big day itself.

With many of the men out working under the guise of drinking, Sinead's worrying had been set to go into overdrive, but thankfully, she had a girls night of drinks and pampering to manage. She wanted to make sure her sister and friends were all very relaxed the night before the wedding... more so, because each of their respective male partners was presently out on some death mission which she expected would only add to their nervousness.

Shannon had agreed to look after Thomas and the Callahan children. The woman hadn't been in the best of moods lately and Sinead had witnessed a frosty atmosphere between her mother and Finn. After Shannon was recently quizzing both Peter and Sinead about George, the redhead soon pieced together what she believed was going on. If she was right, it upset her to think Shannon couldn't be happy for the two men. Personally, Sinead thought the idea of Finn and George being together was sweet and no less acceptable than a heterosexual couple. For now, she knew to keep it to herself until she could talk to her sweet cousin alone.

"Alright, ladies. Who wants cocktails?!" Sinead excitedly asked the other women as they made themselves comfortable in Lucy's large bedroom. "And where's Skye? I told her to get her lovely butt over here tonight!"

Bellz Bellz (Lucy) Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Aliana) Bellz Bellz (Blake)

Friday 2nd September 1960
...6 weeks later...
Evening - Dark, Warm, Clear Skies, Dry

1552421329489.png
************************​

Jason Costello

tumblr_nfi3fbCIfY1rjn473o1_500.gif Jason's fingers looped through the telephone wire, the harsh buzz ringing into his ear as he waited for an answer. "Gwen!" he exclaimed, perhaps a little too loudly. The joy in his voice was evident, but so too was his inebriation. The sound of her voice struck him like an arrow and he fell against the wall, letting himself slide down to the floor. The phone, suspended only by a short wire, slipped from his fingers and swung into his head. "Ow, fuck!" he cried, reaching up and clutching the receiver in both hands to stop it from swinging into him again. The garda stepped forwards, but Jason scrambled to his feet before he could intervene. "No, you said I could do it - don't ye think I know my rights?" he snarled, shooting a fierce glare in his direction. The man didn't back away, instead simply folding his arms, fully ready to seize Jason if he acted on his aggression.

As if operated by a switch, Jason's tone turned soft and a dreamy smile set on his face as though Gwen was standing right there next to him. "Baby, baby, baby..." he sang, clutching the phone to his ear as he swayed on the spot. "It's so nice to hear your beautiful voice again...It's been a long time. I'm glad we're talkin' again." His words caught in his throat as a feeling of deep regret and self-loathing welled up inside him. The room was spinning, and he rested his forehead against the cold metal phone booth as he collected his thoughts. So caught off guard by the fact that he was connected to her, he could barely remember what he was calling her for. "Uh..."

"Round it off, Costello."

"Oh, yeah," he mumbled, raising his head and chuckling to himself. He pointed at the garda and winked at him, to which the man rolled his eyes. "Gwen, love...how d'ye fancy gettin' together tonight? Meet me at...Where are we?"

"You're at Ballymun Garda Station."

"Ballymun Garda Station. And don't be long...I miss you." Jason closed his eyes and kissed the receiver, stumbling forwards when it was snatched from his grasp by the garda. The man grabbed him by the arm and dragged him back to his holding cell, throwing him in with such force that Jason fell harshly onto his side. "Yeah, yeah, alright," he spat, getting to his knees and propping himself up against the concrete wall. "Don't bother tryin' to scare me! I'll be outta' here any minute, soon as my girl gets here..." he tailed off, closing his eyes only once the garda had moved out of sight. Within minutes, his head had dropped forward and he was out like a light.

Interactions
Bellz Bellz Gwen

Gwen Sheehan
5035DDB8-BA36-457F-954D-E9D8E321B5ED.gif Gwen had woken up a few hours later after the night she had spent with Jason to find that he was no where to be seen. The redhead, knowing that her words must have gotten to him, was extremely upset by the fact that he bailed on her. She waited for him to call the first night, and that turned into days she waited...then finally about after two weeks, the woman gave up hope all together. He left her and with him, he took her heart. The only thing that seemed to put a smile on her face anymore was the thrill of performing and when a white van filled with all of her belongings pulled up in front of her apartment, her brother had carried out his promise. Even the joy that this news brought her wasn't enough to keep the old Gwen around. She soon fell back into a small depression and people were beginning to notice.

Getting ready for a shift at the jazz club, she had just finished putting her hair into a high ponytail and stared at herself in the mirror for a long moment. Alto was sitting directly under the folds of her wavy dress, enjoying the fabric as he played with it. Gwen reached for her lipstick sitting on the counter before delicately placing it on. Seconds later, the phone began to ring.

Immediately stopping what she was doing, the redhead hurried to the phone before picking it up, ”Hello?” She answered in a sweet chirp. The voice on the other end was one that she didn’t expect the hear, and it caused her heart to clench immediately. ”J-Jason?” she questioned just before there was some clanging in the background. She could vaguely hear voices and wondered where the hell he’d been all this time. ”Hello??” she asked again and this time Jason’s voice took on a new tone, sounding like the way he spoke to her before...so sweet, smooth.

But when he called her baby this time, all the woman could do was cringe. When he said it had been a long time, Gwen clenched her teeth in irritation, ”Has it? I couldn’t tell.” she commented, but from the way he sounded on the other end...he wouldn’t notice the harshness in her tone. She wasn’t sure what possessed her to patiently wait for what the man had to say, but she stood on the other end, waiting as he gathered his thoughts.

When he spoke of getting together tonight, her heart almost went into overdrive. As mad as she was, deep down, she missed him greatly...the weeks that had passed without his company hadn’t been the same. But then he spoke of there being a ‘we’ and she froze. He went on to say that he was at the Garda station and the redhead nearly hung up there. Telling her to not be long and that he missed her, there wasn’t much time for her to say no as the phone was hung up quickly.

Gwen stood there in shock, phone in hand as she tried to wrap her head around what just happened. Jason had walked out on her, ignored her for the past 6 weeks and now he call’s her out of the blue so that he could be bailed out. The tears stung her eyes and she was quick to catch them before they fell...there was no use in ruining her make up over him.

***​
Despite her thoughts telling her to not to run back to him, she had to tell herself that she wasn’t doing that. Gwen cared for Jason, perhaps more than he deserved...he may not have felt the same way about her, that much was clear, but she could still be a friend. Morally, she couldn’t allow herself to leave him without anyone. Walking through the Garda Station dresses up the way she was caused all eyes to be on her as she power walked up towards the front desk.
33533580-7C1A-493B-8B6A-EE8C361A461E.gif Ignoring the eyes on her, she was lead to the holding cells where she hesitated behind the officer in moving around the corner to see Jason. Breathing uneven, tears in her eyes..she knew she couldn’t show herself as weak. He didn’t want her...or at least that’s what she had thought, now it was time to show him she’d be just fine without him. ”Miss?” the guard said before waving her over and pointing to Jason as he banged on the cell to wake him up.

Taking in Jason’s appearance, she could see that he’d been in hell for the night. He looked completely hammered and out of it, and the way he responded so happily to her would only make this harder. ”Well?” she asked the guard, waiting for him to open the cell, ”I’ve paid the bail haven’t I?” her tone was a little harsh than usual, but she was more than mad at the man sitting in the cell. Her savings had gone to bailing him out...she had nothing left. As much as she wanted to blame him...in reality she could only blame herself, falling for such a fool.

Once the cell was opened and the cuffs were off of him, Gwen stepped into it to help Jason to his feet. ”Come on.” she said, not bothering to greet him as she placed his arm around her shoulder to help him walk out. That was another scene people couldn’t stop staring at as they left the station. When they made it to her car, she loaded the drunken man in the passenger side before rounding to sit in her seat.

She said nothing for the first portion on the trip, until she realized she didn’t have a clue as to where she was going, ”How do I get to your place?” she asked, her normally sweet tone with him now replaced with an edgy and deep one.
With: Jason Pyroclast Pyroclast

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f384d596135354538705877774c673d3d2d3538373732323838352e313533373230376462393539663135633237353134333930303231362e676966

Aliana Cartwright

The next few weeks were actually peaceful for Ali, thanks to Conor. After the two of them confessed more of their feelings for each other, she felt like their relationship was growing into something more. Something more than she could've imagined, but it was great nonetheless. So far, he had come through on his promises, well one at least to replace her dress and buy her more. The more time they spent with each other, the more in love with him she grew. It would forever be a scary thing to her, but she was doing her best to work with it. She needed to talk to someone about it and what better place to do that than with a bunch of other women in relationships at a bridal party?

The woman was actually glad Sinead had called them all together as she had a lot on her mind. Conor and the rest of the guys were going to finally do it; they would get justice for the family. Conor would take care of the men who took Tommy, Leo, and pieces of her heart from her. But, after the events following their dinner date, she worried about him being there. There was no doubt in her mind that he would be okay and taken care of, but she still worried after seeing his reaction to killing in the first place. Being around her friends would take her mind off worrying about Conor for a while.

Laying on her back in Lucy's bed, she immediately raised her hand. "Uh, duh me! The only thing I want to focus on tonight is drinking, gossiping, ANNNND getting mama Porter ready for her," she paused for dramatic effect, "Wedding!" She smiled before continued. "Ya know Luce, I hope you're prepared to only be with one man for the rest of your life and start having children with him." She joked before turning to Sinead, shrugging her shoulders. "I haven't seen her."

Lucy, Blake ( Bellz Bellz ) Sinead ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )

Syd Porter

1552527932288.png Syd sat back in his seat, trying not to check the clock on the wall for the hundredth time. Twiddling another cigarette between his fingers, he had lost count of how many he had smoked already that day. Tonight was a big deal - not least because their goal was to bring the IWU to an end once and for all, but there was also the added pressure to come out unscathed so that nothing would get in the way of his parents' second wedding. After everything the couple had suffered through together, they deserved to have nothing but happiness on their big day.

Regardless, Syd would be lying if he said he wasn't nervous. Seeing the weapons all laid out on the table in front of him had really emphasised the scale of the operation that the two groups were about to execute; it would be no doubt the biggest, most dangerous job he had ever knowingly set out to do. Yet his determination didn't waver. He knew how much this wedding meant to his parents, and if he could play his part in taking down any enemies that might try to violently sabotage it, then of course there was no way he was going to back out now.

The whole gang would be there tonight, even James, who had by now recovered from his injuries. Although he wasn't about to admit it, Syd had been somewhat surprised that his father hadn't backed out and taken Syd home with him to appease Lucy. All the women had stayed behind to have a night in together, but even though his mother had been visibly anxious to see them off, he would bet anything that she was more nervous than she had let on. For Skye, too, he had also done his best to assure her that they would all return safely, but there was only so much to be said before the words began to sound empty. They were partly to ease his own nerves, anyway.

When James came over and asked the group if they were doing alright, Syd took one last drag of his cigarette before stubbing it out in the ashtray and stood up, readjusting his holster. "Locked and loaded, dad," he confirmed, nothing but confidence in his tone. "Anything else to go over before we head out?" These days, before any job, Syd had to acknowledge the possibility that he or the others might not make it home. In the last moments, however, he knew he had to control his mind and set it into action. Looking his father strongly in the eye, he chose not to listen to any worries that his mind procured and instead focused on the task at hand.

Misty Gray Misty Gray James Bellz Bellz Peter Fletchawk Fletchawk Ryan

Jason Costello

tumblr_nfi3fbCIfY1rjn473o1_500.gif It took some persistant clanging against the cell bars to wake Jason from his drunken slumber. When his eyes eventually opened, the garda waved his baton behind him and Gwen stepped into view. Dressed to the nines in a glamorous gown with her hair done up, red curls cascading down her back, the sight of her made Jason's jaw instantly drop. It had been six weeks now since he had last laid eyes on her, and in his stupor he had forgotten all about the phone call he had made to her just moments ago. He thought he was dreaming. In his excitement, Jason tried to push himself off the ground with his hands, but when they wouldn't part, he got confused and looked down to see the handcuffs restraining his wrists. He rattled them a bit before giving up with a sigh. "Gwen..." he mumbled, but the garda soon knelt down and unlocked them for him. Gwen came in too then, helping the guard to lift him to his feet. Everything blurred together when he rose up and he let out a groan, shutting his eyes tight for a moment as he almost lost his balance again. Gwen hung his arm around her shoulder and he immediately shook himself free of the guard's grip, wanting only to be held by the beautiful woman. "Told ye she'd be here for me, didn't I?" he chuckled, dragging his feet behind him as Gwen hauled him down the corridor.

The guard handed him his coat, shoes and wallet but he didn't waste another five minutes putting them on, instead carrying them as a bundle under one arm. Any final words or lectures from the gardai went over his head. He tried to remember what he had done before: just nod and say "Aye" until they stop talking and let him go. The warm evening air welcomed him as the two stepped outside and he exhaled a sigh of great relief at being once again what he considered to be free. With some difficulty on her part, Gwen soon dropped him into the passenger seat of her car and shut the door. Anyone else would be able to tell how angry she was at that time, but not Jason. With her sat so close to him, he only felt happy to be back in her presence. He spent the journey twisted in his seat so that he was fully facing her, and smiled at her as she drove along. "God, look at you," he whispered. "You're an angel. A sweet guardian angel, always here for me..." She ignored him, keeping her furious eyes on the road ahead. "Look at me, let me see those gorgeous brown eyes," he pleaded, softly. Then, when she refused to acknowledge him, he spoke up. "Please look at me. I miss you. C'mere, angel, don't ye be missin' me, too?"

Perhaps partly in an attempt to get him to shut up, she suddenly asked him the way to his place. Her tone was sharp, and that was the first time he realised she was angry. "We're not goin' to my place. We never go to my place," he responded, through a yawn. Reaching forwards, he began pressing buttons on the dashboard. First the headlights switched off, then the windscreen wipers turned on, then eventually the radio buzzed and tuned into some slow blues song that he hadn't heard before. He tried to hum along anyway, and laid his head against Gwen's shoulder, wishing only to be lying in bed with her as they used to.

In the time since he had walked out on her, Jason had spent a great deal of time and effort trying to convince himself that he wasn't attached to her, that he could go without her. But the truth was, he hadn't gone a single day without thinking about her. He had tried to drink to get her off his mind, but more often than not it just made him want her even more. And when, earlier in the evening, he had run into a certain familiar English lad on a street corner - the same one who had sexually harassed Gwen way back on the night they first met - the alcohol only manifested his regrets as violent behaviour, and got him arrested.

Soon the motion of the car started to unsettle him and he shifted closer to her, hardly able to hold himself up. "Ugh...d'ye have to go so fast?" he muttered. As he was raising a hand to cover his eyes, he noticed a familiar building through the window. "C'mere, ye missed the turn," he slurred, reaching out towards the steering wheel and trying to take hold of it himself. "Right right right, go right. Go right!" He laughed as he got in the way of her steering, viewing it only as playful. "Stop the car," he suddenly asserted, some urgency in his voice. "Stop, Gwen!" When the car eventually came to a halt, Jason rattled the door handle until it swung open, causing him to fall out clumsily. Laughing at himself as he struggled to get up off the curb, he lay down defeated, closed his eyes and said, "We're here!"

Nothing about the apartment block was welcoming. Surrounded by a broken wire fence and with several smashed windows on the ground floor, it was evident that security was non-existent and that there had been no inspections for several years. Even once they had got up the stairs to Jason's apartment on the third floor, the sound of his neighbour's incessant arguing could be heard through the walls. Jason pushed his front door open - he never bothered to lock it unless he was inside - and flicked the light switch, which of course didn't turn on. Having still not managed to pay his bills since he moved in, the room was cold, seemingly more so than outside. "Want a drink, love?" he offered, though he was already far too wasted to pour out another.

Interactions
Bellz Bellz Gwen

Lucy Porter
Gossiping .gif With the wedding getting closer and closer, Lucy's focus was eventually turned to worrying about her husbands health, who was getting better with every passing day, to planning for the big day. Sinead was amazing in carrying out her Maid of Honor duties and Lucy was so excited that she could do it this time around. Thomas was already beginning to grow too much for her liking and she spent most of her days tending to the little one, loving that she had someone to take care of again. Tonight was going to be fun for the ladies, but the mission that their men were going on tonight was hanging heavily on Lucy's shoulders as she hoped nothing would go wrong. With her mother looking after the Callahan kids and little Thomas, the women were up in Lucy's room, giggling away and talking amongst themselves.

Lucy had just gotten out of a conversation with Blake about her own relationship when Sinead asked if they wanted cocktails. The blondes nerves were tight and drinking was definitely something to be desired in that moment, "Yes please!" Lucy said to her sister as she moved to sit up against the headboard of the bed. Upon the question of where Skye was, Lucy's face looked worried for a split second, "She was suppose to be here. I hope she's feeling alright..." Her attention was quickly taken from Sky when Ali said her name, causing her to laugh as she listened to her words.

"Oh god I know. One man for the rest of my life is going to be a challenge...seeing as how I go out all the time." She teased in return. In honesty though, there was still a nervous feeling as she thought about the wedding. Although they had done it once before...there was some caution that came with doing it all over again. It was very very unlikely that the same events would happen over again, but there was always a reason to be cautious.

Instead of letting herself getting sucked into her own dark thoughts, the woman moved off the bed to head towards the record player. "Any requests, my beautiful women? We've got a pretty large collection." Once the request was given, she plopped in the record and listened as it began to play softly in the background before clapping her hands together. "Okay! I want to hear all the gossip!"
with: Sinead Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Ali Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess ; Blake (me)

Peter Callahan
Peter Sitting.png
Despite having done this time and time before, there was still a sort of anxiety that came with these types of missions. The last few weeks with his wife had been amazing, and tonight he would make sure he wouldn't lose her ever again. Tonight, everything would come to an end and by tomorrow, the Porter family could finally breath again. Looking at the other men in the room, he wasn't surprised to see James looking as calm as ever. He envied his brother-in-laws skill to look so calm and collected. Peter felt like he was transparent, as much as he tried to stay cool, he was shaking like a leaf on a windy day. The IWU had their moment, and now it was Porter's turn to return the favor.

Part of him worried about Sinead and the children at home, more so Sinead than the kids, as she knew what was really going on tonight. He promised her that he would return home, but he couldn't promise her that he would return home unharmed...that was something that really couldn't be promised without the words soon turning into a lie. Right now, he thought about how he could really use a drink when James moved over to the group and asked if they were doing alright. Peter was silent as he looked to Ryan and then to Syd, who seemed to be the most visibly nervous out of the whole lot. He felt for the kid. Peter couldn't imagine doing what he was doing at his age, remembering that he had just been some stupid kid trying to survive.

His days on the streets felt troubling and dangerous, but this was much worse. Peter was proud of the way the young man was handling the situation and smirked lightly when he said that they were locked and loaded. "I second that." Peter echoed as he looked to James, the same confidence in his tone. When asked if there was anything else to go over, Peter raised his brow slightly. They had gone over the plan many many times but if there was anything else they should all know, now would definitely be the time to do it. Shifting slightly in his seat, Peter leaned back and made himself as comfortable as possible before they entered the belly of the beast.
with: James Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Syd Pyroclast Pyroclast ; Ryan Fletchawk Fletchawk

Gwen Sheehan
Looking around .gif Gwen continued to look forward at the road as Jason mumbled on about how she looked, calling her an angel. Normally this would have caused her to smile, to blush, to look at him with tenderness in her eyes but all she could do now was look ahead and grip the steering wheel as she attempted not to lose it. His answer about where his place was irritated her a bit but she didn't answer as she just continued to drive. Maybe if she did that he would be able to give her some sort of direction on accident. He was completely hammered, more so than she had ever seen him before. He moved towards the dash and started to press buttons, "Jason!" She shouted at him as he turned the headlights off, which made it extremely difficult to see the road. Then he turned on the windshield wipers, which she was quick to turn off. Finally, he found what he was looking for a then laid his head down on her shoulder, which caused the redhead to stiffen.

Had he forgotten that he walked out on her? Cause it seemed to look that way to her. The hurt was evident in her face but she was sure that he was too drunk to even notice. Everyday had been painful for her to wake up to, her bed serving as an empty reminder of who use to lay beside her almost every chance they got. The music in the car, which she was beginning to enjoy, was ruined when Jason spoke up again. "I'm just trying to-" He grabbed the steering wheel suddenly and the car swerved. "What the hell do you think you are doing?!" She hissed, trying to pry his hands away as she continued to also try to control the car. "I know I know I know!" She growled out in irritation. Once she did regain control, the man told her to stop the car, urgency in his voice to the point that she thought something was really wrong.

Gasping out, Gwen moved the car to the curb and slammed her foot against the breaks, causing her tires to squeal loudly. She was stiff as she stared at the road, not watching as Jason struggled to get out of the car. Her breathing was heavy and her lip trembled. He was a mess and as much as she wanted to comfort him, take care of him...love him...she knew what she had to do. "I figured as much." She responded to him saying that they were here and got out of the car.

Gwen hadn't even noticed the condition of the area that they were in until she looked up and around her. It was an area that she wouldn't be caught in...that was for sure. Not because she was too good for it, but because these types of places just scared the hell out of her. Gulping, the women rounded the car to help Jason to his feet, and that's when the real struggle began. Eventually, they got him up to his floor but were welcomed by the sound of neighbor's screaming at each other as they passed to get to his door.

She noticed that the door was unlocked as Jason pushed his way inside before flicking on the light, which didn't turn on. Gwen was quick to try and flick it on again a few times, and when nothing happen she knew why. Hardly able to see, Gwen squinted as she shut the door behind her. "No." She answered his question, "You need to lay down." With that, she moved to lead him towards his bedroom, which was also dark. Once he was laid down, Gwen sat down on the edge of the bed.

There was a silence that fell between them as Gwen sat, shaking with both adrenaline and anger. "This is what I get? After everything...you just left?" Her voice broke as the tears welled in her eyes...
with: Jason Pyroclast Pyroclast

Sinead Callahan

1552428073464-png.551006
Sinead handed each of the other ladies a drink before making herself comfortable on the bed and placing her own glass on the bedside table. She couldn't help but smile as Aliana and Lucy joked about her sister having a challenge ahead of her. "You have my sympathy, Luce. You're marrying an oooooooold man," she teased. "You're going to have a perfect wedding, just like you deserve. You're getting all of the happiness that you should have had all along." Her mind went to Thomas and she couldn't help but smile to herself. "Gosh, I miss having a little baby to look after..." she trailed off, hoping to distract herself before she started feeling broody.

When Lucy asked about gossip, Sinead quickly shook her head. There was nothing of the sort in her own life and the information she knew about Finn's love life was not something she could share - she loved her cousin too much to do that to him. Instead she turned to look pointedly in Aliana's direction. "How about you, Ali? You and my brother seem close... all loved up!" she pointed out. "Spill the beans!"

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Bellz Bellz

Jason Costello

tumblr_nfi3fbCIfY1rjn473o1_500.gif Although Jason was used to the darkness by now, his vision had already been compromised by the copious amount of alcohol he had consumed and so, when he staggered over to the table and reached out for one of the bottles so that he could make Gwen a drink, he managed to knock several of them over in the process, causing one or two to slip onto the floor and smash at his feet. He cursed loudly, in part because of the offensive noise it had made, and Gwen soon put a hand on him and told him he needed to lie down. "No, I don't...I'm fine," he argued, stepping away from her to try to prove that he was capable of standing alone. But the wet floor caused him to slip and before he could stabilise himself, she placed her hands on him firmly and lead him to the bedroom.

Being laid down on the bed almost sent Jason straight to sleep, but even with his eyes shut he could sense Gwen sitting beside him in the dark. He shifted closer to her and extended one arm, groping blindly for her hand to hold. A draught blew through a gap in the window frame and raised the hairs on Jason's arms; he opened one eye to see what Gwen was doing if not lying down next to him to share body heat. But she was just sitting there, her body stiff with anger. The silence finally broke when Gwen confronted him about how he had hurt her all those weeks ago. Jason frowned at hearing the pain in her voice, but wasn't sure what to say. This whole evening, he hadn't once thought about the way they had left things - he had only been happy to be back in her company again. To him, it seemed like nothing had changed, like they had never been apart and that all the guilt and heartache he had experienced from trying to stay away from her was finally over, replaced with the warm, familiar fluttering feeling of falling in love. Of course, it was all just a delusion that his excessive drinking had lead him to believe; in reality, he had a lot of explaining to do.

"Gwen, c'mere...baby, listen," he murmured, helplessly. By now, he was on the brink of passing out - he just wanted Gwen to calm down so that she could settle down beside him for the night. "Don't be upset, now. We're back together, now, look. You an' me, it's always you an' me..." When it became clear to him that she wasn't going to lie down beside him, Jason pushed himself upright so that he was sitting close to Gwen. Placing a hand on her back, he rested his chin on her shoulder and kissed her neck. "It's all in the stars, Gwen," he went on, pointing out of the window. "Some things are meant to be, y'know? Some people are meant to come back into your life. Some people...aren't meant to come back. Sixteen years, ye can guess they won't." Jason sniffed and let his arm drop into his lap. Soon he found Gwen's hand, and looked down to it, toying with her fingers lightly. "But ye gotta let the universe do its thing. An' you -" he brought his head close to hers and rested his forehead against her temple, closing his eyes once more. "- you an' me, Gwen, we always find each other again. It's in the stars." At this point, Jason wasn't really sure what he was talking about anymore. The fatigue that was closing in on him was causing his mind to drift all over the place, distracted by the pleasure of being near to her. The moment stilled, and just when it seemed like he was done for the night, Jason reared his head once more and sent Gwen a funny look. "Your family," he spoke up. "For instance. James Porter. One minute you've got family, next ye don't. Then suddenly, you've got a brother in the mafia. The head. There protectin' ye...protectin' ye from all the bad men out there." His eyes narrowed as he held his gaze on her - but he soon forgot what he was talking about and ended up lost in her eyes again. "God...you're so beautiful."

Interactions
Bellz Bellz Gwen

Ryan Donahue
After business.jpgEven though the unexpected letter initially resulted in some sleepless nights, its contents inflamed something deep within him. This new drive animated Ryan, and it was seen in the following weeks, although he didn't share the reason in fear that it was a sham. However, validating the information was not something he could do in Dublin. But he had no intentions of leaving until the IWU were dealt with. It took weeks, but they were able to finally maneuver into a position to invade the Union's head of operations a second time. Ryan knew that he didn't have to participate, and the letter had given him reason not to, but he owed it to James, and to everyone else.

The flak vest wasn't exactly what one would call light, but it was a weight he'd gotten used to during his time patrolling the Korean DMZ several years prior. Given that Ryan would be taking point, the added protection was appreciated. Since he'd been the ones to set up the display of armaments, he had his equipment prepped long before everyone else, so his thoughts had been elsewhere when James signalled it was time to work. Not breaking his uncharacteristic silence, Ryan signalled his readiness with a nod before standing up and gathering his equipment. Now that Ryan was no longer absorbed with his own thoughts, he could see the pre-combat jitters displayed by Peter and Syd. It was something he could commiserate with, but even with something to potentially lose, Ryan remained mostly desensitized to idea of not living to see another day.

Misty Gray Misty Gray [James] Pyroclast Pyroclast [Syd] Bellz Bellz [Peter]

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f384d596135354538705877774c673d3d2d3538373732323838352e313533373230376462393539663135633237353134333930303231362e676966

Aliana Cartwright

With her drink in hand, Ali nodded and laughed along with Sinead and Lucy's jokes. She didn't know much about Lucy's past life in Chicago, but she did know of her life in Ireland. She had been there to witness some of the cruelties she had to go through. So when Sinead told her she deserved happiness, she nodded her head in agreeance. "I second that comment." She raised her glass to her lips and took a sip. It made her think about everything she had been through so far and her own past life until she started thinking; do I deserve that same happiness? The smile on her face began to quiver before she was snapped out of her thoughts. The girls were now bugging her about her relationship with Conor and it made her hide behind her wine glass. She had never before been in a relationship nor really had female friends like this and she had another unknown feeling inside. Maybe it was one of belonging or satisfication of finally being able to live her life and be open with others. What ever it was, it was a good feeling and she was going to take advantage of it.

"Oh gosh. I don't know." She feinged like she was shy before setting her glass down and proping herself up on a few pillows. "Okay okay okay, you twisted my arm I'll tell you." With a smile on her face, she started to tell the girls everything. "I... Told him I loved him and he responded. Now as most of you know, that's a HUGE deal for me. We've just been spending a lot of time together and it's just great." Ali didn't realize how much or how hard she was smiling or the fact that you could see her blushing a little. "I don't know, you guys. He could be the one and I..." She hesitated before biting her lip. "It scares me, to be honest. It really really does." It was almost a whisper as she looked down at her fingers, suddenly finding herself in a dark spot. It took her a minute before she cleared her throat and picked up her glass again. "Sorry!" She quickly downed her glass before getting up to get another. "ANYWAY." She said, trying to change the subject.

Sinead ( Misty Gray Misty Gray ) Lucy, Blake ( Bellz Bellz )

Gwen Sheehan
Looking around .gif Gwen didn't shift away when Jason reached to grab for her hand, instead just watching him in the pale light of the moon at the man he had been reduced to in a matter of 6 weeks. This wasn't the Jason she knew, but then again...how much did she really know him? They hadn't know each other for very long and this connection that seemed to have brought them together was only a quick flame. At least on his side of things. He spoke to her again, calling her baby, which caused her to blink back tears. As angry as she was, she wasn't very good at showing it. He almost seemed to be oblivious to her pain but when he told her not to be upset, it was clear he had at least some understanding. He spoke of them being back together and that it had always been him and her together. That wasn't true of course, she was alone only a few months ago, not even knowing a man whose name Jason Costello would tear a hole in a heart so big that she wouldn't recover.

The man pushed himself up and Gwen stiffened once again as he placed a hand on her back, smelling strongly of booze as he rested his chin on her shoulder, kissing her neck tenderly. This of course caused her to shiver, even though she wished she hadn't. He still had this hold over her and as much as she wanted to fall back into his arms then and there, she knew she couldn't. His words were breaking her heart and she just knew that he was talking about more than just herself...is that how long his family had been gone for? She couldn't imagine how it would have felt if her mother would have left her...god bless her soul she never did. He seemed saddened about what he just said and Gwen couldn't help but wrap her arm around him lightly. He took her hand and fiddled with her fingers and Gwen just let him. She had every intention of throwing him out like yesterday's garbage because she thought that's what he was for ditching her like that...

Gwen was quickly reminded that Jason was only human, just like herself, just like James, whom she'd forgiven for all his crimes immediately. Why couldn't she do that for this man? There was silence for a long time and Gwen was almost sure that Jason had drifted off into drunken dreamland when he looked up at her once more. He spoke of her family and her brother and she raised an eyebrow, wondering where he was going with this point of the conversation. His eyes narrowed at her as he spoke about the protection her new family would give her but she was confused and stared at him with wide eyes, tilting her head slightly.

Jason didn't even seem to know where he was going with it because his face softened soon after and he called her beautiful. This caused the woman to let out a small laugh in disbelief. "You know if you keep talking this much, that word vomit might turn into actual vomit. Don't want to throw up on me do ya?" With that, she gave him a gentle shove, deciding the only way she was going to get him to rest is if she laid down beside him. Once he was down, she laid next to him staring at the water stained ceiling above. Sirens and lights could be heard and seen in the not too far off distance as Gwen thought about Jason's words, "The stars...the fade eventually you know." She murmured to him as she continued to stair up at the ceiling, her one hand in his as the other rested on her stomach. For a moment in time, things between them felt the same as it had been before...like he never left her to begin with. "You have to have faith in the stars...that they will guide you in the right direction...Jase.." She continued. "If you aren't honest with them...they realign." Tears formed in her eyes again...she knew he wouldn't understand what she's trying to say but at least she could end it verbally without him never hearing it..."You use to be my star.."

Lucy Porter
Gossiping .gif Lucy let out another laugh as Sinead reminded her once again that she would be marrying a "Old Man." That nickname quickly sent her back to Chicago, remembering how Sinead always called James that even though at the point he was only in his 20s. The blonde's cheeks turned pink as Sinead said that she was going to have the perfect wedding that she deserved. Lucy had no idea how she landed herself such a perfect sister and family, they thought she deserved the world and even though she could argue it...she didn't. At the mention of Sinead missing a baby to look after, Lucy chuckled, "You can always take Thomas! He's been keeping James and I up almost every night this week. I'll give you a call next time." She teased. Lucy wouldn't give Thomas up for anything.

The gossip she wanted was being given to her by Ali and Lucy sipped away at her drink while listening intently. The smile on Ali's face was one that Lucy hoped would stay there forever, Conor was doing such an amazing job at keeping her happy and Lucy was proud of her brother for taking responsibilities. She almost spit out her drink as Ali said that she had told him she loved him, "YOU DID!" Lucy squealed a little too loudly and moved a hand to cover her mouth as she giggled, "What the hell did you put in this drink Sin?" She asked, her sister normally being the shrill one of the Sullivan kids.

Lucy nodded her head as Ali said that it scared her, she had been there before. "Don't you worry Ali, if its meant to be...its meant to be. And I think you both are definitely meant for each other." She took the hint of the subject change and smiled. "Tomorrow is going to be crazy." She commented. "Never in a million years did I think I would get married...but for a second time to the same man who loves me? I never thought that would happen." She murmured happily.

"Oh gosh girls, I think I really love James Porter." She said with a chuckle.
with: Ali Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess ; Sinead Misty Gray Misty Gray

Sinead Callahan

1552428073464-png.551006
Although she knew Lucy was joking about taking Thomas, Sinead's face still perked up at the thought. "Honey, I have all the time for that cute little baby boy!" she enthused.

Sinead's attention was then fixed on Aliana as she began speaking about her relationship with Conor. The way her friend smiled and seemed to get lost in her thoughts was enough to tell the redhead that her current relationships status was indeed going to be very interesting to hear about. Sinead tilted her head as Aliana appeared to have an uncharacteristic moment of shyness but she soon got into the swing of divulging the details of her love life. She sat with her mouth open as she heard Conor had told Aliana he loved her and that those feelings were reciprocated. Usually the one to screech with excitement, Sinead was surprised to see her sister had beaten her to it. She giggled at Lucy's reaction and shrugged her shoulders when questioned about what was in the drink. "Oh, that's my little secret, but it sure is working its magic. Am I right?" she joked. She then looked directly to Aliana and warmly smiled to her friend. "I think he is the one, Ali. You two are both amazing and I'm surprised this didn't happened sooner. Better late than never, right?" she teased. "Looks like I might have to buy another dress... for another wedding!" she said, winking at her friend.

Sinead scoffed when Lucy said tomorrow would be crazy. "Not if Emmy and I can help it! You're going to have the most smooth wedding ceremony with us in charge," she firmly assured her. When Lucy mentioned how surprised she felt at getting married twice to the same man, Sinead couldn't help but smile. "Aww, see. Grumpy old men can find love too," she joked at James' expense. She then squeezed Lucy's hand. "Don't tell him I said that though, yeah?" She then took another sip of her drink and smiled. "Nah, I think you two are adorable," she assured Lucy. Sinead brought the glass to her mouth to take a longer drink from it. She was worried about Peter out on the dangerous job he was on. She was generally worried about him lately. Whilst she joked about James being serious and moody, she knew it wasn't a concern and was mostly just his business personality. With Peter, she worried when he had his bad days, because they weren't normal for her husband.

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Bellz Bellz

Jason Costello

tumblr_nfi3fbCIfY1rjn473o1_500.gif Jason's eyes had adjusted to the dark by now - he was able to see the glimmer of moonlight reflected in Gwen's eyes as she stared at him in confusion. A seductive smile grew on his face as he gazed at her, leaning in closer as though to kiss her. But she laughed before he could, and jokingly asked him if he might throw up on her. Unable to follow the conversation in his state, he focused on the sweet sound of her voice and simply giggled along with her.

The alcohol had made him light as a feather, and so it only took a gentle push from Gwen to get Jason lying down on the bed once more. This time, she lay down too, keeping hold of his hand. Jason closed his eyes contentedly and smiled, nestling close to her. "I know," he softly responded - though in fact he had no idea what she was talking about. "They lead me back to you." Gwen went on speaking but all Jason understood at that time was that Gwen was in his bed, holding his hand, and thus concluded that everything was perfect. He didn't notice the tremble in her voice, nor the tears that shone in her eyes. Even the evening's events had slipped his mind now - he had forgotten ever getting into a street fight, getting arrested, calling Gwen for help, even how the two had got home. Nothing mattered to him at all anymore, now that she was by his side.

During the short time that the pair had been seeing each other, they had never once talked about how they felt. All Jason knew was that when he was in her company, he was happy, and when he wasn't, he was looking forward to seeing her again. There had been very little reflection on his part over how much she meant to him; it was only after he had walked out on her that he realised she was the only part of his life that made him feel truly happy. The emptiness he had felt in her absence had pushed him over the edge, but now, in his drunken state, all the shame and guilt had been overridden. "Gwen," he whispered, shifting closer to lightly rest his forehead against her arm. "I'm glad you're here." With that, Jason fell into a deep sleep, no doubt to dream of the woman lying at his side. The woman who, although he didn't know it, he was head over heels in love with.

Interactions
Bellz Bellz Gwen

Gwen Sheehan
Looking around .gif Gwen listened as Jason grew silent after telling her that the stars lead him back to her, she was sure that he was asleep and she moved only a fraction before Jason moved into her, saying her name in a whisper and confessing that he was glad she was there. Gwen swallowed harshly, tears continuing to well in her eyes as she sucked in a deep breath. She laid still for a long time, physically unable to get up on her own and just leave like she had previously planned to do. He had no idea what those words meant to her, that tiny little confession. At least she could leave him on a good note, letting sleep the night away with his happy thoughts. Once again, she was finding herself unable to leave. Biting her lip lightly as it trembled, she placed her hand against the back of Jason's head, running her hand through his hair lightly. He breathed deeply against her and she knew he was in a deep sleep.

It was now or never. Shifting slightly, she tested to see if she could actually leave without waking him before untangling herself from him and moving to the sheets that were in disarray at the end of the bed. Pulling them up and over Jason, she quickly moved towards the kitchen to grab him a water and clean up the mess he had made before hand. Once that was done, she moved to her bag and grabbed the small note pad and pen inside. Writing a note, she grabbed the water and moved towards Jason's room once more before setting the note and water down on his bedside table. it read: Maybe someday. With one last look at his sleeping form in the pale moonlight of the night, Gwen blinked back tears as she backed up towards the door.

Grabbing her bag of the kitchen counter, Gwen quickly made her way towards the front door, opening it and stepping through it. Regret began to overcome her and she turned towards the apartment once more, she couldn't leave him...not in the state he was in.

NO! Her thoughts shouted at her. Her hand squeezed the door handle and she blinked, tears falling towards the floor as she looked down a sob breaking through her. Shutting the door before she could act on her instincts, she walked down the sketchy dim lit hall towards the stairs leading to her car. Not looking back at the future she could have had, giving the man she loved what he really wanted instead.

James Porter

1552428029070.pngOnce everyone was armed and ready, the two groups got into the appropriate vehicles and headed off to the locations they'd arranged to attack the factory from. With Conor and the others on their route, James and his group were seated in the worn black Sedan as Danny drove them towards the factory. When they eventually pulled up across the street from the factory they all remained seated in the vehicle until they received confirmation it was safe to get out and storm the building.

There were snipers hidden out at various points surrounding the factory, as they had been for the last few hours. With their eyes watching the building in all of that time, they would know if anything of concern was going on or if the IWU members in question had vacated the building. Soon enough, a young blonde-haired woman walked down the street and passed the vehicle, tapping the front passenger door three times as she continued to casually walk on her way. "Well, looks like you lazy bastards better get to work then," Danny spoke up, having known the woman was giving them the signal they were good to go.

James looked over his shoulder to check on Syd, Peter and Ryan, making sure they weren't having any last minute jitters. He then brought his attention back to looking into the wing-mirror on his side and was satisfied the woman was well enough away from the imminent crime scene. "Right lads--" James began, glancing to his watch which read 8:55.

Before James could finish and anyone could respond, four consecutive loud, thunderous bangs were heard, along with a shockingly bright flashes of light. The car the Porters were sat in rocked and pieces of debris began raining down on their vehicle. Rumbling and crashing sounds followed. By now, it was clear the explosion had originated in the factory as the lower floors were soon engulfed in flames and chunks of the crumbling building's walls and foundations were crashing down into piles of rubble around the structure.

"Drive us to the pub. Now! I've got a stag party to pretend I'm at..." James ordered Danny, his tone firm and calm, yet holding a sense of shock and frustration behind it. With Jackson's group having been given strict instructions not to step out of the car until dead on 9pm they wouldn't have been caught up in the explosion and would know to get away from the scene as fast as possible. "Looks like someone's getting fired tonight," James flatly pointed out. The building was not intended to blow so early, not until he'd stood and watched Gideon die with his own eyes. Though the outcome was still one of the best, James didn't like jobs diverting from his plans. He was also furious at how close they'd all come to being in that building. Someone had made a mistake along the lines and he would find out who had messed up. "When you've got rid of the car, I need you to find out what happened and report straight back me, Danny."

Once the four men were discreetly dropped off in the side entrance of the pub, Danny drove off to get the vehicle destroyed, as planned. James led the others to the private room they had reserved and wasted no time in pouring himself a drink. "Well, that could have gone worse..." he began as he knocked back a shot of whiskey. "Was meant to go a damn sight better, though," he bitterly added. "Let's not tell the ladies back home about how close we came to being blown up..."

Still, he couldn't hide the fact that seeing the factory blow up like that did cause a small smirk to play on his mouth. His smile only grew when the door open again and Conor entered the room with the others.

Bellz Bellz (Peter) Fletchawk Fletchawk (Ryan) Pyroclast Pyroclast (Syd)
...Others: Conor, Jackson, Matteo, Rudy...

Chapter 19: Unite and Divide - Part 2
Chapter 19: Unite and Divide - Part 2
Saturday 3rd September 1960
...the next day...
Early Evening - Sunny, Warm, Dry

1553381720315.png

The Porter House
James Porter

7ab07caac5c9548d24b1934c0a7bd96f.gifAfter the explosion at the factory, James and the other men had made a point of celebrating as normal. After drinking in Conor's pub, they'd moved on to various other popular locations, including the casino. There would be dozens of witnesses attesting to their whereabouts and in his naturally rowdy manner, Conor had made sure the group were noticed throughout the night. As such, it hadn't been hard for the cops to track James and the others down in Conor's apartment bright and early the next morning. Those who had been staying at Conor's to get ready for the wedding had instead spent a number of frustrating hours being interviewed about the factory explosion. In their slight intoxication, none of the men gave anything away. In their sobering state, they continued to give away nothing that could link them to the explosion, only then their responses were by then laced with mild irritation. They were eventually released as the likes of Detective Donnelly had no evidence to go on and apparently many witnesses were around to back up the Porters' story that they'd been drinking from the start of the evening.

Due to the delays caused by the hopeless cops, the wedding got off to a late start, which no doubt set the likes Lucy and Sinead off worrying. After a reassuring call from one of the guys and a rush to get ready, everyone was soon in place for the outdoor wedding ceremony. Once things got started, everything ran by smoothly. Mostly. As James spoke his wedding vows - for the second time - to Lucy there was a moment when he began to stutter as it appeared he might have lost his nerve. In reality, the wedding had brought back memories of when they'd got married the first time around and how they'd only just been pronounced husband and wife when the Romanos opened fire on the ceremony. Now, the IWU were gone and he'd seen it with his own eyes, but he still couldn't avoid the sense of déjà vu. With a little help from directing his focus into the eyes of the woman he loved, James was able to pick himself back up and continue with his vows then eventually seal the deal with the exchanging of rings and a passionate kiss.

Once the ceremony was done, James was finally able to fully relax and the guests were all free to get the party started! James wasted no time in wrapping his arms around Lucy's waist so they could dance closely to the soft music being play by the live pianist Sinead had booked in from her jazz club.

"This is a fresh start, Luce," James softly told his wife before placing another kiss on her lips. He kept his face close but moved his mouth to speak quietly into her ear. "The IWU is gone and we're taking this city back. Our family is safe now," he assured her. As far as he was concerned, any remaining members of the union could either scurry away or he'd make sure they disappeared for good. For now, he intended on pushing any more thoughts of business aside so he could focus on enjoying his wedding day celebrations.

Bellz Bellz (Lucy)

Sinead Callahan

1553381759577.pngThe only thing that had stopped Sinead from going into overdrive worrying about Peter's absence that morning was that she was rushing around putting the finishing touches to the wedding decorations. It had taken a huge amount of self control for her not to throw any pink into her sister's day, but in the end, she adored Lucy's colour scheme and it certainly didn't call for any pink. Once she was satisfied with the decorations, she returned to assist the bridesmaids in helping Lucy get ready. She was beyond grateful that both Skye and Shannon were around to help get the children ready, especially knowing how fussy Savannah could be. In the end, she was happy that everyone looked perfect. She just hoped Emery would stay looking presentable and wouldn't dirty her cute little dress until at least after the ceremony.

Once James and Lucy had tied the knot for the second - more peaceful - time, everyone was invited to start celebrating. The wedding reception party was primarily set up out in the Porters' garden but also extended into the main lounge should anyone need to relax inside at all. Sinead's first point of call had been to share a dance with Peter and inform him of how good he looked in his formal suit. She chose not to ask about the night before and certainly didn't want to lecture him about being late for the wedding. She was just happy everything had worked out in the end.

When the dance ended, Sinead was going to make her way over to speak to Ryan, who she had missed over the last few weeks and months. However, her thoughts were intercepted as she noticed the cold glare Shannon had once again been sending in the direction of Finn and George. She didn't like the way her mother was acting, but she knew not to question the woman, especially not at the risk of causing a stir at Lucy's wedding. Instead, she decided she would go reassure her cousin.

Sinead approached the two men in question with a bright smile on her face and a glass of champagne in her hand. "Don't you two look handsome!" she playfully told the two men as she looked them up and down. "Oooh, follow me," she said, pointing to a small empty table away from anyone else. Once she, Finn and George were all sat down, Sinead awkwardly bit her lip before deciding to say what was on her mind. "I know about you two," she spoke up. "I know you're together. Nobody has told me outright, but all of the clues and signs have added up. One of which being the fact you and my Mum aren't speaking," she said, looking pointedly to Finn. She then allowed her features to soften and a small smile formed on her lips. "I just want you both to know you have my support and I will never judge you for your relationship. You should do whatever makes you happy and you deserve to find love more than anyone, Finn." She reached out to take hold of her cousin's hand and gently squeezed it. "Plus, you both look soooo good together."

Bellz Bellz (Finn)
Mentions: Bellz Bellz (Peter) Fletchawk Fletchawk (Ryan)

Conor Sullivan

1553381777196.pngConor hadn't been happy about getting dragged out of bed so early in the morning to head to the station to answer questions. Still, it was familiar territory and walking back out of the station without a single charge was the same outcome as usual. He'd managed to keep his cool, knowing it wasn't just his own freedom at stake if he slipped up and gave the pigs too much information. All that remained on that front was being able to revel in the fact that those responsible for hurting his family and friends were dead. Even better, he hadn't had to fire a single bullet or stab another man.

It was the second time Conor had been James' best man, but this time the wedding went by without any trouble. Conor was beyond happy to see Lucy finally get the wedding she had dreamed of and he would be sure to spend some time with her once the newly married-again couple weren't occupied.

In the spirit of the day, Conor wished to spend as much time as he could with Aliana. He approached his girlfriend and put his arm around her waist. "There you are, love," he told her placing a kiss on her cheek. "Did I tell already that you look stunning?" he asked her, knowing full well he already had. "I'm going to need you to stick close to me for the rest of the day because I'm scared some bloke is going to try snap you up," he joked. He then pointed in the direction of the drinks table. "Do you want a drink? How pissed are we both getting tonight?" he playfully asked her.

Conor wasn't sure if he should mention it and sour the mood, but in his head, he hoped Aliana was feeling some kind of relief and closure. He hoped the end of the IWU would help her to recover from losing Leo and Tommy. All he wanted was for her to be happy and to let him be a part of her life.

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Aliana)

Skye McKendrick

1553381788540.pngSkye had only managed to spend a couple of hours with the ladies the previous evening before deciding to get an early night so she would have enough energy for the wedding day. The last couple of weeks she'd been doing her best to hide her exhaustion and to keep a positive disposition about her. She'd wanted Syd to have a clear mind for when he helped attack the IWU and she certainly wanted him to be able to enjoy his parents' wedding.

She been up early that morning and the excitement for the day ahead had seemed to fill her with more energy than expected. After getting herself dressed for the wedding, she helped Shannon get the children ready by tending to Savannah's hair and make-up. She loved the Callahan kids and she felt like they were family to her. She was so sure they would all grow up to do great things. She hoped to one day watch Savannah pursue her dream of performing on stage.

The wedding ceremony was beautiful and Skye couldn't help but tear up at seeing Mr and Mrs Porter get married. The whole time, she held Syd's hand and kept glancing to him. She was sure he was the one; love of her life, and felt so lucky to have found her way into his heart.

Once she had watched the Porters get married and everyone was free to get up and start partying, Skye turned to Syd with a bright smile on her face. "That was so adorable. I love your parents!" she gushed. "It's such a beautiful ceremony and I'm so glad I could share this special memory with you," she told him. Before any tears or emotions could take over her, Skye leaned in closer and softly kissed his lips. "I feel so lucky," she told him before embracing him tightly.

Shannon and Arlene are also at the wedding and open for interaction.

Syd Porter

1553466726196.png The night before the wedding had not gone at all as Syd had expected. He had prepared - as much as one can - for the biggest planned job he had ever been on. In the line of work he had chosen, he expected that at some point in his life he would end up responsible for taking a life, and last night was meant to have been that night. After clarifying that the explosion in the factory definitely wasn't their doing, however, deep down he was relieved that that day hadn't come yet. As enthusiastic as he was to take down the IWU once and for all, Syd wasn't sure he was ready to have murder on his conscience yet - though, that could have just been because he had had too much time to think about it.

With business having come to an abrupt end, the group were able to dedicate more time than expected to celebrating both James and Lucy's wedding and, in slight disbelief, the end of their war with the IWU. Despite the interference of the gardai the following morning, the fun that they had had put them all in high spirits for the wedding itself. Syd couldn't have felt happier as he watched his parents exchange their vows, feeling for the first time in a long time that there was no threat lurking around the corner. In fact, the ceremony went as smoothly as everyone had hoped and was more beautiful than Syd could have imagined.

What made the day extra special for him was to have his girlfriend at his side the whole time. Since they got together, there hadn't been many occasions on which the young couple were able to attend a special event together - only funerals and the odd birthday. He loved to see her all dressed up and looking so beautiful and happy. Having noticed that she hadn't let go of his hand during the ceremony, Syd now couldn't stop smiling at her. He began to picture the two of them in his parents' place, standing up there exchanging vows...The very thought of it made him giddy.

The atmosphere of the party was heavy with romance, everyone dancing and drinking with their loved ones, and to hear Skye gush about his parents gave him the impression that she felt it as much as he did. There was genuine emotion in her voice and he kissed her back, chuckling lightly when she threw her arms around him and returning her tight embrace. "I'm the lucky one," he whispered to her, closing his eyes for a moment as he ran his fingers through her soft hair. She was right, it was a special memory that they were sharing - he wanted to remember every single second of it. When he opened his eyes he caught sight of a table of champagne flutes, and pulled away to pick two up. "So let's drink to it," he smiled, passing her a glass. "To my parents, to being here together, and...to you and me." He lightly tapped his glass against hers before taking a sip. Gentle piano music filled the air, and for a moment Syd just looked deeply into her eyes, unable, or unwilling, to look away. A smile spread across his face and he slipped his hand into hers. "Dance with me?"

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray Skye

Users who are viewing this thread

Back