• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A Family Affair: The Irish Mob - IC (Ended)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
George Sanderson

1542306150746-png.504000
George accepted the alcoholic drink from Finn and wasted little time before drinking some of the liquid. He was still getting used to the fact he could now drink as much alcohol as he wanted and he didn't have to find a way to smuggle it in first. After ten years, he felt like he had a lot of catching up to do and hoped his liver could handle it. "Cheers, mate," he once again thanked his friend.

Shannon listened as Finn assured her he would be showing George around the city and making sure the two of them got themselves very drunk. "Glad to hear it, Finnian." She couldn't help but display an exaggerated frown when he said he'd nearly saved enough money to move out of the Porters' place. "Ah, well that is a shame, love. I get the most sense out of you..." she informed him. She was broken off from the conversation when Savannah entered the kitchen with a bunch of flowers that needed putting into water. Shannon got out of her seat and found an empty glass vase in one of the cupboards. As she stood the flowers inside and filled the vase with water, she looked down to her granddaughter. "Savvy, we have visitor. His name is George and he's a friend of your dad's. They both shared a room in prison," she informed her.

"Hey, Savvy. It's lovely to meet you. Your dad told me about you. You like ice-skating, right?" he recalled. Savannah smiled a the man and quickly nodded her head, feeling a little more reassured to hear Peter had told George about her whilst in prison. She was about to speak up when Braden and Emery both raised their voices, stealing any attention, as they squabbled over who had done the most work towards making the cake and buns.

"You two had better shut those big gobs, right now!" Shannon loudly warned them. "I think you'll find I was the one who did all of the work. Now, all three of you," she said, directling her focus on all of the Callahan kids, "go to guest lounge and play with your toys. Give your Gran some peace and quiet, for crying out loud." Once all three children had scurried out of the kitchen, Shannon looked back to Finn and George. "So, Finnian. You're thinking of moving out?" she returned to their conversation. "I guess I can't blame you. If you're back on the dating scene and bringing girls back with you, it's probably for the best. The last thing I need is to walk in on that! The things I've seen over the years in this place and the one back in Chicago..." The distant sound of the telephone ringing in the lounge was enough to save the woman from reliving the times she'd walked in on James and Lucy all those years ago. "Saved by the bell..." she trailed off as she rushed to take the call.

George stood trying to take in all of the excitement and liveliness around him. Soon enough, the kids and then Shannon left the room, leaving him with just Finn. A bright smile crossed his lips as he looked to his friend. "You have a crazy and energetic family, mate. I love it!" he commented. It was vastly different to the stuffiness of his own family home and he welcomed it completely. "So, Finn. Looking to bag yourself a new girlfriend?" he teased, still amused at Shannon's openness.

Bellz Bellz (Finn)

1543872883994.pngKennedy Sullivan

Kennedy was aware that this situation required professionality and shielded off emotions, this led him to hold back a click of his tongue as James put a big emphasis on his role as a Detective, addressing him rather more formally than usual for them. He felt like a black sheep in both factions or camps, the Gardai knew of him and James and some other Porters knew of him, and both seemed to have this unsettled suspicion towards him in the back of their head. They even did not try to hide their knowledge of his affiliation, such as Donnelly and James did tomorrow, both of them looking at him in a rather distanced way, which upset Kennedy more than he was comfortable with. "I think your assumption there are far more plausible than what the Gardai thinks... trust me, I will make sure to get the right folks on the right path and get the right assholes jailed-. or better killed. As long as you guys get your alibis together with witnesses backing them up and all of that crap, there won't be any worries. I worry for the family though, those guys ain't playing. " His voice dropped into a whispering at the end, his eyes widening to show James that he seriously was worried and meaning his words.

He nodded to him as he mentioned Connor and waited patiently for James to perform his call, meanwhile he unbuttoned his jacket to have an easier reach towards his service pistol, able to take out threats faster if any appeared, even if somewhat unlikely. His gaze once again scanned the area, his eyes pinned on Lucy and the stranger for a moment as he gave them a serious nod. As soon as James returned, he simply listened silently, taking the paper and reading the address. A simple nod was exchanged with James and Lucy before he brushed off to the exit. Ken jogged to his car and hopped inside, letting the engine roar up, starting to speed off to his next address.

Once again, upon his arrival, the man searched Connor's car while slowly cruising through the streets, as soon as he noticed the parking spot, Kennedy took a sharp left turn and blocked the way of the car effectively, making him unable to leave the lot in case he slipped past him through any backdoors. His jog to the house block with the correct address and up the stairs made him pant slightly. The door was in front of him, he considered for a moment on the approach, shrugged then and knocked against it heavily with his right knuckles, speaking in a louder tone: "It's Kennedy Sullivan *a pant interrupts his small introduction followed by a small scoff* Connor I need to talk to you, it's urgent."

Misty Gray Misty Gray , Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

Sinead Callahan

isla-fisher-for-elle-magazine-isla-fisher-41258868-500-360-jpg.508644
Sinead listened to Peter as he moved around to put his pants back on, but she kept her face hidden and pressed again the pillow. She'd tried to stay strong and not get upset, as her mother had commanded her, but by now she was finding her husband's apparent rejection too much. The best she could do was shield her crying so she wasn't a burden to Peter when he was still trying to readjust to his freedom. She sensed him as he knelt on the floor and rested his elbows on the mattress next to her. She heard say her name and even tell her he loved her, but she didn't move her head. For all she knew, he was just saying what he thought she wanted to hear. She knew he was a kind-hearted person who would do anything to stop those around him from being upset.

When he told her it wasn't her fault, she paused to think about the statement. Deep down, she agreed with him and whatever was going on was not her fault. She believed she had done everything for their children and their home that her own depression had allowed her to do. She was also sure she'd tried her hardest to make sure Peter felt loved and welcome today. It was those beliefs that had led her to the conclusion that Peter simply didn't love her or wish to be close to her anymore. She sniffled as she felt him move some of her hair so he could try to see her face, but she still didn't budge. Only when he acknowledged that she was trying to spare him and that she could handle the truth did she finally lift her face from the pillow, roll on to her stomach and turn her head to face him. Was someone finally prepared to be completely honest with her and not shield the darker truths their lives were riddled with? As Peter explained that he was torn apart in jail, Sinead's tears ceased, yet her face softened. "I saw the marks on you. Why would they do that? I can't believe anyone would want to hurt you like they did. You did nothing to deserve it," she seriously told him.

"Petey, you could never hurt me. Why would you even think that?" she softly told him, reaching out and placing her hand on top of his, gently stroking it. "You're not a mean or violent person," she said, squeezing his hand.

Bellz Bellz (Peter)

Blake Walsh
a04d7818c081b9893c4e9956048b5962--gossip-girl-cast-black-lively.jpg
Blake was still figuring the woman out even after she had let go of her hand. When explained that the pair had worked together in the past, Blake took a moment to look to Jackson, "Really? I don't believe he has ever mentioned you before." Blake murmured rather bluntly. There was a short pause before Blake continued, "Well we are so glad you are here!" A smile formed on her lips as she tried to do her best to not sound so strained. Blake couldn't help but noticed the woman's bright smile and the way she seemed to look at Jackson. The blonde normally wasn't one to jump so quickly at these types of things but there was something...off. There was some sort of chemistry between Jackson and Evelyn that Blake couldn't deny. It annoyed her greatly and she silently brewed as Evelyn went on to speak.

The news about her having work to get done was like music to Blake's ears. She bobbed her head in agreement, "Oh well we were just heading out for some drinks. But I'm sure next time you both could catch up." Blake slowly wrapped her arm around Jackson's and smiled.. "We should probably get going before we get caught and sent on a job hmm?" A slight tug signified that she was ready to get the hell out of there. "It was really really lovely to meet you, and we all must go out of drinks together sometime." Something about the whole situation was causing a lump to form in Blake's throat. The uncertainty of it all was going to kill her if she didn't get outside to the fresh air. "If you would excuse me." Blake murmured as she untangled herself from Jackson and walked quickly towards the front door.
with: Jackson Enzyme Enzyme ; Evelyn Pyroclast Pyroclast

Nathan Bennett
Armie_1.png
The bodyguard's head shot back at James returning to the table. "Everything alright, Chief?" He quietly spoke as he leaned back in his chair, tilting his head up to James. He knew his question wouldn't be answered, as the boss had more pressing matters. He fully believed Lucy when she said that James was more than capable of handling such situations, seeing that he's clearly no stranger to them. It made Nathan wonder how many pleasant evenings of his have been interrupted by war. He smiled, nodding eagerly as he sat up properly, taking on his task with complete understanding.

The tainted evening didn't bother him too much, Nathan still knew what he was getting into when he arrived in Dublin. If it were any employer, he'd take the night off. James was more than that. Although, the sound of the sudden event made him wonder how serious things were already. He didn't expect such a disturbance. "Hey, at least I'm getting paid." He smirked, nodding his head once again. "My car is nearby, yeah. It's just around the corner. I'll get her home safe, James."

The marksman watched as James left Lucy with a soft embrace before leaving the scene. Despite the sudden change in tone, he still laughed and sat up with her. He adjusts his jacket before stepping out from the table, allowing her to move first. "Oh, I couldn't accept that, Mrs Porter. I don't want to bother you. Especially since your evening has been disrupted." Nathan smiled politely as he responded to her kind gesture, although his stomach wouldn't complain for a free cooked meal. Yet, his better judgement stayed firm; he could never make a pregnant woman cook after a night like this.

Nathan took in the decorative interior of the restaurant, beginning to miss the ambience already. It was certainly unique and memorable, even if he didn't get to eat dinner within it. "After you." He gestured to Lucy, trying to keep his eyes on her instead of the seductive figure across the room. His heart skipped a few times whilst his breathing was cut short. Nathan wasn't sure why he was feeling such emotions, especially to a stranger. The bodyguard stole one last glance before turning to follow Mrs Porter out towards the door. "I'm sorry your evening was interrupted, Mrs Porter. I'm sure you were looking forward to the meal just as much as I was." He quickly stepped forward, holding the door open for her. Nathan wouldn't put this much effort into any other person, but he felt the connection between Lucy and James. It was strong, unified and full of trust. He appreciated such a bond, thus felt the need to give this job his best.

Interactions:
Lucy Porter; Bellz Bellz James Porter; Misty Gray Misty Gray

Aidan Flannagan
Aidan nearly choked on his water again at her next question, having not expected her to say that. He looked around instinctively, despite knowing that pretty much everyone in the club knew that the Porter's were running the mob. It was simply part of his nature to try and protect the family. He leaned in, whispering to Gwen, "I mean...sometimes. I'm not...an official member of the mob. I just do jobs for them. But I am...an associate." He took a sip of his water, finishing it off as he said, "I'll have a uh... whiskey, I suppose. I haven't had a good drink in a while." He didn't drink much, more because his family had a history of alcoholism, and he had no intention of following suit. The occasional drink the calm his nerves or at a formal gathering, usually both. He looked at Gwen, asking in a hushed tone, "How did you find out about the Porter's...business, if you don't mind me asking? I just don't want anyone to hurt you or Mr. Porter." He tried to not sound threatening, the last thing he was in public. On the surface, he was a kind, mild mannered man. But when it came to business, few could match him. And he hated that. As much as he loved the mob, and the family it gave him, he couldn't stand the killing. He hardly slept anymore, haunted by the people he'd killed.
Bellz Bellz

fbf1e03aae13999723847164a129d56f.jpg

Aliana Cartwright

Ali laughed at his flirtatious comment, a genuine laugh she always had when he was around. He made it so easy for her to open up and be happy, which of course scared the poor woman but deep down she knew he wasn't going to let anything happen to her. "You are. Only thing is you're my piece of meat." Conor was looking at her at a sideways angle and this made Ali slightly scrunch her face up with a confused smile. "I can't decide if I like the way you're looking at me or not. On the one hand, you look like you want to attack me. On the other, you look absolutely mesmerized." Well, whatever his reasoning for staring at me like this, she thought to herself, I must have done something right.

It wasn't until he started complimenting her that she noticed how warm her face was getting. The woman was used to comments like these, compliments from every man imaginable. But never had she gotten a compliment from a man looking at her the way Conor was. It wasn't just infatuation, she thought. It wasn't just him doing and saying all the right things to get her into bed, this was all genuine. For a split second, she thought about ending all of this. Telling him this was something she just couldn't do and kicking him out; that it was too much. But, Ali was not going to chicken out this time. This time, she would go on a proper damn date with something she was genuinely interested in and who was genuinely interested in her.

She was knocked out of her thoughts by the sound of someone knocking on her door. Looking at Conor with an eyebrow raised, she started for the table next to her door, fiddling around for her handgun. When the voice spoke again and introduced himself as Kennedy Sullivan, she stopped reaching for it. Anyone named 'Sullivan' was friendly, right? She hesitantly opened the door still on guard and looked the man up and down. While he looked familiar, she couldn't remember if she had ever met him before. "You can come in, but Conor and I were just on our way out." She told him, opening the door more for him to enter if he wished. "It won't take long will it?" She asked, her anticipation of her first date building.

Conor ( Misty Gray Misty Gray ) Kennedy ( mpower mpower )

James Porter and Detective Donnelly

1543930743055.pngJames hadn't intentionally meant to offend Kennedy, but at the same time, he wasn't one to dance around subjects or sugarcoat things. If the man had any suspicions that James was involved in the attack, he needed setting straight, both for the sake of his position in the family and also his relationship with his colleagues at the station. Thankfully, Kennedy spoke up and seemed to agree with him about the IWU being the ones to blame. The man informed him he would set the investigation on the right path and make sure the IWU's involvement was investigated. James couldn't find fault with that and Kennedy hadn't even needed persuading to do as James wanted. It had been difficult to let the Detective into both his home and his business, but so far, the man was proving himself as both valuable and trustworthy.

After leaving Lucy and Nathan at the restaurant, James made his way down the street and to the parking lot by the Jazz Club. He was thankful he'd only had a small amount of alcohol but annoyed he hadn't managed to have dinner before Kennedy had shown up. In his head, he mapped out his route to the police station and made the decision to stop off at shop on the way to get himself a snack. He expected his time at the station to be frustrating enough without sitting there on an empty stomach. James completed his usual checks all around his car before eventually getting in. It was a ritual he'd been doing since he started out back in Chicago and he wouldn't put it past his enemies to tamper with his vehicle, especially when it had been left in a public place for so long.

Upon entering the station, James immediately felt eyes on him. Some belonging to cops he was on amicable professional terms with, but others more than likely belonged to officers who would much rather see him behind bars or dead. "Is Donnelly here?" James simply asked the nearest officer who looked willing to answer. Upon being informed the Detective hadn't yet returned, James sat down on one of the seats in the reception area. 'Glad I had that sandwich'.

******​

Donnelly had noticed how his comments about the Porters - Kennedy's "lot" - had seemed to strike a chord with his fellow Detective. He wasn't about to apologise for it as he was no stranger to the feud between the Porters and the IWU, so why wouldn't they be the prime suspects? Regardless, when it came down to it, Donnelly wanted to believe the Porters were innocent as he always maintained they were the lesser evil. He'd witnessed the state of the city before the Porters swooped in. As much as he hated to admit it, the Mob had managed to bring order to the chaos and disruption the other gangs had created in Dublin prior to the 1950s. He found James easy to work with as he was reasonable and humane, for a criminal.

Kennedy made it clear he would go find James and the other high-ranking gang members. Donnelly had no argument with that plan of action. Despite his tone and words, Donnelly didn't want the Porters to be behind the attack and that also meant he wanted them to have strong alibis so the department would have no choice but to broaden their investigations. He also agreed when Kennedy reminded him that the Porters weren't Jared's only enemies.

1543950678108.pngThe fire was eventually extinguished enough that Donnelly could force the firefighters to at least let him inspect what was left of the ground floor of the Armstrongs' home. After putting on a safety helmet and breathing mask, Donnelly entered the remains of the building along with two firemen. Amongst the smoke and debris, the Detective's attention was immediately drawn to the charred corpses all in a line, where they had been prior to the fire being started. There was another body in the centre of the room, one Donnelly believed to be a male. His eyes finally fell onto the two corpses by the back wall, both of which he believed to be female, especially given their much smaller frames and builds. The grim sight filled the man with anger, but mostly a desire to find out who was behind it. He hoped to God this wasn't the Porters, as this was far too personal and brutal to allow him to consider wanting to cover for them. Once he'd seen all he could, Donnelly returned outside and removed the breathing mask from over his face, allowing the firefighters to finish up with their work. He decided to return to the station, knowing his colleagues and forensics would be able to continue once the whole house was pronounced safe for them to enter.

When Donnelly arrived at the station, he was glad to see James hadn't ignored his request, but he asked to man to wait a little while longer whilst he prepared the interview room. The Detective walked deeper into the station and soon located Alex Crossman; the new transfer to Dublin from Kinsale. The newcomer had been placed under Donnelly's wing and though he'd by now been made aware of the organised crime around the city, today's events would no doubt be a big eye-opener. "Crossman, I'm about to interview James Porter and you'll be joining me," he informed in. As they walked to the room in question, Donnelly went on to update the younger man on everything from back at the Armstrongs' place. "As you're working with me more often than not, you're going to be hearing about the Porters a lot, as well as the Irish Workers' Union. What better opportunity for you to meet James Porter than now? You feeling up to this?" he asked.

Enzyme Enzyme (Alex)
Mention: mpower mpower (Kennedy)

Conor Sullivan

tumblr_p1gmt5rqez1vf44fuo2_400-gif.508035
Conor was enjoying his flirtations with Aliana and by now was eager to get to their date. It would be good to switch off from work and also spend time alone with the woman he cared about, free of distractions and away from his lovable, but nosy, family. With that in mind, when the sound of someone knowing at the door was heard, his face visibly dropped and reflected his slight irritation. He saw Aliana rush to get her gun and this caused his own adrenaline to rise slightly. It was poor reflection of their world that her instinct had been to rush for a weapon and his was to get ready for a fight. Soon enough, Kennedy spoke loudly and announced his identity, causing Conor to visibly relax.

Clearing his throat, Conor opted to put on one of his terrible attempts at accents. This time, he was going with French. "Sorry, Monsieur Sullivan. There is no Conor here..." he began, chuckling at his own silliness. His cousin went on to say the purpose of his presence was urgent and at the same time, Aliana opened the door to the man. "Ahh, should have played along, love..." he trailed off, loudly so Kennedy could hear him. "Kennedy Sullivan, huh? Can I still call you Ken?" he playfully remarked to his cousin, giving him a friendly but firm pat on his shoulder.

Conor waited for Kennedy to take Aliana up on her invite and step inside. "We're just heading out, mate. I can spare you five minutes," he said glancing to his watch. "What's the problem?" he asked. Judging by the urgency in the man's voice and the fact he'd found his way to Aliana's apartment, Conor could only assume there was a problem.

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Aliana) mpower mpower (Kennedy)

Kennedy Sullivan

Kennedy expected many reactions, but that accent of his cousin was certainly not one of them. On a brighter day, he might have chuckled or smirked to that joke along with his cousin, right now though he only felt fucked by everyone he had visited today, one way or another. Perhaps he was too emotional for these things? Thankfully he kept those thoughts sealed in his inner body, his face remaining stern, even when his cousin approached him and gave him a pat, a sign of affection he had started to miss today. He took a step backwards and inspected them and the room, he certainly was interrupting something again, which did not improve his own mood as well, being connected to bad news was something he prefered not to be.

"Evening Aliana", he first addressed the well-dressed woman, his hand reaching up to take his hat off his head. After having done that, he directed his attention to Connor then and shrugged: "You can still call me Ken, I guess I am just a tad nervous due to recent events, forgot that it's you an' all." He inhaled and took a step inside, closing the door behind him, appearing to ignore the timeframe both of them insisted to keep. His eyes closed slightly, Kennedy looked to Aliana for a second, thinking whether he can speak openly or not, but deemed it urgent enough to skip further talking and confidence phrases. "Jared and his family, they're dead. Someone burned their house before apparently shooting them all and the Gardai got you folks under suspicion, 'specially James, you, Jackson and Rudy and Ryan. You need an alibi, possible witnesses alongside you, to prove that you were not involved, which means you gotta hand it over to the Gardai sooner or later. Sorry to interrupt your date here, but those folks are brutal, it might be better if you get yourselves somewhere safe, family's not stopping them, we think that they killed everyone inside there before lighting it up. Had to interrupt James' dinner with Lucy already." His palms raised upwards in an excusing manner, another shoulder shrug off him. To ease down the situation he finally smirked as he noticed the handgun nearby. Ken pointed at it and then looked towards Aliana, asking: "You didn't plan to put some lead into me, did you? Ah, Conor, I blocked your car to prevent you from slipping past me, so if we go down, don't worry."

He really wanted to go back to his box exercise, or even better, to this Gangster Lady, Evelyn. She seemed like someone you can head to if you need a time off or a conversation without being reminded of work and the Mob. His mind drifted off for a second, this time surprised that he did not need a shot today. Though, he knew that this only made the incoming one worse for him and his body. Kennedy clenched his teeth as he had to think of his addiction and the issues accompanying him daily and this made his arm twitch once.

Misty Gray Misty Gray , Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

Skye McKendrick and Shannon Sullivan

1542306169422-png.504001
Skye couldn't help but laugh as Syd suggested they should keep an eye on Braden. "Brady is a smart kid, but at the same time, he's very impressionable. Peter is his number one guy, but he also gushes over your dad, Jackson, Ryan and the others. If he'd known you were training with Jackson, he'd have wanted in on that too. For a little bit, he gave in to Sinead and decided he wanted join the army, but then she told him that was off the cards too, so he's back to the mobster idea." A slight frown crossed her face as she thought of how both options were dangerous. Sure, Tommy had been killed due to his gang ties, but Skye's own father had been killed serving his country in the war. They were both dangerous and Skye could certainly understand why both of Braden's choices terrified Sinead. "Peter does need to back Sinead up on this one and perhaps find Brady a new profession to aspire to," she finally suggested. "Law enforcement is off the table, for sure," she remarked.

Skye blushed when Syd told her she'd been good to the Callahans during their tough times. It had been especially tough for her in the early days of Peter's prison time, as Sinead had been very temperamental and snappy at her. There had been a brief period where the nanny had expected Sinead would fire her if she spoke up too much. "I think now that Peter and Sinead are reunited, they'll be able to help each other. It can only get better now, surely."

Skye moved her face towards Syd's hand as he stroked her cheek, enjoying the affection he was showing her. Naturally, she was about to move in closer to him and initiate a kiss, but that idea was thrown aside as she saw the woman approaching them from the house. "We have company," she warned Syd as she sat up on the grass and crossed her legs.

1543964406655.png"Sorry, lovebirds. You're going to have to smooch later," Shannon's voice boomed as she reached them. "Syd, your dad was just on the phone and you're needed on a job." The woman lit up a cigarette for herself as she waited for her grandson to stand up and level with her. She took a long drag of the stick before taking it out of her mouth and blowing out the smoke. "There's been a fire at Armstrongs' place and the cops suspect the family has been murdered in there. Whilst I'd love to celebrate the idea that the smarmy fucker Jared is dead, our family is obviously the prime suspect. Rudolph and Ryan need to give the cops their alibis, but they're currently trying to catch out the Duncans over at the Archers Pub." Shannon flicked some cigarette ash aside. "You need to get to the pub and get the lads out before its too late. Make sure they're aware they've got to have strong alibis for today and hopefully ones that don't involve breaking some guy's neck... Anyway, you need to get going, right now, Syd. You're to take one of the guards with you."

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Syd)

Finn Sullivan
Liam-Hemsworth-The-LANE-Man-2-2.jpg
After Finn took a long sip from his glass, he watched as the craziness of his family began to unfold. He wondered what George was thinking but before he could ask the man, Savvy entered the room, catching his attention. The man smiled widely at the young girl as she handed off the flowers to Aunty Shannon. Listening as George introduced himself, he was happy to hear that Peter shared information with George about the family. It made him wonder if the man told him anything else about Finn. Before anyone else could speak, Braden and Emery were in a vocal show down and Aunty Shan was quick to warn them to hush. Finn chuckled, his cheeks pink as he looked to George bashfully. The woman then ordered all three of the Callahan children into the lounge without any room to argue.

Once the distraction was out of the room, Shannon turned her attention to Finn, who looked to his Aunt with a little bit of terror in his eyes. Her hollering reminded him of the days when he use to visit his Aunt and Uncle, when he got into a load of trouble with his cousins.. "Ah..." Finn said, the question catching him off guard as he reached behind him to scratch his neck. "Definitely still thinking.." He murmured before she continued speaking. She went on to explain that it was probably best, with all the things she had walked in on. This called Finn to smile and chuckle a bit loudly. His Aunt had a curse for walking in at the wrong time, not that he knew about it personally. He heard plenty about it from others though. Before they could discuss those awkward moments further, the phone rang and his Aunt quickly rushed out of the kitchen.

Finn shifted from foot to foot before looking over at George, "Sorry about that, mate." He said, shaking his head and smiling even wider. George expressed his approval of the family, which made Finn smile so wide that his cheeks hurt. Then the question of a new girlfriend came to light and Finn simply shrugged his shoulders. It was unlike the man to not have a set plan. Most of his life was based around plans that he had made for himself before. When he did go off the trail, it normally ended up with him getting in trouble or in the case of Eleanor..getting his heart hurt. "I think I'm going to explore some more...take some time for me and my friends you know? Also the family could always use some help..."

His tone didn't sound so sure, if that was what he really wanted to do. Biting his lip, the man sigh before smacking his hands against the counter top beneath him. "The tour! Would you like to see the Garden?"
with: George Misty Gray Misty Gray

Peter Callahan
7a695537194297ef22f9e07404427ac9.jpg
Despite his wife telling him that he didn't deserve the beatings he received in prison, something told him the exact opposite. She couldn't believe that anyone would want to hurt him and yet in the business he was involved in...there was plenty of people who would want to hurt him if they crossed him. Peter watched as his wife reached out her petite hand, placing it gently on top of his. Who knew what he was anymore. The man shook his head slowly, not meeting Sinead's eyes. As long as Peter could remember, there was always someone who could hurt him, doing it without much thought...

A young Peter sat on his crooked old cot rubbing a wool blanket between his thumb and index finger, waiting for the moment when Sister Ethel would open the door. She would inspect the room and excuse his brothers and sisters for free time out in the yard behind the orphanage. Oh how he looked forward to playing with some of the others, swinging on the rusty swings. Trying to get the seesaw to give way so that it would properly work...

The door suddenly opened, slamming against the wall behind it with a thud...

Peter blinked hard, shaking his head again before looking up at Sinead. How did she know? He could be mean, violent if he wanted to be. That day in the orphanage, Sister Ethel punished him, ruler across the palm. The same day, he was beaten in the yard by some of the older orphans all for the blanket he carried. Peter was tired of being beaten, tired of taking the hits from those who wanted to hurt him. "I don't know what I am..." He said in a hushed whisper, only squeezing Sinead's hand faintly as he looked down at his lap. There was a long moment of silence between the couple, "I've hurt you already..." He commented. Another silence followed. Finally, he cleared his throat and made eye contact with his wife, "Maybe we should get ready to see the kids? I can't wait for all of us to be together again. Can I help with dinner?"
with: Sinead Misty Gray Misty Gray

Sinead Callahan

1543275554968-png.507669
Sinead watched Peter, the way he slowly shook his head and failed to make eye-contact with her. There was clearly a lot going on in the man’s mind and she didn’t feel like any of her words were reassuring him. Perhaps he didn’t believe in what she was even telling him. There was clearly more on his mind, evident by the way he paused before eventually seeming to snap out of his private thoughts. Then he whispered to her that he didn’t know “what” he was and both of them stayed silent for a time. She knew he’d had a hard life, growing up in the orphanage. She also knew that his parents had cruelly abandoned their son – not even trying to care for and cherish the beautiful person she had fallen in love with. It always shocked Sinead to think that anyone, his family or the orphanage, could be nasty to Peter at all.

Peter then spoke up to say he’d already hurt her. Though she couldn’t truly deny it, she still shook her head. “That’s not your fault. You’ve had a terrible time and you need to readjust,” she reasoned with him. The further silence was broken when Peter mentioned going to see the kids and she quickly nodded her head. Surely he could at least find some joy in them. She sat up and for a brief moment felt the natural urge to kiss her husband, but she fought it and decided he would initiate a kiss when he was ready and willing to. “Dinner is under control,” she assured him as she stood up. “I’ve got it all planned so you can sit back and relax for the rest of the day,” she sweetly added, hoping he understood she wasn’t being abrupt with him.

Sinead finished getting dressed before stepping in front of the mirror to restyle her hair and clean her smudged eye make-up. One thing her children had inherited from her was their inquisitive nature and they would be able to see a mile off if Sinead was upset, so she had to do her best to conceal it from her face. “Alright, I’m ready,” she eventually told Peter, flashing him a smile and taking a deep breath. She took his hand and led him downstairs into the lounge. “I will get the children whilst you mentally prepare for their crazy excitement!” she playfully suggested.

A short time after, the sound of stamping feet was heard as Braden and Emery pounded into the lounge to Peter. “Daddy!” Emery screeched before practically jumping onto the man and giving him a tight hug. “Woah, where have you been? Have you been eating vegetables?” she asked, prodding his toned bicep. “I’ve made buns for you and Brady helped just a little.”

“I helped the most!” Braden interjected. The boy sat next to Peter and observed him, a sense of awe on his face as he did. “I’m glad you’re back now – there’s been too many girls around here. What was prison like?” he curiously asked.

Once they had placed the flowers and buns in the kitchen, Sinead and Savannah joined the others in the lounge. Sinead sat in the armchair opposite the sofa Peter was on and to give him some time with the children. Savannah stood in the middle and watched as her siblings excitedly greeted their dad. “Welcome home, Dad. I’ve missed you,” the quieter girl told him. Whether it was her insecurity about not being as important as her siblings or that she’d picked up on Sinead’s detachment, Savannah decided to wait until Emery and Braden had calmed down a little. For now, she squeezed in next to Sinead on the armchair and quietly waited for the others to settle. It wasn’t an easy task as she’d been desperate to see Peter for the last six months and she was glad he was finally home.

Bellz Bellz (Peter)

Saoirse Fitzgerald

1543709917695-png.509431
Saoirse noticed how her brother visibly tensed at mention of Dylan. She knew how much Griffin hated her ex and she knew it was for a good reason. As much as she would have liked to let her brother get his hands on the poor excuse for a human being, she didn't want him to get in trouble or do something that might weigh heavy on his conscience. In a way, she supposed she was a hypocrite now, as she wanted those responsible for killing Bridget to suffer, regardless of how bad a person it would make her become.

The woman scoffed when Griffin told her she was always right. "Of course I am," she said, grinning at him. "I don't know where I'd be without you, Griff. We look out for each other from now on. We're all the family we've got," she told him. Although their parents were still alive, in Saoirse's mind they were more dead than Bridget was. They had always been overbearing and abusive, as far as she was concerned. Nothing she or her siblings could ever do was good enough for them. She only started to feel comfortable in herself the day they moved out of their parents' home.

Any chance of Saoirse building up the courage to approach the Porters was killed off when she watched James get up from his table and eventually leave the restaurant. Soon enough, Mrs. Porter and the attractive man also got up, ready to leave. Saoirse's eyes fixed on Nathan for a while as she acknowledged how good looking he was. Her admiration was only strengthened as she observed him opening the door for Mrs. Porter - acting like a true gentleman. Before her mind could wander, she heard her brother question if she had a crush. Her head quickly snapped back to face Griffin and she once again scoffed at him. "Wow, you're so embarrassing!" she told him. She saw him with his arms folded and had to remind herself of who the man had been seated with. Perhaps he was dangerous, but it was hard to know these days who wasn't risky. Dylan had seemed safe, after all. "A crush? Ah come on, Griff. There's nothing wrong with me taking some time to admire a good looking guy," she remarked. Chances were she wouldn't see the man again, but it didn't mean she wouldn't remember his face now. "In fact, I think you need to open your eyes to the pretty ladies around here. I won't shut up about it until you do!" she teased him, hoping to take some of the attention from herself and allow the blushing to subside.

LateForDinner LateForDinner (Nathan) Bellz Bellz (Griffin)

Peter Callahan
Paul-Walker-paul-walker-1151702_1525_1920.jpg
Peter watched Sinead closely, noting when she didn't kiss him. He could initiate one at any time but he wanted to find comfort from knowing that she wanted him still, somehow the action of kissing him first would confirm that. He didn't have much time to think about it when Sinead then confirmed that dinner was under control, reassuring him that he could sit back and relax. Peter tried to smile like he normally would now, doing his best to show his wife that he was back to normal, that everything would be okay. Peter sat back against what seemed like millions of pillows on their bed and tried to get comfortable for a while. His hands stroked the sheets beneath him and noted the smooth silk like texture to them finding it unfamiliar and odd. He wasn't use to being back in his own bed...Eyes looked around the room, catching his wife getting dressed before she stepped in front of a mirror. His orbs traced every dip and curve of her body in the outfit she had chosen, making their way up to her beautiful red hair that she was styling with delicate hands. As Peter watched his wife clean up her smudged make up, he sighed softly and leaned his head back against the headboard, causing it to make a small thud. After that, he seemed to snap into action, swinging his legs over his side of the bed. Hopping up, he quickly got dressed, picking a plain black shirt and tan pants. It didn't take him long to get ready returning to sit on the bed as he ran his long fingers through his hair.

When Sinead announced that she was ready, the smile returned to Peter's face. "You look beautiful." He murmured to her, taking her hand as she lead him downstairs. In the lounge, him chose to sit in a big love seat, squeezing Sinead's hand before letting it go and taking a seat. He sat back and chuckled, deciding to take his wife's teasing words a bit seriously. He had thought about his children every single day in prison. Though he had the luxury of being able to see Sinead, he hadn't seen his babies in 6 months. That was a long time for a parent, they grew up so fast in that amount of time. The man leaned his head against the back of the chair, hands gripping both armrests as he tried to keep them from shaking. Closing his eyes, he tried to calm himself as he waited for Sinead to return with their children. ..

Loud footsteps could be heard and Peter's eyes snapped open and he rushed forward in his seat. Braden and Emery appeared and rushed towards him. Peter, despite his nervous behavior before, opened his arms wide and chuckled happily as Emery jumped into them. He squeezed her tightly as tears stung his eyes and his shoulders shook harshly. "Hmm?" He asked softly at her questioning, "I've been eating vegetables...and I'm not going anywhere else...that's all that matters." He released her slightly and kissing her forehead so that he could turn to Braden. Laughing at their argument about who helped make buns the most, he wrapped his arms around his son and pulled him in for a tight hug as well, kissing the top of his head. Of course, Peter had heard his son's question..but he had decided it was best to avoid talking about prison for the time being...after what he had done to Sinead earlier.

"Where is Savvy?" Peter asked the two younger children as a distant memory came to mind about his eldest daughter...

Peter could see that Sinead noticed how nervous he was, but as she handed him Savannah, he put on the bravest face he could. He didn't know what to expect when the little baby girl was nestled into his arms, perhaps she would scream and that would be the end of it. He looked down at the child's face quickly, praying with everything that he had that she wouldn't be upset in his arms. Luckily the child was as calm as could be, looking up at him with curiosity and contentment. Smiling slightly, he followed Sinead into the kitchen after she suggested they get the drinks. Sitting down at the kitchen table, the little angel in his arms gurgled happily, wide eyes staring at him. He cooed to her sweetly and gave a small laugh when she made an adorable face.

It wasn't as bad as he thought it would be. He thought he would somehow screw this up, but Sinead seemed happy, Savannah seemed happy...and to be honest, that was all it took to make him happy...

Savvy then appeared with Sinead, pulling him from the happy little memory. Peter watched her, expecting his eldest to come forward as he held his arms open slightly, ready to embrace her. She did not come forward, instead staying planted in the middle of the room for a moment. Peter's smile only faded slightly as the girl greeted him quietly. His shy little angel, never one for noise unlike the two devils who were continuing to bicker over who helped the most with the buns. As she decided to sit next to her mother, Peter was further disappointed and his arms fell to his side. Seeing that she was waiting for Emery and Braden to settle down, the man looked to his two youngest, "Alright you two. No matter who helped the most, I love that you all made me something to welcome me home.. I've missed you all so much." Moving to stand on his feet, he made his way over to Savvy and knelt down on his knees in front of her with a smile forming on his lips, "Where's my hug princess?"

with: Sinead + bunch Misty Gray Misty Gray

fbf1e03aae13999723847164a129d56f.jpg

Aliana Cartwright

There was the smallest twinge in that back of Ali's mind that told her she wasn't going out tonight. Yet, she was still optimistic that whatever the news Ken carried with him wasn't going to be that serious. How wrong the woman was going to find herself. She playfully rolled her eyes at Conor's accent, making a mental note to tell him to make more of them later. As Ken stepped inside, she closed the door behind him and leaned her back against it, watching him decide whether or not he was going to give the news with her around. It was quite entertaining, to be quite honest; just a little bit. As soon as he said "Jared and his family are dead", she knew her evening was ruining and the anticipation of going on a date was ruined. She threw her hands up and pushed herself from against the door. "Well, shit." There was of course disappointment in her voice as she set her clutch on the table and went for the kitchen; she needed the stiffest drink she had in her cupboard.

She listened to the rest of the conversation while pouring three small glasses of whiskey, have taken an earlier note about Kennedy's appearance. He looked like he needed a drink just as much as she did. While she didn't know much about the man, she did know that no one liked to be the bearer of bad news in any type of situation. After she kicked her heels off by the refrigerator, no need to tire out her poor feet if it wasn't necessary right, she walked up to the two men with the glasses in her hands and handed one to them. "So, it's back to the fort then?" She asked looking between the two of them, once the interrupting detective finished speaking. "Lovely," she mumbled to herself. How is it, she thought, that Jared had managed to ruin her day on three different occasions? Granted, they had nothing to do with Jared and while he wasn't directly responsible, the fact he couldn't muzzle the one who was made him just as accountable... But, maybe not this last time?

The thought of Conor needing to have an alibi was easy and she shrugged her shoulders. She momentarily pointed her index finger at Conor. "He's easy. We were at 'Sky Haven' with a ton of witnesses around, one of them is Leo." Ali moved to the coat closet and started looking around for her white overnight bag, knowing this news meant she was not staying at her apartment. Ken's comment caught her off guard as she turned around and looked at him with a slight smirk. "Of course I was. If you hadn't said your last name, I'd be staging a self-defense scene right now." With a wink she disappeared down the hall to Leo's room, grabbing his bag and changes of clothes as well. He was crazy if he thought he was going to stay there or on campus alone. If there was someone out there that would kill Jared, his wife, and daughter- she paused in her tracks, realizing she had missed an important factor; they killed his wife and daughter.

Ali abruptly dropped Leo's bag on the floor when she returned and looked between Ken and Conor, the look on disbelief, shock, and horror on her face. "Wait. He had a wife and kid, right? I don't know much about him but I do distinctly remember his family. What kind of person kills innocent people?"

Conor ( Misty Gray Misty Gray ) Ken ( mpower mpower )​

Conor Sullivan

1544118905307.pngConor folded his arms and stepped aside to allow Kennedy to enter the apartment. When the man informed him that Jared had was dead, Conor shrugged his shoulders aT the news. "Sounds like he got what he deserved, then," he seriously pointed out. "Shame he had to bring his family down with him, though. From what I've heard, his poor family weren't a part of this IWU bullshit." He couldn't help but scoff in disbelief when he was told he needed an alibi as his family was under suspicion. "You what, mate?" he asked. "The Gardai can shove the alibis up their arses." Remembering he was talking to his cousin and that he didn't want to makes Kennedy's life or job difficult, he let out a relenting sigh. "Are they expecting me to show up at the station?" he asked, not bothering to mask his irritation at having his date ruined. "I know this wasn't our family, so I expect Jared's own 'friends' turned on him," he thought aloud.

Conor accepted the drink from Aliana, quietly thanking her and softly rubbing the top of her arm for a brief moment. He took a drink and nodded his head as she asked if they were to stay at the Porters' place. "Afraid so, love. At least I'll be there to keep you company and Emmy will be there to provide you with intellectual conversations," he joked, hoping to lighten thing up a little for her.

Conor nodded along when Aliana confirmed he had been at the Sky Haven, though he was aware that he had only got there less than an hour ago. "Yeah, plenty of witnesses to confirm I was there for the last hour before coming here." He rolled his eyes as he tried to recall the rest of the day. "How much of the day do they need to know? Are they expecting a rundown of all the times I went for a piss too?" he remarked. "Seriously, though. I didn't get out of bed until ten and worked out in James' gym for an hour. Then I went straight to my pub to do the books over a pint, so I'm sure plenty of the old blokes can back me up on that one. Then I went to the casino to check the takings and stock there - gave Rob another earful about fucking the orders up again. Also, plenty of witnesses there. Then I checked in on old Cliff's butchers shop to help him arrange for one of his windows to be replaced after it was vandalised. Then, I went to the Sky Haven," he said, flashing Aliana a smile. He then looked Kennedy's in the eyes. "Do you think that will that be enough for the Gardai?" he queried.

Aliana went to get some things packed for herself and Leo but she soon came back out into the main living area, acknowledging that Jared had a wife and daughter. "Yeah. A son too," he sadly confirmed. Before Jared became an adversary of the Porters, Conor had been a returning customer at Faye's bakery. He remembered the woman as a sweet and pleasant lady. "I have no sympathy for Jared, but his family didn't deserve to go down with him," he sadly agreed. He fell silent for a moment and his face appeared grave as his mind was thrown back into his past. "Only a sick fuck would kill them," he answered Aliana, even if her question was rhetorical. "I knew a couple of psychopathic bastards for much of my life back in Chicago. Men who didn't care how many innocent people were killed, hurt or broken in their paths." He was, of course, referring to Vinnie Romano and his right-hand man, Angel. Regardless of the fact Michelle was Romano's granddaughter and Savannah was Angel's daughter, Conor liked to imagine both men were rotting in Hell.

Snapping out of his darker thoughts, Conor looked to Kennedy and smirked. "You blocked my car in, huh? You sure you're not just trying to get an excuse in for being shite at parking?" he teased his cousin.

mpower mpower (Kennedy) Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Aliana)

Lucy Porter
tumblr_pgp3qhid9a1u3ll1so1_540.png
Lucy waved her hand at Nathan, smiling at the man happily. "You will accept what I cook you and that's an order." She said, sounding dead serious for a moment as she pointed a finger at him. After a moment, she chuckled and waved her hand once again before making her way towards the door. The blonde would definitely be making food as soon as she was home, whether Nathan liked it or not, she was still hungry herself. Lucy didn't take another glance around the restaurant around her like Nathan had, finding the whole atmosphere too familiar, she knew she would be back again soon. Looking towards the man as he stepped in line with her, she nodded her head slowly as Nathan once again apologized for the interrupted evening, looking ahead as they walked. Nathan opened the door like a gentleman and it earned another wide smile from Lucy as she dipped her head graciously, "Why thank you!" She said as she placed a hand to her heart and stepped outside the door. She hadn't noticed the man hesitating as she stepped a few more feet out onto the side walk. Once they were both outside, Lucy went on to respond to what he had said before.

"Lucy." She said at first, glancing to the side briefly, meeting his eyes. "Mrs. Porter makes me sound like a little old woman I think...don't tell James though." She said, her nose crinkling as she laughed. "You don't have to be so formal with me, almost everyone just calls me Lucy." The blonde looked forwards again, "I'm always looking for a meal lately," She placed a hand to her stomach, "If you count all the snacking I do, this would have been my 5th meal today." She wasn't ashamed to admit it. With this pregnancy brought a freedom that she thought she didn't have before. Once the baby is born, she would have to go back to watching what she ate. This pressure wasn't put on by anyone in particular...but to keep up with appearances with the constant pictures that were taken of her and James, she had to watch her weight. Being with child gave her an excuse to eat a little more than she could before, and she was enjoying it.

***​
Porter's House
The ride home was familiar and short, with Lucy chatting up Nathan's ear if he was willing to listen, always enjoying the company of someone new. She filled them in on the rest of the family, reassuring him that she would help him get well acquainted and that he would fit in perfectly. The blonde approved of the man who was chosen to help protect herself and the family, already considering him family in her eyes. Passing through the gate and having a short chat with Brian, Nathan's car slowly rolled to a stop. Lucy looked to the man and smiled widely, "Here she is...in all her glory." She motioned proudly to her home. "The grounds are large, so if you get lost don't worry, one of the many dogs will eventually find you." The pregnant woman then opened her door quickly, saving Nathan from having to open it for her. She got out with a bit of a struggle, sighing as she stood up straight. Making her way towards the front door, she turned her head slightly to see if the bodyguard was following. Walking through the front door, she smiled at her entryway and as if on cue, the barking had begun. "You are about to be attacked by our oh so mighty guard dogs." She informed Nathan with a chuckle just as the pack showed up, greeting Lucy briefly before immediately making their way over to the newcomer.

Watching the dogs a moment, her stomach growled, informing her to eat. Placing a hand to her round stomach, she nodded her head towards the kitchen. "Let me make you something to eat." She said, her tone telling him that there would be no room to argue.

with: Nathan LateForDinner LateForDinner

Sinead Callahan

1543275554968-png.507669
Sinead had heard the things Braden and Emery were saying to Peter. Their enthusiasm to have their daddy back managed to fill her with warmth, knowing their children were free of walls or sugarcoating which mean their reaction was always most natural. Still, Braden's curiosity about the prison made Sinead feel slightly uncomfortable. She hoped Peter would be able to set their son straight, to talk him out of his aspiration to become a gangster. She'd been trying for the last six months, but Braden had always respected Peter's word more than her own and that hadn't changed.

When she had sat down and Savannah had joined her, Sinead felt her heart ache all round. She knew the introverted Savannah had learned over the years to step back until her siblings had got the attention they craved and to choose the right moment to seek out acknowledgement for herself, so there was nothing to read into her shyness. At the same time, she caught Peter's apparent disheartenment at their eldest child's distance and hoped he wasn't at all hurt by it. She looked down to Savannah and kissed the girl on the cheek. Before she could say anything, Peter made a move to stand up and step away from their youngest so he could greet Savannah.

Savannah had been very patient, watching the others interact and taking in the visible changes in her father's appearance. When Peter knelt down in front of her, she sent him a bashful smile which was soon accompanied by rosy red cheeks as she blushed at his request for a hug. She stood up from the sofa before leaning in to give Peter a tight hug. "I've really missed you, Dad," she told him, taking a deep breath. She showed no signs of rushing to end the hug as silent, happy tears rolled down her cheek. When their cuddle eventually did end, Savannah still stood close as she studied Peter's face. "We have so much to catch up on and Mum helped me put together a photo album while you've been gone. Maybe we can look through it together when you have time?" she softly asked. Though Peter hadn't been able to live the last six months with them, they had wanted to at least let him see the photographs.

Having taken notice of the time, Sinead got up from the chair and gently squeezed Peter's shoulder, sending him an encouraging smile. She headed to the back of the room and retrieved her handbag from on top of the fireplace. After rifling through it for a while, she eventually pulled out the plastic bottle containing her medication. She unscrewed the cap before retrieving one of the tablets from the container. She disappeared into the kitchen for a time so she could wash the pill down with a glass of water. She spent a further couple of minutes in the kitchen as she placed the pre-prepared stew into the oven so it would soon be ready for dinner.

"How are we all doing?" Sinead asked as she returned to the lounge. She maintained the smile on her face as she sat on one end of the love-seat. She picked Emery up to sit on her knee and asked Braden to shuffle up so Peter could join them if he wished to. She hoped seeing the children would help Peter feel a sense of normality again. She hoped it would remind him of how happy they were before...

Bellz Bellz (Peter)

Last edited:
Rudy Meyers
Rudy Meyers.jpgNo sooner had the contents of the cardboard box been spilled then a shit-eating grin grew across Rudolph's face. He looked at Ryan, then back to Larry and Vernon. "Well gentlemen, I bet you all feel pretty damn silly right about now," he said, drawing his revolver from his jacket and holding it still pointed at the ground. He glanced from the left to the right, then his fame became deadly serious. "Ryan, would be you be a real pal and ask Richard to come down at his earliest possible convenience. We've got some problems down here that need his attention."

He looked back to Larry and Vernon, "Now did you idiots really think this was going to slip by the Porters for long? You're not exactly the sharpest knives in the drawer."

Fletchawk Fletchawk Misty Gray Misty Gray

George Sanderson

1542306150746-png.504000
When Finn first apologised, George smiled and opened his arms out, making it clear there was nothing to apologise for. Still, he found the man's concern and consideration to be very endearing. Finn would be the death of him, he was sure of it, but he was willing to go along with the fun ride in the handsome man's presence until then. He'd never met a man quite like him. He was intelligent, funny, friendly and interesting. 'I can only dream', George thought to himself.

George nodded along as Finn explained he was going to take time to explore and be with his friends, as well as helping his family. "That sounds very reasonable and wise, mate," he assured him. "You should always take time out for yourself and be with those your care about. It might not seem like a plan, but you seem to have sussed out what you want to do in the meantime." He rubbed the back of his neck and awkwardly bit his lip for a time. "I'm not sure what my future holds or what I'm aspiring to yet. I had a dreadful job when I got out of jail... But I quit the place a few days ago and managed to sever ties with my parents for good. I live in a drab apartment and nobody will employ me to do more than wash dishes. So you make sure you do what makes you happy and stick with that medical career. You've got a lot going for you," he encouraged him.

The man chuckled when Finn enthusiastically brought their minds back to the tour. "The garden sounds like a wonderful idea," he agreed. "Wait... Should I be wearing hiking boots? Judging by the side of this house, I won't be surprised if the garden stretches on for miles," he joked.

Bellz Bellz (Finn)

Alexander Quinn Armstrong

Aftermath.jpg"Not a problem. What are friends for?" Quinn's smile became warm when Adam thanked him for his offer of assistance before following his friend into the house. His knowledge of tools and their uses was lacking due to his lifestyle, but he wasn't about to above learning something new, especially if meant helping out his few mates. The knocks on the door barely had resonated with him before flew open with a creaking smash, and subsequently catching him off guard.

It was very surreal for him that armed men had entered the house, "What?" He asked blankly, not quite understanding the what or why the men were there as they slipped a bag over his head. He'd been the target of bullying a few times when he was younger, had even gotten a bloody nose once, but next couple of minutes made those experiences pale in comparison as they could only be described as the most hellish moments that Quinn had ever experienced in his life.

Darkness not only blinded him from understanding what was happening, but also fogged his head as he clung to consciousness. He could barely comprehend anything beyond the fear that coursed through his very being. Quinn struggled to breathe as a wet, ragged grasps escaped his mouth in a desperate attempt to replace the air that had been stomped out of his body. This only brought forth more pain from his torso, but he couldn't stop himself from inflicting it again and again as he laid in a fetal position, his body instinctively trying to protect itself from any more onslaught.

"Why?" The single word that came out as guttural groan, was all his mind, beleaguered by pain and terror, could form against the dark, cruel universe that he'd just been borne into.

Enzyme Enzyme [Goon Squad] Pyroclast Pyroclast [Adam]

IWU Crew

Despite Adam's pleas and Quinn's manifest lack of combativeness, the goons refused to let up, beating into Quinn's stomach with their boots as if something was going to spill out. Their desired spot to target continually changed, moving from his stomach to both his head and his back, so that their relentless kicks would remain unblocked by the blinded lad.

The man holding Adam in place pulled the barrel of the handgun away from his neck and slammed its grip against Adam's back, simultaneously silencing him and forcing him to his knees. The man held the back of Adam's shirt collar above his head, keeping him from crumbling to the ground. "Shut the fuck up!" He used the gun as an extension of his hand once more as he uncomfortably shoved the barrel into Quinn's face, causing his cheek to wrap around the muzzle. "Don't you look away!" He spat at Quinn, using the weight of the barrel to force his head up.

Two of the goons backed off while the other continued to beat the helpless boy senseless. He used the corner of his boot to stomp against Quinn's bagged head a few times, the force of the hits causing his foot to bounce off of Quinns head like he'd hit a basketball. Once the last had backed away, they allowed Quinn to squirm on the floor, unsure if he was still conscious and trying to escape or if his nerves were causing him to spasm.

They simultaneously raised their handguns to Quinn, plugging his head and torso full of lead. The erratic bursts illuminated the darkest corners of the room, as deafening pops echoed down the halls. Once the gunfire ceased, so did Quinn's sporadic twitches. The collective smoke from the barrels hit the fire alarm, causing the sprinklers to unleash a downpour.

The fire at the Armstrongs had bought them time, but the sounds of gunfire wouldn't go unnoticed in the neighborhood. "Grab 'em," one of the goons ordered. Two of the goons pulled Adam out through the open door no matter his defiance, leaving Quinns mangled corpse to soak in the house.

Gideon and the others watched as the men pulled Adam closer to the Sedan. "Your father would be very disappointed in you," Gideon spoke passively, staring into Adam's sagging eyes. "Put him in the back," Gideon calmly ordered, getting into the car himself. The goons dragged Adam to the boot of the car, slamming his head against the trunk to put him out. They then threw him inside, slamming the door shut.

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Adam) Fletchawk Fletchawk (Quinn)

Ryan Donahue

Handgun.gifRyan was a little disappointed that Johaan didn't take the bait and shake his hand. He was hoping to pin the man's hand to the table with his knife. The plan being to knock the man down few pegs and remind everyone there just where they stood in the Dublin underworld.

The sound of the boxes hitting the ground caused Ryan to reactively reach for his handgun under his coat even before he confirmed it's contents. Upon seeing what what mixed in with the bags of snacks, the sound of the holster's button popping open quickly followed and Johaan would find Ryan pointing a M1911 at his head with a stern look on his face. "Hands on the table," Ryan's friendly warmth was gone and was replaced with a mechanical monotone. "And I mean everybody," he finished as he took a few steps away from the table.

Dean Winchester small smile.jpgWhen Rudy addressed him and asked him to go get the barman, Ryan didn't answer immediately as he didn't want to leave Rudy alone with seven people. Not that he thought the man couldn't handle himself, but it wasn't great odds if they tried something. "Yeah, not a problem. But some of these chaps are coming with. After all, I'll need help bringing back the drinks," he said, flashing a quick grin at Rudy.

Stepping forward, Ryan tapped the shoulders of the goons sitting at the table with his handgun. "You, you, you, and Larry was it?" he said as he gestured to the young man that had he followed. "Let's go upstairs and let the boys talk it out, and don't worry, I don't bite. Well, as you don't try to bite me first," Ryan gestured for them to go ahead of them as he followed them upstairs.

When first man went through the door to the pub area, Ryan holstered his sidearm but didn't secure it. "Alright, I suggest you lot toodle off for a bit, and if goes well you'll have a round or two waiting for you when you return," Ryan said cracking the same friendly smile that he was wearing earlier. "Except you, Larry boy. I wasn't lying about needing someone to help carrying drinks," he said, put his hand on the young man's shoulder firmly.

Once Ryan saw that the three men were making their way to the door, he turned his attention to the barkeep that was eyeing. "Richard, yes? Name's Donahue," Introducing himself quickly, before continuing, "Now, my partner and I have a proposition for this establishment," He said as he leaned against the bar. "Thought it would be best if you took part in the discussion, and Johaan wanted a couple bottles of whiskey. Can't talk business with a dry mouth after all,".

Shireling Shireling [Rudy] Misty Gray Misty Gray [Dumcan Boys]

Last edited:
The Archers Pub
The Duncan Gang: Johaan and Richard Duncan (brothers); Patrick (cousin); Vernon (cousin); Larry (glass collector). +3 NPCs

"Jesus Christ! I told Rich not to employ that baby-faced moron," Vernon muttered under his breath. He then looked to Rudolph as the man made his comment about feeling silly. "Not at all. Our safe is at the shop being repaired. The box you see there is our temporary hiding place for the takings from the bar upstairs," he remarked. Despite his comment, the man's eyes were on the revolver, watching closely in case the man decided to take aim. When asked if they thought their gambling would remain hidden from the Porters, the man shrugged his shoulders. "You've got this all wrong, I'm afraid. Perhaps you and your friend need to go get Mr Porter himself. I'll be happy to explain to him."

Meanwhile, Larry remained standing awkwardly by the pile of boxes. His arms were folded tightly around his chest as he stood wide-eyed, shocked at the situation. The teenager had taken a job to collect glasses and keep the place clean. He hadn't expected or signed up for what was now going on around him. When Ryan ordered them to put their hands on the table, Larry rushed to do as commanded, not wanting to get dragged into the situation but also not wanting to get shot. The three guests of the Duncans followed suit, also appearing more detached from the whole thing than their hosts. Johaan did as requested, leaving Vernon to mull it over before eventually doing as asked, placing his hands down on the table. "Fucking jumped up wankers..." he bitterly thought to himself.

Ryan soon told the three customers and Larry to go upstairs with him, leaving Patrick, Vernon and Johaan in the basement with Rudolph. Once upstairs, the three Duncan allies did as they were told and toddled off for a bit. When Ryan told Larry he had to stay with him and help carry the drinks, the lad quickly nodded his head. "I just work here, y'know," he weakly assured him, glancing to the shoulder Ryan's hand was resting on. "I'm just doing what I'm told to do," he added.

Richard was standing at the cash register, his own revolver visible in the holster to his side. He'd heard the others ascending the stairs from the basement, so was already looking in Ryan's direction when the man came into view. He nodded to the three customers before fixing back towards Ryan and Larry. "Proposition, you say?" he curiously asked. By now, judging by Larry's pale white face, it was clear the men had discovered the gambling going on downstairs. As such, he didn't trust a word Porters men were saying or going to say. "The thing is, I do my business up here and I'm not open to any propositions where my business is concerned. I've given Porter enough already." He slowly turned to reach for the bottles of whiskey, not wanting to startle Ryan into hasty actions. He then placed the whiskey bottles down on the bar. "We have drinks and empty tables up here," he firmly told him. The last thing he was going to do was walk blindly into the basement where there was likely no escape and no witnesses.

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Syd) Shireling Shireling (Rudolph) Fletchawk Fletchawk (Ryan)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back