• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A Family Affair: The Irish Mob - IC (Ended)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
1543169494918.png Syd Porter

As enthusiastic as he had been to learn from Jackson, Syd couldn't shake the thought of getting to spend time with Skye when he was done. With her on his mind, his punches could be nothing more than soft, light throws of the fist. Aggression was the last thing she inspired in him, unless she was inadvertently attracting the attention of other men. But she was simply standing, just beyond the reach of the shadows, the lustre of her deep brown hair perfectly catching the afternoon sun...

Before he knew what had hit him, Syd was on the ground - his daydreaming had made him light as a feather, susceptible to the slightest of shoves. A little dazed, he looked up to Jackson and allowed him to lift him to his feet. "I know," he sighed, blushing slightly as Jackson dusted him off - he hadn't expected to be read so easily. He looked over to Skye once more as Jackson warned him of the trouble the two of them might encounter. "I've seen the way people look at her sometimes, but I've never had to do anything about it. I just want to be able to protect us both." He knocked his gloved fists against his head lightly in an attempt to bring his attention back to where he knew it should be.

Now, he listened carefully to Jackson's instructions, copying him as closely as he could. Once he thought he had the stance right, he looked ahead - this time, facing away from Skye - and tried to get used to the position: where his centre of balance was, how far apart his feet were, how he had distributed his weight. When Jackson demonstrated a short sequence of punches, Syd watched him with determination and couldn't help but grin at his words of wisdom. He wondered if the man spoke from experience. "Protect the teeth. Got it."

Jackson then went on to teach him a series of moves, which Syd tried his best to replicate. "I know my fists are meant to be up here," he said, bringing them back in front of his face. "But what if they go for somewhere else? The guys I've fought with before, we used to attack each other anywhere we could and the best way I knew to defend myself was to just...be faster than them. Stay ahead of them. And that didn't always work." He went over the moves a few more times, before adding, "Also, just so I know...are you teaching me to fight fair, or not? I mean, there are no rules in a real fight, right? Just win, no matter what it takes?"

Interactions
Enzyme Enzyme Jackson

Finn Sullivan
Porter's House
Liam-Hemsworth-The-LANE-Man-2-2.jpg
Finn chuckled as George compared the Porter's house to a palace, he himself thought of it that way too. "Isn't it a beaut?" He asked before nodding his head to George's acceptance of a tour. "I don't mind at all! Come on then, first let me start off by saying that this home has more rooms than you could ever imagine, I swear its as if it gets bigger and bigger to accommodate to the huge family we have. Everyone stays here at some point." Finn said with a smile pointing at George, "I'm sure you will be staying here sometime in the near future. Though his tone was teasing, Finn couldn't shake the feeling that George would become part of the large family he loved so much seeing as how he had helped Peter so much during his time in prison. The pitter patter of paws against the tile followed the two men as the dogs excitedly joined in on the tour, running ahead of the men to check out the rooms, running after each other as Finn stopped in the main lounge, which was normally filled with people.

"This is normally where a bunch of people like to come and spend time with each other, but today is a rather busy day for everyone, so its empty." Finn gestured for George to follow him, heading towards the kitchen. Hearing the sound of children, Finn smiled widely. "Pete's kids are here." He clarified for the man before stepping into the kitchen and holding his arms out wide. "Emmy, Brady! Aunty Shan! What are we all doing in the kitchen? It smells pretty good in here." He announced before turning to George, "This is George, or Georgie as I like to call him, he's a friend of your daddy's as well as a friend of mine." He was proud to announce this, standing tall as he made eye contact with George.

"Since these little kiddies probably won't offer you anything, I should do so, anything to eat or drink? The tour might be a little longer than you are expecting. I like to be thorough!" He chuckled as he walked towards the cabinets to grab a few glasses.

with: George Misty Gray Misty Gray

Conor Sullivan

1542550997894-png.504946
Conor noticed Aliana initially hesitate when he reached out to touch her cheek. He was a naturally tactile person but he had to remind himself not everyone was the same and that Aliana wasn't quite as open with her feelings as he was with his own. Any awkwardness was cut short when she spoke up before placing her hand on his chest to lean in to their kiss. He playfully chuckled as she fiddled around with his jacket. "Then we're in agreement, love. We'll still do all of that and I'll not rush out of bed afterwards," he assured her. "I'm messy, though. You'll be throwing me out of the house when you realise," he joked. Although, if she were to ask Sinead for confirmation, the redhead would confirm Conor really wasn't the tidiest of people.

Once Aliana had accepted his offer of a date and told the waitress she was leaving, Conor placing his hand on her lower back and walked out of the restaurant with her. His car was parked a little down the street. "How about a drive to the coast? We could take a walk along the waterfront and get dinner at that fancy restaurant over there. Orrrr, we could grab dinner somewhere first and then head to a club? Depends on if you want some peace or some excitement for our date?" he offered. "If you need to get changed or grab some things from your place, we can swing by there first."

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Aliana)

George Sanderson

1542306150746-png.504000
George listened as Finn explained the size of the house and that people were always staying over at the place. He was caught slightly off-guard when Finn threw in a comment that he too may end up staying there in the future. George had to keep reminding himself not to take Finn's comments the wrong way, although, the more he saw of the handsome man, the more he did have to wonder if his affection for the doctor was as misplaced as he initially thought. He didn't want to read too much into it, but he still felt like he had some kind of chance with Finn. For now, he would keep it to the back of his mind as he valued their friendship too much to jeopardise it. "A beautiful place like this would be wasted on me," he remarked, flashing a smile. "Seriously, though. It feels so... warm? I've felt more comfortable in this place than anywhere else I've been since getting out of jail. If I'm being completely honest, I preferred my prison cell to spending a day at my mum and dad's place," he admitted.

The man was amused as the dogs accompanied them on their tour, loving the normality of the place and how it seemed to erase most of what he'd heard about the Porters during his time in prison. Soon enough, they approached the kitchen and he was told Peter's children were in the room they were about to enter. He had an idea Peter was due to be released sometime in May, but he wasn't sure if that day was due. It felt a little strange to think he could be seeing them if Peter was still in prison and separated from them. He was about to ask about Peter but the door had been opened and Finn was enthusiastically addressing his relatives. A bright smile grew on George's face, finding Finn's interaction with the family highly endearing. It felt good to be acknowledged as a friend of both Peter's and Finn's, as he considered both men with the same respect. He met Finn's eye-contact and sent the man a small nod. He snapped out of his brief daydream when offered something to eat or drink. "Ah, you're too kind, Finn. Could I just get a coffee, please?" he asked.

Shannon remained seated at the table, having spent the afternoon helping the children with the baking and only now taking a breather from Emery's constant questions. Hearing George's name and the fact he was friends with Peter soon enough rang familiar in her mind. "Ah, Jailbird George," she remarked, sitting up straight. "Sinead's told me about you..." the woman began, intentionally keeping her tone cold just so she could watch the newcomer as he tried to figure out how to respond to her blunt tone. Given that she'd only heard positive things, she decided to put him out of his misery pretty early on. "A friend of Peter's is a friend of ours... Finnian, dear. Get George more than a bloody coffee, will you? All that time in the slammer, he should be having a proper drink. Get a bottle out of James' cabinet or something," she ordered him. George simply nodded his head, not about to defy the lady.

"My Dad's coming home today," Braden informed George, standing tall as he looked up to the man. He didn't have a clue why George had been in prison, but he figured the man must be pretty cool. Despite anything Sinead had told the boy about prison, he was still under the impression getting locked up was something to aspire to, especially given that he wanted to follow in Peter's footsteps when he was old enough.

"He is?" George replied, a genuine smile taking over his face. He was beyond pleased to learn Peter was getting released, having known first hand how much of a hard time his cellmate had during his sentence. "That's great news. Your old man's going to be made up when he sees you all again. I know for sure he's missed you."

Emery, meanwhile, had sent George a shy smile before gravitating to Finn. She was always quiet around unfamiliar men, for perhaps the first ten minutes, before eventually feeling comfortable and then chewing their ear off. The child followed Finn as he went to get the drinks. "Finn, we've been baking a cake and buns, but you can't have any yet because my daddy is getting the first piece, okay?" the child bossily informed him. "Your friend can have... um..." she paused as she thought of who else needed cake. "I think he can have some once Daddy and me have got our pieces." She folded her arms and let out a deep breath. "I bet Daddy's looking forward to coming home because then he can finally meet Ozzy... Yes, today is the best day!" she excitedly concluded.

Once the introductions were over and the drinks given, Shannon looked back to Finn and sent him a smile before glancing to the newcomer. "George, make sure you get Finnian to take you out for some drinks, will you? My darling nephew is spending too much time at work lately and not enough time having fun... If I could get my hands on that little bitch..." she trailed off, clearly referring to Eleanor.

Bellz Bellz (Finn)

Last edited:

th

Aliana Cartwright

"A drive to the coast sounds nice. I think we should enjoy the peace while we still can; you know how rare that is around here." There was a laugh added to the end of that sentence, though it was a very serious statement. When he offered to swing by her place, she nodded her head. "Yes, I think changing is a great idea. Businessware on a date is not at all sexy." She gave him a wink. In reality, she could've stayed in the dress she was in but Ali was weird. She never liked to wear the same thing for too long, especially if she were going out on a date. That and if they were going to the waterfront, she wanted her dress to be flowy to keep up the aesthetic; not fitted. Well, to be honest, the dress she had in mind was still sort of fitted... Whatever, she still wanted to change.

It didn't take them long to arrive at her apartment, probably a five to 10 minute drive. Her apartment was on the 7th floor, meaning they were definitely taking the elevator. The door to her place was four doors down from the elevator, far away enough to not hear drunken people stumble home. When she went inside, she turned on the light and threw her keys on the near-by table. "Okay, it won't take me long to change." She started down the hall to her room before she paused and turned around. "I was going to start pointing stuff out and saying stuff like 'make yourself at home'. But, I'm sure you know your way around and already feel comfortable?" She gave him a wink before entering her room and going straight for her closet. "Did you need to stop home first as well?" She shouted from her room, having left the door open to hear his response.

Conor( Misty Gray Misty Gray )

Evan Shaw

1542837590343-png.505998
Evan took a step closer to the what became the central focus of the room, where Gideon set his sights on Jared. He clasped his hands together behind his back as he watched the scene unfold, his eyes constantly fixed on Jared throughout Gideon's speech. Evan's face remained serious and free of any kind of emotion as Armstrong remained kneeling and putting up no fight against what was happening. The man was clearly defeated, the energy having seemingly left him as he'd watch his wife and daughter killed before his eyes. Following his final words to Jared, Gideon proceeded to kill the man by breaking his neck. Evan didn't flinch and his eyes remained fixed on his former boss until the lifeless man fell to the floor with a thud.

Evan's focus shifted to Gideon as the man announced the IWU had regained their voice and he sent the man an affirmative nod, his own face also remaining serious. As the order was given for the Armstrongs' guards to be executed, Evan made sure to fix his vision on the scene and watch the rest of Jared's loyal employees be killed. He didn't believe in turning away to shield himself from watching his rivals be slaughtered. Even if he wasn't killing them, he believed it was only right to watch what he was still playing a part in, rather than act with ignorance.

Once the shots had been fired, Evan turned to Jack and briefly patted the man's arm. "Welcome to the real IWU," he earnestly told him.

Enzyme Enzyme Bellz Bellz Shireling Shireling

Last edited:
Aidan Flannagan
Aidan chuckled, saying, "What? It's true! The man's gonna drink and whore his way to an early grave soon enough." He blushed at the compliment, stuttering, "T-thank you, Gwen. That's uh...very nice. Thank you." He sipped his water slowly, sighing before he nearly had a panic attack over her question. He was a hitman, through and through. No dancing around that. He killed people for money. Not for ideals or for his country. Because he was paid to do so. He swallowed, saying, "I uh...work for Mr. Porter. You know him, right? He gave me a job when I first moved here, and I've worked for 'im ever since. It's good work. Honest. Not to mention that he's been like a father to me. He's a good man, from what I know, anyway." He smiled at Gwen, confident in his bluff. Well, as confident as the shy man could be.
Bellz Bellz
(I'm very, very sorry for the delay! I didn't get an alert for your reply!)

1543265628172.png Evelyn McKenna

Evelyn's attention was divided; she tried to continue with the paperwork but really she was waiting for Kennedy to answer her. The sensation that came from being watched grew more intense as he moved closer to her, reaching a hand around the back of her chair and peering over her shoulder at the document. She didn't look up at him; instead, she brought her hand across the page to cover it, as a subtle hint that he should mind his own business. Until she knew what his business was exactly, she didn't want to disclose any further information to him besides what she had already said. Background information on any of her employees must be treated as confidential, especially ones employed through James.

With Kennedy standing so close to her, Evelyn could hardly concentrate on her work, yet she couldn't look at him either. She felt the heat radiating from his body, felt the back of his hand lightly brush against the seam of her dress. It made the hairs on her neck stand up. He spoke again, asking her a question about Brian, and once again she felt him gazing down at her. "The guard?" she responded, her words coming out quieter than she expected. "Oh, he's not that bad, really. It's not like I'm not used to men with no manners."

When Kennedy finally told her of his role in the business, Evelyn realised that she had forgotten she had even asked him a question. She pushed her chair back and swivelled it to face him so that his hand would come away from her chair. "You'll find I am often right, Mr. Sullivan," she smiled up at him. "An advisor, then? Well, the more brains we have in this operation, the better...Can't afford to make a mistake, can we?" The recently lost members of the mob briefly passed through her mind and she wondered if Kennedy was thinking the same thing. After a second or two, Evelyn turned her chair back towards the desk and picked up her pen. "Tell me, Mr. Advisor, do you take advice as well as you give it?" She looked to him again, now having regained her composure after creating a bit more distance between them. "Because I would really appreciate it if you would give me some space. Like I said, I'm here to do work."

Interactions
mpower mpower Kennedy

Peter Callahan
horror-hunks-paul-walker-edited-1476904638.png
It was...odd, for Peter to be back in their bedroom. It was all so familiar to him and yet something was different. Lifting a picture of himself and Sinead up, his reflection briefly stared back at him. The man that looked at him in the photo was different, carrying a lighter air about him compared to the troubled man he was now. His head snapped up as his wife shouted for him and he quickly placed the picture on the dresser before turning towards the bathroom. Once inside, he found Sinead was already in the full bath, which was overflowing with bubbles. The blonde smiled gently and took a moment to get undressed, not thinking of what was beneath his clothing, the scars that would reveal more than he was telling to his wife. The man blushed as Sinead watched him closely, taking him in as his clothing fell to the floor before being pushed aside by his left foot. Sinead then playfully ordered for him to get into the bath and he quickly complied and slowly got inside of it, being careful to not spill water over the side.

Spending time with his wife in the bath was exactly what he needed, but like all good things, it all came to an end and they both got out of the tub. Peter allowed Sinead to get out and wrap herself in a towel before he stepped out and did the same. Not a second later, Sinead placed her hands on his shoulders and pulled him in for a kiss so passionate that it made his head spin. Once she stepped away, Peter struggled to catch his breath, holding his wife close before she took a step back, her hand reaching out to touch his torso. Peter immediately stiffened, his jaw clenching, knowing exactly what Sinead was looking at. Peter looked past Sinead, unable to really meet her eyes as she looked into his. His hands slowly ran up her curves until they hovered above her shoulders, trembling lightly as he spoke, "You don't want to know." He whispered hoarsely. He then rested his hands on her shoulders so roughly that it caused her to sway slightly. Peter squeezed his eyes shut, "What they did to me...only made me stronger...for you." His breathing was labored as he continued to squeeze his eyes shut.

After a few moments of that behavior, it had stopped and Peter quickly took a step away from Sinead. "I'm alright love...I promise."
with: Sinead Misty Gray Misty Gray

Minnie Abernathy
hailee-steinfeld-marie-claire-2018-monochrome-4k-1024x749.jpg
Watching Jared's death caused a loud giggle to escape from Minnie's lips, causing the woman to reach a hand up and cover them quickly. The snap of his neck was so satisfying that it caused the woman's legs to shake, making her reach for the wall behind her for balance. Gideon gave the command to the others and the sound of screams and gunfire was like music to Minnie's ears, but as it all began to die down, something else caught her attention. The distant barking could be heard from a different room and Minnie fixated on it once the distraction the execution gave was no more. Looking to Evan and Jack, she bit her lip, "Where did you put the pup?" She asked Evan lightly.

The brunette didn't wait around long enough to get an answer before setting off to find the dog who happened to be in the dining room. The Black lab whimpered and howled for someone to let him out, scratching against the door until Minnie finally opened it, causing the pup to fall forward towards the woman, into her arms as she crouched down. "Awww!" Minnie cried out as she let the dog knock her over onto the ground. Before he could get to far, she grabbed onto the dog's collar as he wanted to race forward, no doubt smelling the scent of his dead owners. The house was silent now except for the sound of Minnie's heels and her giggles as she walked Andy back towards the others.
f50a00ab-6e95-4327-b593-0554d0b3eca7.jpg
with: Evan Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Gideon Enzyme Enzyme ; Jack Shireling Shireling

Sinead Callahan

1543275554968.pngSinead was a naturally inquisitive, concerned and some might say nosy person. If she wanted to know something, her instinct was to ask outright rather than keep her curiosity to herself. When Peter told her she didn't want to know what had happened to him, her automatic response was to correct him, but she knew better than to do so. She was more than aware he'd had a tough time over the last six months and she knew her husband needed time. She hoped he would one day feel able to open up to her about what had happened to him but she didn't want to pressurise him when he'd only just come home. His hands on her shoulders weighed her down somewhat, taking her a little by surprise. She awkwardly bit her bottom lip and regained her composure. When he assured her he'd grown stronger for her, she quickly nodded her head, still studying his face even when his eyes were tightly closed. When he took a step back, assuring her he was okay, she tightly gripped the top of the towel that was wrapped around her body. "As long as you're okay, Petey," she gave in. "You know you can always talk to me if you need someone to listen. We've been through so much in our lives and I'm sure I can handle hearing the truth about what happened," she promised him.

The redhead made her way back to the bedroom, expecting Peter would follow her in his own time. She finished drying off before dropping the towel on the floor and getting dressed again, opting for a little pink dress and a light cardigan. Once Peter was in the same room, she looked to him and brightly smiled. "You're home now and that's the main thing," she tried to reassure both of them. "We've got this beautiful house with the rest of the family just across the garden for whenever we need them. Everyone's here for you now," she said, softly smiling. She sat on the end of their bed as she watched Peter, waiting to see what he wished to do next. Keeping up with the promise she'd made to herself, she was going to let Peter direct their day. In all honestly, she was purely happy just to have him back home, so whatever they did together was surely a bonus.

Bellz Bellz (Peter)

Gideon Burnell

5b777c60-dcfe-11e6-806d-a7422c46f328_jm.gif
The bright flashes of gunfire illuminated the darkness shrouding Gideon's facial features. The sounds of bodies dropping like sand bags seemed to go on indefinitely. Once the crumbling noise of corpses ceased, the gunfire continued, tearing into the backs of those who had been executed, making sure there was no fight left in them to stand. Minnie's sadistic giggle was the only noise uttered. While she enjoyed the executions, the others in the room showed no emotion. Killing machines, they hadn't cracked a smile when ordered to murder. They didn't show any emotion whatsoever, yet there was no hesitation. There was a mutual understanding in the room that what had been done was what had needed to be. "Now," Gideon's passive eyes trailed the room, his vision turning to the tall, beautiful ceiling. Resting his hands on shirt collar, he slowly stepped into the center of the skylight. The tunnel of light from the narrow circle shinned down upon Gideon like a heavenly beam. "Burn it to the ground."

The sounds of gasoline canisters clinking together echoed throughout the house. The bleak liquid was dumped on the floor indiscriminately, covering every piece of furniture, wood plank, and carpet. The men had even drenched the corpses - the gasoline mixing into their matted, sweaty hair. After the canisters were empty, they were discarded on the destroyed floor.

Gideon and the two others had been standing in the doorway when Minnie entered with the dog. Gideon looked the animal over, his curious eyes looking back up to Minnie. "Good, bring the animal." His head then turned to the men around the mansion. "It's time."

As the group left through the double doors, they were joined by the men outside, who had been dumping gasoline in the lavish gardens. They left behind a trail of fire, igniting the liquids as they walked. Soon enough, the whole estate was set a balze. The group entered the line of cars parked on the side street, two men fitting the dog into the back of the Sedan. As the cars peeled off the property, they left behind a wildfire, which quickly consumed the entire property; propelling a dark, ominous cloud into Dublin's clear skyline.

Misty Gray Misty Gray Shireling Shireling Bellz Bellz

Nathan Bennett
original.pngNathan kept his attention to James as he spoke before his expression broke out into a small chuckle. He admired the humour, noticing the irony in his own question. James was right, he started as soon as he entered the city. Nathan knew how much this war has spread between the Porters and the IWU. The marksman keenly nodded at his formal starting date, as he didn't want to linger around in this city too much without a job. Especially when the IWU could be aware of his arrival. His laughter faded as he leaned forward to respond. "Tomorrow sounds great. I hope I'm on the payroll for this meeting though." He joked, hoping there was some truth to it, although it didn't bother Nathan too much. He knew the real work started tomorrow.

Nathan listened closely to the plan James had set for the next day, nodding his head along. It reassured him to know that he was getting to know the full extent of the Porter business. Nathan always worked better when he understood the whole picture. "Sounds good to me, boss. Where and when do you want me tomorrow morning?" The bodyguard then paused for a moment as he watched James and Lucy, smiling before averting his eyes away. As amusing as it was to see James cherish his wife, he didn't feel right simply staring. He took a moment to take in the bar again, glancing across the various faces and features. The patrons of the club were certainly varied, he thought to himself. After observing his surroundings, his head turned back to the couple. Nathan's eyes briefly squinted in the club lighting, causing him to lean forward once again.

As much as he loved talking about business and formalities, especially to get them out of the way, he almost got out of his seat at the mention of food. Nathan hadn't ate properly since leaving for Dublin, the journey would've upset his stomach. Now that he's arrived and almost settled, the idea of a cooked meal warmed his chest. He nodded his head eagerly, smiling to the couple before sliding his chair back. "That's the best damn idea I've heard all day, James. I'm starving." A small fit of laughter erupted around the table, quickly clearing as Nathan cleared his throat and stood up. He could finally enjoy the rest of his evening without business being too involved.

Interactions:
James Porter; Misty Gray Misty Gray Lucy Porter; Bellz Bellz

Jackson McCarthy

Jackson kept his arms crossed as Syd went over the moves. Syd seemed eager to know all there was, attempting to forgo the basics and get into more complicated styles. "That just comes with experience, lad." Jackson stepped closer, looking at Syd's punches from the kids point of view. "Ol' fisticuffs doesn't follow any sort of rhythm. The only one who knows what your opponent's gonna throw at you is your opponent himself." Jackson rested his hands behind his back and turned to face Syd. "The best you can possibly do is learn step by step."

Jackson allowed Syd to stop throwing punches, in order to make his point clear "Learning to fight is like building a house. You can spend years doin' it, put in countless hours of work, but without a solid foundation, it'll all come bloody crashin' down." Jackson stepped back, reassuming his position. "Now, keep goin'." Syd still had a few questions, asking them as he continued to throw his punches. Jackson smiled slightly, crossing his arms in front of his chest. "The only time your fightin' fair is when you're in a ring. I'm just teachin' you how to survive."

Jackson's eyes wandered to where Skye had been standing in the windowsill. "Y'know, I taught her a thing or two awhile back." Jackson nodded slightly, before looking back to Syd. "She loved it; she was a natural." Jackson smiled, thinking back to their training days. "Skye wanted to keep it going every week, but I didn't have the time." His eyes then shifted to Syd's punches, his facial expressions hinting that he was pleased with the kid's form. "Maybe if we keep this up, you can pickup where I left off with her." He then shrugged, resting his hands on his hips. "But as of right now, she'd kick your ass," he said, chuckling warmly.

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Syd)

Last edited:
Conor Sullivan

tumblr_p1gmt5rqEZ1vf44fuo2_400.gif"Bloody 'ell. Look at us two! A romantic drive to the coast? We're getting old," Conor playfully told Aliana when she opted for the peaceful choice. "Though you're probably right, there isn't much peace around here, but the coast should be a breath of fresh air. Those IWU wankers probably stay far away from the water in case they accidentally fall in and are forced to have a wash," he remarked. When she mentioned business-wear wasn't sexy, he raised a sceptical eyebrow. "Speaking of water. Are you fishing for compliments or what? I'll willingly take the bait and point out that you look pretty smokin' in your work clothes, from where I'm looking."

Once they they got to Aliana's apartment, Conor took the elevator with her, already knowing his way to her place like the back of his hand. Whether sober or stinking drunk, he knew exactly how to get to her apartment. They entered her home and Conor grinned when she pointed out there was no need to give him a tour of the place or tell him to get comfortable. "No need to show me around," he cheerfully agreed. He didn't immediately sit down when she left him to go get changed in her room. Instead, he stood in front of the mirror that was hanging on the wall and began tidying up any hairs that were out of place. He heard her ask if he needed to get changed and he shook his head, as if she could even see him doing so. He didn't have any clean clothes at his own apartment and he knew if he went to his other home, at the Porters' place, they'd struggle to get back out of the door with his family around. "Nah, I'm good. I happen to rock the business look!" he called back to her. Still, he removed his tie and unfastened the top few buttons of his shirt, deciding the smart-casual look would be enough.

Conor then fell back onto the sofa and relaxed as he waited for Aliana to finish getting changed. He had to admit, he was feeling a little nervous about going out on 'proper date' and with a woman he actually cared for. It felt like there was much more at stake spending the evening with someone he cared about. He found it easier to talk someone into his bed for a night than he did to talk himself into their life. Not only did he now want to be a stable figure in his family's lives, but he wanted to be an important part of Aliana's too.

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Aliana)

1543376360946.png Syd Porter

With Jackson there watching him, Syd was ever more determined to do well in the exercise. As such a close friend and associate of the family, Jackson often seemed like something of an uncle to Syd, having watched him grow up over the years. Yet, despite being so familiar with the man, he still felt a pressure to prove himself under his watchful eye. While Jackson moved around him, passing on his advice, Syd continued with the drill, allowing the sequence to settle into his muscle memory. "Then I will, as long as you're willing to teach me," he nodded.

His eagerness to perfect the technique had masked the oncoming ache in his arms, and after a while he had to stop and roll his shoulders back a few times to ease the tension. He smiled at Jackson's analogy, glad that he seemed to really care. None of his teachers at school had ever encouraged or motivated him to this extent. The man's credibility increased with every piece of wisdom he shared. When instructed to carry on, Syd returned to the routine exercising even more effort than before.

"Fuck off, would she shite!" he scoffed, though the grin on his face made it clear he was playing. "We tried sparring once - she couldn't bring herself to hit me even when I pressed her. Though, I guess I wouldn't wanna punch her either..." Finally, he straightened up to take a quick break, resting his hands on his hips in a way that subconsciously mirrored Jackson. "Why can't you train us both at once, then?" he suggested. "If you're finding time for me, she might as well be here, too. I'm sure she'd be keen." Although she didn't talk about it too often - perhaps out of modesty - Syd understood how much Skye loved boxing. To hear Jackson speak so admiringly of her enthusiasm and talent drew a smile from him, and his eyes searched for her once more.

Interactions
Enzyme Enzyme Jackson

Peter Callahan
7a695537194297ef22f9e07404427ac9.jpg
He was relieved when Sinead didn't press the matter of what happened to him any further, he wasn't sure how much he could speak about it without blowing up in her face again. Peter was well aware of what was wrong with him, knowing he needed to get a handle on it before it got worse. The frustrating part about it was that he couldn't control himself any longer. His eyes had glossed over as Sinead went on to say that she was always there to listen to him, that she could handle the truth about what happened to him. The man simply stared openly at her before she turned around to head towards the bedroom. Peter hesitated, watching her disappear around the corner before taking a step towards the bedroom as well.

The man stopped just shy of the corner, catching sight of Sinead as she was getting ready again. His thoughts were temporarily soothed just by the beautiful sight of her. Of course, still a polite soul, he kept his eyes more on her soft face, taking in every feature. Once she took notice of him again, her bright smile had him stepping further into the bedroom. He smirked softly and moved towards his dresser, the large oak drawers looking foreign to him as he gripped the handle and opened one, searching for suitable clothes. Once he dropped the towel, he was quick to put on a pair of bottoms. Sinead spoke on, saying that the main thing was he was home now, and that they had a beautiful home and a large family who was here for him. The man couldn't help but furrow his brows at her last few words, Everyone's here for you now... He knew that perhaps he was reading far too much into it, but hadn't his family been there for him before?

Peter knew how hard they had tried to get him out and yet, somewhere in the back of his mind he couldn't help but think that it wasn't enough. The man turned to face his wife now, who was sitting at the edge of their bed, looking as beautiful as ever. "I'm glad everyone is here for me." His voice told her, slightly monotoned. His mind then bounced to something else, seeing Sinead on the bed like she was. Peter pressed his lips together, leaning from one foot to the next as he stared at her just as openly as he had before. Taking a few steps towards the bed, he moved to slowly sit beside her, their bodies not touching as he stared ahead. He wasn't sure if he was reading the signals right, and he felt so scared of what could happen..."I'm uh...not sure what to do here." Looking down, his hands trembled greatly as he rubbed them against his knees.

Finn Sullivan
Porter's House
Liam-Hemsworth-The-LANE-Man-2-2.jpg
Finn definitely noticed the little daze that George had been in and once he snapped out, the man smiled a little wider. "Just a coffee coming right up!" Finn announced before getting to work on making some coffee. As he fiddled around in the kitchen, his attention was turned towards his Aunt as she took in George. Her tone was cold, and Finn began to worry that she might end up scaring the poor man off. This thought was soon deemed ridiculous as George had gone through so much more than he had. As intimidating as his Aunty Shan could be to others, this probably wasn't the case for Georgie. Never the less, Finn kept an open ear out, relieved when her tone changed, stating that a friend of Peter was a friend to them. "On it Aunty Shan!" Finn responded as his Aunt told him to get George a little more than coffee. Luckily he didn't have to go very far to get some of the best stuff around, having a little trail following behind him.

Emery's words had Finn chuckling as he searched through the James' liquor cabinet, "No cake?" His voice raised into a whine, looking towards the bossy girl with a pout. "I guess I can wait for your daddy, but I can't promise that I will be able to save all of it one he does have that first piece." The man found a good bottle before closing the cabinet and spinning on his heel to turn back towards the kitchen. He took his time now, walking with Emery as she continued to speak about who would be getting cake. "I bet he's looking forward to coming home to see you and your siblings again." A large smile formed on his face as Emery then concluded that today was the best day.

It had been a while since Finn had sat down for a drink, and of course, Aunty Shan had picked up on everything he had been doing recently. Finn's cheeks turned a bright pink as his Aunt spoke ill of Eleanor. It had been a while yet but he still couldn't help but feel hurt by her calling the woman he use to love such a name. They both had decided to call it off, if anything, he was just at fault for the failed relationship. "Don't worry! I've made a promise to show him around, chances are we will be getting completely wasted before stumbling about town." The man knocked back the last of his drink before sighing. "The hours are good though, and I think I've almost saved enough to move out on my own..."
with: George Misty Gray Misty Gray

Sinead Callahan

1543275554968-png.507669
Sinead was relieved when Peter joined her in the bedroom, having for some reason feared he wouldn't follow her. He didn't seem happy to hear the family were all there for him and no doubt glad to finally have him back home. Her smile dropped and she awkwardly looked down to her knees as she listened to him tell her he was glad everyone was there. His tone seemed flat and free of any conviction, which naturally concerned her.

Feeling Peter's eyes on her, Sinead looked back up to her husband and softly smiled as he moved closer to sit beside her on the bed. She turned her head to look to his face as he told her he wasn't sure what to do. His statement confused her a little and she once again diverted her vision downwards, only to notice Peter's hands were trembling as he rubbed his knees. "We've been married for ten years..." she quietly began. She looked back to his face and nervously bit her lip before forcing back her insecurities. "We've been apart for six months, Petey," she said, placing her hand on his thigh. "We're alone and with plenty of time before dinner. I don't think I need to spell out what we could be doing..."

Sinead barely finished her sentence before she stood up and turned back towards the wall. In the moment, she wanted to cry and beg him to tell her what was wrong. She was once again reminded of the lecture Shannon had given her about not being emotional and "burdening" Peter will her own difficulties. Sinead's vision shifted to the mirror on the wall and she stared at herself for a time, wondering if she looked horrible. What if Peter no longer loved her or didn't find her attractive anymore. Before her concerns could bring her to tears, she bit her lip and looked further into the mirror to observe Peter's reflection. She then took a deep breath before turning back around to face Peter directly. "I'm not the only one who has missed you, Peter," she began, shifting to his full name. "Now you've seen enough of me, there's three children who are desperate to see their Daddy..." she firmly told him. Though there were threats of tears in her glistening eyes, she managed to hold back the urge to cry or yell.

Bellz Bellz (Peter)

Blake Walsh
Porter's House
a04d7818c081b9893c4e9956048b5962--gossip-girl-cast-black-lively.jpg
After the successful execution of the job, Blake decided that its was best to lay low for a while. Of course, her work with the Porters didn't stop and her relationship with Jackson only grew stronger. Now on the way to the Porter's residence, she turned towards the familiar gate where she was stopped by Brian, the man offered her a warm smile and the gates were opened before she pulled her car through. Having a really late night, made her sleep into the late morning and she hadn't gotten ready until the early afternoon. She was meeting up with Jackson here for some time out or in...whatever he wanted to do.

Parking the car, the women swung her long legs out of the car before standing. Shutting the door behind her, she sauntered towards the front door, opening it and letting herself in. Not surprised by the barks and sound of paws running towards her, she chuckled as she removed her coat and sun glasses, placing them both into the hall closet before bending over to greet the rowdy pack of dogs. Hearing multiple voices in the home, she wasn’t sure where to start looking first. Her guess was that the boys would be outside. She wasn’t followed by the pups as they lost interest of her. Blake headed towards the garden, taking a short cut straight through the home, but avoided the little greeting session that was taking place in the kitchen.

Once in the garden, a wide smile formed on Blake’s face as she took in her love training Syd. She was quiet, careful not to disturb the session as she stopped a short distance away, leaning against the wall beside her. Blake watched the two train with great interest, feeling very proud that Syd was finally getting the training he needed. Blake was beginning to care for this family just as much as Jackson did. When she saw Syd glance around the garden, the blonde took it as a cue to interrupt the session. ”Distracted are we?” She asked curiously, ”Can’t leave yourself open like that, or your going to get a face full of fist.” She raised a brow before looking to Jackson, her smile widening, ”But if he’s training you, I’m sure your prepared for anything.”

with: Jackson Enzyme Enzyme ; Syd Pyroclast Pyroclast

Kennedy Sullivan

As he was closed up to Evelyn, he could furthermore inspect her features while she moved her hand to cover the paper he merely blinked on. He liked the repulsive and rather confident strain she showed, polite but yet decisive in his eyes. This did not happen just because of the fact that he was a Sullivan. Ken couldn't know if she was a high animal in the chain of commands, and if he just angered someone he did not wish to anger. But this was just Kennedy's personality, after all, he could not help it. Kennedy thought people appreciated his honest but yet harsh behaviour always over those intriguing and emotion covering individuals everyone had to deal with in life.

His eyebrows raised as she mentioned Brian and the fact that she experienced these things with other men with no manner, he immediately thought if she hinted at him by that, not that he would care though. A strange urge came through his mind as he started to wish to get even closer to the woman, a sense of affection he hadn't felt for a woman for longer than normal. Kennedy had manners though, and thus did not let his emotions overcome the situation, possibly turning this into something awkward by the end of the day and rather filled with bad emotions for both sides. He knew that his closing in was probably rather daring, but yet again, this was Kennedy. The thought of having intruded something got approved as soon as she turned in her chair, facing him, which led him to take a step back to not have a rather absurd outcome of this conversation.

Having done all these provocations, Ken was not sure himself if he considered himself an asshole, because he indeed felt satisfied after his small establishment of dominance, at least that's what he thought. That smile of hers gave him a shudder in return now, her words and that smile having impacted his guts more than necessary, he did not think of all the lost members as she mentioned work again but had his thoughts shift towards Higgins again, his neutral expression dropping into a grimace of pain. As she turned away he had to cough up for a moment, almost similar to being breathless. Her following words did not hit him hard, but for once it dug a smile out of his facade, if she saw it or not was not important, he just started to like her attitude and felt embracing it for a small amount of time.

"Well, Miss Gangster Lady, guess I will stop interrupting your work and start working on my own things... on the other side of the room to give you the necessary space to prevent you from suffocating due to my presence." A large mix of amusement and arrogance were involved in his tone, but his face showed proper affection now. He just had to make some fun with her before starting to turn serious again, perhaps even showing her that he was not the prick he currently appeared to be. Kennedy Sullivan turned around and lowered himself down on a chair after he crossed the room, taking out a few reports he wished to work on for the Department, a pen in his hand to underline things he had to investigate further on or not. He was still facing her, legs crossed, and the papers rested on his lap. Once in a while, his gaze would move over to the seated woman, if no further action were done.

Pyroclast Pyroclast

Jackson McCarthy

.jpg
Jackson crossed his arms at Syd's question, briefly looking to the neatly trimmed grass below them. "You joking?" he chuckled, looking back up to Syd. "I can hardly get you attention when she's in the window." He smiled to the kid. "Come on, stay focus-" A familiar voice behind him cut him off. Jackson stood up straight as he turned to face her, immediately cracking a smile. "Speakin' of pros," He joked, nudging Syd lightly. "How're luv'?" he asked, giving her a brief kiss. "What'd ya' say we call it day?" He asked Syd as he rested his hand on Blake's back. "I know how much you wanna' run over to Skye anyways." He gave the kid a grin, affirmed by a small nod. As Jackson and Blake walked over to the house, Jackson momentarily stopped, turning around and pointing to Syd. "We'll pick up where we left off this time tomorrow."

Jackson led Blake through the cover of the house's shadow. "I heard great things about this place," he assured her, resting his shades on the bridge of his nose. As they walked around the car to the parking lot, they were trailed by the dogs. Samson run up beside them, beating Jackson's legs with his wagging tail. Jackson kept his attention on blake, but lowered his hand to pat the dog on the side of the head. "Better yet, I heard great things about their lagers."

The static sound of radio came out from below the house's porch. Jackson slowed his pace, looking to the jacket on the bench. The radio beeped twice, before a voice emitted from it's speakers. "Sullivan, this is Donnelly. Report in; we got a serious situation."

Jackson looked around to see if anyone heard it. Seeing that he and Blake were the only souls around, he sighed lightly. Jackson would’ve ignored the call, but the urgency in Donnelly’s voice made it sound especially important. Considering the dirty cop’s main priority should be the Porters, Jackson felt inclined to make sure the message went through.

"One sec, luv'," He smiled to her, lightly squeezing her hand. He turned over to the double doors, picking up Kennedy's jacket off the bench.

The immediate brisk, air conditioned air struck Jackson in a pleasant manner. The house was far darker than outside, preserving energy by only using the natural lights from the windows to illuminate the rooms. Jackson pulled the sun glasses off of his face, resting it's temple in the divot of his shirt collar. "Kennedy," he called out, moving to the kitchen.

As he rounded the corner, he caught sight of Kennedy's backside. "Mate," Jackson paused immediately, seeing the man conversing with Evelyn. Although evidently shocked, he continued. "Donnelly is chirpin' at you on the radio. Sounds important." The tone in Jacksons voice changed drastically, his eyes not even looking to Kennedy as he addressed the man. Catching himself, he quickly turned his attention to Kennedy, offering the man his coat with the radio inside.

Bellz Bellz (Blake) Pyroclast Pyroclast (Syd/Evelyn) mpower mpower (Kennedy)

Last edited:
Lucy Porter
tumblr_pgp3qhid9a1u3ll1so1_540.png
Lucy would have been lying if she said she hadn't zoned out in the middle of the conversation for a brief moment. Not that she was finding the topic boring, she found it very important to meet with the man whom James new well and trusted to keep their family safe. Lucy stayed silent for most of the conversation, wanting to listen to ever detail of what would be going down with Nathan. The blonde already saw so much potential in him and she knew that he would fit in very well with the rest of the family. When he spoke of this task not being just a job for him, Lucy smiled widely at the man, admiring the loyalty he already had for the family he barely knew yet. Lucy was glad to hear that the man was eager to start and as she looked to James, she could see he was just as pleased.

When James sat back and placed his arm around her again, Lucy leaned into his embrace, finding his warmth comforting. When asked if she was feeling alright, the woman nodded her head firmly, "Never better." She told him honestly, leaving out that she was hungry because lately, she was always hungry. She watched as he looked around the club and Lucy's own eyes followed before he turned back to the two of them and suggested they get something to eat. Lucy watched as Nathan instantly lit up at the idea of food which caused her to giggle warmly. "I agree with Nathan, love. Where was this idea 15 minutes ago..?" She teased before moving to get up herself, with some help of course.

Lucy then looked worried as she looked Nathan up and down, "I hope someone has been feeding you well!" She admitted to him, a slight pout forming on her lips. "With this job brings lots and lots of food, don't. you. worry." She said before turning to pat James' middle. "I think I'm overfeeding this one here." Again her tone was teasing and she leaned in to kiss her husband's cheek lightly.
with: James Misty Gray Misty Gray Nathan LateForDinner LateForDinner

Gweneth Sheehan
65543090e25fcc65e1f2db4bf53ca420.gif
Gwen raised her left brow as Aidan suddenly looked like he was about to choke on his water at her question. Surely what he did for a living wasn't too horrible...? When he spoke of working for Mr. Porter, it was Gwen's turn to choke on her own drink. Her eyes widened just a bit as she nodded her head along with Aidan's words. She definitely knew who Mr. Porter was. As he went on to say that he was like a father to him and that he was a good man, Gwen visibly seemed to relax a bit. In the little investigation that she had done on him before, she had heard similar things about the man. "Is it scary to work for...the mob?" She asked curiously, trying to get to know more about her supposed brother without making it seem to obvious.

The redhead did another quick scan of the club to see that Mr and Mrs. Porter were getting ready to leave with one of their guards at the table. She stared their way a bit longer than she had meant to before turning back to Aidan a bit distracted now. "I think I need another drink." She said truthfully before ordering herself another one.
with: Aidan Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford

Peter Callahan
7a695537194297ef22f9e07404427ac9.jpg
Peter heard his wife's words, knowing what she wanted, what he wanted deep down. But as he continued to stare down at his trembling hands, he couldn't force himself to move. He jumped softly as he felt Sinead's small hand on his thigh, not expecting the touch. Peter squeezed his eyes shut as Sinead stood up quickly, turning her back towards the wall. He was ready to hear it from her, she had every right to be angry with him. In his mind however, withholding from her made perfect sense. He didn't want to hurt her. The man lifted his head after a while to see his wife staring at herself in the mirror. Slowly, he stood too, walking over to her without touching her. Biting his lip lightly, he was about to speak when she turned around to face him directly, speaking before he could.

The man felt heartbroken as his wife's whole demeanor had changed. Of course they still had to go see the kids, but at this moment, he felt that spending time with his wife was a little more important. Sinny..." Peter murmured softly, seeing the tears forming in her eyes, "I'm sorry." He took a step towards her and wrapped her up in his embrace, seeing that they both needed to hold one another. Going any further than that scared Peter, he was unpredictable... Yet he tried to push through his own fears, telling himself that it was ridiculous to upset his wife like he was doing in this moment. Peter leaned back after holding her for a long moment, "Let's just...start over." He said before leaning into kiss his wife's lips ever so gently. His movements were hesitant as he slowly guided her towards the bed.

"The kids can wait..." He mumbled against her lips before sitting down on the edge of the bed and pulling her down onto his lap. "Its been six months...that's entirely too long for me to be without you." As he tried to coax her, Peter was uncertain of what he truly wanted. Of course he wanted to sleep with his wife! But seeing him yell at her like he did, what if he did something even worse? What if something triggered him and he were to hurt her?

Sinead Callahan

Isla-Fisher-for-Elle-Magazine-isla-fisher-41258868-500-360.jpgPeter wrapped his arms around Sinead so he could pull her in for an embrace. She gasped for air, having not realised she'd been holding her breath for a time. She practically sank into him and rested her head against his chest. After all of those months, she'd missed being held by her husband as it was the kind of intimacy she often craved but was only permitted to receive from the man himself. She gladly let Peter lean in to kiss her, savouring the feeling of his lips against her own. It was a gentle kiss from him and that kind of affection was always welcomed by her, but this felt different. There seemed to be a reluctance in Peter's actions. Had he really wanted to kiss her at all or was he just trying to keep her happy? "I agree, let's start this again," she said, quickly nodding her head.

A playful smile soon took over Sinead's features as Peter lead her towards the bed and told her the kids could wait. She sat on his lap and giggled. "Of course they can wait, baby," she sweetly told him. Though the tears in her eyes hadn't dried, there was now a genuine sparkle in them. "Six months... far too long," she echoed his words. Meanwhile, she set about unfastening the buttons on her cardigan so she could take it off. She stood up for a moment so she could unzip the back of her dress before letting it slide off of her shoulders and fall into a bundle on the floor. She then sat back on Peter's lap and began to passionately kiss him...

...fade to black...

A short time later, Sinead stood up from the bed and remained silent as she put her dress back on. She muttered under her breath as she initially struggled to grasp the zip behind her, but soon managed to successfully fasten the dress. She then curled up on the bed and stared at her hands as a million thoughts seemed to bounce around inside her head. She and Peter hadn't slept together. He didn't appear to want to be intimate with her and it made her feel anxious as she thought of all of the possible reasons why. She'd spent so long looking forward to her husband returning home and she had been expecting him to be just as excited. She thought he'd be glad to see her, but it hadn't seemed that way since as early as the drive home. It felt like he didn't want to be around her, like everything was being dragged out of him, and it seemed like he was uncomfortable when in her close proximity. She forced her mouth to stay shut so Peter didn't have to hear how upset she was, but the tears still streamed out from the corners of her eyes, forcing her to bury her face in the pillow.

Bellz Bellz (Peter)

tumblr_pc981wHA4B1r04r78o4_r1_500.gif Evelyn McKenna

Evelyn looked hard into the man's eyes as she awaited his next move. For a brief moment she felt anxious that he might not leave her alone. But then, to her surprise, he began to smile. Not a menacing one, nor sour, cocky or patronising - just a genuine, handsome smile. It suited him, she thought. She wanted to show him that she was serious, however, and so simply raised her eyebrows in response. His words amused her and though she tried to suppress it, she couldn't help the small smile that escaped her lips. She uttered a polite "thank you" and put her head down, only lifting her eyes to watch him walk away from her. There was something about the man that intrigued her, but she dared not try to work out what it was. If only she wasn't so stubborn, she might have indulged in a proper conversation with him.

The paperwork was easy - nothing she hadn't done before - and after a minute or so of silence and distance between them, Evelyn finally managed to get into the flow. Suddenly a voice called out for Kennedy and she used the minor distraction as an excuse to look over to him once more. The voice had brought a strange, tingling sensation to her skin, and when the approaching footsteps reached the door, she realised why. Speechless, Evelyn dropped her pen and stared at Jackson, her shock compelling her to stand up. She caught nothing of what he was saying to Kennedy.

"Oh my god," she blurted out, one hand flying to cover her mouth as she felt herself suddenly on the verge of tears. Instead of crying, however, she burst out laughing - within seconds, she had made her way across the room and had her arms wrapped tightly around the man. Still stuck for words, she held onto him for a few moments, savouring every second of the pleasant surprise. Only when she eventually pulled away did she notice the tears rolling down her cheeks, but she was still smiling uncontrollably when she raised her hands to wipe them away. "God, Jackson, it's been ages!" she beamed, happy tears still escaping her eyes. Looking up at him, she was unable to hide her joy. "You haven't grown up too much without me, have ye? Don't be tellin' me you live in this big aul' mansion too, now," she laughed, playfully hitting him on the arm. "Are ye keeping well? What're you doing with yourself? I bet you have loads to tell me."

Interactions
mpower mpower Kennedy
Enzyme Enzyme Jackson

James Porter

1542396970135-png.504342
James feigned an offended expression when Nathan said he hoped he was being paid for the current meeting. He turned to Lucy and quirked his eyebrows before looking back to Nathan. "Fucking hell... The cheek of it, mate," he teased in response to the man's question. "How about I pay for dinner? I'll even let you pick from the grown-up menu," he offered. "As for tomorrow morning, just be at my place by nine. Unless, of course, you want to get some exercise in. In which case, make it six sharp," he informed him.

Nathan was starving and Lucy was beyond hungry, which made it clear to James it really was time to head next door for dinner. "You're a pair of cheeky buggers, y'know," he remarked. He rushed out from his seat at the booth so he could get to Lucy's side and hold his hands out to help her get up, sending her a warm smile as he admired his beautiful wife. He made sure she was steady on her feet before letting go of her hands. Hearing her joke about overfeeding him and pointing to his stomach for comedy effect, James once again pretended to be offended. "Well, shit. Perhaps I'd best schedule a longer workout session in the morning." He placed his arm around Lucy's waist and shook his head in amusement. "This one is still using that old 'eating for two' chestnut. I'm calling bullshit on that!" he teased.

As they turned to leave the club, James caught Gwen watching him and so he made a point of letting her see his eyes on her now too. He didn't hold it for long, instead focusing back on Nathan and Lucy. Given James' reputation around the city, it was nothing new for people to be staring at or watching him, but it didn't mean he didn't make a point of acknowledging those who did. Still, he couldn't find a reason to feel suspicious about the singer and wondered if perhaps her ongoing interaction with Aidan had somehow involved mentioning him along the way.

James, Lucy and Nathan entered the Sky Haven Restaurant, having only missed Conor and Aliana by a few minutes. The hostess greeted them and showed them to their seats just a couple of table along from where Saoirse and Griff were eating. James sat in the seat next to his wife and opposite Nathan. "This place belongs to Aliana, who I'm sure you'll have plenty of opportunities to meet. Conor happens to be pretty sweet on her too," he said, grinning at the thought. Once again, James caught eyes on him as he looked in the direction of Saoirse and Griffin, both of them he recognised from the nearby grocery store. Saoirse seemed to be intentionally staring at him from her place at the table. James turned away and lifted the menu, glancing to the words for a moment. He soon placed it back down on the table before looking between Lucy and Nathan. "Have I got something on my face?" he suddenly asked, pointing to himself. "The singer was staring at me in the club and now the two to my right are looking," he explained, no doubt drawing their attention to Saoirse and Griff.

LateForDinner LateForDinner (Nathan) Bellz Bellz (Lucy, Griff)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back