• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A Family Affair: The Irish Mob - IC (Ended)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Carter Dresden

1c0abd7c43e8909d013f56efb110af9e.png
Carter watched the blonde saunter over to the table as he leaned back in his chair. He smirked at her remark, leading him to motion to the chair. "In that case, seats all yours." He watched her take her place, his beady eyes studying her stunning features, which he had only recently begun to notice. His smile slightly faded as she brought up the old newspaper headlines. While the shooting at the factory hadn't killed anyone he cared for, as it even helped support his cause, it still felt like a personal attack and attempt on his life. With Arlene shinning light upon it, it just reminded him that she was part of the family that would happily put him in a shallow grave. He chuckled lightly, sitting up in his seat. "Nothin' wrong wit' a lil' madness." He winked to her as he pushed the newspaper aside. It had done enough to captive his morning, he wasn't going to let it be the center piece of his lunch discussion as well.

When she asked what the chances were she received untampered coffee, he leaned back in his chair and folded his hands. "Well, considering I'm not touchin' it," He nodded over to the waitress, who sprung up happily at the tables acknowledgement. The woman scampered over, notepad in hand. When she asked for their order, he motioned for Arlene to go first. When she finished giving her order, he felt the waitress' eyes fall on him. "Just a refill for me," He said, nodding to her. The woman clicked her pen and disappeared into the back.

"So, how are they anyways? I'm always a little nervous to meet 'the family'," He smirked, sitting back up in his chair. The interval had been quiet. While perhaps it was tense for the Porters, but the IWU had been too focused on rebuilding to worry about retaliating. While the physical structure was being rebuilt, the chain of command had a few renovations as well. Carter had been invited out to relieve their former boss of his duties, but he decided to stay back and get lunch instead.

Misty Gray Misty Gray (Arlene)

Last edited:
Jack Brady
agitator1.jpgJack pulled up and parked his car behind the Rolls, having arrived too late to have walked in with the Armstrongs and also get caught up in Gideon's ambush. He exited his vehicle blissfully unaware either of Jared's planned escape or of Gideon's interception of him. Thus, he had to try hard to subdue an expression of shock and surprise when he was met at the door by an armed gunman wearing a balaclava, who waved him into the living room where Jared and his family were being held at gunpoint, although he had not been made to kneel and inferred that he was not an intended target, at least not yet.

He looked about to see all of Jared's guards and staff bound on their knees, and the three Armstrongs in a cluster together before Gideon. He looked at the baggage that had been strewn out across the floor, and deduced that not only had Jared planned to flee the country, but that Gideon had found out and had initiated what looked to be a hostile takeover. His chest tightened, mentally kicking himself. He walked right into this trap, he only hoped that he was of use enough to Gideon that he would be left alive. He looked with some degree of pity on the Armstrongs, whom he had come to regard as something of his friends, but he suppressed the urge to intervene on their behalf or even give them a sympathetic glance for fear he would end up alongside them.

"Well, Gideon," Jack said, glancing at the armed man beside him, "you really know how to steal a room. What's this about, huh? Going to make an example of Armstrong and have the Union front page in the papers again?" He paused, waiting for the man's response and half-expecting to be forced onto the floor for the inevitable firing squad. It seems he was to be crushed by Fortune's wheel.

Enzyme Enzyme Misty Gray Misty Gray Bellz Bellz

Rudy Meyers
Rudy Meyers.jpg"Well, we came here a few months ago and they were running a gambling racket out of the basement. Porter wasn't getting his cut, which means we weren't getting our cut. So obviously, we needed to pay them a visit. They tried to get rough with us, but we were able to deal with them without resorting to bullets..." He chortled a bit. "I did put a guy in the hospital, but to be fair he tried sneaking up on me with a bat so I guess fair is fair. Just watch yourself. You're a solid man, so I doubt that they'll throw any curveballs you're not ready for."

With that, he slowed the car to a stop on the curb by the door and they walked out. Rudy took point, making an auspicious entrance like a gunslinger swinging through the double-doors of some Arizona saloon. "Well hello boys!" He announced cheerfully, approaching the bar. "You know I've been looking forward to a real nice pint of beer this week. Oi, work has been killin' me." He waited until he was within earshot of the barkeep before continuing at a lower volume, "All those no-good, double-crossers that I've had to beat to a bloody pulp this week. I tell ya, mate, it's a rough industry keepin' you lot in line." He was standing right in front of the barkeep now. "I'm still on the clock though," he said wryly directing this comment directly at him.

Fletchawk Fletchawk Misty Gray Misty Gray

Faye Armstrong
giphy.gif
The red head beamed excitedly at her news that she finally could share with her family. Her eyes widened a bit at Grace’s language but Jared warned her, though his tone didn’t sound like one at all. Faye watched her husband closely, trying to read the man’s thoughts as she sucked in her lower lip, biting down on it lightly. Letting out a chuckle as he admitted that he was a bit speechless, and Faye added in, ”I was just as surprised as you!” The blush to Jared’s cheeks caused Faye to smile even wider. The car soon came to a stop and Jared was quick to exit the car. Once outside of it, Faye was joined by her husband, his arm around her as they walked towards the house. They stopped outside the front door and Faye looked into his eyes, a small smirk now playing on her lips. She stood on her tiptoes as they kissed taking a step closer to him. After breaking the short kiss, Faye nodded her head in agreement with his words, ”You did amazing love...” he pressed his forehead against hers and spoke softly.
Faye couldn’t help but furrow her eyebrows in confusion, tilting her head to the side ever so slightly. A permanent stay in London? Maybe a new start? ”That sounds like a beautiful idea.” Faye murmured in response. ”Lets do it.”

With that, they walked through the front door. When the lights flicked on, Faye gasped in surprise to see four men standing in the middle of their entryway,holding weapons in their grasp. The gun hit Jared quicker than Faye could think and she let out a short scream as he felt to the floor, the men not letting up as they made sure he wouldn’t be able to fight back. Faye couldn’t find her voice, too much in shock as she watched what the men did to her beloved husband. Faye took a step forward but was immediately grabbed roughly. She fought against the man holding her but he only squeezed her tighter, painfully so. Faye looked to Grace trying to reassure her as she internally tried to calm herself, ”It’s okay love, we are gonna be fine.” her tone didn’t sound very confident in her words however, failing to do anything to help the situation.

Faye didn’t fight the man holding her as they were dragged into the living room and thrown on the floor. Faye quickly turned to her daughter, reaching her arms out to hold her as Grace shuffled closer to her. She held her daughters head as she stroked her hair, kissing her cheek gently as she whispered reassuring words into her ear. Faye looked as her husband was dragged into the room, bloodied and beaten. Her cries turned into heart wrenching sobs, ”Please don’t do this.” Faye cried looking to the man in the chair.

Jared was thrown beside her and she looked to him, eyes wide with fear and concern. The man spoke but Faye could hardly hear them with the loud dull sound of her heart in her ears. Her eyes continued to look to Jared until he finally looked to her, his hand reaching out and rubbing her back. In that moment, something seemed to click with Faye. She couldn’t shake the feeling that this was going to be their final moments. She heaved in a breath forcing herself to continued breathing as she felt herself losing focus of everything. Her head turned to look to Grace, squeezing her tightly again. ”I love you.” she whisper to her, listening then as Jared tried to plea for herself and Grace to be let go. The woman immediately shook her head unable to keep the words from bubbling past her lips, ”No! We aren’t going with out you.” Just then another voice sounded off, snapping the women's attention to Jack, she stared at him, trying to get him to at least glance their way. There was no way he was just going to leave them like this..right?
with: Misty Gray Misty Gray Enzyme Enzyme Shireling Shireling
(sorry if its a short post, I'm on my phone.)

th
Aliana Cartwright

Aliana's smile slightly grew as Conor further complimented her. "Stop complimenting me before I go get big headed." She joked to him. Ali always appreciated a nice compliment, but ones from Conor were definitely her favorite to receive. "I don't think I need to tell you how attractive you always look. Especially with this more..." There was a slight pause as she tried to search for an appropiate word to use. "Responsible. It's a good look for you, ya know." She shot him a wink before resting her arm on the bar counter, fingers laced together. "Well, don't forget to take a moment and do a sanity check. I've had to a lot doing this job."

There was something about telling Conor all of this that made her feel different. Before, she would be terrified to even open herself up this much. To be telling him what she was thinking and what was going on through her head during this time was a big step for her. Yet, she felt comfortable doing it; she felt comfortable confiding in him. With his own words of understanding, the thought she had of him judging her went away. She shouldn't have thought to begin with, she understood, but sometimes your mind could do that to you. Make you think or feel some type of way about something until you can get some type of reassurance. He agreed with her, sort of encouraged her even. "You know... It's sort of a relief to hear you say that. I mean, I kind of felt you would but to hear you actually say it makes me feel what I did was right." The was a lingering look she gave Conor, before looking at her glass. Her hand then picked it up and she raised it to her lips just as he informed her about his status with Alex. It caught her off guard, evident on her face by her furrowed eyebrows. She didn't quite know what to expect or how to react, so her mind did the first thing it could think of.

When she regathered herself, she cleared her throat. "Conor... I'm sorry. I didn't want to be the wedge that ruined everything." It was true; she was sorry that Conor and Alex had broken up but only because of Michelle. She was truly living up to the no regrets lifestyle at the moment. At the mention of Shannon, she opened her mouth to speak only to close it again. She couldn't remember if she had ever met the woman before or not and felt a certain nervousness; one you could only feel about meeting the parents of your partner. Except, she and Conor weren't dating, so why did it matter?

Ali took another, longer sip of her drink whilst Conor spoke. She slowly placed her cup down on the barmat while he ended he confession to her. Currently, she was unsure about what she was going to do or say to him next. All she could do was search his eyes for something, anything that said this wasn't what he really wanted; she found none. "Well, while you're confessing that you're head over heels for me and speaking about regrets..." She took a deep breath and hesitated. There was still some hesitation to her words, even though she knew this was what she wanted to do. "I... Don't want to regret not speaking up like I did a few months ago.. You are quite possibly the best mistake I've ever made. I don't want to regret not seeing where this could possibly go, Conor."
Conor ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )

Arlene Sullivan

1542319661830-png.504106
Arlene smirked when Carter made it clear her drink would not be tampered with. "Ah, there you go. All of those days spent together in that apartment and I've finally grown on you," she remarked. She looked up to the waitress and sent the woman a friendly smile. "I will have a coffee and a piece of that chocolate fudge cake I saw on my way in, please," she requested. She then watched the woman walk away before focusing her attention back to Carter.

When he asked about her family, Arlene scoffed at the man's question, knowing full well what his sentiment towards her relatives was. Still, she harboured similar feelings towards the IWU and she was always happy to play along. "They're all doing great. Since the party at the factory, everything has been back to business as usual. I have to admit, I've enjoyed the peace. My family managing their businesses and your lot playing in your own back yard." She expected the peace was fragile and only for as long as it would take for the IWU to get their shit together again, but even she had to admit the lack of action on that front was refreshing. She grinned as she thought back to what he'd said. "Who knows, maybe one day I'll bring you home to meet the family. They're very eager for some alone time with you, Carter," she teased.

The waitress brought out Arlene's coffee and cake, as well as refilling Carter's own drink. Once the woman was gone, Arlene silently stirred the milk into her drink, her features turning more pensive as she was clearly deliberating something in her head. She placed the teaspoon down on the side plate and looked up to Carter again. "We spent enough time talking in December for you to know I won't sugarcoat things. I won't pretend I didn't wish all of your IWU friends had been killed in that attack. Evan, Minnie and any of those other fuckers who were stopping me from leaving that apartment. I'm especially disappointed Jared himself is still swanning around in one piece," she coldly added. Her features then softened as she studied Carter's face. "You and I had some decent conversations through it all, not to mention how thoughtful that gift, the music box, was." She glanced to the window before looking back to the man. "Honestly, I was glad to learn you got out of the factory alive. After all of the shit you've pulled against my family, I can't help but see something else in you, beyond all of that. Our similar pasts... I just feel there's more layers to you, Carter, and I like a puzzle."

Enzyme Enzyme (Carter)

The Archers Pub
Richard Duncan

"Well, ladies, you enjoy the rest of your trip. If you find those other clubs too poncy, just bring yourselves back here and I'll make sure there's an empty table for you." As Richard's eyes followed the backs of the two attractive Scottish ladies, he noticed the two men make their grand entrance into the pub. The two women moved aside for a short moment before making their speedy exit. Richard recognised Rudy from a previous visit and it was only logical to assume Ryan was one of Porter's men too. The last few visits had worked out convenient for the Duncans and Conor had left with neither any evidence nor any trouble. He turned to the young glass collector and sent him a nod, which sent the skinny lad off in the direction of the basement, with the intention of forewarning the guys downstairs...

Richard remained standing at the bar as he let Rudy approach him. "Always a pleasure to see you," he drily remarked. He looked to Ryan. "A pint of beer for you as well?" he asked. Regardless, he started to pour Rudy's pint, listening as the man spoke of his rough week dealing with double-crossers. He simply nodded along as he processed Rudy's words - clearly some kind of threat. He placed the pint down on the bar and held his hand out for the payment. "Y'know, you'd find things less rough if you'd all just mind your own business. I'm trying to run a pub here and Porter gets his cut. Sending you lot around is going to start scaring off the customers and then the profits will drop. What's bad for my business is ultimately bad for yours."

Shireling Shireling (Rudy) Fletchawk Fletchawk (Ryan)

Last edited:
Conor Sullivan

1542550997894-png.504946
"Ahh, so it's the smart and responsible Conor that takes your fancy?" he asked, playfully straightening out his suit. "I'll be sure to carry this look more often, just for you." It wasn't often anyone called him responsible, so he was definitely holding on to Aliana's assessment. When told to do a sanity check, he seriously nodded his head. She was probably right on that front and he knew he could only mask his troubles with his jovial mannerisms for so long before the cracks would begin to appear. Regardless, he was confident he was getting a handle on things again and his current talk with Aliana was providing a much needed boost.

Conor was glad he'd been able to reassure Aliana on the subject of her actions against the IWU. He'd meant every word he'd said to her. In the business they were tied to, there wasn't time to hesitate where the enemy was concerned, not when inaction could come with a hefty price. Even if he didn't think that way, he still couldn't judge Aliana for her actions. Whilst he'd never killed a person, he'd still committed acts of violence, threats and intimidation, along with many other crimes. He'd still crossed many morals lines in the name of protecting his family and getting revenge on those who wronged him.

He quickly shook his head at Aliana's apology. "You didn't ruin things for me and Alex. If anything, you helped me realise I wasn't happy and that made me take time to actually think about what I was doing. I wanted to do what I thought was best for Michelle. I wanted to do what I thought my family expected of me. But I wasn't thinking about whether it was the right thing for me or Alex."

Conor blushed when Aliana mentioned him confessing his attraction to her. He lifted his pint to take a drink, hoping to washing away his reddened cheeks. It was rare a lady could make him feel at all nervous, but it wasn't often his flirting was borne from his own genuine affection. It was about more than just getting Aliana into bed and thus the stakes were much higher for him. He briefly laughed when she said he was the best mistake she'd ever made. "I hope that's a compliment..." he joked. He quirked his eyebrow when her words suggested to him that she wanted to see where they could go. "I want to give us a try, Ali. I don't want us to just have drinks once in a while and then end up in bed together only to brush it off like nothing happened. I would quite like to do things properly this time. Go on dates together and be exclusive. I know now that I want to be in a relationship with you, but what do you want?" he softly asked her.

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Aliana)

th

Aliana Cartwright

"Mmm... All of the different complex sides of Conor Sullivan takes my fancy. I guess you just have that affect on me." She confessed. While this was one of the best looks she has seen on him, she had to be honest with herself. The part of him that really drew her in was his recklessness, but she knew that he couldn't go around being reckless for her and wouldn't even suggest it. Instead, it would be her guilty little secret.

The restaurant owner was holding her breath, waiting for Conor to respond to her concerns about his prior relationship. She didn't realize she was until he reassured her she had nothing to do with it. It cleared up the woman's conscience to know his decision was his decision and had nothing to do with her. She wouldn't know how to live with herself knowing she broke up a happy home. Knowing there was this little girl who's parents weren't together because she was being selfish. "Well, then I'm glad I could help with that. I mean, you helped me realize a lot, too, but I won't tell you." She gave him a teasing smile before taking her glasses and pushing them up over her head. "I just hope this doesn't ruin your relationship with Michelle."

Looking at the man across from her blush, she leaned forward to get a better look. "Are you... Blushing? I succeeded in making you blush." Her teasing was relentless, she just couldn't help herself. She was feeling comfortable, it being nice that she could let her walls down with him. It was still up just a bit, but for the most part she was opening herself to him. It had taken her a while, but she had come to the conclusion that Conor wasn't going to hurt her. The visit she took to see her mother also included the undoing of what her father had taught her. Love and everything leading up to it is a weakness. Except, her mother had told her, it was the greatest feeling and the greatest strength she would ever experience. That's why it was so easy for her to grab Conor's hand, lacing her fingers with his. A split second of hesitation, and she would give to him her most sincere smile. "I want to be able to wake up next to you and not immediately have to leave. I want you to be more than just a pretty face in the back of mind. Conor, I want you." It was the confession of a lifetime for Ali, especially after she vowed never to say such words.

Conor ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )​

Gideon Burnell

5b777c60-dcfe-11e6-806d-a7422c46f328_jm.gif
Gideon watched on as Jared attempted to smoothly talk his way out of it. One of the goons didn't want to hear it, however, the butt of the goons submachine gun quickly shut him up, making contact just above his cheek and most likely fracturing the bone. Gideon kept his hands folded behind his back, his eyes falling down to where Jared laid. "We both know I can't let that happen." His voice sounded eerily calm; in any other circumstance, it would've resonated soothingly. His head looked up, along with the rest of the goons, upon Jack's entry. None of them moved to apprehend the man, nor did Gideon's body language change. Surprisingly, Jack tried to voice some sort of reason to Gideon. "Jack, you're an intelligent man. Don't betray your instincts." He then ushered the man over, wanting him to be apart of the ceremony. "I've read your writings and they're quite inspiring. Let this be another chapter." His hand fell on Jared's head, gingerly stroking his face.

"Line 'em up," Gideon suddenly barked, his calm demeanor momentarily breaking - as if the monster inside of him cracked through his skin, before being forced back inside. The goons did as they were told, ripping Grace and Faye away from Jared and dragging them towards the wall. There was heavy resistance, as to be expected. One of the goons used the back of their hand to subdue Grace, while the other dragged Faye by her long hair. Throwing them up against the wall, they used their heavy hands to overpower the women and force them on their knees.

Gideon's eyes traced to Evan and Minnie. He offered them a silent nod to take their place, handguns at the ready. The goons stepped aside, allowing the two to take their place behind the women in a formal execution stance. The loyal guards and house servants looked from beyond the guns pointed at their own heads, almost choking and spewing in shock. While the intensity could be cut with a knife, Gideon remained calm. While resting his left hand on Jared's face, his other leaned over Jack's shoulder. "This is only the beginning, comrade," he said, speaking in a low grumble to Jack.

Misty Gray Misty Gray Bellz Bellz Shireling Shireling

Ryan Donahue

Ryan nodded a few times to signify that he'd heard Rudy's portrayal of the last visit, and stepped out of the car before responding, "Well, I think this visit is likely going to be just as fun, so I'm glad that you think me capable of handling myself." Ryan followed the comment with a grin. Before following Rudy towards the pub's entrance, Ryan took a second to make sure his own weapons were secured and out of sight.

Smoulder.jpgWhile Rudy went first and made a show of his arrival before going to talk to the barkeep, Ryan scanned the place as he followed behind him. Besides the few customers that had started drinking early, the thing that caught his attention first was the wiry looking young man that disappeared almost the moment that they came in the door. Ryan declined the offer of a beer with a wave of his hand before heading towards the door that the youth used.

"I'm going to nose around." The tone of his words weren't asking for permission but to let Rudy know that he going somewhere. The door was thinner and weighed less than the doors at the entrance, and required very little effort to push open and reveal a small stockroom. While it wasn't completely dark, it was dimmer than the pub area. At first glance, it held similarities to any other pub stockroom with crates of various beers and spirits stacked throughout. However, it appeared that Ryan was the only occupant.

Letting the door swing shut behind him, Ryan walked past the crates in search of the young man that came in here, the wooden floor occasionally creaking a bit under his weight. It didn't take long for him to find a staircase to a basement level that had a number of crates between it and the door, hiding it from an initial observation. Making sure that he couldn't be caught unawares from behind, Ryan cautiously made his way down the steps to another small storeroom albeit noticeably cooler in temperature and bit darker. The sight of several men around the table set his senses were on high alert as they seemed to either not notice him or outright ignoring him.

Shireling Shireling [Rudy] Misty Gray Misty Gray [Richard] Enzyme Enzyme [Johaan + Patrick]

Last edited:
1542905958123.png Adam Morgan

Adam gave a sort of empty smile when Quinn told him he was handling things well. He couldn't disagree with him - since his father's death, he had only worked harder, somehow knocking his focus and motivation into a higher gear. His eyes followed Quinn's gesture to the house he had been working on and he gazed pensively at it, thinking how strange it was that a place he knew so well could seem so transformed after only a few months. It wasn't just the physical changes, though a fresh lick of paint and a clear out of family possessions certainly changed the atmosphere of the place. The biggest change was the silence that fell when Adam dared to stop working. Oliver had never carried with him a huge amount of energy or personality with him when he entered a room so even when he was alive the house was often quiet. However, this new silence carried a horrible emptiness that Adam just couldn't stand. With both of his parents now gone, the house had lost its life entirely.

The smell of cigarette smoke brought his attention back to Quinn, and he took a swig of his beer as he listened to him talk of his father's secret. "Oh, of course," he said, his tone carrying a mixture of interest and concern. Their initial conversation about the conflict between the Irish Mob and the IWU had very much come from Adam's concern for Mallory. The IWU's brutal acts against her family had worried him greatly, but now knowing that it was the Porters who were to blame for his father's death, he couldn't sympathise with them anymore. Although, on a moral level, Adam didn't agree with the IWU's actions, his disdain towards them had somewhat lessened. Even if he still harboured some feeling towards Mallory, he found that he cared much less about what happened to the mob from here on. "Have you spoken to him about the election results yet? I heard on the radio this morning that the Commissioner won...I imagine your dad is pretty disappointed?" Adam leaned forward to light up a cigarette for himself, sending an appreciative nod to Quinn.

He took a long drag, and when Quinn teased him about getting fat he laughed, the smoke catching in his throat and causing him to cough. "You're always teasing me about Grace," he smirked, eyeing his friend with a look of playful suspicion. "It's almost like you want us to get together." His eyes lingered on his friend for a moment, then he let his expression fall serious again. "I really do appreciate how much you and your family have done for me, though, Quinn. I would love to pay you all back, in any way possible - just say the word, won't you?"

Adam paused to take another sip of his beer and began to mull over his friend's current situation. "Speaking of family...How are things on that front? I mean, with you moving out and everything...are they taking it okay?"

Interactions
Fletchawk Fletchawk Quinn

~ Jared and Grace Armstrong ~
~ Evan Shaw ~

1542835880081-png.505990
The impact of the gun against his cheekbone caused Jared to hunch over in his existing position on the floor. It was clear Gideon wasn't going to listen to any kind of reason or business proposal. The IWU was no longer a concern in Jared's mind, only his family were. He took a deep breath, the pain radiating throughout his already beaten body. All he wanted now was for Faye and Grace to be spared. Hearing Gideon's voice order his men to line up his wife and daughter, Jared quickly looked up and the split second he attempted to stand, he was forced to stay down by Gideon's goons. He flinched as he watched one of the men hit Grace and another drag Faye by her hair.

"Gideon, please!" he hissed, ignoring the increased pain in his cheekbone that speaking brought on. "They have nothing to do with any of this; no knowledge of our business," he persisted, sending Jack a desperate glance, having believed the man to have some semblance of decency. He looked towards Faye and Grace, watching as Evan and Minnie took their positions. He spoke louder, for all in the room to hear. "Do whatever you want with me, but leave my wife and children out of this. You can't hurt them... Grace is just an innocent kid. My wife wouldn't hurt a fly. Please... Faye's pregnant." He looked back to Gideon, the tears streaming from his eyes were now mixing with the blood that poured from his wounds. "Kill me, but spare them..."

Grace had stared wide-eyed at Jack as Gideon allowed the man to stand by his side. He was the same man who had once warned her and Jared to trust nobody, so it appeared in that moment that he could have been referring to himself too.Could he have known this would happen all along? None of that seemed important as she was snapped back to the reality of the situation and found herself being dragged away from her parents. She screamed and struggled again before being silenced by the back of a goon's hand hitting her across the face. What immediately followed was a blur until she found herself kneeling on the floor hearing her father pleading for her life and her mother's. She couldn't get anymore words out, her desperate sobs rendering her unable to speak as she felt the presence of those standing behind her. Having seen her father's guards knelt with guns aimed at their heads, she didn't need to turn to know there was now a gun aiming at her. She tightly closed her eyes as she tried to block everything out. She hoped Quinn and Adam hadn't received Jared's message - that they would be able to avoid the same fate as hers.

1542926885947.pngEvan watched as Faye and Grace were dragged into position. Of course, it was a shame the two women would have to suffer for Jared's involvement in all of this, but there was no escaping it now and Armstrong had sealed their fates long ago. Perhaps they knew every detail of the man's part in the IWU or maybe they didn't, none of it was relevant to Evan. It was time for a change of management and that meant Jared needed to be eliminated, taking any loose ends with him.

Catching Gideon's cue, Evan approached Faye and signalled for the goon behind her to step away so he could take his spot. His role in all of this had been planned some time ago and he'd agreed to his part, knowing some of his colleagues may have hesitated to take the shot. He aimed his gun to the back of Faye's head and glanced to Minnie to make sure she was ready too. He heard Jared's voice over Grace's sobs, the man pleading for his loved ones' lives. He heard the man mention Faye was pregnant, causing him to briefly glance to Jared out of the corners of his eyes. Whilst it crossed his mind that it could be true, it also occurred to him that the man was desperate and would likely say anything that would save his family. There was no time for doubt and Evan wasn't even moved by the concept of Faye being pregnant. After only a few seconds of processing Jared's words, Evan squeezed the trigger of his gun, which was still aimed at Faye's head. The loud gunshot echoed through the room...

Enzyme Enzyme (Gideon) Bellz Bellz (Faye, Minnie) Shireling Shireling (Jack)

Conor Sullivan

1542550997894-png.504946
Conor found it amusing when Aliana teased him for blushing. He couldn't deny it as the evidence was there right in front of her eyes. The fact she was able to make him feel the way she did made him certain his feelings were invested in her. He'd not felt like that around a woman in a long time. He usually had an overconfidence about him when flirting and never worried about being knocked back or let down. Yet, Aliana was able to bring some doubt into his mind and he found it genuinely refreshing to know that he was in the presence of someone he truly cared about.

Conor glanced down as she took his hand and he gently squeezed hers in return as they laced their fingers together. He looked back to her and returned the smile. When she told him she wanted them to wake up together and not rush off, that she wanted him, Conor quickly nodded his head in agreement. "I want you too, Ali. No more just getting drunk, sleeping together and then rushing off the next morning," he firmly told her, quickly nodding his head. He hopped down from the barstool and took a step closer to her as she remained seated. He kept hold of her hand but used his other to gently stroke her cheek with his fingertips. He then leaned in to place a kiss on her lips. Keeping his face close to hers, he spoke quietly but enough for Aliana to hear. "I've just about finished with my work for today. How about we have a date? Dinner, drinks, music... your choice, Ali. Let's do this properly, yeah?" he suggested.

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Aliana)

Faye Armstrong
Minnie Abernathy
giphy.gif
Faye’s entire body shook with fear, her bottom lip trembling as the men were told to line herself and Grace up. Her head snapped up again to look at Jared, terror reflected in her blue eyes. Confusion and fear was consuming her.She couldn't understand what her husband had done wrong, why they were paying the ultimate price now. Faye watched in horror as Grace was slapped across the face, ”Grace!!” She cried out as she began to sob, shaking her head once before the man behind her grabbed her hair roughly proceeding to drag her towards the wall. She was thrown against it with such force, she was sure there was a giant hole in it. With blurred vision, she was forced to her knees.
Jared was trying to plea, attempting to make the mad man see how horrible this all was, killing them all. Faye looked to Gideon and knew that nothing would change his mind, the steady calm exterior was a sign. Only psychopaths stayed so calm in such situations, he was getting what he wanted after all. Manipulated the situation to suit his own selfish needs.

Faye watched as Evan made his way over, positioning himself behind her. The weight of the gun barrel could be felt behind her head and Faye wasn’t prepared for what was going to happen. Regardless, she reached out and grabbed her daughters hand. “P-please! Please don’t do this! My babies, let them live! Let us live!”The woman squeezing it tightly as she tried to control the last breaths she would ever take on this earth. Her eyes looked to Jared, “Why?!”She asked her voice hoarse as her breath hitched in her chest. Not a second later, Evan took the shot. Blood and more sprayed out, coating everything in close proximity of Faye’s body as she fell with a large thud, dead weight against the floor. She would never get an answer to the question of why they were paying the ultimate price, she would never tell Jared and Grace how much she loved them. And Quinn, she would never get to say goodbye and that she love him. Just like that, Faye was nothing more than a body growing colder and colder as blood pooled on the floor.
hailee-steinfeld-marie-claire-2018-monochrome-4k-1024x749.jpg
Minnie watched in anticipation, her finger twitched against the trigger of her gun. Her eyes watched Grace like a predator observing its prey, studying, learning its behavior. At one point in her life, Minnie might have felt sorry for the poor girl. But it was a dog eat dog world, survival of the fittest. Grace was the mouse that feeds the cobras, and Jared was the rat. A wide smile appeared on the woman’s face as Gideon gave the signal. She practically skipped over to the girl, her hand reaching out to stroke her face, as her skin looked smooth.

The woman bent down slightly, and said in an eerily soothing voice, “shhhh doll, it’s alright, it’ll all be over soon.” Minnie then slapped Grace’s cheek lightly twice before taking her place behind her. Evan looked to her and Minnie looked back, nodding her head once. Growing tired of hearing the little brat cry, Minnie pulled the trigger at the same time as Evan. Watching as both bodies fell to the floor with satisfaction. Minnie couldn’t help the little giggle that burst through her lips, satisfied with her work. She looked to Evan and grinned from ear to ear, ”Good work, partner.” She said taking a few steps away from the bodies, now losing interest as they were no longer alive and scared enough to torment.

with: Jared + Grace + Evan Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Gideon Enzyme Enzyme ; Jack Shireling Shireling
mentions: Quinn Fletchawk Fletchawk

in memory of the Armstrong Family

Last edited:
~ Jared and Grace Armstrong ~
~ Evan Shaw ~

1542835880081-png.505990
As he remained kneeling up on the floor, the sound of the gunshots blasted into Jared's ears. Any hope he had that Evan and Minnie would show mercy was instantly wiped out in the second it took to execute Faye and Grace. Any silence that followed the murders was rapidly filled with the loud, heartbreaking sound of uninhibited and pained cries from Jared. He frantically shook his head as he silently begged for none of it to be real. His head dropped so he was staring to the floor beneath him and he placed his hands to the floor to hold himself up. He tightly closed his eyes and dug his fingernails into the carpet. Any physical pain from the beatings he had taken were practically blocked out by the pain in his chest caused by the heartbreak of watching two of his loved ones mindlessly slaughtered. Though it often didn't appear so, his family had always been the most important part of his life. James Porter had once pointed out to the man himself that he knew they were his weakness and it was now clear to see. Faye asked "why" and he would never get to give her that answer. To know his kind wife and sweet daughter had been wiped out because of his hand in the IWU made Jared wish to have been in their place. He would have taken any beating and any death to spare them from being harmed.

It was all too late.

1542926885947-png.506340
Not a single person in the room would have seen or even believed such a strong emotional reaction would have been possible from the now broken man on the floor. Everyone had seen only the calm, cold and calculating businessman who had at one time led the IWU. It could even be said that the very family he was mourning for hadn't seen Jared in such a vulnerable state before. As Jared remained on his hands and knees, it would appear the man had no intention of moving. With both his family and his business taken from him, the man's fight had been rapidly extinguished. He knew he was next and there was no escaping the fate that now awaited him. "You're all sick," he mumbled, blood dripping onto his hand from the wounds on his face. He slowly lifted his head to look directly to Gideon. "You're sick," he firmly repeated, in case he hadn't been heard the first time.

Evan had been glad when the cries of the two women had been silenced, not wanting to toy with them and prolong the whole thing. However, their cries were soon replaced with those of a much deeper voice, belonging to Jared. It would have irritated Evan, were he not captivated by finally seeing some kind of emotion from his former boss. Evan looked back to Minnie as she commended him on his work. She was a character, that was for sure. He gave a single nod in response to her grin and firmly patted her shoulder. It wasn't that he was specifically celebrating killing two likely innocent women, but he was in appreciation of Minnie's loyalty to their cause. "Same to you, girl," he told her, his face remaining serious. He stepped away from the two bodies and looked to the slanted photo frame hanging on the wall beside him. He used the muzzle of his gun to straighten the picture of the Armstrong family, the absence of Jared's son in the house having not escaped his attention but now being highlighted as he saw the lad in the photograph. Evan turned away from the wall and looked back towards Jared as he heard the man call them sick. He neither agreed nor disagreed with the sentiment, having long since grown desensitised to killing. He placed his gun back into the holster on his belt and looked to Gideon as he awaited the man's next move.

Enzyme Enzyme (Gideon) Bellz Bellz (Faye, Minnie) Shireling Shireling (Jack)

Last edited:
Peter Callahan
GenerousUnpleasantBunting-size_restricted.gif
Peter felt his wife's eyes on him as they waited at another light. The man looked forward however, setting his jaw as he tried to slow his breathing as well. Suddenly, she spoke and her words caused an immediate smile to form on his face. Slowly, he turned to look at her and he traced the features of her doll like face with his eyes, admiring her every feature. "Jesus Sin." He breathed out as he raised a hand to run it through his hair. He was amazed at the woman sitting in the same car as him, the one who married him and has stuck by his side for all this time. He couldn't believe how incredible she was, he certainly didn't deserve such a woman. "I love you," He murmured softly before his eyes turned to look at the road again.

***​

As they pulled up to the gates of their home, Peter leaned forward, his hear racing again as he took it all in. He was home, he would never have to sleep in a cell cot again, he could stay warm all night, have his own privacy. Unbuckling his seatbelt before Sinead even stopped the car, the man opened the passenger door and hopped out excitedly. Sinead slammed her door and Peter turned to look at her, fearing that she was still upset about what he had done in the car. Peter didn't know how to explain what he had gone through in there, in prison. Personally, he didn't want to talk about it with anyone. He just wanted to forget it all. Peter slowly walked with Sinead towards the front door, stopping as she did before she turned to him asking if they needed some time alone. As much as Peter loved the kids, he knew that at the moment, he was rather sensitive. The loud noises that his children always brought with them would be too much for him at the moment and he wanted to make sure that he was in a sound mind before greeting his babies. "Well, I guess I can allow you to spoil me for one day." He said teasingly, beginning to return to him old self again, "As long as you join me for that bath?" Peter then pushed the front door open and allowed Sinead to enter first.

Once the door was shut, the blonde man stopped in the middle of their entryway, taking everything in. If he was being completely with himself, he never really understood just how good he had it until he ended up behind bars. Sure, he was very grateful for everything the Porter's had done, but he never really thought about what he had versus what other people didn't. Being in prison, he had the opportunity to hear different stories from different people, putting things into perspective for him. As he stared at the staircase that would lead up to their bedroom, something brushed up against his leg and caused him to look down towards the ground, Ozzy the calico cat rubbed up against Peter, checking out the new person in the home with great curiosity. "Well hi there." Peter chuckled as he bent over to pick up the cat, "I hope my Emmy is taking good care of you." He told the cat, looking it over to see if it was well fed. "But I'm sure my lady right here is taking great care of you...she's amazing isn't she?"Peter looked to Sinead with a smile before setting the cat down and taking her hand, "The bath awaits my dear."

with: Sinead Misty Gray Misty Gray

th

Aliana Cartwright

There was a certain warmth being felt within Aliana's chest when Conor stood up and approached her. Her breath caught and she suddenly got nervous with him being so close to her, a sign that she really had feelings for him. There was a moment, when he reached his hand up to touch her face, that she hesitated and pulled back. It was concluded that the initmate physicality was going to take some getting used to as she leaned into his touch. "Well I mean, getting drunk and sleeping together is something I still want to do. Just don't rush off?" She smiled into their kiss with her own hand reaching up to rest on his chest. There was a small pang of disappointment when Conor softly pulled away. Ali wasn't ready just yet for the kiss to be over, but knew that there would be plenty of it in the near future. She nodded her head to his question and slid her barstool back to stand up. Her hands started messing with the lapels on his jacket as she looked up at him.

She was happy that she was here with Conor; that she was able to let her guard down around someone she could truly trust. It was a strange new feeling she was experiencing and while it scared the shit out of her, it was very comforting to know Conor was there. She trusted him with more than just any little thing, but she definitely trusted him with her feelings. Probably one of the only people she ever would let into her own world. "A date? I thought you'd never ask." She turned to one of the passing waitresses, asking her to pass on the message to Leo to watch the place and she'd fill him in later.​

Conor ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )

Carter Dresden

1c0abd7c43e8909d013f56efb110af9e.png
Carter let out a short snort when Arlene told him how eager her family was to get alone time with him. "Y'know, I don't doubt that for a second." He traced his finger across a small portion of the table aimlessly, before slapping it lightly. Sitting up, he adjusted the edges of his coat. "Related to a buncha' pricks," He said to her under his breath, looking around the cafe briefly. His attention was once again caught by the waitress as she placed his coffee cup in front of him. "Ah, thank you," he said, dismissing her. He looked to the piece of cake given to Arlene, causing him to roll his eyes slightly, although accompanied by a smile. "You and your sweet tooth." Despite the comment, he couldn't deny how good it looked. Without second guessing, he reached for the small tea spoon folded in the napkin. He used it to carve off a small piece on the corner, before taking a bite. He paused for a second for the after taste. It left a satisfying linger, which he acknowledged with a pleased nod. "Alright, that ones pretty good."

In a sudden twist, Arlene turned serious. She talked about how she wished every single member had been massacred in the shooting, even name dropping particular members she displeased. While her tone was hostile, Carter didn't appear to be fazed in the slightest. Rather, his eyes studied her features, as if her darker side did something for him. "God, your beautiful," he said with a crooked smile. "You won't have to hold your breath for Jared much longer either." He remarked.

Her cold phase passed and her more vulnerable side appeared, as it had back in December. "Oh yeah?" He chuckled when she called him a puzzle. "You're not so simple yourself, luv'," He stirred the teaspoon around on the cake plate, leaning over the table. He paused momentarily, tilting his head and running his gaze over her once more. "When I look into your eyes, I feel a dangerous heat. Like you want to kill me." He leaned closer, as if analyzing her further. "But past that, I see something softer. Maybe something not so tattered, but something you're afraid to be seen." And as quickly as it began, it fell - his sudden inquiry dropping. He leaned back in his seat, shrugging. "But maybe that's just what I see."

Misty Gray Misty Gray (Arlene)

Sinead Callahan

1542313253957-png.504059
Sinead was pleased when Peter agreed to let her spoil him for the day. After the tense atmosphere she'd felt in the car, he seemed to be coming back into himself again. She understood he might need to gradually settle back into the house before being bombarded with noisy and curious children, which is why she'd already told the three of them they'd need to stay patient a little while longer today. When Peter suggested she joined him in the bath, she was caught off-guard and remained on the doorstep for a few seconds before playfully nudging his arm. "Oh, Petey. You're terrible," she shyly told him, her cheeks blushing a very deep shade of red. Still, she hadn't actually refused and the fact she bolted the door from the inside once it was closed suggested she didn't want anyone coming into the house to disturb them.

She watched him as he seemed to be reacquainting himself with their home. She smiled brightly when he acknowledged the small cat and picked the pet up. "If anything, Emmy is taking too much care of little Ozzy," Sinead said, briefly stroking the cat's back. "Well, I do all of the feeding and the cleaning. Emmy does the cuddling... so much darn cuddling!" she said, rolling her eyes. She giggled when Peter called her amazing and held her smile as she watched him place Ozzy back down. Her husband then took her hand and reminded her of the bath she'd promised him. "Yes!" she enthusiastically agreed. Back in the car, she'd felt quite disheartened, but now she was seeing the Peter she knew returning to her and it reinforced her excitement about their reunion. She'd been longing to have her husband back in her arms for so long and this day had finally arrived.

1543026322159.pngSinead set about filling the bath, letting Peter take a little time to unwind in their bedroom as she kept an eye on the water and clipped her hair up. After a short while, Peter had heard Sinead shout for him to join her and when he entered the bathroom, he would find the redhead already in the bathtub waiting for him to get in. Sinead watched her husband and couldn't help but admire his more toned physique as she now saw it all in the flesh. She'd always been attracted to Peter and hadn't ever thought he needed to change anything about himself, yet now he was somehow even hotter than she thought possible. Still, all of that didn't stop her from noticing the scars on his torso that hadn't been there six months ago. Not wanting to put him off from enjoying the warm bath she was treating him to, she masked any concern from her features and chose not to mention it for the time-being. "Get in here, Mister!" she playfully ordered.

After spending as long in the bath as they both desired, they eventually got out of the water. Sinead wrapped a towel around herself and once Peter had been given chance to get out too, she placed her hands on his damp shoulders and leaned in to give him a long, passionate kiss. Once they stopped, she took a small step back and glanced down to his body again. She reached her hand out and lightly traced a couple of the scars on his torso with her fingertips. She then looked to Peter's face, her own expression now appearing somewhat solemn. "What happened in there? What did they do to you?" she asked, her voice almost a whisper but certainly loud enough for Peter to hear.

Bellz Bellz (Peter)

Arlene Sullivan

1542319661830-png.504106
Arlene caught Carter rolling his eyes at her cake and quirked her eyebrow at him in return. "Now you know about my sweet tooth, my secret's out, huh?" she remarked. She watched him as he took his spoon and proceeded to taking a piece of her cake for himself. She allowed him to do it, but it didn't mean it wasn't going to come without some kind of snarky remark. "Well, I'm glad you like it. I just hadn't realised you Commie lot wanted a piece of everything - even down to my cake," she teased him. Whether she shared some of his beliefs or not, it didn't mean she was going to hold back from ribbing him. Still, she nudged the plate a little in Carter's direction so he could continue to help himself. Meanwhile, she used her own spoon to scoop some of the dessert up for herself.

The blonde swallowed the cake and carefully set the spoon down on the edge of the plate. Carter's compliment about her being beautiful caught her slightly off-guard and she let out a small laugh. Whilst she had received many such compliments in the past, they were said in more derogatory manners and with words less gentle than "beautiful". Thankfully, he shifted the subject to Jared before Arlene could think too much over his words. "Good riddance," she coldly replied. "His family will be better off without him," she sincerely added. She'd met the man's family and believed the three of them to be good people.

Arlene shrugged her shoulders when Carter gave his initial observation of her. "That's because I probably do want to kill you. Or, at least, I should want to," she confirmed to him. She'd be brought up as a fighter and trained to be a killer. She'd had to show no weakness or hesitation to her enemies. She'd had to be willing to pull the trigger, without even contemplating forming any attachment or pity for the victim. But Carter went on to mention he could see a softer side to her and she had to wonder if Dublin was making her soft. More accurately, if both her brother and James were making her soft. After their father died, Liam hadn't been giving her anything important to do back in New York. Meanwhile, James had only just started to give her jobs for the business in Ireland. It had been far too long since she last got to use one of her guns and she missed the thrill of the hunt. Without it, she had too much time to think and to allow emotions to escape her. It seemed even Carter was now able to recognise it.

Arlene cleared her throat and this time she leaned forward towards Carter. "Maybe there is more to me than killing people. Strip that away and I guess we're still human, like the people around us." She shook her head before tilting it to study Carter again. "Why are you the one to notice? Does anyone else see your many layers?" she quietly asked him. "And more to the point," she began, her voice returning to its normal confidence, "if we're not together right now to kill each other, then why are we here?"

Enzyme Enzyme (Carter)

Last edited:
James Porter

1542396970135-png.504342
James was pleased to hear Nathan assure him his position within the business was more than just a job and that he would protect his family. "Technically, you've already started, mate," he informed his new employee. "Officially, though. How about starting tomorrow? I'll be heading out to make a few stops visiting some of my business associates and I'd like you to join me. You'll get to meet some of the people I deal with and have a small tour of the city," he informed him. It would be clear he didn't mean in the capacity of a sightseeing day trip around Dublin but more an opportunity to show him the parts relevant to the Porters' business.

Porter sat back and placed his arm around Lucy's shoulder again, gently rubbing the top of her arm for a moment. "You feeling alright?" he asked her, wanting to make sure she wasn't tired due to how far along with he pregnancy she was. He then took another look around the club, taking in the faces of those around them and noticing Aidan was still trying his luck with the singer. The thoughts in the back of his mind were very much still focused on the election and the fact he needed to get his contacts out to gain intel on the IWU's next moves, given that Jared had lost out on the mayor position.

James turned back to Nathan and Lucy, bringing a smile to his face. "How about the three of us head next door and grab something to eat?" he suggested, referring to the Sky Haven restaurant.

@LateForDinner (Nathan) Bellz Bellz (Lucy)

Jack Brady
agitator1.jpgThe intense knotting sensation in Jack's gut would not abate, even as he tried to avert his eyes from the Armstrongs. When Gideon addressed him, he knew that it was either put up and shut up or end up a body on the floor. A lump of lead rose up in his throat as he obeyed the summons of the armed man, and he stood stock still and locked his knees to resist the urge to squirm away as Gideon placed his hand on his shoulder. Silently, unable to swallow, he watched Evan drag Faye to the wall and shoot her like a dog. Then Minnie did the same to Grace. Jack flinched with every gunshot, always louder than one expects it. He directed a glance laced with scorn as Evan congratulated Minnie on her cold-blooded murder, but then turned his eyes towards Jared who began to mutter, "You're all sick." He was righter about that than he had been about anything else since Jack had known him.

Whether it was his knees or the sight of the two women with their skulls blown open, he felt the acute urge to vomit and had to choke back a particularly painful bit of bile rising up in his throat. He stood some ways apart, and looked towards Gideon like everyone else, wondering what their new leader would do with his defeated predecessor.

Misty Gray Misty Gray Bellz Bellz Enzyme Enzyme

Rudy Meyers
Rudy Meyers.jpgRudy watched as Ryan disappeared following a youth into a backroom, glad that the hunting dog was on the trail. He thought about following, but decided that he might be able to press Richard to make things easier for both of them. After all, sneaky people sneaking around just as they walk in is a fairly suspicious sign. Rudy leaned against the counter, not drinking the pint just yet, and made eye contact with Richard.

"Look, Richard, I know. I know that it's hard times for little guys, and your margins are thin. But order always comes from the top to the bottom, and the little guys like you and me - we're important. But if we start acting like we own the joint, well, it starts to get chaotic, dangerous even." He paused to light up a cigarette. "So I'm gonna make this easy for you. My associate back there," he hooked a thumb in the direction of the door Ryan exited through, "if he finds anything that shouldn't be in this establishment. You know, accounts, chips, stash boxes with absurd amounts of money in them, well... Lemme put it this way, if you spill it now, on my word as a gentleman I will tell Mr. Porter that all of this was just leftover from the last debacle. You'll owe me, but it will be easy." He blew smoke. "Or you can lie, say you don't know anything, and if we find anything back there I'll shatter your spine just like I did your no-good goon."

Misty Gray Misty Gray Fletchawk Fletchawk

Gideon Burnell

5b777c60-dcfe-11e6-806d-a7422c46f328_jm.gif
The loud gunshots resonated like the flash of a camera. Bright flashes of light filled the room, a loud crack accompanying them, and they were gone in an instant. A wave of shock hit the loyal guards and servants. To see their former bosses, who they had humbly served for years, put down like feral dogs, was something they wish they had never had to witness. Most looked away - other's couldn't force themselves to. Grace's corpse had strewn across the wall in an awkward position to make everyone in the room feel uncomfortable on her behalf. Her fingers still twitched, her mangled hair covering her face - making it appear that she was still breathing. One of the armed, masked guards walked up to her and pressed the weight of his foot against her side, forcing the corpse to fall down - as they all suspected, she was dead. To be safe, the man fired two shots into her back. The corpse shook violently with each shot, but then laid like a cold, lifeless doll.

Gideon hadn't flinched from the gunshots. His undisturbed face said it all. As Jared called them all sick, Gideon moved his hand from Jack's shoulder and used it to gently push the stray hairs from Jared's face. "Look at this house," Gideon spoke, his deep voice bouncing off the wall. "The money made off the backs of our hard working brothers and sisters went into constructing the perfect castle for a man with unquenchable greed." As he spoke, his rugged fingertips continued to softly stroke Jared's face.

"You were born into wealth, but shed crocodile tears for our suffering." As he continued, his voice gradually turned from tranquil to stiff and assertive. "A wolf in sheep's clothing, you were never a part of us, but simply a man who chose to manipulate those hardworking families." He paused momentarily, allowing his words to sink in. In a shift, his voice returned to a soothing, comforting tone. "And with that, Mr. Armstrong, I relieve you." His hands, like cunning pythons, smoothly gripped onto the back of Jared's skull and his lower chin. In one swift moment, it was all over, for even the snapping sound was brisk.

Gideon allowed the body to fall naturally on it's own. Instead of resting the man down out of respect, he released him as he would a heavy object he'd been lugging around for far too long. "And here we are," He spoke to Minnie, Evan, and Jack. "The proletariat has been given a voice back." He didn't offer a reassuring smile, but only a seldom nod. His head then looked to the armed men, still holding the servants and guards at gunpoint. "Do it." With his word, the mass execution ensued.

Misty Gray Misty Gray Bellz Bellz Shireling Shireling

Jackson McCarthy

gyllenhaal05.jpg
Jackson noticed he wasn't occupying all of Syd's attention, causing him to look over his shoulder at where the kid's eyes would occasionally fall to. He looked back to Syd, who was still off in his own head. A slight shove to the kid showed that his lack of attention had caused him to not distribute his weight properly, leading him to fall to the grass. "Not good, Syd," he chuckled, offering his hand to help the boy up. "Don't let the nanny be the reason you get your arse kicked." He patted the kid on the shoulder, partially dusting the leaves off of him. "If you were to walk around Dublin with her at night, you'd best expect trouble. Pretty girls always attract it." He stood back into a fighting position, expecting Syd to mirror him once more. "Now, come on. Focus." He shifted lightly on the balls of his feet, bouncing his weight back and forth.

"When throwin' punches, it's never a good idea to lean into them. It'll throw you off balance and besides, the power doesn't come from up top," Jackson said, patting his chest. "It comes from the hips." Jackson centered himself, raising his fists to his face. "Put your weight on the opposite foot of whatever hand your throwin'." Jackson slowly threw three punches in a demonstration, having a steady rhythm to them. One. Two. Three. Jab. Cross. Lead-Side Hook. "And when you do it, make sure the opposite hand is always protecting your face. You act like a cocky littl' shit, and your toothless arse will be sippin' food through a straw."

"Now here's the combinations I want you to get used to," He said, stepping back into his stance. "Jab. Cross. Hook. Cross. Shuffle-Hook to the body." As Jackson spoke he demonstrated each punch, remaining balanced in his stance. He stepped back, watching Syd throw the respective punches. "Get comfortable with these. Engrain these in your memory." He crouched down, resting his weight on his knees. "Soon I'll have you boxin' one of the guards, and I'll make sure they don't pull their punches neither."

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Syd)

Last edited:
The Archers Pub
The Duncan Gang: Johaan and Richard Duncan (brothers); Patrick (cousin); Vernon (cousin). +3 NPCs

The young glass collector had been quick to get down to the basement to warn the six poker players of the Porters presence upstairs. They'd been given just enough time to stash the poker chips, piles of cash and record books away out of view. If Ryan was to find himself in the basement, he would indeed see a poker table but it would show no signs that a game was in progress. Instead, Johaan, Patrick, Vernon, along with three other men, were sat around a regular wooden table drinking and conversing. The glass collector, meanwhile, was standing by a stack of cardboard boxes which contained stock for the pub upstairs; snacks, bottled drinks, the usual stuff, it appeared...

Richard shook his head as Rudy began to speak about the little guys. "Thing is, I do own this joint. This pub's mine, fair and square. Belonged to my old man before me... long before the Porters took over the city. Don't get me wrong, James is alright and you lot are better than some of the wankers who have been around and likely still are around, but I'm trying to run a peaceful business here." The man rested his hand over one of the beer pump handles as he watched Rudy light up a cigarette. Rudy then got down to the finer points of his purpose for visiting the pub. He pointed out Ryan was looking for anything untoward. There was no doubt in Richard's mind that it was the gambling rackets again. This was soon followed with threats of violence if he didn't admit to any 'wrongdoing'.

Richard was sure the guys downstairs had been alerted by his young employee by now and would have managed to hide any evidence. "You and your friend are welcome to go down to the basement. You've been there before and Conor's been plenty of times since. You will find my brother, cousins down there, along with some of their friends. They'll be down there drinking and perhaps even playing some kind of game, but purely for fun. We all know the rules by now." Richard shrugged his shoulders. "They get a bit rowdy and it's off-putting to newer customers, so I let them make their racket downstairs." He pointed towards the door Rudy had moments ago barged in through. "I had two lovely ladies in here just now and they don't need to hear the filth that Vernon spews," he remarked, flashing a smile. "Long story short, you can go downstairs and you will find guys drinking there. It's not a crime."

Shireling Shireling Fletchawk Fletchawk

Last edited:
Kennedy Sullivan

Kennedy met her gaze and tried to remember out the detail of her eye colours while he further on remained on his spot. He tried to control his distaste for a stranger and let it not mix up with the instant sympathy he felt for such a dubious and interesting lady as this woman was. His mind actually remembered the name, McKenna. It was the daughter of old McKenna, that giant of a man, a truly big ball of muscles. Though he did not find it needed to mention this information to her, she was a foreigner to him and thus had to be treated like one.

As their eyes met, the hair on the neck of Kennedy started to rise, she indeed had an intense gaze and effect on him, which on the other hand angered Ken. Women were never the main aspect of his life, one could even say that he despised a good amount of them, possibly connected to the early death of his mother. Yet he kept his manners when in the proximity of women and was feeling true despise to only a selected few. One could also say that he could not even afford the time for a woman by his side, though he had affairs once in a while, which ended in either him quitting because of stress or all the way around.

After all, I ain't gay, Kennedy thought, trying to remember his time in the army where the absence of women brought up thoughts in the heads of his comrades. Thoughts he despised and could never affiliate with.

It was obvious that the seated woman tried to impress him or at least show him that she is not someone of a lower status, and yet he only felt amusement of the fact that she spoke so freely of her duties for James. Even if this was the Porter house, information wasn't supposed to be spread that easily, at least that is what he thought. He stepped closer to her and took a gaze on the paperwork she was handling, perhaps even entering her personal space a bit too much as he peered over her shoulder, briefly reading what was written down for the name Nathan Bennett. His hands grasped around the backrest of the chair, almost touching the back of the woman most likely, as he shifted his weight on the chair slowly. "A gangster Lady you are then, that's fine by me", he said a tad too emotionless, seemingly trying to show that he was not impressed, something he did to once again visualise his stance towards her.

"Did Brian treat you right at the gate?" He asked first, it appeared to be a rather caring question, as he knew how that I'm uncultured could act towards women, not responding to her assumption yet as he glanced down on her now, no longer interested in the paper. After that he simply added: "I am an advisor, your assumption was indeed right, Miss McKenna."

Pyroclast Pyroclast

Users who are viewing this thread

Back