• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A Family Affair: The Irish Mob - IC (Ended)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Hannah-John-Kamen-hannah-john-kamen-39869855-500-333.jpg
"I care about very few people. Be glad you're one of them." She said in all seriousness. The amount of people she truly cared about was very limited, and she wasn't looking to add more to the list. She didn't really plan on caring about these people, just working with them but over time, it just seemed to happen. There was a bond; some that were a lot more positive than the others, but there was still a bond with everyone. Part of her was proud of it and the other, not so much for unknown reasons.

At the mention of worse things hazardous to his health, she laughed in agreement. "You're right there. Although, your little habit would probably kill you before your occupation did." She wasn't really trying to lecture him on anything, her years of lecturing long over due to Leo. Instead, trying to inform him. It truly was a horrible habit that she wished no one ever picked up but alas that was not the case.

She nearly choked on her drink at the mention of her being a mother. A quick knock on wood ensured she wouldn't be jinxed in getting pregnant any time soon. "Had to make sure you don't jinx me." She joked. As things turned a little more serious, she started playing with her half empty glass. "Well, as much as I love working for James and all that, I wish I never got into it." There was a slight pause before she took a deep breath and looked at him. "He's a smart kid, you know? I want great things for him than doing illegal work and intimidating people and such. Don't get me wrong, I love it sometimes, but because that's how I was raised. It's how I'm built." She sighed as she tried to explain. "Leo wasn't. He's never seen this before and he may think it's all fun now but when shit hits the fan, he'd have a mental breakdown." She was being brutally honest about her brother, knowing him better than he knew himself.

James Porter

63e831901b1f03a838ab296215d17b8a-jpg.400733
James watched Nikolai as he looked to the family photographs. He was a smart man and one who'd spent enough time around the Russian by now to know the message he was going to proceed to put across. He barely got time to mull over the fact the children couldn't possibly have his nor Lucy's eyes. It was a thought overshadowed by Nikolai specifically mentioning Delilah. By now, he would have smashed in the face of any man threatening his family, but Nikolai wasn't any man, so such thoughts had to remain behind his stone cold expression.

James nodded in agreement as he mentioned his own men didn't fear him enough and that they were disposable. It was a fact that things had worked quite well through trust and respect, up until now, but James wasn't going to deny the Russian was right. There was only so much he could allow before he had to bring out the relentless James that had fought his way through prison and Chicago many years ago. Only, now he perhaps needed to channel some of the more ruthless traits of some former foes. "You are quite right, Nikolai. I've given people the benefit of the doubt for long enough, so more aggressive action is needed to remind them of their place in all of this."

A faint smile crossed his lips when the Russian said he would be around for Lucy's birthday. That was sure to be a treat, but he figured Persephone would keep him company for some of the time. "Have a good evening," he wished him.

James made a few calls to find out where Tommy was. The kid wasn't late, but his presence was now needed immediately. After finishing with his calls, he stopped in the doorway of the dining room and signaled for Jackson to join him in the lounge. "Jackson, I need you to get started on tonight's jobs. Tommy is at Aliana's restaurant and I've told my guys to make sure he remains there until you can pick him up." There was a clear edge to the boss' voice. Having his family threatened had brought both anger and urgency to him, though still pretty well contained. "I need you to make sure the message we're sending gets across loud and clear. So do what we agreed, but I need more..." He glanced to the photograph Nikolai had been especially interested in. "Alec Finnegan has always been quite vocal about not wishing to pay for the protection. He's one of the men planting the seeds in the others to not pay up. So I want him dead and I want it done tonight. Then hang him up as a display in his store window for all I care. Just get the message across to his friends and leave no question that this is a warning to the rest." James looked his friend in the eyes. He was about to ask if he was comfortable with that, before reminding himself this was business and he was expected to follow these orders. "Take a couple more guys with you and make sure Tommy doesn't bottle it. This is only the first message and in the coming days I'll be making my presence known to anyone who still refuses to pay." He glanced to the clock before sending a single nod in Jackson's direction. "Thanks, mate."

Before he had chance to return to Lucy and Conor, James heard someone near the staircase. He made his way out of the room to see Delilah looking for him. "Hey, girl. Are you alright?" James asked his daughter, a warm smile now on his face. She was one of the people motivating him to take action and he would take all of the steps needed to ensure her safety. He placed his arm around her shoulder pulling her close, and turned his head to look to her face. His expression grew concerned as he felt she wasn't entirely happy right now. "You're good, right?"

Enzyme Enzyme (Nikolai, Jackson) nymphadora. nymphadora. (Delilah)

Persephone Adrien
8B68A145-8300-48D2-8E77-0CB2D7B044AD.jpeg

Persephone smiled warmly at Nikolai’s soft words as the small displays of affection began to feed Persephones need for his touch. “I get worried when I don’t hear from you.” Persephone says as she walks beside him back into the Porters home.

Persephone was about to speak again when Nikolai motioned to Jame that he wanted to have a talk in private. Persephone always knew that Nikolai’s visits were more to do with buisness than coming to visit her but it was better than not getting to see Nikolai at all. She waited for Nikolai to finish with Mr Porter as buisness always came first with those men. While Persephone was waiting she spotted Mrs Porter with a rather annoyed expression on her face as she was talking to Coner. If Persephone knew one thing it was that you don’t get on the wrong side of Mrs Porter. Ever.

Persephone stood up straight again when Nikolai appeared again as he gently guided her towards the front door as the pair left the house. As Nikolai spoke Persephone once again felt warmth in her chest “Nikolai, I miss you from the moment you step off the Porter Grounds.” She says her tone was soft as if even thinking about him leaving was painful. The pair continued to walk until they were out on the street and then Nikolai did something that shocked her as he took her hands in his and told her his worries for her safety. “Indeed. Ireland is becoming unsafe but The Porter Family is going to become stronger and regain control. Please don’t worry.” She spoke as she reached one of her hands up to his face caressing it gently. “Just focus on keeping yourself safe. You’ve got many more enemies than myself.” Persephone says as she intertwined her hand with his as she gently pulled him to walk along with her.

Enzyme Enzyme

Mentions: Bellz Bellz (​

delilah porter

tumblr_ojpd6vx12d1tfwr1no1_400.gif

☆ where:
home

☆ with:
james

☆ tags:
Misty Gray Misty Gray

delilah fluttered her long lashes as she heard her father call out to her. she plastered a convincing, yet uneasy smile on her lips before nodding to his question. "Yup, all good here," Delilah smiled with a slight chuckled as she wrapped her lanky arms around him. After a moment, she unravelled her arms from her father and slipped the loose wisps that tried to escape from her bun behind her ear. Delilah raised one eyebrow as she tried to think of a topic to distract her from her uneasiness, "What are we doing for mom's birthday?" She asked, "besides the massive party you and Arlo planned." Delilah joked while walking towards the kitchen while grabbing herself a glass of water.

Carefully, Delilah's listened to her father's words as she drank the glass of water, hoping to maybe flush out the bad feeling in her stomach. She stood there quietly, her fingers anxiously fiddling with each other and after waiting for her father to finish speaking, Delilah spoke up once more. "Dad? Is uncle Conor okay?" Her voice slightly wavered with nervousness, her gaze flickering between James and the ground as she spoke.

witchery™

F A L L ON // ROMANO

place ;; home.
tags ;; neverbackdown neverbackdown
mentioned ;; michelle.
A big grinformed on Fallon's lips as she watched Michelle's eyes lit up with excitement, "That's my girl," Fallon exclaimed with pride, slamming her hand on the counter lightly as she began to scurry around the room. She first started in the kitchen, looking at the highest shelves for any chocolate or snacks. Fallon's eyes studied the stash of chocolate she found on the top shelf before swiftly grabbing it and placing it on the counter. Fallon shot a glace towards Michelle, raising her index finger at her niece as a way to say 'Wait-a-moment' before scurrying off into her bedroom once more. Fallon pulled out the hidden whiskey bottle from her draw and spent five minutes searching for a specific movie.

A coy smile grew on her lips when she finally found the tv guide hidden under a pile of old sketches. Fallon quickly grabbed the movie and the bottle of whiskey and reutuned back to Michelle, placing the guide in front of her with a grin and her finger pointing at a specific title. "The Curse of Frankenstein!" Fallon cried with excitement, her eyes gleaming with pride, "One of my favorite and all=time best horror movies," She smiled, glancing towards Michelle for her reaction, "Your mother has been hiding the good shit for years and it's my job as your aunt to show you this wonderful world, come on," Fallon nodded her head as she made her way to the tv. Fallon crouched down and began to twist knobs and dials until the tv came alive with the movie halfway through.

tumblr_oshifjn5C81szvyemo2_250.png
tumblr_oshifjn5C81szvyemo7_250.png
tumblr_oshifjn5C81szvyemo1_250.png
tumblr_oshifjn5C81szvyemo3_250.png
witchery™

Last edited:
Chief Inspector Conway

1519128267596-png.403284

Conway clenched his fists as Montag started to speak. Before more was said, the man fired the gun and sent a bullet ripping into leg. "Fuck..." he man hissed before groaning in pain. The expression he sent the lawyer whilst clutching at his bleeding leg was a mixture of what the hell and great pain.

The Inspector shook his head as Montag continued to speak. Or was it more along the lines of rambling like a deranged madman? "Never mind prison. You need sectioning," he snapped back, breathing heavily as he tried to regain his composure. He didn't get much time for that when he was shot again and this time in the stomach. He clutched at his torso as he stumbled back and stumbling backwards, only the wall behind him breaking his fall. "You won't get away with this, you little shit," he threatened him, struggling for breath. As his blood-soaked hands pressed against his stomach wound, he looked around to see if there was anything he could use to his aid.

ReverseTex ReverseTex

James Porter

63e831901b1f03a838ab296215d17b8a-jpg.400733
James managed a genuine smile as his daughter chuckled and wrapped her arms around him for a hug. After growing up without his mother in his life and his now dead father never showing affection of the sort, James vowed it would be different with his kids. Whilst his destiny to live a life of crime had been written since birth, he made sure he wouldn't follow in his father's footsteps; where affection was discouraged. He cared for Delilah, along with his other kids, which was why it was of vital importance to protect his family. It crossed his mind from time to time that his role of the mob boss would be far easier if he didn't have any family. He could take more risks and not need to worry about those he loved being punished for his own failings. But they were far from a burden. In fact, the main reason he even stepped up as the boss was because he did want to protect his family. Having loved ones made him value his own life, which he never did when it was just himself and nobody to live for. The Porters, Sullivans, Callahans... they completed him and inspired him to fight. If that meant outsiders had to suffer and he had to make difficult decisions, then so be it.

Apparently, Delilah wanted to shift the subject from her troubles, so James would let her have her way on this occasion. The evening had been taxing enough. He placed his hands in his pockets as he watched her get a glass of water. "What do you mean besides the party? Isn't a big family party and gifts enough?" he asked her. Though he mostly kept a straight face, there was the slightest glimmer of a coy smile on his lips. Whilst he believed the party would be more than enough, he had intended on a surprise for Lucy and he was going to keep that surprise to himself.

Still, none of this distracted him from the fact there was definitely something Delilah was holding back on, but when she asked about Conor, he figured she must have heard the heated words aimed at him. She was clearly anxious about the situation. "Conor's fine, Delilah. You know he likes to drink and that often leads to him getting himself in trouble. Sure, people mostly joke about it. We all know he's a great person and he loves this family to bits. But he can't keep getting into trouble and risk ending up in jail. We've tried getting through to him before, so your mother had to lay the law down with him this time - for his own sake." James sighed and briefly glanced to the floor. "We've all just got to support him through this. Lucy and I will likely be tough on him until he sorts his head out. You and the others can help him simply by continuing to be your usual selves with him.... Just don't worry. Conor has been through a lot in his life and he eventually finds his way again."

nymphadora. nymphadora. (Delilah)

Tagging:
Conway - Misty Gray Misty Gray

Mentions: -
OOC:

tumblr_onmxweewny1tyr2z8o1_500.gif

M O N T A G

Montag watched Conway curiously, as he struggled, groaned, and cursed at him. Sectioning? I’m smarter than this bloody deadbeat would ever be, and he thinks I needs asylum? To hell with that. The Inspector’s constant clawing upon air, desperately searching for a nonexistent object to gain the upper hand, amused him. “That’s the best you can do for last words? Pitiful...” With a disappointed sigh, he sent the final shot in Conway’s chest, ending the nuscence of a man.

Still nothing...? Hmm.... Studying the crime scene before him, he knew that the gunfire would dry suspicion to the apartment. It couldn’t be suicide, the shots wouldn’t match.... Domestic? Yes! Montag looked at the body of Conway, the three shots good enough to look as if it were a struggle. Natasha would have then pulled herself a chair, then killed herself out of guilt... But the restraints? Montag quickly hurried himself to her body, diligently removing the makeshift restraint, which happened to be his own tie. Tucking the tie in his pocket for now, he carefully set the gun near the chair. The shock of the gun would’ve knocked it from her limp hands, making the placing perfect....

Montag quickly slipped from the apartment, the bloody massacre he wore luckily concealed by the darkness of the night. Slipping into his car, he slowly awoke the beast, allowing it a moment to purr softly, before carefully maneuvering it from the parking spot. Leaning an elbow against the door, he turned the radio a tad, the quiet ballard background noise for his thoughts. An interesting test indeed... I haven’t felt remorse, nor any sort of twang like before? Maybe that’s why i’ve avoided violence! That firey feeling i’ve always had! I had misinterpreted it completely!!

Chuckling to himself, his lips following in a slow whistle to the song along the radio. And in the distance of the rear view, the colorful blues and reds radiated upon Dublin’s streets...

Thomas Dempsey

llj-png.404121
Tommy grinned when Ali said he should be grateful to be one of the few people she cared about. "Oh, I am grateful, believe me," he assured her. "You think the smokes will kill me before my job does? I'd put a bet on that, only, I'd be too dead to collect the winnings... No, I think working for that crazy family will do me in first." Speaking of which, he glanced to his watch to check he hadn't lost track of time. Thankfully, he had a little more time before he needed to head to Porter residence to start working. He wasn't expecting that Jackson would be coming to get him shortly.

A brief laugh escaped him as Ali knocked on wood to ward off the idea of becoming a mother. He decided against pressing the matter further, figuring she would know her own mind and he wasn't qualified enough to tell her otherwise.

"Do you really think Leo wouldn't be able to handle it? I'm sure James would appreciate someone smart on side. Just be careful Leo doesn't just go behind your back and do it anyway." Tommy sighed. "I know it's dangerous, but it's still better being on the side of those who are running this city, don't you think? I was in my perfect little life and so far removed from this only a few years ago, but now I'm spending my night's guarding a family of gangsters." He laughed a little. "I'm probably just being biased. The family helped my father and me out a lot after my mother's murder. I owe James big time."

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Aliana)
Mention: Enzyme Enzyme (Jackson)

Jackson McCarthy

Jake-Gyllenhaal-Source-Code.jpg

He had been conversing with Conor when Nikolai finally came out of the room, James following close behind. He raised his eyebrow at James, noticing that his whole demeanor changed. Something had really spooked him. The subtly of his orders were no more, but Jackson nodded along without any hesitation."Right, consider it do- Wait you want me to hang him from his shop's window?" This was pass the line of being bold. Committing murder was one thing, but parading the corpse around like a piñata was incredibly dangerous. No matter how tight the Porters had their grip on the Police Department's neck, the chances of getting arrested and charged with this was higher than he felt comfortable with. Despite this, he wasn't one to question James' ethics. He had gotten them this far - James must know what he's doing. He shook his head lightly as he thought it over, before looking back up to James. "Alright, i'll get on it." Jackson moved for his coat on the rack, before looking back to the family. "I'll see you all tomorrow." He gave them a sincere smile, able to control his rapidly beating nerves.

Jackson's 1959 Vauxhall Cresta sped down the narrow Dublin roads. He was still processing the fact that James wanted him to put a corpse on display instead of disposing of it. Someone going missing was just as likely to spook people into reissuing their protection contracts, but it was clear James wanted to send a real message. Had he really let people's disrespect get to him? Jackson was so caught up in his thoughts, that he almost missed Montag's car parked on the side of the road. SKREEETCCCCHHHH! Jackson's Cresta came to a sudden halt.

He peered inside of the car from his passenger window. Montag appeared to be sitting there with an emotionless stare on his face. A passing car's headlight illuminated the inside of the Advisor's car, revealing his clothes were bloodstained. "Jesus christ!" Jackson jumped from his seat and slid over the hood. He slammed his palms on Montag's car as he was ready to pull him out. As he got closer, however, he noticed the blood didn't appear to be his. Confused, he tapped his knuckles against the window. "You 'right, mate?"

Misty Gray Misty Gray (James) ReverseTex ReverseTex (Montag)

Tagging:
Jackson- Enzyme Enzyme
OOC:

M O N T A G

I keep a close watch on this heart of mine
I keep my eyes wide open all the time
I keep the ends out for the tie that binds
Because you're mine, I walk the line...

Montag whistled along to the smooth American music, his eyes fixated upon the road ahead. His home wasn’t for a good ways, the perks of living in the country he thought momentarily. I wonder if the stars are out tonight...? He wasn’t in a large hurry to get home, so why not take a moment to smell the roses? Slowing down his BMW 507, the sleek black coat slowly engulfing into the nights fingers... Emerging from his car, his hazel eyes glanced upwards as he prowled to the hood of his car, leaning against its hood as he stared above.

Stars... Always something relating to destiny. Montag thought silently, his eyes fixated upon the millions of.... The sudden blinding light of headlights interuptted his moment of solace, causing him to peer away from the vast space, and to the road. The sudden screech of the tires made the man wince, his eyes squinted at the ferocity of the headlights blinded him momentarily. The voice of a familiar friend, Jackson, was the only recognizable detail.

I’m fine I promise, it’s not mine... On the way back from the office, I heard gunshots from a duplex as I was driving by. I stopped to see what the commotion was, and it turned out to be a bloody street fight! Drunks tried to rough me up! Orphanage proved handy to say the least...” The Porter family knew of his history in an orphanage, but not the dirtier details... His records led them to the belief that he had been adopted at age 11, which suited him fine.

Montag smiled, knowing the poor man was most likely still worried. “But I just wanted to look up at the stars, and just think. Something you don’t do enough of Jackson...”

Jackson McCarthy

Jackson watched closely as the Advisor's gaze slowly traced to his. The man's bloodshot eyes looked as if they had stumbled upon a ghost. He watched his facial expressions closely as he explained the story. His alibi was odd enough, let alone the fact that he was sitting in his idling car and star gazing. "Right..." Jackson slowly drew out, slightly squinting his eyes. He suddenly shifted up from the car and looked both ways down the street. Pausing for a second, he bit down on the top of his tongue.

He crouched back down to eye level with Montag. "Well, i'm off to do some dirty work." His statement sounded as if there was a question attached to it. He was still completely taken aback by the state this usually calm and collected man was in. He looked past Montag into his car, looking for a bloody bat or blade he was hiding. His eyes soon met his once more. "I'll catch you tomorrow...." Jackson moved his hands off the side of the car and stood up. He then turned around and started to slowly make his way back to his humming Cresta.

ReverseTex ReverseTex (Montag)

Tagging:
Jackson- Enzyme Enzyme
OOC:

M O N T A G

Montag watched Jackson with his usual careful eye, although under the surface his gears were turning. He knew Jackson was weary of his story without studying it, but he knew if the man thought through it, it would make sense. He enjoyed helping people, hence the original reason he took James Porter’s case. He also enjoyed drives, and any member of the Porter family could agree with that.

Look up at the sky, it’s actually quite intriguing tonight...” Gesturing to the sky as Jackson began his walk back to his own car, his ears perked at his task. Another chance to watch... Montag made his way to his own car, pausing at its door. “Wait! As much as I distain this families violent tendinces, I wish to at least understand its purpose... If that makes sense? Mind if I tag along?”

Jackson McCarthy

Jackson stopped in his tracks, staring off straight ahead for a couple of seconds. He then looked over his shoulder at the blood-stained Montag. He curiously tilted his head at him as he overthought his request. "Sure," escaped his lips. It wasn't so much that he was covered in someone else's blood or that he was star gazing, it was more the fact that those two were occurring at the same time. What, he just got in a huge fight, got his vest and face covered in blood, and then decided to star gaze? Montag wasn't the violent type... Right? He quickly shook the puzzled look from his face, motioning Montag to his car with the tilt of his head.

As Montag climbed into the car, the familiar smell of wet pennies wafted off of the blood stains on his clothes. "If you beat the bastards too badly, I suggest burnin' those clothes. We wouldn't want Conway breathing down are necks again, would we?" Jackson whipped through the open roads, the haze of the streetlights temporarily illuminating the car, before leaving it in darkness. He pulled off of the road and shifted into the club's parking lot. "Stay in here. I'll be back." Jackson threw the car in park and climbed out into the chilly air. He stuffed his hands into his coat pockets and made his way into the pub.

As usual, the pub was vibrantly buzzing with customers at this hour. He pushed his way through the crowd, before spotting Tommy at the bar with Aliana. "This bloke isn't bothering you, is 'e?" Jackson joked, resting his hand on Tommy's shoulder. He looked over to him, quickly motioning him out the door. "I'm afraid he's mine for the night." He walked Tommy out the doors of the pub and into the parking lot. "Right, we have a lot of work to get done. It all needs to be done in the cover of darkness, so we'll have to use our time sparingly." He climbed back into his car, allowing Tommy to get in the back. "Montag will be joining us for... Encouragement." He smiled to Montag, before starting the car once more.

ReverseTex ReverseTex (Montag) Misty Gray Misty Gray (Tommy)

Last edited:
Thomas Dempsey

1519445443198.pngTommy was surprised when he saw Jackson approaching him. His initial thought was to wonder what he'd done wrong, given that it wasn't often he was tracked down in his private time. When the man joked with them, it eased him a little and brought a smirk to his face. He nodded as it seemed he'd be going off to work with Jackson tonight. "Now, Ali. This one here is the worst kind of trouble-causer," he noted, playfully rolling his eyes at Jackson. "Still, that doesn't stop me from helping to keep that trouble going." He knocked back his brandy and hoped down from the bar stool. "Look after yourself and I'll see you tomorrow. Maybe ask James if Leo can go to the party with you. We could try scare your brother out of any ideas of joining the gang." He gave the object of his affection a parting smile before reluctantly leaving with Jackson. He hadn't been warned of having to do anything different tonight, so was rather curious.

Tommy nodded his head as he was told they needed the darkness on their side for this job. "Oh, please tell me we're finally bumping of Conway," he half-joked. Only half, because he was growing more agitated with each day the crooked Inspector was walking the streets. He got into the back of the car and wasn't sure what to make of the lawyer sitting in the front passenger seat. He'd got the impression this job was something messy and violent, so Montag's presence was a surprise. "Encouragement, huh? Well, I suppose if we get caught we won't need to call our lawyer!"

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Aliana) Enzyme Enzyme (Jackson) ReverseTex ReverseTex (Montag)

Lucy Porter
tumblr_oo1d8kVTZ41qdpkdoo1_500.jpg
Before Lucy had the chance to respond to her brother, who was trying his best to apologize to her and make her understand his ways, a visitor stepped foot into the dining room, capturing everyone's attention in a thick smoke of tension before James stood. Lucy nodded her head in greeting towards Nikolai and offered him a small smile of thanks for saying something about the dinner that Conor was clearly trying to choke down for her benefit. Meeting James' eyes, she nodded again before letting the men leave the room and head elsewhere. Lucy was left alone with Conor and herself now and the blonde ran a hand through her hair, tugging at its roots slightly to gain a sense of reality for a moment. Her eyes shifted to her brother, who was still bravely trying to help her by eating the dinner she had slaved over.

Sighing, she moved to sit in a chair across from him not saying a word as she leaned back in her chair and raised an eyebrow towards him, beckoning him to proceed with his meal as she silently watched, making sure he would finish every last bite. After watching him struggle for a few moments though, it was clear that something was wrong. The foolish and lovable light that always haloed his physical form was flickering, Lucy felt guilty for not noting it a lot sooner. Perhaps she was losing her emotional touch...her teeth clamped down on her lip as she shooed that pesky thought away; focusing back in on Conor. Leaning forward and resting her elbows on the table, she sighed again, giving in. "Oh stop it." She murmured before reaching out and pulling his plate away from him. "I'm afraid I can read you like an open book...somethings wrong..." Lucy looked from left to right, wondering if her children were snooping about at the moment.

Conor had seemed hesitant before...as if unsure to say something in front of others. Lucy loved her brother and they have always been close, she cherished the moments she could help him with anything...especially advice. "What is it? Come on now, spill. I don't want to have to break out the good brandy just to get your trap moving.." She teased offering him a soft smile, letting him know she wasn't angry...only worried.

Peter Callahan
941819e37e982d6209a0d7a9cf60f872--hayden-christensen-cover-photos.jpg
Peter was more than relieved when his family was able to make it to the car safely. The drive home was normal, at least Peter kept having to tell himself that it was. The clenching of his jaw and the thoughts that rolled through his mind like thunder were frustrating as he struggled to keep his cool. It shouldn't have bothered him so much, he knew this...it wasn't anyone's fault, and they had beautiful Savannah because of that whole mess before he even came around. But still feeling like he was second was something that he just couldn't seem to get over. The drive was quieter than usual...and that was the reality of things.

Peter watched as Savannah ran off to find Vittoria, the poor nanny who had to help out with the rascals. A small smile played on Peter's lips, feeling grateful the nanny was around when Sinead and him needed her. Sinead's voice caught him by surprise, although her words didn't. She could read him better than anyone...he cursed himself silently for not being better at the whole "poker face" stuff. His face painted a picture of his emotions...at least in front of Sinead. Business was different...but he didn't do that shit anymore. Peter's heart broke as Sinead began to get upset over worrying about his feelings. "Whoa whoa....hey." He murmured softly and wrapped his arms around her tiny frame as she embraced him. "I know...trust me, I do. For some reason I just can't forget about it. It will always be in the back of my mind. But I know how much you and the kids love me and I love you all so so much. I'm just being stupid. I love you okay? " His hand reached out caressed her cheek while his thumb traced her lower lip.

Jackson McCarthy

The drive from the populated pub to the small neighborhood was rather quiet. Jackson wasn't so much nervous for the Ballymun brothers, as he was for the hit afterwards. A lot of strange events had taken place tonight; the Russian gangster randomly stopping by, James asking him to publicly display a corpse, Montag covered in blood. It was almost as if everything he had expected had been turned on it's head. His thoughts were cut short by the sight of the address on the mailbox. Jackson slowly crept the car just in front of the streetlight. "I'm guessing you'll wanna' stay in the car," he said to Montag. His gaze from the Advisor traced to Tommy in the back seat. He gestured him out of the car, before stepping out as well.

They both approached the slim stairs to the front of the small apartment. Before reaching the door, Jackson pulled a paper bag with a sawed-off double barrel inside from his jacket. "Now, these blokes are quite big. If they start getting rowdy or something happens, pull this shotgun out and point it at 'em," He got close to Tommy sticking his finger in his face, "Now, don't shoot 'em, just scare 'em wit' it." He kept his eyes on Tommy to make sure the point was very clear. He then calmly lit a cigarette and placed it in his lips.

Stepping up to the doorframe, his knuckles pounded on the fragile glass. Seemingly with no response, he pounded on the glass once more. After a couple of seconds, footsteps approached the door. From the window he could see the eldest brother, Reggie, in front of him. Reggie gave him a rude glare before opening the door. "G'day," Jackson said with the cigarette in his mouth. He looked behind Reggie to see his brother Donald behind him. He offered him a friendly nod before looking back to Reggie. "I've been told yous' was messing' with poor Mr. Patrick down the road. I assume, you know he's under our protection. You must be off ya' fuckin' knocka' to pull something like that." He couldn't help the chuckle from escaping his mouth, seeing how ridiculous this all was. "Now I have to come down here at this ungodly hour to sort ye' out."

Misty Gray Misty Gray (Tommy/Reggie/Donald) ReverseTex ReverseTex (Montag)

Last edited:

Tagging:
Jackson- Enzyme Enzyme
Tommy- Misty Gray Misty Gray
OOC:

M O N T A G

Montag had decided to follow Jackson in his own car to the pub, then ride with the man the rest of the night. The drive was short, and peaceful on his part. Sliding into the passenger seat once he had parked his car, he smirked at Jackson’s comment. “Or I could go lay them out to dry on his front door step eh?”

Once again, he waited in the car as his colleague left to retrieve Tommy. I wonder if the bloody cops have even told their employer of the incident...? He thought silently as shortly later the two men emerged from the pub, and entered the car once again... His presence had been quite awkward now that he thought about it, but, it never hurt to experiment...

Montag and the others shortly arrived at the scene, noting Jackson’s assumption he’d stay in the car. As much as he didn’t want to, he gave the man a quiet nod. He needed to play the part now that he understood himself, his family didn’t need to know of his new hobbies. “Just give a good shout if you’re in any particular trouble.”

Thomas Dempsey
NPCs: Reggie & Donald Ballymun

1519445443198-png.404671
Tommy followed Jackson out of the car, nodding his head as he received his instructions. He was pretty strong and muscular himself, but he figured the two brothers in question must have been bigger for him to receive the warning. He hoped they both weren't built like Conor because that would warrant such a warning. "Sure, just for show," he agreed, taking the shotgun from Jackson. He wasn't against shooting someone should they attack the Porters, but shooting people on their own doorstep wasn't appealing, so he was glad they weren't doing that tonight...

"What do these idiots want?" Reggie muttered to his brother, before opening the front door. Reggie was more the lead where the double-act was concerned, but both were prone to being vocal and violent. Reggie folded his arms as he listened to Jackson speak up. His eyes briefly fell to Tommy, who unfortunately had received confirmation the brothers weren't far off being Conor's size. "Old man Patrick? The guy's got a screw lose, pal," he man's cocky voice mimicked Jackson's cockney accent. "Thing is, we're not scared of you, your friend here, nor James Porter himself. Patrick should have stood with us and refused to renew too. We're not scared of you, so you might as well turn around and do one."

"You're not sorting shit out here," Donald added. "Bring Porter's eldest daughter next time and I'll sort her out. You know what I mean?" he taunted Jackson.

Tommy practically rolled his eyes. This wasn't going to end well and his night was turning out to be far different to what he'd expected. Still, these assholes deserved whatever they would get. He felt pissed off on James' behalf that Delilah had been crudely dragged into the discussion.

Enzyme Enzyme (Jackson) ReverseTex ReverseTex (Montag)

Jackson McCarthy

Jackson let out another chuckle as Reggie and Donald proceeded to taunt him and bring Delilah into this. "Well, if that's that." He turned to Tommy, pulling the cigarette from his lips. He offered it to the young lad, before giving him a wink as well. Suddenly, the man spun into Reggie. Jackson, being an ex-boxer, had the precision needed to take down the guy almost twice his size. It took two quick and powerful right hooks to the kidneys to send Reggie doubling down to his knees. In a quick motion he cocked his arm back like a spring, ready to fire again. Jackson could feel Reggie's nose separate into pieces under his three knuckles, emitting a sickening CRACK! Blood shot out of the man's nose and splattered across Jackson's neck and face.

He pulled Reggie up by his collar and threw three more blows to the cheek to leave him lopsided in the morning. He then finally let go of the big guy, allowing him to collapse onto the ground. Jackson, catching his breath, crouched down to his eye level. "Listen closely, you disrespectful prick." Jackson's bloody hand pulled the Walther PPK from the back of his waistband and stuck it under Reggie Ballymun's chin. "We're not playing' games no more. You come near Mr. Patrick, or any stores under our protection, again and i'll come done 'ere and finish ye' off my bloody self. Got it?" He asked, clicking back the hammer to the pistol. "Good, now fuck off!" He slammed the butt of the pistol against the side of Reggie's head, putting the man to bed.

Misty Gray Misty Gray (Tommy/Reggie/Donald) ReverseTex ReverseTex (Montag)

Last edited:
Conor Sullivan

untitled-png.400739
Conor had acknowledged Nikolai with a nod. The Russian was intimidating, sure, but Conor had once seen his compassionate side too. Whilst he didn't doubt the man wasn't there for pleasantries, Conor held no disdain towards him. Soon enough, Conor and Lucy were alone in the dining room, meaning he no longer felt outnumbered and set upon. When his sister pulled the plate away from him and made it clear she knew something was wrong, he simply nodded his head as confirmation. He too checked nobody else was present or trying to listen in to the conversation.

Conor ran his hand down his face, brushing his fingers against the bristles of his beard. He took a deep breath as he prepared himself to tell Lucy the truth. They'd been through a lot by now and he knew he could confide in her, even in times where he knew she would punch him for his latest confessions. He wasn't sure how she'd take what he had to confess right now. "I bumped into Alex Romano a few hours ago. She's been living in Ireland for years now," he began, seeing if he could gauge Lucy's feelings towards that revelation first. "We had to talk, which is why I showed up late for dinner. She's, um... she's got a kid. A girl, named Michelle," he told Lucy. Despite his nerves and growing fears about his lack of capability as a father, Lucy would still catch the faintest fond smile that Conor didn't realise he'd displayed. "The girl is nearly ten. She's... Um... She's my daughter," he admitted. Been able to tell Lucy was more of a release than he'd expected and he couldn't hold back his emotion as a stray tear ran down his cheek.

Bellz Bellz (Lucy)
Mention neverbackdown neverbackdown

Sinead Sullivan

hnfg-png.400734
Sinead quickly nodded her head as she tried to fight back her tears and listen to her husband's words. It always broke her heart to think how much the past still got to him. She wished she could make those feelings go away for him so he could truly be happy. She sighed as he assured her he knew she and the kids loved him. "I love you too. So much. I just want you to know the past will never get in the way of how I feel about you," she told him. She moved her face into his hand as he caressed her cheek, finding comfort in his gentle touch. She then let out a decisive sigh and relaxed her shoulders. "We're going out tonight. Just us two. We can quickly get changed and spend some much needed time together. How about we go to the jazz club, listen to the music and let people wait on us there for a change?" Sinead's big eyes looked into his, demanding an answer and hoping the answer would be "yes".

ezgif-5-dd03e048a9.gif"Mummy. Daddy. I want a cat!" the adorable little voice suddenly spoke up. Sinead looked down to see Emery stood waving excitedly at them. Sinead looked back to Peter and allowed a laugh to escape her. The child's appearance had surprised her and knocked the tense feeling far away in an instant. "Daddy?" Emery asked, holding out her arms to be picked up by Peter. She was perceptive to her parents' sad feelings, so wanted to hug it out of them.

Bellz Bellz (Peter)

Thomas Dempsey
NPCs: Reggie & Donald Ballymun

1519445443198-png.404671
Tommy accepted the cigarette from Jackson, pretty sure he knew why the man needed to be relieved of it and to have both hands free. He cocked his head to the side as he watched the former boxer start laying into the large idiot. A smirk crossed his face as he heard Reggie's nose crack. Jackson really went to town on the guy and it was completely deserved.

He noticed Donald looking ready to enter into the fight, so Tommy pulled the shotgun into view and aimed it directly at the Ballymum's head. He shook his own head and displayed an expression warning him against joining in. As Jackson warned Reggie against threatening Patrick and others again, Tommy allowed his finger to stroke the trigger, clearly in Donald's view. He had no intention of firing, but he simply wished to keep the guy from attempting to attack him or Jackson.

"Ouch," Tommy remarked as he watched Jackson knock Reggie out with his pistol. As they walked away from the house, Tommy did so by walking backwards and keeping his gun trained on Donald for as long as possible. When they reached the car, Tommy nodded to Jackson. "Well, that went pretty well, I thought," he concluded. He expected they were now done and would be heading back to the Porter residence.

Last edited:
Jackson McCarthy

Jackson ignored his bleeding knuckles and stood back up. He was glad to see Tommy was being smart with the shotgun. He liked the way this kid worked. "That goes for you too, mate. Don't make me come back here and do you both off." He loosely aimed the pistol at Donald, before shoving it back in his waistband. He walked with Tommy back down the stairs, seeing Montag had indeed stayed in the car. After climbing back in, he let out a exasperated sigh. "Well, that was a lot of fuss, wasn't it?" He asked Tommy, flicking his knuckles dry.

"Right, we have some more work to do, unfortunately. See down 'ere boys?" Jackson pointed to the line of shops as he slowly drove. "Montag has a list shops that aren't resigning our protection fee. James wants us to rough the places up a bit." He sneered as he turned onto the street, slowly rolling by all the targeted shops. "I have some dirt to take care of and this is more than a one-man job." Jackson pulled up onto the curb, sending the idling car into park. He then turned around, intently looking at the pair. "I'm gonna' drop you lot off here and let you get to work. Give me an hour and i'll meet you two back here." Jackson looked up to Montag with a smirk. "Hope you don't mind getting any dirtier than you already are."

He let the pair climb out of the car as he rolled his window down. "Break some glass and stuff, but don't completely ruin 'em. Also, not that you two are the crowd, but don't steal anything. That's not why we're here." With that, Jackson threw the car in drive and drove off down the empty road. This was what his anticipation had been building up to. He would've brought the two a long, but seeing as this was extremely risky, everything had to be perfect.

Misty Gray Misty Gray (James/Ronald) ReverseTex ReverseTex (Montag)

Tagging:
Jackson- Enzyme Enzyme
OOC:

M O N T A G

Montag’s icy hazel eyes glanced upon the rows of shops, the list of the ones wishing for no protection rolling through his head. Pam’s Pasteries, The Finch.... All family-owned, locally run, businesses. Glancing to Jackson as he idled the car, he sighed as he heard he was to have to help smash the shops. A very boring task compared to his earlier crusaides, but nonetheless something.

Sliding out of the car, Jackson almost immeidantly speeding away. Guess we all have secrets eh....? A amused scoff escaped him, before realizing he wasn’t alone. Turning to the younger man, Tommy, he began to roll his bloodied cuffs. “I don’t carry bats on me, so i’m afraid i’ll be quite ineffective at the moment. If you smash that small market right there-“ Pointing to it a few blocks down, “I’ll be able to find something hopefully. If not, then i’ll get myself a bottle of vodka, paid for.”

Thomas Dempsey

1519445443198-png.404671
Back in the car, Jackson gave further instructions of the businesses James wanted them to smash up. It appeared their duties on the streets were not yet over. Tommy raised a curious eyebrow when Jackson said he had his own job to do but didn't ask for elaboration as he could tell when someone wanted to keep such details private. "Good luck with your side job," he spoke up. When he was warned not to steal anything, he shook his head. "What do you take me for, mate? I'm not a cop," he remarked.

Tommy pulled a scarf up to hide his face, before he retrieved the crowbar from the back seat beside him and got out of the car right before Jackson sped off. He listened to Montag, whose appearance tonight was still a curious affair. The man explained he was ineffective without the bats and would find something to use. Tommy nodded, before walking a few feet to the nearby old stone wall. He pulled out a couple of loose stone, balancing them in the palm of his free hand, before walking back to Montag. "Found something," he said. He smirked as he handed the stones to Montag. He wasn't sure if he even expected the lawyer to get his hands dirty on this job, but perhaps having the right tools would now give him a nudge to do so.

After getting himself a stone big enough to do some damage, he walked towards the small market, he stopped as he passed the furniture shop belonging to the Ballymuns - the top of the list as far as he was concerned. He lobbed the brick through the store window before using the crowbar to smash up the door handle and frame, then kicked the door open. He used the steel crowbar to smash some of the mirrors that were on sale and damaged some of the furniture on the display. He'd spent more time on the Ballymuns, given that they'd been such dicks earlier and spoken crudely of James' eldest daughter.

Making good used of the the bricks and crowbar, Tommy did a number on a few more of the businesses. Just enough to get the message across without putting the families in charge too far out of pocket. From what he understood, this was a warning and he knew James was a fair man. He just hope they'd all pay up now and allow things to remain relatively peaceful. Tommy was aware of the hits that had been carried out whilst he'd been working for the Porters and he knew James got his own hands dirty when needed. He hoped things wouldn't come to all of that on this occasion. Things had been good lately.

As he walked looked over his shoulder, Tommy noticed some lanky guy looking awfully interested in the exposed stock of the shoe store. Tommy marched straight towards the man and grabbed his throat whilst slamming his back against the wall. "When I let go of you, you're going to keep walking, or I'll smash your face in. Unless you want the Porters on your back, nobody steals this shit. Understood?" he asked, to which the man quickly nodded his head. Tommy released him so he could scurry off down the street.

Alec Finnegan
NPC

Alec was working in his tailors shop a little later than usual, having been fixing up his own suit for a hot date he was having tomorrow. The thirty-year-old was an attractive man. Tall, dark and handsome, with a great dress sense. To look upon him, one would expect the man to speak and behave like a true gentleman. Those who did know him were fully aware that wasn't quite the case, that he was an arrogant, brash and aggressive man, who had been willing to very vocally refuse the Porters on numerous occasions. But he was a man whose ignorant bark was worse than his weaker bite.

Jackson would come upon the shop, located on the quiet and more expensive side of town. All of the other shops were in darkness and the door to Alec's shop was locked with the sign reading "Closed". However, the light of the shop's backroom was what gave Alec away, like a spotlight shining upon him, advertising Jackson's prize to him.

Enzyme Enzyme (Jackson)

Last edited:

Tagging:
Jackson- Enzyme Enzyme
OOC:

M O N T A G

Montag took the stones the young man found with a raised eyebrow, amused by the proposition. Chuckling, he took them, although contemplating if he’d really use them. This is a pointless act, one that could cause these families a headache of bills... Smashing this, what’s the point? I guess a bottle of vodka wouldn’t hurt right now...

Making his way to the small shop, he paused momentarily at the glass, studying his reflection. He hadn’t realized till now how much blood he truely had upon him; his face, his suit, everywhere. Running a hand through his hair for good measure, he began to take a few steps back, preparing for the throw. One... Two... Three! Counting in his head, he threw the rock on the third count, the remnants of the window flying across the street.

Montag smiled, slightly amused with his childish act. Carefully he stepped across the shards, letting himself in the store through the window. Making a direct line to the achohol, he picked the finest bottle of vodka the establishment had, then made his way to the counter. Taking one of the stones Tommy had given him, he quickly thumbed the amount needed for the bottle, then placing the rock on top. He wasn’t the type of man to steal, and he never would.

Exiting the store, his head tilted back as he sipped the icy clear bervage from the bottle. Spotting Tommy with a stranger he made his way over, although by time he reached him the stranger was gone. “Before you get your feathers ruffled, I payed for this. Now, i’m not a big fan of this type of work, but i’m stuck here eh? Continue on.” Taking a seat on the curb, he scoffed quietly to himself, amused by the nights earlier events, and where he sat now.

Last edited:
Mallory Porter
74a843310a45e3dc28c50ed2dd148d46.jpg
Since she had no school today, Mallory had spent the majority of the day hanging around town with some of her friends. They hadn’t really done much other than lounge in the park and discuss some up and coming parties. Which reminded her she needed to talk to Jackson about getting her some drink. She rather enjoyed the relationship that the two had, he bought her alcohol and drove her to and from parties when she asked. She knew it was a safety entail on his behalf but nevertheless she was glad about it .

As it started to get dark, Mallory said goodbye to her friends and decided it was probably time to get home. She knew there would be hell to pay for missing the family dinner but she didn’t really care that much. She could say she was studying at a friends or in the library. There was always ways to get around these situations. As Mallory came around the corner onto the market square she immediately heard the sound of breaking glass and raised a curious eyebrow as she made her way towards the sound. She watched as one of the men threatened a passerby and heard her families name being mentioned, not that she needed to hear that. She had spent so much time around these men that she knew already from their build who they were. Mallory pulled her hat down lower before pulling up her hood so that her face would remain hidden from any passerby’s.

“My my , sick of digging us out of crime that you’ve decided to join it?” She asked Montag with a coy voice as she approached the men, she eyed the blood on his face and vest but decided against mentioning it, considering she could tell on inspection that the blood wasn’t his. A devious smirk played on her lips as she came to a stop beside them. “Having fun?” She asked.

Misty Gray Misty Gray
ReverseTex ReverseTex

Mentioned Enzyme Enzyme

Users who are viewing this thread

Back