• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A Family Affair: The Irish Mob - IC (Ended)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Alexandra Romano
rs-28021-mila-1800-1393435369-60977267-1832-4c01-92cf-b6f77b23412e.jpg
Alex smirked “I believe we were meant to meet again but I say the time was all Karma for all the sneaking around and lying we used to do” she said with amusement clear in her voice as she thought back on her fond memories of the past and all their secret outings.
When Conor gave her his sympathy , Alex shook her head with a fake frown “Awh no” she moaned “how will I deal with two of you running around” she teased but a playful smile was still evident on her face.

“I know your ma will not accept me but I just hope she doesn’t take it out on Michelle” Alex mused with a frown however an amused look took over her features as Conor described what Shannon would do to him “she was always a very calm woman your mother” Alex laughed. While Shannon did have a temper Alex always looked up to the woman in a sense she held a air of strength around her and Alex did admire that.

When Conor stood up and approached her, Alex watched him carefully as she slowly put the coffee cup down on the side table beside her. She listened to him speak and a small smile played on her lips as she stood up to meet him. Without saying a word, Alex decided that her action would speak louder to him. She leaned on her tiptoes and kissed his lips gently. All she hoped was that she somehow hadn’t picked up on the situation wrong.

“IT WORKED ROCCOO” the sudden giddy voice would frighten both Alex and Conor

(Mallory coming soon I promise)

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Jackson McCarthy

rsz_jake-dubai-17dec15-04.jpg

Jackson watched the car pull out of the trap, moving to the side of the building unscathed. Despite the target being gone, the gunfire continued to hail in his direction. Jackson decided that he didn't have time to dissemble the rifle and made a run for it. As he turned to escape, he could hear the banging on the roof door, held shut by a broom through the handle. Jackson's only assumption was that they had found the building. His mind raced as he looked for a way off of the kill zone, knowing the wooden handle wouldn't hold forever. His eyes locked on a suspended flower pot, hanging from the window of a hotel room. Without thinking twice, he sprinted off in it's direction.

Just as his feet left the brick, the sound of the wooden broom cracking emitted from behind him. His gloved hands grasped the sides of the hanging pot, flinging him towards the fire escape. He quickly caught the metal sides, causing the frame of the fire escape to shake violently. Through the sound of his beating heart, he could hear the shouts from the men above. He quickly dropped from the metal, catching the rail below. He continued to drop from section to section, the visibility of the car getting clearer.

He let go from the final metal box and sprinted towards the car. As he rounded closer to the window, he could see his reflection. Pieces of concrete that had been blown off the edges of the building had cut his face, leaving multiple marks behind. Without hesitation, he threw open the door and climbed inside. "G'day, ma'am," Jackson said, trying to regain his breath. He quickly disengaged the empty magazine from his handgun and slapped in another slide. The men from the street had sprinted to the side of the building, trying to spot their car. Jackson leaned out the open window and let a couple of rounds fly in their direction.

Misty Gray Misty Gray (Thomas/Nora) Bellz Bellz (Peter)

0332ebf46f5bc6cab5e7e53c87478aa3.jpg

Eli had ordered by the time Ciara walked in, cutting into a plate of lasagna. He looked to her with a nod as she sat, returning his attention back to his plate. "Not too bad. Had a run in wit' ol' James," Eli said with a mouthful of the pasta. His eyes shifted back to her as she began to apologize to him. He was glad he wasn't the only one uncomfortable there. Ciara was good at putting on a show, he assumed she was content mixing with the aristocrats. "Nah, he didn't seem dat' way to me neither," Eli shook his head lightly, cutting into the lasagna with the edge of his fork, "He told me it's apart of 'growing up'." He looked back up, his hazel eyes locked with hers, "To be honest, he never looked so childish to me... Trying to impress his friends."

As the waiter walked by, Eli stuck his hand out to catch his arm. "Could I get another slice, please? Benny really outdid himself this time." As the waiter nodded to him, he shifted back in his seat. "Ol' Jamesy' is still blood, though, and bloods thicker than water. So, if you kill him, i'll be very upset." He continued to cut into his food, looking at his utensils as he talked. "His preppy friends may be a buncha' fat fairies, but I gotta' respect his lifestyle." The explosion at Jackson's apartment hadn't bothered Eli. To him, the more chaos that occurred, the more likely James was to return to his old ways - pressure had a way of doing that to him.

Misty Gray Misty Gray (Ciara)

Mallory Porter
dove-cameron-no-makeup-8.png
Mallory smirked at their reactions, she loved watching the way people reacted to different things and the way that events, news or stimuli could produce such a response, thus why she kept dropping bombshells this evening in a very casual manner. “She’s...” Mallory was cut short as Emery voice could be heard. Mal watched Skye leave the room before turning to her brother.

Mallory smirked as she watched Syd’s defensive side come out in relation to Delilah “it’s Leo and no talking is necessary Syd he’s a sweet kid” before Syd would have time to react the explosion was as clear as day in the sitting room. Mallory’s eyes went wide as she looked at her brother before running towards the window. “What the hell was that?” She asked him, her voice came out as eerily calm but you could tell by her expression that she was a little startled. Mallory heard Skyes voice and turned to face her, she was about to speak when Syd beat her to it and asked for a phone

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Pyroclast Pyroclast

James Porter and Sinead Callahan

1522706072876-png.420846
When Lucy asked more questions about Ciara, Sinead stuttered and was about to respond when she was cut off by Rudolph's arrival. Her thoughts were then split netween shock at learning James had explosives and her trying to piece together if Ciara was behind her security guard's beating. This was awful, she knew that much.

James looked up at Rudolph as he joined them and spoke up. He was glad to hear the explosives hadn't originated from his stock. Still, that left open the question of where they did come from. The suggestion that it was the Russians came up, causing James to temporarily look away as he thought over that idea. He wasn't sure if Nikolai would go that far to make a point when he was already getting the money he felt he was owed by the Porters. He certainly doubted the Russian would join forces with Ciara, a woman who only wanted to satisfy her own causes and wouldn't bring in much in terms of profit. "Well, Rudy, that's a question I'm going to have to ask both Nikolai and Ciara. I get all of the best jobs," he remarked.

89967300ad94381c4d9c2fdd41965750-jpg.414128
James turned to Lucy, seeing the worry on her face. "It's okay, we're going home," he reassured her. He then leaned in closer, placing his hand on her shoulder as he moved close to her ear to speak quietly. "I don't have time to explain, but don't be surprised when you get home to see Leo and Delilah together. They're... together..." he told her. The married couple were passionate about honesty and James felt he'd already missed the opportunity to tell her about Peter, so he didn't want her thinking he'd kept Delilah's love life a secret from her too. He placed a kiss on Lucy's lips before moving away and focusing back to the group.

"Ali, trust me, Leo's safe." James also stood up and moved to Aliana's side. "I left Leo back at my place so he could hang out with the kids. But I'll call home, just to make sure they're all still there," he reassured her. James didn't give time for argument as he walked over to the telephone. He hated keeping secrets, but it wasn't his place to starting telling her about Leo's love life and it certainly wasn't on his list of priorities right now.

Once he'd made the call, James returned to the group. "The kids are all safe and at home. As is Shannon," he said, glancing to Lucy with a optimistic smile. "She won't let them go anywhere."

James told Rudolph and Aliana to accompany Lucy home in her car, not wanting anyone to travel alone. Meanwhile, he would take Sinead and drive closely behind Lucy. He doubted anything would happen, but he preferred to take no chances. Before any of them got into the vehicles, he also gave both cars a thorough inspection in case there had been any nasty surprises left for them.

Bellz Bellz (Lucy) Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Aliana) Shireling Shireling (Rudolph)

Shannon Sullivan

1523125254930-png.423294
Shannon followed Delilah's gaze to the wine glass and raised it in the air without the slightest sense of shame. "Darling, I have a sixth sense which means I can locate a bottle of wine from a mile away," she remarked, bringing it to her mouth and taking a sip from the glass. "I always have the right idea. Perhaps you should treat yourself to a glass too. Or is that against the rules?" she asked, trying to recall if James let the kids drink in the home.

Shannon grinned as Delilah explained Leo was her boyfriend as well as throwing in the matter of his academic achievement. "Ahh, cute and smart. A pleasure to meet you, Leonard." She couldn't help but laugh when he said he had her down as an aunt. "Aunt? Leonard, dear, you can charm me all you want. It's good to meet you too." Shannon was playing nice with the boy as she hadn't caught them in any awkward positions and they were being honest with her. Still, she was sure she would get plenty of time to embarrass him later.

"A bomb?!" Shannon repeated, a frown growing on her face. She'd spent over three decades involved in gangs, so the news barely shook her. "You believe a bomb has gone off outside and your first thought it to go outside? Over my dead body, Delilah. You're staying in this house."

The telephone at the top of the stairs began ringing, so Shannon took it upon herself to answer it. "Ah, James. Where are you?" she asked. She was about to follow up with a teasing remark but his voice sounded serious. "Yes, Delilah and Leonard are home... Yes, Brian told me Mallory and Syd are with the nanny at Sinead's place." She listened on to the brief explanation about the explosion at Jackson's place and that nobody was to leave the house. "If you find out who's to blame, I'll rip their fucking head off for you, love."

Shannon ended the call and turned to the two teenagers. "Neither of you is allowed to leave the house. James and Lucy are on their way home. Aliana is coming too," she said, looking to Leonard. "I don't know about you two, but I'm going to wait in the lounge for them. Actually... come downstairs with me. I don't think Lucy or James wants to walk in on you two getting amorous," she teased, then headed downstairs. She had to get at least one embarrassing comment in!

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Leo) ElectricDandellion ElectricDandellion (Delilah)

James Porter, Shannon Sullivan and Sinead Callahan

Both cars would reach the Porters' house without trouble. Before James got out of his car, Sinead placed her hand on his shoulder to catch his attention. "I'm going to pop back to my place to check everyone's okay and then I'll come back to yours." She wanted to be around when Peter got back or if there was any news about him. It was also upsetting to her to know Jackson's home had been destroyed and she wanted to offer him a place to stay if James didn't. "Also... I'm sorry for ranting at you. I just get so worried, about everything, and I wanted to take it out on you."

"Sinead, it's fine. We're good. Just accept that Pete's tougher than you think and the job he's doing now is for a good cause."

James got out of the car after Sinead had, watching her briefly as she headed to her own house. He then noticed one of his guards hanging around and beckoned him over. "Brian! Take my car," he said, placing the keys into the man's hand. He then retrieved a piece of paper from his wallet, glancing to the address written on it. "I need to you bring Conor home. You'll find him at that address. Tell him it's not optional - we need him here, right now," he firmly ordered.

James then caught up to the others, placing his arm around Lucy's waist and placing a comforting kiss on the side of her head.

James, Shannon, Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Leo), ElectricDandellion ElectricDandellion (Delilah), Bellz Bellz (Lucy), Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Aliana) Shireling Shireling (Rudolph) are now all at the Porters house. Hopefully I included everything and gave you all things to go on. I won't post for James or Shannon until tomorrow, so you'll got chance to catch up and such.

Ciara Hennessy

1523137706607-png.423432
Ciara raised a curious eyebrow as Elijah mentioned he'd had a run in with James, but she wouldn't ask him for details, figuring he'd tell her if he wished to. "A part of growing up?!" she repeated. She was cut off when Elijah ordered more lasagne, prompting her to ask for a slice of cake whilst the server was present. "I hope you set him straight, Eli. You were locked up in that shithole whilst he was 'growing up'. After witnessing my mother hacking my old man to death, I had to flee with nothing to my name. What was he doing? Playing happy families and living like royalty. I'm pretty sure his 'growing up' was a breeze." She knew more than enough about the hardships and tragedies James had faced in his own life, but this wasn't about being fair. It was about keeping Elijah on her side.

"I won't kill James, I promise you that," she assured him. Make his life Hell and take from him what she could, she was more than willing to do. "Your brother could have been a real asset to us. If he could only see what we're trying to do, we could all work so well together. I hope we can convince him to change his mind." She didn't care by now if he changed his mind or not. She only cared about getting what she wanted and it was no skin off her nose if James suffered as a result.

"I wish he'd listen to you more, Eli. He doesn't give you enough credit. It really bugs me, because I know how loyal and considerate you are," she softly told him.

Enzyme Enzyme (Elijah)

25129106-3A6C-4B27-8DFE-00D01FE2DECA.gif
DELILAH PORTER

Delilah found herself slightly irritated as Leo decided that she should call her father, yet he wanted to put himself in the midst of danger and go out and hunt Ali. As he zoomed towards her door, she lifted a hand, catching the back of his shirt to pull him back into her room. “Leonard,” she sternly began, brows furrowing. “You’re not about to put yourself in danger as well. I’ll be damned if I’m going to stand here and watch you walk out like some hero. Either you stay here with me, or we take my car. You decide,”

But, it was too late for either of them to make a decision or to move because her grandmother had walked in, wine in hand, preventing them from going elsewhere. “Perhaps I should. Hair of the dog and all,” Delilah retorted, smirking at the suggestion of Shannon’s sixth wine sense. “It’s not against the rules if you say it’s not, given you rightfully make the rules,” Delilah quickly added to get onto her grandmother’s side, to have a chance at being able to drink alcohol so early after the party. Though, she hadn’t drank so much that she had memory loss or felt sick, so that was an added bonus. Delilah was sure her parents would allow it, but in the rare occasion they wouldn’t, she needed some form of backup. That backup, in this case, was permission from her grandma.

Seeing Shannon grin at the mention of a boyfriend sent a wave of relief over the young woman, cheeks cooking at the gesture of (what she thought was) acceptance. “Perfect,” she mumbled to herself with a slight blush as her grandmother spoke of Leo’s qualities. Delilah couldn’t always hide her fondness for Leo, like she hadn’t quite been able to the night of her mother’s party. It was a trait she needed to make more subtle. “A real catch, you could say,” she spoke as she shrugged smugly, turning her head as Leo spoke so charmingly towards her nan. Though he was being charming, she didn’t quite mind the way her spoke to Shannon. After all, the woman used to be a model, and her boyfriend was being respectful. There was no need for jealousy. Delilah was ,quite frankly, glad her nan wasn’t teasing the boy like cat and mouse. Most knew she liked to tease others, but on this rare occasion, she was being rather nice to a stranger. Moving her hand towards Leo, she entwined her fingers with him, gently squeezing his hand in reassurance. He sure was sweet and seemed to make a good impression on everybody else. Cheeks starting to pinken a little, she stood closer to Leo. In the little time they had spent together since he got back from uni, she still missed him, and the thought of him being more than a metre away from her really had started to pull on her heartstrings. Phone calls and letters really hadn’t made her miss him any less.

“But Abuela, I need to see if mum and dad are okay. I cannot stay here knowing they may be unsafe. And Leo’s sister, I need to check on her too,” Delilah did try, but she knew her Grandmother’s stubborn tone, and doubted she would be able to push past it and actually attempt to go outside. Her nan’s word was final. It was law. With a sigh, she turned to Leo, watching as her nan left to answer the ringing phone. Hopefully, she wouldve received a phone from the family, saying that everyone was okay, live and well. Delilah felt her heart racing to her mouth in suspense, her grip on Leo’s hand only tightening. Slowly but surely, her gaze lifted to Leo’s, and she leaned up to give him a peck on the cheek. “We won’t be able to leave. You will learn not to disagree with mob grandmothers and mob parents soon enough. It would be safer to go into that bomb-ridden building than to go against what Abuela says,”

“Yes Nana,” she watched as her nan left, commenting on how Lucy and James wouldn’t want to see them in the room together, cheeks blazing a fiery red. But, more than anything, Delilah was glad to have heard that everyone was okay. The adrenaline from the tension was still racing though, and she felt her hands shake. Her expression softened as she looked to her boyfriend, heart in his hands. It was almost dangerous to feel so strongly towards someone. Perhaps it would prove a weakness for the two of them in the gang life, but Delilah would admittedly risk her life to save Leo if needs be. It wasn’t even an option to not in her mind. Gently placing her right hand on his right cheek, she gently stroked his face with her thumb, looking up into his eyes longingly. Soon enough, her left hand followed, both hands cupping his face. “We might be scrutinised later if we show any affection, you know,” Her voice was a hushed whisper. Although she knew her nan had already walked away, she wanted to stay quiet just in case. Her hands tightened lightly as she leaned up on her tip toes, locking her lips passionately with his, moving her hand to the back of his neck, eyes closing.

Misty Gray Misty Gray Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

Thomas Dempsey
~ Nora Vasile ~

1522702653164-png.420833
Nora sat up on Peter's word and glanced to him, looking to his shoulder where the blood confirmed why he thought his wife would be pissed off. She frowned a little, thinking of how all the carnage and the man's injury were because of her. She just hoped she could get to England in one piece so it wouldn't all be for nothing. "If it helps, I can call your wife after all of this and tell her you were helping me?" she offered.

Tommy bit his lip and nodded his head when Peter advised against waiting around for too long. He knew he was right and that he shouldn't push their luck, but his gut was telling him to keep waiting a little while longer. It thankfully paid off when Jackson opened the car door and got inside. "Thank fuck you're here!" Tommy said, taking a deep, relieved breath.

"Good evening," Nora replied, only now meeting the third man she'd been told to expect. "Mr. Porter sure does employ a handsome bunch of men," she remarked, hoping to soften the atmosphere and calm her own nerves.

Tommy hit the gas and sped off towards the port. They seemed to outrun any further attackers and the rest of the drive was smooth in comparison to the mess they'd just been tangled in. As they pulled into the parking lot of the port, Tommy remained cautious whilst Jackson and Peter likely remained ready to shoot if needed. Tommy saw the black Hudson James had told them to look for and he squinted a little to see the corner of the number plate was missing, as expected. Confident it was the right car, he pulled up alongside it. "Alright, we're meant to sit tight and let them come to us," he spoke up, trying to mask his apprehension about sitting around in the car like this. As planned, a guy got out of the Hudson, carrying a briefcase, and he rounded the vehicle, stopping at the opened window next to Jackson. Meanwhile, three more me got out of the Hudson, but stood back so as not to appear threatening and also keep an eye out for any last minute attacks aimed at Nora.

"Good evening. It looks like you guys had quite the journey." The man had noticed the state of the vehicle due to being crashed into and shot at. "The password is Emerald Champagne," he correctly informed them. He then passed the briefcase through the window and Tommy leaned over Jackson to retrieve it. He flipped it open and quickly checked through the wads of cash. Everything seemed to check out. Tommy nodded his head and looked to Jackson to see if he agreed as his word was final on this job. If so, they could then let Nora out of the car for the four men to safely escort her to the ferry that was awaiting her and was guarded by cops.

Bellz Bellz (Peter) Enzyme Enzyme (Jackson)
(Hope I didn't jump too far ahead. Just trying to get us to the next bits of drama.)

Rudolph Meyers and Kieran Joyce

Rudy Meyers.jpgRudy was tense and quiet on the ride over. He had helped James check the cars for bombs with a little hand mirror that he carried for the purpose, before finally climbing into the passenger seat and setting his gun on his lap. He rode the entirety of the trip with his finger caressing the trigger guard of his Browning Hi-Power and staring out the window.

When they got back to the Porters' compound, he concealed his weapon but his sense of danger hadn't faded. He didn't know yet whether the Porters were going to have to go to the mattresses or not, and the thought alone stirred up bad memories of war and family history. When he entered the house, Kieran was standing by the phone. He had been the one to answer James' call and reaffirm that the kids were in fact home. He had been put into the loop by one of the guards whom he had befriended and was pacing the floor agitatedly.

Kieran Joyce.JPGThe young man was primarily irritated by his seeming powerlessness to the situation. He knew the Porters did shady business, and that James might eventually be in for such a spook, but he didn't think it would happen so soon. Rudy approached him and began speaking tensely to him.

"You know what's going on?"

Kieran nodded. "How bad is it?"

"Not sure. You ever handled a gun?"

Kieran answered quickly, as if anticipating that someone would chime in to prevent him from being involved in the family business. "I have."

Rudolph took a medium caliber revolver out of his coat and handed it to Kieran, who held it tightly by the grip and rested his finger on the trigger-guard. He pointed it at the floor and popped the cylinder out, checking that the cartridges were slotted in before flipping the gun to the right to close the chamber.

"Be careful now, that's my old Army revolver. No safety. If you have to, can you shoot someone, seeing as you're a churchman and all?"

Kieran concealed the weapon in his coat. "The Bible is very clear on the subject of killing," he admitted, "but its a bit fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Rudolph grinned. "That'll do."

(Kuddos if you got the reference.)

7713d90844945aa88bdd4f811d47f5d3--dylan-o-brian-memories.jpg

Leo managed to smile at Shannon when she greeted him. "The pleasure's all mine." He told her before scratching the back of his neck. Really he wanted to get to finding out if Ali was okay or not, but being rude isn't how he was raised. Plus, with the phone ringing and Shannon walking away, he was hopeful that was her. He looked down at Delilah before shaking his head. "You think I'm a catch, huh?" He teased, trying to lighten up the mood a little.

When her aunt returned informing them everyone was okay, he let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. Now that he knew she was okay, he could relax a little. Except, he was going to have to figure out a way to explain what he was doing at the Porter's in the first place. Although, he could just say he was hanging out, which is exactly what he was doing. But then again, he knew he was going to have to tell Ali the truth about him and Delilah and what better way than during a hostile moment? Hopefully she wouldn't make too big a deal out of it and not start judging his girlfriend.

"Arguing with people mob affiliated? Yeah I don't think I would ever want to do that. I like living and walking and you know. All that fun stuff." He said with a small smile. Watching as her aunt walked away, he was about to start following when he felt Del grab hold of his hand then his face. "You don't want to fol-" His words were stopped by her lips against his. He couldn't lie and say that when she was close to him like this that his heart didn't beat a million times faster. This girl, his first real girl-friend, was doing something to him. Making him feel something he had never felt before and he was both hating and loving it at the same time. It was something new and while he enjoyed new things, this new thing scared him.

He was always thinking about what would happen if he heart her, though he would never set out to intentionally do so. Then he thought what would happen if she hurt him, knowing she would never intentionally do so either; or would she? But those negative thoughts were blocked out by all of the positive ones. Like how she could take his breath away with a single kiss. He managed to pin her against the wall before pulling back. "Yeah, I kind of figured. Which means, you'll have to be on your best behavior." He said to match her whisper.

5274215.jpg

Aliana felt a bit better knowing her brother was safe and sound. The thought of him being at the Porter's for any other reason than to hang out with people his age didn't cross her mind. She had completely forgotten about the scene she had seen between Leo and Del the night before, and it wasn't really at the top of her list. Taking a deep breath she nodded her head at James. "Thanks." Was all she managed to say before she thought about the bouncer again. She was having another internal debate about telling James about it, hoping it had nothing to do with the bombing.

Before she could even get a chance to mention something, he was giving orders for their little group to get back to the house. She just nodded and followed his instructions with no arguments or protests. The whole event was putting her on edge and she didn't like it. She had been in similar situations before, but she thought they were all a thing of the past. Ireland was supposed to be somewhat peaceful for her; not a raging headache like the one she felt coming on.

As they arrived at the house, the first thing she did was call for Leo and make herself another drink. Her nerves had her hands shaking and a little bit of alcohol was sure to at least calm her nerves down a little. It was strange, but the thought of Thomas and his whereabouts and well being found it's way into her mind. As did the thought of Conor. She bit her lip, trying to think about anything else to keep her from asking James about it. Forcing herself to drink more of her drink seemed to work. "I should have just stayed in America." She mumbled to herself.
Del ( ElectricDandellion ElectricDandellion ) Lucy ( Bellz Bellz ) Sinead ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )

Jackson McCarthy

rsz_jake-dubai-17dec15-04.jpg

The last few bullets rang out of Jackson's gun until the men behind them were mere specks. He climbed back into the car and settled the steaming barrel into his shoulder holster. After some deep breathing and the settling of his adrenaline, he could now feel the uncomfortable stinging on his face from the variety of cuts. He looked back to Nora with a smile, glad to see that her bulletproof vest wasn't entirely necessary. "Welcome to Dublin, love."

Arriving at the port was just as unsettling as it were pulling up to the hotel. Jackson's eyes shot to each man, seeing them all as potential hostiles. He came to terms with the fact that he wouldn't truly feel safe until Nora was out of his hands. Stepping out of the idling car, he let Thomas do the talking while he sized up the men. He rested against the side of the door and stared down the muscular man opposite of him - after what he just endured, he though he had earned the right to be anti-social.

When the suitcase was finally exchanged, he caught Thomas' glance. He locked eyes with Thomas, before looking back to the men with a deathly stare. Suddenly, his features softened and a smile appeared on his face. "Pleasure doin' business with ya'." He made his way back into the car and scooted next to Peter. Jackson smoothly unholstered his handgun and rested it against the side of the door, ready to snap it up to the window incase anyone tried to pull something. He looked back to Peter, who looked uncomfortable to say the least. "Sinead is gonna' love that shiner," Jackson said with a smirk. The wound looked plenty painful, but didn't seem fatal.

Misty Gray Misty Gray (Thomas/Nora) Bellz Bellz (Peter)

Conor Sullivan

1521758417331-png.416009
Conor couldn't help but chuckle at Alex's mention of the wait being due to Karma. He knew he should be grateful they were together now rather than never. On the day Alex was forced to run, Vinnie had also discovered her secret relationship with Conor. Had James and the Russians not stepped in when they did, Conor was sure the Romanos would have slaughtered him instead.

"She won't take it out on Michelle. Even if she did, she'd have everyone on her back, including little Emmy!" he reassured her.

When Alex leaned towards him and stood on her tiptoes, Conor's heart began racing in his chest. In that moment, he felt like his younger self again, excited and nervous as if it was his first kiss with the woman. He supposed after ten years, it kind of was their first kiss all over again. He placed his hands on her waist and softly kissed her lips in return. And then, well... Michelle excitedly spoke up and killed the moment. Still, as he pulled back from Alex, he couldn't help but laugh. That was the kind of shit his family would pull, so she was clearly a chip off the old block. "You cheeky little-" Conor began to playfully berate his daughter. However, he was cut off when there was a loud knock at the front door.

When Alex answered the door, she would see a well-built man in his early 40s. He might be vaguely familiar from the night before when she entered through the gates of the Porters' place. "Good evening, Miss. Is Conor here?" Brian kindly asked her. "The Boss wants him home. Won't take no for an answer and all that..." he awkwardly told her.

neverbackdown neverbackdown (Alex, Michelle)

Skye Maisie McKendrick and Sinead Callahan

1-jpg.413385
Skye had heard some sort of loud bang, but she'd been distracted with the children and in far too good a mood to really think about it. When she had returned to the lounge and Syd asked if he could use the phone, she realised something had changed his mood a little and he seemed concerned about something. "Of course you can use it. I mean, I think your aunt or your dad pays the bill anyway. I don't know," she said, shrugging her shoulders. She then looked to Mallory with a concerned expression of her own. "What happened? Is he okay?" she asked.

A little while later, the front door was unlocked from the outside and the three teenagers would hear the door opening, following by the sound of heels on the wooden floor of the hallway. "Stupid shoes," Sinead mumbled as she kicked them off of her feet. She then stepped into the lounge to see the others present. "Hey everyone," she greeted them, managing a smile which her eyes still deceived. "Are you all alright? James and Lucy are home now, but I said I'd check you're all okay. Are my little devils okay too?" She let out an exhausted breath. "I don't want any of you to worry, but there was an explosion in town - at Jackson's apartment. Thankfully he wasn't inside, but you're not allowed to go out tonight, just to be sure."

89967300ad94381c4d9c2fdd41965750-jpg.414128
"Hey Sinead," Skye replied, with a smile. She frowned upon hearing about Jackson's place as she hated that kind of thing and she thought he was a great guy who didn't deserve for that to happen. "The kids are all being as good as gold. Currently making some surprises for you and Peter," she explained.

"Aww, well that's really sweet to hear. I'd best not disturb them else they'll never let me leave the house again tonight. I'm just going to get changed into something more comfortable and then I really need to head back to Lucy's house to make sure everything's okay there. Will you be alright putting the children to bed?"

"Of course, Sinead. I love reading bedtime stories to them," she agreed, with a smile. She knew this would be stressful for everyone, so the best she could do was help out and stay positive for the families. Once Sinead had left, Skye looked back to Mallory and Syd. "What are you going to do now?" she asked them.

neverbackdown neverbackdown (Mallory) Pyroclast Pyroclast (Syd)

1523291270236.png Syd Porter

Syd slipped into the hallway where the phone was, dialled the number for the jazz club and stood waiting for someone to pick up. After a few seconds, a man answered him. He asked if his mum was there, knowing that anyone working there would know who Lucy was, but the man said she had recently left with Sinead and Aliana. Syd wasn't sure if that put him at ease - they were together, but he still hadn't a clue if they were safe. But then the door opened, and when he turned around he saw Sinead walk in and kick off her heels.
"Okay, thanks for your help, I appreciate it," he said before putting the receiver down. He smiled in Sinead's direction and said a quick hi before following her through to the front room and reclaiming his seat.

Although he felt relieved that his parents were home safe, the news of Jacksons' apartment concerned him. Naturally, his parents did everything they could to keep Syd and his siblings out of danger, but with the spunk of any self-assured 18 year old, Syd was ever set on involving himself as much as possible in the secret goings-on of the family business, and they could only hide so much from him. So when he heard about Jackson, he automatically presumed the explosion to be a premeditated attack. To him, this wasn't an irrational assumption to make, even if it did seem the most dramatic.

Syd glanced between Skye and Mallory once Sinead had left and got to his feet. He had never been very good at sitting down for longer than a couple of minutes.
"I might head back home for a bit, actually. I haven't seen my 'rents for a couple weeks and I want to make sure they're all good, you know..." He shot an apologetic smile in Skye's direction. "I'll see you later though, no doubt. If you're on kid duty tonight and we're not going out, might as well make it a night in, right? I mean, if you want to. You know where I am. Give me a call if you need anything." He was starting to grow aware of how stupid he sounded and looked away, half laughing at himself. God, why was it suddenly so hard to be normal around her these days?

Interactions/Mentions
Misty Gray Misty Gray Skye
neverbackdown neverbackdown Mallory

The Porters House

1523305953580.pngJames and the others hadn't been home for long when Jackson, Peter and Tommy arrived back at the house. He was relieved to see the three men back in one piece. Still, his attention was immediately drawn to Peter's bleeding shoulder. It seemed the job wasn't a trouble-free one. "Is Finn around? Or Eleanor?" he called out, considering the two had the medical skills to treat Peter. Finn had certainly had experience treating gunshot wounds by now. Sinead was soon at her husband's side, so James decided to give them some time before talking to the guy. Instead, he turned to Jackson and Tommy. "What happened out there?" he asked them. At the same time, Tommy handed the two briefcases of cash to James. The money was low on his list of priorities right now, so James took them from the younger man but made no effort to check inside. "I'll sort your payments out later, once it's been split four ways," he distractedly told them, having always intended to share it equally considering the three had taken a lot of risks for the job.

"Oh... no rush," Tommy replied, surprised to hear how the money was going to be split. He could tell James had other things on his mind and he doubted he was privy to whatever it was. He turned away and approached Shannon, giving her a brief hug and welcoming her home. He then noticed Aliana was also over at the house so approached her. "Good evening, Ali. I didn't expect to see you here," he greeted her, a warm smile on his face. The more he thought about it, there seemed to be an odd atmosphere around the place right now. "Have I missed something?" he asked her.

1523305945734.pngWith Tommy walking away and Peter being tended to, James turned to Jackson. "Mate, can we have a word in my office?" he asked, not wanting to tell him about the explosion with an audience around them. At the same time, Conor entered the house and gave everyone a chirpy welcome, following his breakthrough with both Alex and Michelle. Still, Brian had mentioned something to him about an explosion during the drive home. He was hoping it had nothing to do with his family's business. "Conor, I need you in my office," James called out, beckoning him over right away.

"Jeez... I just stepped through the bloody door," Conor muttered. As far as he knew, James was about to pester him about taking on more jobs for the family business and he knew he couldn't refuse for much longer. He knew he had to pull his weight. It suddenly seemed like everyone needed him these days.

Once he was in the office, James left the two briefcase on the coffee table and waited for the other two to join him. He closed the door behind them and remained standing opposite them both so he could speak to them on the level. "I'm going to get straight to the point on this one," he said, looking mostly to Jackson as it was his place that had been destroyed. He let out an exhausted sigh before continuing. "Despite me refusing to supply Ciara Hennessy with explosives, I believe she's managed to get her hands on some from elsewhere. Earlier this evening, there was an explosion downtown. Jackson... someone blew up your apartment. The place is destroyed," he told him, clearly shook by the news himself. "I'm just thankful you were out of there at the time."

"That fucking miserable bitch..." Conor angrily spoke up. The woman had always rubbed him the wrong way, but this seemed crazy and extreme, even by her own standards. If she had intended to kill Jackson, then she deserved any retaliation coming to her - lady or not.

Enzyme Enzyme (Jackson) Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Aliana)
Mentions: Bellz Bellz (Peter)

Sinead Callahan

1523305934348.pngAfter getting changed, Sinead returned to the Porter house so she could wait for Peter and the others to return home. As she waited, she accepted a glass of wine from the bottle Shannon was offering out and had a quick catch-up with her mother. It always made her laugh how much she wanted to see the children, especially mouthy little Emery, who Shannon thought was the coolest little kid in the world.

Soon enough, the front door opened and the three men returned home from their job. Tommy looked completely unharmed whilst Jackson had some cuts on his face. However, it was the state of Peter that caught Sinead's full attention. James calling for Finn and Eleanor only confirmed the level of his injury. She rushed over to her husband and looked him in the eyes. At first, her face looked stern and angry. Then, she placed her hand on his good side and led him to the sofa. "Peter, sit down," she forcefully told him and sat down beside him. However, her voice sounded concerned more than angry. She briefly glanced towards his blood-soaked shirt, but quickly tore her eyes away and looked to his face instead. The sight of the blood made her stomach turn, but she knew she had to be stronger than she was at the jazz club. She couldn't help Peter if she was panicking about the blood. "Petey, honey. What happened?" she asked him, stray tears causing her eyes to glisten. She thought she'd be furious with him for returning home in this kind of state, but put into action, she just wanted to comfort him. Besides, she was sure her mother, sister or James would yell at her if she complained again. "You just had to go out and be a cool gangster, didn't you?" she lightly teased him. She took hold of the hand on his uninjured side and gave it a gentle squeeze. "Does it hurt?" she softly asked him. Even she knew it was probably going to hurt much more when Finn or Eleanor would start tending to the wound.

Bellz Bellz (Peter)
Mentions: Bellz Bellz (Peter, Finn) neverbackdown neverbackdown (Eleanor)

9CCAAE70-126E-4D70-A78B-27B8F471F732.gif
DELILAH PORTER

Delilah grinned, eyes glittering as Leo spoke to her. Something about his eyes made it impossible to drag her gaze away from them. Not that she minded much, she could stare into them forever. Snapping her attention back to his words, she jokingly shook her head. “Had to make you seem at least mediocre in front of a member of my family, didn’t I?” Shrugging her shoulders in a fake nonchalant fashion, she teasingly and gently pushed him on the shoulder. “I’m really not doing any good for your ego with these compliments, am I?” Delilah teased. It was just the way he was, always joking around to make the best out of a situation, or so she had noticed within the length of time they had been together. He really did drag her out from the depths of her shyness, or what she had once been. Ever since meeting Leo, the girl had come out of her shell, much more open to parties and going out. Before, she had been rather ridden with school work and constantly on edge about getting the right grades to get into uni. But after contemplation, she decided that she thought she may not want to go to university. It was a dangerous place, and although she may not have thought she needed the protection of her parents, something stirred within her that made her seem to think that she definitely needed to stay home within the comfort and safety with her family. Who knew what enemies of the family could strike at any time in a place where she had little protection from kidnapping or worse. The mere thought made her nervous.

She tumbled out of her thoughts suddenly when she heard Leo’s voice again. Delilah had begun to notice her slight issue of dazing off with her head in the clouds, but for now that couldn’t be helped. “Well, worse things can happen to you than not breathing in the sick gang game,” Delilah felt herself saying without permission from her head. “I’ve overheard Dad speaking of dire business.” She shook her head lightly. “You’d be surprised what people have the stomach to do,” her mind briefly flashed back to times she had snooped around her father’s office, ear at the wall and listening to the conversations as best as she could. The horrifyingly gruesome descriptions gave her nightmares for days. She soon got desensitised to the words, but if she ever witnessed a gory scene, she was sure she’d be very faint. For a few minutes she was silent, thinking over what would happen if Leo got dragged into this. She only hoped that their relationship wouldn’t cause him trouble with the mafia, but she doubted it wouldn’t. Surely he knew what he was getting into? “Luckily you’ll never get to see it, and nor will I,” Delilah smiled lightly, reassuringly squeezing Leo’s hand. “Because you’d never stomach that mafia shit,” Delilah grinned, jaw opening slightly as she stuck her tongue out childishly at him in hopes of also lifting the mood after the dark verbal abyss she had found herself starting to roll into.

Delilah fell into the kiss, engulfed in a magical emotion she had never felt quite so strongly towards someone before. It was the feeling she was sure her mother had described that she had for her father from a young age when they first met, and still continued to, which made sense why they wanted another, perfect wedding. The young girl was certain she felt the same way towards Leo, the rattling heartbeat, the constant missing him even when he’d only been gone for a few hours, his presence always welcome no matter the situation, the way his eyes were so hard to stop looking at. Mentally cringing at what she had been thinking, she just indulged herself further into the kiss. It wasn’t too long before Leo pulled away, and she smiled almost nervously, the tips of her fingernails stroking the back of his neck gently. The way he had pinned her up against the wall made her blush slightly, smug that it meant he liked the kiss too. God, how she had missed him whilst he had been at uni. It was way too long, and she was glad he had almost finished, if not already graduated. And, now her father knew about them, Leo would be able to visit her more often, and she could probably visit him. Though, she doubted her parents would appreciate her being alone with her boyfriend in his room. “On my best behaviour?” Delilah cocked an eyebrow, grinning at what he had said, pulling him even closer to her, minimising the distance between them almost completely. Her eyes locked on his, momentarily dropping to his lips but then back up to his beautiful eyes. “Only if you are.” Smiling slowly, she leaned forwards to place a soft and brief peck on his lips. She only hoped no one would come into her room and ruin the moment, but the faint sound of the front doors opening and people walking in, the almost inaudible shout for Leo, Delilah cupped his face within her hands again. “I think your sister is calling you, maybe we should go downstairs,” she reluctantly suggested, though she wanted to stay upstairs with Leo and spend time with him. But, his sister clearly wanted the reassurance of his safety, and rightly so.

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Leonard)​

Rudolph Meyers and Kieran Joyce

Rudy Meyers.jpgWhen Kieran had stowed Rudy's revolver, he squared up and reached for the nearby liquor cabinet, pouring himself a short glass of whiskey to steel his nerves. Peter had just come through the door with a bullet in his shoulder, and he was starting to get a feel for the danger of the place - which required a bit of Dutch courage. Rudy, for his part, stood looking out the window as the evening drew ever on. He gravitated towards Kieran for some reason; the young seminarian had an undeniable shy charisma about him and he reminded him somewhat of a friend he had when he had first immigrated to Ireland.

"So, it's Miss Hennessy isn't it?" Kieran asked.

Kieran Joyce.JPGRudolph shrugged. "That's what everyone seems to think. It makes sense. She comes up here asking for explosives, James turns her down, then Jackson's apartment goes up like a roman candle? Seems like an odd coincidence."

Kieran nodded. "Seems to me like you guys are in the dark."

Rudy chuckled. "Yeah, it's hard to think of a time we haven't been, at least in regards to this sort of thing." Then Rudy's eyebrows fluttered a bit as he came up with an idea. He cast his line to see if Kieran would bite on it, "Say, Mr. Joyce, you are a non-entity in this country, being a recent arrival."

Kieran nodded, not catching his meaning and cocking his head a bit in confusion. "Yeah, what of it?"

"Well, now hear me out," Rudy began, "someone who's low profile like you could infiltrate the IWU, get the latest details on their bakesales and fund-drives and whatnot," he ended sardonically. Kieran drank down his whiskey and choked a bit, putting his hand to his chin.

"Me? Oh, I don't know. That's pretty risky, Herr Meyers."

Rudy glanced in the direction of James's office and his little impromptu meeting. He decided he should probably attend. "Excuse me," he said, sliding away from Kieran. He softly opened the door to James's office and slid in behind them so he could hear how their mission had gone. He had no interest in the money, which wasn't getting split with him anyways, he just wanted to hear how Peter had gotten gatted.

Kieran, for his part, went over to the sofa to help Sinead with Peter until someone more qualified arrived. "Here, Mrs. Callahan, you should put some pressure on that wound," he suggested gently as he came over to study the bullethole. He had seen things like this before, specifically a friend of his who had accidentally shot himself in the groin on a hunting trip in Indiana - so much blood.

Misty Gray Misty Gray Enzyme Enzyme

Jackson McCarthy

southpawthumb-1436293283204_1280w.jpg

The mission had drained every drop of energy out of Jackson. Being the leader of the team, he had to be there to return the cash and also take responsibility for Peter's injuries. He wouldn't stick around long though, getting a fuzzy feeling knowing he had a comfortable bed and a beautiful girlfriend waiting for him at home. His daydream was cut short by the sudden jerk of the car; they had arrived.

Jackson helped Peter out of the car, being extremely mindful of his delicate arm. He had taken off one of his suspenders and wrapped it around Peter's shoulder, but it was obvious that the flimsy elastic wouldn't hold long. Jackson held the house door open for Peter and Thomas, before stepping in as well. The atmosphere of the house caught him off guard. He was expecting the usual ruckus of the estate, but it felt like the family had just returned from a funeral. Something wasn't right. The feeling was only reinforced once James had asked Jackson and Conor to follow him to his office. Jackson threw his arm around Conor's shoulder as they followed behind James. "Think he found out about what we did to the fountain outside?" Jackson asked in a joking manner. If that were truly what this was about, he was ready for a stern talk about how impressionable kids live here as well.

Jackson noticed how James had decided to remain standing, breaking his usual routine of pouring a couple glasses of whiskey and sitting down in his big chair. "What's up, boss? You're starting to worry me?" As James explained the situation, Jackson's friendly smile slowly started to fade. "Oh my god," Jackson trailed off as the thought set in. All of his stuff... Where was he going to stay? He had Fallon waiti- His eyes quickly widened, his pupils shrinking to a mere pinhole. "Fallon..." The words managed to tumble out of his lips. He felt sick as the room began to spin, unable to focus on James' features any longer. He briskly caught the side of the bookcase, saving himself from fainting directly where he stood. Suddenly, he snapped out of his trance. His face had turned bleach white as he shot his eyes to the two men, as if wanting answer for something they couldn't possibly know. "Fuck! Fallon!" He bolted from the office, not even processing the rest of the family in the living room. He practically ripped the front door off it's hinges as he ran down to his car.

Misty Gray Misty Gray (James/Conor/Thomas) Bellz Bellz (Peter)

The Porters House

1523305953580-png.424452
James bit his lip as the news began to set into Jackson's mind. The younger man was shocked and rightly so, considering he'd just lost his home. James was about to make his offer of a place to stay for however long it was needed, but he was caught off-guard at mentioned of Fallon's name. A lump seemed to form in his throat and his stomach became tangled in knots. The way Jackson seemed to lose balance and focus spelled things out to James loud and clear. "No, she can't have-" he began, but was interrupted when Jackson said her name again and rushed out of the room. "Jackson! Hold up..."

Conor held his arm out to stop James and shook his head. "Mate, you need to stay here and keep everything under control. I'll stay with Jackson," he assured his brother-in-law. Conor briefly patted James on the shoulder before rushing off after Jackson. If his friend's reaction was correct, then Fallon was dead. Not only would this be devastating for Jackson, but Alex and Michelle too, being that Fallon was their family. "Wait up, Jackson!" Conor shouted after him and jumped into the passenger seat of his friend's car. "Whatever you're doing, I'm coming with you," he assured him, his own voice cracking a little at the thought that his friend had likely lost the woman he loved. Alex had lost her sister. Michelle her auntie.

Meanwhile, James stood in silence for a time as he felt his judgement become clouded over at the thought of Fallon being killed and for what good reason? His eyes finally fixed onto Rudolph and his mind snapped back into action. "If Ciara is behind this, then she's fucked it. There's no coming back for her from what she's done." He quickly shook his head. All he wanted to do was leave the house with Jackson, but Conor was right about him needing to stay home. It was only a matter of time before the detective showed up on his doorstep and he wanted to make sure he was home when the man did. He had nothing to hide.

Enzyme Enzyme (Jackson) Shireling Shireling (Rudy)
Mention: neverbackdown neverbackdown (Alex)

1523305945734-png.424451

Rudolph Meyers

Rudy Meyers.jpgRudy came in just a bit before the realization hit Jackson, and it hit Rudy too like a ton of bricks. Not that he knew or really particularly cared about Fallon herself, but because he knew just as well as anyone else that the Porters, himself included, were obligated to break the neck of anyone who hurt another member of the organization, or their dame. Call it the unspoken fraternal code of the order. Rudy balled his fists in indignation at the thought that Ciara's little noisemaker had snuffed out an innocent person. He wasn't necessarily averse to killing himself, but people who died that way should do it for a reason. Not because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

When Jackson had left, Rudolph sidled up to James. "In all fairness, Mr. Porter, you don't know for sure that Fallon is dead," he said, although the statement hadn't succeeded in convincing its originator let alone the intended recipient. "I wanna talk to you about something else. I was thinking about it on the ride over here." He shifted over to be across from James and put his fingers over his eyes, pinching them together at the bridge before letting go and digging in his pocket for a cigarette.

"I think we need a mole, you know, someone on the inside at the IWU. We can't count on Eli for this, although I know you've been trying to bring him around."

Misty Gray Misty Gray

5274215.jpg

Ali heard her name being called and immediately looked around for the source. Her eyes landed on Thomas and she found smile tugging on her lips. What timing, considering she was just thinking about me. But, she wasn’t going to say that allowed; it sounded creepy. She filled up another cup and offered it to him, leaning against the wall. “Oh, I wasn’t expecting to be here either, honestly. But when someone blows up a building, we tend to gather up together to figure it all out.” It wasn’t until he was looking at her that she began to realize he didn’t at all know what she was talking about. Placing her cup down, she put her hands on her hips.

“James must have had you guys doing something special today for you not to know.” Taking a deep breath, she sat down and crossed her legs and waited for him to join her. “Jackies apartment got blown up. James think Ciara Hennessy was behind it all. And thus, we are all here.” She reached across the table and grabbed his hand. “Though, I am glad you are okay.” There was a slight pause when she looked at him before releasing his hand. “All of you, actually. I’m glad all of you are okay.” Hearing the ruckus of Jackson and Conor leaving, Ali quickly stood up and walked over to James. "You sir, are in dire need of a drink aren't you?"
7713d90844945aa88bdd4f811d47f5d3--dylan-o-brian-memories.jpg
Leo and Delilah would have had more time to just make out in the hallway if hadn't been for Ali calling his name. It was also apparent that there were other people entering the house and he sighed, resting his forehead on the wall beside her. All he really wanted to do was make-out with his girlfriend to make up for lost time. He knew she was just as reluctant to leave as he was, considering she kept looking at his lips.

With a small smirk on his, he gave her another kiss before really taking a step back and putting his hands in his pockets. "I think I'll be able to be on my best behavior... So long as you keep your hands to yourself." He shot her a wink, even though just moments before the two of them were freaking out about the bomb and their family. Hearing his name being called again, he rolled his eyes and started for the stairs. "C'mon before this woman yells my ear off."

Making his way downstairs, he saw familiar faces he didn't know the name of and his sister. He was relieved to see her, though after Shannon told him she was safe he had already felt relieved. She hugged him and pulled away, giving him a look over. "Glad you're okay, too."

Jackson McCarthy

source.gif

Despite how quickly Jackson's mind was racing, he was deeply relieved that he wasn't going to have to face this alone. "Fuck, man... Fuck!" He shot through the gate the moment the space was wide enough for his car the squeeze through. Stop signs and red lights were merely precautions as Jackson swerved through the heavy traffic. As they got closer to the scene, it was evident what causing the jam. The flashing red lights illuminated the entire block, both ambulances and firetrucks occupied every street in the vicinity.

Seeing as there was no parking, Jackson rode the nose of the car up onto the side walk and jumped out onto the street. "Jesus christ..." He muttered in a panicked tone. The entrance had been completely blocked off by cones and police cars. He had forgotten about Conor behind him, sprinting towards the line of police officers. He, however, was quickly intercepted and held back behind the line. Jackson fought back with whatever energy he had left, trying to throw the officers off of him. "Let me go! I live here!" He ordered the officers. "Fallon!" Jackson tried to shout up to his obliterated apartment over the roaring sirens. "Get off of me!" He gritted, grabbing both the officers by the collars. Fallon!" He shouted again, his voice altering mid-speech from the flood of emotions. Jackson's heart sank as the paramedics inside wheeled out dozens of injured bystanders on stretchers. He lost the strength to fight off the officers, slowly stepping back. He ran his hands through his sweat-lined hair as his eyes shot around the street. He quickly sprinted to the payphone box, incasing himself in the glass.

There was only one other place Fallon could be. He shoved the quarters down the payphone's throat and slammed in Little Sicily's restaurant number. He eagerly tapped the side of the glass as the phone rang, locking eyes with Conor outside. "Please... Please..." He softly said under his breath. His stomach churned as the ringing led into dead silence - the fact that she was truly gone had finally sunk in. He took his immediate aggression out on the phone, slamming it against the receiver until the frame cracked. He shouted at his reflection in the glass, viciously shaking the pay phone console by it's sides. His anger had quickly run it's course and was soon replaced by despair. Sinking to his knees in the small box, he shoved his face into his hands and began to sob horribly.

Misty Gray Misty Gray (Conor)

Peter Callahan and Finn Sullivan

Hayden-hayden-christensen-3167922-300-400.jpg
The rest of the job had gone by smoothly and Peter was grateful for that. They arrived home quickly, and to quite a crowd as they entered the Porter home. Peter had not been expecting his wife to be there immediately after he got home from the job, he was hoping to have his wound patched up before she could worry. However, there was no stopping it now and his eyes went a little wide when he saw her. She rushed over immediately as he was positioned on the sofa and he stared up at her face, assessing how bad he fucked up in that moment. Her face was angry, but the moment words left her lips, he could tell she was only concerned for his well being. Peter let out a sigh of relieve that turned into a groan shortly after, he clenched his teeth to shut it down quickly, hoping that Sinead hadn't noticed.

"Ahhhhh, Sin its nothin' I promise." He tried to reassure his wife as she began to fuss over him. Peter looked around wondering where the hell Finn was in that moment, hoping he would hurry up and patch him up, Peter's eyes looked back to Sinead, hoping her heart wouldn't give out from such a sight. Biting down on his lower lip, he listened as she teased him gently about wanting to be a cool gangster, he shook his head slowly, "Oh yes, so so cool now. The gun shot was the initiation." He teased back hoping to prove that he was okay to Sinead, and that he was only injured physically. Peter shrugged his good shoulder when she asked if it hurt, "Actually, I think it could hurt a lot worse...I think my old age got to me a bit out there..." He told her, a frown forming on his face just as Finn's smiling face could be seen heading over towards them.
cortes-de-cabello-para-cara-alargada-hombre-56_8.jpg
"Well Holy shit! I didn't think I would ever be patching you up again Petey! What the hell happened to ya?!" Finn asked, smiling at Kieran, Sinead and Peter. "Here, take these." He told Sinead, opening his medicine bag before handing over some cloths to hold pressure on the wound, just until Finn had everything he needed out. Finn knew there was new faces he had yet to say hello to, but they would have to wait until after Peter was fixed up, he was sure that both Lucy and James wouldn't like blood all over the nice furniture, and poor Peter didn't need to be in pain any longer. Finn pulled things he would need from his bag, setting them on the side table beside the couch.
With:Sinead Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Kieran Shireling Shireling Mentions:

Lucy Porter
68d726a778e78cf4f1a8d0d448188efc.jpg
The ride home had been quiet. Lucy was concerned for a lot of reasons and at the moment, she couldn't focus on anything else but getting home to her kids. Events like this made Lucy realize how quickly things could go wrong for her and her family. The news that James had delivered to them, urging them to come home, was worrying her to no end. Ciara had never seemed like a dangerous threat, but something never sat right with Lucy when she was around. Now all she could feel for that woman was hate. She dared tried to challenge her family. Once home, she was joined by James once again before they both walked inside together. The house was filled with everyone, perhaps having gotten word of what was going on or was told to come home. James went to speak with Jackson, telling him about his apartment before addressing the rest of the group, and Lucy decided that she needed to check on her kids.

"Delilah, Mallory, Syd?" Lucy called out around the other noise and conversation. Spotting Delilah, Lucy paused to take her daughter in a moment. It wasn't surprising to see Leo with her, as James had mentioned that they were now together. She had also seen them the night before, a little too friendly to just be friends. She couldn't help but think about how quickly their children had grown up...probably because of the age at which they were adopted...10 years didn't feel like enough time to raise kids...it was all so short. Snapping out of her thoughts, Lucy quickly made her way towards her daughter, "Lilah darling, I'm so glad you were here the whole time." She sighed out gently before wrapping her daughter up in a hug and holding her tight. Ciara wouldn't get a hold of her children...the woman could throw a nasty little bitch fit all she wanted,the miserable thing wouldn't get near her children. The feeling that their peaceful lives were over was strong in Lucy's mind, she wasn't sure how prepared she was for such events. "Also...I approve." She said, her eyes looking towards Leo a moment before looking at Delilah and releasing her from her hug. "He's a cutie pie." She smiled, keeping the worry and concern from her face now, until she was behind closed doors with James. The last thing she wanted to do was make her children worry about their safety. Her eyes went a little wide as she suddenly saw a flash of color, barely making it out to be Jackson before he swung open the door and ran through it...Conor following closely behind.

The blonde wondered if Jackson took the news of his home being destroyed horribly...but that didn't seem to fit the man, who seemed to not care about possessions most of the time. Lucy made note to understand the meaning behind all of that before looking back to Delilah. "Where is your brother and sister? She asked, looking only a little concerned.

1523360970874.png Syd Porter

When Syd walked down the driveway of the Callahan residence, he could already see that his house was going to be busy by the number of cars parked in the driveway. He heard shouting, and sensed that something must be gravely wrong when he saw a panic-stricken Jackson running from the house and into his car, Conor at his heels. They obviously didn't see him in their rush and he had to jump out of the way to avoid getting run over as he approached.

By the time he reached the door he had readied himself to face whatever chaos was on the other side. Of course, he hadn't much of an idea as to what he'd find, so when he came in to see blood streaming from Peter's shoulder, a tearful Sinead and that look on his father's face that he knew too well, he knew there'd been serious trouble.

"What in fuck's name..." he uttered under his breath as he inched forward. "Mom, dad...is everything okay?"

Glancing over at everyone in the room, he caught a glimpse of the boy stood close to his sister - Leo, the "sweet kid". For a moment he looked him up and down - he certainly didn't look like trouble - but then turned his attention to the more serious situation at hand. Specifically, the blood that was pouring from that man's shoulder.

Interactions / Mentions
Bellz Bellz Lucy, Peter ** Misty Gray Misty Gray James ** Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Leo

Conor Sullivan

1523305945734-png.424451
Conor rested his arm on the inside of the car door, holding on tightly during the various harsh swerves Jackson made during the drive. None of that bothered him as his friend was entitled to react in the way he was. Hell, he knew he'd be smashing shit up and likely knocking people out of the way to get there too, were this about someone he loved. There was soon no choice but for Jackson to slow down and leave the car parked on the sidewalk.

Conor stepped out of the car, briefly frozen on the spot as the flashing lights and the smell of burning distracted him. Jackson's apartment was the centre of the explosion and if Fallon was inside, there was no way she would have survived that. He snapped out of his thoughts to see Jackson already sprinting ahead. He ran after his friend and caught up to him just as the cops intercepted them. "Get your fucking hands off of him!" Conor snapped at the cops who were trying to hold Jackson back. He hated the cops and usually wouldn't hold back, back he reminded himself he had to not get arrested, so he could support his friend. "His girlfriend was in there," he explained, lowering his tone. Conor followed Jackson's gaze to the injured people being carried away. Those responsible for this were cowards and Conor hoped they would all be made to suffer for this.

Conor followed Jackson to the payphone but stood back as he watched his friend desperately attempt to call Fallon. He knew he shouldn't stop him from trying but he also knew when there was no answer, things would sink in even deeper. Jackson needed to do this and Conor knew to hold him back from gaining confirmation would only upset him more. He looked his friend in the eyes, a solemn expression on his face as he too hoped for a miracle and Fallon would answer the call. But that didn't happen and he could only watch his friend's sudden rage. Conor held back, knowing he wouldn't want someone to stop him from taking out his anger in that moment and he certainly didn't want a to get his head bashed in by getting in the way.

Rage turned to despair and that was Conor's real cue to step in. He knelt down in front of Jackson and directly faced him. He placed two firm hands on his friend's shoulders and squeezed them, the physical contact used to show he had Jackson's back, no matter what. "Fuck. I'm so sorry, mate," he told him, biting his bottom lip as he tried to get his head around it all. He knew how close Jackson was to Fallon and that he'd never felt the way about someone until he met her. A part of him knew what it was like to lose the girl he loved, but he still couldn't compare it. Alex was alive when he lost her. Jackson's loss and devastation were far greater. "I'm here for you, mate. I'm not going to let you go through this alone," he assured him, allowing a couple of stray tears to escape his eyes. He didn't need any lectures from James now, he knew he needed to put himself back into the business and pull his weight again. "I'm back and whatever you need to do, I will help you do it."

Enzyme Enzyme (Jackson)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back