• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A Family Affair: The Irish Mob - IC (Ended)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Skye Maisie McKendrick

1.jpgSkye had returned home two days ago from her trip to Scotland, but she'd stayed with friends so she could spend a couple more nights partying with them. By now, she was starting to feel homesick and the home she was missing was that of the Callahans. She missed how it felt like she had a family and she missed the children she devoted time to caring for. She also missed her friends Mallory, Aliana and Gracie. With a rucksack over both shoulders, she stood with her arms folded and let out an exaggerated sigh as she stood at the security gates of the Porters residence. "Oi, Brian. Get a move on," she yelled out to the guard as he took his time in approaching the gate to open it. When he finally did open it, she stepped onto the Porters' grounds and shook her head. "You did that on purpose."

"Yeah, well. You buggered off on some trip and didn't take me with you!" the man commented. He turned his back to her so he could close the gate, but also so he could laugh to himself as he anticipated her response.

"Ugh, no thanks. You're old enough to be my dad. That would have just been all kinds of weird. Behave yourself!" she lightly berated him.

She was about to walk in the direction of the Callahans' house when she saw Savannah approaching from the Porters' place. This caused Skye to divert that way instead. The child rushed to greet her nanny, a big smile planted on her face. "Savvy!" Skye exclaimed as she gave the girl a tight hug. She then pulled away to remove the rucksack from her shoulders and fumble in it before retrieving a length of red tartan ribbon. "So, I went to Scotland and I thought it would be rude not to bring a gift back for you." Skye had the child turn her back to her so she could tie the upper section of her hair up and finish it off by fastening the ribbon into a bow around the ponytail section. "Ah, it really suits you, Savvy."

Skye looked around, wondering where everyone else was at. "I've missed you and the others. I liked Scotland, but it's way nicer back here."

F A L L O N // ROMANO

place ;; jackson's place.
tags ;; Enzyme Enzyme
mentioned ;; jackson.
fallon hardly remembered the rest of the night as she found herself happily wrapped up in jackson's sheets and her body wearing one of his shirts. her eyelashes fluttered open as she awoke to the sound of jackson's voice and a kiss on the cheek. fallon softly groaned as she allowed jackson to pull her in close, fallon resting her head on his chest as her eyelids slowly closed once more, "you woke me up," fallon whined like a little child as she fidgted in her place with a pouty lip. a coy smile formed on fallon's lips as she heard jackson realising he was late to meet the porters, fallon felt his lips crash into hers once more, her heart jumping in excitement before he left the bed to get ready. she gingerly sat up from her spot, running her hand through her messy bedhair as her fingers played with the sleeve's of the shirt, "y'know, james can wait a bit longer," fallon mused before standing up from her spot and swiftly making her way to jackson at the window, giving mrs rogers a cheeky grin before placing a flirty peck on jackson's cheek, "i'm sure she'll survive," she joked with a smile.

fallon made her way to jackson's kitchen to make herself coffee, a long yawn escaping her lips as she waited the kettle to boil. her gaze flickered away from the kettle as she saw jackson leave the bedroom, an impressed look etched onto her face. "looking gorgeous as ever," fallon purred as she stood close to jackson with a coy smile, "tell james i said hi," fallon murmured as jackson left. she made her way back to the kettle and poured herself black coffee in a mug, silence surrounding her. after finishing her coffee, fallon dressed herself from her outfit from the night before and left jackson's apartment, heading back to her own home.

tumblr_oshifjn5C81szvyemo2_250.png
tumblr_oshifjn5C81szvyemo7_250.png
tumblr_oshifjn5C81szvyemo1_250.png
tumblr_oshifjn5C81szvyemo3_250.png

Jackson McCarthy

rsz_jake-dubai-17dec15-04.jpg

Jackson scratched the back of his neck with a brief chuckle. "Cleaning up isn't in my job description." He hadn't remembered the condition of the house when he left last night, but he imaged throwing that glass bottle across the room didn't help his reputation with James' in-laws. To be fair, his role was to resuscitate the party and he did his job perfectly. He shrugged lightly when James asked if Ciara ever looked happy. "She obviously doesn't drink enough." He nodded to Kieran with a unspoken "Hello" before following behind James.

Despite how great the fresh air felt, Jackson made it a point to advert his covered eyes from the sun. "Peter? The pub owner? Doesn't seem like the bloke to get into fisticuffs." He had his suspicions, but he also didn't expect much from Tommy and was happily surprised. He had seen Peter quite a bit, usually accompanied by Sinead. James obviously saw something in him he didn't, so he was more than content to roll with it. Jackson raised an eyebrow once the topic shifted to Ciara. "Giving explosives to a radical? Mineaswell put 'Property of the Porters' on the dynamite sticks." He twisted his face in bitter disgust. Of course someone like her would manipulate such an unhinged man to use against his own brother. "She really thinks that'll get her explosives? Surely Eli knows bloods thicker than water."

Misty Gray Misty Gray (James)

D E L I L A H // PORTER

place ;; home.
tags ;; Bellz Bellz neverbackdown neverbackdown Misty Gray Misty Gray
mentioned ;; conor, lucy + mallory.
delilah woke up that morning with her makeup still on her face and the clothes from the night before still on her body. the early morning sunshine flooded into delilah's room, waking the teen up. with a small groan, delilah shifted in her spot and sat up in her bed, her gaze studying her bedroom as she tried to remember the night before. leo popped into her mind and a smile toyed at her lips before turning into a frown. she forgot to tell them. with a sigh, delilah climbed out of her bed and dressed herself in clean clothes.

delilah wandered downstairs and found herself in the same room as conor, mallory and her mother. she felt her cheeks slightly flush as delilah furrowed her eyebrows together, "i'm not interrupting, ami i?" she asked curiously as she stood in the doorway. delilah scrunched her nose at her sister, "meyn gat (my god), mallory, what happened to you last night?" delilah asked as she leaned against the door frame before giving a polite smile towards conor and her mother. anxiety bubbled in her stomach as delilah waited for the perfect time to tell her mother about her secret relationship.

tumblr_p5l6o1ZxxQ1wufk33o3_r1_500.jpg
tumblr_p5l6o1ZxxQ1wufk33o10_r1_500.png
tumblr_p5l6o1ZxxQ1wufk33o4_r1_500.png
tumblr_p5l6o1ZxxQ1wufk33o8_r1_500.png

James Porter

1521067499540-png.412378
James shook his head when Jackson expressed his doubt about Peter. "Pete's done this before and was good at what he did. I need him back working with us again. The only reason he stopped was because Sinead made him. I'm sure by now you have some idea of how relentless she can be. Pete will have had his work cut out getting through to her about this, but he'll be here, trust me." He couldn't help but smirk to himself. "I'm not going to lie, I've spent the last few hours watching my back. I'll be very surprised if I don't have an angry little red-headed woman on my back by the end of the day."

James bit his lip as Jackson spoke about Ciara and then Elijah. "I bloody hope he does know. I still wouldn't put it past Ciara. She spends plenty of time around my brother to have the opportunity to get into his head. Eli made far too many digs at my lifestyle last night and no doubt Ciara will play on that." James thought about the woman's request for explosives and shook his head. "She's fucked up if she thinks using Eli will work in her favour and get her the explosives. I've supported her and the IWU in the past, but if she pushes this then any partnership we had is done. She suggested her organisation is stronger than I believe, so if she doesn't back down on this then it's time we started looking at breaking them down before they have time to expand."

Enzyme Enzyme (Jackson)

Conor Sullivan

1521201840429-png.413048
"PIZZA?!" Emery asked, suddenly perking up from her moping after hearing Kieran's words. "What kind of pizza? I like all the pizzas I know of!" she excitedly told him.

"Good luck with that, kiddo. I'll eat all of them before you can even smell them!" Conor teased the small child.

"No you won't, 'cos that's just greedy and you're s'posed to share," Emery argued. She then looked to Kieran and observed him for a moment, a small smile planted on her face upon seeing the unlit cigarette in his mouth. "Mister, my mummy says smoking is bad for you!"

"Dare you to say that to Uncle James," Conor remarked. "Honestly, don't be so bossy, else I'll tickle you until you throw up." He then looked to Kieran and sent him a more serious expression. "How's it going, Kieran?" he asked his cousin, having picked up on something beneath the man's exterior. He glanced towards the kitchen where he knew James had also been. "We can talk privately if you want?" he suggested. He wouldn't start badmouthing James behind his back, but he knew how abrasive he could be at times so perhaps Kieran just needed reassurance.

"Morning, Delilah," Conor briefly broke off to greet his niece. He sent her a bright smile before returning his attention to Kieran.

Shireling Shireling (Kieran)

Last edited:
Kieran Joyce
Kieran Joyce Front.jpg
Kieran smiled at Emery and replied, "Well you know what they say. Find something that you love and let it kill you." He smiled and then politely replied to Conner. "Oh, I'm alright, Mr. Sullivan," he said, "just a bit run-down this morning. Probably just leftover aching from the party, you know."

Delilah walked past, whom he had seen only briefly and had talked to much less. He waved at her half-heartedly and returned to talking to Mr. Sullivan.

Misty Gray Misty Gray nymphadora. nymphadora.

Peter Callahan

20e24f2548ea2a1dcce053b913d94d20.jpg
Peter had finally unglued himself from Sinead long enough to finally make it over to the Porter House. He loved his wife dearly and knew that she was going to do nothing but worry but last night had been a nightmare given to him a the form of alcohol. Trying to calm down Sinead after drinking so much was a chore, she wouldn't stop crying and made a little scene. Peter offered to get her another drink and that seemed to do the trick. Now one might think that he was sedating his wife by volunteering to get her even more drunk than she already was...but it was honestly better that way. They still had a great time, partying until Peter felt like his feet would fall off from dancing so much. Peter had to carry a very sleep and very drunk Sinead back to their home, that was empty due to the children being at the Porter's. He had hoped they would spend a little alone time together but as soon as Sinead's head hit the pillows, she was out like a light. Peter slept fine throughout the night, waking up around 10 or so before deciding to make his wife some brunch. She didn't wake up till noon and still had a killer headache from her hangover, so he brought the food to her and they sat eating brunch in bed.

When she was feeling a little better Peter decided to take her out for a bit on the town before finally having to head over to the Porter's. Peter had arrived at the house after a short walk over, the dogs raced over to greet the new yet familiar visitor and Peter offered them smile. Shushing them as they barked and stroking their fur a few times, he finally was able to free himself enough to see that James and Jackson were conversing outside. Peter shoved his hands into his coat pocket before walking up to the two. "Evening." He said simply before looking over at his brother-in-law. "Sinead's good for the moment, that doesn't mean she won't change her tune when she comes to get the kids in a bit. You have been warned." He took a moment to wipe his face with both of his hands, the worry about his wife being upset with him was taking control. "Nice to see you again Jackson, you look a lot better today than last night." His words were only joking, making friendly talk with the man he would complete this assignment with. He smiled in the man's direction before turning to James again.

"I love the woman with everything I have but she doesn't take not getting her way all too well." A small smirk played on his lips. He knew that Sinead was wanting a normal life, one without having to be involved in all of the chaos from before but he wasn't going to sit idly by any longer. "Alright boss, what's on the agenda for tonight." He asked.
With: James Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Jackson Enzyme Enzyme Mentions: Sinead

Sinead Callahan

jhm,.pngMuch of what happened after Peter dropped the bombshell on Sinead was a blur to her. She remembered most of what Peter told her and what she said in response, but then she vaguely remembered more drinks and more dancing. The next thing, it was noon the following day and she woke up in her own bed. She didn't want to get up and though it was partly the hangover, she still felt upset at her husband. However, when Peter brought her brunch, she blamed her silence on her headache as she didn't want to get into an argument. He'd made himself clear the night before so she decided to just eat the food he'd kindly made for her.

Peter had taken Sinead out into town for a bit and she put on a smile to avoid any confrontation. She didn't want to become a nagging wife, despite how much she still had to say to him. It wasn't so much that she felt like her words didn't matter, but she was afraid of becoming someone who sat at home all evening worrying her husband might not return. After losing the two men in her life over a decade ago; Emmet and Angel, she was scared of losing Peter now too.

When Peter left her to join James and Jackson, it made everything seem so final. However, she forced back any urge to cry and marched into the kitchen where she began preparing a quick dinner for the children. She then made her way across to the Porters to get the kids home. She was relieved to see Skye with Savannah and Braden. "Hey there. It's great to have you back," she told the nanny, placing a friendly kiss on her cheek. "Are you going to be alright looking after the children tonight?" she softly asked.

"Hey, that's why I'm here. Right?" Skye asked, a bright smile on her face. "Are you and Peter going out tonight?"

"Yeah, but we're not going together." She glanced to the kids and sighed. "He's doing his thing and I'm doing mine. The Jazz Club won't run itself, will it?" She looked back to the house before changing the subject. "I've made dinner for the kids. Would you be able to take these two darlings home whilst I find Emmy?" she asked of Skye.

Sinead then headed into the Porters house. She saw Lucy, Delilah, Mallory and Kieran, as well as Conor with Emery. "Evening," she said, not making any effort for a conversation. "Come on, Emmy. Dinner's ready," she told the child, beckoning her over, whilst remaining standing in the doorway.

"Mummy!" Emery happily called out. She jumped down from Conor's knee and rushed over to give Sinead a hug. "Kieran is making pizza. I'm going to have pizza."

"Oh, well that's really sweet of Kieran and I'm very grateful. But I've made dinner and you have to come home. Skye is waiting for you and you've stayed over here long enough for one day." Sinead just wanted to get out of the Porters house so she didn't have to confront James yet, not in front of Emery. After another demand for pizza, Sinead firmly refused and carried her daughter out of the house without another word to anyone left back in the lounge.

Sinead helped Skye get the children settled at the dinner table before she headed upstairs to get dressed up. She needed to go out and distract herself from worrying. She hadn't had time to make plans with any of her friends, but she would just hang out around the Jazz Club instead. With a bit of luck, some of the regulars would be there tonight.

Mentions: Bellz Bellz (Peter) And basically whoever was still in the Porters lounge.

Last edited:
Lucy Porter
large.jpg

A short laugh flew past her lips before Conor spoke. The look on his face said it all, smug was the word. Rolling her eyes, Lucy let Conor have his moment to shine, up until he took it a bit to far by making her bedroom situation a topic of discussion in front of her daughter. "AH SHHHH!" Lucy gasped and said loudly, looking at both Mallory and little Emery before glaring Conor's way, hopefully silencing him with the look. Thankfully, he had seemed to catch the drift and stopped the sentence short. Lucy raised an eyebrow as Mallory answered laughing as she said she blamed Finn for all the drinks she had the night before. "Feels like someone is stepping on it repeatedly, but I've been through worse." It was true, she had quite a few scars from bullet holes. Her hand floated to the one near her belly button, pressing a firm palm there for a moment before letting her hand fall to her side again. "I too blame Finnian for the amount of drinks I had last night, your poor father had to carry me off to bed...at least I think that's who it was." Her cheeks warmed from the blush growing on her skin, embarrassed that last night was still kind of a blur. Lucy looked towards the clock on the wall before sighing, knowing that she needed to return to being a mother and a wife, the fun was over. She was about to turn to head towards the kitchen when Kieran greeted them all. Lucy smiled widely at the news of pizzas having been made, slightly relieved she didn't have to make lunch. She could enjoy it for once. It wasn't like she couldn't do so any other time, but the role of a mother wasn't easy. She tended to serve herself last in almost every aspect, making sure her family got what they needed before she sat down to do something for herself, that included eating. Her meal often was cold by the time she made it to the table but she would be took hungry to try and warm it up again.

"Thank you so much Kieran!" Lucy said happily. She was interrupted when Sinead stopped in. Lucy was wanting to talk with Sinead for a bit but her sister didn't seem in the chattiest of moods. Lucy watched her leave just as quickly as she arrived before being unable to take the growing headache anymore. "Excuse me." She said to Mallory and Conor before going to make some coffee for herself and whoever else wanted it. It was at times like this where she wished to smoke again, even after almost 10 years clean the urge was still as strong as ever. Biting her lip, she wondered if one would really kill her. The house was litter with packs of them. Maybe just one. She thought to herself before looking around the kitchen a moment. Opening the drawer she knew stored packs of cigarettes, Lucy grabbed one out before fishing for a matchbox. Quickly, she tip toed out of the kitchen to the garden.

Placing the cancer stick between her lips, she rubbed the head of the match against the box watching as a flame ignited. Lighting the cigarette, she discarded the burn match before taking in a long drag, sighing heavily as she breathed out the smoke.

James Porter and Thomas Dempsey

1521067499540-png.412378
James looked passed Jackson to see Peter approaching. He sent his brother-in-law a nod and a smile as greeting, before listening to him explain about Sinead. "Ahh. Consider me warned. I'll set Luce onto her if need be," he suggested. Whilst his automatic response would be to put Sinead in her place, he figured it would go down better if it came from her sister. Besides, he was afraid of those kitten eyes too! "She'll get over it, Pete. She always does." James hoped he was right, because he didn't have time for Sinead to be causing drama amongst everything else. Perhaps it was her family's fault for shielding her from things for so long, but he believed she should be used to this business by now. "Sinead's a sweet woman and she means well, but she has to back off on this one."

As if on cue, Tommy joined the three men just as Peter asked what the evening held for them. "Evening, Tommy. Glad to see all three of you dressed smartly," James noted.

"I always do," Tommy joked. He was comfortable in a suit, but apprehensive as to why he'd been asked to wear one whilst working.

James simply smirked in response to Tommy's remark. "This is an interesting one, lads. I've made a deal with the Brits. Whilst our dodgy coppers end up dead before facing justice, one of theirs is presently on trial. They've got a chief inspector on charge of corruption, fraud and sex trafficking. Real nice guy and protected by anyone he can pay off. One of the key witnesses has been hiding out over in Dublin for the last few months and now she's needed in Manchester to give her evidence." James reached into his back pocket and retrieved a photograph of a young brown-haired woman. "Her name is Nora Vasile. English-Romanian heritage and daughter of a small-time gang boss. I need you guys to get her to Dublin Port in one piece and the guys waiting there will take care of getting her safely to England."

Tommy raised an eyebrow as he listened to James' explanation. This was nowhere near anything he'd been expecting to be asked to do this evening. So far it didn't sound like it involved killing people off. If anything, they were being asked to do the opposite and protect a witness.

"You'll need to head to the Majestic Hotel for 7.30pm and ask for John Reynolds. The hotel is neutral and won't be expecting any sort of trouble, but one of you will stay out in the bar, to keep an eye out. Two of you will follow the greeter to the private room where John will hand over the cash deposit and Nora herself. Then you need to get Nora safely to the port by 10pm. There are men around Dublin who have been told to kill Nora the minute they set eyes on her... At the port, four men will be expecting you and they'll be parked in a black Hudson - the top right corner of the vehicle's registration plate will be missing. Stay in the car until the guys come to you. The password one of them should give is Emerald Champagne," he said, rolling his eyes. "They'll hand over the rest of the cash and take Nora from there. Any questions?" he asked them.

Enzyme Enzyme (Jackson) Bellz Bellz (Peter)

Last edited:
5274215.jpg
7713d90844945aa88bdd4f811d47f5d3--dylan-o-brian-memories.jpg

Some time in the night, Aliana made her way home.

After basically destroying Tommy in their drinking game, she was absolutely sloshed. She had long lost sight of Leo and basically forgot about him. Since she didn't have a way home, being as it was very late in the night she decided to crash at the Porter's estate. She ended up in an empty room, face first on the bed. Her clothes were on the floor and her hair was a mess. Yet somehow, her makeup was still intact and not as bad as you may think.

The next morning, she awoke in a confused state. She didn't know where she was or how she had gotten there, just knowing that she wasn't in her own home. She was most definitely hung over, just without the headache. Her stomach was aching and bouncing between throwing up all over the place or relieving itself. Either way, she simply had to get out before anyone caught sight of her in this state. Slipping her dress back on, she managed to slip from the estate without being noticed and made her way home.

That's where she had been for the remainder of the day, with Leo. At some point in the night, he had made his way home sober. He figured she would either stay the night or someone would call for him to get her. No one was stupid enough to even try anything with his sister so he knew that wouldn't be a problem. When she came creeping in, he had already laid out her hang over remedy in preparation. With a grin, he shook his head. "Well look at you. Walk of shame, eh?" To which she replied with the middle finger and telling him to piss off.

A few cups of water, tea,some sort of powder Leo had fed Ali to make her stomach stop hurting, a LONG bath, and Aliana was back to her normal self. She was walking around her restaurant as if she wasn't a mess just a few hours ago. Leo was with her for a while, before parting ways. Ali wouldn't let it be known that she was worried about him, seeing as he still hadn't told her the truth about he and Delilah. But, he was an adult and she wasn't going to hound him about what he did and who he dated.

After some sibling banter, Leo made his way to the Porter's resident. The night before, he never got the chance to speak to James about both his daughter and about employment. He was very determined to join, even if it was something little. His reasoning being he wanted to do more for his community. Even though the things James' did were illegal, Leo saw him doing more for the people than the actual government. He wanted to help James in anyway he could. Arriving at the estate, he was nervous. More so because he would have to tell this scary man that he was dating his daughter, not because he was asking for a job.

Mention: James ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )

Sinead Callahan and Ciara Hennessy

89967300ad94381c4d9c2fdd41965750.jpgWhen Sinead arrived at the Jazz Club, she was informed the band was running a little late. In need of a distraction, she decided to take to the stage and play the piano until the main event. It was times like this that she looked forward to getting up on stage and singing. She'd turned down some offers lately, wanting to spend more time with her family but also to avoid her sleazy manager for a time. Still, considering her recent discussion with Peter, she was now considering to get back to doing what she'd always dreamed of. Perhaps she and Peter had become too complacent and they did need to do what made them happy. Despite this, as she played the piano and looked out to the customers seated around the club, she found herself searching for a particular face. She soon turned her vision down to her hands as she knew Peter wouldn't be around tonight.

The band soon arrived and Sinead handed the stage over to them before heading to the staff side of the bar. She hoped Ali would join her once she finished up at the restaurant. For now, she wanted to keep herself busy, so figured she'd help out with serving the customers. She soon enough found herself standing opposite the familiar face of Ciara Hennessy. They hadn't really spoken one-to-one before, but Sinead knew who she was and that she was associated with James' business. "What can I get for you?" Sinead asked, smiling brightly.

"Nothing for me. I'm just about finished," Ciara replied, briefly holding up the almost empty glass of red wine. "You're very talented, Mrs Callahan. Definitely wasted behind the bar," she noted. Ciara wasn't a huge fan of sickly sweet women and felt they hindered the women's causes she fought for, but she couldn't deny Sinead's talent. "I didn't get chance to speak with you at the party last night. Was it a good one?"

"Oh, I think so. I don't know. Um, my head thinks not," Sinead humorously replied. "I suspect there were plenty of aching heads this morning."

"Well, as long as you had fun..." Ciara glanced to the clock. "Well, I must head off," she said, finishing the rest of her drink. "Oh, but would you do me a favour? Will you let James know I was here asking about him? Please, tell him I'll be in touch, won't you?"

"Yeah, sure..." Sinead agreed. I'll tell him once I've given him a piece of my mind.

"You're a sweet thing. Thank you," Ciara trailed off. She then turned away to leave the club. As one of the doormen open the door for her, she turned to him and smiled. "Well, aren't you a strapping young man?" she flirtatiously told him. In honesty, it pissed her off when she wasn't given the chance to open the door for herself. That was something for her to grumble about as she walked away.

Mentions: Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Aliana) Bellz Bellz (Peter)

5274215.jpg

There was actually a lot of things Aliana had to get done at her restaurant. More things than she actually thought. Inventory, inspections, paychecks, things of that nature. Getting them all done in a timely matter would be difficult for most, but when it came to Ali, she was an expert. Time management was her middle name and once she got it all finished, she sat back and took a breath. Even though she literally just had a break from the busy owner life the night before, she needed another.

Unfortunately, she didn't forget the night before and remembered a ton of it. Meeting Alex and seeing Conor with his little family stung and she still couldn't quite understand the reason why. Though honestly, deep down she knew what the problem was. It was more that she was starting to fall for him because they related to each other. He was broken and so was she and a very small part of her hoped they could fix each other. But, this was something she wasn't interested in admitting to herself or anyone else for that matter.

Deciding it wasn't something she wanted to think about, she got up from her desk and told the maître d' she was leaving for the night. She'd be at the Jazz Club if needed, but told him not to need her. When she arrived at her friend's place, she saw her on stage singing and playing the piano. A small smile grew on her face as she watched until she finished. Ali never understood why she didn't make it a full time thing. It was a waste of perfectly good talent she thought. Her eyes followed her friend over to a woman she had seen, but never truly met before. She wondered who she was and why she was seeing her a lot more lately. She would have to ask, but later.

She walked up behind Sinead and tapped her shoulder. "Well, shouldn't you be famous by now? With pipes like yours you'd put the best of them to shame, love."

Mention: Sinead ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )

Mallory Porter
dove-cameron-no-makeup-8.png
Mallory cringed when Conor began to make a comment about her parents in bed “oh my poor innocent ears” she wailed in a dramatic manner before a smirk took over her features as she listened to her mother. “Finn is just a terrible influence” she joked.

When her mother left the room to make a coffee, Mal nodded before turning to see Delilah walk into the room “morning” she greeted but made a face back at her when Delilah scrunched her nose up at Mal “way to much alcohol” Mallory replied with a frown before sticking her leg out towards her sister and Uncle “I thought I remembered all of last night until I found this bruise this morning and I don’t remember falling” she bit her lip but a small smile played on her lips. She had always been the wild one out of her siblings and she didn’t know how Delilah would feel about her drunken antics last night.

Mallory watched as Sinead came by and then left rather abruptly but grinned when she heard Skye’s name mentioned, she made a mental note to pop over to the Callahan household later to see her friend but right now she was a bit more curious about her sister’s night. “So how are you?” She asked Delilah giving her a look that should suggest Mal was talking about Leo and if their parents knew yet

Bellz Bellz nymphadora. nymphadora. Misty Gray Misty Gray

[Sinead Callahan

89967300ad94381c4d9c2fdd41965750-jpg.414128
Sinead fell into a brief daydream after Ciara had left. The music being played by the band seemed to absorb into her as she got lost in her thoughts. She wondered what she would be doing if she'd stayed in Chicago all those years ago rather than following the family to Ireland. Would Peter have even stayed with her, considering they weren't married at the time? She just hoped she'd done everything she could to protect him and she hoped he wouldn't get hurt working for the Porters. She then wondered if she was a bad mother and wife for choosing to leave the house tonight. She knew most women were meant to stay at home and look after the kids whilst doing everything for their husband. More than anything, she just hoped Peter would come home tonight as she could never forgive herself for giving him the cold shoulder all day and not kissing him properly before he left for work.

Sinead was brought out of her thoughts as she felt someone tap her shoulder she quickly turned to see Aliana standing in front of her. "Famous? Oh, behave yourself," she modestly shrugged the compliment off, her cheeks turning a deep shade of red. Really, she did wonder what she'd be doing right now if she had followed her dream, but she loved her children too much to abandon them for too long. That was why she only stuck to performing locally, not wanting to spend more than one night at a time away from her babies. She smiled as the brief thoughts of being a famous musician danced around in her head. "Perhaps this is where I'm meant to be," she reasoned. She then grabbed a couple of glasses from behind the bar. "I'm having a glass of champagne. What are you drinking? It's on the house," she offered. After last night, Sinead had no intention of getting drunk. She would make the one glass last and then move on to orange juice.

Once they both had a drink, Sinead led Aliana to a private table so they could talk. "Ali, are you okay, honey?" she asked her friend, pulling a concerned expression. "I know last night must have been difficult for you with Conor around Alex and his daughter." She sighed before taking a small sip of her drink. "He still hasn't spoken to me in days. I'm annoyed with him, to be honest. We used to be so close, but I feel like I don't know him anymore. He's so closed these days."

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Aliana)

5274215.jpg

Ali couldn't help but shoot her friend a playful wink when she was told to behave. "Me? Behave? I don't even know the meaning of the word!" She followed her over to the bar and also took a glass of champagne. Last night's drinking session was enough to last her for a few nights. Her liver needed a break from the hard stuff, so she'd settle for something a bit more tame. With their drinks in hand, they walked over to a table and took a seat. Immediately Sinead was asking about her and Ali just hid her face behind her glass. Was she okay? Probably not but the woman was never going to admit to that.

"Last night wasn't difficult for me at all. Conor and I weren't dating or anything of the sort, so why should it be hard?" The question wasn't for Sinead, more like it was for herself. There was still that puzzle she needed to figure out; the one she wasn't trying to admit. Hearing that the two of them hadn't talked for a few days, she gave her a stern look. "What do you mean you haven't talked in days?" She took a pause. "Wait, do you mean he still hasn't spoken to you about his little... Family?" The way she said family was sort of forced and was difficult for her to get the word out. She couldn't believe that he hadn't spoken to his own sister in days. "Oh Sinny, when I see him he will get what's coming." She stated, downing her champagne flute.

Mention: Sinead ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )

Sinead Callahan

89967300ad94381c4d9c2fdd41965750-jpg.414128
Sinead sent her friend a warm smile and quickly nodded her head. "Alright, Ali. As long as you're okay. I know you weren't dating, but I always figured you were both close enough," she said. She didn't want to outright mention about them sleeping together, so she hoped it was obvious without her saying it. She bit her bottom lip as Ali sent a stern look in response to Conor not making the effort with Sinead. "He hasn't been over to mine for a few days and then he didn't come to talk to me at Luce's party. I really wanted to meet his daughter, but I wanted him to introduce me, y'know?" she asked, hoping she wasn't sounding too selfish about the whole thing. "I'll be giving him a piece of my mind too!" she promised. She knew in the end she'd turn to mush because she could never hate her big brother, but for the moment she was annoyed. Both Conor and James needed a piece of her mind.

"Ali, do you think I'm selfish?" she suddenly asked. "Peter wanted to go back to work for James - which he has done - but I made him feel bad about it. I think I've been holding him back for some time now and I never even noticed he wasn't happy. Now I'm scared if something happens to him, the last thing I did was make him feel bad." She took a small drink of her champagne. "What's happening to me? I used to be way more fun than this and now I feel like a nagging old woman," she said, managing to laugh a little at herself.

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Aliana)

Jackson McCarthy

rsz_jake-dubai-17dec15-04.jpg

Jackson kept his hands in his pockets as he walked. "I honestly don't know how your brotha' puts up with the witch. I'd fuck right off if she spat orders at me like that." He looked up to Peter as he entered the gates, offering him a seldom wave. He chuckled lightly at Peters comment. "That's ironic, cause I feel like shit now." He rested his hand on his gut, shaking his head lightly. "Although I shouldn't be complaining, I wonder how poor Sinead is holdin' up after the amount she drank last night."

He turned his gaze to Tommy as he joined them in the courtyard and nodded to him with a smile. Seeing as they were all here now, he looked to James to explain the job he had for them. The beginning of his explanation sounded all too familiar. Witnesses who couldn't be silenced with a ridiculous amount of cash obviously believed in what they were testifying against, which meant they had a huge mouth. If they weren't afraid of death and couldn't be tempted by money, they usually ended up singing like sparrows. Taking out a single witness would be a breeze. Her only affiliation was a small-time street gang as well? This was going to be a piece of cake. Jackson almost felt bad for the suckers who had to protect her, until he found he was going to be one of them. "Huh... You're really flipping the perspective on us, mate."

When it came to a hit, everything could be planned out. Sure, you'd have to account for different circumstances, but more often than not, everything went your way. Jackson had no idea what to expect from transporting a target. He would feel like he was in someone else's backyard, constantly being watched. "Nah, I'm confident we can get her there in one piece." Calculating possible escape routes and additional protection would take the stress off his shoulders, but at the end of the day - he wasn't the predator, he was the prey.

Misty Gray Misty Gray (James/Thomas) Bellz Bellz (Peter)

Last edited:
Conor Sullivan

1521201840429-png.413048
When Sinead had shown up at the Porters' house to take Emery home, Conor had was going to to speak to her, until he saw she looked like she didn't want to talk. He figured she was still upset with Peter's revelation the night before. When she rushed out of the house without saying much at all, Conor decided to let her cool off a bit before approaching. Things had been so hectic last night and by the time he'd said goodnight to Alex and Michelle, Sinead was far too drunk for him to talk to her about his news.

With Emery now gone from his side, Conor's thoughts went back to both Alex and Michelle. He'd had a nice afternoon keeping his little niece occupied, so he was starting to wonder if Mallory was right and this could all be good for him. Without further delay, he got up from the couch and headed to use the telephone in the guest lounge. He fished Alex's number out of his trouser pocket and started dialling it on the telephone. They needed to talk privately now the truth was out...

neverbackdown neverbackdown (Alex)

5274215.jpg

Ali just smiled and gave her friend's hand a little pat. "Oh Sinny, I'm sure you will." She teased in response to her yelling at Conor. She always thought she was far too sweet to be yelling at anyone, which is why sometimes she would be around when she tried. She would make sure she was being taken serious and not as a joke due to her adorable nature. Still, hearing that her own brother hadn't spoken to her the previous night rubbed her the wrong way. Sinead was the nicest one out of all of them and she surely didn't deserve to be treated that way.

Her question about her being selfish brought her from her own thoughts as she ordered another glass of champagne. She put on a thinking face and thought about it until her drink was returned. She took a sip before responding. "It's not in your nature to be selfish.. Though if you ask me, you deserve to be." Taking a pause she took a deep breath. For so long she wanted to tell her this, but always thought it would come out wrong or something. But, since she asked...

"You do everything for everyone all the time. You didn't start a singing career because you had kids and got married. The way I see it, if Peter can do what he wants you should definitely do the same. Don't even worry about the kids because you know I'll take care of them." With a shrug of her shoulders, she took another sip. "I just feel like you need to live your life before you really do become an old, nagging woman." She joked trying to lighten the mood. "And just talk to Pete. I'm sure he was happy and still is, he just wasn't... Content?"

D E L I L A H // PORTER

place ;; home.
tags ;; neverbackdown neverbackdown Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess
mentioned ;; leo + mallory.
delilah's lips formed a silent "shh" and a shake of her head, long whisps of her brown hair falling in front of her face. deliah turned around to face her mother, opening her mouth to speak when suddenly her mother left and other people walked in and out. the young teen slumped into the chair with a defeated look, before hearing a knock on the door.

"i'll get it," delilah yelled before she quickly stood up and raced to the door. as she passed by a mirror, delilah slipped the loose strands behind her ears and dusted off her pyjamas to mkae herself look somewhat presentable. she released a deep sigh before opening the door, only to realise her boyfriend was standing on the other side. "leo?' delilah questioned in a hushed voice, looking behind her in case anyone appeared behind her, "what are you doing here?"

tumblr_p5l6o1ZxxQ1wufk33o3_r1_500.jpg
tumblr_p5l6o1ZxxQ1wufk33o10_r1_500.png
tumblr_p5l6o1ZxxQ1wufk33o4_r1_500.png
tumblr_p5l6o1ZxxQ1wufk33o8_r1_500.png

Alexandra and Michelle Romano
mila-kunis-ge--6410505-.jpg
When Michelle had finished breakfast, the two moved into the sitting room to watch some television. Off course, Michelle demanded on some of the silly cartoons that repeated on weekend mornings and Alex unwillingly agreed and sat on the couch beside her hugging Michelle into her side. She was glad for the peacefulness at the minute but knew it wasn’t going to last very long. Michelle would eventually get restless and want to go out or have Alex entertain her in some way.

Alex heard her phone ring from the kitchen and excused herself gladly from the sitting room before moving to get the phone. She just hoped this wasn’t the restaurant, she rarely got to enjoy her evenings off. “Hello” she greeted in a professional manner but a smile took over her face as she heard Conor’s voice on the other end. “Do you want to come to mine or will we meet somewhere?” She asked allowing him to choose the destination.
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Mallory Porter
dove-cameron-no-makeup-8.png
Mallory laughed at her sister shushing her, her words had been innocent and inconspicuous, she could have been a lot more obvious but she guessed it was a touchy subject with her sister. When the doorbell rang Mal watched as Delilah ran off to get it and listened carefully as she heard Leo’s voice. So that was Delilah occupied for the evening before Mal could say anything more she watched as Conor got up and left the room, she could guess he wasn’t going to be back anytime soon. Mal bit her lip as she thought of her options, she didn’t want to spend the evening with her hungover parents.

Eventually she stood up and moved to the hall putting on a pair of runners as she decided this was the perfect time to leave the house. Mallory walked out the door without a word and made her way towards the Callahan’s house.

Mallory let herself in the backdoor and followed the sounds of voices to where everyone was. “Skye” she squealed excitedly, slightly hurting her own head before moving over to hug her friend “your home” she commented in the same tone.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Rudolph Meyers and Kieran Joyce
"One hundred and eighty-eight," Rudy murmured with a sigh as he counted the last of the sticks of dynamite that the Porters kept sealed up in the crates at the back of the warehouse, "same as always." He stood back aways, looking disheveled in his shirt-sleeves with a few strands from his grease-slicked hair falling loose. He motioned with crowbar in hand for his men to seal the crates back up, carefully, then walked out of the room. By now, the guards were slowly but surely changing shifts and he knew it was about time for him to take his paycheck and run. It was Sunday, pay day, time to pay the rent and get drunk.

Rudy was putting his cap and coat back on as he started chatting up an old workhorse of the Porters' who was handing out small, bulky envelopes.

Rudy Meyers.jpg"Evening, Paul."

"Hey, Rudy. Good to see that Ph.D. in Counting you got from Oxford has been paying dividends," he said, handing the German his paycheck.

"Har har. I used to do shakedowns too just like the rest of you heathens, but I'm getting creaky in the joints now." Rudolph pocketed the envelope without a word about it.

"Ain't you gonna count it?"

"No need. Mr. Porter's never screwed me before." He said, headed out the door.

His car was parked on a sloping parking lot outside a service station. He always worried that one day he would forget the parking break on the old '38 Volkswagen and it would go rolling into the guard rail, but at this point he didn't think that would really matter. The car was falling apart anyways. He flopped into the driver's seat and keyed the ignition, his heart leaping a bit that the car started at all. Doing his ritual of pumping the clutch he got the car into gear and down the highway.

The one thing that Rudolph Meyers liked more than anything was spontenaeity. You could say he was explosive like that. That's why the warehouse job sort of got under his skin sometimes. But it was important, and well-paying, and he did other things as well. More exciting things like transporting the stuff whenever it moved, for one. But it seemed that in his later years, the only excitement he could reasonably rely on was getting drunk and seeing where the night took him. This, he had to admit, was not a model for a sustainable lifestyle especially because the liquor sat less and less easily with him and his charming good looks weren't exactly what they once were. But that was thinking for another time. In the meantime, he had been asked to see Mr. Porter this afternoon and so do that he would. Parking his jalopie behind Kieran's Bentley again, he walked into the house through a side door to find the lounge basically deserted, save for Kieran who was reading the newspaper and smoking.

"Well met, Herr Meyers," said Kieran jokingly through a cloud of smoke. Rudy chuckled.

"Where's Mr. Porter?"

"Talking business in the courtyard, I think. I believe that pizza in the oven is about done," the youth mused, closing the paper and folding it neatly on the table beside him before rising with an automatic wave for Rudy to come forward.

"Come on, let's get some."

Kieran Joyce Front.jpgRudy followed eagerly into the kitchen, where Kieran took the pizzas out of the oven, said a short blessing over them, and cut them into the standard eight pieces before taking one and offering one to Rudy himself. Rudy could see out the kitchen window that Mr. Porter was indeed involved in business talks with two other associates whom he couldn't identify from that far away.

"Let's have a moment of peace to eat before the kids crash in," Kieran said laughingly taking a bite.

"Couldn't agree more, Mr. Joyce. Say, where are Lucy and the girls?"

Kieran frowned. "Well Lucy came in here," he looked towards the coffee-maker and noticed it was on, "I suppose she stepped out. As for the girls, I believe the Callahans" nursemaid is back, a personal friend of theirs."
"Ah yes, May or Margret or whatever her name was. Something with an M, I think."

Kieran nodded, "Sure, maybe." He wolfed down another slice quickly before dusting off his hands. "I'm gonna go round up the--- oh no, wait, they've already had dinner."

Rudy looked into one of the drawers and noticed a package of cigarettes had been left open. He sighed. "I wonder if one of the Porter girls has taken up smoking recently," he said in a disapproving, fatherly voice, "excuse me Mr. Joyce."

Rudy slid out the back door and into the garden, thinking that perhaps he could catch Mallory or Delilah in the act and save them some trouble from their parents. He was slightly astonished to round the corner and see Lucy smoking. He had known the Porters for years and never seen her look twice at a cigarette.

"Well, Mrs. Porter, how long has this been a habit of yours?" Rudy said jokingly as he lit his own cigarette to join her. The playful twinkle in his eye showed he was only poking fun.

Bellz Bellz (Lucy)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back