• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Driftwood Throne - Character Page

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Lore
Here

TheAncientCelt

The Leech Lord
The character page for the Driftwood Throne Game of Thrones RP! You can make up to four characters in this RP and you get one additional character you can make either at the Wall or Beyond the Wall (Wildlings)! If you have any NPC's, you just need to fill out basic information about them from the General Informations section in the formal Character Sheet below!

General Information:
General information about the character.

Name:
Title(s):
Moniker(s):

General History:
Events that have taken place over the characters life. Please include things such as a character’s ambitions and their origins, how a character reacted to lore events that occured in their proximity, and their opinions on various relevant people.

Biography:

Practical skills and weaknesses a character has and how they developed them. This includes things such as martial prowess or proficiency with a musical instrument. This is NOT a place to write subjective skills such as intelligence and charm, as they shall be determined in character.

Practical Skills and Weaknesses:

General Questions
Two questions must be picked from each category. Answers can be any length, but a few sentences is advised. The Martial category is optional if it doesn’t apply to your character.

Casual
* If you're in an inn and Arthur Dayne cuts in front of you in line, what do you do?
* If you're in an inn and you don't have enough coin to pay for ale, what do you do?
* An attractive person catches your eye, how do you respond?
* A group of suspicious characters in armour are whispering in the corner of the inn, they are armed, how do you respond?

Martial
* You've been placed in charge of an army, what's your general approach?
* You're in charge of a fortress under siege, you're running out of supply, the civilians are starving, how do you respond?
* Arthur Dayne has challenged you to a formal duel tomorrow evening, how do you respond?
* How do you react to entering a battle against grim odds?

Lordly
* A member of another house has insulted a member of your close family, how do you respond?
* Your hypothetical sibling is engaged to, their future spouse is known to be abusive and unfaithful, what do you do?
* Your hypothetical sister is betrothed to Arthur Dayne, but she's in love with a butcher's son, how do you proceed?
* Your liege lord has just insulted you directly in front of all of your peers, how do you respond?

Godly
* Do you believe in the Gods, and if so, which ones and to what degree?
- If you're not faithful, explain why:
* Marriage, oath of fealty to your lord, oath of fealty to the king, oath to the gods, which takes precedence over the others?
* If you're in a room with a sword, and you have to kill the your religious head, Arthur Dayne or your mother, who do you kill?
* Someone is openly questioning your faith, how open are you to their reforms, or are they a heretic?

In order to be approved, GMs will ask a specific question or two about your character, with the intention of helping them to be better understood and more fleshed out. Once this question is answered, the character is approved.

Last edited:

• General Information:

Name: Maegor Blackfyre
    Title(s): Captain-General of the Golden Company, Claimant to the Iron throne
    Moniker(s): The King of Ash, He Who Blankets the Earth in Fire and Rides Over the Ashes Of His Enemies, Hero of Norvos, The Black Dread
    Appearance:
    150721135948-jrr-tolkien-restricted-super-tease.png

General History:
    Biography:

General Questions
    Two questions must be picked from each category. Answers can be any length, but a few sentences is advised. The Martial category is optional if it doesn’t apply to your character.
    Casual
    * If you're in an inn and you don't have enough coin to pay for ale, what do you do?
    My immediate course of action would be to send a companion of mine off discretely to arrange for the needed coin, enjoying the ale and chicken as I await. It is unlikely that they will think me want for coin, considering the doublet adorned with gold atop my chest, my finely tanned boots and cape of black and red. I will make good conversation with the inn keeper or his barmaids, if they grow suspicious and want payment early. If they insist, I will force my hand and surrender a garment as hostage. Be it my doublet, a silken cloth or my cape, until my companion has returned. In the unlikely chance that they do not accept this, I and any others dining with me will be forced to make them aware of our identities, for surely they would know better than to ask if they were not so ignorant.

If at all possible, bloodshed will be averted and I am a man above petty theft.

* A group of suspicious characters in armour are whispering in the corner of the inn, they are armed, how do you respond?
    It is unlikely that they intend for good will to come to the owners of the inn and the patrons currently at the establishment. Knowing this, I and my compatriots would be well off to keep ourselves armed in the case that our suspicions are confirmed. We will be amicable to the barmaids and the inn keeper, pay up front whenever requested to and enjoy wine mixed with river water. If our party and those of the guttersnipes remain at the inn for hours, showing no signs of moving beyond the establishment, I intend to speak privately with the Inn Keeper. Quick witted men, these operators of inns and taverns usually are, he will have noticed these brigands long before I.

Without waste, my offer will be made. In return for either complimentary accommodations or the coinage spent over the course of our stay, my band and I will see to the swift retreat of these nerdowells. Whether he takes it or not will decide the next few actions of mine. Were he to refuse? My men and I can leave for the night, for it is not uncommon for us brothers to sleep under the stars, so far as the night is clear. If he accepts? The men of the Company will wait for one of the brigands to retreat for a chamber pot or the shrubbery. With one less man as an enemy, we would make our assault. Murder may not be necessary, but leaving our enemies with all their fingers invites bitter vengeance. So long as they can hold a knife properly we and the inn are at risk.

Martial
    * You're in charge of a fortress under siege, you're running out of supply, the civilians are starving, how do you respond?
    It is distressing that we've come to this conclusion, but we must open the gates and send the peasants out of the keep. Presumably, reinforcements are on the way or weather and bad morale will shatter our enemies. If we can accumulate more time via expunging the least helpful of us defenders, I must take that action. Hopefully, our enemy will treat them with honor, being made up mostly of non combatants.

Apprehensive. It is not wise to show such emotions, instead I will put on a confident facade and attempt to promote cheerful and boisterous attitudes leading up to this coming conflict. If we must meet a greater enemy in pitched conflict, there is no alternative. Through superior tactics and a hardened resolve, we'll push through the day.

Lordly
    * A member of another house has insulted a member of your close family, how do you respond?
    It must be decided if my House has wronged the other. If that is not the case, I intend to make the cur answer for this slight. If he is a man of weak wills and reputation, vain to all things earthly, I will criticism him. Should he be a man of strong constitution? I will have rumors spread of his lady, forge debaucherous lies that hurt those around him and employee whores to explain vicious activities that goes on when this lord's son visits.

* Your hypothetical sibling is engaged to, their future spouse is known to be abusive and unfaithful, what do you do?
    Violence and bloodshed very rarely will be the immediate course of action for a man such as myself. Though, when the safety of a family member is concerned, I must act. Their reputation, likely true to some extent, will lead to their ultimate demise. Poison is the weapon of women, so I will have him swallow enough of it to contaminate the trident and have eyes focused towards those who he's beaten and cheated in the past. We will arrange a better marriage for my sibling.

Godly
    I believe in all Seven, though I pray to the Warrior most of all. While I have questioned my faith, it ultimately is beyond my understanding. I am a mortal man whose concerns are trifling matters for the divine. However, I do not believe the voices of the Seven are infallible, nor do I intend to take Septons into my camp and heed their advice. I am moderate in my appreciation to the Seven, knowing that certain men of faith have abused the gods for their own benefit.

* Marriage, oath of fealty to your lord, oath of fealty to the king, oath to the gods, which takes precedence over the others?
    Marriage
    Fealty to the King
    The Gods
    Any Lords

A union between a woman and man is deep and personal, where your attention may linger for days on end. It is also the simplest to keep, with only one person needing your attention and mostly being far less demanding than any other. Ultimately, it is the duty of every husband to keep himself loyal to his lady wife. Regardless of who intervenes. The next oaths are admittedly difficult, but ultimately Fealty to the King is more important, for the king will decide how your earthly life is managed. Any spiritual affairs can be dealt with years later. Lords may be respected, but they do not directly impact me as of yet.

Last edited:

• General Information:
    Name:
    Maegor Longwaters
    Title(s): Scion of House Longwaters
    Moniker(s): Maegor the Small
    Appearance: About a head shorter than the average man, and frail of limb as well as build, Maegor Longwaters possesses few traditionally masculine traits, though his inherited Valyrian features give him an ethereal look. Were he a woman, he would be considered quite pretty, though his feminine attributes look rather out of place upon a man. His hair is a murky brown, straight and left to hang around his shoulders, sometimes tied back in order to keep hair out of Maegor’s eyes. Its accompanying beard takes a more regal appearance, adopting styles more common in old Valyria: white-gold and groomed close to the face. Like his Targaryen and Velaryon ancestor’s Maegor’s eyes are violet in colour, and his skin is pale, though it has grown pockmarked over the years. Handsome by no one’s standards, though not without his appeal, Maegor’s most distinctive characteristic is his left arm, which is withered and six inches shorter than his right, due to a defect at birth.

General History:
    Biography:
    Prior to the ascension of King Aenys II Velaryon, House Longwaters lived in relative poverty. Whilst they could boast descent from both the royal House of Targaryen, and their noble Velaryon subjects, the Longwaters family lacked significant holdings of their own, and the majority of the wealth that they accumulated over the years had been spent in maintaining the appearance of an aristocratic lifestyle. By the time that Maegor’s grandfather, Ser Daemon Longwaters, ascended to the head of the family, they had become little more than household retainers to House Velaryon of Driftmark, and could barely be distinguished from commonfolk, save for their inherited valyrian eyes. Ser Daemon was no exception, and became a sworn sword to Lord Maekar Velaryon, whom he would follow to King’s Landing upon the man’s appointment as Master of Ships. Maekar would rise to the position of Hand of the King in 289 AC, and following the promotion of the office’s previous inhabitant to Master of Laws, Daemon would be appointed Commander of the City Watch. It was during this period that Maegor was born.
    Maegor’s father was Ser Rhaegar Longwaters, who had been named in honour of Crown Prince Rhaegar Targaryen. Ser Rhaegar had been appointed Captain of the Dragon Gate by his father, though his main notoriety came from his skills as a tourney knight. It was during one such tourney, in celebration of Maekar Velaryon’s appointment as Hand of the King, that Rhaegar had met Maegor’s mother, Elaenor Darklyn, whom he had crowned his ‘Queen of Love and Beauty’ and later courted, taking her as his wife. With ties to House Darklyn, a powerful family within the Crownlands, Ser Rhaegar was able to afford a modest manse within the capital, which would serve as Maegor’s childhood home.
    In his youth, Maegor had been a sickly child. Complications with his birth had caused his left arm to be withered, disfigured, and much shorter in length than his right, this inhibited Maegor’s ability to perform many physical activities. As a child, he was mocked relentlessly for his disability, as well as his diminutive height, especially by his brother Daemon, who was merely a year his junior yet boasted immense size and strength. Growing up, the two boys fought often, a pursuit that was actively encouraged by their grandfather, who saw competition as a vital way to build strength of character, and often pitted the two against each other.
    Maegor was only a young boy when Aenys Velaryon took the throne in a bloody coup. His grandfather had been personally responsible for many of the great atrocities that had occurred upon that night, and his father had been likewise involved, though to a lesser extent. Maegor himself had been present with his mother at the Great Sept of Baelor when it had been stormed by the City Watch, and although he had been unharmed, the events had a profound effect upon the boy. That was the night he learned that he was descended from monsters.
    Life drastically improved for the Longwaters family after that. For their service to the crown, the Longwaters family was rewarded generously with both gold and offices, with Daemon Longwaters serving briefly upon King Aenys’ first Small Council as Master of Whisper, and his son Rhaegar succeeding him as Captain of the City Watch. Maegor himself would see his life change greatly, now being raised in the Red Keep alongside the Princes and Princess along with other children of high birth. Longwater’s standing would only grow greater as both Sers Daemon and Rhaegar captained ships during the ‘War of the Waves’ which saw more boons bestowed upon the family, including Maegor getting the opportunity to squire under Hand of the King: Viserys Velaryon.
    Unremarkable in almost every way, Maegor did not see a great amount of action during his time as a squire. As Hand of the King, Viserys Velaryon mostly remained within the capital, and Maegor’s primary duties revolved around sending messages and fetching wine. In 311 AC however, that changed when Danelle Whent called a tourney at Harrenhal before murdering half of those in attendance. The King called his banners to combat Whent’s rebellion, a call which Viserys and his dutiful squire willingly answered.
    The Siege of Harrenhal lasted the better part of a year, and throughout all of it, Maegor remained with his liege, outside the keep. Aenys had built his own makeshift fort: ‘The Aenysfort’ from which he would hold court, and the entire Longwaters family was in attendance. Daemon Longwaters had become a very valuable asset to the King, and following the siege and the deposition of House Whent he was officially named ‘Lord of Harrenhal.’
    Not all was well for House Longwaters. Many have claimed over the years that Harrenhal is a cursed fortress, and that all those that inhabit it are doomed to a terrible fate, it is unknown whether these speculations have any validity, however it is undeniable that the castle has seen many tragic occurrences during its lifetime. The victory at Harrenhal was heralded by a large celebration outside the keep, including a feast and a tourney. Ser Rhaegar Longwaters had been a participant in this tourney, and saw great success. The final tilt saw Rhaegar face another knight, and it seemed as if House Longwaters would seal their new acquisition with another great victory. Tragedy stuck, however, when the lance of Rhaegar’s opponent struck false and caught the man in the head. Ser Rhaegar lived, but he was a changed man, and the blow to his head had left him slow. Maegor could barely face his father following thate day.
    Now in line to inherit the second most powerful Lordship in the Riverlands, Maegor terminated his squiredom to Lord Viserys in order to remain in Harrenhal with the rest of his family. His increased status also allowed him to be wed to his childhood friend, whom he had met during his time in capital, Lady Celia Tully. The couple would only have a single child: Aenys Longwaters, in 315 AC, though they continue to try for more children.
    Maegor was present during the ‘Reyne Rebellion’ under the command of his father, though he saw no actual fighting, and has not so much as lifted a sword in many years. Instead he dedicates his time to other passions such as artistry, though this is looked down upon by his family.

Practical Skills and Weaknesses: Not particularly skilled at arms, nor any martial pursuits, what Maegor lacks in talent he makes up for in determination, having dabbled in a myriad of different activities over his lifetime. He is an average rider, despite his disabilities and learned horsemanship from his father, who had been an expert tourney knight in his youth. An experienced painter, as well as an avid fan of tennis, whilst Maegor lacks the physical strength to participate in tourneys and other competitions of skill, he grew up watching others do so in his stead, and as such as developed a habit of gambling, which, over the years has allowed him to develop a talent in picking out the strongest knights and most accurate marksman before even seeing them compete.

General Questions:
    Casual

* If you're in an inn and Arthur Dayne cuts in front of you in line, what do you do?
    Weak willed and mildly cowardly, Maegor would do little but mutter a curse under his breath and allow the slight to go unanswered. His mind would continue to think about this grave insult for many days, questioning whether there was something that he could or should have done, he’d think about how great it would’ve been if he’d said something cool, or beaten up Arthur Dayne, but ultimately decide that Arthur Dayne isn’t even worth his time.

Maegor would not give them the time of day. They’ve probably got somewhere to be and it’s none of his business. Plenty of people go around armed these days, and as long as they’re not bothering him, they’re free to go about their business as normal. They’re not even worth his time.

Martial
    Perhaps he would not be the first to suggest it, perhaps the thought would only start out small, but eating the civilians is not out of the question. Maegor likes living. Maegor is more important than the civilians. The civilians are probably going to die anyway, so there’s no use in wasting his chance of survival for ‘social convention.; There’s nothing wrong with having your own back in this situation, and it’s not like anyone else will ever find out.

* Arthur Dayne has challenged you to a formal duel tomorrow evening, how do you respond?
    Tell Arthur Dayne he’s made a huge mistake. Does he know who he’s dealing with? Maegor would threaten Ser Arthur and try and get him to back off, possibly using his family’s men to rough him up a bit if at all possible. If that approach isn’t going to work and Arthur is still determined to fight, he’d set a time and place. Then he’d run for the hills and never show up.

Lordly
    In Maegor’s mind, the chances are, his family probably deserve every bad thing that’s said about them, because most of them are terrible people. He’s very unlikely to fight back, and might perhaps even offer his own insults towards his kin to try and fit in.

* Your hypothetical sister is betrothed to Arthur Dayne, but she's in love with a butcher's son, how do you proceed?
    This hypothetical sister needs to learn her place. She should do as she’s told rather than ruining her life for fleeting love. Maegor has seen first hand what happens to women who sacrifice their chance at marriage to be with someone they think they ‘love’ and it’s not a pretty sight. Marry rich, live the good life.

Godly
    Maegor believes in the seven, though he is not as devout as he perhaps should be. He was raised into believing them, and in his mind, there’s no alternatives that can explain the creation of the universe and every other thing that happens, but he doesn’t put much thought into it. He relishes the fact that many of his family may end up in the seven hells, and doesn’t put much thought into the fact that he might suffer the same fate one day.

* If you're in a room with a sword, and you have to kill the your religious head, Arthur Dayne or your mother, who do you kill?
    Arthur Dayne, because that prick has been nothing but a problem since he’s started appearing in poor Maegor’s life. Maegor’s mother is also dead, and the High Septon would probably have him killed.

Last edited:

• MXAiGKq.png

General Information

Name: Aeryon Velaryon
    Title(s): Prince of Dragonstone, Master of Ships, Lord Admiral, Prince, Ser
    Moniker(s): Aery
    Appearance:

Though no giant amongst men, Prince Aeryon looks much what one might expect of a Targaryen Velaryon prince: tall, aquiline, graced with pale lilac eyes and long, platinum locks more silver than gold. Despite the myriad hours Aeryon has spent both outside in sparring and off at sea, he remains pale, though the activity has lent him a fit, lean-muscled frame that well fills armor and the cloths of court alike. Aeryon is not one to find shame in some ostentatious wear, and wears a ring or two of silver and gold, inlaid with aquamarine gemstones when it suits him. Quick both to smile and melancholy, Aeryon's genuine and expressive nature has begun the process of setting soft lines at the corners of his mouth and eyes.

General History

Biography
    Born to Ser Aenys Velaryon and his bride, the Princess Aerea Targaryen, on Driftmark in the year 296 after Aegon's Conquest, Aeryon Velaryon was as many of his ancestors before him a meeting of House Velaryon and House Targaryen's time-honored friendship. For a time, during his childhood, this friendship seemed likely to remain in tact. He remembers little of the first few years of his life, those five before everything changed, but he remembers enough: enough to know that he was never meant to be a Prince. In 300 AC, Aeryon's grandfather Maekar passed, and briefly in 301 AC he lived in a manse in King's Landing, near the Red Keep. A tall, stunning castle, and one he only saw from the outside, for his father - and therefor himself, his sister Valaena, and their infant twin siblings Corlys and Aelora - were not invited inside. Before long at all, they'd all be swept back by boat to Driftmark. But life had not returned to normal.

His father was now the King, and Aeryon was to be a Prince. Not just any Prince. The Prince of Dragonstone. These were words first whispered to him on that ship. Confusing words for a child who'd only started to grasp that his uncle had died, for death was a difficult concept at age five, and his cousin Aerys had only just become King. The ramifications of his parents' meaning would not truly shake him for nearly a decade. Seemingly in a whirlwind, they were again off to King's Landing after a scant few days on Driftmark. This time, Aeryon was allowed inside the Red Keep. A Velaryon throne was brought for a Velaryon King, and upon it as he held court for the first time, Aeryon's father looked resplendent. And even, perhaps, happy.

The rule of King Aenys II Velaryon had begun.

It would be a bloody reign, as its beginning heralded. Whilst war with an Essosi coalition dominated the attention of many of House Velaryon's newly sworn bannermen, little of these matters were introduced to the young princeling. Instead, young Aeryon was swept into an ever-constricting schedule of tutelage, and surrounded by sycophants of all ages. Early in the first moon of 302 AC, Aeryon's nameday had arrived. This was not the first nameday party he'd had, but the mantle of royalty had a way of changing everything. Suddenly, Aeryon Velaryon was the most popular six year old in all the realm. Women at court doted upon him, lords from the realm over were kind, and many brought their children to introduce to him, as well. His jokes were funnier - or at least more people laughed at them - and the confusion that had embroiled Aeryon's arrival to court slowly, with tentatively growing understanding, arrived at acceptance.

By 304 AC, Prince Aeryon understood his place. It was fortunate he'd grown comfortable in his role, for the year proved a tumultuous one. During the second moon of 304 AC, a young Aeryon was shaken as he watched a man nearly die from a fall aboard his uncle Viserys Velaryon's boat; not long thereafter, and the Vessels of War act was passed by his father's Small Council. As it turned out, Prince Aeryon would not board another boat for the remaining entirety of the year, as every trustworthy seafaring man of House Velaryon soon became embroiled in what historians now refer to as the War on the Waves. Months and months passed of political turmoil as some houses relinquished ships, and others refused. Then, the Red Keep emptied. It was to be war with the Iron Islands, they said, and sure enough rumors and whispers traveled from the west, each more worrisome than the last. The fleet had been lost! No, it'd been the Iron Fleet that'd sunk them all; no, a storm had sunk both. Soon enough, more favorable songs were sung. Battle after battle had been won against the monstrous, rebellious Ironborn, and his father, now called Stormbringer, was coming home. When King Aenys II returned to King's Landing a victor, he did so with two children Prince Aeryon had never met in his life: a boy of seven by the name of Ryland Lannister, and a young, squabbling Greyjoy toddler. Apparently, both were to be raised amidst his own siblings, and indeed the years would see Aeryon coming to view both as family. Later that same year, in the last moon of 304 AC, Aeryon would come to meet a young squire in his uncle Viserys' household by the name of Raymus; that, however, is a tale for another time.

Various faces would flutter in and out of Aeryon's life, though some memorable friendships were formed in those years of peace. It was in 307 AC that Prince Aeryon was informed to whom he would be wed. Mariya Hightower, they told him. A young, pretty girl from the south and west, and one with a heritage worthy of a future queen, for there had been two Hightower queens before her, hadn't there? And so when this lovely Mariya arrived, Aeryon had been nervous, and uncertain; and like the predatory sharks of the narrow sea, the young Lady Mariya could smell as much. Acne-face, she'd called him at age twelve, amongst other worse names, and by thirteen despite their betrothal Aeryon had bitterly turned his attention to another. Calla Longwaters, a granddaughter of Ser Daemon Longwaters, with eyes like his own and a sweet disposition had brought Aeryon's heart to flutter and his mind to foolish thoughts of marrying for love. Theirs was a short-lived romance, for love lasts scarce more than a few months at age thirteen, but he'd laid with her six times in that year. One of which, as time would tell, brought young Calla with child. In 310 AC Aeryon no longer spoke to her, but learned that she'd given birth to a boy by the name of Aurane Waters. Despite the disapproval from his guards, and subsequently his father, he went once to see her and the child. He was not allowed the opportunity again.

The next year, in 311 AC in the Sept of Baelor, financed by the crown and attended by Lords and Ladies of importance, many of whom Aeryon did not personally know, he and Mariya Hightower were wed. He was fifteen, and she fourteen, and only recently had they begun to reconcile their prepubescent distaste to arrive at acceptance. The wedding was lavish, and the bedding memorable, and thereafter Aeryon's complaints regarding Mariya had lessened by half. Yet, the year was not over. The Last Dance of Danelle Whent marred the latter half of 311 AC. Returning from his place outside the massacre at Harrenhal, Aeryon's childhood friend Raymus, distraught with guilt over the death of Aeryon's cousin, pledged his sword to the Prince, which Aeryon accepted. More than this, however, changed. For as a result of the rebellion of Lady Whent, at age fifteen, Prince Aeryon's home quite suddenly become a siege encampment aside the towering ruin of Harrenhal. Inside she remained, the murderous and traitorous Lady Whent, who had slain his elder cousin Aerion - and while their names had been confusing at times, he'd wished no ill on his cousin who had become something of a puissant jouster.

During the early part of the year 312 AC at the encampment, where court had migrated to be held in the Riverlands instead of King's Landing, Prince Aeryon Velaryon's wife the Lady Mariya Hightower gave birth. Princess Valyssa Velaryon, the first of Aeryon's legitimate children though marriage, came crying and screaming into the wooden halls of the Aenysfort. Half of the year passed as siege continued. Whilst holding council, King Aenys II received word that Lady Danelle Whent had died, perhaps of starvation; her troops, as they were, were laying down arms in surrender. Prince Aeryon toured the inside of Harrenhal that day with his father, and saw with his own eyes the half-starved walking corpses of guards and Lady Whent's surviving prisoners alike. The sight left upon him a stark impression.

Not long thereafter and the castle of Harrenhal had, as many times in its history, again changed hands: this time to the House Longwaters, with which Aeryon had once been... intimately familiar. A celebratory tournament was held at Harrenhal in that year, and less bloody by far than the previous. Prince Aeryon, a young man then of sixteen, was entered in the joust to represent House Velaryon in a rather full-circle display contrasting the year prior. Round after round of tilts he won, with rather remarkable prowess in besting renowned knights, until he came to tilt against Lord Osmund Baratheon. Six lances were broken. On the seventh pass, Prince Aeryon was knocked squarely off to sprawl in the beaten dirt. Some of the crowd gasped, perhaps worried for him, or the Lord Baratheon; but he was only bruised, and Lord Osmund Baratheon laughing humorously. 'I'll knight you for that, Prince,' he'd said, and done. One of the most memorable moments of Prince Aeryon's life, that was, and equally so ingrained in his mind was the image that followed:

As he stood from that kneel to roaring crowd and looked toward his royal family, his father, King Aenys II, had been so engrossed in conversation he'd not even bothered to watch. This was not the first time he'd felt slighted or unloved by his father, nor would it be the last, but it had perhaps been the most violently painful. Uncle Viserys had been watching, however. And over the years since, Prince Aeryon and he grew closer. In 314 AC, after something of a private row with his father regarding the fate of Aeryon's aforementioned bastard son, now styled Aurane Rivers, he took horse and some guards and rode from the Red Keep to Harrenhal. This time, when he returned, his young son seated on that saddle against his front, Prince Aeryon of House Velaryon was once more denied entry to the Red Keep. Orders of his father, the guards told him, much to his fury. The boy wasn't to come inside. Since that day, Aeryon's primary residence has been his uncle's Seasnake Palace.

Living outside of his father's roof proved a comfort to the Prince of Dragonstone, and for a time he barely partook in courtly matters, preferring the sea and the company of his own growing family. This period of detachment was not to last; reports of disturbance in the west captured the gossip circles of court, and in the second half of 316 AC, despite the late stage of his wife's second pregnancy, Prince Aeryon Velaryon rode west on the king's orders. Victory was swift and definitive, and it was at the Golden Tooth that Prince Aeryon first slew a man. Come his arrival to Casterly Rock he and his men were greeted as heroes, though the truth of the slaughter he'd partook in left a bitter taste in his throat; thankfully, however, the entirety of their arrival was not a bitter one. It was at the Rock that he was given a raven scroll from King's Landing: his first legitimate son and heir had been born. Prince Aenys Velaryon, as he'd agreed with his wife and father upon, who'd been born with his eyes. Aeryon wept openly at the news. He would not meet his son until the royal procession arrived to Lannisport in the early moons of 317 AC for the wedding of his sister, the Princess Valaena, and his longtime friend Lord Ryland Lannister of Castamere.

Fate continued to torment Prince Aeryon, separating him from his children's births. Word arrived to him in 318 AC that he'd fathered a girl by an Estermont maiden, one born with silver-spun hair and the violet eyes of old Valyria. He would not be so bold as to bring her into his household, nor did House Estermont wish him to. They were, however, willing to oblige his request regarding her name, and further to take his coin for her upbringing. Misfortune would strike once more. Come 319 AC, his wife again with child, Prince Aeryon heard the same rumors as others that surged into King's Landing from embattled regions of the Reach: the Arbor had been put to torch, and Oldtown had risen in rebellion against his wife's own family. With the Hightowers cowering amidst Maesters, and the peasantry following someone proclaimed to be King Aerys II come again, House Velaryon again took up arms. Again, Aeryon would march away, and again he would miss the birth of a son.

Keen to have his children and pregnant wife away from the volatile heart of King's Landing politics whilst he was away, Aeryon had brought them to Corlys' Harbor and was boarding them onto his dromond 'Seadragon' to send them to Dragonstone. It was on that dock, with the sunrise caught in his eye and his attention upon his half-boarded family, that Prince Aeryon heard from behind himself an unfamiliar voice. 'Iksan sīr vaoreznuni', the man had said, or as he knew it to mean: I am so sorry. The next few minutes Prince Aeryon remembers largely as a blur of movement and shock. A man, his lips blue and dressed in the garb of his own household guard that'd accompanied him to dockside, had brought a blade nearly inches from him before Ser Eddison Pryor, the Kingsguard, drove him back and off. Before Aeryon could adequately collect himself or respond, Ser Eddison Pryor's strikes proved false, he'd fallen choking on blood gurgling from his slit throat, and Ser Raymus of Red Lake had both killed the Sorrowful Man and gone with him over dock edge and into the water below.

Whilst Prince Aeryon's family's trip was canceled, and all of them except young Aurane were swept into the Red Keep to recover, the war and reasoning for their planned trip remained. Inspections into the ranks of his guard proved fruitless, though one truth remained self-evident: Ser Raymus of Red Lake, Prince Aeryon's confidant and sworn sword, had clearly saved him from assassination. He was rewarded with the opened spot on the Kingsguard, and in relatively short order, they left King's Landing behind to join the mustered Crownlands forces in their march southwest.

The Year of the False Kings was a largely unpleasant one. Only two battles did Prince Aeryon fight in it: the first, the closest to any sort of even fight he'd yet to see, had its own manner of distaste as he nearly thought his own brother, who had charged ahead alone in search of glory, might die. Luckily, Prince Lucerys survived to be knighted, though not without lecture and a furious bruise upon his cheek gifted by the Prince of Dragonstone himself. The second battle he was sent to fight was less that than it was a slaughter of ill-equipped, poorly-trained peasantry with incompetent leadership. And so, Oldtown was liberated in the year 320 AC. Another glorious victory for House Velaryon.

Upon his return to King's Landing, Prince Aeryon was awarded the position of Master of Ships in recognition of his contribution. Ironic, it felt to him, as he'd not boarded a single seafaring vessel during the Year of the False Kings. The years since have been remarkably a degree of peaceful, though he is well-informed enough in his positions to know this may not last.

Practical Skills and Weaknesses

- Highly educated, Aeryon had every opportunity available given to him as King Aenys II Velaryon's oldest son and heir. Tutored by Grandmaesters and other Maesters in histories and academics, by Septons in the Faith, and by his father and council members in what might be expected of him as the future King, Aeryon's mind is one of his greatest assets.​
    - An avid sailor, and student of naval warfare, it's possible that Master of Ships is the accolade thrust upon Prince Aeryon that he is truly qualified for through merit alone, and in another life he may have served the position ably for a Targaryen king, instead.​
    - Martially trained by renowned Master-at-Arms and Kingsguards, it can't be denied that Prince Aeryon is capable of appropriately good shows of swordplay and jousting. That said, he is no great knight of the realm, and it's unlikely to be knightly prowess that Aeryon Velaryon will be remembered for.​
    - Acrophobia, a fear of heights. Then a child of eight, Aeryon was aboard a boat of his uncle Viserys' learning of the seas and sailing when he watched a man slip and fall from tall airborne mast ladder. He remembers still the crack the man's back made when he hit deck, leaving him paralyzed. Ever since, Aeryon has found his stomach twisting to knots at the thought of a similar fate befalling himself, and finds cliffs, balconies, and winding walkways a source of great stress.​
    - Alcoholism, a habit he picked up over time having resulted from marked feelings of inadequacy. A constant slew of corrections from childhood tutors and disappointed looks and quips from his father has left Prince Aeryon questioning his worth and aptitude, and worrying that come the future it will be the realm he disappoints, instead.​
    - Utterly lacking most practical life skills, it's unlikely Aeryon would be able to manage his expenses, cook a meal to feed himself, or wash his own clothes and armor if separated from the luxury he's grown and lived in his entire life.​

General Questions
    Casual
    You're in an inn and Arthur Dayne cuts in front of you in line. What do you do?
    The legendary, historical Sword of the Morning of the 280s? Did you know that I’m something of friends with today’s Sword of the Morning, Lord Garrett Dayne? Or rather, I was as a young man; I know not where life has taken him since. … Back to Starfall, I assume. Ser Arthur Dayne, though, you asked.

To my recollection, Ser Arthur Dayne was a man renowned for his honor and duty; in this peculiar situation in which he has cut in line in an inn - why am I in an inn? No matter - I must assume there to be pressing reason. I suppose I should smile at him, greet him warmly, and inquire as to what quest he is on. I do hope he’d have enough time to speak before rushing off. That would be nice, wouldn’t it?

An attractive person catches your eye. How do you respond?
    Well. I’ve just caught her eye back, haven’t I? She wouldn’t be the first lord’s daughter or cousin I’ve taken to bed, or in some back hallway, outside the eyes of feast-goers. I know. I know I’m to be better than that. Yet really, what do you expect? Haven’t you heard the rumors about me, and the bastards I ‘haven’t’ fathered? As for this woman: my wife does not terribly mind my indiscretions, nor I hers, and I endeavor to keep myself clean of common whores for both our sakes. It wouldn’t do to bring a pox back to my own bedchambers.

Martial
    You've been placed in charge of an army. What's your general approach?
    I could write essays about the differing facets of warfare; I have written essays thus, for my tutors. Could you specify? My general approach for what? Battle? Siege? Acquiring the supply necessary to maintain a march? Delegation? Did you mean in battle? What form of terrain are we in - which kingdom, actually? I suppose that would affect what allies I have nearby to rely upon. Who am I to be fighting?

Actually - yes, why are we to fight at all? Has it truly come to this, this hypothetical battle that must happen, in this unknown place and climate? Couldn’t we have attempted to resolve all of this peacefully before it’s come to this? I’d like to speak to this foe’s commanding Lords. There’s no need to fight at dawn if another resolution can be reached, is there? ...Right?

Though, I suppose if you’re interested in a more concrete answer than my slew of questions, I could provide example. In the year 316AC, this situation occurred. Hearing the plight of my father’s allies in the Westerlands, to swiftly put down this rebellion he sent me to take command of a host in the Riverlands, which we would march upon the rebel-held Golden Tooth. I was twenty years old, but that hardly matters; it’s the title that’s wanted, you know? The Prince of Dragonstone, leading columns of men. The makings of songs, isn’t it? My father knew that; he’s a smart man.

And so I rode to meet Lord Tully, where with him he’d called bannermen, including the Lords Blackwood and Longwaters, men all older than I, and more seasoned. It was their counsel I heeded. Their advice I took, and they who deserve the glory of our victory at the Tooth, and then beyond against the Septon Tion’s forces.

This is what I shall do, when finding myself in charge of an army: heed the knowledge and wisdom of martial Lords and Sers, for I am not one despite the sword in my hand.

You're in charge of a fortress under siege, you're running out of supply, the civilians are starving. How do you respond?
    Oh, no. No, I’ve… I understand these sorts of sieges. Horrible things, where the peasantry turn to cannibalism, and infants starve at their mothers’ breast. I was outside Harrenhal when such a fate befell Danelle Whent, and her ilk following her treason upon my Father. Outside, we waited for a year, and there I was tutored at what became our temporary home.

I know what I’m supposed to do, in such a case. The unimportant are to starve. Smiths, masons, soldiers - those integral for the defence - they’re given rations. In complete honesty, I don’t know that I’d have the stomach for issuing those sorts of orders myself, but… I… I understand them. Hopefully, I should have someone competent at my side to entrust these things to. Someone that could facilitate these cruel acts, that bring me ill to think of. Someone like… my uncle, or Lord Longwaters.

What would I do, however? How would I respond? In the face of such suffering of my people, the people I’ve sworn to protect and defend - what manner of ruler would I be, to allow them to descend to such fate? There must be another way. I don’t believe that every lordly argument must be solved through arms and siege.

I won’t believe that. There must be more to us than steel and hatred.

Lordly
    Your hypothetical sibling is betrothed, and their future spouse is known to be abusive and unfaithful. What do you do?
    Seven, I hope to never find myself in this position. The unfaithful part, certainly, I am in no place to judge - men and gods know this - but abusive, you say… now that’s a different beast entirely.

My hypothetical sibling, being either Prince or Princess, has had this betrothal assigned them in a play of politics. Breaking said betrothal can have egregious consequence; more than one historical Lord has rebelled against their liege at such insult given their children. Given our betrothals are to influential Lords’ children, these consequences grow exponentially larger.

I posit this: the betrothal is likely too damaging to break. Instead, I shall recommend to my sibling that they keep their home and court within King’s Landing, where their new spouse is free to reside with them under what would be a more strict supervision. The Lord’s child gets their betrothal. We get theirs, in turn, and should my sibling ever truly be in danger they can call for our own household guards, who would be only a few breaths away.

Your liege lord has just insulted you directly in front of all of your peers. How do you respond?
    It… would not be the first time that my King father has insulted me so publicly. His is an affection shown through critique in a venture toward betterment. Should he do it in this hypothetical situation, I’ve done something worthy of his disappointment. As ever, I will bear it, I will accept, and I shall promise to learn from my failures.

My father knows best, after all.

...perhaps later, I might find my wife, Mariya. Not that I would need comforting, per say, but...

Godly
    Do you believe in the Gods, and if so, which ones and to what degree?
    Yes. I believe in the Seven Who Are One, as my father, and his before him. As my mother’s family, since their mainland arrival in year two before the Conquest. As my wife does, being a Hightower of Oldtown, and my children, who have been raised in the light of the Seven.

If you’re to ask me which aspects of the Seven I give my prayers to more consistently?

The Father, to guide me, and aid me in seeing justice done. That he may show to me the right path, and lead me in defense of the Realm. The Mother, that I may be more merciful than some who came before me, that I might remember to love our people, as well. And the Smith. I would see the fractures in this realm mended together once more if I am able, and I trust in Him to lend me strength, and our fleet prosperity.

If you're not faithful, explain why:
    ...Why would you think me to be - well, no, it isn’t that I’m not faithful - I wasn’t lying, I…
    ...Perhaps I was lying.

Can you judge me for that? Truly?

Can you justify the cruelty of these gods to yourself? The Seven, who stand by idly while generations of peasantry live, and toil, and die in poverty, on the brink of starvation? Can you forgive the gods for looking aside as the cruelties of parents are inflicted upon their children, children who are too small to escape?

Can you forgive a god who let Ser Desmond Bolton do what he was - what he was accused of doing?
    How can the Father be just, when those people were killed in the Sept of Baelor, and now Lord Longwaters sits in a place of honor in Harrenhal?
    How can the Mother be merciful and loving to all of her children, yet my son has been treated to cruelty, to isolation, forgotten?
    Where was the Maiden, when Aelora was dishonored? And the Father, when my King father removed Lord Baratheon’s head without trial?
    Where was the Smith, when the Starry Sept fell?
    The Warrior, when my uncle Rhaegar was betrayed in Essos? Favoring Crakehall?
    The Crone? What has her wisdom saved us from, in these decades of war and rebellion?

The Stranger, at least, is consistent. Them, I believe.

Maybe they are real. Probably. I’d believe it. I just -- I feel these gods to be no more kind, no more wise, caring, or just than the cruel men and women they allow to inflict themselves upon the world. And if these are the gods I’m to worship… to trust?

Why should I?

Marriage, oath of fealty to your lord, oath of fealty to the king, oath to the gods, which takes precedence over the others?
    In practice, I should hope from my family’s subjects thus:
    Oath to the King,
    for it would serve our House’s longevity.
    Oath to their Gods,
    for it is right to keep faith with the Gods, and revere them.
    Oath to their Lord,
    for one’s Lord has their best interests in heart, and the structure of vassalage is integral to the stability of Westeros.
    Marriage,
    for their wives and husbands love them, but there are higher purposes.

In actuality, in my own opinion? Would it be untoward for me to think thus:
    Oath to one’s Lord,
    Oath to one’s King,
    Marriage,
    Oath to the Gods.

As to reasoning, I shall keep my own counsel.

Last edited:

f92e650b272e5349f53653586f88acc6.jpg

Name: Ryland Lannister

Title(s):Lord of Castamere, Master of Coin

Moniker(s): Red Lion Ryland , or Ryland the Rodent

Biography:
“My earlier years I don’t recall much of to be honest... The Rock I do remember. The Lion’s Mouth was always a fun place to listen to the crashing of waves, jumping from port cliffs into the sea also had been a good pastime... It’s a beautiful place for a young lad... Father however made it quite clear I didn’t have time to have fun. I needed to train either my sword or my mind, not run through the Golden Gallery... My foolishness as a lad proved worthless to my dearest father, henceforth when I was at the age of seven, I was shipped off to Kings Landing to be fostered by King Aenys II Velaryon. The words Tybolt Lannister told me as a boy my final day at The Rock still are engraved in clear memory... But as always, a boy has no say to his father...”

“Kings Landing had a odd first impression upon me... It had a coast like Casterly Rock, but faced East instead of West. It had cliffs like Casterly Rock, but nothing as magnificent. All of it had aspects like home, but never felt truly comfortable... The royal family had been kind to me however. Prince Aeryon and I often dueled in the Red Keep, or snuck away from the bloody Kingsguard whenever I felt bored, and convinced the good prince to deviate his morals... Fond memories with the boy prince... His sister, Princess Valaena, had always been kind to me as boy. If I wasn’t off on a crusade with her brother, or studying in my quarters, I’d be with her. We would talk for the most part, sometimes even spar with wooden swords... But I never once didn’t enjoy my time in her company, a fine little girl who I’m glad to call my dearest wife, but I’ll get to that later...”

“Besides the childish activists I partook in as a boy, I spent my other remaining hours training. Mostly my mind, but picking up a sword for a hour or so never hurt... But I digress, my passion was knowledge as well as power. Both had a... Satisfying appeal to me... As I grew older this lust only grew, and my curiosity along with it. Seven Hells, I even became a bloody spy for myself! I’d scurry around the alleys of the capital with a journal and a good pair of ears, listening to the lords and ladies as they gossiped away... It got to the point where the King took notice of my absences from sword training because of my foolishness, and inquired me about the situation. I responded with the truth, as well as my leather-bound notebook for him to read. I swear to whatever gods this blasted world has he read each page, in detail, and kept me with him to explain some of my scribbles. From that moment forward he understood my passion, allowing me to lessen my time with a blade, and more time observing...”

“I had grown extremely well at understanding a man by time my nineteenth name day approached. King Aenys had proposed my return to Casterly Rock, despite the erupting rebellion in the Westerlands. I didn’t despise the idea, but I had a much better one... Once hearing of Prince Aeryon’s plans to lead the Riverlands folk into battle, I quickly persuaded the King to allow me to traverse with. It would allow the men to see a Lannister with their cause, as well as get me back to my homeland... He accepted my idea, swiftly alerting my father of the news of my departure from the capital, and left me to my devices...”

“The ride to the Golden Tooth is begrudgingly branded in memory to me.. The muddy terrain made for a slippery slope for the horses to trot on, the mass amount of men the Prince and the I led with us also didn’t enjoy the trek. However, when we met with the River folk forces, the conditions had drastically improved... The slaughter at Golden Tooth went in a bloody, very muddy haze... There are only two memories I have from that desolate day. The birth of my scar upon my lip, from a stray slash from a rebel Reyne blade... The other being the massive heaps of corpses upon the hills that bordered the keep... Their stench, their frozen expression of ghostly fear, everything. As clear as day... After the slaughter at the Golden Tooth, Aeryon, the Riverland Lords, and myself rode to accept Tion Reyne’s surrender.”

“With thousands of lives lost and little gain, Aeryon and I decided to ride to Casterly Rock from the Golden Tooth. There was little use of our presence seeing as the rebellion had been quenched, so I felt a celebration with my dear friend was in order... When we arrived at The Rock, we were hailed by the citizens as heroes, as saviors! But that was far from the truth... The slaughter hadn’t been heroic, it had been just that. A slaughter... That moment was when my outlook upon life began to change... The two of us were almost immediately separated once arriving as well, seeing as my father wished to speak to me alone, and would allow me my foreplay later...”

“That was when I was told I was to wed the very girl I dreamed of, Princess Valaena. I was also told I was to be made Lord of Castamere, seeing as the vacant position left by Lord Reyne wasn’t a desire my father wished of for my eldest brother. Settled for second best I suppose... I took the opportunity in stride, enjoying the festivals and tournaments thrown for our wedding day, along with enjoying the company of my closest childhood friends. In that time period I think I satisfied Lord Tybolt, his second choice was showing promise as a Lord. Possibly. Soon after my wedding my appointment to the small council was made, the title Master of Coin given to a man who had never dealt with expenses in his life! A challenge I suppose my father and Aenys devised I presume, but a challenge I took in stride.”

le0l23o.png

Battle Proficiency-
As a boy before leaving to Kings Landing, Ryland has began sword training in the yards of Casterly Rock. Taking his teaching go the capital, he continued training all the way to his later teens...

The same went for tactical training. However, the King began to notice the Tybolt’s son growing interest with books and plans over the sword. Quickly he shifted the boy’s studies to accommodate for such likings...

At 19 however the skills were put to the test when he marched to the Riverlands with Aeryon and the combined Lannister-Velayron forces. Succeeding at both the Battle of Golden Tooth, and the desolation of Tion Reyne, Ryland Lannister has proven satisfactory when addressed with combat situations.

Court Proficiency-
When the King switched his studies, Ryland excelled tremendously. Learning how to handle money, men, and even a position of power. Learning all of the basics from book, he took it upon himself as a boy to learn the rest by experience. As a boy no younger than ten, Ryland went about the capital to observe. Trailing behind lords and ladies as they sauntered through the street, he would listen. Listen to the complaints of power, the plots, he heard it all...

When he went off to defend the West his morals had changed from when he was a boy. He became much colder, more realistic. Seeing how greed had started the rebellion, he knew his desires for power had to be shelved and locked away. No one could know. After the Rebellion his father had awarded him tremendously, and ever since his appointment to the Small Council and his lordship to Castamere, he has yet to disappoint.

Power-
Ryland has always idolized powerful men and their ability to turn the tide with a stroke of a quill. He’s earned his spot well in the world, but his father hold him hostage for it... He doesn’t want to be a hostage anymore. If he had to kill his family for power, he would.

Love Life-
Ryland truly loves Valaena with all his cold heart. Ever since they were children he had always admired the stunning princess, never in his dreams thinking he’d be the one to marry her. But he was.. She is the only thing that could stop him from spiraling into chaos, into a heartless snake. She’s his rock.

General Questions
Casual
If you're in an inn and Arthur Dayne cuts in front of you in line, what do you do?
"I would allow The Sword of the Morning to remain as is. I'm not going to pick a fight I cannot logically win."

An attractive person catches your eye, how do you respond?
"I simply ignore and usher the wench away. I'm a married man and the one I desire is already mine."

Martial
You've been placed in charge of an army, what's your general approach?
"I would ensure that pre-battle formations were set up correctly, often with the best infantry in the center or the right flank (traditionally the general set up near the right flank) and cavalry often split equally on the wings. If I had to lead a cavalry myself I would, however only to have complete control of a mobile unit that allowed me to go directly to important places in a battle, and to appear willing to fight for my men.

But location, size, and logistics always are a weighing factor of a army. I don't pride myself as a military man, but I know the basics to get me by."

How do you react to entering a battle against grim odds?
"I would never allow myself into a situation if I knew my odds of survival were slim. I pick my battles wisely. If odds are slim, than the bet upon my life won't be placed."

Lordly
Your hypothetical sibling is engaged to, their future spouse is known to be abusive and unfaithful, what do you do?
"I advise my sister to be as cautious as possible. It isn't my problem or place to argue against her betrothal. She knows what she's getting into."

Your liege lord has just insulted you directly in front of all of your peers, how do you respond?
"I'd have a witty retort right back! I do not tolerate disrespect towards myself or my wife."

Godly
Do you believe in the Gods, and if so, which ones and to what degree? If you're not faithful, explain why:
"The gods are blind in my opinion. The Seven, The Old, whatever they may be. They are all equal to me. Pointless desire. And men desire only what they wish to see...
Furthermore, placing trust in a unproven deity is simply idiotic. Why trust something that isn't even real? The Gods are a simple waste of time, minus those who capitalize off of the gullibility of others. I respect Septons and the High Priest for that reason alone..."

Marriage, oath of fealty to your lord, oath of fealty to the king, oath to the gods, which takes precedence over the others?
"Marriage. My only loyalty is to my dear wife."

Last edited:

• General Information:
    General information about the character.

Name: Tommen Tyrell
    Titles: High Marshall of the Reach, Lord of Highgarden
    Moniker: The Tame
    Appearance:
    kisspng-loras-tyrell-margaery-tyrell-illustration-finn-jon-amp-quot-%D0%98%D0%B3%D1%80%D0%B0-%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%B5%D1%81%D1%82%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%BE%D0%B2-amp-quot-gr-5b62d92b5240e9.5148604015332047793369.jpg

General History:
    Events that have taken place over the characters life. Please include things such as a character’s ambitions and their origins, how a character reacted to lore events that occured in their proximity, and their opinions on various relevant people.

Biography:
    His parents along with most of his other family died when he was very young during the war with Essos and he was raised by his three Aunts for all his life. He loves them all like they were his own mother because they basically are. He still respects their opinions and trusts them as his advisors but the peasant rebellion has shaken some of that trust as he no longer sees them as completely faultless individuals. During the battle of Highgarden during the peasant rebellion Lord Tyrell led a successful counterattack from the castle when the reinforcing army arrived. Basically, when his army got wrecked he hid in his castle until the reinforcements arrived and he swooped in to take some of the credit.

Practical skills and weaknesses a character has and how they developed them. This includes things such as martial prowess or proficiency with a musical instrument. This is NOT a place to write subjective skills such as intelligence and charm, as they shall be determined in character.

Practical Skills and Weaknesses: He is a master horseman and lancer, as well as being extremely proficient with both the Halberd and the Longsword. He knows how to Read and Write. Developed via Lordly Education. Is also quite lustful due to the Reach's permissive culture.

General Questions

Casual
    * If you're in an inn and Arthur Dayne cuts in front of you in line, what do you do? I tap him on the shoulder and politely but firmly inform him that it is discourteous to cut in line.
    * An attractive person catches your eye, how do you respond? Write them beautiful and romantic poetry and thus woo them with your bardic charm.

Martial
    * Arthur Dayne has challenged you to a formal duel tomorrow evening, how do you respond? I accept.
    * How do you react to entering a battle against grim odds? Grim Odds only worry those who fear death in battle.
    Lordly
    * Your hypothetical sister is betrothed to Arthur Dayne, but she's in love with a butcher's son, how do you proceed? Tell her that marriage is just about politics and that even if you are married you can still have passionate dalliances with whoever she wants.
    * Your liege lord has just insulted you directly in front of all of your peers, how do you respond? I

Godly
    * Do you believe in the Gods, and if so, which ones and to what degree? He believes in the Seven but is not overly religious, prefering to spend is time in vice and sin.
    * If you're in a room with a sword, and you have to kill your religious head, Arthur Dayne or your mother, who do you kill? Arthur Dayne, because
    * Someone is openly questioning your faith, how open are you to their reforms or are they a heretic? It depends on how radical the reforms are. Say they were to introduce a new god to the Seven that would be clearly heretical, but if they were to change the church's opinion of capital punishment for example, that would be perfectly reasonable.​

Last edited:

• INFO
    NAME: Cerissa Lannister / Cerissa Rowan
    TITLE: Lady of Goldengrove
    MONIKER: N/A
    APPEARANCE: Standing at around average height for a woman of her age, Cerissa is blessed with the signature traits of a Lannister: big green eyes and long, thick golden hair. The inheritance of her parents’ good looks and her winning smile make Cerissa an attractive woman. After the birth of her first child, she put on a little weight (having been a very slender girl growing up) and is a great deal happier for it. She is a woman with a love of luxury and is usually laden in jewellery.

HISTORY
    BIOGRAPHY:

SKILLS AND WEAKNESSES
    CARING: Nobody loves their children more than Cerissa-- as selfish as she comes across, she’d give anything to spare them hardship. From a young age she yearned for children of her own, and now that she has them she tries to be a good mother. Additionally, she’s a devoted wife and loves her husband more than she loves herself. She is very good at moulding herself to fit the role that individuals want her to fill, and adapts depending on who she’s with to keep them happy.
    EDUCATED: Though she feels that her primary concern is her family, Cerissa likes to keep herself in the loop and hates not knowing what is going on in politics. She has a good understanding of complex situations and is more informed than she might seen. Able to formulate her own opinions and ideas, Cerissa is not the sort to let herself be left out of any plans concerning her family.

GLUTTONY: Growing up in the lap of luxury, Cerissa has never been without the things she wants. The woman lacks self control or restraint and is like a dog: she’ll eat til she feels ill, and then eat again. The problem extends to drinking (in fact, she drinks more than she eats), and as such she is almost perpetually tipsy.
    PRIDE/VANITY: Cerissa is attractive, she’s been told so and she knows it, and she also comes from a fantastically wealthy family. These things combined have made her opinion of herself fairly positive. Though her pride and vanity have not reached insufferable levels, they have unfortunately made her lack respect for the majority of the people she meets (thankfully her feelings are kept hidden). How could even the King himself compare to herself, her husband, or her father?

QUESTIONS
    CASUAL
    “In what possible circumstance would I not have enough? I can’t bear to think about it. I suppose if I somehow found myself in such a situation, there are other ways of getting myself a drink. I’m quite persuasive when I set my mind to it. It’s positively hilarious how much a man will do for a woman with a set of tits like mine.”
    “There’s no harm in noticing, but I personally operate on a ‘look but don’t touch’ mentality. I am a happily married woman and there would be no point risking that on a little indiscretion. Besides, there would be no point-- no lover could possibly compare to my dear husband.”

LORDLY
    “Do my best to help, of course, by alerting my father to see if anything can be done. If the situation is helpless then I will offer my support but ultimately, if the marriage is necessary, the unpleasantness must be endured. At least until this hypothetical spouse meets an untimely and surprising end…”
    “Tell the silly little thing to adjust her priorities! I apologise if that sounds cold hearted, but there are far more important things to consider, it isn’t all about who has caught her eye at that particular moment. What good would marrying a butcher’s boy do for our family? I’d tell her to think about that.”

GODLY
    “My marriage takes precedence over all other options, aside from perhaps the word of my father. I can’t begin to fathom what I would do if my father and my husband disagreed on a matter. Though I could never admit it publicly, an oath of fealty to the current king or the gods means very little to me. Family is simply much more important.”
    “My darling mother is already dead. I suppose I would kill my religious head, seeing as I care very little for religion. And, by your line of questioning, Arthur Dayne is betrothed to my hypothetical sister. I couldn’t hurt him unless he wronged our family.”

Last edited:
[class=fyuri11wrapper] max-width:600px; height:600px; margin:auto; [/class] [class=fyuri11imagebox] width:100%; height:500px; background:url('https://orig00.deviantart.net/8341/f/2006/355/8/4/icewind_dale_ii_artwork_by_vermaden.jpg') no-repeat; [/class] [class=fyuri11overlayparent] display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; max-width:600px; height:500px; [/class] [class=fyuri11overlay] display: flex; width:500px; height:200px; margin:auto; background-color:rgba(0,0,0, 0.8); color:rgb(68, 4, 4); [/class] [class=fyuri11header] display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; flex-flow: column nowrap; text-align:center; width:100%; font-family: 'Sigmar One', Impact; font-size:30px; color:#fff; [/class] [class=fyuri11parent] opacity:0.0; position:relative; margin-top:-500px; width:100%; height:500px; background:#000; transition: all 0.5s ease; [/class] [class name=fyuri11parent state=hover] opacity:1.0; width:calc(100% - 20px); height:480px; background:rgb(94, 153, 196); padding:10px; [/class] [class=fyuri11content] width:calc (100% - 20px); height:460px; background-color:#fff; overflow:auto; padding:10px; text-align:justify; color:#313131; [/class] [class=fyuri11credit] max-width:400px; margin:auto; opacity:0.3; font-size:10px; [/class]
[div class=fyuri11wrapper][div class=fyuri11imagebox][div class=fyuri11overlayparent][div class=fyuri11overlay][div class=fyuri11header]Toregg Farsight
King-Beyond-The-Wall
[/div]

[/div][/div][/div][div class=fyuri11parent][div class=fyuri11content]
I am not the first King you freefolk have had to suffer, I may not be the last. The one's before me brought the whole of this land under their heel, from the Frostfangs all the way to Hardhome. Entire clans marched at their command and yet they lost. Beaten, broken and belittled by those kneeling southerners, they scattered back to their pitiful hovels. They were never really one army at all. Just countless men who hated each other as much as they hated the enemy. This won't be my army, it won't be the army that marches to take the Nightfort.
Toregg Farsight upon subjugating the Nightrunners

General Information:
Title(s): King-Beyond-The-Wall , Magnar Skinchanger
Moniker(s): Farsight
latest
General History:

Biography:

Practical Skills And Weaknesses:
  • Skinchangers are often feared and respected beyond the wall, yet very few are able to take and wield power. Toregg is one of the few.
  • Although hardy, having been raised in a tough environment, Toregg is not particularly strong and has never been in the front lines of battle
General Questions:

Casual:
Ignore it, the chances of surviving an encounter with such a man are slim. If however such a thing might continue Toregg would have no remorse in pouring some poison down his flask or sending some men to deal with the man quietly.

Send some men-at-arms her way to remind the lady of his status, more often than not they're waiting outside his tent come nightfall.

Martial:
Keeping the men's spirits high and their coffers filled has always been a surefire way of preventing mutiny or desertion, but this simply doesn't cut it, the Thenn were the first to realize that discipline and coordination is what makes or brakes an army. Movements and signals railed by musical instruments and large orderly groups of men are a staple of the King's armies.

You never take the field of battle if not sure of victory, If you're outnumbered the goal must be to harass the enemy, reduce their numbers and to cause general chaos. There is no sense in loosing men fighting a lost battle best live to fight another day.

Lordly:
Blood Feuds are common in Wildling society, families may settle matters of hurt pride through bloodsport until a truce is declared or an entire family lies dead on the ground. Toregg as Magnar had taken a steps in trying to stop this heinous practice by decreeing that feuds be settled through the payment of coin or valuables instead of outright murder. As far as Toregg himself was concerned, slights on one's family or person although never to be forgotten must be dealt with delicately.

A woman is free to choose who she shares her tent with, it is not his place to tell her what she ought do or not do.

Godly:
The Thenn have long had a tradition of deifying their rulers, making questioning the will of the Magnar akin to blasphemy. Although this has been useful in maintaining power, Toregg is painfully aware that such a loose belief system would be of no use in keeping the freefolk of myriad faiths in check. What was needed was a common faith, one that could bring together all the freefolk under the sun. As for himself, Toregg has always believed in some sort of higher power. Like most Thenn he's taken part in shamanic rituals, worshiped the ancestors and carried with him tokens of supposed power.

* Someone is openly questioning your faith, how open are you to their reforms, or are they a heretic?

The wildlings have no real conception of a heretic, Ideas on religion at least in Toregg's eyes are always welcome. In fact in recent years he has taken to bringing mystics from far and wide to his "court" in order to listen and learn.

[/div][/div][/div][div class=fyuri11credit]code/design by Fable Fable [/div]

Last edited:
Garrett Dayne

c6fc2c165498a2f39b420b1e75aa2017.jpg
General Information

Name: Garrett Dayne

Title(s): Lord of Starfall, Sword of the Morning, Ser

Moniker(s): N/A

Culture: Stony Dornishmen

General History

Biography: Being the first born child of Lord Devon Dayne of Starfall, Garrett became the Dayne's new official heir. Given the best possible education from a variety off subjects by the house's maester, he was also taught the basics of sword skills by his father. At the age of 10, he was sent to King's Landing to be fostered by the Lord Commander of the King's Guard. Under the Lord Commander's teachings, Garrett was taught in a variety of skills such as martial skills, knighthood, and other essentials. Displaying extraordinary swordsmanship Garrett was officially named a Squire by the Lord Commander at the time, intensifying his training furthermore. During his time at King's Landing Garrett befriended a multitude of fellows around his age, one in particular Prince Aeryon Velaryon. Another day another duel with the Lord Commander, Garrett never had once won against the Lord Commander but on that fateful day Garrett won fairly and was officially knighted at the age of 16. One could only speculate how far this young lad will go.

Upon returning to his home, Starfall, Garret was welcomed with a wholesome feast before being sent to Sunspear to serve as one of Martell's household guards. As a loyal and temperate young lad, Garrett served dutifully without a hitch as he dueled many to improve his skills. On an uneventful day of standing watch in Sunspear, a raven was sent to a multitude of houses from the Reach, Crownlands, and of course Dorne. It was an invitation to the tourney by Lord Paramount Osmund of House Baratheon being held at Storm's End! This would be the young Dayne's real test of knighthood, eagerness and excitement came over Garrett as he traveled towards Storm's End alongside the Martells. The tourney had quite a gathering of Lords as well as knights. Being House Dayne's only representative, Garrett was exposed to a multitude of social interactions by Lords from the Reach, Stormlands, and Crownlands. After paying his respects and greetings towards the Lord Paramount of the Stormlands a certain young woman fell upon his sights, it would appear to be the youngest daughter of the host! Sylvia Baratheon.

At the tourney's beginning the young Dayne was matched up against an equal opponent, a young knight just like himself. The crowd watched in silence as the two drew their swords as they proceeded to commence the melee. Staring at his opponent Garrett took a deep breath as he reminded himself the teachings of his tutor, however thoughts of the young Baratheon seeped into his mind before being disrupted by his opponent's first attack! Being caught off guard he was barely able to block the attack overhead as he lost his footing, falling back onto his arse. The crowd erupted in laughter at the young Dayne's poor and humorous performance, before Garrett could even react his opponent's sword was pointed at his neck as he yielded. Picking himself up, the young Dayne would burn the memory of the embarrassment he was at his first tourney. Months of continuous practice finally paid off as Garrett made way to participate in his second tourney. News of his poor performance reached many and when the young Dayne appeared at another tourney, many were excited to see him embarrass himself once again. Opposite to many's expectations, Garrett easily defeated his first opponent slightly surprising many spectators. Many called it luck or just a fluke, however proving them wrong once again Garrett displayed a superior swordsmanship once again that was unique to only himself. Opponent after opponent, Garrett would end being the champion of that tourney.

A year or two go by as Garrett began racking up championships in melee tourneys open to both Lords and Hedge Knights, the young Dayne's name began to be respected and seen as a skilled swordsman. His humble, honorable, and heartfelt attitude shown at these tourneys were greatly praised and appreciated by many Lords and knights. Seeking to redeem himself, Garrett attended the Baratheon's melee tourney once again as his efforts payed off. This was a chance to display his interests in the youngest daughter of House Baratheon he thought to himself. And so he did as he was completely shut down by her father, Osmund. Returning to Starfall saddened, the house's council came to a decision to entrust their ancestral weapon, Dawn, to Garrett as well as naming him Sword of the Morning. After many months of back and fourth ravens between the Lord of Starfall and the Lord of Storm's End, Ser Garret Dayne and Lady Sylvia Baratheon were wedded.

Practical Skills & Weaknesses:
- Martially skilled, trained by the renowned Lord Commander and Kingsguard allows Lord Garrett to display skilled swordplay.
- Educated tactician, tutored in multiple historical analysis of battles, tactics, strategy, and army organization Lord Garrett is able to lead an army against his foes.

- Honor, Lord Garrett is especially prideful and loyal to his house and will do whatever it takes to uphold his ancestors' fealties, living by the code of chivalry
- Unskilled House

Relationships: (once characters are accepted go back and fill this out)
General Questions
Casual

You're in an inn and Arthur Dayne cuts in front of you in line. What do you do?
My own great uncle? Tales and songs be told of his legendary skills with the sword and his character would outcast me in the shadows. He is the childhood idol I have been aspiring to become since I was a child. Getting to the point I would take this chance to ask for a duel against the legendary swordsman to compare how far and or short I have masted the art of the sword.

A group of suspicious characters in armour are whispering in the corner of the inn, they are armed, how do you respond?
Many people are armed nowadays for whatever reason. I would not go out of my way to confront and question them, however I would keep a close eye on their actions while being ready to react may the need arise.

Martial

You've been placed in charge of an army, what's your general approach?
The first duty is to establish a stable chain of command and familiarize myself with the men. Working closely with whoever may it be representing the soldiers forming the army to manage logistics and organization of the army. I would then begin to plan out a marching route towards our destination as well as have a back up in case of any disturbances that may arise during our journey.

Before a battle I would do my best to pre-plan some tactics and formations that would make the most of the terrain, climate, and other factors to our advantage against the enemy's army. During the battle I would watch and keep an eye on the enemies' formations and tactics in an attempt to constantly adapt to their tactics.

Arthur Dayne has challenged you to a formal duel tomorrow evening, how do you respond?
I'd gladly accept and take the honor to duel the legendary swordsman!

How do you react to entering a battle against grim odds?
I would do my best to never enter a battle against grim odds as that is just poor planning. I would offer the enemy's general a melee duel instead of a battle to save the lives of the common soldiers on both sides. If the duel is denied I will do my best to tactical withdraw my army do minimize the most casualties.

Lordly

A member of another house has insulted a member of your close family, how do you respond?
I would do my best to retort and defend my family's honor and pride, challenging the fool to a melee duel! No one will come across my family!

Your hypothetical sibling is engaged to, their future spouse is known to be abusive and unfaithful, what do you do?
Doing whatever I can at the time to reason with my lord father's decision and if he still continues to the marriage I'd respect the decision. However, I would to whatever I could to assist my sibling and if there was to be any word of abuse and or be unfaithful I'd ride towards that fool's castle and strike him down!

Godly

Marriage,
Oath of fealty to your lord,
Oath of fealty to the king,
Oath to the gods

My marriage is the most important to me as I would give my life without a thought to my beloved.

If you're in a room with a sword, and you have to kill the your religious head, Arthur Dayne or your mother, who do you kill?
I would not kill any of my family members ever. The religious head would be slain on the spot.

• General Information:
    Name:
    Lucerys Velaryon
    Title(s): Prince, Ser
    Moniker(s): Luke, Lulu
    887564ea6a8ac8bc4e63706bd088b8f6.jpg

General History:

Biography: I was born 19 years ago in the year 307 AC to his Grace, King Aenys II and Queen Aerea Targaryen. As not just the fourth born son but also the sixth born child overall, father did not spend much time with me at all in those years. Looking back on them I wonder if I should now view that lack of contact with him as a blessing, considering the type of man and father he was, and is, to even his first born son. Being born after father had taken the throne also had it's effects, I have no experience of what it is to not be a Prince and the son of the King, or with those that still preach the Dragon as the rightful King all the way up in that frozen hell. My only experience with such a beast is my mother, I somehow doubt her current state is what constitutes a Dragon. It is both a blessing and curse, for I have been raised solely as a Prince should be with all the benefits it entails but am also woefully ignorant of the impact and events surrounding my cousins deposition and the ascension of my father and so can never fully understand why some still, even if secret, hold out for his return. In fact I would hold that they are complete and utter idiots, but again, I am sure they have their reasons for that stupidity.

Growing up without much of a father, that duty fell to the various Maesters, Septons, knights and siblings that filled the Red Keep. I can still remember them recounting the recent events that happened during my fathers reign, events I was not born to see or too young to notice. I wanted to be a part of them, I wanted to be the main character of those stories, someone who would be remembered. Someone who songs would be sung of. I had to be better, I had to be stronger and most of all I had to get fathers attention. It was many years later that I learnt that was a fruitless task. Sure he rewarded me when needed and occasionally treated me as a father should his son but that was always a distant and fleeting wish in between the matters of state. During this time my role model was the only other person it made sense for, my eldest brother, Aeryon. I used to seek him out whenever something bothered me or when father was simply unavailable. He even taught me how to sail, even if I am not prodigy and for the longest time even the tamest of travels made me throw my guts up. With determination I got over that and forced myself to learn. As is my attitude with all new skills.

My martial skills continued to grow as I dedicated myself to it. Hearing stories of great warriors like Prince Aemon the Dragonknight gave me something to aim for, just like those that had been told to me about my father. Aemon became my idol, I practiced everything from his skills to even the way he supposedly carried himself. I was the squire of many simply for the fact I was rebellious, by the end of a session I was presuming to instruct them instead of the other way around....it's not like I was wrong. The use of two swords also gave me a distinct edge and unpredictability. Not a common sight for knights.

I was 14 at the time of my knighthood. A very young age. I can remember the day like it was yesterday, it was without a doubt the proudest moment of my life. The royal army was on the march to relieve the Tyrells from a mass of smallfolk that had rebelled under a man claiming to be, yes, you guessed it, my cousin. I was to be squire to Aeryon for the battle, my excitement was immense and I was determined to prove my skill in some form or another. In hindsight I was very brave, if a little stupid. When we came upon Highgarden my eyes were wide at the sight of so many people, so many enemies to fell. My eyes were like those of an eagle as I scanned the battlefield and spotted the pretender on the battlefield. I will admit, my childish mind at the time thought it actually was Aerys and this would be my glory. As the battle carried on and the peasants were smashed by father my chances of proving myself were lessening by the second and it was at that point I made a decision. A decision some might call stupid but a decision that turned out right in the end. I charged the pretender, leaving my brothers side and any protection I might have had. He was mid speech when I came across him, rallying the smallfolk as they broke around him, cutting the figure of a King. I showed him a real cut. As my sword drove into his heart, the enemy broke in totality, gone was their chance of victory and dead was there King.

It was there the royal entourage found me, over the body of my "cousin". The first man I had ever killed. There were mutterings among the Lords and nobles, clearly in approval. There was also the face of my brother, deathly white and somewhat angry. I ignored him and focused on my father, entranced by what his reaction would be. The King got down from his horse and commanded me to kneel. Then, right there next to the pretenders corpse, my father put sword to shoulder and the vows were said. I could of collapsed from the fatigue I was feeling but the adrenaline hit me for a second time and my eyes were alert. I stumbled on the vows if I remember right, rushing ahead of myself. It didn't matter, I knelt a squire and rose a knight. I felt like I could conquer the world as the nobles applauded and the attention was solely on me. My father and his entourage once more rode off back to whatever duties they had to attend to and I was left alone with Aeryon. To say he was angry was an understatement, I didn't realise at the time just what I had made him feel, I didn't understand that he probably thought I had rushed off to go die. After a stern lecture I was treated to a proper lesson. It didn't hurt much at the time due to the adrenaline coursing through my veins but it left a bruise I would feel after the high was over. I "hated" him for about a month after the event, childish really. Still, I was one step closer to the prize. I was one step closer to Aemon.

It would be another 4 years until a vacancy opened up on the greatest organisation of knights in the realm. The Kingsguard. Multiple times I had asked my father for a reserved spot on that body and each time he refused me, my determination would not be so easy to crush, however. When Ser Osney Buckwell, a disgraceful knight if ever I saw one, was found murdered in a brothel I knew my chance had come. Knights from all over the realm has been summoned for a tourney to honour my 18th nameday and what was the prize? A place on the Kingsguard. If my father would not give me the position then I would win it instead. I entered the lists without a second thought, much to my fathers anger. I could see the hope on his face with each joust that I would be thrown from my horse, each time I stayed on and won. When the final joust of the tournament came, I could see the tenseness of the crowd and the desperation on my fathers face. Only one knight stood left, in the way of my rightful place. It took 5 tilts, each one more tense than the last, until finally I won. A perfect hit sent the man flying and as the dust settled only I remained. The King had no choice, he couldn't refuse after such a public tournament. So it was that with anger, he wrapped the white cloak around my shoulders and just like after that fateful battle, I rised once more. Except this time there was no smile on the Kings face, only sheer disappointment. There was nothing more to it. He...left me in anger. No congratulations, no nothing. He just left like he had done before.

This was my so called father. It was after this event, in the black of night as the celebrations drew to a close and alcohol ran like a river, that I went back to my squire, Airik. I remember my anger being palatable and a struggle ensued...a struggle that ended with....yet more struggle. Gods forgive me. A fit of passion that had been building up for many months now had a release, a release that continues to this day.

Maybe I made a mistake joining the Kingsguard, maybe I made a mistake when I joined that tournament. But whatever the outcome of this may be, I know I have completed almost all the steps. Only one more remains, only Aemon.

- Lucerys is a master swordsman. From a very young age he displayed an affinity for all things martial which only continued to grow with his ambidexterity and with each new trainer. Over the years he squired under the greatest warriors in the realm, never under one long before he went to go learn from another. Being a Prince it was fairly easy to get the attention of renowned knights. With this came a vast and wide variety of skills, combining styles from all corners of Westeros from Dornish agility to Northern strength.

-

General Questions:

Casual

If you're in an inn and Arthur Dayne cuts in front of you in line, what do you do?

The Arthur Dayne? You mean the legendary member of the Kingsguard? Well I....I imagine a man of his talent and well known sense of duty has something more important to do than I. I would have liked it if the man asked me before hand instead of barging in but all can be forgiven, after all, sworn brothers should stick together and petty arguments at such a time would be nothing but divisive. Maybe before he leaves I can have a quick word? A souvenir from him perhaps? That would make my day.

Please ermm.. do excuse me, I better catch him before he leaves. There are so many things I could ask! Maybe I can even see the sword!

An attractive person catches your eye, how do you respond?

I, well, I am quite afraid that my occupation allows little time for such....activities. There is also...another I shan't name whom I am quite content with. This person shall have to go disappointed.... unless I am drunk again like that night....Gods forgive me.

A group of suspicious characters in armour are whispering in the corner of the inn, they are armed, how do you respond?

If I am alone then no need to intervene, if the whole affair starts interfering with peoples activities then maybe I could have a word and ask them to take it somewhere else. It's probably nothing though, if every suspicious group of men in armor were plotting highest treason then the Wall would be a Kingdom unto itself.

If I am on duty with my King father, however, the situation changes drastically. No man is allowed so close to his Grace with arms without permission and if they are whispering suspiciously then they will be leaving whether they like it or not. There are no risks when it comes to his Grace's safety, whether that risk be from friends, foes or strangers. Not that this situation would arise, any inn the King visits would have been scouted and cleared out long before our arrival by an advanced forward guard of the retinue.

Martial

You're in charge of a fortress under siege, you're running out of supply, the civilians are starving, how do you respond?

If it is required of me to hold for the greater good of the realm then I see but one path before me. A duel. I will stride to the enemy commander and demand a duel for the fate of the castle, no man would refuse such a pressure of honour, surely. I shan't even consider that possibility. If they win the castle is theirs, if I win then the army shall withdraw and supply lines will be reopened. If this somehow doesn't work then a final charge shall be the legacy of this siege. We shall not wait to die and waste away like our pages in a Maesters history book, we will usher one sound from a horn and go to meet our fates as befits knights.

Arthur Dayne has challenged you to a formal duel tomorrow evening, how do you respond?

He wants to fight? Well I shan't refuse! It is my duty as a man of honour to answer the call sword in hand. This will be written about for centuries to come! A battle put to song that I simply must be a part of! It will be hard fought no doubt, that adds to strength of my convictions. A time and place shall be set up immediately and no one can dissuade me from this course. This is my moment and time.

Lordly

A member of another house has insulted a member of your close family, how do you respond?

I shall defer to my royal father on this matter, he is the head of the house and more than that, the King. If anyone can deal with such a sleight against his family it is the most powerful man in the Seven Kingdoms. I won't like it and would object in the strongest possible terms myself, however.

Your hypothetical sister is betrothed to Arthur Dayne, but she's in love with a butcher's son, how do you proceed?

It's not my choice who my sister marries. If she came to me for aid and it was her word against my fathers.....that would be a tough situation which I would have to think on. Fathers word is usually final, however, simply by virtue of being the King.

Ah to hell with that, she would have my aid in an instant. Love is not something one can decide and I would rather disobey on this if it could bring some form of happiness to either of my sisters.

Godly

Do you believe in the Gods, and if so, which ones and to what degree?

Of course, what kind of a question is that? The Seven are sacred and have aided me through my entire life. If the Gods did not exist then how would of it have been possible for my feats and skill with arms to have been performed? That is clearly the Warriors work.

The mere suggestion the Gods do not exist is an insult to the Faithful. May the Father judge them with mercy for clearly they are simply misguided and in need of a small amount of aid to see the truth. In the meantime I should get to my daily prayers, I set a small amount of time each day for such activities.

If you're in a room with a sword, and you have to kill the your religious head, Arthur Dayne or your mother, who do you kill?

The High Septon is the avatar of the Gods on the earth, any who harm him shall feel the wrath of the Gods and will be tormented by the Stranger in the afterlife. He is not to be harmed for if you attack him you are attacking the Gods.

I would never harm my mother, I love her dearly and that would be kinslaying, the most dishonorable...practice that exists in all the world.

That leaves Ser Arthur Dayne. Whom I sadly must pick in this twisted equation. I would take no joy in such an event however, if there was another sword I would hand it to him so that it may be a fair fight and not a dishonorable execution.

Last edited:
WIP

3f6ec79dd6065f31069072202e675452.png

SixMoreVodka_Degenesis_FRANKA-ARCHETYPE-FINAL.jpg

Appearance:
A woman of average height with pale skin covered with a few scars upon its surface. She has raven coloured hair and deep brown eyes.

General Information

Name: Kora Bracken
Title(s):
Moniker(s): Rogue Raven,

General History

“Born to House Bracken, I was told that I should strive for perfection. Which I did but I looked to perfect my skills in combat rather than as a typical woman of my family. I constantly looked to enter tournaments or get into duels when I could but that proved difficult due to me being a woman, obviously. I strived to prove myself just as capable as any man and that earned the ire of many I met, not that I let that stop me of course.”

“Being born and raised in the Riverlands made for some interesting times, mostly the continually growing animosity between House Bracken and House Blackwood that was well know years before my birth. It meant that I was taught to hate anyone of House Blackwood which only worked when anyone of that House actually did something that I didn’t agree with.”

General Questions

Casual:

Tell him I was first in line so he should be behind me. Simple. If he decides to be difficult them I’ll move him behind me myself.

Watch them carefully but try not to arouse suspicion. They could be dangerous but they could not be. I’m not one to judge character so I do not assume one’s motives and direction in life. Tough if I feel they are suspicious enough, I will confront them in as calm of a way as possible.

Martial:

I would decide if it were worth it. Can I be bothered? Will he be a good opponent for me? Would there be the possibility of me getting into trouble if I won? Is it all a trick to get me captured? I wouldn’t accept until I weighed my options.

I will fight hard and with all of my ability. I will not back down for anyone. I would rather die fighting than back down at that point.

Lordly:

If someone were to insult a member of my family without good reason, then I will be sure to give them what they deserve. Throw an insult back, or if I deem it appropriate, pay them a visit (no unnecessary killing though). Though I won’t just start yelling.

* Your liege lord has just insulted you directly in front of all of your peers, how do you respond?

I ask what their reasoning is. If I have done something to anger them I will try to resolve the issue. But I won’t stand by and let it happen. Especially if their comments are for no reason. Fighting isn’t my go to but I am willing to if necessary.

Godly:

I don’t believe in the Gods personally. I have no evidence to suggest they exist and if they do, they’re arseholes who leave people to suffer from a myriad of things in this world. If they make themselves known, then I’ll believe.

Oath of fealty to my lord, Oath of fealty to the king, Marriage, Oath to the gods

Up to them really. As long as they leave me and others to believe what we each believe, I am not concerned with what anyone else believes in.

Last edited:
dnVu1Jw.jpg

General Information

Name: Sylvia Baratheon / Dayne
Title(s): Lady Sylvia Baratheon / Dayne of Starfall
Moniker(s): N/A (IC-determined)
Appearance:
Sylvia is a reasonably average lady who stands at 5 feet and 9 inches (175 cm). She has fair skin and long dark hair, accompanied by a distinguishable pair of steel-blue eyes. Sylvia usually prefers dark clothing and stood herself out in court by her extravagant apparel and ornaments, but blends into the background like a commoner when traversing outside of her home - choosing only to enact her charms in court and events, while going for a more casual look outside. She dons a pair of golden earrings and a scripted wedding band, given to her by her husband on their wedding, as well as a golden circlet.

General History

Biography:
The youngest daughter to the late Lord Osmund Baratheon of the Stormlands, Sylvia was raised in Storm's End alongside her siblings. Even as the youngest daughter, she did not receive as much attention from her parents as she had hoped. Since a young age, she served as a handmaiden to the Queen and spent some time in King's Landing, often thought to be forgotten by her parents. There is little of note of intrigues that circulated Sylvia's early life, as she had been shut away within the confines of her own imprisonment within the royal court as a handmaiden.

Sylvia, eager to see the outside world, accompanied her father for the upcoming tourney hosted in Storm's End. It was here, that she met the young Garrett Dayne. Her initial affections were less than impressed by the man's droll failures - dismissing him as yet another man of temporal dedications, seeking only to win over the hearts of the ladies, rather than the betterment of himself. However, a few months would pass, and the young knight made his appearance again, much to Sylvia's surprise. As she watched him proved himself well in combat, the young Sylvia studied and took note of his unrivaled dedication, albeit clouded of his real intentions. Weeks became months, and months became years, Sylvia watched as the eager Garrett continued to prove himself on the field, but refrained herself from displaying her outward fondness for the man. Sylvia was rather supportive of his refusal to give up in his endeavor, something that she respected, although her sisters would catch his eyes instead of her, or so she thought. Before long, she had grown fond of the man, accompanied by her father's approval of his courting approaches. The two was eventually wedded, with Sylvia taking off to Starfall after her husband.

For the first time in her life, Sylvia had found a purpose to sought after for herself and her husband. Of course, everything had its prices, especially upon her father's unexplained death at the hands of the King. Sylvia isn't one for political issues within the realm, at least not until she had to pick up on it in the aftermath of her father's unexplained death. Albeit troubled by Lord Osmund's recent passing, Sylvia reaffirmed her belief to dismiss her impulsive acts and abide by her husband's decision of what's best for their house for the time being. A watchful woman in a time of strife, Sylvia remains obedient and quiet about the affairs of the realm, working to further her husband's aspirations from the shadows.

[Household Management] - Despite growing up in a noble family, Sylvia has adopted a few set of skills that quickly grows on her from her time as a handmaiden to the Queen since a young age. These skills include, but are not limited to housekeeping, knitting, weaving, gardening, etc. While it is not much of a difference from the normal things that common folks do, Sylvia takes pride in her expertise as the guardian of her household, after her husband - tending to the needs of her family, as well as managing every trivial bits of their consumption, such as familiar markets and their reliable stocks - safeguarding her house from attempts of espionage. Sylvia governs her house with keen eyes and ears, nothing happens without her knowing about it. Having studied much from her time as a handmaiden in the royal court, she develops a keen sense of her environment, like a table has been moved recently, or an unfamiliar face appears among the crowd. Her observation specialty goes hand-in-hand with her human resources, making up in her connections for what she lacks in physical strength.

[Feeble Strength] - Sylvia's weaknesses is evident in her frail build, rendering her powerless in the arts of martial prowess. Having been raised in a confined environment, she is weary of adapting to new weathers and terrains when she was married into the House of Dayne. Despite her best attempt to cope with her new home, she occasionally falls ill when travelling. Heavy-duty works are never her forte, let alone carrying things. As expected of a noble woman, her social skills far exceed her capabilities to adapt to hostile environments.

General Questions

Casual

* You're in an inn and Arthur Dayne cuts in front of you in line. What do you do?
"Concerns of trivial matters are common traits of a wretched fool. Perhaps I shall teach him the common courtesies at a belayed time but for now... patience is a virtue."
Despite being born a noble, Sylvia isn't one to set Westeros in flames for a place at an inn, nor would she be at one in the first place. She dislikes trivial troubles, and would let it pass, and perhaps even offer the man a drink or two, as his reputation goes before him. As the man hailed from House Dayne, Sylvia is sympathetic towards those that share her husband's blood. Her content smile does not dismiss her of her place in the line, and would eventually seek retaliation against her opposition with reprimanding words, rather than challenging them where they stood.

"We are all creatures of violence and wretchedness, who am I to deny these men of their work? However, I dislike annoyance and disturbance where I reside."
Sylvia hates violence and unnecessary bloodshed around her, and would attempt to notify the innkeeper. However, as the situation differs, she would attempt to learn of their intents via eavesdropping before committing herself to her plans. A thoughtful person in practicality, Sylvia always leave a room for escape, should the situation sours, and keeps herself blended into the crowd, as to not raise too much attentions to herself.

Martial (inapplicable)

Lordly

"Simpletons take pride in the faults of others. I personally enjoy watching them weep when their own faults are unveiled."
A prideful person with a sense of falsified judgment, Sylvia would return the favor by prickly words, or sometimes a few paid thugs would suffice for retaliations - either by incriminating scandals or brute force. Like a puppet master behind the strings, Sylvia will not attempt to defend her family's honor by chivalry, but rather by undermining the opposing party with devious schemes and covert smear tactics.

"Tch! How unsightly one would have to endure among the subjective eyes and ears. But a true predator does not reveal itself under the duress of shame, and nor shall I..."
As person who specializes a multitude of facade in the court, Sylvia's true anger is hidden from the crowd. She would obey and act courteously with respect to her liege. Dependent on the situation presented, she would most likely endure the storms - extensively planning her next words and moves as she withdraws herself without resisting - sparing her of further shames.

Godly

"My faith resides in my dear husband. The venerable Gods' judgment may sentence a man to his fate, but does not save him from man's justice."
Sylvia believes in the Faith of the Seven, but makes an effort to further her faith only if it necessitates and facilitates her own confidence. A person of practicality and materialism, faith only serves as a retreat for her if things turn grim. Despite little efforts to understand her faith, she regularly tends to the The Mother aspect of the Faith of Seven as to reinforce her own image as a mother.

"Little is perennial. But my faith in my Lord is solemnly absolute."
Sylvia is no ordinary creature of habits when it come to her loyalty. She advances only her interests to further her husband's goal, with little regards for anything else. Her devotion to her husband surpasses that of her necessary fealty to the King and even the Gods. A love-crazed individual, as some have regarded her, Sylvia places her husband above all, and those that dares to tread the path of opposing her husband will face her wrath. However, despite her sole-dedication to her marriage, she is patient and is sworn to whatever her husband decides is necessary. However, should her husband be unfaithful, she would not hesitate to mete unequal judgment unto him as well.

Name: Branch
Title(s): Warg Warlord of Whitetree
Moniker(s): The Ghostwolf, Ghost

DiGu7XBJUihvaP94BSQV1qKbSc-uN4XgD_20fylRbxP77F19p578_wofTn8SJpnn5BD3TwIVYMswLWDN5s63jVtj_zjHCVPkAfdenHTHqPinZ7HjMekJ9F85SMuQLFOji-f6wItY

"Enjoy life while you can. It only takes a single spearhead to end it."

Appearance:
Branch is red of hair with dark brown eyes, flecks of green visible to those who come close enough in the sunlight. She does occasionally wear face paint for ceremonial or war reasons, a trait picked up from her great grandfather who was a cave-dweller. She is neither slight of build nor is she overly tall or heavy, rather a leaner build befitting a well toned runner.

General History:

Biography:
Branch was born to Dal, the son of a cave-dweller who came down to live amongst the Wildlings and who eventually took a White-tree spear wife as his own. Her mother, Frenya had been born in a small village at the delta of the Antler River. Though strange to her, Dal treated Frenya with respect and after several run-ins with Crastor's clan, they eventually did form a long-lasting bond. Branch was the second born, her elder sister passing before her second year. Two years separate Branch from her younger brother, Soren. Frenya, unfortunately died during his eleventh winter to a severe fever.

As a youth, Branch was taught how to bind wounds and grind herbs by her mother and a few of the elders in the clan who saw potential in her young mind and how well she took to the process. By her tenth winter she'd stitched a clansman's gashed arm closed and had learned how to cauterize a gushing wound when fire was available.

A hunting party almost went poorly for Branch when she got separated and ended up running into a group of wolves, an event that did not remain isolated as the nights grew colder and longer. Her mother fell to fever that same winter and soon after her passing, Branch began to have dreams of her wolf, Ghost. Not long after the burning of Frenya's corpse, Branch began to seek more interactions with the very wolves she'd feared, but it would take three years before she would see her silver wolf again. She still partook in raids, but not many truly got to see her during her seventeenth winter as she spent much of her time in perceived isolation, taking to the woods and camping alone in order to better understand the wolves and this new connection she felt.

Many of her kinsman, her brother and father included, felt that she returned a different woman altogether. She was calmer, more confident than when she'd left, a warrior and surprisingly enough, a leader as well. She was almost to her nineteenth winter when she managed her first Warging, an experience she hid well until she was in her early twenties for fear that it wasn't real and that she'd simply dreamed it... that she'd simply wanted something so badly that she'd imagined it.

One night changed all of that. She'd been 'asleep' and wandering around as Ghost when she caught scent of strangers. Crow. She'd realized, as she trotted several yards from one, their attire giving them away for what he was as he tread through the forest. She could still smell the smoke of campfires, and after circling the man she could tell that she wasn't far from home, Whitetree was just over a mile upwind. A low growl escaped her throat as she circled back around, noting that they were at least headed in the wrong direction. By how he wandered she could tell he was looking for something, or perhaps trying to evade something, and after a few moments she realized that her answer had been there all along. A bear wasn't far from him, and as it was early spring she'd likely be voracious with hunger.

Several hours later, she stood in front of a wounded Crow, the man's wounds still weeping crimson tears from where ursal claws had sliced him open, cloth and leather torn aside in a near-perfect pattern. The bear was long gone, chased off with a few barks and howls and now he only had to contend with a wolf. She could smell the coppery tang of blood on the air and she knew if she left him here, he'd die and be eaten by whatever beasts came to finish him off. The wolf shook its head and trotted off into the woods and within the hour, Branch herself showed up with a small bag of medicinal supplies and just enough tinder to start a fire. She patched his wounds, albeit not in the kindest fashion as bone and sinew are not pleasant sutures without anesthetic of some sort, and then she sent him back to his wall.

During her twenty-fifth year, Branch bonded with Senn, a decent sized brown bear... potentially the same who'd torn the Crow apart and during her twenty-ninth winter she was blessed enough to bond with Twigg, an Arboreal Owl that had nested near Whitetree for an extended period of time. Her thirtieth winter brought a bloody raid to Whitetree and the clan was reduced by about a third of its population. Crastor's clan, however, suffered a good deal more in not only the raid, but the retribution that followed. Branch participated in both battles and within a week's time of its conclusion she challenged Whitetree's leader for the role.

Three years later and Branch is still leading the Whitetree clan. Her gifts are no longer hidden and she is considered a competent cheiftan of her people.

Skills

> Martial - Skilled with Spears and Shields. Developed over time in her many run-ins with Crows and other Wildling tribes. At over thirty name-days she has seen quite a bit of combat through the years.

> Warging - Wolf, Brown bear, and Owl. It began with the pack of wolves that took up residence in the hunting grounds, a few ‘close-calls’ where she thought for certain she would be taken down by a wolf or two. Then she began to dream of running with them. Three years passed before she met her wolf, a silver-coated beast with bright golden eyes she later fondly referred to as ‘Ghost.’ It would be another year or two before she would truly forge the bond of warging, her first foray with the gift. By her twenty-fifth name day she had bonded with a brown bear, Senn, and eventually a Boreal Owl she calls Twigg.

> Medical - Stitching, Herbal Poultices, Bandaging, Basic ‘antiseptic’ treatment, Mild herbal remedies. Learning what herbs are useful vs what ones are toxic is a part of surviving the Haunted Forest. She learned stitching and general care of wounds during her younger years until she was better acquainted with actually fighting.

Weaknesses

> Reverence for the tribe - Branch holds the clan’s future above her own and she fights to keep it independent and traditional. This unfortunately means she avoids accepting help from other tribes normally.

> Stubborn - Some see this as determination. Others see this as refusal and hard-headedness. She’s steeped in tradition and often refuses to move from it despite the world changing around her.

General Questions

Casual
* If you're in an inn and you don't have enough coin to pay for ale, what do you do? “Inns are not something we usually keep North of the Wall. However if you do not have the proper payment for some thing… I do not recommend attempting to steal from your own tribe.”
* An attractive person catches your eye, how do you respond? “If an attractive man catches my eye then I hope he has the wit and strength to match it. Protect the weak, but in the end the weak are culled so that only the strong can survive.”

Martial
* You've been placed in charge of an army, what's your general approach? “Our people respect strength and have a loose sense of honor. We are survivors fed on the scraps of what the Kneelers leave behind and what we ourselves reap from world. We are hunters, scavengers. We will fight to the death if that’s what it takes should we be attacked. But, we do not outright seek wars with others. We would prefer to send a fallen back on their way than to ignite a war with their people unnecessarily.”
* You're in charge of a fortress under siege, you're running out of supply, the civilians are starving, how do you respond? “While not a fortress, the village is still something to protect. Starving us is harder than outright trying to kill us and chances are our enemies won’t be able to navigate the thickets and deer-paths. We respond with viciousness and our senses. Lure them out, take what is needed. Weaken them while they seek to end us.”
* How do you react to entering a battle against grim odds? “Fight to the last man, to death if needed. If we are captured… we do what we must to ensure our survival.”

Lordly
* A member of another house has insulted a member of your close family, how do you respond? “If a Thenn insults my father, then he is likely to see his own blood shed, likely as my fist crosses his face. If the insult is unreturned, then they can expect that their trespasses through our lands will be treated as such. Trespasses.”
* Your hypothetical sibling is engaged, their future spouse is known to be abusive and unfaithful, what do you do? “If my sister is abused, she can slit his throat. If my brother is abused… he chose his woman poorly.”
* Your liege lord has just insulted you directly in front of all of your peers, how do you respond? “I have no liege lord. But if the Chief of another clan insults me in front of my clan, I would challenge him spear to spear.”

Godly
* Do you believe in the Gods, and if so, which ones and to what degree? “How could I not? The Old Gods watch over our people, some have even seen through the eyes of the Weirwoods. I myself traverse my home as a beast, how could I not believe in the Gods with the evidence of their gifts so clear in my life?”
* Marriage, oath of fealty to your lord, oath of fealty to the king, oath to the gods, which takes precedence over the others? “Oath to the Gods above the rest, and then Marriage. I am no kneeler, I am no one’s thrall, I follow no king nor will I serve a lord. I will rot beneath the frozen earth before I give anyone the pleasure of my servitude.”
* Someone is openly questioning your faith, how open are you to their reforms, or are they a heretic? “Let them question. Let them speak of their Gods. Then I will show them why I follow my own.”

In order to be approved, GMs will ask a specific question or two about your character, with the intention of helping them to be better understood and more fleshed out. Once this question is answered, the character is approved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back