• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A Dreadful Fantasy

walteryosmite

King of Headpats
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hiya, you can call me Walter.

I have never been good at making flashy posts so please excuse the rather lackluster design.

ABOUT ME
To tell you a little about myself before I begin, I have been roleplaying for many years and have produced some amazing stories with some amazing partners. I've recently been needing some new additions to my list of literate writers , as life has a way of grabbing people's attentions right when I, personally, have nothing going on to keep me busy.

I am 26 and identify as He/Him. Please be patient with this gentle giant, as I do have a tendency to lose track of things if life picks up. I only ask that you please shoot a message at me and rouse the bear from his slumber so we may resume. Regardless of my pronouns, I am more than willing to play generally any kind of character(Male, Female, NB) to match a certain pairing.... just... be aware this particular plot is a bit rough for things like beauty.

I love action, adventures, drama and horror in my roleplays! However, these don't all have to be as heavy as the other and we can include many other categories in as well! Romance is grand, especially a slow burn(Please no love at first sight, I've been so burnt out on them over the years.)

RULES

I ask that you are:
  • 18 years or older.
  • Friendly and courteous
  • LGBTQIA friendly
  • There will be no tolerance of blatant hate speech(Context, of course, matters.)
Please:
  • Write in third person, it makes it easier for both of our styles to merge.
  • Understand that both of us are adults and things happen. I will attempt to be transparent if things come up and I need some time. I request that you do the same if necessary!
  • Communicate with me! I will not be hurt if you aren't liking the way the rp is going. I will not be hurt if you wish to start over/a new plot or stop all together. Let me know and we can work it out!
  • Be willing to discuss plot and bring some great ideas to the table. I love to hear other's great inputs!
    • Side note, if you do offer ideas, please be understanding if I pick it apart or add to it. I am not meaning to be rude, I simply love picking things apart and making them all the better!
  • Be okay with horror, especially body horror... Just a warning before you decide to read the prompt....
  • Have fun! I want nothing more than to enjoy writing a story with some amazing people, I am a talker and love getting to know my partners!

FINALLY

The part that truly matters, the reason I'm making this post. Recently I've grown attached to the intricacies of Warhammer lore(both 40k and fantasy) and I've been inspired. You may see some inspiration pop up here and there based on things to do with the series.(This is not a fandom RP. I promise)

Plot:

This world is filled with a variety of life and species. Though monsters and creatures carpet the world's wilderness, civilizations have formed by a diverse range of inhabitants. From ancient beings that age slowly and have lived for more cycles than one could count, to humble souls that live for less than decades. With longer lives came weaker birthrates, with shorter lives came mass population. These 'mortals' of higher intelligence have eked out their own niches amongst their tribes. However, none have prolificated quite like humanity. With relatively long life spans and retaining the ability to reproduce at a significant rate, they adapted and spread like wildfire. There was now no place that humanity had yet touched, safe for few that were simply unreachable as of yet.

With the rise of humanity came a stir amongst the most ancient of beings; primordial gods that have begun to take notice of the growth of mortals alike. Each one claimed a purpose for themselves, and the expanse of thinking minds allowed them to take on more shape than ever before. These gods began to reach into our world and implant their concepts into a handful of mortal minds, their powers weak after having just awakened from eons of rest. Their concepts were implanted and accompanied by a blessing, the mortal's body changed in some way to accommodate the will of their new god. Along with this change came urges; desires that would swiftly become so unignorably potent that nothing but death could stop them from fulfilling it. Quickly these blessings began to spread as the blessed would tell others about what they saw. Many would be inspired and willingly accept the same blessing from the patron god...

This was some years ago now and the gods have made their mark amongst all civilizations. There was no soul untouched; greedy and desperate gods clawing for every newborn to attempt to maintain their growing strength. For, with every follower and blessed, the gods would receive power for themselves. No one religion dominated quite like those whose addiction was beneficial to its spreading. Now, there were but 3 religions that primarily dominated the realm. One such cult of a religion was that of Belgoth, the god of beauty and secretly of jealousy. She embodied the very desires of humanity, giving them all more eyes to peer at the beauties of the world. Her curse blessing made her worshippers obsessed with her, allowing them visions of her very form; of which was neigh monstrously hideous to all but her blessed. The addiction that she pushed on them, which only aided in the spread of her following, was that of total unacceptance of non-believers.

Now, with her religion controlling entire kingdoms, the people of Belgoth would be driven to brutally hunt down any who dare not worship her. Sadly... this is where you and I come in.. In some way, trapped amongst tides of religious fanatics, we have been cursed by(the same or seperate) god(s) with no where near the following... How will we survive and what will we do?

(As a side note, this can be in most any setting(Sci-fi, medieval, feudal, victorian, cyberpunk, whatever.) The gods awakening doesn't have to be immediate or anything of that nature.

TL;DR /recap

We both get to create our own god to be cursed blessed by. There are simple rules to the blessing itself.
  1. There is, at least, one physical alteration to the body.
  2. There is an unavoidable urge that slowly builds up that is somewhat associated with the god's concept.
  3. There can be a boon/ability that the curse gives you. This can be relatively anything within reason. The greater the power, the more terrible the urge/payment(upon yourself).
This is an example of my personal idea so far for a god and their blessing.

Musai, the god of music and sound. She is the twin god to Belgoth, her polar opposite. Sadly, she awoke many decades(Centuries?) after her sibling and has only just begun her own crusade.

The Urge: Due to her bitterness to her sibling, she forces her curse-bearers to feel unbearably uncomfortable with their own ability to see. This results in curse-bearers damaging their own eyes until they are effectively blind. With their blindness Musai has blessed them with somewhat heightened other senses, allowing for slight ease of navigation of the world without proper vision.

Physical change: Cruelly, her followers slowly grow more eyes upon their bodies. Regardless of their position on their body, they somehow are able to see through them and even feel accordingly. The urge applies again here.... a true test of their follower's wills to live.

The boon: As the god of music and sound, she allows her followers a decently strong ability. Each eye, on their body, they destroy reveals a mouth-like structure. These mouths have no teeth but a tongue that is full functioning. The user has an innate ability to use this new mouth to speak, just the same as their own. The true power comes from these mouths being capable of producing destructive amounts of sound. The limit of volume and strength is typically based on size of the false mouth/eye and each one has a set amount of uses before it shuts for some amount of time.... Once it opens again, the eye is fully reformed once again....

That's it! Please DM me if you are interested!

Last edited:
Dog Morning GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Back