• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A Draconic Dawn [CLOSED]

MiraAutumn

The Fall Maiden
A Draconic Dawn
Dragon-riders | Training Camp | War | Weak beginning | Character Development | High medieval fantasy
Plot:
You don't remember why exactly the war had started. Perhaps it was the assassination attempt on the foreign prince, or maybe the sudden plague that weakened both kingdoms. You knew from history books, schooling and tales told from your elders that both nations were once powerful and prominent on the continent, and that they seeked each others demise and power.

But regardless, this shouldn't affect you that much right? As a normal citizen at least. Apart from potential war taxes and rations, you should be living a relatively peaceful life away from the battlefields. But, you have a bonded pet dragon, perhaps found as a wild egg, or bought for a ludicrously expensive price on the market. When a pet/familiar bonds with an owner, they can speak telepathically to them, and only them. The pair tend to begin feeling a spiritual connection linking them together as well.

Unfortunately for you, the king has issued a command throughout his nation, perhaps being on the losing side of the war.

'All able-bodied citizens owning a bonded dragon are to begin training as new dragon knights immediately. Individuals affected must report to their local training camp in three days for further details.'

Regardless of reason, you will be headed to the capitals camp, the harshest training grounds of all.

Requirements/Rules:
  • 100+ words per post minimum
  • Post once every three days minimum
  • Decent grammar, punctuation, spelling and knowledge of the english language
  • No godmodding, mary sues, etc.
  • My word is law. If I don't like something, you change it. If I tell you to leave, you leave.
Setting
  • High medieval fantasy - no guns or automations, magic is allowed and relatively common, horse carriages as main means of transport, most fantasy races allowed etc.
Other Info
  • Your character will start off pretty average. The most prior combat experience allowed will be in the form of hunters/guardsmen. I will not allow you to be a knight(you'd already be called to war), soldier or anything along those lines. I might allow adventurers but only weaker ones. You could be anything from a scholar, a farmer, a blacksmith, a tailor, a village lord etc.
  • As training progresses, your character will find their niche and understand their strengths and weakness in combat(whilst also constantly throwing up and knocking themselves out). Perhaps they might prefer ranged weapons, or traps, or they're not good at fighting head on, or have poor reaction times. And no, your character can't be good at everything. I love character progression, and later on your characters may become very powerful.
  • As long as I get two, relatively dedicated people interested I will start work on the threads! If you don't like small groups then this may not be for you. At the same time I'm fine with a larger group, but I will try not to keep interested folks waiting.

Hello. Been looking for something of this sort for a while now. If this goes anywhere I would be most interested to take part. Probs an inquisitive-scholar or lucky-farmer type. Either way, looking forward to seeing what you come up with

Hmph. I guess I'll do this.

I've been looking for a good dragon riding RP for a while.

Though, question. What're the dragons like? Intellegent, and can speak, like in the Termernaire series? Or maybe intellegent, but required to bond, like in Eragon? Or just animalistic? Or anything else I missed?

Might go with a ghost-hunter/detective type of deal. (Esper dragon rider.... PSYCHIC SPEARS!)

Hello. Been looking for something of this sort for a while now. If this goes anywhere I would be most interested to take part. Probs an inquisitive-scholar or lucky-farmer type. Either way, looking forward to seeing what you come up with
Thank you for your interest and for sharing your ideas! I look forward to seeing how your character shapes the story also ^^
Hmph. I guess I'll do this.

I've been looking for a good dragon riding RP for a while.

Though, question. What're the dragons like? Intellegent, and can speak, like in the Termernaire series? Or maybe intellegent, but required to bond, like in Eragon? Or just animalistic? Or anything else I missed?

Might go with a ghost-hunter/detective type of deal. (Esper dragon rider.... PSYCHIC SPEARS!)
I do not know of any of the series you have mentioned, but I planned for them to be sentient and highly intelligent. They speak in their own draconic language that only their kind can understand, which is why bonding is especially important, since it allows two very different species to communicate.

I'll get started on the threads tomorrow! Why do I always post interest checks at midnight...

Alright, I'll give you some excerpts to show what I mean from the two series. But from the way your saying it, basically almost DnD dragons.

Termernaire series (His Majesty's Dragon):
"Temeraire watched him go a little sadly. “I am very glad that the new dragon will have him instead of Rankin, but I wish they had given him to Levitas sooner, and perhaps Hollin would have kept him from dying,” he said to Laurence, as the crew worked on him."
Here, dragons are depicted as just as intelligent as humans, and capable of speaking both English (or French, German, or whatever language..) in addition to Draconic. However, human presence has largely rendered the draconic language undesirable. Furthermore, dragons are slightly naive about human methods (such as deception, large modes of government, concepts of property, etc. etc.)

Eragon (Book one, Eragon)
"I'm weary," said Sapbira, "and this dragonhold sounds to my liking. Go, have your meal, then come to me. It will be soothing to rest together without fear of wild animals or soldiers. We have suffered the hardships of the trail too long."
In this book, the dragons speak with their minds. They speak in the language of whoever they bonded with, but etc. etc. Typical proud dragon, I guess. The guy puts details and stuff in his lore, though, I'll give him that.

Are there multiple kinds of dragons? If it’s just the generic fire-breathing dragon that’s fine, but I know that I would love a lightning dragon.

If there are open spots or the sort, I’d be interested in joining! B-but only if there are vacant spots, I’d hate to overload the number of people in it already!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back