• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Divided Kingdom {OOC}

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
I'll probably won't be responding until Korni makes a post for his prince. Don't want my character progressing without the other prince also progressing.

Appreciated your patience guys
Ok, I’ll be making a post soon, sorry for not posting in a while
No problem guys!

I'll probably won't be responding until Korni makes a post for his prince. Don't want my character progressing without the other prince also progressing.
That's fine! I'm working on some plot ideas, just too wiped out after work to post them tonight. Hopefully, the ideas will help tie everyone together and give Korni_Flakes Korni_Flakes , you and Heda Heda a bigger role in the game.

In the mean time [not entirely sure if I can announce this quite yet] but wanted to let everyone know that this roleplay has been selected as roleplay of the month. Really appreciate all you guys taking the time to make such awesome characters and posts. :)

TheRidingWitch TheRidingWitch Connie Connie americanCaeser americanCaeser FireMaiden FireMaiden

We might just have a lot of potential to turn into something cool
Speaking of which, I have some ideas for the plot and waited everyone's thoughts.

So the magic stone that made the oaths possible was thought to have been destroyed, but it wasn't. There's no telling how much power its capable of. It's secretly kept in a hidden room within the guardian's home that is near impossible to find (work out details on this later) and only Arthur and a select few scholars know of its existence.

Until of course, Arya goes digging around and finds out. And I was also thinking one of the princes could be curious of it as well. If either of them could find it and find someone from the tribe who gave it to the kingdom, who knew how to use it, then they could potentially use it to get the crown.

This is where the spy would be most helpful, trying to gain knowledge of its whereabouts, etc.

There would be some characters (at least Arya for me) who think that if they found the stone, maybe they could rewrite the oaths or do away with them completely.

Still working on the plot ideas, but some twists would be that falling in love hadn't been in the original oaths, but the Guard had implemented it after the first king attempted to use a woman from the Guard to destroy it, so one can not lose their ties to the Guard by falling for someone who is royalty or a guardian. However, removal from the Guard can be forced upon them.

Same applies to the oath about being loyal to the Guard alone. These are too broad of oaths and magic could never hold a person accountable concerning these two, but because it's part of the ceremony when someone joins the Guard, it's not really been questioned, especially since Guardians are put on trial if they don't follow these to the letter.

I hope that makes some sense, I plan to detail it out more in my post. But I'd like your input and ideas. Feel free to expand on the stuff above or something completely different.

Also, Heda Heda , you are free to try to get information from my character or the Guard. Maybe somehow we could get her to go with the princess for extra protection? Then she could use that excuse to spy on the Guard while there.

But it's completely up to you guys, these are just ideas.

Meantime, I thought someone else could be antagonizing the situation. Someone unseen with a political agenda. They could use the tension in the land to their advantage and cause some fights to break out and blame it on one of the princes. Planning to start that within a few posts at the festival.

Also, Heda Heda , you are free to try to get information from my character or the Guard. Maybe somehow we could get her to go with the princess for extra protection? Then she could use that excuse to spy on the Guard while there.
Ooohh yeah okay, I really like that idea. It allows Nari to get involved with everything that will happen with the guardians. Also would make sense since she is kinda whatever the royals need her to be, even if that's a glorified bodyguard 😂 might also help out either of the princes trying to get their hands on this stone as well by having her at the Guardian Home

Ooohh yeah okay, I really like that idea. It allows Nari to get involved with everything that will happen with the guardians. Also would make sense since she is kinda whatever the royals need her to be, even if that's a glorified bodyguard 😂 might also help out either of the princes trying to get their hands on this stone as well by having her at the Guardian Home
Yes! That would be good!

Hello! Sorry I haven't replied yet, I will tomorrow! I've been worrying about getting college stuff done (application, picking classes, that kind of thing)

So a bitch is tired lol, I haven't forgotten tho

Speaking of which, I have some ideas for the plot and waited everyone's thoughts.

So the magic stone that made the oaths possible was thought to have been destroyed, but it wasn't. There's no telling how much power its capable of. It's secretly kept in a hidden room within the guardian's home that is near impossible to find (work out details on this later) and only Arthur and a select few scholars know of its existence.

Until of course, Arya goes digging around and finds out. And I was also thinking one of the princes could be curious of it as well. If either of them could find it and find someone from the tribe who gave it to the kingdom, who knew how to use it, then they could potentially use it to get the crown.

This is where the spy would be most helpful, trying to gain knowledge of its whereabouts, etc.

There would be some characters (at least Arya for me) who think that if they found the stone, maybe they could rewrite the oaths or do away with them completely.

Still working on the plot ideas, but some twists would be that falling in love hadn't been in the original oaths, but the Guard had implemented it after the first king attempted to use a woman from the Guard to destroy it, so one can not lose their ties to the Guard by falling for someone who is royalty or a guardian. However, removal from the Guard can be forced upon them.

Same applies to the oath about being loyal to the Guard alone. These are too broad of oaths and magic could never hold a person accountable concerning these two, but because it's part of the ceremony when someone joins the Guard, it's not really been questioned, especially since Guardians are put on trial if they don't follow these to the letter.

I hope that makes some sense, I plan to detail it out more in my post. But I'd like your input and ideas. Feel free to expand on the stuff above or something completely different.

That sounds cool.

Hello! Sorry I haven't replied yet, I will tomorrow! I've been worrying about getting college stuff done (application, picking classes, that kind of thing)

So a bitch is tired lol, I haven't forgotten tho
No worries!! Real life comes first. Good luck with everything, hope it all works out for you!

Me too lol, I'm really nervous
Not to mention how expensive college is
It's so expensive. That's why I dropped out the first time around. Went back later and was able to get a degree, but I hated being missing that year.

But I'm sure you'll do great!

Really? That's a bit comforting actually, I'm super nervous
You can do it! Its anxiety inducing at first, that's for sure, but college is really good about working students up, especially since so many of their students go for a degree years after highschool so forgot what it meant to do homework or listen to lectures. If you remember how to do that stuff, you've already got a good grip on your first year I bet

I'm gonna be doing, or hopefully will be doing, most of my classes online too

Which I can do cause i did online homeschool for all of highschool

If you're used to holding yourself to online classes, thats way more convenient

My self discipline is balls, so I had to go in person or else I procrastinated to my own demise 😂

MarieK MarieK I'm thinking if Korni_Flakes Korni_Flakes doesn't respond by end of Friday, I'm going to take over the situation with Roawn to get that sorted and back in the game, sound good?

I'm gonna be doing, or hopefully will be doing, most of my classes online too

Which I can do cause i did online homeschool for all of highschool
Just communicate with your instructors and go above and beyond whenever you get the chance. They generally give you the benefit of the doubt if they see you're putting forth the effort.
My self discipline is balls, so I had to go in person or else I procrastinated to my own demise 😂

MarieK MarieK I'm thinking if Korni_Flakes Korni_Flakes doesn't respond by end of Friday, I'm going to take over the situation with Roawn to get that sorted and back in the game, sound good?
Same. Thats why I could never work from home.

That's fine with me. Might have another joining soon and if they do, it will make things more interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back