A Distress Call (ft. Wit and Felicita) [Complete!]

theplasticdemon

fallen angel

Scenario: Felicita's pride gets the better of her and decides to call over some reinforcements.

Time: A week after she gets appointed second-in-command

Her pride always got the better of her. As a second in command, she was supposed to take all of the important missions, right? Felicita was to remain professional at all costs. At all costs. What better than put her smoke chi to the test and gather some information? A group of strange looking males (certainly not North District born) gathered around an alleyway, seeming to exchange information of some sort. Obviously, this wasn't going slide easily. But she had to know whether or not it was worth taking on alone or if she would need to investigate further and with a much bigger team. Turning quickly into smoke, she hurried over to the general area of the suspicious activity.

Except it didn't go over so well.

Soon, reinforcements moved in and Felicita was now cornered on a ledge of a building with multiple henchmen below her. Were they simply waiting for her to give up and kill her? Fel didn't know. Whatever it was, she needed a place to replenish her chi. Felicita barely had any to run off of. The girl did defeat some of the goons with her playing cards, but you could only run on so much. The rest of her daggers were supposed to be used up close, leaving her out of options. The last thing she wanted to do was to call Chikage. He would surely freak out and reprimand her. The redhead's pride as a leader wasn't going to be shatter by some shady thugs.

Wait. Call someone.

"Wit. It's Felicita. I'm cornered by some thugs and out of chi. I've sent you a map of where I am. Come as soon as you can, this is urgent." Leaving a message, her tone sounded professional, with just the slightest hint of fear. Wit was only called on special occasions by Chikage, though Fel was always a solo flier. He was known to be someone that was all business like the second in command herself. Though... the question on why he didn't attend school was beyond her knowledge. How quickly was he supposed to come, anyways? She thought.

@SirBlazeALot

Last edited by a moderator:
Home. When Wit got the phonecall, he was at home meditating. If he wasn't meditating, he was training. If he wasn't training he was meditating. If he wasn't doing either, he was sleeping or eating. Having any of those activities disrupted by a mission was far from an inconvenience. It was his very purpose. There was a rhythmic buzzing and voice radiated from a nearby speaker. "This mission is urgent." It was a calm, mechanical voice. And just like the voice, Wit stood up from his sitting position, and attached his sword to his hip before departing.

For emergencies, Wit arrived impossibly fast. It was one of the reasons so many strange rumors had formed around him last year. His Chi, the ability to paralyze someone with a mere glance was well known. So his fast travel was quite the mystery, but Felicita was about to find out that it wasn't a myth. A mere minute after placing her call, Wit climbed a fire escape and effortlessly pulled himself over the ledge of Felicita's building and joined her side. "Second." he greeted her with an honorable bow. When he stood up straight his blood red eyes gleamed. "I await your orders."

@theglassangel

Felicita gave him a strange look. He came almost immediately. So immediate that she didn't even have time to scream in terror. Quickly composing herself, she nodded. "Just on time. Quickly take care of the thugs and help me retrieve any information you can. If in the case that you find my playing cards, do not hesitate to return them to me. If you need any assistance getting down, give me a call." She didn't have time to remind Wit to keep this a secret from Chikage. Still, it wasn't like Wit couldn't just follow another order afterwards. Feeling her chi come back on, she didn't have time to use it once again to hide.

Grabbing a golden tube of lipstick, Felicita rolled open the tube. It extended into a handle of some sort with a grappling hook. Flinging the hook onto another nearby surface, it just barely covered the other side. Felicita made the leap, waiting attentively.

"It will be done." Wit replied. With his orders on his mind, he was ready for action. The assassin hopped back over the edge to the fire escape. As he began his descent down to the alley, the thugs below jeered and taunted him. Wit didn't respond to their foul words or their threats, he merely notified them, "I require information. The strongest among you will give it to me, or you will kill me. There are no other options." Wit reached the bottom of the fire escape, and jumped down to the ground and unsheathed his flexible sword.

The blade fell to the ground and the thugs began to ready themselves for a beat down, approaching him with various weapons and telling him to fuck himself. "I have not been authorized to use lethal force, so all of you will leave with your lives. However, I urge you to think of whoever will be paying for your hospital bills and to stay down when you have been defeated." And so the battle began. 

After many flicks of his wrist and many petrifying glares, the thugs fell one by one to Wit's unpredictable yet flawlessly clean fighting style. They lay in the alley, those who were still conscious found themselves groaning in pain and wincing from the cuts and bruises all over their bodies. One of them reached for their knife, but Wit whipped their hand with the tip of his blade as he approached the fighter who he deemed to be the strongest among them, the one who landed the most hits on him. Lifting the thug up by the collar, he notified him, "You will tell Houdini all that she wants to know. I remind you to be compliant to minimize your hospital bill." With that, he called for the second. "Houdini!"

Felicita watched him with wide eyes. This gang member was incredible. The way he fought so effortlessly, it was no surprise he only came during emergency. He moved and spoke mechanically and even fiercely. She watched his sword carefully, how it bent, moved and pierced. Green eyes stared on observantly. The hook coming from her lipstick, she hopped down at his call. Maybe Wit was just that good that he didn't even need to go to school or gang meetings. Only here to fight... imagine that. "Thank you." It seemed too easy. Checking his pockets, she found an ID card in the form of a driving license and credit card. That was all she would need for now. Felicita was a credit card collector even before Del. 

Dialing a few numbers and pressing buttons on her phone, Felicita nodded. "I've called people from the Den to get them picked up and investigated. This seems to be something... beyond me." A few quick minutes later, multiple large vehicles came in almost as fast as Wit had, making his way for the bruised bodies. "They won't need hospital bills as of now." Looking at the stoic teenager, he had to be the same age as Felicita... right? Her features softened. "I cannot thank you enough, I am practically indebted to you... though, I have another request. Please do not tell the leader that you had to assist me by any means. If he attempts to get any information out of you, notify me immediately." On a piece of paper, she hurriedly scribbled her cell phone number and gave it to the albino.

"Other than my cell phone, is there any way I am able to contact you? Do you... have any classes to attend?" Felicita asked, gently making a transition to whether or not he actually attended school.

Wit released the street rough when Felicita said she was done with him. He stood by and looked at her with an unfaltering gaze, waiting to see if she had any other orders for him. Though personally he doubted that. But it wasn't his job to doubt. He accepted her cell phone number silently, his eyes darting down to look at it and then quickly rising back to meet Felicita's. Wit answered, "The number you were given to call me in times of need is the most efficient method to reach me. I am not allowed to make personal phonecalls. And I regret to inform you, but the Elder outranks you. If he questions me about the details of this mission, I will have to disclose all of the details concerning my involvement." He was noticeably vague about his classes and whether or not he attended the school. His tone was calm and confident, but not exactly stern despite refusing her offer. "Second, forgive me, but may I ask you a question?" 

Felicita wasn't really feeling dejected, more... concerned as well as confused. Still, she was to take personal responsibility for her recklessness. Besides, knowing Chikage, he'd probably punish her for a couple of missions unless it was urgent or simply forgive her right off the bat. If she had just called Wit up beforehand, then it wouldn't even have been that big of a deal. Still, her pride was going to take a hefty hit. Perhaps using the guy's credit card would be enough to soothe her worries. Kidding, she wasn't really the type to do that anyways. "... I see. I had forgotten to realize that, due to my recklessness. I'm ready to receive all consequences  if they come." The redhead sighed, though, there was a lingering curiosity of his life that Fel would never really think to have. "Personal phonecalls? Might I ask why? Of course, after you ask your question." 

"I'm under orders not to accept personal phonecalls. I'm told they are unnecessary for my life's purpose." Respectful of his leaders as always, Wit answered her question first. "Second, I'm curious to know why you would not want the Elder to know about the outcome of this mission. We obtained the information you were after, and captured all of our rivals alive. Was our performance here unsatisfactory?" 

Felicita sighed. "No. No it was not unsatisfactory. Quite the opposite really. You... you were outstanding." She shook her head and sat down on the ground, watching the vehicles leave. "I have only been appointed second just recently. A week ago to be exact. I'm inexperienced and have only been accustomed to working alone in non-combative situations. This... this was new to me. Truthfully, I had no prior knowledge of these rivals before I had confronted them, I had then heard of calling your name as an alternative... and so I did. Of course, I am simply afraid that if my leader has knowledge of this incident, it would not spell well for my reputation. If it were not for you, I don't know what I would do." Felicita shrugged, her voice was almost businesslike and casual. "I hope that answers your question sufficiently enough." The thing with Fel is that she's really honest about her feelings and thoughts when it matters, though isn't very warm to them. She can tell you she failed at something, but wouldn't expect any sympathy, show any sadness or accept offers of help.

"Life's purpose? Under whose orders? I'm sorry if I seem to be prying. You're... a human. How do you know what your life purpose even is?" Felicita asked. First, with his combat abilities and now with the phone call. Chikage called him up more times than she ever had, how was he clueless to whatever life Wit was living?

Wit bowed politely when she complimented him, but didn't interrupt her with a verbal expression of gratitude. He understood now why she was upset, and he thought now he understood her better than she understood him. "There is nothing you can ask that I can't answer, Second. However, I cannot guarantee that all of my answers will satisfy your curiosity. My orders come from the adults. And I am not a human, I am a weapon to be used at you and the Elder's discretion. You should not think of me as anything else. I am not like you." He paused briefly before asking, "Second, may I offer a suggestion?"

Felicita furrowed her eyebrows. He was a strange... weapon? Though she should be thankful of his ability to follow orders and his combat prowess, there was something about that that didn't sit well with her. It made asking questions all the more harder for her. She assumed that the 'adults' were fellow ninjas having connections with the Master. Fel didn't put it past them that they would literally raise a child for the purpose for just being a weapon. However... he was still human to some degree. And that bothered Felicita. "Are you an Android of some sort? If not, you certainly feel human to me." She sighed. "You can call me Felicita. You also don't need to ask before making suggestions, though I would like to hear it."

Wit's eyes gleamed with curiosity. This was probably the longest conversation he'd had in a while. Chikage had done something similar the first few times he called him, but afterward, once he realized he wasn't going to get anywhere with him, the calls would become strictly business. He'd do his job and be dismissed. A part of Wit ached to know his fellow members better, but he knew he wasn't allowed to. Even now he knew that he should have requested his dismissal by now instead of pestering the Second In Command with questions and suggestions. But despite being well trained, and fiercely loyal, Wit was still a teenager. Just like his sword, he'd take any chance to bend the rules just to speak with someone. If only for a while. His grip around Felicita's phone number tightened.

"Felicita, you and I are a part of something bigger than ourselves. We are called the White Tigers, not the White Tiger. All of us exist to serve one another for the wealth and prosperity of Shima City. I am your weapon, you are my Second, Chikage is our Elder, and we all serve the Master. You should not perceive calling on your allies as weakness. True weakness is letting your pride get in the way of the mission, and potentially losing your life. I am here to prevent that, just as the Elder and your subordinates are. And if I may compliment you as you have complimented me, yes, you are inexperienced, but you have great potential. As a second year, it is nothing short of extraordinary that the Elder, the Death Squad, and the Master have trusted you with your position as our Second In Command. Though it is not my place to speculate, I imagine that they have the utmost confidence in you to grow into a powerful member of our organization. I doubt any of them are asking for perfection. Such a thing would be impossible for you or any other human to achieve."

Felicita seriously pondered over Wit’s words. He was right. Completely right. While she still found it unbelievable that they even held trust in her, they still did nonetheless. That was all that really mattered to her. Even though she didn’t believe she had the chops to be a second in command, Felicita had the opportunity to earn that privilege and go beyond it. Still, the fact that Wit referred to himself as a weapon bothered Fel.

“You’re right. Thank you, Wit. You’ve taught me a lot already.” Fel didn’t have much else to say to the boy. There was just so much about him that just didn’t sit well. She stood up, awkwardly patting the boy’s shoulder. "Am I… only allowed to call upon you for urgent missions?” Felicita asked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wit bowed in acknowledgement of her thanks and began to sheeth his flimsy yet flexible blade. He shook his head and replied, "You may call upon me whenever you require my services. I am available for coordinated operations as well. As you have done tonight, you should only mark your calls as urgent if you need me as quickly as possible." With his blade gathered in his sheath, it clicked into place and he let it hang idly from his hip. "If that is all Felicita, would you have me dismissed?" 

"Thank you, I'll take that into consideration." Felicita responded. As a signal to leave, she gathered the cards from the alleyway and made sure no article of her uniform was out of place. "Yes, you're dismissed. Good to meet you, Wit. You're a valuable member." She pat his shoulder and walked in the direction home. While she could have called a limousine and for her chauffeur, she was in no rush to go home. Fel had things to think over, after all.

Wit gave a low bow and replied, "Thank you, Felicita. Until next time." Turning in the opposite direction, he darted around the corner and to an alley across the street, disappearing into the darkness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back