Idea A Darker Take on Pokemon

RottenEgg5

I'm just a busy bat
So, I recently had an idea for a group rp for Pokémon. However, this was going to be one taking on a bit of a darker tone.

The setting for this was going to consist of Sinnoh and possibly other regions later on. This would take place during a modern era for the region with the current level of technology seen in Sword/Shield. In this rp, players would be allowed to have human or gijinka based characters though each one would have their own benefits and flaws. Humans in general are just like humans in game and can have great to depressing lives. However, with the current climate in Sinnoh slowly changing and due to unseen forces, Pokémon seem more reluctant to join humans and have become harder to catch and train. This has lead to issues amongst older trainers and the newest generation. Tensions are rising between people on the reason why this is happening, both groups blaming the other. Veteran trainers saying that it must be how the newbies are training and their own will, while younger trainers are claiming it's due to the past generation's harsh nature when it came to raising and hunting Pokémon. No one knows exactly what is happening, but one thing is for sure, Pokémon seem to be incredibly reluctant to even trust humans.

However, being a Gijinka isn't all that great. Gijinka's are treated with disgust by society, their birth being caused by Pokémon/Human relationships. Most humans see Gijinkas as the unnatural offspring of sick people. In most regions they face heavy discrimination by the very law itself, however Sinnoh seems to be the most accepting region. While Pokémon/Human relationships are heavily outlawed, Gijinkas are free to own, raise, train, and battle with their own Pokémon. This is a privilege not known to Gijinkas in other regions and offers them a slightly better life. However, while humans seem to be facing a harder and harder time to befriend Pokémon, Gijinkas seem to have a gift for befriending the beasts inhabiting the world. They also gain the benefit of being part Pokémon, this makes them more resilient to certain Pokémon moves as well as grant powers. Psychic abilities, short term gliding, weakened Pokémon moves, enhanced abilities ect.

The main plot line of this rp was going to consist of a group of trainers (humans and/or gijinkas) looking to solve the answers as to why Pokémon seem to be avoiding humans and how they seemingly starting to disappear from the region as a whole. The mass migration of Pokémon has created small pocket zones in Sinnoh were there are absolutely no Pokémon. There's slowly growing areas are typically referred to as Dead Zones. No one outside of the Elite Four, the Champion herself and scientists are allowed in these pockets. Rumors have sprouted that these Dead Zones aren't as dead as the media tries to portray. People say there's some sort of large, horrifying creature lurking in these zones that caused the Pokémon to flee. Mix in the fact that there seems to be a new group hoping to use this strange phenomenon to their own benefit.

The group is known as The Arceus's Hoop. Labeled a cult by the Champion, this group worships Arceus as well as its three children beyond what many consider normal. They believe that this world is slowly ripping apart at the seams, the Dead Zones are simply the first signs of what they believe to be The End. This End is more like a rebirth according to the group's beliefs and signals that one must prepare for Arceus's return. Those who are prepared are thought to have far better chances at battling Arceus for the chance to create the foundation of the new world. Those successful against the God Pokémon are able to make a world entire around the principals they hold. Of course, in order to do this, one would first have to beat Arceus in battle. The cult has already started to make preparations for Arceus's return, though their leader believes that Arceus might already be back. The God might just be hiding and observing the human world in the very guise of a human himself.

Anyway, that's the general idea I have so far. I thought it might be a cool thing to do with other people who might want something a bit grittier and with more lore building.

I'm interested! I have to see whether my schedule will allow it and how many other people also express interest, but I'm down for the concept! Just one question, what would summon our group to bring everyone together? Because what if our characters weren't really interested in training Pokemon and had their own jobs to worry about? Like what would make them want to investigate the Dead Zones in the first place?

I'm interested! I have to see whether my schedule will allow it and how many other people also express interest, but I'm down for the concept! Just one question, what would summon our group to bring everyone together? Because what if our characters weren't really interested in training Pokemon and had their own jobs to worry about? Like what would make them want to investigate the Dead Zones in the first place?
I was thinking that the driving force that might lead the group to investigate would be the rumors that there's something in the Dead Zones. Something that's not any sort of known pokemon or the researchers. There's also the cult who seems to be breaking into these zones to do some sort of ritual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back