• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic A Cure For All Ills (ooc)

Walliver

Two Thousand Club
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello there everyone!
This’ll be the OOC for the roleplay
Here you can:
-Ask me questions about the lore
-Begin making character ideas
-Start plotting
-Post memes (especially zombie related ones! 😂)
-Have fun and chat with your fellow rpers!

aight, hope you all have fun!

Hey, Walliver Walliver
I'd gladly take part in this if you'll have me :p. Could I try RPing as a person who's lost their mind to the apocalypse?
I had an idea of a guy who's just your average joe, helpful and not stupid, but nothing too special, but during the apocalypse he's snapped and created this alternate personality to cope with it all, who's borderline insane and doesn't really think or make sense. He would be his helpful self most of the time, but under extreme stress, his 'worse side' would surface.
I think it would be pretty interesting, but I understand why you might say no.

Hey, Walliver Walliver
I'd gladly take part in this if you'll have me :p. Could I try RPing as a person who's lost their mind to the apocalypse?
I had an idea of a guy who's just your average joe, helpful and not stupid, but nothing too special, but during the apocalypse he's snapped and created this alternate personality to cope with it all, who's borderline insane and doesn't really think or make sense. He would be his helpful self most of the time, but under extreme stress, his 'worse side' would surface.
I think it would be pretty interesting, but I understand why you might say no.
like someone with DID?

like someone with DID?
Yeah, but with the other identity being someone who can't differentiate between real and fake or present and past or a good idea and a bad idea. The exact opposite of his normal, composed and intelligent self.

Yeah, but with the other identity being someone who can't differentiate between real and fake or present and past or a good idea and a bad idea. The exact opposite of his normal, composed and intelligent self.
so, an alter with its own mental disorder? like the alter has schizophrenia but the host doesn’t?

so, an alter with its own mental disorder? like the alter has schizophrenia but the host doesn’t?
Not how I'd say it, but that's what it would appear like for others. (Not even sure if that's possible)
How I'd make sense of it: because of the intense stress (which is also the trigger for his personality disorder, so they happen simultaneously, never apart), he births outbursts of symptoms which exists within him all the time waiting for him to get overloaded.

Not how I'd say it, but that's what it would appear like for others. (Not even sure if that's possible)
How I'd make sense of it: because of the intense stress (which is also the trigger for his personality disorder, so they happen simultaneously, never apart), he births outbursts of symptoms which exists within him all the time waiting for him to get overloaded.
Yeah sure, that’s fine with me

I'm considering an uncouth katana wielding chick who is really only interested in her own survival. I have some stuff drafted, but that about sums it up so far.

I'd love to hear what others are considering though! I hope we can get some diverse personalities. ^_^
yeah I’m mostly cool about that but because of the objective of the rp I would ask that she at least pretend to care about the immunes 😅

Btw, are there CSs on site? I'd rather keep off additional discord servers if possible.

Also, I'm curious about how fast paced this would be?

Btw, are there CSs on site? I'd rather keep off additional discord servers if possible.

Also, I'm curious about how fast paced this would be?
Going to put a CS thread up when this gets enough interest.

It should be decently fast-paced, but I won’t demand more than a post every 2-3 days

I’ve got a cranky college kid and his semi-adopted high schooler who likes knives

You can just go ahead and post your CS here.
Requirements——
Reference image:
Name:
Nickname(s):
Personality (just a trait list is fine):
Background (optional):
Anything extra (optional):

Last edited:
Reference image:
1652270650047.png
(FC Leonardo DeCaprio)
Name: James Wilde
Nickname(s): Jamie, Jay, Idiot boy
Role: Soldier (technically)

Personality: James is caring and passionate about the things he loves, often to a fault. He'd very quickly take a bullet for his friends. He tends to lean more on the emotional side, making his decisions accordingly. Often times easily distracted but can focus on many things with ease. He's highly empathetic and able to tell how someone is feeling in most cases. He can be very resilient, oftentimes being able to hide certain emotions for when he's alone. James is terrible at handling betrayal, lashing out at whoever it was that betrayed him. He also tends to be impatient

Background (optional): James grew up in a small town in Kansas, not fitting into the school system. He had trouble conforming to the standard being ADHD, making it nearly impossible to succeed in the environment he was in. He switched schools in junior year, excelling and shoving his success in his previous school's face. After graduation, he joined the Air Force, sticking with it for five years before retiring to be a policeman in Miami, Florida for the next three years. While on vacation, the ZN1 virus struck, keeping him out of touch with his friends and coworkers and setting him up for working on his own.

Anything extra (optional): he has two custom pistols, one red and the other blue, named accordingly.

Last edited:
Ren Maybe.jpg

Name
Ren Miya Bashir

Role
Survivor (can be changed if need be)

Personality
Aggressive, distrustful, snarky, blunt, honest, calm, intelligent, clever, confident, and considerate (if she likes you).

Background
Ren was adopted as an infant into a family who preferred the company of dangerous objects over most individuals. While hunting, her parents discovered a baby in an abandoned shack. The pair considered leaving the infant, not wishing to burden themselves with another mouth to feed, but the wife looked upon Ren’s pale groggy face and decided to keep her. They went through the appropriate channels to legally adopt her. As she grew and after being pressured by her grandparents, they decided to enroll her in school. Ren excelled in nearly everything she attempted, but her mouth often held her back. Though she wasn’t often physically violent, she didn’t tolerate others making fun of her. Consistently, she was picked on for not looking like her parents (African American father and a Caucasian mother). After high school she pursued higher education but was unable to complete her degree.

When the craziness first began, she immediately returned home and geared up with her family. It was as though her father expected the end. Their wooded home kept them safe for a while, but soon both humans and monsters found them. She lost her grandparents first. Her grandfather charged a group, followed by his wife, which gave Ren and her parents time to get into the Jeep and drive away. Months later, while gathering supplies in a small gas station, her mother was attacked and bitten. Her father shot them both before moving on.

Ren and her father travelled for a couple years searching for a semblance of safety, which was rumoured to be in Wyoming. When she was 24, she woke up alone in Colorado. Her father vanished, leaving the Jeep and her weapons. She camped out for days hoping he’d return, but after a week she moved on.

Halfway to Wyoming the Jeep died forcing Ren to return to the woods. Years she searched for this solace, hoping and praying to anyone who listened, that it was real. Just when she thought about giving into temptation and creating a place for herself, she found people. These humans had bite marks, but they were scars.

Anything extra
Weapons: Katana, tanto, tactical knife, and a 9mm pistol.​

Last edited:
Reference image: I'll add this in later
Name: Michael Brett
Nickname(s): Mike, MB
Role: Survivor
Personality (just a trait list is fine): Helpful, Shy, Honest
Background (optional): I'll edit this in later
Anything extra (optional): Has a split personality who calls himself Jake, who surfaces under extreme stress. Jake has a problem comprehending anything and making intelligent decisions, leading him into scary and stupid situations Mike wouldn't otherwise find himself in. Jake is also much more confident than him, some would say overconfident. Mike is unaware of his alter ego due to memory loss he experiences while he surfaces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back