• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Vayne Victori

1566996637690.png

Earth 0 Year 2022
Earth... What a beautiful little ball of blue; floating there reflecting the light from its sun. Like a jewel at the bottom of a clear blue lake. It shined like a beacon for all to see inviting things of all natures to its shores. How unfortunate for its position in the cosmos for soon the shores would be graced with a visitor it would soon wish it had not.

ARRRRRRRNNN ARRRRRRNNN ARRRRRRRNNN

Alarms flared throughout the control center as Cyborg had dropped the tablet he was working on to immediately patch into the main computer. The staff stationed into their seats giving behind the scene support had to relay a delay in transmission as the Watch Tower Alarms were going haywire. "Station 22 external and internal scans for life forms and unregistered tech. Stations 35 -" In all the time the watchtower existed it had been the buffer between Earth and the rest of the universe. The last line of defense, but not only Earth's shield it was its sword dispatching units of meta-humans and aliens to solve the worlds problems. "And someone turn off that damn alarm." Cyborg said impatiently just as the scans finally revealed what was the issue. There was something heading toward Earth and fast. The long distance scans were only able to see it in brief moments between what could only be explained as jumps. If it wasn't for the energy dispersal between each one the object would have most likely gone unnoticed. "Station 41 contact-" "Yooo Cyborg what's shakin?" An interruption from Green Lantern, Hal Jordan version, as he was just returning from a long trip from sector 556 and the light show stopped his date with a cheeseburger. "Perfect timing. There's something headed our way fast sending over coordinate now" Hal signed heavily as he had a bad feeling that he would have to raincheck that burger yet again. His ring flashed as he drifted about space the information being beamed over he created a grid around him highlighting the direction it coming from with a blinking light. Positioning himself to where the blinking was directly in front of him he took in a deep breath and outstretched his arm bracing it with the palm of his other hand he out stretched his light to form a construct of a catchers mitt. "Brace yourself impact in 10... 9... 8...-" "You soooo owe me burger for this..." "4... 3..." "Hey uhhh Shouldn't I be seeing something by now?" "2...-" "No Like seriously... How big is thi-"

If space could relay sound surely there would have been an explosion loud enough to deafen an entire block as a green streak was now soring pass the view from the tower and heading straight toward earth. "GL! " "I..... Got.... This...." Hal struggled his construct pressed firmly up against his cheek as he threw as much energy as he could in pushing whatever the hell it was back. ~Warning Earths Atmosphere approaching~ The ring rang, but suddenly there was no further resistance and their decent stopped. "You did it... Great..." "Yeah... " he said a bit hesitant loving the credit but for a moment he didn't think he had enough juice per force to stop it and Earth's gravitational pull would have surely did him in. "On my way back." Hal said finally getting a chance to get the plates on the truck that hit him. The object was a large crystal? "Ring scan the object." he ordered as the two drifted back toward the moon. ~Unknown Compositions~ "Uhh... oookkk try life signs. " A brow rose as the ring went to work. ~ Unknown composition.~ "Said that already..." he chimed lowering himself and the crystal into the bulk bay where Cyborg was already waiting for him relaying they had found something to Batman and Superman who were both already preoccupied and promised to return when available. "Scratch that last request you owe me 2 burgers double with cheese." Hal smiled at Cyborg closing the distance to shake his hand. "With bacon?" "Better believe it." the two gave a light chuckle and almost instinctually turned around to look at the crystal the size of a small ship in unison.

1567003119207.png

"Sooooo what is it?" Hal broke the silence which rose the only brow Cyborg had as he looked over his shoulder at the Green Lantern with a power ring filled with information most would kill for. "Uhhh" "Yeah its got nuttin. " "Now that's interesting." Cyborg continued his focus on the crystal readying a few systems for scans not sure what he could possibly get that the power ring couldn't. "Hmm Well we aren't going to get anything in here... Lets move it to a more... Contained area." The rough orb like crystal was moved and secured in one of the many lower facilities with a few guards stationed out front. "I'm tellin you it came out of no where... Speaking of no where... Is Diana...? " "Still off world... Time doesn't flow the same there... So who knows how much time has passed for her... She'll return when she's ready.." There was a moment of awkward silence before Cyborg changed the subject. "What did you mean by no where?" Hal stopped in the hallway turning to Cyborg trying to replay the scene in his head. "One second I was ready for the ball game the next... It was trying to clean me off its windshield. Very little bit of nothing in between..." Cyborg gripped his chin thinking. "That suggest there is some form of cloaking system and possibly propulsion system as well" before Cyborg could continue on in ramble tech GL included "Well would explain it putting on the brakes." Cyborg quickly looked up at Hal. "It stopped?" "Full stop." "Could be a pilot or remote controlled." "Checked for life... none and if remoted why stop before you get to the gooey center?"

The arrival of this foreign object posed many questions... Fortunately enough... Answers would find them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back