A Colored Caravan 1x1x1 II

14hca14

Two Thousand Club

The year is 800 and the English Countryside is filled with farmers, kingdoms and Gypsies. With their brightly colored clothes, boisterous, rugged yet friendly personalities and their dazzling performances what is not to like? However one day this delicate partnership breaks and a full out war breaks out.

Name:

Position in the Caravan:

Appearance:

Weapons:

Skills:

Pets:

​Family:

Name: Marella Faire

Position in the Caravan: Entertainer and horse handler (she keeps an eye on the herd while they travel)

Appearance:
http://s4.favim.com/orig/48/beautiful-girl-blue-eyes-dark-hair-Favim.com-464476.jpg

Dress:https://d27fcql9yjk2c0.cloudfront.net/assets/5561519/view_large/PetitesWanderlustBox.jpg?1336831928

Weapons: She is handy with a bow and arrow bu never goes anywhere with out a slew of hidden throwing daggers

Skills: She is amazing with horses, she can dance beautifully, She is also very handy with a needle and thread. She sews all of her clothing but it is according to what her father wants/

Pets: Thorn:

http://www.lakeridgegypsy.com/images/Gypsy_Vanner_Horses_Ster8581-37.jpg
Rosa:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Ea5rrjwzXMA/S6I16Z0_zFI/AAAAAAAAC6c/5rhbhOjgdMA/s400/dunbar.jpg

Swift: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs17/f/2007/187/2/d/Chestnut_Arabian_6_by_littlenake.jpg

​Family/History/Personality: Her mother died when she was ten now she lives with her alcoholic abusive father. He is the bane of the Gypsy Caravan. All he wants is for her to be married off and out of his life but until than he is going to treat her how he likes. Whenever they go to town he manages to find the most horrendous men and bring the back to their wagon. They than proceed to have fun with Marella sometimes she can fend them off with daggers but most times they are prepared.

Name: Bo Mason

Position in the Caravan: He Guards the Caravan and he is a blacksmith

Appearance:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4096/4750214633_aae98915fa.jpg

Weapons: He makes his own swords and daggers. They are the finest in the caravan and many of the Gypsy's purchase weaponry from him.

Skills: Blacksmith, Amazing with a sword

Pets: Gal:http://s4.hubimg.com/u/3720895_f496.jpg

Leaf: http://cache2.allpostersimages.com/p/LRG/21/2144/NEBCD00Z/posters/walker-carol-bay-thoroughbred-gelding-cantering-profile-longmont-colorado-usa.jpg

​Family/History/Personality: Bo's father is the leader of the Gypsy's, a kind robust man who supports his son. When he turned 18 he was given his own caravan and told to figure out how to live on his own for a while. His father pushes him to be the best because he knows that one day his son will take over.

Name: NuriGender: FemaleAge: 17Position in Caravan: Nuri dances and sings in performances. Appearance:

B53ECEEA.jpg

Dress for nice parties:
https://d1ij7zv8zivhs3.cloudfront.net/assets/802772/view_large/b1edd8edca42bce5643e4c858cc99e3e.jpg?1277150880Weapons: One-Handed Swords, but has never been much of a fighter.Skills: Nuri is a skilled dancer and singer. She sells and makes jewelry when they go to town. Pets: Jalda (Meaning: Mare) Family: Nuri grew up with a widowed mother after her father was shot by a gypsy hater. Her mother did her best to teach her to read, write, sing, dance and sew. Though her mother did her best she always had a hard time dealing with Nuri’s reckless personality. Nuri has always been a wild spirit and it just kept getting worse over the years. Her mother dies when she was sixteen after becoming very ill. Nuri then had to take care of herself and live alone in their caravan.

Name: NuriGender: FemaleAge: 17Position in Caravan: Nuri dances and sings in performances. Appearance:
B53ECEEA.jpg
Dress for nice parties: https://d1ij7zv8zivhs3.cloudfront.net/assets/802772/view_large/b1edd8edca42bce5643e4c858cc99e3e.jpg?1277150880Weapons: One-Handed Swords, but has never been much of a fighter.Skills: Nuri is a skilled dancer and singer. She sells and makes jewelry when they go to town. Pets: Jalda (Meaning: Mare) Family: Nuri grew up with a widowed mother after her father was shot by a gypsy hater. Her mother did her best to teach her to read, write, sing, dance and sew. Though her mother did her best she always had a hard time dealing with Nuri’s reckless personality. Nuri has always been a wild spirit and it just kept getting worse over the years. Her mother dies when she was sixteen after becoming very ill. Nuri then had to take care of herself and live alone in their caravan.

Name: Luka Odair

Position in the Caravan: None yet. He was moved here as a form of punishment. His parents want him married soon

Appearance:
images

Weapons:
Dagger

Skills: Good with horses; has raced them on multiple occasions. Can train difficult animals, and is able to play the violin

Pets: A horse named Besnik, meaning "Loyal"
548419.jpg

?Family: Drina's nephew.

Name:Drina Odair Finch

Position in the Caravan: Singer

Appearance:
Egyptian_Make_up_by_Beautiful_Egyptian_Girls.jpg

Weapons:
Twin swords; mostly used in her dances.

Skills:
A singer and general performer.

Pets:
DespBelle0930-06-7331web.jpg
A mare named Misa. She comes from a clan that bred and sold horses, and took Misa with her after she was married.

?Family: Luka's aunt.Married in to the clan. Her husband, however, died of an illness. She stayed with the clan.

I was lazy with my forms, but I finished....So...Little...Detail...*dies of poor literacy on her part*

Also, I am confused. Is this person joining or not? :/

After he woke up, Luka wasn't sure what he was supposed to do. If he had been back home, he would tumble out of bed and clean up after about 30 horses. But, he was in an entertainment caravan.....There were only a few horses. Someone must already have his old job, so he had no idea what to do with himself. Drina was sleeping. The leader of the Clan whose name had escaped him was still sleeping. Luka groaned and forced himself to lie down again, and tried for a few minutes to get some more sleep. More.....Sleep. Just a minute. Just a wink. But, of course, he was wide awake and didn't get that wink. He could barely keep his eyes closed.

With an audible groan, Luka got out of bed and got dressed, splashed some cold water on to his face, and walked out of the caravan. He decided he would wander aroundte camp, just so no one would have to give him a tour and waste both of their time. Maybe he could see some of the horses....Drina did tell him, though, that the people in this clan focused on singing and dancing, and made their money that way. Luka released a sigh. His whole life, he had been told that his clan's way of making money was far more solid. They trained, bred, bought and sold horses. Odair horses were of great quality, and had been sold all over Euorpe, Even the Whitehorse family had bought a couple of white stallions from them.

For some reason, though, Luka found it interesting that so many Gypsy Clans differed in "speciality". There were performers, and animal trainers. THose were the two main categories. Some clans trained horses and bears and dogs and monkeys, and all these animals to perform with them. Others told fortunes and sang. Some, like the Clan he was forced in to, purely entertained while Luka's Clan focused on horses, and horses only. Gypsies were all linked together. They were all kin. If one were to map out and draw a diagram of Gypsy families and how they one was related to another, they would draw a big, tangled web. Some people were just all over the place, and Luka supposed he was one of those people....Nothing made sense in his head.

(Hope you guys don't mind if I started. Besides, I belive Jab said something about bringing her male character in later. Ha ha, sorry if I'm wrong X) Again, hope you don't mind.

Also, I read up on my Gypsy history....I have so many Gypsy books, and have confirmed / denied the information, so I guarentee facts C: )

(That's awesome Dizzy because I honestly do not know a lot about them!)

Marella awoke early to the sound of her drunken father’s snoring, the caravan had arrived late the night before and still he had found time to go into the village and find the cheapest raunchiest bar. He was the reason villagers hated Gypsies; he was a drunken slobbering thief who brought men back to their van so they could have some fun with his daughter. Marella had to put up with it because unfortunately her earning went straight to him until she was 18. Until then she was stuck with him, unless she wanted to break away from the caravan and her only life.

Marella moved silently about the van collecting her clothing and brushes, she liked to get ready by the river under a willow tree. The vines hid her from view and it gave her a moment to bathe. She wore a long white nightdress with an empire waist line a bit of lace around the bodice and straps. Rosa lay sleeping on her bed but as she prepared to leave the brindle hound awoke watching her Mistress. Once Marella was ready she slipped out of the Van, Rosa never leaving her leg. Outside her mare, Swift, was tied up behind the brightly painted van while her Vanner stallion, Thorn, was tied on the other side. “Hey babies,” she cooed softly not wanting to awake anyone. The sun had barely risen above the tree line. “I guess I can take both of you since you both need some water,” she said packing her stuff into a saddle bag. She slung it over Thorn’s broad shoulders and removed his halter and lead, he would follow. Then she turned to Swift and took her halter off. She loved riding horses free of all that hefty tack.

Many people wondered how she kept her two horses separate and prevented foals from being a constant. It was simple really, she never left them alone where they were tied side by side and when Swift was in heat she asked one of her friends to keep her for a while. It was all about being attentive and not letting Thorn think he could get away with anything. Her father of course was always pushing for her to breed them and sell the foal but Marella did not plan on conceding, Swift was her racing mare and she did not want to lose her for a year.

“Alright babies, lets go get clean,” she cooed swinging onto Swift’s chestnut back. She whistled and both Thorn and Rosa jogged to her side. A smile played across her lips, a smile that was only seen when she was around her animals and they set off.

Nuri opened her eyes to the same old room she had lived in for years. She kicked away her tangled blankets and swung her legs over the bed. Her pale blue night gown skimmed the floor as she rose from the bed and walked a short distance a small cupboard holding her few clothes and accessories. Her lips parted as she tossed through her belongings for her performance attire. Quietly, she pulled her night dress over her head and let it fall to the floor. She pulled her skirt and top and complemented her outfit with a golden cuff and some silver and gold bracelets. Looking into the small mirror her mother had given her she let her hair from the lazy bun she had put in the night before fall from the hair tie into a curtain of dark hair draped over her shoulders. She smiled in the mirror and gently set it back on her nightstand. With a skip in her step, Nuri paraded out her door and headed for Bo’s. It is a short walk from her caravan to Bo’s; a walk she took often. She approached the door timidly and knocked. (Bad post! My computer is being crap and I am just frustrated. Promise, my next post won't be this bad.)

Luka sighed and shoved his hands in to his pockets. He wandered for a while, noting the different caravans and memorizing the layout. He tried hard to keep straight, but the smell of manure drew him off his path. Nothing here was familiar except for Drina, and horses. Drina was sleeping, so why not stick to what he knew anyway? So, he followed the scent and found them very soon.

When he walked in to the area and there were four horses tethered to poles. He saw Besnik, but passed his own horse and walked right up to a picturesque bay Arabian mare. "Missie!" he said to the mare, offering her his hand. She sniffed it, and after she seemed to recognize his scent and face, pressed her nose against his palm. "I haven't seen you in, what? Three years? Nay - four." He stroked the horse' delicate nose. "Stupid Drina had to take you away from your herd, yeah? Heh." Luka spent a few minutes with Misa, just catching up with her, and wandered to the next horse. He stopped in front of the mare and let out a low whistle. Palomino. Vanner horse. Stunning.

"I bet you make you a lot of gold when they take you out, yeah?" He offered the mare his hand, then, running his hand along the side of her body, circled her. Luka looked at the horse as if he was thinking about buying her. She was stunning, and had a thick, white but tangled mane and tail. Her coat was well-groomed and glossy, not to mention the
color. Her build was heavy but lean; the frame well-muscled. An all-around handsome horse. He couldn't help but wonder who owned the mare.

(Okay, no prob =) Also, I feel the need to point out that tack and such was used by the Clans like Luka's, since they raced and sold their horses. I don't even think tethers were used by other clans....I could be wrong about that bit.
xD Modern Gypsies? Ugh. The original Gypsies? YES.)

Marella nudged Swift a bit faster, the mare obliged picking up a sweeping trot that forced Rosa to run along side the two horses. A small laugh escaped her lips as they swept through the tall grass. The morning dew wet her long white gown turning bits of it translucent; wherever the wet dress touched her chill bumps arose even though for the most part she was warm. As they reached the edge of the forest Marella slowed the horses to a walk, navigating the forest could be tricky even though she knew this path like the back of her hand.

The gypsy girl could hear the flowing river gurgling in the distance and she began to look for the spotted rock that would point to her Willow tree. The vines would incase her, hiding her from sight while at the same time allowing her to swim and clean herself. The tree was one of her favorite spots in the world because of its ability to hide her and make her feel safe. Just then she saw the large boulder, it was grey and hulking but what made it odd was its spots. All over the smooth skin brown patches covered the rock giving it the affect of looking like an oversized quail egg.

At this point she dismounted from Swift’s back so that she stood between Thorn and the chestnut mare. For no particular reason she had decided to finish the journey by foot and there before laid the willow. Its graceful arms reached over the water and from those arms fell vines that created a tent around any one who pushed through. It was a huge space, large enough for the horses to comfortably graze within as she bathed in the icy water.

Bo awoke early before most were even awake, he had a lot of work to do before he went into town and sold some of his merchandise. The Gypsy boy was the finest blacksmith in the whole caravan and he had yet to find anyone who could surpass him in talent. He had been the singular apprentice under Jaq a man who swore from a young age that he would be the best and only take on the best. For years Jaq had waited for the right apprentice and after watching Bo work for a while the elderly man had taken him on. Those years had been some of the most strenuous and demanding in the boy’s life and yet he would not trade them for anything. He was the finest blacksmith because of that crazy old Gypsy.

He was dressed in a simple pair of brown trousers with a white tunic shirt. He wore over that a leather apron and tall brown boots. His father had shown him how to work with leather and so must of his clothing and shoes were hand made but once again the quality was fine. Bo prided himself on his work and if he did not approve of it he would not sell it or wear it. At this moment he was working on an elegant sword with an iron blade and silver handle. He was careful shaping the metal to fit the design he had created in his mind. The project was thankfully coming to an end and he thrust the sword into sword when he heard a knock at his door. Peeking out the window he realized it was still quite early the only explanation was Nuri, “Come in,” he called over the roar of the fire.

Nuri opened the door with a satisfying creaking sound from the old hinges. “Hello.” She said, stepping inside and grabbing a chair to sit in from the corner. The small gypsy girl settled into the stiff chair and smiled. “Sorry to bother you.” She said apologetically after noticing the blaring fire. “I just wanted to know if it was safe enough to go into town. You know, with all of the gypsy haters around. What do you think?” she asked leaning forward in the chair. All night Nuri had been worried about going into town for their performances and to sell products, but still she had ignored her fears and went on preparing by making more bracelets and practicing her dance. Now she needed to know.

From the other people Nuri had heard about gypsy haters finding out about when they come to town and rumors of attacks. None of it was any surprise, but the sounds of the rumors made her fears swell and drown away her comfort. There had always been gypsy haters and never had there been and peace. Arrests and deaths were more common than anyone would think. Nervously, Nuri played with the belt of her skirt to calm her thoughts at what Bo might answer.

(Hope you don’t mind that I made there be rumors and other stuff.)

Bo looked up to see if in fact he had been correct in assuming it was Nuri. He was right and pleasantly so, he always enjoyed her company and he got lonely living on his own. Of course he was in a caravan packed with people but coming home to an empty van was a bit depressing. He missed the packed quarters of his parents van and the homey smells of his mother’s cooking and washing. Now all that met him was the musky sent him of smoke and half hearted smell of his own laundry. He had tried to clean his clothes as wells as his mother used to but nothing had really worked and it was too time consuming. But now his mind had taken him somewhere else and he needed to focus on the question at hand.

“You are never a bother,” Bo said moving about his van so as to clean up his tools. He pulled the metal door across his fire pit thus suffocating the flames and began to organize his tools. He drew in a breath at her question he looked up ready to say no but he could tell she really wanted to go into town. Bo bit his lip hating to disappoint her, “Oh Nuri, you said it yourself you have heard the rumors I’m just not sure if it would be wise. I mean…” he let his sentence die out as he tried to think of a solution. “The only way I would feel comfortable giving the okay is if I or someone else went with you. Preferably a male, men are less likely to be indecent if you have a chaperone. If I go I promise to stay out of your business but I will remain within seeing distance of you.”

Luka sighed and stroked the palomino mare one more time, decided he absolutely had to ride her, and moved on to his own horse. He stroked Besnik's golden face for a few minutes, wondering how much trouble he would get in with Drina if he saddled up and galloped around the camp. He did that all the time back home, especially if some of the horses needed excercising. Drina knew that. Besides, poor Besnik was rarely given all of his attention. He was Luka's horse, but Luka had other horses to take care of. The last time Besnik was excercised was....Yesterday. When Luka rode in to camp. But, before that, there was a two week time difference.

Maybe just a walk? It had been a while since he had taken a calm walk on a horse, and, besides, he still hadn't seen the whole camp. So, he untied Besnik and slipped the bridle over his face, frosty bit in mouth, clipping all the straps in place, and hopped on bareback. Bareback riding was nice. How come he didn't ride bareback more often? As long as he had the bridle, anyway. He didn't like steering with just the mane. Sometimes Besnik hardly felt it.

He rode out of the area with a row of horses and put Besnik in to a trot. Besnik was comfortable bareback, more comfortable than most horses, as his back dipped rather deep. One could fill his back with water if that's what one wanted. Luka turned a corner and looked around, then pulled Besnik to the right. The right looked more interesting; to the left lay the caravans.

Nuri’s smile quickly vanished at his answer, but she fought for it to return. “You think I cannot handle myself?” she teased, only half serious. “I guess you are right, but I need to go to make gold. I am running low on food and I need more supplies for my bracelets. We already haven’t gone for a week and I having been preparing for today. I don’t want to bother you to watch me like I am a child and I have nothing else to do for today.” She argued, though she wasn’t even sure how well she could defend herself against to police or let alone gypsy haters. “But I trust your judgment and though I would love to block out everything you just said, I believe you too much. So, if you feel I shouldn’t go, I won’t go.” She said and meant each word. She had known Bo for years and not once had she questioned what he said. She smiled and got up from the chair she sat in. “Well, you look busy. I should go and let you to your work.” She said and went in for a hug goodbye. (Sorry, short post. I was in a hurry.)

Before Marella passed completely out of sight of the caravan she spotted a boy she had never seen before on horseback. He was riding a horse she had never seen before, she slowed Swift and made sure Thorn had also stopped and looked at him. He was a good twenty yards away from her but she could tell he was comfortable upon horses back. His presence was odd, not really alarming but still odd. Marella finally nudged the horses one with Rosa panting heavily beside them. She, like him, was only riding bareback but the difference was that she was a girl, a girl in a sheer nightgown who is only supposed to be seen in a corset and dress or else gets beaten for it. She had known that her ride this morning was risky but she thought she could be fast enough to avoid trouble. They gyspy girl cursed herself urging her horses into a gallop as she darted into the woods.

(sorry for the craptastic post)

Bo sighed, he knew money got tight with Nuri’s family on occasion and he wanted to help her out. When she hugged him instead of letting go he held her and turned her head up so that she faced him, “You are so stubborn listen, I am not all that busy plus Blanc needs to be exercised and on top of all that I want to get out of this van before my lungs turn to smoke so WE are going to town,” at this point he let go of her nudged Nuri towards the door, “Now go get a horse and your goods while I get ready. The Gypsy Prince has to look good when he goes into town,” he teased smudging some more ash on his face.

Once she had left Bo cleaned up tossing on a nice white shirt and a pair of red pants. His black boots shone against the satiny fabric and than came his golden sword and other jewelry. Even though he was a guy he liked a little bit of gold with his outfit, it’s not a bad thing to want to look good. When he slipped out of the caravan he than saddled white mare who was lipping at him saucily.

http://www.theequinest.com/images/american-albino-1.jpg

As Luka was riding, he saw a dog ran by his trail. He stopped Besnik, who started a bit, and watched it pass. How odd. He looked back and tapped Besnik in to a walk, and saw a horse's nose poking out of the branches. "Excuse me?" he asked, wondering if teh horse was someone's mount. Seeming to gravitate towards it, he urged Besnik in to a trot. Leaves rustled. Hooves pounded. Lacey fabric flew. The horse was gone. It had a rider, a young girl about his age. He only saw her wild hair and bits of her dress. LUka cocked his head, wondering if he should follow. THis clan was odd.

(I have nothing to post. You gave me nothing to post, and it has been this way through the entire role play thus far....I can't keep improvising.)

(I just had Marella blatantly stop and stare at him in a sheer nightgown then take off mysteriously into the forests...)

Nuri smiled and laughed lightly as Bo nudged her out the door. She grinned and the now closed door, turned and ran for her horse. Slowly, she approached her young mare and gently stroked her nose. “Hello, Jalda.” She whispered to her horse. Her grin widened as she took her box of jewelry from her house and trotted back and mounted Jalda. Her bracelets clanked against each other in small jingles as she rode her horse back over to Bo’s. “Ready?” she asked happily as she passed Bo mounting his own horse. She saw he had changed into the appropriate attire for going into the Kingdom, and as the Caravan’s future leader the pressure was on him to look the part with elegance. Noticing his sword, she assumed it was to be expected for him to bring. She had a dagger hidden in her skirt for protection. It was a sad thing to worry about, but she had learned to live along side the worry that came with being a gypsy. Along with the names that were spat at her and the places she couldn’t enter, and the violence of the police and gypsy haters. She pats Jalda’s neck and hung onto her mane as she continued forward, assuming Bo was following. She turned her head and gestured for him to come faster.

(My other character is to be expected in my next post.)

Bo carried with him not only his sword but three others ready to sell. Once had had them sold the Gyspy Prince would direct them to the caravan for hilts and other products, it was all a matter of advertising if they wanted business. Blanc did not mind the extra weight or the clanking metal despite her normally flight behavior. “Uh Yeah I am ready to go, um let’s head out,” Bo replied urging the mare onward towards the high wall.

“So I assume you have your merchandise and a coin pouch,” he said hoping to spark some conversation on the short ride. Most of the farmers had already headed into the market and set up shop so the line to be inspected by guards was short. Bo silently prayed that it would turn out well. He knew how easily guards could become furious over silly things so not once did he smart mouth. He just hoped Nuri was doing the same.

“Why ya’ here?” One grunted, jabbing a meaty finger through his saddle bags.

“I am aiming to sell some swords in the market, are you interested?” Bo replied trying to lighten the mood. The guard was not impressed but in the end he begrudgingly allowed the Gypsy Prince to pass through the gates. He immediately began to look for Nuri assuming the worst.

Luka, deciding he was bored and giving himself a tour wouldn't satiate himself, put Besnik in to a canter. He was going to follow the rider in her nightclothes. Was the dog hers? That stupid mutt could have spooked Besnik and really hurt the both of them. Luka really wasn't one to mix horses with other animals, unless there was a thick line of seperation between them during rides and such. Only some situations were exceptions. This one certainly wasn't. As Luka and his stallion galloped, he wondered if he was only seeing things, like the rider. There were hoof prints to follow, but they w ere faint. Beside them was another horse's prints. Were two horses left stray? Do these horses even belong to this clan? They shouldn't even own more than three. Well, they could, absolutely, but it was just...Abnormal. This clan was abnormal.

(How about RPing with me, 14?
-_- Sorry If I am seeming rude, but I've given both of you multiple openings. So, what the heck? I'll take yours. =P)

Users who are viewing this thread