Story A collection of short stories within the world of the Institution

BasilOwO

Tell me a story, a story of lovers and friends..
I will be writing short stories based off of my series. These will mainly be backstories and openings for ideas within side stories that may become actual stories. Most of the short stories I write here will be based off of characters with a darker background.

A story of a wolf and her blades
Samantha Jones, a being of pain and hate, currently finds herself within the walls a small room, her girlfriend sitting a few feet away from her. Emily, better known as Flame, kept her eyes fixed on the wolf, the amber orbs scanning her face for any sign of emotion. "You know, you can't hide how you're feeling from me, right?" She asked her, holding out one hand. The elf, younger than most, knew exactly where hiding your feelings got you. She herself had kept her secrets from the other, which ended up with their friendship crumbling into something that could be considered memorable, if you were insane.

For a year, they danced around each other. Flame always kept Allen by her side, knowing the boy would make Sam as uncomfortable as possible. She had felt the need to protect herself. Keep the mutt as far as possible. And yet she longed for her friend back. She longed for the friendship that they had lost when she had saved her, sneakily from a coven of vampires. She knew the coven, and had heard of a very important wolf being taken. Of course, she found that to be her chance.

Take what they wanted, and find yourself torn. You have saved a hybrid, wanted for the fact that she was both a werewolf and a vampire. The packs and the covens, for the life of them could not find out where she had gotten her vampire blood from. Of course, she knew. She had seen her mother acting strange during the night, always going out for a late night walk and not coming back for a few hours. It had made her angry that her mother had kept the secret from her, and deep down, she knew her father had known. Love knows no bounds, she supposed.

Glancing over, her eyes landed on the blades on the desk beside her, and she'd reach over, grasping the hilt of one in her hands. Emilia Jones, or Emily was her mother, which made having a girlfriend of the same name strange. It was uncommon, but at the same time, it had often bothered her to think about it. Taking a breath, she place it back down, staring at the elf, who in turn stared back, cracking a grin. She smiled back, before leaning back, waiting for the other to join her. Wrapping her arms around her in a tight hug, she'd sigh. This was enough, it was always enough.

The next short story takes place within the war, were two very different people become friends.

I watched the smaller woman make her way through the trees, being careful not to make a sound. Having been sent on a scouting mission by Sam, the two of us found each other awkwardly waiting for an attack or to be aloud to go home. "You know, Hound, you didn't have to follow me if you wanted to stay back at the castle." The one in front of me, River, muttered. I raised my brow to the light haired female. "I can't leave you to your own devices and you know that. That's why Sam sent me, because Rain has blood out for you after you ripped off his leg during a fight." I reminded her, the wings on my back fluttering slightly. I had been changed into a thing of nightmares, a demon of sorts. Wings sprouted from my back, my eyes no longer the blue that they once were. They were a shining red, taking in everything around me. "Yes, and if you remember, it wasn't my fault that bastard lost his leg." She snapped, slowing for me to catch up.

I sighed to myself, knowing what she had said was true. Her brother, for what it was worth, was someone we didn't want to mess with. He had turned on his sister, whom might I add, wasn't someone to be taken lightly. When she had been attacked, she was patrolling in her wolf form. Her brother knew not to show her mercy if he wanted this to succeed in the way that his master wished. "You were protecting yourself, I'll give you that. But, River, Rain and his master, the one providing us shelter does not believe that. Broken knows that we're up to something, and she doesn't trust Needle more than the rest of us do." She looked at me, fingers pinching the bridge of her nose. "Needle came out of nowhere. When she first arrived, Broken had treated her like an equal, while the rest of us.. we we're left alone. If you remember, Mr. Benjamin had tried to get her to follow him to his room, in which he almost lost his life. That damned scientist did this to me.. I was a normal werewolf once upon a time, and then he shaped me and Whisper into something nothing more than a shadow of what we were before. Whisper lost her physical body, and I was turned into a demon."

She walked back, placing her hand on my shoulder. I flinched, though I leaned into it. The feather behind her ear was what I had focused one since I had met her. Not the earrings covering her ears, just the feather. "Where did you get that from?" She asked her, head tilting. "Well, Rain's father gave it to me. When he died, it was a blow to the both of us, so I've kept it behind my ear ever since." She explained, holding out her hand. "And you, you have something from your past life, right?" I shook my head, "Unfortunately no. I haven't gone home in years, and whatever I had must be gone now." She sighed, "Well then Hound, lets find you something to remember me by, incase I die." She promised, and I grabbed her hand, allowing her to drag me away. "You won't die River.. you won't, I promise."

The next short will be about a wolf named Blue, her relationship with her girlfriend Burnt is one that, while it may look bad on the outside, the two of them face the issue of regret and remorse. This takes place after the war, in which the main characters from before are now trying to live normal lives. Enjoy.

What Burnt doesn't know about me, is that I would go to hell and back to protect her. Funny how life works like that, how you can love someone and they throw it back at you in full force. Perhaps that's why I stick around, because I know she loves me deep down and I hope that one day she will see that. That one day, she'll see the pain that she has put me through since day one. I remember when I met her, four years ago, in the woods. We were both Young, maybe ten or eleven. She was different then, sweeter. She had cared, but she had slowly changed, she had ripped herself apart from the inside out and I could see that. I could see that she was in pain, but it made her look weak to even say something about it. I know the feeling, considering the thing that she has become. Now, I live in fear of her, and Everytime she says she loves me, perhaps she's lying. Though she knows I'd do anything for her, will she do the same, or will I once again be alone in a world of pain.

How do you show pain? I see Blue in pain a lot, and it worries me. I may not show it, but I do care. I've never been able to show her I care without her being afraid. I suppose I deserve it though, after the amount of mental and physical pain that I have put her through. The poor thing would do anything for me, and there was a time when I would return the favor. Now? I see no reason to. She can protect herself. I see her prove other's wrong everyday. That's may be why I'm hard on her. People would think, that while I may be short, I have no influence on her. Maybe their right, maybe I should leave her to heal. But that would hurt her more than me staying and I can't do that to her, not now not ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back