• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Selve Village] A Cold Case: Afterward

LadyOfStars

Tu'er Shen the Rabbit God
This roleplay is a part of the Isekai Hell group. If you want to join or learn more about it, follow this link: Isekai Hell

275aecf9ba1fadac906ebf293af620b4.jpg

Parrot Parfait Parrot Parfait Dante Verren Dante Verren
After a full day of celebrating, the village had started to return to some semblance of normalcy. The people had quieted down and although the fears would never truly leave their hearts, they were moving on. The inn had been noisy the past 24 hours, but now was as quiet as a church. The villagers were not used to so much excitement and most of them were either exhausted or hungover from the partying.

As promised, the village's heroes had been given free room and board for as long as they needed, On this sunny new day, a full breakfast had been prepared by the inn keeper and his cooks, to honor the heroes as well as help them fight off any lasting effects the ale may have left them with from the night before. The inn keepers youngest child went around to notify the adventurers, but struggled to find the fourth one. It seemed that when no one was looking, The Oni slipped away in the night.

Despite his long night and the struggles that they faced in the forest, Mitsunari had been up bright and early and arrived to the common room just in time to see their breakfast being brought out. "Good morning." He greeted the family of the inn keeper with a warm smile and bowed his head. The son and daughter duo smiled back and finished setting the food down. Mitsunari swept his kimono under himself and slid into his chair at the end of the table. A variety of foods sat before him and although he wasn't very hungry, he couldn't resist. "Thank you very much." The fox said as he watched the children depart. now he just had to wait and see if Hildegard and Kain stuck around or if they disappeared like their party member.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since falling unconscious from last night's excursion, Kain had not yet woken up. Concerned for his wellbeing, the innkeepers took in Kain and laid him on one of their beds. While asleep, Kain suffered a nightmare, memories of his past life agitated by the blood spilt by his own hands. A bridge, a river, black foreboding figures. A scream, a howl, and then all came tumbling down... They were always like this... but if he'd tried harder, could things have been different? As if taking forever, Kain clawed his way up, opening his eyes to find himself in an unfamiliar room, the sun shining through a window onto his bed.

"Where... where am I?" Kain muttered to himself, as the dream began breaking apart, the vestiges dissolving like mist in the morning sun. By the time Kain realized he was forgetting his dream, it was too late though he tried desperately to keep it within his grasps. However, faced with the fact that recovering his dream was beyond him, Kain gave up, before listlessly staring at the ceiling. What had happened the night before? Unlike the dream, his yesterday's events took mere moments before all the memories came flooding back in. Kain shuddered. He wrapped his arms around himself for protection as the events played through his head once more. The cultists, the wolves, the stabbing, the explosion... explosion? Kain's eyes widen as he realized what had happened last night. What of the adventurers that he accompanied with? Kain lay paralyzed in his bed over the fate of the others. However, he had to get up sometime, and when that time arrived, Kain took a deep breath before leaving his bed and exiting the hall.

Wwhen Kain traveled through the upper halls and down the stairs, his worry over the others continued to plague them. What had happened to them? What if he hadn't told them in time? What if they got caught in the blast? These scary thoughts echoed through his mind, pounding at his head every step down the stairs he took. However, when Kain finally entered the common room, all his worries melted away at the sight of Mitsunari.

"Mr. Fox!" Kain beamed before running at Mitsunari and tackle-hugging him with nearly the force of a football player, if that football player was four feet tall and wearing pajamas. LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

1644296876453.png
"You're okay!!!"

Hildegard Karling
Interactions: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Parrot Parfait Parrot Parfait
63f4386cfb91d03db9533a15284a6ed3.jpg

After the eventful adventure the rest of the night for Hildegard was disappointing to be sure. The gratitude of the villagers was welcome of course, even more so was the gift of free lodging and food. After her wounds were treated, and her stomach was full, she had laid down to rest. Expecting to have dreams of glory from her divine lord showering her with praise, or even nightmares of the horrendous explosion or horrific cultist activity. She was left with nothing. Hildegard slept like a rock all through out the night not stirring even once. This led her to awaken feeling dissatisfied, as if she had been cheated out of some experience she deserved.

Sitting up in bed Hildegard still felt exhausted form the night before. Even with the wounds treated her arms were sore and the searing pain of metal cutting through her flesh was still fresh in her mind. Just thinking about that caused her wounds to ache with phantom like pain. Looking at her arms where she had been wounded she could see the fresh scars, new marks on her previously unscarred limbs. The first marks of her righteous adventure. A growling in her stomach forced her onto her feet and drove her to get dressed. Once she was presentable she made her way down stairs.

Not one to like being unarmed the sword was strapped securely in it's scabbard on her hip. As she descended down the stairs she heard the now familiar voice of Kain call out with excitement. Reaching the bottom step she saw the form of the young boy clinging to Mitusnari the fox. With a light smile on her face she approached the two and gave them both a light pained wave. "Good morning both of you."

Seikatsu Mitsunari

94aae47a88b4145dbb9318535a2bfe9e.jpg

Dante Verren Dante Verren Parrot Parfait Parrot Parfait

"Oof." Mitsunari sounded when Kain crashed into him with a shocking amount of force for someone his size. Although he couldn't say that he was surprised as the boy's true potential was stil a mystery. "Good morning, Little One." He repled while holding tightly to the chair with his left hand and having placed his right hand on Kain's back. Just then he heard the steps of another person approaching and turned to see that it was their holy knight companion. "Hildegard. Good morning." The kitsune greeted gently Oddly enough he was glad to see that both members of his party were still here, unlike The Oni who had departed before the sun came up.

"Sit, they've prepared a splendid feast for us." He let go of the little forest child and sat back in his chair. "I gather none of us are from this unfortunate little vilaage so I must ask, what will you two do next now that the danger has been dealt with for now?"

Kain Lief
1639268335715-png.939257

"Knight Lady!"
Interactions: Dante Verren Dante Verren LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

O6qJLex.gif
As Kain was hugging Mitsunari, a familiar voice called out with morning greetings, prompting Kain to swiftly turn around. Upon seeing Hildegard, Kain beamed a smile towards her. "You're okay, miss! And good morning!" When Mitsunari lifted his hand from Kain, Kain slipped away to give Hildegard a child-sized bear hug. He'd been so worried about his party members that he couldn't hold back his emotions. Last night was pretty rough after all. Though, after released Hildegard from his hug, Kain took a look around the room for the last party member, but upon realizing his absence, Kain grew somewhat worried.

"I gather none of us are from this unfortunate little vilaage so I must ask, what will you two do next now that the danger has been dealt with for now?"
HcuzAYC.gif
Kain turned towards Mitsunari, listening before thinking on his answer. However, as Kain mulled over what he'd do next, he couldn't come up with a clear answer. One possibility was going back to his daily routine, but deep down, Kain knew he'd never be satisfied his previous way of living. However, at the same time, last night's events made Kain reconsider adventuring if bad people like yesterday's existed in the world. Unable to answer, Kain continued to ruminate and probably wouldn't find an answer till Hildegard gave hers.

Hildegard Karling

Before Hildegard could say anything in reply to Mitsunari she was all but leaped upon by Kain. Hildegard was not use to hugs, if you asked her to remember when the last time she had actually received one she would struggle to remember exactly when the last time was. Growing up her family wasn't exactly a close one. Except for her brother, she had never really gotten along with anyone, and her brother wasn't really a hugger. Instead he was the type to slug you in the shoulder and laugh as you rubbed the growing bruise. Considering her current condition and Kain's happy smile, a hug was rather pleasant.

Wincing as she raised her right arm, Hildegard patted Kain on his head as he encompassed her in a bear hug. "I'm happy to see you are alright, you gave us quite a scare." She replied to the excited kid. As soon as she was free from Kain's grasp, she immediately took a seat. The sight and smell of food was already making her mouth water and stomach growl in anticipation. Ignoring Mistunari's question for the moment she raised her hands together and gave a prayer. "Thank you lord for your benevolent bestowal of gratitude to the villagers so that they may provide us with such a feast. I will eat my fill to honor your will."

Finishing her prayer Hildegard could finally answer Mitsunari's question. "No I am not from here. Once I have had time to rest I will continue on my way to the next village. I don't wish to over stay my welcome and it seems like my purpose for being here has been completed. Ultimately my path is painted by the lord, so no matter where I go it will be where I need to be." glancing around she noticed that the Oni was missing. "Where did spooky go? Did he decide to skip town?"

Seikatsu Mitsunari

Parrot Parfait Parrot Parfait Dante Verren Dante Verren

He had to admit that they were a very diverse group, especially when it came to personalities. Mitsunari also couldn't ignore Hildegard's infatuation with her religious idol. It was none of his business, but her faith did gnaw away at his patience whenever it was brought up. His eyes swept downward to is plate, ignoring the woman and her words. "I think that I too will be moving on. I was only passing through when I took on this task." The fox raised a cup of freshly squeezed orange juice to his lips and took shallow sips so as not to smudge his makeup. "I haven't seen our shadowy companion and I doubt any of us will while we still linger here. He has likely moved on to his next calling." His golden eyes rolled to look at Kain and he tilted his head, causing his hair to fall over his shoulder like a black curtain. "And what of you, Little One?" Mitsunari asked.

Kain Lief
1639268335715-png.939257

"Let's go together!"
Interactions: Dante Verren Dante Verren LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

When Kain learned that the Oni was safe, he left out a relieved exhale, but Kain's expression then saddened a bit over the fact that their last party member had decided to forgo the festivities. Kain, however, had an inkling of an idea as to why, with the Oni's bloody aura and all.

When Mitsunari reiterated the question, Kain looked towards Mitsunari before pondering for the second time while looking at the table, going "Hmm..." as he pinched his lips. During last night's debacle, Kain experienced a resolve, an anger, and a fear he'd never felt before, and those emotions continued to echo within his heart. The answer was unclear for Kain, further muddled by his attachment to the forest and fear of the unknown... and yet here were these adventurers ready to set off on their next adventure. In his gut, Kain knew that if he didn't seize upon this chance, he would never have the courage to explore the world by himself. The deciding factor was this conclusion, and so Kain made his choice.

"I wanna explore with you guys!" Kain said resolutely. "I wanna go see other forests, beat up some bad guys together, and cook for both of you!" Even though all of it came out without much thought (especially that last part) and despite feeling an unsurety, Kain meant every single bit of what he said, all from the bottom of his heart. He wanted to be here for these two, regardless of what this party may encounter.

Hildegard Karling
Interaction: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Parrot Parfait Parrot Parfait

Hildegard started to dig into her food, completely oblivious to Mitsunari's dissatisfaction with her zealously. Instead her focus was on the delectable meal now gracing her tongue and filling her stomach. While it wasn't exactly five star, it was obvious the villagers were doing there best to provide for the hero's who saved the village. It was something that she was very grateful for, after all there would have been much less satisfaction if the villagers and merely sent them on the way. This meal was also made much more pleasent by the lack of the Oni. His demonic presence had certainly caused her discomfort to say the least. Though she did hope he had at least gotten some food before slipping away. He deserved at least some of the victory spoils.

When Mitsunari asked about Kain's plan Hidlegard regained interest. While it was more obvious that Mistunari and herself would go there separate ways, Kain's fate was less clear. It was made evident what the boy wanted when he had his minor outburst. Caught by surprise she actually got a little embarrassed. She had never had anyone so enthusiastically proclaim they wanted to travel with her. Coughing slightly to regain her composure, she quickly gave the two others a large smile. "Guess that settles it then. To our future endeavours!" As she spoke she held her cup for a cheers.

Seikatsu Mitsunari

The questioned asked of him and Hildegard had taken Mitsunari by surprise and it showed as his brows shot up and his eyes widened slightly. He hadn't planned to continue working with the two of them and even now as they sat in a momentary bliss, he could not push aside the things he disliked. To commit to working alongside Hildegard would mean listening to and respecting her religious beliefs. Kain was not so irritating, but he was a child who would more than likely require protection until he was able to defend himself. Taking care of another person would not be how he spent his new life.

Relaxing back into his chair, Mitsunari glanced at both of his associates. Despite the things he disliked about them he could not deny the potential that they both showed. Hildegard was a skilled fighter and he felt that she could be relied upon for anything. But would she be too righteous and good? Kain's connection to nature could be a powerful asset if honed correctly and used effectively.

"I'm afraid I must travel alone, but I don't think that there would be a better pair to travel together than the two of you." He looked to Hildegard momentarily and than glanced at Kain. "Stick with Hildegard and you will be safe." The fox advised.

Kain Lief
1639268335715-png.939257

"I understand..."
Interactions: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Dante Verren Dante Verren

Upon Hildegard giving a toast to their future endeavors, Kain smiled brightly and brought his cup up in tandem. However, when Mistunari didn't raise up his own cup, Kain gave him a puzzled look.

"I'm afraid I must travel alone, but I don't think that there would be a better pair to travel together than the two of you." He looked to Hildegard momentarily and than glanced at Kain. "Stick with Hildegard and you will be safe." The fox advised.

HcuzAYC.gifMitsunari's answer, though Kain knew it meant well, hurt Kain a little bit. In his naivety, Kain had totally expected Mitsunari to accept, but upon getting a different answer, the young boy's expression saddened a bit as he was unable to understand why Mitsunari had rejected his request. Kain, oh so selfishly wanting to party up, tried his best to formulate a counter-argument, but after seeing the fox's expression, Kain could feel, at this time, doing so wouldn't be good. As such, while trying his best to manage a smile, Kain agreed, saying, "Yes Mr. Fox..." Kain then slowly brought his cup down... "Buuut..." Kain trailed off as his eyes were rekindled with a bit of joy, "Could I still cook for you and miss knight, just before we go?"

Hildegard Karling

Hildegard's smile turned upside down into a frown at Mitsunari's refusal. While she would have understood his refusal if he had some sort of personal quest he was on. "If you have made up your mind then I won't try to change it, but unless you have a specific mission that has to be done alone traveling with us for a bit longer wouldn't kill you." She had observed that Kain had been the most attached to Mitsunari over herself and the Oni. Her conclusion was affirmed when the disappointment was evident from Kain. Though admittedly the boy bounced back rather quickly.

As Kain asked to cooked for the two of them, Hildegard's smile returned and she chuckled at Kain. "Of course! That would be wonderful, right Mitsunari?" as she spoke she shot a look towards Mitsunari, one that silently told him to accept. Taking the matter back to the group travel, Hldegard spoke to Kain. "It might not be as fun without Mitsunari around, but we can still have fun adventures. There is a limitless amount of people to encounter, so we will definitely find more people that will want to travel with us and try your cooking. Who knows, perhaps we will run into Mitsunari again on our travels." Hopefully that would make the boy feel better about the fox leaving.

Seikatsu Mitsunari

While it was a somewhat sad topic, Mitsunari was glad that neither of them tried to drag the conversation on in the hopes of convincing him to stay. He placed his cup back down on the table and flashed a small smile at Kain. "Hildegard is right. We are all connected now and I will cross your paths again one day. On that day you can cook for me and I will be looking forward to having a meal with the two of you." This was the first time that he had actually worked with someone and Mitsunari felt the sting that came with leaving people behind. He pushed back from the table, his chair scraping the wooden floor as he did so, and rose from his seat. "I'm going now, while there is still light out. You two should do the same. And Kain, I've left your backpack with the innkeeper. I wasn't sure When you'd wake up."

The Kitsune had no set destination as of yet and no plan to guide him, but he had a goal in mind and didn't need distractions or obstacles shaped like people. They had worked with one another to solve a mystery, protected one another in combat, and survived a brush with death. The three of them and perhaps even the Oni were bonded now and that alone was enough to hinder any plan.

Bending at the hip, Mitsunari bowed to Kain and Hildegard. "Until we meet again. Take care of one another." He said before he straightened back up and turned away from the two. The fox took his leave of the inn, disappearing through the doors.

Kain Lief
1639268335715-png.939257

"We'll see each other soon!"
Interactions: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Dante Verren Dante Verren

Kain nodded agreeingly with Hildegard. Even though they'd be parting ways, the separation wouldn't be forever. Kain felt a little bit better knowing this fact, especially if they were to spend one more meal together. That being said, Kain expected Mitsunari to accept the invitation, but when Mitsunari turned down the offer, Kain couldn't help but make another sad face. There existed a gap between the boy and the fox, and Kain could feel it but could not understand it. Why, after going through yesterday, was Mitsunari rejecting everything? Kain couldn't figure it out being so young, and as such, had no plan for recourse. Kain desperately wanted to "fix" the situation, but upon Kain remembered his previous decision to accept Mitsunari's decision, he quickly slapped his cheeks. Then, as Mitsunari was leaving, Kain gave a slightly forced but still happy smile before seeing Mitsunari off.

"Thank you Mr. Fox! And don't worry, Miss Knight and I will get along just fine!" Kain hollered as he waved towards Mitsunari, who disappeared through the doors of the inn.

Note: Afterwards, Kain will eat with Hildegard before asking her if he could stop by his base to pick up some stuff. This note was added since this thread is concluding soon. Also, Kain will find something new in his Kiddie's Guide to Survival and may ask Hildegard to teach him magic (Magic Affinity Skill).

Hildegard Karling
Interactions: Parrot Parfait Parrot Parfait LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Hildegard was surprised that Mitsunari even rejected the request for Kain to cook. Not only was he passing up a free meal, but also making a pretty quick exit. It wasn't Oni quick, but still rather fast. Must have been a pretty important mission for the fox to run away that quickly, or maybe he just wasn't a fan of people? Either way she waived her hand at Mistunari, giving him a silent farewell as the man stood up and left from the tavern. With just her and Kain left, all they needed to do was finish eating then decide where they were going next.

After the two were done eating their fill, Hildegard would thank the inn keeper for there generosity and help Kain gather up his things. He dind't have a lot so it wasn't like they would be carrying an entire house's worth possessions. Afterwards with the two standing at the edge of the village, Hildegard was dressed in her armor with sword shethed at her hip. Looking back she would wave to whatever villagers were seeing the pair off. Turning to Kain she looked down at the younger boy, "You are officially an adventurer. How about we head off to the local lords residence? I'm sure we can find some kind of adventure there. " It was just a suggestion, and as she took her first step forward out of the village Hildegard knew that she had a lot more responsibility thrusted on to her shoulders. That was fine though, after all it was the lords plan.

Isekai Hell RP Grade
Sorry for the delay. A nice little narrative explanation for how the characters split after the original rp.

Aftermath
The characters go their separate ways. Nothing more to say other than the village will be thankful to the characters for the near future.

Rewards
Mitsunari
- 11 points (narrating bonus present) - optional tital acquired [Loner] - character excels at handling their mental state and social needs over extended periods of isolation. Will not easily crumble at the prospect of going at something alone.

Hildegard - 13 points - optional title acquired [Zealous] - character holds their beliefs in high regard and they live their life in a way that makes it apparent to all who come into contact with them. Fellow believers are awed and inspired by their faith. Skeptics are perpetually turned off to interactions with the character.

Kain - 11 points - optional title acquired [Dreamer] - character's life easily impacts their dreams and their dreams seem to impact their life. Character occasionally has meaningful dreams with narrative significance at narrator discretion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back