• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A Closet Arrangement

Xeppy

bloop idots —>
Roleplay Type(s)
“To our kingdoms, Akhar and Vayrn, for our success! Our culture! May more prosperous trades come between our nations, as our relationships thrive further and further. I am very pleased and fortunate to have Vayrn’s representatives and royalty here to help us celebrate this momentous occasion. Thank you all.” King Hao’s voice was direct and cold, as he put little warmth into the words he was announcing to all. Clearing his voice, he continued his little speech with, “On this fine day, we will first be having this arrangement here and then end it with dinner. I expect new relations between you all and a good day. Many thanks.”

Marguerite bowed her head in acknowledgement to her father’s speech as the collective clapping filled the hall. Today was the day of achievement for the successful trade between her kingdom, Akhar, and the kingdom of Vayrn. Nobody ever doubted that this trade would fail: the two kingdoms were incredibly successful, leading to them having great relations with each other. Due to this, she was forced to come to this occasion as a representative and royal of Akhar, discussing and being polite to the other kingdom’s members. This was a typical responsibility and order that she had to follow, however, to set both a good example for her kingdom and her family. Even if she knew this, she still dreaded this evening and what was to follow with it. She would never show the annoyance that was bubbling inside her, of course, but she couldn’t help but think of how miserable this event would be with the meeting of another suitor.

A person came in front of her as Marguerite immediately put on a fake smile, hiding any emotions that may have been showing on her usually empty face. Curtsey and smile. Curtsey and smile. She found herself repeating this pattern for many guests and representatives throughout the whole party. The moment she did this, though, the person she directed this towards seemed immediately satisfied and always left her. This was the same case now, with the female immediately smiling sweetly and curtsying back. The moment that this woman did this, Marguerite felt her smile become slightly bigger as she stared at the mysterious woman’s smile. This stranger’s smile was nice. Cute. Better than any of the suitor’s smiles that she had ever encountered.

Marguerite found herself back in reality when the woman hurried off from her, rushing towards another. Marguerite’s smile slightly faltered before she changed back into the black expression that usually dominated her facial features, her now walking over to where King Hao was. Before the party started, he had ordered her to meet him after his speech to introduce herself to her suitor. Even if the King knew everything about the other Kingdom, he never bothered to tell Marguerite anything about the suitor. It was understandable, however. If he told her the suitor earlier, she may have already lost interest in learning about him… like the rest of her suitors.

She curtsied before her father and said plainly, “I am here, father. Was I not supposed to meet my suitor? Where is he?”

Hao waved her off, his face being scrunched up and hostile. “Patience, patience! Have I not told you to be patient, girl?” He muttered something quietly that was most likely an insult while looking around the hall. “He will come here eventually. He is expected to greet me, of course, so he will have no choice but to greet you as well if you stand right there and be quiet.”

The girl stood next to her father obediently, although not too close. Her dark yellow dress with white outlines was overly fluffy, it taking up much space around her. Her maids had chosen the outfit for her under the instructions of King Hao, and this was what he chose. Her blank face stayed emotionless at the memory as her dull, gray eyes swept the hall, looking for the prince she was supposed to meet.

yoikes yoikes

The trip to Akhar was uncomfortable and boring, and as soon as they arrived his father made him change and all, then head to join this event right away. While Kairat usually perks up at the mention of party, honestly, he just want to throw himself on a bed and sleep until morning. He was that exhausted. But, he got to admit, meeting all these Akharians might be worth all his tiredness...

"... at, Kairat? Are you listening to me, son?" The stern voice of his father, King Taras Medetov of Varyn, snapped him from the trail of his thoughts. Kairat caught on quickly, joining the crowd applauding King Hao's speech about something something relationship between the two kingdoms... He wasn't really listening to that either. His father, sharp of ever, could tell. He let out a sigh and leans closer for a whisper, "See that young woman by his side? That's her."

Right. They are here for another matchmaking meeting. And by her, she must be the princess his father told him before, currently busy to smile and greet a guest. When things seemed to have calm down for the Adelaides, King Taras stood up and signed with his hand, telling Kairat that it is the right time for them to make their introduction.

Kairat stood up and followed his father closely, making their way through the various guests that has been invited to this party, who carefully watch them with curious eyes. He wondered if they has heard about the matchmaking from somewhere, gossips are something that travel fast, after all.

"King Hao, what a wonderful speech!" King Taras opened with a praise, a bright smile radiating from his face already. It's amazing how fast he could flip that "people-person" switch on, Kairat always think he got it from him. His father then stepped aside, his hand firmly planted behind Kairat's shoulder, and pushed him to step closer. "This is my son, Kairat. I think this is the first time you meet, no?"

"It's a pleasure, King Hao..." Kairat bowed at him, then bowed again toward the princess. "And to you, too, princess..."

Marguerite straightened her back when King Taras came with a male individual by his side, trying to make her posture much more mature and royal-like. These were Vayrn's royals, after all- she would be expected to make a good impression so that they would maintain a good relationship. She could see her father doing the same: straightening his back and further hardening his face. She would expect her father to speak kind words to Vayrn royalty, but she highly doubted that he would speak warmly or friendly. She found herself curtsying at the same time her father bowed, looking at the king and prince expectantly for introductions.

King Hao nodded at King Taras's praise and said boldly, "I thank you, King Taras. It's my pleasure to please you." When introduced to the prince, he bowed to Kairat and voiced, "It's delightful to meet you, Prince Kairat of Vayrn."

Even though she was not pushed forward, Marguerite still felt like she was moved forward from the stare that King Hao gave her. Stepping forward, she curtsied yet again and forced a smile on her face, saying cheerfully and politely, "The pleasure is all mine, Prince Kairat." She paused, but her father's stare seemed to say to her, Be kinder. Say more. She sighed internally and said, "I hope we happen to get along."

King Hao frowned but seemed to be satisfied with her words, facing King Taras again. He cleared his throat and said forcefully, "Would you care to speak to my wife, Matilda? I am sure that she would be quite happy to speak to you. She did help plan this party with me for the enjoyment of our kingdom and yours."

Marguerite bit her tongue, knowing where this would lead. This was a hint that Hao was giving to Taras to leave Marguerite and Kairat by themselves to amuse each other. She felt a pressure banging against her with the thought of being alone with this male. With the great relationship between their two kingdoms, it felt as if there was an expectation for her to marry Kairat. How was she supposed to do that, though? She was quite certain that she would not be attracted to this prince. Perhaps she could speak to her siblings while being around the prince. That would certainly bring some stress off her shoulders into pleasing him.

"Ah, yes! I should thank her in person for such great care of the party. Actually, my wife asked me to bring her a gift she personally selected for her... You know how our wives are!" King Taras nodded, receiving the hint very well, Kairat could tell from his glance. He patted his shoulder with a bit more force than he should, and continues. "Why don't my son accompany your daughter? I am sure there are many esteemed guests that needs to be greeted and accompanied, and perhaps she can entertain him! What do you think, son?"

"That'd be my honor." Kairat showed his best smile, flashing it toward the princess as well. You can say that he is already experienced in such thing already, it won't be the first time he was asked to circle around the hall greeting the guests with the arranged partner, though it's another matter whether he enjoys it or not. "I'm looking forward in meeting Queen Matilda later this evening, at the dinner."

"Now with that settled... Lead the way, King Hao!" As the two kings break off from them, he could hear his father continuing to shower King Hao with genuine praises, "The dessert was an absolute delight! Oh, but don't get me started on...". His voices are soon drowned by the music and sounds of people around them, and suddenly he could feel the attention on them again.

"I suppose we should get started then. Many guests to meet and greet in this huge party-- Oh, not saying that in a negative way." While he has never met her before, he have heard about her: The perfect daughter, role-model princess, very polite, nothing but the good stuffs. Considering her honor student reputation, Kairat was just making sure that he did not accidentally offend her, so he added it quickly. "As the host of this party, would you like to take the lead?"

King Hao nodded appropriately at how well this was all flowing, raising his eyebrows slightly when Kairat expressed his desire to meet Queen Matilda. "Well, I am sure she is looking forward to meeting you as well. She has a feeling she may get to know you more." Hao's eyes went to Marguerite, giving her the message, Matilda better have the chance to get to know him more. Marguerite wasn't surprised by her father and mother's wanting him as a suitor: he was from the kingdom they wanted a high relationship with. King Hao rubbed his hands together, assenting to showing Tarras around, before leaving with him. Although Hao usually wasn't one to be won over with compliments, it was quite obvious he was pleased with them.

Marguerite looked towards Kairat when the kings left, being very careful as to not show her nervousness around him. Unlike her father, Marguerite has never really found herself bound into other kingdoms' vast history. She had known that the King and Queen of Vayrn had many children, however. This fact had always intrigued her, as Marguerite herself only had two siblings: Prince Cadby and Princess Aileen. When meeting and greeting everyone with Kairat, Marguerite had a plan to pull Cadby or Aileen into her adventure with this prince from another kingdom.

She smiled politely when Kairat made conversation, nodding slightly. "Yes, I would be honored to 'take the lead' here. Do not worry yourself, though, Prince Kairat. I would never take offense to that." She took a few steps forward, having her head slightly turned to the left to see if Kairat was following her before bumping into some very, very familiar.

"Marguerite! I can't find Cadby!" The chocolate-colored hair of this girl couldn't be mistaken. Aileen was right there. Her piercing, dark eyes seemed to burn into Marguerite's soul as her loud voice filled the air. "He's disappeared again! Probably hiding out in some corner away from the spotlight. Ugh, why does he have to be so... so..." Aileen stomped her foot to the ground to clarify her message before crossing her arms, giving out a puff of annoyance, and eying Kairat with curiosity and a sense of murder. Her words were clear and yet still seemed to have a growl in them. "Is that him? Your suitor? I expected more."

Marguerite felt the tip of her ears burn with embarrassment at her sister's behavior. Of course, Aileen had no hesitation when saying these things, but Marguerite always wondered what had caused her to be like this. Was it the neglect of their parents? The way she was raised? Marguerite found her smile widening as the nervousness seemed to be building inside her chest, turning towards Kairat. "Prince Kairat, I do humbly apologize for the interruption of my dear sister. I suppose you haven't met yet, though. This is Akhar's second child royal, Princess Aileen."

Aileen paused, glaring at Marguerite a little, before curtsying a little towards Kairat. Marguerite let out a little sigh of relief before saying to Aileen, "He's most likely just somewhere. Maybe across the castle. The guards will surely find him, though, dear sister, so do not fret."

Aileen narrowed her eyes as Marguerite before turning to Kairat, seeing what he would say about this situation. She seemed to stare at him with suspicion, as if she were putting him to a test right now. She seemed to be telling him that if he responded irrelevantly, she would not be the happiest girl in the world. Since there would be dinner later, that wouldn't end well for everyone. Marguerite stood by patiently, seeing what Aileen was doing and not interfering. This was what Aileen would always do with someone: test them for their reliability.

Kairat carefully studies Marguerite. She is as calm as a still water, something of rarity among all the potential partners he has met, or that is of her more lively younger sister. Perhaps such personality was the result of being born as a an heir, Kairat's oldest brother was similar in that way.

Kairat has heard about Marguerite's siblings, the fierce Aileen and the mellow Cadby, so it was described to him by his father. Aileen certainly left that impression, with her unkept hair and her ways with words. He refocused himself to the present, his smile spreading at the interaction between the two sisters, and let out a hearty laugh.

"Well, it is certainly a pleasure to meet you. In the contrary, I'm humbled that you expected more of me." Kairat bowed politely, showing that he clearly has no problem with what Aileen just said nor her personality. An expression of slight concern then shows on his face, as he asked, "Is there is something wrong with Prince Cadby? Is there is anything I could offer my help with? I understand that is he is the youngest, yes?"

Aileen raised her eyebrows dramatically at Kairat's laugh while Marguerite remained with her smile, although she felt like keeping a straight face. Marguerite herself would not laugh out loud if someone insulted herself like that, in fact, she would react the opposite. She would be offended largely, even if she wouldn't show it. How would this male happen to be joyful and take happiness out of it? Was he simply acting to please Aileen? Marguerite wouldn't blame him if he was, since she would and does do the same. Marguerite kept her thoughts to herself and her mouth shut as Aileen made a strange facial expression, clearly not expecting the sudden chuckle of Kairat. The past suitors of Marguerite would certainly not act this way, reacting in a sort of angry, out bursting manner. Aileen seemed to be inferring that Kairat would do the same, and had her prediction pointed out wrong. Aileen seemed to know this: and she didn't seem happy with the thought.

Aileen seemed to try to find anything to be offended about from Kairat, immediately making a face of disapproval after he made his comment about Cadby's disappearance. She made a clicking sound with her tongue, shaking her head, and said irritatedly, "Just because he's the youngest doesn't mean you have to immediately help! He's sixteen. He will be fine."

Marguerite made a fake worry on her face, giving the impression that she believed that Cadby would not be fine when she believed the opposite. It would most likely be inappropriate to react in a different manner in this situation, though, so Marguerite hid her internal feelings and said anxiously, "You should consult our father, Aileen, before making any comments on how he will be 'fine'. Cadby has disappeared, after all." This was Marguerite's solution to every problem that has come her way: go to the King, don't ask for her opinion. She couldn't decide on anything for these situations, anyways, and the King always had greater options than her own.

Aileen simply made a face of disbelief at Marguerite, not believing a thing she said, before facing Kairat again with a sense of control. She ordered him, "Since you want to help so much, Kairat, tell me if you see a tall, black-haired male who looks like he's going to cry. That would be Cadby. Of course, he could be crying instead of looking like he's going to." She muttered something about Cadby being a child before curtsying underneath her slim, white dress, walking off somewhere to find their brother. She was probably going to find him to chew him out about missing out on the important trade party.

The moment that Aileen left them, Marguerite relaxed her facial muscles to make the plain, empty expression that she usually owned. Her eyes that seemed to have expression in them earlier went back to their dull state, as she looked at Kairat again, giving another smile. She must entertain this prince while looking for a prince, and she didn't believe that she could do both. She thought for a moment, thinking of what her father would say to her, before telling Prince Kairat, "If you worry, I believe that the guards or my sister will find Prince Cadby. He knows he must show up to dinner to avoid the fury of Akhar's King and Queen, and he always does appear eventually. He tends to... panic in social events like this." She looked to Kairat for any signs of sympathy or understanding, but she did not believe that she would see any. Not many of her other suitors did, so why would he?

Last edited:
"I see. Apologize if I came across as treating him like a child. I'll keep an eye out, and I hope that they'll safely find him soon." Kairat bowed slightly to accompany his apology, offering a sympathetic smile to also show that he doesn't mind all the ruckus. He hopes that it will be enough to show that he truly did not mean it, and he sincerely doesn't. His third brother is also someone similar, a bit reserved and distant, and shy when it comes to public events or large crowds. That is why he imagined that it is perhaps something similar, though he does not think that he should bring out that comparison at the moment. "In any case, I do hope to meet him at dinner."

Before Kairat could continue, one of the guests around them stepped out of the watching crowd, a beautiful blonde with a cheshire smile Kairat knew all too well. "My, my, my, I finally got to see you!" She greeted, approaching Kairat with such casual friendliness that one could easily pick up that they are on good terms with one another. Kairat grinned, politely accepting her extended hand and gently kissing the back of her hand. The blonde giggles, and soon her eyes found Marguerite next to him. She politely bowed to show her respect. "It is an honor, Your Highnesses. To you both." Kairat wasted no time to introduce the two, out of politeness, "Princess, this is an acquaintance of mine from Varyn. Eleanor Castano, of the Castano Merchant Guild. She is the second oldest child of the current head.". Elanor bowed again at the mention of her name, and added after Kairat, "I am here today to represent the merchant guild, Princess. This new trading arrangement between the two kingdoms will bring great prosperity!"

Marguerite found herself largely doubting that Kairat was being sincere, although he certainly seemed that way. He could be like her: a faker. He could just be doing all this to maintain his high reputation with others and their kingdoms. Marguerite wouldn't blame him if he was doing that: she has done the same. She just couldn't find it in herself, however, that Kairat was really being truthful here. She picked up the hint that he wanted others to believe him, so to please him, she put on a relieved facial expression so that he may be more relaxed if he thought that Marguerite really believed him. She nodded at his comment for the dinner, biting her tongue at the thought of having both of her siblings at dinner with them. It was quite difficult to try to cover up Aileen's plain rudeness, and since Marguerite did not really believe that Kairat was sympathetic, she did not know what to do about her brother. It was going to be a chaotic evening with the speechless Cadby and the way too talkative Aileen, not to mention that King Hao might interrogate details about Kairat's status while eating.

Marguerite dull eyes stared off into the distance before making their way over to a blonde girl making their way over to them. She processed Kairat and the mystery girl being on friendly terms with each other before widening her eyes, taking a step backwards. All the training Marguerite had been through did not prepare herself for this moment: what to do when a beautiful girl enters your accompaniment. Marguerite couldn't help but stare at the girl, further tensing up her pasture, having her chest bubble up with jealousy when Kairat kissed the girl's hand. Oh, how Marguerite wished she could do that. It would be improper of her, though, to do such a thing. Instead of expressing her jealousy or doing anything in general, Marguerite simply stood there with a fake smile on her face. This fakeness and jealousy washed away from her body, however, when she heard the nice noise that came out of the girl's mouth: the giggle. Marguerite further stared upon the girl, her usual dull eyes having a little light in them.

Marguerite let out a small, "Oh!" when she got brought back to reality, having the girl bow down to them in all politeness. Marguerite, taken in surprise, gave a curtsy that was clumsier than her usual ones. She mustn't do that again, be taken by surprise. It only ended badly for Marguerite. While trying to regain her posture, she listened closely to Kairat who was introducing the girl, noting the information inside her head. Marguerite then smiled once again when the girl, whose name was Eleanor, started talking once more.

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you, Eleanor Castano of the Castano Merchant Guild." Marguerite's ears and cheeks turned slightly red before she said, "I am glad you yourself are here to represent your guild. I couldn't imagine anyone else here right now to represent them for this party." Marguerite widened her eyes at what she just said, biting her tongue before she could say anything more. That certainly wasn't what her father would call appropriate to say to someone else you have just met. What had gotten into her? Was she mesmerized by Eleanor's beauty? Marguerite quickly curtsied again to cover up what she had just said, trying to not have her face turn completely red, as she changed the topic, saying, "This trading is certainly a momentous occasion for us all. Do you happen to be enjoying the party so far? I do hope it fits your liking."

Kairat easily noticed how Marguerite seems to be much more friendlier with Eleanor, and seems more excited to talk with her, even. He understand her angle, though. The Castano Merchant Guild is one of the biggest in Varyn, with branch office scattered across the world, they have so many partners and a wide shipping routes.

Showing a good impression and building relationship with them won't hurt, especially with no guarantee what will happen at dinner tonight, and the trade deal between the kingdoms may not last forever. It impressed Kairat, Marguerite is clearly as clever as he heard, already showing a big different from his other suitors. Not that it's difficult to do.

"Ah, certainly! It's been a fabulous party, and just between us," Eleanor leaned toward Marguerite, pretending to whisper a secret. "Every time I visit Akhar I always felt like I rather stay! Such a pretty kingdom with beautiful people, and tasty food!"

"Aw, are you leaving me in Varyn? Who will be helping me think of the party plans then?" Kairat jested, earning another giggle off Eleanor, who playfully hit his chest. "If everything is working out, doesn't that mean I'll be helping you plan your party here?" The girl winked at Kairat, showing a full understanding on what is currently going on between them. Just great. "Who knows what will happen in the future, right?"

Marguerite had thought that she had pulled herself together again, but she was clearly mistaken. The moment the beautiful blond-haired girl leaned towards Marguerite; her face filled with a deeper shade of red than before. Did she simply believe that she could whisper near whoever she wished? Marguerite's usual blank face had been dominated with a bewildered expression, something she would not usually show in front of her usual male suitors. She nodded politely at the girl, although Marguerite finally caved in and avoided eye contact with her. If she were to stop acting this strangely and react with how her father wanted her to, she had to do it. She didn't think the girl would mind or notice very much, with Kairat here. Marguerite questioned one item that Eleanor had said, however: something about beautiful people in Akhar. Had the girl not seen herself? If people who looked like her came from Vayrn, they would have much prettier people than anyone in Akhar.

Marguerite seemed to have the impending situation come back to her when she listened to Kairat and Eleanor's conversation, how they were referring to Marguerite and Kairat's match. Although Marguerite felt disappointed inside her, she used this opportunity to go back to her original professional look. She straightened her back and maintained a blank expression, although she refused to look the girl in the eyes again. She would most likely be caught not acting as she normally would if she did. She simply looked at Kairat, since there was no one else to look at without looking suspicious.

Marguerite smiled at Kairat and at Eleanor's feet, saying, "Yes, the future may be unpredictable now. As my father always has said, though, 'Always look towards the present.' We should take this opportunity now to celebrate instead of contemplating on future memories." Marguerite got a sudden urge to add, The only thing I would like to think of in the future is meeting with you again, Eleanor, but she pushed the thinking down. She frowned madly at herself before looking towards Kairat, wanting to escape the thoughts inside her, asking him, "Pardon me for asking, but you plan parties?" She wanted to ask how Eleanor and Kairat could be so friendly with each other, hitting each other playfully and such, but the words never came out, forever staying unanswered and inside Marguerite's head.

Okay, now... Kairat was not sure if he is seeing it correctly but did... Marguerite just blush? A crack on her cool exterior, one that happens for a short moment until it's patched again, like a magical barrier. It's especially become more apparent to Kairat with the hot and cold treatment he senses from her, now back with the cold setting towards him. Or rather, it has always been the cold for him.

Could it be that... she hates him? Or maybe she just doesn't like being told to marry a guy she just met. Well, that makes the two of them, though Kairat has his own reason, and can't exactly say, "Hey, don't worry I don't like this whole arranged marriage either" right in front of these many esteemed guests and their own parents. Nevertheless, he should continue to entertain her and as long as he played it cool too, they both can end it nicely after dinner, just another failed arrangement.

"Yes. Eleanor and I held the best parties in Varyn, if I may say so myself." Kairat flashes a grin at Eleanor, who grinned back. "We've been partying together since teens, not just the formal kind like this, sometimes it's much... wilder, filled with... youth."

"It would be our pleasure if you could come and join us one day," Eleanor invited, though Kairat felt it's just for politeness. Marguerite doesn't seem like the one for parties like the one they held, if anything, she seems like the kind of person who would click her tongue and lecture them on why drinking three bottles of wine in one go is a bad idea. "Perhaps one of our hunting parties? I think it will be a good starter."

Marguerite raised her eyebrows slightly when Kairat described the parties that he and Eleanor would throw as wild and youthful. That had definitely not been something Marguerite had been used to or had ever attended. The wildest parties that Marguerite has attended were formal parties, such as the one they were at right now. She silently wondered how Kairat and Eleanor could do these types of parties. They did seem nicely polite as well. Marguerite had always heard that these types of parties were reckless and filled with bad ideas, yet the people who come out of them seem perfectly fine. What was it like being in a party like that? What sort of things happened there? Marguerite had always wondered these things, but she knew that she would never know. She wouldn't fit in for one, and she wouldn't be allowed to attend one in the first place.

She smiled politely at Eleanor's feet when she invited Marguerite to parties of theirs, as Marguerite shook her head slightly. Marguerite did not know if Eleanor had even meant that or not, wanting Marguerite to go to parties of theirs. Anyone who had spent fifteen seconds with Marguerite would know that she wasn't exactly the one to go all out with. After a moment of thinking of Eleanor's invite, Marguerite slightly shook her head and said plainly, "Oh, thank you for the generous invite, but..." Marguerite's eyes drifted over to where King Hao was, where he could be seen conversing with King Taras and their wives. Her father would definitely want her to say no to these types of invitations. It would affect her character and reputation if others found out that the 'perfect' princess went to a certain type of party where they would drink numerous amounts of wine bottles. Marguerite had never done that, and her father did not want that for her anytime soon.

She quietly cleared her throat before continuing, "...but I do not think I am the type of person to go to those. I am not exactly the carefree type, as you may possibly tell." She motioned to herself as if making a statement, but added swiftly, "Your invitation is heavily appreciated, though, so I thank you again."

Marguerite then looked at Kairat, seeing if he had anything else to say to Eleanor. If Marguerite was being obvious, she was getting quite desperate to get away from Eleanor. Marguerite plans and recites what she would say and react to be the most elegant she can be to others, but nowhere has she seen someone as beautiful as Eleanor. If Marguerite were to keep composed, she would have to be away from girls like her. Of course, that would all depend on if Kairat was ready to leave. With this thought, she patiently waited for something, anything to go in her favor.

Well, that turned out to be more awkward than what he expected going to be. Kairat is just hoping that both she did not think of him or Eleanor in some weird strange ways, or worse, ratted him to her father. It might affect the future diplomacy of the two kingdoms, if King Hao found such "youthful party" to be distasteful, and will earn the prince an earful from his father. He shared a look with Eleanor, a silent understanding that they should just bail out before it gets worse. "Anyway! It's been nice meeting the two of you," Eleanor was the first to act, politely bowing toward the two royals. "As much as I would like to chat, I understand that I should not hog all your time when there are so many other guests to entertain. I, myself, will enjoy this party to the fullest. It's an honor to be one of the guests."

With one last bow, Eleanor retreated back into the crowd, and soon disappear amongst the many other guests. All the while, person after person are taking her place, eager to introduce themselves to the two. Kairat did not recognize most of them, but from the clothing they wear, he assumed that they are Akharians. Nobles, merchants, other people of influence, all so curious to measure him up themselves. He's no stranger to such custom, this tends to happen most of the time during an arrangement, like throwing him into a pool of sharks and letting them poke and take a bite to learn who he is. Putting up his people-pleasing smile, Kairat politely greets each one, patiently listening to their introductions and boring chit-chat, all to leave a good impression.

Marguerite tilted her head in curiosity when Eleanor quickly dispersed herself from them after Marguerite turned down her party invite. Was Eleanor somehow offended about how Marguerite wasn't fit for her parties? Her curiosity quickly bubbled into an on growing annoyance that threatened to spill out of Marguerite, although she did a good job to keep it contained. If what Marguerite was thinking was the real reason why Eleanor left them, then this beautiful girl was no different than her past suitors. Marguerite should have known better, not to judge someone before truly knowing what they are like. All the times that King Hao had warned Marguerite to not let her guard down, and where does it lead her? Her father did always know best and would always have better judgments than anything Marguerite could think of. She let out a small exhale of all the disappointment and anger that she had against herself before opening her mouth, about to say something, but interrupted by someone who eagerly came to introduce themselves.

She placed a smile on her face again, introducing and making small idle talk with the person before they went back into the crowd, immediately being replaced with somebody else. She felt relieved when she somewhat knew most of the people who came up to them and spoke to them, as her father had always drilled into her head knowledge of all her acquaintances, nobles, merchants, and more. King Hao had standards: he would always tell her information about everyone except potential suitors. She easily named those who she had met before, curtsying and keeping the conversation going. Kairat seemed to just patiently listen to all of them, which was understandable. These were people of Akhar: they would know Marguerite better than Kairat, which would most likely lead them to feeling more comfortable to speak.

With this endless line of people waiting for appreciation, Marguerite did not expect it when a man around her age suddenly appeared in front of her, bowing dramatically with an infectious grin on his face. When he spoke, the unusual accent in his voice could be easily detected, with a hint of mischief in there. "Well, hello, princess! It's mighty fine to see you again!" The male's eyes landed on Kairat in a heartbeat, and he didn't hesitate to add, "And it certainly makes my day to meet you, beloved prince!" Like the one he did before, the male bowed dramatically again, but had it directed towards Kairat.

Marguerite couldn't help but frown at the male's appearance. Although it was always like this, Marguerite would always see the details that were on him. His bright hazel eyes were jolted open, as if he were afraid to blink. There were certainly large bags under his eyes as well, which didn't surprise Marguerite at all, as he would always stay up late doing work for her father. His pistachio brown hair seemed to be messy, even though it was tucked inside a neat bun, and his cheeks flushed as though he had just been running for the past hour. Marguerite quickly twisted her facial expression back into a smile when catching herself frown, however, and said fluidly back, "It's always a pleasure to see you, too. Oh!"

Marguerite looked at Kairat, knowing that she must introduce the two as Kairat had done before with Eleanor. Silently clearing her throat, she raised her arm towards the brown-haired male and said, "Pardon me for my manners. Kairat of the Vayrn Kingdom, this is Elijah Haynes of Akhar. He happens to work for my father, King Hao, and work in an Akhar church as an advisor. He also happens to be close with my siblings."

The male motioned to himself, like Marguerite had done before, although he was doing it much more animated. Grinning much more wildly than before, he pointed to himself and said, "You got that right, miss! In fact, Elijah Haynes here happens to be trying to find Cadby Adelaide. I have been looking for him for an awful while, but I assumed that it would be mighty impolite of me to ignore a pretty miss like you!" Elijah looked at Kairat as well, having the smile still remain on him. "And, of course, a handsome mister like you! Par say, may I ask about things about you? It is my job from being a family friend to be protective of our dear Marguerite here." Elijah winked at Marguerite after saying that.

Marguerite felt embarrassed about his word choices and his actions in general, immediately thinking about how Elijah referred to Kairat as a “handsome mister”. It was true that he also called that to Marguerite, but it was an entirely different matter calling a stranger, who happened to be a prince, handsome. Why must all these people attempt to give bad first impressions to Kairat? First Aileen, and now Elijah? How come she got all these sorts of people to be introduced to Kairat? Hopefully he wouldn't think that everyone in Akhar was like this: rude and/or crazy. She didn't think Kairat would be affected by Elijah too much, though: he did say how he went to youthful parties. Those types of events must have people like Elijah... at least, she hoped. She had never been to that type of party herself, so she could not say so herself.

The newcomer came in like a whirlwind, a charming man with a lively personality and a kind of adorable look that reminded him of a friendly golden retriever. While Elijah is not exactly Kairat's type, he can't deny that he finds him cute, his eyes widen in alert as he soaks in his attractive looks. A more tender, genuine smile blooms on his bright face as if his whole attention is now dedicated within their sphere alone. And apparently, he works in a church? Interesting, considering all the priests he met until then are either old and boring or young and also boring. He is also very... free with his choice of words, which become another thing that piqued his interest.

Still, he needs to watch himself. He is in a foreign land hosted by an important trade partner, that depending on the crown princess next to him may or may not become something even more than that. He's not at his own party, he is merely a guest here, though he couldn't resist grinning at the mention of 'handsome mister'. Cute, though Kairat is more than aware that he is just being playful with him it still feels flattering to be told so. "Well, this handsome guy is ready to answer some questions." He jest, eyes looking straight at Elijah-- Oh, look at those eyes! Pretty as a pearl. "... I'll try to answer it the best I can".

Marguerite had expected a reaction from Kairat at how Elijah was acting right now but was surprised when she saw how... pleased Kairat was. She knew something was different about him, since he had a different vibe when reacting to Elijah than he did with any of the other guests they had met. Marguerite had to admit to herself that Kairat didn't really seem to be into greeting the other guests, but now, Kairat had given Elijah his full attention. Was Kairat just grateful to have someone more exciting to meet? Elijah was more animated than most of the guests they had met, and it seemed like Kairat was amused at all the ones who were not formal to him. Marguerite suddenly got filled up with a sense of hope, although she didn't show it on her face. If Kairat was amused with these, maybe him meeting Aileen and Elijah was not a mistake! Maybe if he meets more people like them, he would be more pleased, and Marguerite would have done her job right for amusing him! She thought it was strange for Kairat to be happy with these kinds of people, as Marguerite herself would not know how to interact with them but decided not to say this thought out loud. Now that Kairat was being entertained, the last thing she needed to do was offend him.

Elijah placed his hand over his mouth lightly, acting as if he were flattered, and said happily, "My, what a mighty gentleman you are, willing to answer my questions! Marguerite, dear, I think you have yourself a keeper!" He raised his eyebrows at Marguerite playfully, leaving Marguerite to have her blank face before saying, "You are already mighty more superior than our princess's past suitors, dear Kairat! The last one had heavily disapproved of the way I am, saying how I was 'too unprofessional for our church'." He pouted his face like a child, crossing his arms from the memory. "I mean, we spread love at church! Apparently, my compliments and lovely jokes give the wrong idea! It just happens to be my love language, though!" His very brief moment of annoyance quickly passed over quickly, making it seem like it was never there, as he got the look of mischief in his eyes again, him grinning at Kairat. "Alright, 'handsome guy'. My first question is about what I just spoke about. Do you approve of me, Elijah Haynes of the Akhar Kingdom?"

Marguerite couldn't help but shake her head slightly at Elijah's antics, thinking about how childish he was being. After saying that he would be asking questions about Marguerite, he seemed to swerve the question to himself. He most likely did this jokingly, but Marguerite always seemed to be surprised about how Elijah never hesitated to say these types of things. Even with Elijah's past, he had always seemed freer than her. He had the option to be childish, while all Marguerite could do was try to act mature in hopes of pleasing others. Even with his personality and immaturity, he somehow landed a job under her father and as a priest advisor. She had always wondered how he managed to do all this while maintaining freedom, but she had never asked, always surveilling him from the background.

There is something very pleasing from watching Elijah speak, though Kairat couldn't tell if it is because of his overflowing sense of confidence or how chatty he is, and just like Eleanor they are both like a breeze of refreshing wind in a stiff and normal party like this. He noticed how quiet Marguerite is, reminding him of how an owl would silently observe its surrounding before hunting its prey. He is not exactly a "prey" per se, but he fully understood that the princess is surely watching how he is conducting himself around her close peers, perhaps even more when dealing with someone as unusual as Elijah. He wondered how the other princes before him reacted upon their first meeting with him, but Kairat somehow had an idea of it. Well, it's their loss. The prince of Akhar let out a chuckle when he heard the question, one to hide his slight fluster. He looked at him from head to toe, humming in approval, and followed, "Well, you are not exactly my type of people, more because I never met any priests like you before, but perhaps we could be better friends from now."

Oops. His choice of words... was that too direct? No, Kairat pretty sure it was not. That word can be interpreted in many ways, after all.

Elijah beamed when he saw Kairat laughing, obviously having that as his objective here. Marguerite knew that Elijah's church's goal was to spread love and kindness to others, and Marguerite had always thought the way that Elijah had spreaded this was interesting. He had always expressed his love to others by complimenting and making them laugh, which Marguerite had always dreamed of doing. Her compliments to others were never as sincere as Elijah's, and she could never make a funny joke for the life of her. Did Elijah just have that much more of a life? Was Marguerite missing something in her life that Elijah had, leaving her to be like this? Was it as simple as Marguerite being royalty and Elijah not, or was it more?

Marguerite looked at Kairat examining Elijah, seeing how he would react. The glints of suspicion in her eyes glimmered brighter when she heard the comment Kairat made, apparently wanting to be 'better friends' with Elijah. She had heard that phrase many times before from past males and suitors, and she got the hint every time. Whenever someone made a comment like that, it had usually not ended up very well. What do you want, Kairat Medetov? Margeurite thought, silently staring at Kairat and Elijah. Did Kairat want to use Elijah's friendship as an object for a better relationship with her father? Elijah and King Hao did have a splendid relationship, and if Kairat became friends with Elijah, it may bring more approval from King Hao. Did Kairat think that because of Elijah's silly and outgoing attitude that he would let people use him? Even though he had this appearance, he was certainly smarter than he let on. Elijah was a priest advisor and someone under the King, and he has kept these positions for a while.

Elijah still smiled, obviously not having the thoughts Marguerite were having, and said cheerfully, "My, I would love that, dear Kairat! You are one of a kind, so I would be mightily honored to be your dear friend!" Elijah's eyes then moved between Marguerite and Kairat, as if examining them together, before adding, "I do have a heavy feeling that we would get to know each other more if you two get to marrying, though." His eyes landed on Kairat again and his smile dimmed slightly, saying, "It would be quite a shame, though, if you two dears do not marry. I have taken quite a liking to you, Prince Kairat. You may be one of the few I would approve thus far to marry dear Marguerite here." He let out a laugh, having his smile brighten up again as he joked, "My, I sound so gullible! I already trust you even though I have just met the lovely you. Maybe-"

Marguerite tapped Elijah's shoulders, leading him to stop in the middle of his sentence. Marguerite knew that it was incredibly rude to interrupt others, but she felt as though her father would wish for her to do this. When she got Elijah's attention off of Kairat, she silently motioned to King Hao, who was watching the group at the moment from a great distance away. Elijah did say how he was looking for Cadby, and he was most likely ordered to do this by King Hao. The last thing the king wanted was for Elijah to make more idle talk than needed, since he had a job to do. Elijah noticed the King, quickly bowed to him, and turned to Kairat, smiling sheepishly.

"I am deeply apologetic for cutting our discussion short, dear Kairat. I do happen to enjoy talking to you, and I have not finished asking my questions to you." Elijah let out a deep, dramatic sigh, as if he actually cared that he was being separated like this. The frown that dominated his face reminded Marguerite of the frowns that were on Cadby's face sometimes: sad. After a moment, though, Elijah perked up again, saying excitedly, "Perhaps we should meet again, dear Kairat? If we do find our beloved Cadby, we could talk again! Or perhaps after your dinner? I do not know if you would be free, though..." He tapped his foot in thought, having the facial expression of pure thinking. Elijah seemed as though he was trying to solve the world's problems, even though he was just thinking of a way to talk to Kairat again.

The mention of marriage soured Kairat's mood, but he doesn't let it show. He has forgotten about until Elijah brought it up again, while all he wished was to simply to make friends, must it always be associated with another political gesture? His trail of thoughts was cut when Marguerite tapped the young priest's shoulder, her first interaction with them after watching for a while, and he couldn't help but to look toward the same vague direction she motioned at... only to see King Hao watching the three of them. If Marguerite is an owl, then he is like a hawk. Guess the apple didn't fall far from the tree...

Whatever that means, Elijah suddenly decided that he must go. Perhaps that was King Hao's look of disapproval, Kairat made sure to note that down in his mind, though it was a bit difficult when he was so focused at Elijah's sad puppy look. Gosh, he wished he could pat his head and ruffle it a bit. "Though I don't know when exactly when, I look forward to meeting you again." He answered in a neutral way, making no promises that he might not be able to keep. If thus thing with Marguerite doesn't work, tomorrow they are probably going to be on a ship back home anyway. Kairat then extended his hand for a friendly handshake just like he offered all the other guests. He could swore there was a flash of disappointment showing on Elijah's face when he accepted, but perhaps he was just imagining things.

Other guests lined up one after another after him, presenting themselves before the two, and even for Kairat it is getting too exhausting. But then thankfully, a servant approaches and politely informed them that it is time for dinner. That indicates the end of the party, as guests will start leaving once the royal hosts attend their private dinner, though for the two of them the night is still long. "Shall we go, then?" Kairat turned at Marguerite, making sure to get her approval to leave the party. "Our family must be waiting for us already."

Elijah flashed a brief look of disappointment and sadness at Kairat's comment and extension of hand, although Marguerite was not sure why, but quickly rebound back with a grin. "Why, of course, Prince Kairat! I am mightily looking forward to meeting with you again as well!" He accepted Kairat's handshake with both hands before bowing to them both, walking over to King Hao. Elijah had done many strange things in the past, but Marguerite had never seen him disappointed like that before. She was sure that Kairat had not insulted him somehow, for Elijah would never get insulted by anything Kairat had said to him, and Elijah wasn't necessarily in a bad mood to cloud his judgment, so what had happened?

Marguerite immediately snapped herself out of her thoughts when more guests came up to them one after another, smiling and making idle chattering with them. Marguerite smiled back, trying her best to try to please all the ones who came up to them. King Hao had been training Marguerite to not appear bored or exhausted in front of many extinguished guests, and Marguerite found herself using these lessons when the line of guests never seemed to be ending. Kairat, however, seemed to be tiring quickly from the amounts of small social gatherings with everyone. Would a guest notice this? Would they become offended with both of them? Marguerite kept a straight face, but she now had a gnawing feeling of getting potential disappointment from her father.

Just in time, a servant came up quickly and quietly, mentioning to them that the dinner for them was ready. The servant seemed to give Marguerite a quick glance and nod before bowing and waiting for the two to come to the dining hall. Marguerite knew what this immediately meant: Cadby was found and ready for the dinner of the two families. Marguerite gave a quiet sigh of relief, relaxing her shoulders from any hidden stress that was inside her. Even though she knew that Cadby would be found, she still had the ongoing anxiousness from a worse-case scenario happening.

She nodded at Kairat's invitation to get going, saying calmly and quietly, "Of course. Let us go, Prince Kairat, and not let our families wait any longer." When she said 'not let our families wait any longer,' she gave a hidden meaning to Kairat. She had no intention of marrying the man, and she had hoped that he had felt the same way as well. If he did, he would have immediately understood the meaning of her text.

The servant nodded politely when knowing that Kairat and Marguerite were both ready for dinner, raising one of their arms forwards and saying, "Follow me, then, Prince Kairat and Princess Marguerite."

The servant walked forward, leading Marguerite and Kairat to the large dining hall of the Akhar kingdom. The dining hall seemed to be relatively close to the hall that Kairat and Marguerite had just met in, both connected with a hallway. After a few moments of walking, servants opened the wooden doors connecting to the room where they would dine in. This was it. After this dinner, they would have to decide whether Marguerite and Kairat would marry or not. She was sure that they would not, but anything could happen. With this thought in her mind, she stepped to the side slightly and bowed her head to Kairat. "After you, Prince Kairat."

Kairat didn't show it, but he was impressed with how Marguerite seems to be holding pretty well in a social situation such as this one, as she doesn't seem to be that chatty (or as chatty as he is). Perhaps it is some kind of class or training she received as an heir, maybe it's a royal heir thing, while Kairat only has his lively personality to rely on. When he put it on that perspective, he couldn't help but think that they are both might not be a good match. He thought that he does not have what it takes to be a king, something he only realized now that the possibility become more realistic, with Marguerite being the first royal heir Kairat was paired off with.

Being deep in his own thoughts, Kairat did not catch the message Marguerite was trying to say and only quietly nodded. He shook hand with the pair of noble he was talking with and followed the servant who leads them out of the crowded room, toward the dining hall the strikes him as being fancier than the ballroom. But he has no time to appreciate the art and design of the place, as there are other things that required his full attention, such as the royals who are already seated and waiting for them. Marguerite bowing and letting him enter first surprised him, but perhaps that is how the custom is like in Akhar, and he slightly bowed at her in a polite manner and stepped in first.

King Hao was seated at the end of the table, a seat that allows him to oversee his family and his guests who are seated on both sides of the table. On King Hao's right, are seated the royal family of Akhar. The first seat on the right was occupied by a graceful older lady who looked physically similar to Marguerite as if she was just simply an older version of her, that he guessed must be the Queen. To her right was an empty seat, that must be reserved for the crown princess, Marguerite. Next to her seat was Aileen, and Kairat could swear that her hair is a bit neater than before, perhaps the Queen asked some maid to comb it for the dinner? Then last, a young boy who tried so hard to make himself small, his head down though Kairat caught him stealing a glance before retreating his gaze again. This must be Marguerite's youngest brother... uh, Carby? Cadby? Cadby.

On King Hao's left was King Taras, smiling oh so widely towards him, and Kairat easily guessed that he was supposed to seat next to him. Not wanting to make everyone wait any longer, Kairat quickly made his way into his seat, right across Marguerite's. Ah, right. Talking about their impression on each other and the whole arrangement will the main menu of dinner, then.

Marguerite quickly stepped in after Kairat, having the servant close the doors behind them. Well, this was it. The time Marguerite and Kairat had to report to their families about how their relationship was. If they would agree to get married. Marguerite did not know how this would end, but it was all she could do now to hope. She slightly curtsied when entering the room, as all of her and Kairat's family members were watching them. They were, of course, the reason why they were gathered here, anticipating information, so it was only natural that their families were watching their every movement. Marguerite then swiftly sat down in the seat that was next to Queen Matilda, who was currently staring at Cadby, as if seeing what he would do next.

Cadby. Marguerite's gaze went over to him, and he seemed to try to shrink himself from any attention. Poor boy. Usually in family dinners, Cadby would sit there quietly and listen to everyone nicely, but he seemed to be physically and mentally uncomfortable now. Cadby seemed to notice Marguerite staring at him and shrunk himself further, although this didn't seem to have any effect. They were a tall family, after all. Shrinking themselves down didn't seem to do anything to them.

King Hao seemed to be displeased with Cadby's behavior, though, and shot him a look full of disappointment that could give the meaning, "Get your act together." Cadby immediately looked at his father, strained himself, and then straightened his back to have a more royal-like. If you looked closely enough, though, you could see the boy's legs shaking from nervousness. King Hao overlooked this fact, though, thinking this was satisfactory, and nodding in approval. "Good, Cadby. Now, then. Shall we begin the meal, my wife?"

The Queen simply nodded, and the servants in the hall immediately dashed away to get the meal for them. Marguerite had already believed she knew the meal order, as it had always followed the same schedule as other pairings she had experienced before. Usually, it started with small fruit servings that were popular in the other kingdom. Then, large servings of cabbage and lettuce and other vegetables in pairings came for them, followed by a famous meat from the other kingdom. Then came the heavy meats, which were usually pork, as those were easy to attain for the Akhar kingdom. Finally came a famous dessert from the visiting kingdom. If they did not have any, they would just end right then. Marguerite knew all this because King Hao had told his objective before, how he wanted to get the other kingdom's approval by showing that they respected their customs and foods.

As this food was getting ready, King Hao seemed to get this objective to ask about how things were going between Marguerite and Kairat. "Prince Kairat. Has your visit been well? How has Marguerite treated you? Appropriate, I suppose?"

"Oh, Father," Aileen spoke up, patting down her hair. Their mother must have told Aileen to fix her hair, leading it to be brushed and Aileen straightening it out further. "Marguerite always treats others correctly. That's all she knows how to do with her life."

"Aileen," Queen Matilda said, having a hint of a warning tone in her voice, "Do not be unkind. We have guests." She smiled warmly at Kairat and King Taras after saying this, saying more quietly, "We don't want to leave a bad impression now, do we?"

"But I'm right!" Aileen frowned deeply, now looking at Cadby, "Aren't I right, Cadby? You know Marguerite better than others. I'm correct, aren't I?"

Cadby made a small jump in his seat, looking at Aileen in dread, as if he were expecting not to get called out like that. He was obviously not expecting to suddenly be brought into the conversation, especially by his own sister. He looked at his family with wide eyes, although purposely avoiding eye contact with the Medetov family, before looking at the plate in front of him again, "U-um...I... I don't know..."

Before Aileen could speak again, though, King Hao shot her the same look of disappointment as he gave earlier with Cadby. She immediately shut her mouth and, like Cadby, thought her plate now looked incredibly interesting. This would explain to Kairat as to why King Hao's position in the table seemed to overlook everything. He needed to, or else everything would erupt into chaos. Now that everything had calmed down, though, he looked at Kairat again, awaiting his answer to the question.

Last edited:
The food looked delicious, but Kairat wasn't sure about it, he can't really enjoy it when he could tell that the attention of almost everyone in the room was directed at him and his father. When his glass of water (he requested it) is half empty, a servant would quickly filled it in again. When he finished with his plate, a servant would quickly swoops in to take it away, and soon replacing it with another one. It's so tense, and so quiet, the only person chattering are pretty much just the adults.

When they reach the dessert, Kairat knew that it's coming to an end, one way or the other. His guess was proved right with how King Hao suddenly asked him questions out of the blue, but a tiny family drama happened before he could say his answer. He shared a glance with his father, the two of them wisely decided to stay quiet and politely watch. The family dynamic seems rather explosive, wilder than anything Kairat has ever seen for sure, though he was sure that most of those families hide it behind a facade instead. In a way, he appreciated their honesty.

But then the spotlight was returned above him, eyes studying his expression and moves, waiting for his answer. Thankfully, the same family drama gave him a bit of a thinking time. He softly smiled, eyes switching between King Hao and Marguerite as he answered, "Yes. It has been wonderful. Princess Marguerite was an amazing host, and introduced me to many welcoming Akharians in the kingdom--"

"So, you found her agreeable? For marriagen, I mean." Aileen cuts into the conversation, shushed by Queen Maltida who sent a disapproving glare toward her direction. It shuts her up, but the question has already been asked, and it is the same question everyone eventually will be asking anyway: Do you accept the arrangement?

Kairat stayed quiet, his eyes shot toward Marguerite. Thanks to Aileen, he found it difficult to decline Marguerite right away, as it might seem rude. He can't exactly answer yes too, when he doesn't really has the desire to marry, and answering so would lock them into a marriage neither of them wanted. A spark of idea appeared in his mind then, and so Kairat proposed: "May I discuss the matter with Marguerite in private? We had little time to be together today, spending most of our moment to entertain guest after guest. An hour or two to chat would surely help us to learn of one another better, and find and agreeable decision to the question."

Marguerite had expected the family drama, as unfortunately, it always happened when Aileen was around. She simply silently ate the plates of food delivered to them, being quite calm about the events happening around them. When her father and mother started shooting looks around the table, Marguerite simply sat there, not drawing attention to herself like Aileen nor trying to hide from the spotlight like Cadby. It was like Marguerite was in the middle between Aileen and Cadby's personalities, although she was mostly like this because of her maturity.

She did look up at Kairat, though, when he was answering the question of King Hao. Her body filled with relief when she heard his opinion of her- or rather, fake opinion that he was forced to say to please them all. Still, King Hao shot her an approving look that Marguerite couldn't help but feed off of. She nodded at Kairat's statement, waiting for him to continue before Aileen interrupted... again.

Marguerite didn't show it, but annoyance bubbled inside her when her sister brought up marriage. Oh, how in that quick moment she brought the topic of the situation back to them. Marguerite would shoot a look to Aileen herself, but her mother beat her to it. Like mother, like daughter. At least Aileen stopped talking, but based on the vibe of the room now, everyone knew what Aileen was going with that.

Marguerite caught Kairat's eyes, and although her face showed no expression, it was as if she were begging for him to decline the marriage. Marguerite cannot decline the marriage herself, as King Hao would be disappointed in her, so she had to rely on her suitors to reject her. Luckily, every single male that she was suited with was not interested in her, and she was confident Kairat didn't either.

She raised her eyebrows at Kairat's suggestion, but quickly nodded in agreement afterwards to show her agreement to the idea. Perhaps he wanted both of them to deny their marriage together? King Hao and Queen Matilda gave a quick look of agreement, which led the King to give a nod, giving a servant another look. Just sitting in a room with Marguerite's father hinted that his main form of ordering others came from looks, and everyone had to know what these looks meant.

The servant nearby quickly bowed to the king, and then bowed to Marguerite and Kairat. "Please follow me, Princess Marguerite and Prince Kairat. I shall escort you to a private room for your discussion."

Usually, they would all be dismissed the moment the Queen would stand up and be done with the meal, but this was a special occasion. Marguerite stood up elegantly, curtsying to her family in formality before following the servant. After Kairat stood up, the servant then opened the doors out of the dining hall and lead them through many elaborate hallways. Eventually, the servant opened a double wooden door, and bowed to both of them politely to cue that they would go inside here. "One hour."

Marguerite nodded politely and stepped aside to let Kairat into the room, as she had done before. The room was quite small, and in the center was a low, wooden table. There seemed to be cushions as seats, and this could be guessed that this was from King Hao's traditions, as it was irregular in the Akhar kingdom. The room gave a "teatime" vibe if you looked at it a certain way. Marguerite put her arm out, saying dully, "After you, Prince Kairat."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back