Other A chat for my fellow goths and emo`s

It isn't a nice experience, is it? They tell me that I look like a lunatic, but I don't wear the makeup that I might have, my hair isn't dyed, I have no piercings, tattoos or weird jewellery that I would have worn.

It isn't a nice experience, is it? They tell me that I look like a lunatic, but I don't wear the makeup that I might have, my hair isn't dyed, I have no piercings, tattoos or weird jewellery that I would have worn.
My mom just had an issue with black in general. I had maybe one black dress for the longest time only cuz I used it for a funeral. Most my clothes was... girly... and I hated it... so I started complaining a lot to get my way, after so long of complaining and annoying the crap out of my mom I finally got more clothes I wanted. But she still didn't let me do the make up. And most my black clothes had patterns or something that ruined the look. She still d oesnt approve. One time I wore a choker collar with spikes in front of her and she said I look like a dog, and that someone should lead me.

If I had a boyfriend I would have said something snappy like "I do have someone and it's *insert boyfriend's name* and it's hot" but I didn't have anyone so it just insulted me more. So I was pissed off.

It's alright. I live with my dad now and I can dress how ever I want. Slowly but surely my wardrobe is coming along.

Hello, fellow goth for some years now. I don't care so much about dark clothes and make up, since its so much more then: "hurhur look at me, look how dark and spoopy I am.", its literally all about the music and thats it. Goths are called goths, because they listen to goth rock. The end. Theres nothing special what makes someone goth, really. Listen to the music and you're in <3 Honestly, I actually look pretty much normal but been listening to the music for a long long time now.

Last edited:
Hello, fellow goth for some years now. I don't care so much about dark clothes and make up, since its so much more then: "hurhur look at me, look how dark and spoopy I am.", its literally all about the music and thats it. Goths are called goths, because they listen to goth rock. The end. Theres nothing special what makes someone goth, really. Listen to the music and you're in <3 Honestly, I actually look pretty much normal but been listening to the music for a long long time now.
That’s not really the case for everyone. And being goth is so much more than listening to the music aswel. Because there’s plenty none goths who listen to the music. Not everything is the same for every person. For me being goth is not just music or fashion. It’s a life style! Which means for me I hafto do every aspect of goth. I’ve even explored some different goth types like pastel goth! Or royal goth! Or punk goth! I shaved half my head for punk goth.

I’ve eaten some crazy looking foods. A burger with a black bun! Black ice cream!

I’ve decorated my room in nothing but creepy things year round! Tho now I have more anime things.

I’ve been looking into the annual goth fest for this year!

I’ve redone my entire wardrobe to nothing but red and black!

While not everyone is as extreme as me and some minimalist to goth. It’s all about preference.

Because there’s plenty none goths who listen to the music
You don't have to call yourself goth, if you don't want to.

Yeah no, it really is just the music, thats how everything started. If you want to see more into it, hey thats on you and you're decision only. You don't even have to dress that way if its not your style. If you like it, cool, but its really not a must have to call yourself goth. But you do you, I guess. If you feel good like this and want to take it to extreme length, hell do what feels good for ya. Course' its about preference. Just don't think you HAVE to do this to be seen as goth or to be accepted by other goths. We'll also accept you, if you just like the music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back