[Insert Clever Line Here]
Who is Grave ~ Besides Someone With A Questionable Night Job?
I’m Grave, 25, nice to meet you. I’m a gamer, of both the video and tabletop kind, with a love of RPGs. When I roll dice, I roll hot garbage, and still have loads of fun. I have a cat, who’s as spoiled as the gods of misfortune hovering over my tabletop games. And I also have a budding functional sword collection — mostly Japanese katana, tachi, and wakizashi / ko-katana — alongside a brand new set of samurai armor. Needless to say, I’m a geek and nerd, with a love for history, and searching for some roleplay partners!
Before I dive into what you folks are really here for, let me just lay out what you can expect from me, as a writer, and what I’m asking for in return:
- As I’m over 18, I’m really only comfortable writing with others 18 or over.
- I consider myself an advanced/detailed writer. My posts range from a minimum of three paragraphs to six or over, depending on the scene and number of characters involved. I value quality over quantity, always.
- Communication is valued! I like to be friends with my writing buddies, and I also find it helps the RP flow smoothly.
- I promise a post a week. I will try for more, at least a few, but some weeks I might miss that target. I appreciate a patient partner, and will extend the same courtesy.
- I’m a female who enjoys writing male main characters, but will write side characters of any gender. When it comes to romance, I enjoy it when it develops naturally, and am open to any and all pairings!
The following are characters, plots, fandoms, and general ideas I’m craving to write and explore right now. Feel free to add your own thoughts and changes to any of what I’ve provided.
- Way Of the Househusband | Domesticated Yakuza
- Samurai | Historical, Possible Splash of Fantasy
- A Vampire Yakuza | ‘80s or Modern Japan | Supernatural & Crime
- Skormgar | The Half-Orc Assassin | Fantasy
- Mass Effect | Shameless Canon x OC |Doubling
- The Witcher | OC x OC
- Naruto | SasuSaku | OCs
I Play: A Former Yakuza Boss, Turned Househusband
You Play: The Career-Focused Spouse
Knowledge of the anime/manga is not needed, though I highly recommend it, because it’s the funniest thing I’ve encountered in a long time. The basic premise is this: A former Yakuza big-time boss, a living legend, feared and revered throughout the underworld, disappears off the streets one day. Instead of breaking skulls, he’s breaking eggs: being a househusband ain’t no joke. Abandoning a life of crime for taking care of his turf in a new and different way, my character’s Yakuza roots still shows as he adjusts to civilian life, leading to some misunderstandings and shenanigans.
This is the basic idea I want to build a plot around with whoever’s interested. I’d be happy to brainstorm the specifics of our characters’ relationship, how they met, their history — maybe even starting with those scenes, or exploring them in flashbacks. I’d also be opened to exploring darker tones, mixed in with silly humor and fluff.
I am 100% down for any plot that allows me to write a samurai or ronin in Feudal Japan, so feel free to toss me a plot idea of your own, but here are some of mine:
Birth of the Samurai | Genpei War Inspired | Late Heian Period
In the ashes of a failed rebellion, raised in an attempt to wrestle power back from a power-hungry usurper of the Emperor, who politically maneuvered himself to be the center of imperial power, my character, a young samurai, the last of his fallen, disgraced clan, is exiled to the far reaches of the frontier for the sins of his father, who dared to challenge the rule of the usurper. Coming of age, MC raises an army and seeks out allies, aiming to march on Kyoto, and avenge his clan. Who will your character be? His childhood friend and a loyal samurai? The daughter of a powerful daimyo, arranged to marry MC for an alliance? A disgraced ronin, once in service of the usurper, who seeks out MC for revenge of their own?
The Reign of Chaos | Sengoku Jidai
Considered an eccentric and madman, the black sheep of his family, disliked by the clan elders, my character was expected to fade into the background of history. Yet when his father dies, while the ashes are still warm, MC will rage a blood-soaked war in his home province, wrestling power from his siblings and uncles to claim his father’s mantle, to become clanhead; naturally, it’s not an arrangement many are happy with. Raising his banners and setting his sights upon the entirety of Japan, with enemies hidden within the shadows, he brings ingenuity to his tactics, as he marches across province after province, wielding fire and blade, in conquest. Will your character be an ally or foe? An assassin hiding in plain sight, or a captured enemy turn-cloak? Someone married out of political convenience, or someone manipulating shadows for political gain?
Daku Akuma | Sengoku Jidai / Edo | Yokai & Dark Fantasy | Inspired by Blade of the Immortal
One fateful night, betrayed by his own brother, my character, a powerful daimyo waging a war of conquest for power, was ambushed while taking a bath and murdered in a helpless way unbefitting for such an accomplished warrior. Only he didn’t die. Underneath the full moon, as his palace burned around him, a yokai came to save him — or perhaps curse him. Granted with immortality, MC rose from the ashes, and would wander the countryside as a ronin. Perhaps undeath taught him some humility, because he’s grown fond of accepting suicide contracts to help the hopeless. Is your character someone in need of his help? Or perhaps another immortal? Maybe the yokai who gave him this curse, and now has come to collect on the debt?
Once a talented and bloodthirsty daimyo, remembered as time ages on as a samurai of mythical legend, my character is now a high-ranking member of a yakuza syndicate: one cursed with immortality, an aversion to sunlight, and now literal thirst for blood. Turned by a vampire, who found his talent and fondness for mayhem endearing, a number of centuries ago, MC has spent his unlife serving his coven through the underworld — earning a sizable fortune to afford an affluent lifestyle for himself and the rest of his kin, along with a mortal circle to do their bidding. Yet navigating the cloak-and-dagger politics of crime syndicates, internal coven politics, and relations with both other vampire groups and other supernatural creatures is like walking on thin ice — no telling when the ground is going to give out underneath his feet.
Looking For: Jack for my M!Shep
Can Play: Just About Anyone; Prefer Garrus, Zaeed, Kasumi, Miranda, Ashley, Aria, Morinth, Tali, Liara
This one is real simple. One of my favorite characters I’ve ever written started as my Shepard: his name is Maverick. He’s a renegon asshole with a secret heart of gold underneath his damage; a 6’4” bearded, tattooed giant with Tom Hardy as a face claim. One of those “looks like he can kill you, but is secretly a teddy bear” types. I’ll include his character sheet further on if you want more information about him.
Basically, I want to write him against a Jack. In return, I’m willing to write just about anyone else within the game.
Don't you ever tame your demons,
But always keep 'em on a leash.
Birth Name: Reinhard Rolfson
Current Pseudonym: Reinhard "Maverick" Shepard
Former Aliases: Fenrir, The Wolf of Tenth Street
Birthplace: Copenhagen, Denmark, Scandinavia, Earth
- -Thomas Rolfson: Father---Alliance Marine---Deceased (KIA)
- -Norma Rolfson: Mother---Pianist---Deceased (Illness)
- -Kurt Rolfson: Older Brother--Former Alliance Marine/Drug Dealer---Deceased (Gang Violence)
- —Sarcastic and Irreverent: Maybe it’s a deep-rooted defense mechanism, but Maverick has a habit of turning everything into a joke and hardly taking anything seriously.
- —Stubborn and Unrelenting: As thick-skulled as a Krogan, Maverick is not one to retreat or surrender, no matter the risk.
- —Ends Justify the Means: Growing up as a street rat in the slums of Earth, Maverick learned to be resourceful and to win by any means necessary.
- —Loyal to a Fault: Though a bit rough around the edges, Maverick is extremely loyal to the select few who earn his trust and respect, including his crew; he’ll go to hell and back for them.
Likes: Drinking, Old Vids and Vinyls, Storms, Guns and Vehicles, Poker and Other Gambling, Dogs
Dislikes: Up-Tight People, Waking Up Early, Politics, Council Types, Bureaucracy
- —Maverick is left handed.
- —Maverick carries a bullet necklace — a keepsake of his father’s from before First Contact — and has a habit of placing it between his teeth while in thought, and to use as a deterrent from his old habit of smoking.
- —Maverick plays guitar, piano, and collects old vinyls, preferring “oldie” music from a century before.
- —Maverick claims his nickname came from his problem-with-authority attitude; while partially true, it was also birthed from a practically ancient Earth vid.
Eye Color: Pale Blue
Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Renegade facial scars (without the glowing eyes).
- Acid burn upon the left side of his chest (from a threshermaw).
- Puncture from threshermaw along his abdomen.
- Multiple bullet wounds scattered on torso.
- Slash across his throat.
Iron and Fire
Placement: The words "IRON" and "FIRE" inked on his left and right knuckles, respectively.
Tyr, Warrior's Rune
Placement: Left side of his neck.
Yggdrasil, The World Tree
Placement: Sprawled across his back, the branches of the world tree have been carved with a multitude of names, serving as a memorial to the lost.
Mjolnir, Thor's Hammer
Placement: Right pectoral muscle.
Fenrir, The Devourer
Placement: Over his left set of ribs. Chains bind the beast to the tree upon his back.
Jormungandr, The World Serpent
Placement: His right arm, wrapping around as a sleeve.
"Valkyrie", Guardian of Slain Warriors
Placement: Left forearm.
Born in a bustling metropolis on Earth to rather successful parents — a Captain in the Alliance and famed concert pianist — Maverick’s life might have been different if tragedy had not struck the family. Soon after his father died in combat, his mother was diagnosed with severe illness, draining their savings, and leaving caretaking in the hands of his older brother Kurt. To pay the bills, Kurt turned toward work with a notorious gang. Mother passed away, brother got himself killed, and after a stint playing bad boy on the streets himself, Maverick sought out the Alliance for a better life.
Though admittedly having a problem with authority and a chip on his shoulder, enough of his ego was beaten out of him in boot camp to make him a successful soldier. By the time he became an officer, he was slated for the N7 program, having survived a threshermaw attack that wiped out the rest of his unit. Tough as nails and too stubborn to die, Maverick, though a renegade who played by his own rules, was useful enough to be tolerated -- if held at arm’s length -- by the Alliance brass.
In stories, they call him The Mountain.
A Witcher who rides into town on a black stallion, covered from neck to toe in plate, with twin blades strapped across his back, and an axe hooped through his belt. When he steps from the saddle, boots kicking up dust, his height shadows all that come near. Golden eyes peer out from underneath a thick, arched brow, the left of which is marred by a scar, and his stern expression is motionless, as if carved from stone.
When he speaks to ask about the bounty, his low voice rumbles in his throat, and he fiddles with the bear head medallion chained to his neck, yet the habit is easily missed; the scar, three diagonal claw marks, running down his right eye and cheek makes for a grand distraction. The bards sing of how The Mountain obtained this scar during a battle with an archgriffin: an epic struggle that took place on the battlements of a lord's castle.
In person he is known as Thane by most: a name given to him by his mentor, who, while in a distant land to the East, claimed the unborn boy through the Law of Surprise, and dragged him to the Skellige Islands, where the School of the Bear once trained Witchers in the halls of an aged castle. Like all Witchers, Thane is known as a crude, unforgiving, traveling mutant, a necessary evil who makes coin off the misfortune of others: a freak that has no humanity left in his bones from the Trial of Grasses. He is simply a giant killer made of stone.
Yet those whose paths cross with his own, outside the span of legends, when he simply cannot stand by and let evil take place, even while he grumbles under his breath, know him as more than a mutant, more than a Witcher.
Two things I’m interested in regarding this fandom:
- (1) SasuSaku, with me writing Sasuke, though I’m more than open to doubling and including other pairings as well, or
- (2) OC x OC
Once, the Uchiha were fearsome samurai, loyal to the Emperor, and embedded within the ancient tales of Japan. After World War II, in the ashes during the Occupation, Uchiha Tajima founded the Uchiha-Kai as a Robin Hood-like criminal syndicate, doing dirty work to provide and protect their community.
After his death, his son, Madara, took over as the kumicho: boss of the misfit family.
In time, Madara would rise to become one of the most feared and respected Yakuza bosses in Tokyo and all of Japan. In fact, Madara could be described with the words of Pablo Escobar: sometimes he is God; when he says someone dies -- they die that day.
Sasuke, his nephew (son of his sister Mikoto), earned his place within the family at a young age, has risen to the rank of kyodai (captain), and is rumored to one day take over Madara's position. Sasuke is known as being just as cold, brutal, and effective as his uncle, but one person seems to calm the fires underneath the surface of his skin. Her name is Sakura Haruno. Maybe she's a college student, new to the city, who happens to meet the Uchiha heir on the subway, or perhaps she's the daughter of a prominent opposing family; whatever the case, the two are drawn together, and must learn to navigate the dangerous landscape that is the criminal underground as their relationship develops.
After the last great war, peace did not come easily. With the shinobi forces in shambles, mistrust is starting to once again brew between the nations; with two superpowers to call upon, the Leaf is regarded with wariness. And now Orochimaru, a powerful sannin with many secrets, has ascended as the Kage of the Sound, yet even after his efforts in the war, Kakashi is not quick to accept his intentions, especially when outlying villages, particularly those rumored to be harboring those with rare bloodline jutsus, are suffering from vicious attacks from rogue ninjas. The Hokage suspects foul play, even Orochimaru's involvement, but one wrong step could spark another war.
That's where his former student, Uchiha Sasuke, comes in. Wandering the world in a quest of redemption and self-reflection, he seeks to aid these villages under siege, and has been tracking those responsible, feeding information secretly back to Kakashi. Traveling cloak-and-dagger, Sasuke finally gains a lead in Rain, where he defends off an attack, only to fall to a poisoned shuriken. On his deathbed, taken in by the villagers, Sasuke bitterly muses this is a damned, ironic way for him to go.
Enter Haruno Sakura: a renowned medical ninja and a student of the great Tsunade. For the last few years she has been establishing hospitals and offering relief to the various nations, particularly Rain, which has suffered from the constant battling and change of leadership. By some stroke of luck or fate, she just happens to be traveling through the country when she hears of the attack on a nearby village, and stumbles into a shack, finding a man who left her standing outside Konoha's gate two years ago.
- —Think of this as a fix-it plot, filling in the gaps and fixing the rough cracks of the canon ship. Expect hurt, angst, and healing, as these two navigate the murky waters of repairing first their friendship, before attaching weak threads of an almost broken, deeper bond.
- —Looking for someone to play BAMF! Sakura. I write Sasuke.
- —Please feel free to offer suggestions to change any of the above, or add anything in. I'm always open to new ideas.
- —I would like a partner who's willing to help me fill out the world with characters, both canons and select OCs where applicable.
As the plot against Konoha brews within the ranks of the Uchiha, the Clan Head, Fugaku, along with his wife Mikoto, are assassinated by radical ROOT agents one faithful night, leaving the leadership of the clan in the hands of their eldest son, Itachi. With his new position, and his friend Shisui at his side, he’s able to rein the clan in — or at least disrupt their plans enough — to quell the uprising. This action is enough to placate the Elders, admonishing Danzo’s secret plans to execute the entire clan, but all is not settled.
Mistrust between the Uchiha and village is still burning. Some within the clan are speaking of a second coup, one aimed first at their Head, while Danzo is scheming a second execution, against both Uchiha and the Hokage. This is the political landscape haunting Sasuke as he graduates from the academy and becomes a part of Team Seven. Can he help stabilize relations between his clan and country?
- —Looking for a Bamf! Sakura to play against my Sasuke.
- —Willing to romantically double with me writing, in order of preference: Shisui, Itachi, Kakashi, Naruto.
- —We can go many directions with this, but mainly looking to follow BAMF! Team Seven as they progress as ninja.
- —Expect canon divergence.
OC x OC
Name: Uchiha Raiden
Alias: The Storm
Blood Type: AB
Occupation: ANBU Operative
Height: 186 cm
Build: Lean Muscle
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Black
- —Small scar over his left brow from a training mishap.
- —Scar across right side of his jawline from an ANBU mission gone wrong.
- —ANBU tattoo.
Chakra Types: Lightning, Fire
Combat Specialization: Close Range
Chakra Control: Medium
Chakra Reserves: Large
Summoning Animal: Hawks
- —Daisho combo (Katana & Wakizashi)
- —Three tomoe sharingan
- —Mangekyou Ability — Yamikasumi (Dark Mist): A dense, black mist is summoned wherever Raiden looks, engulfing his enemies in endless blackness. While trapped inside, a genjutsu assaults the mind, playing games with its victim’s psyche, and causing them to stay trapped within, unable to find the exit; this makes them sitting ducks for Raiden’s lightning-sparking sword.
- —Pragmatic & Calculating: While a man of action, Raiden’s risks are calculated; he also has little use for things he sees as frivolous or pointless.
- —Temperamental & Stubborn: Impatience and ego mean Raiden has a quick temper, along with being hard to sway.
- —Loyal & Protective: Despite his rough exterior and preference for solitude, Raiden is loyal to the few who earn his trust, willing to do whatever is needed to protect them.
Likes: Storms, Cats, Training
Dislikes: Bureaucracy and Politics, Loud People, Defeat
- —Though left-dominant, Raiden is ambidextrous to the extent of being able to wield a blade in either hand.
- —Raiden has a rigid training schedule, hardly allowing for rest or downtime. Still, he enjoys sketching in quiet moments, mostly of landscapes and animals.
- —Raiden’s diet is also strict, yet he does have a secret fondness for sweets, particularly dango.
- —While not too fond of other people, Raiden has a soft spot for cats, and has a stray one he cares for at home
- —Raiden’s ANBU mask is Hawk.
Raiden's mother was born out of wedlock, descended directly from a line formed from a tryst of Uchiha Madara’s before his departure from Konoha. After the madman's inevitable betrayal of the village, his heirs were shunned, outcasts among their own people, and this stigma would pass down onto Raiden, born from the same tainted blood. Like his mother, his heritage made him a prodigy: by four, he had mastered the fireball jutsu, by five he was wielding shuriken on the level of his seniors, and besides his intelligence, he had an iron will and propelling inner fire of determination that rivaled Madara's own. Though revered as the Uchiha's golden example of their innate power and potential, his fellow clansman still regard him with resentment, fearing how closely he resembled their most famous Clanhead, not only in looks and ability, but also in personality: it was rumored that the Curse of Hatred manifested greatest in Madara's line, and his grandson's instability is living proof of that inherit madness.
Uchiha Rei, his mother and a renowned shinobi in her own right, would lose her life when her son was but the age of three, participating in a border skirmish. His father an unknown entity, though rumored to be a half-breed Uchiha swordsman wandering the world in self-exile, Raiden was, for all practical purposes, an orphan. Raised by a various caretakers who took him in, he became independent and self-reliant by the the time he entered into the academy.
Name: Senju Akira
Alias: The Silver Wolf
Blood Type: A
Clan: Half-Breed Hatake / Senju
Height: 180 cm
Build: Lean Muscle
Hair Color: Silver
Eye Color: Blue
- —Senju Clan red markings on his chin and cheeks.
- —Scars littering his torso from various ninja tools.
- —ANBU tattoo.
Chakra Types: Wind, Earth
Combat Specialization: Close-Mid Range
Chakra Control: Excellent
Chakra Reserves: Medium
Summoning Animal: Wolves
- —His Hatake blood gives Akira an incredibly sensitive nose: an enhanced sense of smell on the level of a canine’s.
- —Sensor: Born a sensor type, Akira is sensitive to the chakra auras of those around him, and can sense nearby chakra signatures.
- —Blood Tracking: With a portion of blood, Akira can attune to the chakra of its source, and track down their location.
- —Flying Raijin Jutsu: Inheriting the jutsu of the Second Hokage, Akira can teleport to a location of any object or person marked with his chakra seal.
- —Blood Seal: Seals take time and patient to prepare, and if in a bind, Akira can sacrifice a portion of his chakra reserves to create one with his own blood, yet the seal is only usable over short distances.
- —Patient & Observant: While a bit blunt and brash, Akira is patient; he watches and collects information before acting.
- —Intelligent & Studious: Known as a genius, Akira is a quicker learner, and excellent tactician.
- —Loyal & Honorable: Akira is not only protective of those he considers his pack — family, clan, and home — but of those he sees as defenseless.
Likes:Studying History and Jutsu, Training and Perfecting/Expanding-Upon Techniques, Quiet and Peaceful Places
Dislikes: Impatience, Incompetence, War
- —To help quiet his mind and to relax after long missions, Akira is a fan of wood-working, particularly carving, perhaps as a testament to the First Hokage’s signature jutsu.
- —Akira’s favorite food is any kind of BBQ pork.
- —When he has the time, Akira often volunteers to help the Inuzuka at their veterinary clinic.
- —Akira’s ANBU mask is Wolf.
A remnant from two dying clans, Akira was born from a love affair between a Hatake father and Senju mother. Raised in what little remained of his mother’s clan, his father one of the many victims of war, he found a second parental figure in the Second Hokage, Tobirama. Though a half-breed in a time where clan politics and division was on the rise, Akira was respected for his skill and dedication, to both the village and honing new Jutsu; taken under Tobirama’s wing, he inherited his techniques, and would continue his legacy as a inventor after his death.
Operating in the ANBU, Akira was a talented tracker, able to sense out enemy forces. He worked mainly as an assassin, seeking out high-profile targets and eliminating them, delving deep into hostile territory.
Also, I’m always open to creating new characters! Here are some other ideas I’d be interested in trying out, either with one of the above pre-established characters, or a completely new OC:
- —OC Uchiha x OC Senju
- Particularly looking for someone to write against Raiden (character sheet provided above), especially a descendant of either Tobirama or Hashirama.
- —OC Genin Team
- —Non-Boruto OC Next Gens
- —OC ANBU Operatives
- —OC Jinchuriki x OC Jinchuriki
- —OC Rogue Ninjas
- —Warring States Period OCs
List of General Interests:
- High and Low
- Science Fiction
- Cyberpunk and Space Opera
- Modern With Flair
- Organized Crime, Especially Yakuza
- Supernatural Creatures: Vampires, Werewolves, Yokai, Demons, Fae, and more, oh my!
- Outlaw Motorcycle Clubs
- Dark, Gritty, Down-To-Earth Superheroes
- Feudal Japan
- Viking Era
- Wild West
- Skyrim / Elder Scrolls
- The Witcher
- Dragon Age
- Mass Effect
- Cyberpunk 2077
- The Last of Us
- Mad Max
- Red Dead Redemption
If you’re interested in writing with me, hit me up in PMs with your own characters and/or ideas, and thanks for reading!