• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Jaredthefox92

Jaredthefox92
I'm thinking having a small warband themed story that takes off from Black Crusade would be interesting. A plot where a merry band of heretics are actually questing for something really big to help them turn a world to the will of their gods. However, this won't be really dice based as I tried that before on here and that didn't work out. So, expect some fancy piece of wargear or some ancient portal to be sort of motivation for any heretic willing to bring ruin to an Imperial World and please the Ruinous Powers. I'm thinking our warband can be Undivided so everyone can customize a character, (and me being a Tzeentchian leader.) So, anyone up for some heresy?

An update: So for our warband I may either make it all Astartes or perhaps humans and Astartes, it depends on a vote. The warband I'd like to try out is my Dusk Owls, which are basically mercenaries, have a LOT of Chaos Raptors and Warp Talons, and they basically draw in from other Warbands and cults.

d8dy170-5eae8623-fef8-4b7b-826c-6d5687a72466.png

rq__in_one_swoop_by_ohlookitsanartist_d9380wv-pre.jpg

dusk_owl_by_roomskyk_da5csau-pre.jpg

They serve a leader called the "Great Owl", but I may or may not include him as an actual character. They're from a world called Dradanska which is like a forest world with a hive city on it and constant flooding. They're also pretty Tzeentchian heavy, but their shrewd leader is Undivided so he allows pretty much any denomination of Chaos as long as their members go along with his plans.

Last edited:
So, would you be willing to make a Dusk Owl for this story? I can fill you in on their lore and backstory.
Possibly? If you fill me in on the backstory, I might do it, although I originally planned to go with an Iron Warrior marine or a heretek.

Possibly? If you fill me in on the backstory, I might do it, although I originally planned to go with an Iron Warrior marine or a heretek.

Okay, well the Dusk Owls are sort of like 'mercenaries', akin to the Red Corsairs or other smaller warbands. What their strength is that they take in anyone, even from other previous warbands. They're Undivided and their leader is a raptor champion dubbed the "Great Owl". Their strength is they're all flyboys, they have a vast arseanal of aircraft and cultists are even given decent respect if they're skilled pilots. They also like to attack at night on some worlds and plan their assaults in the day with bombing and strafing runs. They also have a lot of Tzeentchian craft such as Doom Wings, but as stated before they're Undivided so everyone has a role in their warband.

Okay, well the Dusk Owls are sort of like 'mercenaries', akin to the Red Corsairs or other smaller warbands. What their strength is that they take in anyone, even from other previous warbands. They're Undivided and their leader is a raptor champion dubbed the "Great Owl". Their strength is they're all flyboys, they have a vast arseanal of aircraft and cultists are even given decent respect if they're skilled pilots. They also like to attack at night on some worlds and plan their assaults in the day with bombing and strafing runs. They also have a lot of Tzeentchian craft such as Doom Wings, but as stated before they're Undivided so everyone has a role in their warband.
Nice. I will consider it if this RP takes off, although I won't ditch my heretek or Iron Warrior plans yet.

Chaos up in here? Absolutely sign me up!!

Attachments

• C652CF78-CDE1-45A3-8684-0535E9FF2A33.jpeg
    C652CF78-CDE1-45A3-8684-0535E9FF2A33.jpeg
    51.2 KB · Views: 1
Nice. I will consider it if this RP takes off, although I won't ditch my heretek or Iron Warrior plans yet.

An Iron Warrior could in theory join the Dusk Owls, but a heretek would be useful. They have a lot of fighter-craft and employ tactics that are versatile and varied, thus a lot of equipment would need to be maintained.

Yes! Appease the Ruinous Powers! So um, do you want to be a cultist or an astartes?
I’m not dead set on an exact character archetype, but I’m pretty certain I’d want to play a mortal cultist. Might go something sorcerous or maybe, if your familiar with the black crusade archetypes, an apostate style preacher/propagandist.

I’m not dead set on an exact character archetype, but I’m pretty certain I’d want to play a mortal cultist. Might go something sorcerous or maybe, if your familiar with the black crusade archetypes, an apostate style preacher/propagandist.

Hmm, I was going to make this more of a cult gig until I brought up the Dusk Owls, but they're realtively more "friendly" to non-astartes who are very skilled compared to the average Chaos space marine warband. So it's possile your character could also be a pilot or a useful sorcerer to make them value them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back