• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

EccentricFantasy

The mind is a fearsome thing, don't tread on it.
All gods are real. Mythology, modern religion, all of it is real. The stories we lived with, the stories we mocked and wrote of as superstition used when science could not explain things. It is all real. Everything from the modern Christian God to the most ancient of Gods in recorded history. All the monsters we laughed at, the realms we didn't believe in and the celestial beings we worshipped. They were hidden from our site and had their laughs at our expense. They used us for a game to pass time. How do we know now? A simple mistake.

Due to a mistake made by one of the many trickster gods, the veil shielding man kind from the gods, magic and monsters has been lifted. Mortals, whom bite from the fruit, now see their fate. Now the veil lifted, mortals boil in rage. These beings use their lives as a game. Cause natural disasters, create plagues and dictator's bent on genocide. Evil used as a mechanic to make their game more fun. Never in all of history has humanity been so furious or more United.

In their fury, humanity rebelled. They tried to fight the gods, titans and forces of will that bind their souls, but humanity stood no chance. As mortals, they had no hope of defying gods who so brazenly controlled the lives of those smaller than them. That was until the discovery of the Primearch's.

The gods foolish games inevitably led to their own weapons turning on them. Throughout history, mythology and religion, there are tales of humans blessed with powers. Powers bestowed by gods, curses or magical beings. Many vowing to return in humanities hour of need. These are the Primearch's. For millennia, these paragons and true peaks of humanity have had their souls pass from one mortal child to another. They live and die over and over again, waiting for humanity to call and beg for help. The veil lifting spelled doom for the gods, but they could still fight back. Now war rains over the world. The gods, monsters and beasts seeming to attack randomly across the modern age.

The Primearch's call a floating city home. There they live, ready to fight for humanity once again. To lead humanity into the enlightened future with their own free will, no longer tortured by the fickle whims of gods or deities. They live to enact the vengeance humanity has sought since the veil dropped. They are progenitors, warriors, demigods and favored. The Primearch's are the mortals only hope.

This is an odd story I know, but let me explain.

We will be playing Primearch's. Modern humans with the souls of ancient mortals from history, mythology and religion. We will have skills, powers, abilities and magics all based off of the original stories of the people we choose for the power source. Yes, there will be fighting gods and monsters for the sake of humanity, but when not fighting they will just be trying to live a normal life wherever they stop. So, do not just focus on combat. Personality and interactions are important too.

As this is religion, mythology and magic based, I ask that you treat any figure from these tales or history with respect. Many people still practice the religion and mythology you may chose from, so no disrespecting their beliefs. I won't even warn you. You will just be kicked.

I request a few things. Keep in mind this may change depending on how many join:
- Be at least 17 years of age. Some of this stuff is a bit mature.
- Follow all RPN rules.
- The historical figures and characters from religion or mythology must be real (meaning from real mythology or religion). If someone chooses the one you want before you, I am sorry.
- I want at least 2 paragraphs per post. I am more quality than quantity, so make sure it's good.

I want to say off the bat that chosing Jesus Christ is off limits. He was not just the son of God, but also his mortal form. As such he falls into God territory.

If you are interested, please post your age, preferred pronouns, a brief introduction and what figure from history, mythology or religion you wish to use as inspiration for your Primearch character. Keep in mind I want HISTORICALLY ACCURATE information on the figures you chose. Don't go crazy and make up random things as their original story will be the base influence or inspiration for their powers now. You can pull from literally any mythos, religion or folklore that has a mortal blessed by the gods or born from one, but know I will do my research! Also, keep in mind that these are all mortals, demigods and warriors from mythology and religion. They were given gifts by gods or God or Goddesses. Whether by birthright or blessing. They are not gods themselves.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Would Nobonaga work? It's a bit of stretch but he did refer to himself as "king of the sixth heaven" (a titel referring to Mara) once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back