Spooky Writing Contest 2017 A challenge from Hell

Vagabond Spectre

Seven Thousand Club
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
tumblr_mrnsctiMrU1s933afo1_500.gif

It was a dark night at my usual home course mountain pass. It was darker than the other nights, which i paid no mind to. Oh! I almost forgot to introduce myself... I'm Sherman, 21 years old, unemployed, no girlfriend, but a grade A street driver/leader of my street racing gang. I'm going to tell you a story that no street racer nor any one who drives on the road and how i almost got myself killed one night.

It all started when when i was making a few practice laps alone on my home course. It was a mountain pass with a few gentle curves and sharp corners. S-roads can even be found here. I drove my mom's car which was surprisingly fast despite being a four-seater. My goal was to beat my previous lap time. My friends/crew were around the corner waiting for me to pass them as they held their stopwatches. Each time i pass a crew member they stop their stopwatch.

During my run. I caught a glimpse of light from my back mirror. It was another car. I found it strange that no one at this time of the hour should be driving except for me and my crew. Not only that what crept me out is that this mysterious car was getting closer and closer to me. It was ridiculously fast! one second it was just on a horizon. Seconds later, it's coming to me like it wants me dead. Whoever is driving it beckons to race me. I can just feel it. What made me froze while driving is that when it got close...

tumblr_naqso4F6hN1sdhuzuo1_500.gif

There i saw it... It's untouched paint job was just as white as the moon. It's headlights shone like the sun. The way the car looks like it was smiling right back at me as it got closer. Although, what i found strange is that it made a low eerie engine noise despite being in a high speed gear. It's almost like it was moaning and echoing. They were only an inch closer to my car. If i don't move over. It's game over for me.

I have no choice left but to move over. The car was too fast for me. So fast, it's dangerous... I was terrified that the car has no intention of stopping. Like it wants to kill me... The car passed by me at insane speed. I never even get the chance to see a glimpse of the driver but it sure wasn't one my crew cause i know they can't just pass me so easily. As a street racer, i had my pride. I stepped on the gas pedal with all might and shifted to my final gear. Thinking that i should show this driver who's boss.

But that's where i was mistaken. I followed the car as best as i could but every time it steers on it's left and right it disappears in my view. It's taillights glow was menacing, as i followed it. It was almost like bloodshot eyes staring back at me. Shivers my spine as i remember it clearly. Those taillights stood out in the darkness so well...

After a few seconds of pursuing it. It went off road and headed into a thick dark forest on it's right. I was at the foot of the mountain pass at this moment and my last friend is waiting for me to pass him around the road's corners. Sadly, i foolishly followed the eerie car. I was now going off road, following the car. The forest's trees ate the moon's light, thus making it almost pitch black as i drove into the disturbing foresting. It was at that point where my body started to move on it's own. It was a strange yet real feeling. My hands drove the steering and meet feet kept the car speeding. The headlight's were my only source of light to see through the dark forest. The road was somehow smooth yet a bit bumpy. Dead leaves were crunching underneath my car's wheels and the creepy car's unholy engine kept echoing through the forest. My heart was racing, hoping that my car doesn't crash to a nearby tree.

I haven't lost the car in sight. Catching up to it was hard. I somehow manage to keep my pace. As i go deeper and deeper into forest. The more i become paranoid. I was uneasy at my driving. Until it became worse... Passing by a large tree. There i saw a crashed muscle car. It was filthy and rusted. Dry blood was tinting the tree trunk. Assuming the driver popped out of the windshield and through the tree. It was at this moment i wanted to go back. My mind says yes but my body says no. I kept on driving through the pitch black forest. The more i chase this disturbing car, the more sinister the surroundings get. Not only i saw a crashed car on a tree. There were more just like it! All ending up the same fate. I was in little to no control on my body. I can hardly turn the car around. I felt sick in my stomach as i'm now getting the feeling of being watched despite it was only me and the car.

The creatures of the night were somehow watching me. It felt like a grand prix, except i have a creepy audience. I was so scared out of my mind. I almost crashed into a thick tree. Luckily i managed to get around, quickly. Thanks to my reflexes i could have ended up like the guys around me. Seeing all these things made me feel like i want to wake up, if this was all just a nightmare. The dead bodies of the previous street racers scared me the most. Just when i thought it could get any worse. I watched the car before speeding fast. Earlier it was steering around the trees like mad, now it's going straight. This could be my chance to chase up to them. I was foolish... As soon i was catching up, my heart skipped a beat... Before me the car just fell... It fell on a giant gaping hole in the ground. I immediately slammed my brake pedal as my life depended on it. I came for the emergency brakes second. The car was still skidding due to the dead leaves causing an effect to slip. Good thing i stopped in time. The car was only a centimeter away from the hole.

I sat in my mom's car for a whole minute, trying to catch my breath. I just wanted to forget everything i saw that night. I stepped out of the car and checked the hole to check if the car was still there. Unfortunately, it disappeared. The hole was big and pitch black. It seems like it's bottomless. I didn't want to look at what's behind me. I just wanted to go finish the lap run and go home. I stepped back in my car and drove away from the hole as far as possible. I went back to where i came, again everything was still there. The disturbing forest really fired my soul and activate my adrenaline to it's fullest. I finally found the track on where i once came. I felt relieve as i saw my friends in there cars going around the track, looking for me. They were worried sick. They saw my terrified face. I wasn't in a talking that night.

So the next morning. We discussed about the practice that night. I told them every single detail i know about what that night. My friends were having goosebumps and surprised faces. Like they thought i was going insane. One of my friends believed me and told me a strange rumor. Although, he never that it would be true. He said that. "Every full moon, in our home course. A mysterious ghost car will appear from the road and lure street drivers into a hole, deep in a forest. All we know is that those who follow that dreaded thing will never come back alive. Some call it "Hell's racer" Some followed it and never been seen again. " The story my friend told me made me shiver down my spine once more. I didn't want to remember that night again...​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back