• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings A Casual Partner Search

GojiBean

Your resident irradiated Kaiju King
Roleplay Type(s)
Hoyo!

GojiBean here!

Disclaimer, I work a full-time job and life is pretty hectic. So, I'm looking for a partner who's able and willing to take things slowly. Like, one or two posts per week at max, slowly.

If that describes you, please keep reading!!

I have several 1x1 RP ideas in mind, but they're all pretty basic and in need of some further fleshing out which is where you come in! I want my partner to have a say in how the world works as far as mechanics, design, and implementation of ideas. So, hopefully you're creative and collaborative off the page as well as on the page!

Here's the idea list!!

Dragoon + Dragon (working title)

This RP is the one I've thought the most about, obviously from the amount of detail below compared to the others (lol) and is a classic "save the world" storyline where a Dragoon (a demi-god Dragon Rider) must find their partner Dragon as the Dragoon race is the last of the God's defenses against the encroaching Nether World as it seeks to expand its influence both in the Mortal Realm and usurp the authority of the Gods as the rulers of creation and change the fabric of reality to their whims.

One of us will be the Dragoon, one of us the Dragon.

Now, straight away I'll say the term "Dragon Rider" is a bit of a misnomer at first as there's very little to no riding going on to start this RP. Dragons are proud creatures who don't fancy themselves as "beasts of burden." Riding a Dragon requires the Dragon to trust and respect the rider absolutely. And this isn't easy to accomplish for such a proud and defiant race.

Having said that, I think it's obvious what will develop between the Dragoon and Dragon over time. :closed eyes open smile:

The basic formula I have in mind is this:

* The Dragoon is a warrior of the Gods, and they must always have a Dragon partner as this link is the key to unlocking their full power. Without a bonded Dragon partner, a Dragoon has a mere fraction of their full power.

* Eons ago, there was a falling out between the Dragons and the Gods which is now known as "The Rift." Dragoons live an extraordinarily long time. But today there are only three Dragoons left who have a Dragon partner. And all of them, and their Dragon partners, are old and don't have the power they once did.

* Today, the Nether Realm is encroaching on the territory of the Gods since their primary force for defending themselves, the Dragoons, is so severely weakened. Even so, the Higher Plane is able to defend themselves for the time being. But they'll need the Dragoons if they hope to survive in the long-term.

* The Dragoons born after The Rift and who don't have Dragon partners of their own are sent to the Mortal Plane to find and bond with a Dragon to unlock their full power so they can return to the Higher Plane and help drive the Darkness back to the void from whence it came.

* Whilst in the Mortal Plane, the Dragoons are on their own. The three Dragoons who still have their power and Dragon partners are the ones with the magic to send them to the Mortal Realm in the first place. And with them currently preoccupied with defending the Higher Plane there's nobody to call them back. The Dragoon's only hope to return lies in their ability to find and bond with a Dragon to unlock the full power sleeping within their blood and unlock the magic to return on their own and defend their home from the invading Darkness.

* Finding a Dragon is difficult (and will take up a good portion of the opening section of this RP), since they avoid contact with humans whenever possible (and Dragoons look exactly like humans). Bonding with one is going to be even more difficult. The reason being is that Dragons remember the reasons behind The Rift, and have passed it down through the generations. They won't be easily swayed.

* The Darkness is encroaching on the Mortal Plane as well, though. So, you can imagine that the Dragoon and Dragon will engage in combat alongside each other, at times willingly and other times begrudgingly, and develop their bonds over time. Eventually they will bond fully which will be the climactic moment of the RP where the Dragoon regains their full power and the pair return to the Higher Plane alongside their fellow Dragoons who've also succeeded in their goal and take the fight to the Nether Realm forces to protect their homes with all their newly unlocked fury.

I'm up for playing either role. So, let me know which one you're interested in and I'll take the other.

This idea sounds fairly fleshed out. But I haven't decided on exactly how strong a Dragoon should be in comparison to a normal human. Even if their powers are a mere fraction of what they could be, they should still be stronger than an average human, I'm thinking. But I'm open to making them just as strong as a normal person if it makes more sense to you.

I also haven't worked out how magic works, or if the Mortal Plane even has magic (I think, personally, it might be more interesting if there wasn't any but I'm open to the alternatives). I don't have a world map yet, or names for any locations or nations. I don't have any politics for any nations worked out. Etc, etc. So, I'll be needing some help with that.

Pokémon

I'm a major Pokémon nerd, though admittedly mostly for the first three generations. Particularly one and two since I'm old school and they were the first hand-held games I ever played. Gens I and II will always hold a special place in my heart because of that. Far moreso than the newer ones.

If you're a fan of the older generations, then keep reading!

I've always been more of a fan of the idea of a "realistic" Pokémon adventure where they're real animals with elemental abilities (within scientific reason), and that they aren't just all cute and cuddly blobs on a screen.

To that end I'm interested in a realistic Pokémon adventure based in the Kanto Region (however, any "habitat appropriate" Pokémon from other generations are welcome to be seen, encountered, captured, etc). This would be a two-person Pokémon RP where our characters both get their starters at the same time and, because of the dangers of the world (because realism) they're required to partner up and travel together to have the best chances to stay safe as they make their way from Pallet Town to Viridian City. After that they're free to part ways, but obviously they'll decide to stay partnered up for friendship reasons.

Because it's more grounded and realistic there will be Pokémon violence, including death. Pokémon under the control of Trainers will obviously learn to control their abilities to be non-lethal as much as possible. But if a Pokémon overdoes it they can and will kill whatever is unfortunate enough to receive their attacks.

As an example, a Pikachu unleashing a full-power Thunderbolt on a human being will kill that human being. Our bodies can only handle so much electric voltage before our nervous system overloads and fries. And if our nervous system fries, we die. Period. There's no comical "zap and have spiky hair for a bit" nonsense.

Similarly, Team Rocket (yes, I'm staying old school, lol) will be a fully competent and dangerous organization which is able to evade the law and accomplish their goals using both Pokémon and standard human methods of violence like intimidation, physical assault, and the use of guns if necessary.

So, if you're up for a realistic Pokémon adventure let me know!

Arranged Marriage (Medieval)

I honestly don't know why I have such a fascination with and a desire to play this one. Lol. I might need to talk to my therapist about it.

However, I really like a concept I was first introduced to many, many years ago on another site which unfortunately died due to the GM leaving for personal reasons. But I liked the concept so much I took it and made some personal tweaks to it to suit my preferences. And now, here we are!

* There are four nations. And they have always either been at war, or at political odds to the point where tensions are always high which puts a lot of stress on the general populace.

* In order to alleviate these tensions and finally bring about a long hoped for peace, the four ruling families have agreed to an extreme political stunt. Each one will effectively auction off one of their Princesses to be wed to a commoner from a different nation in a publicly announced arranged marriage.

* One of us will portray a Princess who gave up on the idea of finding love as a child because she knew full well her position as a Princess all but guaranteed a political marriage. Though she continues to dream, she believes love is a fantasy and not something she will ever find.

* So, you can guess what she finds. ;D

This RP will have numerous humanoid races with special abilities which make the story more interesting. And we can talk about exactly what kinds of races those are, what their abilities are, and what our favorite combination of those races is for the Princess and her soon-to-be groom are.

High School Shenanigans

I'm a big sucker for slice of life comedy in anime and manga. So, if I can find a partner for this genre that'd be awesome!

Romance is not required for this one, though if we happen to play a male/female pairing I would be open to the idea of romance developing naturally over time. But the focus will mostly be on slice of life elements mixed with comedy. Silly and stupid situations which normally only happen in manga and anime will happen on the regular. And that's about all that really needs to be said about this one.

So! If you like any of these ideas please reply by tagging me in a response post here in the thread and I'll be happy to say "hello" and see if we're a good match as RP partners!

As part of my search I will be using preset prompts in the style of each of the above concepts, depending on which concept you inquired about, as a way to test and observe your RP style.

If I feel we'd make good partners, I'll open up further discussions about the RP concept you inquired about and we'll see what we come up with.

That said, this is not first come first served. I will be interviewing, for lack of a better term, any and all newcomers until I reach the point where I know I've found the partner I'm looking for. If I don't think we'll be a good match as RP partners, I will say so. And I'll wish you the best of luck in your future RP searches. No bad blood.

Cheers!!

Hey there friend! I know we tried to RP before and life got busy for both of us. If you want a partner who is very causal and laid back, you have my attention with the arranged marriage plot!

GojiBean GojiBean

Hi! I'm jester! I'm also a fairly casual rper, so I'm very flexible with posts.

I'm also weirdly obsessed with arranged marriage plots so I'd be interested in that one if you'd like!

GojiBean GojiBean

Hello! The Dragon + Dragoon and Pokemon plotlines really catch my eye, especially since I'm a big fan of realistic pokemon situations! Cue the suffering and angst. I'm also pretty pleased to find a slower paced RP since I've got a very erratic schedule, so let me know if you'd like to take either of those two prompts further!

Thank you all!

I'll try to send out DM's with the promised pre-set prompts for you to reply to later today so I can get a good idea of your RP and writing styles.

Cheers!

Prompts sent, finally. XD

Sorry for the wait.

Anyone else out there interested in these ideas or having things they would add/change to make them more appealing?

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back