• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern -a c o l y t e s- info

iP9I7uy.jpg
Eax3wUD.jpg
pFBYJbu.jpg
-A C O L Y T E S-
It started a little over a month ago, when autumn melted into winter and the world turned pale in the aftermath.

It was a chill up the spine, a crawling in their skin as the first connection was severed. It hit them all like a brick, the absence of space and energy that had one been there suddenly removed so easily like it was just vapor being blown by a simple breathe of air. The Vasht spoke only in tongues that day, shouting to the heavens and growing desperate and frustrated when no answer came to them, the Mor spent their days with their covens watching the winds blow as their eyes faded white and the world became grey whilst trying to focus on the void in between, the Thaven stayed in the hills- communing with the Balance and Neith herself, looking for any answer that the world and their mother could provide them. The God's had answered their calls weeks later, telling them that one of their own had fallen ill, but that they were better now. Foolish were the three species, clinging to hope and blind ignorance even as they felt the scales slowly tip.

They should've questioned them, should've chased for the truth longer than they had. Maybe if they did, none of this would have happened. Perhaps, they could've avoided the grim reality they faced now...

The God's were gone.

For months on end, spanning from the first reset of the seasons' cycle to now- where the summer's heat beat down upon them cruelly from the skies above - the Connections to the High Above had been slowly but surely been cut. No one could explain it, no Thaven no Vasht nor no Mor could possibly explain why in Caestof's name they were slowly losing their links to the Old One's. Theories had spread rampant like wild fires: claims that the Old One's had given up on us, had been preparing to start anew or planned to wipe them out entirely and give up on life itself had been told through each of the species' communities. They had spent days and nights praying to the Old One's for answers, for some kind of sign from one of them- Any of them.

And then Neith, goddess of nature, mother of the Thaven and the Huntress deity had announced that the God's were dead, and they soon regretted their wishes.

She had told them that something that something was erasing the Old One's from existence itself, a plague like no other that ate away at the very material they were made of, something that not only destroyed the form but the God itself. She didn't know what to do, she didn't know how it was being done, but it was. She had told them that she was the last, that she was hiding and that she was afraid.

And when her connection had been cut from them all- When all that could be heard that night was the mournful cries of hundreds of lost children from the forests did the gravity set in.

They were alone.

The gods had fallen, and a threat was approaching that could destroy them all.

Gods help us all.
-------------
tl;dr basically a story with custom mythology about how the gods were slain but a mysterious force that threatens to destroy the very reality that we live in, and how it's up to the three failsafe guardian species to protect the universe and shit.

this rp has extensively custom mythology, that if not properly read will definitely cause a lot of confusion and a lot of questions. It has highly recommended you check out the tumblr below for more info and more mythos as to become more aquainted with the 'acolytes' universe.

this rp is set in modern times, where humans live blissfully unaware of the existence of the three species the Mor (witch), the Vasht (fae) and the Thaven (druids), guardians who were created to protect the earth as a fail safe in case the gods were to be slain. I will be posting specific lore entries on each of the species later in time, but at the moment most of the info can be found directly on the tumblr i have listed below. This rp is highly story-oriented and will span the length of four arcs, or 'volumes' as i like to call them, and will be semi-high demand as i have many other rps going on at the moment. Many of the choices will affect the overall story in many ways leading up to the final arc, as i like to player characters to have the ability to effect the story with their character's actions, opinions views and relationships. Here are some rules below:

- dont be a dick and you wont get hit

- trigger warn your posts please. People's mental & emotional health matter more than '''spoiler alerts'''.

- no drama. i do not care if you have beef with either i or another player, you/we take that stuff out of the rp channels and into the pms. this rp was made for joy and sweet sweet angst, not for any fighting. If you have concerns about another player, either address them directly or come to me and I will try to address them myselves- or better yet, block or ignore them. Simple as that.

- respect me, my co-gm @aesthete and the other players. If I see any bullying or any sort of discrimination against other players or against you, its an instant boot and report for the party who was harrassing. I don't tolerate that shit, and if it happens there will be hell to pay.

- remember, while this rp is a serious one and choct full of angst, pain, suffering, tears and other sad bad variety of feels, ultimately it's made for the enjoyment of the player as well. Have fun with it, be creative, it's all encouraged here : )

- if you wish to do something with another player's character, please ask before hand and do not assume you can just do with whatever you want. This can lead to a bunch of scenarios that make my head hurt (and my frustration flare) at just thinking of dealing/experiencing them, so let's just avoid them all together please.

- I would like atleast 2-3+ paragraphs per post, for this is a detailed rp in a very very detail heavy world and it depends on many thigns, and this is one of them. If you do not feel like you can handle this quota, please reconsider before applying, and if you wish to talk about it contact me or my co-gm please.

all the lore here

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back