• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A Bonded Pair - Travelling the World with a Shifter

Raema

Floof
My fancy-pants and totally original* (read as: completely-cliche-as-usual) RP partner search thread!

I'm looking for something specific that I'll put out there right now, at the start: I'm looking for a dynamic of a creature that can shift x human (or at least humanoid - doesn't need to be strictly human). By shift I mean like a dragon, wolf, phoenix, unicorn, etc. that also has a bipedal form (straight up human/elven, demihuman, anthro... I'm comfortable with whatever there) to make that perfectly clear. I'm looking to pair that dynamic with a long term, active roleplay involving action, adventure, drama, and romance in equal parts. Think something like a Dungeons and Dragons fantasy adventure!

I have the potential here to be extremely active and love rapid fire posting as long as it maintains quality.

Let's also get this out of the way: I love settings that incorporate fantasy elements (Magic! Mythical creatures! Yes!) and shapeshifters/monster characters in general. If you come at me with a plot or pair that isn't listed below but has that kind of dynamic? You've got great odds that I'm interested in hearing it out and giving it a try.

Now, I'm going to steal a bit about myself and what I'm looking for from my other threads...

About Me
+ I'm very friendly and I love to chat OOC - in fact, I almost want to list OOC chat as a requirement but I won't go that far. I'm just very chatty and personable! If you want to add me on Discord to plot, chat, or whatever I'm happy to do it there or stick to PMs.

+ I prefer to RP with partners who are 18+, since I am personally

+ My posts are usually from 3-6 paragraphs. The shorter the reply, though, the more often I can reply back (I also tend to get pretty invested in stories I love... nothing makes me happier than rapid-fire responses back and forth that maintain that quality)

+ I do not like traditional doubling and focus on the two main characters (yours and mine), but I love having a diverse cast. To that...

+ I usually play a cast of characters, both genders, friends, enemies, neutral, one-off and recurring. It all helps to build out the world

+ I prefer MxF pairings but can play either role

+ I have no aversion to dark themes, no triggers. As long as you aren't breaking the site's rules, we're good

+ I really, really love plotting and world building

+ I prefer not to RP in threads

What I am Looking for in a Partner/RP
+ Write in third person past-tense, and be able to give me at least 2-3 readable paragraphs. Write with some detail. If I can't understand a reply I have a hard time replying back, so while I don't care too much about typos or grammar errors if they get to be too much it makes things difficult

+ Be able to handle occasional darker plots and subject matter. If you have any triggers we can discuss that beforehand and avoid them

+ Actively help with the plot. I love building a collaborative story or I wouldn't be RPing! ^-^

+ Romance should be included, but realistic - this doesn't mean slow-burn and it doesn't mean love at first sight. Both of those happen in real life, y'know? I don't think it's fair to try and shoehorn a relationship into a specific group from the start. I am just asking that you be open to it, and let the characters move at their pace!

On to a few example pairings and a few quick-hit ideas for each! If you have your own idea for a pairing or story please let me know - I would love to hear it.

Mercenary/Knight/Hunter x Creature
  • A mercenary, out for revenge for a past wrong, finally kills the man they're after - and discovers something unexpected: a (whatever creature!). Against their better judgement they free the creature from its confinement, not realizing that without anywhere else for the creature to turn they just signed themselves up to take care of it.
  • A town hires a traveling monster hunter to take down a creature that's been massacring their livestock. Except, the creature isn't harming the livestock at all and is desperately trying to solve the problem to get them to leave it alone. It sees the hunter as a potential partner in it and wouldn't you know it, they end up working well together even if they happen to butt heads.
  • Send me an idea of your own
Dragon x Anything (full up on this)
  • A community has been making regular sacrifices to a local legendary dragon - even though for decades the dragon has not actually accepted the sacrifice or even been seen, and the 'sacrifices' merely walk back into the village since nothing even happened. They continue the tradition as part of a festival anyway... and one year the dragon finally shows up again.
  • A young dragon, freshly leaving their clutch, is absolutely fascinated with the human world - but only knows about it from books. When they come across a human early on they latch onto them and try to get them to guide them through the world on a journey of discovery
Mage x Familiar
  • A novice mage, newly graduated from their magical academy, is ready to set out into the world and start solving people's problems. Only one step remains before they can go on their journey: they need a familiar, and no animal has bonded to them. As a last-ditch effort they go to a shady market in the city and discover a creature that has an unmistakable bond.
  • Suffering from a curse, a shifter comes across a mage and decides to join them as a way to try and have that curse broken

I've said it like five or six times in this post so I'll end it by saying it again: if you have your own idea that fits the dynamic of "a creature that can shift into a humanoid form following around a human" I want to hear it, too!

Last edited:
Bump with a note here: I have a female wolf shifter I would like to play. I have her fleshed out and would like to find an RP to place her in. Reach out if you're interested!

Hello! I’d be interested in playing a mercenary/hunter for hire or a mage for you, but am having some trouble sending a PM to you 🤔 Would you mind attempting to start one with me, in case the problem is just on my end? If you’re not interested, no problem, just wanted to reach out ^_^

Hi! I'm really interested in combining mage x familiar with a preference of playing the familiar. I'd prefer rping on discord. Shoot me a PM if you're interested ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back