Story A Blue and White Flower Crown ~ A CrisTales Fanfic ~ Cristopher/Willhelm

TripleThreatGay

I'm the guy you call "forced diversity"
Roleplay Type(s)
Cristopher stuck his tongue out in concentration, focusing intently on the flowers in his grasp. Crisbell watched him with an amused smile on her lips, but didn't move to help even when his fingers slipped or he made a wrong loop.

"Crisbell, they're wilting..."

Crisbell regressed the flowers in response to the unspoken request. "I could get Willhelm," she offered. "He'd be able to put a lock on the regression."

"N-no, it's fine. I want it to be a surprise for him."

Crisbell giggled brightly. "Okay, if you say so."

The flowers in Cristopher's hold were all white and blue, and were bright and lovely, kept that way thanks to Crisbell's regressions. Why Cristopher had suddenly decided to make Willhelm a flower crown, she had no idea - but it was a sweet thought, and she'd been more than happy to offer her assistance.

"And... There. Is it right?" Cristopher held up the flower crown for Crisbell to inspect.

She grinned and gave him two thumbs-up. "It looks great! Especially for your first time!"

Cristopher grinned, and moved to stand, cradling the crown delicately. "Thanks, Crisbell. I'll go find him now!"

"Good luck!" she called after him as he ran off back to camp.

She looked around at the field of wildflowers thoughtfully. "...Maybe I'll make one for Zas, while I'm here."

"Willhelm! There you are!"

Willhelm looked up from his book at the sound of Cristopher's raised voice, one eyebrow raised. "Cristopher? What's wr-... What is that?"

Cristopher came to a stop, heart sinking at the bewildered expression Willhelm had at the flower crown. He glanced down, worried that maybe it had come undone in his rush, but no - it looked fine, though the flowers were starting to wilt yet again. "It's, um, a flower crown?" he said, looking up at Willhelm. "Have you... Never seen one?"

Willhelm blinked. "Well... Yes? But I've never really understood the point in making them."

"...Oh."

Cristopher, suddenly self-conscious, hid the crown behind his back, cheeks burning.

"Cristopher? Did you need me for something?" Willhelm asked, brows furrowing.

"Um... No," Cristopher said, taking a step backwards. "I didn't. Sorry."

"...But you were looking for me," Willhelm said flatly. "Is something wrong?"

"N-no, nothing's wrong!" Cristopher said quickly, voice high-pitched. He took another step backwards. "A-and I was NOT looking for-"

"Cristopher, does this have to do with that flower crown?"

Cristopher fell silent.

Willhelm sighed. "Were you going to give it to me?" he asked gently.

"...Maybe." Cristopher stared intently at the ground, hoping it would hide his blush from Willhelm's sight. "But, um, just forget about it, okay? I-it was a dumb idea, so-"

"No, it's not," Willhelm said. "I was being rude. Cristopher, give it to me. You spent time and effort on it. I'm honored that you would think to do such a kindness for me. Please, I would love to have it."

Cristopher, with still-red cheeks, brought the flower crown out from behind his back and held it out. "It's wilting a little..." he mumbled. "I don't know how to press flowers, so-"

"It's fine," Willhelm assured him gently. He waved his hand over the crown, and before their eyes the flowers bloomed with life again. "...There. I've placed a lock on them so they'll stay like this forever."

'Forever'.

Willhelm genuinely planned on keeping his dumb little gift?

Cristopher almost felt like he might explode at the thought. He stared even more intently at the ground, and he heard Willhelm chuckle. It didn't help his blush.

"Thank you, Cristopher. I'll have to make you something in return," Willhelm said, and when Cristopher finally glanced up he was looking at the crown with genuine fondness.

"A-ah, you don't have to-"

"No? What about something I didn't make, then?"

"Huh?"

Before Cristopher could even think about what that meant, Willhelm moved, pressing a soft, feather-light kiss to Cristopher's cheek. He felt like his heart stopped at the action.

When Willhelm pulled back, he was grinning proudly, though his own cheeks were now a light pink as well. "There. We're even now."

In the back of his mind, Cristopher was already planning to make more flower crowns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back