• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom ✧ a blink of starlight ☆✧

Lore
Here
1658694580560.png

Baylee watched as Faerar passed her through the door way. Ebony black caught her eye, drawing her gaze to the inky lines curving and writing down the length of Fae's spine, eventually slipping beneath the fabric of that pretty dress Fae wore.

They walked down to the street, just outside of the apartment. Baylee stood behind her date as she wave down a taxi. They both climbed in and the skycar began forward on its journey to the restaurant. Bay let their knees touch and their shoulders brush without as much caution as before. All was fair game now that Fae had confessed to wanting a date with her.

As the skycar taxi pulled to a stop, Baylee took a moment to look out at the restaurant. Thick steel bars wound up a twisting skyscraper. Sapphire Oaks. One of the fancier restaurants on the Citadel. Baylee was surprised Fae could get a reservation here. After all, Sapphire Oaks was notorious for being hard to get into.

Bay turned back around and placed a hand delicately on Fae's knee, looking at her, as if asking for her to wait. Bay removed her hand- though not before lightly dragging it up Fae's thigh an inch- and stepped out of the skycar and walked around to the other side, where she opened the door to Fae's side and offered her hand.

silverline-script-demo.png

Fae shivered at the touch of the Captain's hand brushing up her thigh, but waited patiently for her to come around and open Fae's door. "A real gentlewoman," Fae said smoothly, taking her hand. The Captain's hand was not rough persay, but the way that her callouses rubbed against the smooth skin of Fae's own hand made Fae want to hold it longer--so she did, not letting it go once she was standing.

"Tell me, Captain, are you familiar with fine dining?" A part of her hoped she wasn't, just to see the fine, cool and confident Captain squirm when presented with four different forks. Her more generous side hoped for Baylee's sake that she was familiar. Though, it wasn't like anybody would actually say anything in such a fine establishment.

The pair walked into the curved entrance, a power couple if there ever was one. The host merely raised his eyebrows at the two. "Reservation for Brahea. For two."

The drell nodded, glancing down for a moment at his guest list before finding her name and smiling. "Right this way, Miss Brahea."

o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o - o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o

Fae swirled the glass of wine in her hand, smiling contentedly at the third glass of white. She was pleasantly full, the salad she'd ordered being surprisingly filling when accompanied by the soup. The freshest greens from around the galaxy, all imported with a variety of strange and compelling flavors. The salad may have been at odds with her sharp canines according to other species, but she didn't mind the odd question every now and then. She also didn't mind the variety of reactions she got when she showed off the teeth. Volus scurried, turians shrugged, and asari were a mixed bag of turned on and afraid. She wondered what Baylee must think of them.

"It feels strange," she began, "to keep calling you 'Captain,' since our relationship is obviously a bit...more than that. May I call you Baylee?"

1658697998640.png

Baylee, at first, wasn't sure what to do when she felt Fae's hand stay in her own. It took her a moment to come back from cloud nine, but when she did, she adjusted her hand, instead intertwining her fingers with Fae's delicate ones. As they walked up to the curved entrance, Bay caught glances of people looking. She didn't respond to them, instead choosing to walk in confidence with her date, chin held high.

When Fae asked if she was familiar with fine dining, Bay pondered for a moment. "I'm familiar enough," she stated, "I don't eat fine dining everyday but I've had my fair share of... expensive meetings."

o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o - o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o

Baylee took a sip of her own glass, also her third, and stared contently at her date. In the moments when Faerar's sharp canines flashed, Bay could barely keep composure. Stars, how she wished those pearly white canines would sink into h--"It feels strange," Fae said, "to keep calling you 'Captain,' since our relationship is obviously a bit...more than that. May I call you Baylee?" Bay blinked.

"Um.. Er- yes. You could call me Baylee. Or Bay, if you'd prefer," she stuttered out. As she did, her eyes flit down a few inches to the bare skin on Faerar's chest, before returning to Fae's gaze. It wasn't the first time she'd looked, and it wouldn't be the last, but Bay tried not to say much about it. She sent those thoughts to the back of her mind. "You look ravishing in that dress, sweetheart," she stated, a devilish smirk coming upon her lips as she said the new nickname. "Do tell me. Have you worn it before?"

Fae tried to keep the smirk off her face as the Captain--Baylee--Bay kept glancing down to the low cut v of Fae's dress. Obviously, she was distracting the poor captain. "Hmm, Sweetheart is better than Princess, but not any more suiting than the first." At least it was not bringing up images of an angry pink fluffball. That, she could certainly do without.

"Have you worn it before?" Came the Captain's question.

Fae didn't hesitate, though she probably should have. "Yes, and you wouldn't be the first woman to peel me out of it either."

Last edited:
1658699477585.png

Baylee blanched, a sweet pink creeping up her neck. She drew in a strained breath, her chest rising dramatically as her lungs filled with air. After she let it out, Bay cleared her throat. "So you're experienced. Interesting. Wouldn't have pegged you as such with the amount of work you do. Must be hard keeping the balance," Bay said. She looked into the clear white wine in her glass, swirling it a bit and watching it move. "It's a shame though," she said, moving her gaze back up to Fae's and leaning towards her, "Wish I could have seen you in it every time you wore it. That way, there wouldn't be another woman peeling you out of that dress. Just me." Her words were calm and rich.

Bay took another sip, though it was more like a gulp, and leaned back into her chair. "Personally, I've had my fair share of experience as well. With both man and woman. Though I'd love to see how you'd be different."

Fae couldn't help the smile that creeped over the rim of her glass. "A bit jealous, are we, Bay?" She liked the way the name tasted on her lips.

She shrugged. "As for the balance, it's true--there's not time for a lot in my schedule. I'm a very busy woman. To make it to my position at my age--it's unheard of. I am the youngest of my entire race to become a diplmomat and as such, I have to work twice as hard to make it half as far as many of my coworkers. I am looked down upon, thrown the worst work available, and am the scapegoat to many a scandal that I have to clean the mess up for. It's not an easy job. I spend most of my waking hours working." She looked down at her wine glass and gave a small smile. "But I wouldn't trade it for the world. The people I meet, the work I do, it's important. I'm making strides for my race. It is my goal to one day be Ambassador--perhaps even Councilor, should the Mother grant us favor."

Her smile evolved to a smirk as she looked back at the Captain. "That said, gaining relations and favors with the different people I meet comes in all sorts of forms. Sometimes it means attending stuffy parties and making small talk for hours. Other times it means bringing a woman back to my apartment and making her see stars."

She clacked her nails on the table--nails she would later drag across Baylee's back. "My relations aren't always for work though. Sometimes I meet interesting people. All sorts come through here on the Citadel. I've met a lot of beautiful women, of all races. Sometimes we go back to my apartment--more often to theirs, and get to know each other for a bit." A sparkling bit of relief in her otherwise dull world. "Nothing long term, of course. I'm married to my work, as they say. It doesn't make for strong relationships."

"And you, Bay? You going to settle down eventually?"

1658705337081.png

Baylee watched the wicked smile that creeped across Fae's dark lips as she asked a question. "Possibly," Bay replied, lifting one brow.

She listened to Fae talk about her day to day life. "Sounds... ambitious... and wildly difficult. Do you ever take time off?" Bay furrowed her brows, looking carefully at Faerar.

When Faerar continued talking, Bay fell silent. She wondered if that was all she was to Fae for a moment. A relation to get her higher up. For a moment, Bay wonder how far Fae could get with screwing a Spectre. Her thoughts were interrupted though by the distinct sound of Fae's nails rapping against the table. Bay blinked back into the conversation.

"Uh.. Uhm well..." She'd been caught unaware, lost in her own anxieties. "I suppose I'll settle down when I find someone comfortable with my lifestyle. Funnily enough, most don't enjoy a life of combat missions and constant travel." Bay waved a hand, banishing her previous thinking. "Anyways, what do you fancy me? Am I just a relation to move you higher up?" Baylee swirled her wine in her glass and took once last gulp, emptying the last of it. "Or do you find me interesting?"

Time off? Time off? It was almost a laughable concept. Even in a culture that was fond of dropping work and obligations at a moment's notice, Fae had not taken so much as a sick day in the past five years. It was to the point that she had to actively ignore and avoid the Priestess, who brought up the fact that she hadn't taken an avihe in that time either. Which...got awkward, when she had to make an appearance at the temple every month. But bringing that up tended to make people feel bad for some reason, so Fae just shrugged and smiled a bit. "Sure I do," she said. Time in the bath house counted, right? Thirty minutes here, an hour there...that was time off. And it's not like her work was hard labor. Parties were often what one might call "time off." It was close enough to the truth that Fae didn't feel bad about lying.

In any case, she continued talking before Bay could dig into it, finishing with a question to thoroughly redirect the conversation back to her.

It was to her surprise that she had caught the captain somewhat off guard, as the woman blinked and sputtered. What had she been thinking about? The answer was revealed soon enough as she asked the question that was obviously on her mind.

Fae smiled softly, feeling a bit bad. She'd somehow made the beautiful captain feel insecure. That wouldn't do, would it? "Truthfully, Bay, I have nothing to gain from this relationship. It will only complicate our mission. If anything falls south, we're going to be stuck on the same ship together, and that can get very awkward, very quickly. You're already obligated to share whatever information you receive pertaining the mission, and you don't have any more political connections than I do." She followed suit from Bay, downing the rest of her glass. "But I would be remiss if I did not get to know the most beautiful human I've ever met. Someone who radiates confidence, but also kindness. You're easily one of the most interesting people I've met, Baylee Rogers, and I admit--I'm rather fond of interesting people."

1658758127482.png

Baylee felt ease wash over her as Fae said the words. She leaned in again, placing her empty glass on the table. "You think I'm the most beautiful human woman you've met? How sweet, Fae." The words slipped out like smooth honey once again, all insecurities set aside.

She slipped a hand along the surface of the table, until it reach Fae's. With a gentle touch, Bay gracefully lifted Faerar's hand to her lips before planting the lightest kiss she could on the Ariete's bare knuckles. Her eyes stayed on Faerar the entire time. "I'm feeling a bit tired, wouldn't you agree. I think it might be time for us to retire to the apartment." Though Baylee's words spoke of sleepiness, her eyes spoke volumes to what she meant: Let's go back to your place. A devilish smirk had again found itself adorning Bay's expression and she gave Faerar a sly and so very confident wink.

Fae fought the shiver that tried to creep up her spine at the touch. Oh she had it bad. Holding on to every word like it would be the last Bay shared with her, Fae listened with rapt attention as the captain suggested that they go back to the apartment. It was a bad idea. There was a star in the galaxy for every reason that it was a bad idea. Going to a fancy dinner was one thing, holding the captain's hand and flirting had been fun but...There were a lot of ways that this went badly.

The thought did not keep her from fluttering her eyelashes and squeezing Baylee's hand softly in unspoken agreement.

The two got up from the table and left the restaurant, Fae's hand wrapped low around Baylee's waist, tucking her closer and scrapping her nails lightly against the high slit of Bay's dress.

Sweet mother--she didn't know how they were going to make it back to the apartment without tearing the clothes off one another.

1659214990204.png

Baylee's smirk widened into a cheeky grin when she felt Fae's hand squeeze her own in agreement to Bay's unspoken offer. She let her smile drop, replacing it with a confident smirk as she stood from the table with Faerar.

The feeling of Faerar's nails dragging up the high slit on Baylee's dress made Bay struggle to keep herself under control. So help her, as soon as they got back to the apartment, Fae was being pushed into the nearest wall. She waved down another taxi, opening the door for Faerar again, though not without whispering into her ear.

"You'll regret teasing me like that, sweetheart."

Last edited:

She could not help the soft gasp that flew from her mouth at Bay's threat, nor truly the wicked smile that came next as her hand slid across the Captain's back--lower, as she made her way into her seat, and ending with a soft squeeze of her ass. Her eyes narrowed to slits as she looked up at Bay, canines glinting in the streetlights. "No...I don't think I will."

1684006456194.png

Faerar's gasp was like music to Bay's ears. Fae's hand slipped down to Baylee's ass caressing it in reverant worship. Baylee shot a warning glance in Fae's direction, drawing in a breath for strength in this trying moment. A challenging smile crept up her face at Faerar's response. "You're a devil in disguise, you know that?" She remarked, climbing into the taxi and closing them in. She leaned whispering into Fae's ear, "I can't wait to see what sounds I can get out of you, Miss Fae." She ended the statement with a light nip at Fae's ear lobe.

When they arrived at Faerar's apartment, Baylee opened the door and gestured for Fae to walk in. She closed the door behind her. In a swift, fluid movement, Baylee grasped Fae's hand and pulled her back, pushing Fae into the door. With their bodies pressed together, Baylee's hand snaked down Fae's torso, before snaking back up Fae's back, her fingertips touching her with the lightest pressure. Baylee slowly dragged one of the straps towards the edge of Fae's delicate shoulder.

It was a good thing that taxis were driverless these days, because if there'd been a driver, they'd have received quite the show in the cab. As soon as Baylee had joined her within, their mouths had met, and did not break away for the entire ride. Indeed, they might not have at all--Fae felt like she was breathless without the connection, without breathing in her air--but they managed long enough for Fae to greet the doorman and then the receptionist, finding her only comfort in the hand that roved over Bay's ass, taking in its generous curve with confidence.

When the elevator doors closed, they found themselves connected once more, bodies pressing into each other. One hand buried itself in Baylee's golden hair, and the other roved over the laces of the back of her dress. Mother, this girl was her undoing. When the doors opened, they did not break from each other, instead leading a blind stumble through the hall until Fae pushed Baylee against her door. There, she fumbled, trying to find the brain cells to unlock the door, even as her tongue slid against Bay's lower lip. She groaned into Baylee's mouth, letting her frustrations be known. She wanted to get inside. She wanted to get these Mother-damned dresses off and have Baylee spread out on her bed like a feast--the door clicked.

Baylee, thankfully, picked it up from there, pushing the door open behind her, and pulling away as she did, gesturing for Fae to walk in. Fae, for her part, stalked through the door, more than eager to get on with the rest of their night. Oh she knew exactly what she was going to do to Bay. What sounds she'd drag out of that pretty mou--

Suddenly, Fae found herself pushed against the door, letting out a squeak as her back met it a bit forcefully. And there was Bay, hand snaking down Fae's chest--oh Mother--and up her back, dragging off a strap to reveal the soft pink breast beneath. Fae released a shuddering breath, trying to remember how she'd gotten here. She'd planned to take Bay to bed but now...they were here and...Fae's eyes dropped to Bay's bruised lips, left slightly open. Mother she had ideas for where she wanted those lips.

Somebody cleared their throat. "Faerar...I had hoped I'd catch you before you left port. I wasn't expecting you to have...company. Hello, Spectre."

Cold dread seeped down her spine, sinking into the core of her belly and cooling the fire there. Her gaze looked past Bay's tense shoulders, meeting her uninvited guest with a deep frown. "Hello, Mother."

1684008612604.png
Baylee almost drooled at the sight of Faerar's chest before her. She stared blankly at it, taking in it's suple appearance. She'd soon meet her lips against that skin and hear the beautiful sounds it spawned from Faera-

A voice cleared their throat and a cool strained voice spoke. "Faerar...I had hoped I'd catch you before you left port. I wasn't expecting you to have...company. Hello, Spectre."

Baylee froze, every muscle tensing under her skin. She straightened, running a hand through her hair and stepping back. Her other hand calmly- perhaps a bit sorrowfully- dragged the strap back up onto Fae's shoulder, covering her chest again. Baylee turned, keeping a steady, confident gaze on the unexpected company. She recognized the Ariete features similar to that of Fae's. "Mrs. Brathea. What a pleasure, if an unexpected one." Baylee flashed a charming smile.

Fae's mother gave Baylee a scathingly disdainful expression, enough that it heated Fae's veins with embarrassment. The humans, while a newer race to the galactic scene, had a councilor while the Ariete did not. This type of condescending behavior was not befitting of her place. Fae could only hope that Baylee would not draw offense to it. She would have to explain her mother's behavior later, if Baylee would allow her. It was not truly--hopefully--Baylee that her mother had a problem with, it was that the spectre was one of Fae's "dalliances."

"It's Commander, if you would, Captain," her mother said cooly.

"Mother," Fae gritted out, "The Captain meant no offense. She was addressing you respectfully for a married woman of her culture."

"I am not of her culture," her mother snapped.

Fae winced. It was time to redirect the conversation. This was obviously not going anywhere good. "What are you doing here?"

"Other than watching you get undressed by a human? So much for keeping things professional."

Fae burned with embarrassment, dark pink flush spreading down her neck. Who she did or did not decide to fuck was none of her mother's business. "Mother." She took a deep breath, trying to control her rapidly beating heart, and repeated the question. "What are you doing here?"

"Did you think a quick fuck would put you in better standing with the Captain? You always did know how to spread your legs to get what you wanted..."

Mother. Mother. She wished her own mother would die a quick death. Fae's nails dug into her hands. "It's not...it's not like that."

Her mother scoffed. "Oh, isn't it?"

1684010812086.png
Baylee took Mrs. Brathea's reprimand in full. "Apologies, Commander Brathea. I didn't mean to offend." Baylee watched Faerar and her mother quarrel back and forth. Her smile strained, dropping into more of a tight lipped smile rather than her usual toothy smile.

"With all due respect, Commander, I believe Officer Brathea's... relations are none of your business," Baylee stated with cool confidence, stepping forward. "I'd appreciate if you answered your daughter's question. Why are you here, Commander Brathea?" Baylee stared into the eyes of Commander Brathea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back