• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom ✧ a blink of starlight ☆✧

Lore
Here

elliphant

elli the elliphant
zxv95KE.png

Captain Rogers, this mission is of upmost importance. We have entrusted you with Officer Brahea in hopes that the both of you can bring back Ariete Ambassador Gallia Laurelis, who has been kidnapped. I cannot express to you the importance that they are found and brought back safely...and discreetly.
Citadel Council -

mission completion

current objective: - get off the citadel

Last edited:
silverline-script-demo.png

Click, click, click, click.
The tap of her heels echoed down the chamber halls. Her steps were measured. Precise. And perhaps, just a tad, more forceful than necessary.​
<What do you mean the Ambassador has gone missing?>​
<Sweet Mother, Faerar, I mean exactly as I say! We have not seen Gallia in over three days.>​
<I suppose,> Fae hissed into her omni-tool, <I am still struggling to understand if not what then how? Ambassador Gallia had a full-time protection squad around her. Do you mean to say that none of them know what has happened?>​
<None of them saw anything...> she could hear the distress on the other side of the line, but she hardened herself to it. No matter how many tears were shed, it would not change the current situation. The Ambassador was missing.​
<And this has taken three days to be reported to me?>​
There was quiet for a moment, then a soft, barely audible reply. <We did not want to concern you until we were absolutely sure...>​
Fae stopped in the middle of the hall. Pressed her lips together. Tried to take a breath...two...three. She would not respond in anger. That might have been how her mother acted when she was displeased, or her father might have acted when he was in a great deal of stress, but Fae was different. Until they were sure. They wanted to wait until they were sure. Three days. The Ambassador could be dead.​
If she was...Fae did not let herself think about that. She couldn't allow herself to think like that. Because the possibilities...they might just keep her from doing her sworn duty. Fae wanted to think herself above that sort of behavior, that sort of thought, but corruption was part of life. She was not above life. So she wouldn't think about it. She would just press the possible career advantages aside, because it would not be to the Ariete's political advantage to have a changing in the guard--especially so soon after the death of their previous ambassador.​
<Faerar? Are you still there?>​
<I am.>​
<What are you going to do?>​
Fae took another fortifying breath, then continued down the hallway. <The only thing I can do. I will take an audience with the Council.>​

SblKLVppjsNXRDdd3oOZJsUPy9BwRuZOVbdDeBTA96c1VWP6dKaabfhNQb8g4wWQV0xOldDHhQ_YxOE33mrX7DqOxn0__LIuDyxR6jQKyE4iNsXPVi5DurvwZ485ZJqpagLd73rE

Baylee let out a huff and pinched the bridge of her nose as she left the room. Stars, she was surprised she made it through the meeting. From the smug smirks to the off-handed comments and compliments, Bay dreaded every moment of her last meeting with Ambassador Leon. At least now it was done and over with. She hoped longingly that no further missions would be sent from him in the near future.

Baylee Marie Rodgers, captain of the SBC Endurance and one of the first human spectres of the Council Space, swiftly walked down the hallway. Her hair was whisked away into a tight blonde bun at the back of her head and her uniform wrapped around her torso, giving way to some of her curves. She had sharp facial features. Her brows were a darker, dirty blonde than her hair, and she had a small, pointed nose. Light freckles littered her cheeks and nose like the stars in the wide expanse of space. As much as she hated being so formal, Bay felt it responsible to dress formally for important meetings such as this one.

Baylee tucked the few wandering strands of blonde hair behind her ear as she let her mind wander. One of her engineers informed her of a problem with the boiler several hours before her appointment. It should have been fixed by now, considering how long her meeting was. She'd grab a bit of liquor from the bar and maybe a treat for her crew before heading back to the ship. They'd probably stay in harbor for a few more days before leaving off again so she'd have time to...!

Baylee turned a corner and was snapped from her thoughts as she slammed into an officer in front of her. "Ah, damn that hurt," she muttered, stepping back from her obstacle. Before her, was a beautiful Ariete officer with four slightly curved horns, slanted, green eyes, and pinkish pale skin. She looked frustrated, perhaps a bit distressed. Her body was slim and lean and it took Baylee a moment to collect her thoughts. "My apologies," she said quickly before dismissing herself. Baylee normally didn't like meetings with ambassadors and officers but if she was honest with herself, she wouldn't mind a meeting with her. She continued to swiftly pace down the hall, letting a soft, almost inaudible laugh at her outlandish thoughts. Back to her ship and her crew, she went. Likely, never seeing that officer again.

She had been distracted, putting in the urgent request for a council meeting into her omni-tool and wishing with every breath that they would be able to see her right away. Three days. She couldn't imagine. Anger and movement flushed her usually pale skin to a darker pink, the color staining her cheeks and neck as she made her way quickly through the Presidium, not looking up from her omni-tool. It was a recipe for disaster.

Her long strides were suddenly stopped as she slammed into--not a wall as she feared, but something damn near as hard. "Mother above--" Fae hissed, holding a hand up to her throbbing nose. "Watch where you're going..." she snapped, anger evident in her lilting voice before it trailed off. Her ears pinned swiftly back as she took in the sight before her. An officer. Spacer. Human.​
It wasn't as if Fae had never seen a human before. There were lots of them on the Citadel. They came in all shapes and sizes, really rather unique for an otherwise unimpressive species, but Mother damn her, she had never seen one so beautiful. They both seemed to take a moment to collect their thoughts, processing the other in front of them.​
Pieces of blonde hair had come loose from her blonde regulation bun, draping into a face dappled in freckles. Fae had to overcome the urge to reach out and tuck them behind one of the officer's rounded ears, but found it rather easy as she was instead captured by the human woman's eyes. Brown was a common enough eye color among humans, but such a plain word could not describe the vastness of color that Fae found there. She looked like she had swallowed molten gold. The colors shifted as the light bounced around her irises, brown, gold, honey, and sap.​
The world seemed to come crashing back in on itself as the officer apologized and excused herself. Fae blinked, trying to form words around an apology--she should have been looking where she was going, it was truly her fault for being distracted, for running into the human, but as her darkened lips finally opened to speak them, the human was gone. It took another several moments to get her head around that fact. She briefly wondered if she should try to find the woman to give her the apology that she deserved, but her omni-tool dinged, reminding her that there were larger priorities at hand than the prettiest girl she had ever seen.​
She checked the message. The Council was ready for her.

o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o - o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o

Fae's back was rigid as she walked into the council chambers. The four members of the council stood in front of their podiums, slightly above her. She tried to calm her thrumming heartbeat. It would not be the first time she was standing here in front of the council, and it would not be the last. She was an ambassador. A diplomat. An officer of the Nevostean space fleet. She would not be cowed, even as she looked upon some of the most powerful people in the galaxy.​
"Officer Brahea," Councilor Tevos began, her dark purple skin nearly luminescent in the bright light of the council tower. "It has come to our attention that your ambassador, Gallia Laurelis, is missing. Do you verify these claims?"​
Fae bowed her head. "Yes, Councilor Tevos. My team has been looking everywhere for three days. We have not found her. The Nevostean space fleet suspects kidnapping."​
There was a murmur of unease that drifted through the tower, onlookers startled by the accusation. Fae pressed her lips together, reminding herself that she had not made an accusation yet. They had no idea who might have done it.​
"What evidence do you have to back such a claim? Might your Ambassador gone on one of your..." The human councilor flapped his dark hand about, "retreats?" He eyed her suspiciously. "It's not uncommon for your people to go missing, Officer Brahea."​
Fae did not let the anger rise up within her. The human misunderstood. Racist. The word still managed to float around the back of her head, but she quickly pushed it away. "Sir, one does not go on a...retreat, as you say...without ample preparation and messages left behind to let others know that they have gone on a spiritual journey. The avihe is sacred among my people. If Ambassador Gallia was to go on one, we would know." She took a breath, trying not to focus on the human's sneer. "Ambassador Gallia's office or residences left no evidence of a note, nor any signs of preparation for the avihe. All of her personal items are accounted for. It is as I said. The Ambassador has disappeared."​
"People don't just disappear, Officer Brahea." Councilor Spatacus spoke now, the gravely nature of his voice suited to his looks.​
"Agreed, Councilor. This is why the fleet suspects kidnapping."​
"Enough," announced Tevos, as the Salarian councilor began to argue. A glare in his direction was enough to make him listen. "We understand your concerns, Officer Brahea--"​
"The Nevostean Space Fleet's concerns, ma'am," Fae interrupted. She needed to get across how serious this was. How in need they were of help!​
Tevos held up a hand, looking vaguely annoyed. A sinking feeling captured her gut. They weren't going to help. "I have summoned Spectre Rogers. She is one of humanity's finest spectres. I have no doubt she'll be able to help you find your Ambassador, Officer Brahea."​
Fae's ears rang. The tone was deafening. Anger that she had been working hard at suppressing was at dangerous levels. A single spectre? And a human spectre at that? They did not think this was a serious mission at all! They were placating her! The Ambassador's life was in the very balance and they were--The color drained from her face. She thought she might faint. Spectre Rogers had arrived. Her blonde hair piled in that regulation bun. Her blue uniform hugging all of the right places. Her eyes...swallowed in molten gold.​

Last edited:
SblKLVppjsNXRDdd3oOZJsUPy9BwRuZOVbdDeBTA96c1VWP6dKaabfhNQb8g4wWQV0xOldDHhQ_YxOE33mrX7DqOxn0__LIuDyxR6jQKyE4iNsXPVi5DurvwZ485ZJqpagLd73rE

Bay was almost to the bar when she'd received a new message. Groaning, Baylee reluctantly activated her omni-tool to see it. She hoped it was just her crew, letting her know the boiler was finished. She worked with the tool until she'd opened the new message. Bay couldn't help but let out a frustrated sigh. She pinched the bridge of her nose. Another mission. Missions normally took days to come in, not minutes. Baylee turned and very swiftly made her way back, headed to the council.

Why did they have to call her of all people? She'd just finished her last mission. Was there really no rest for the wicked? Baylee's brows furrowed in frustration and mild confusion. On her way, she fixed her hair, brushing any loose and rebellious locks away from her face.

o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o - o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o

Baylee heard some arguing and then her name. On cue, she entered through the doors. Her hair had been fixed to be in pristine condition. No rebellions strands falling from her blonde head. Her golden-amber eyes seared forward, not yet having seen her new client. She listened and couldn't help but feel pride rising in her chest as they filled in the client on who she was.

Finally, Bay turned to see the officer. For a moment, her eyes widened and a flash of surprise glazed over them. From the four curved horns to the slanted green eyes to the pinkish pale skin, now darkening with either anger or embarrassment, she knew it was the officer she'd bumped into in the hallway. Baylee recollected herself, returning to her strong, professional, and seemingly emotionless expression.

She gave a curt nod to the flushed officer. "Captain Baylee Marie Rodgers, at your service, officer," she said, introducing herself.

Baylee turned back to the Council. "I am happy to fulfill this mission for you, Council," she spoke curtly, though her expression said other things.

Baylee walked down the hallway briskly, as per usual with her. She had kept her professional appearance. She'd recieved yet another new message and Bay activated her omni-tool without missing a beat. A brief smile crossed her light pink lips as she read the message. The boiler had been fixed, thank the stars. She turned into a little bakery in the market. "Two bakers dozen of the Nigli Nut Muffins, please," she ordered, her voice calmer and quieter now compared to the bold, trumpet-like voice she'd presented in The Council.

She turned to the Officer. "Captain Rodgers, officer," she reintroduced herself, now a little less formal than before. She held out her hand for a shake.

Bay turned again to grab the muffins and exchanged the money in return. She continued to briskly walk until they reached the harbor and then her ship.

Last edited:

At least she seems as stunned as I am, Fae thought consolingly to herself as she came back to her senses. The Citadel was not a small place, and the likelihood that they had run into each other only moments before was so entirely small that of course she had been stunned to see the human woman there. Not just any human woman...Spectre. She had bumped into a spectre. Her eyes traveled the length of the woman, wondering what she had done to become one of the first human spectres. She had to have had an impressive military history, social standing...Fae realized that she was staring and blushed a deep crimson.​
The officer nodded to her and introduced herself. Fae just blinked, still trying to form words. What was happening?
Behind them, Tevos coughed, obviously trying to gain the two womens' attention. "Captain Rogers," she addressed the Captain directly, "This mission is of upmost importance. We have entrusted you with Officer Brahea in hopes that the both of you can bring back Ariete Ambassador Gallia Laurelis, who has been kidnapped. I cannot express to you the importance that she is found and brought back safely...and discreetly."​
Once again, Fae was left trying to understand what in the four realms was going on. She wasn't usually so slow, but today had been exhausting, and the information she had been receiving wild to say the least.​
Captain Rogers gave a less than affable acknowledgment of the council and her mission, but Tevos only nodded. "We hope to see you back soon, officers."​
Dismissed, Fae found herself following Captain Rogers from the chamber numbly, still unsure what exactly had just happened. Had she just been assigned on a mission?​

Captain Rogers led her through the Presidium halls, then down into the wards, not saying a word or giving any acknowledgment that Fae had somehow become attached to her heel. They ducked in and out of the market crowds with deadly efficiency, then eventually found themselves in a bakery. Fae had lived on the Citadel for years, but somehow, she had never been here. Captain Rogers seemed familiar with it though, as she ordered some muffins and seemed to relax in the cozy bakery.

As if remembering herself, she turned and stuck out a hand to Fae, introducing herself even though she had already been introduced by the council and by herself in the council chambers. Fae, at a loss for words, just stared. The Captain stared back at her, a smile on her pink lips. Frank, but friendly. When Fae didn't say anything, the spectre just seemed to shrug and grab the muffins from across the counter as they were offered.​
Wordlessly, they left the bakery and wove their way through the wards once more, eventually finding themselves at the docks. Ship activity buzzed around them, but the Captain looked determined as ever as they made their way to a medium-sized ship. It was nice. Nicer than she would have guessed for an Alliance ship. Perhaps the spectre had bought it with her own funds? She knew that spectres were allowed to take their own ship and crew, regardless of their governments. It was white and grey, smaller than most warships but Fae could tell that it was nimble.​
The Captain was walking aboard.​
Finally, Faerar caught herself. "Captain Rogers, wait!" She reached out with a hand and grabbed the shoulder of the officer's uniform before she knew what she was doing. As she turned, Fae quickly took her hand back. "I apologize, Captain. I just..." She blinked rapidly. "I am not ready to go on some sort of..." Fae searched for the word in galactic standard, twisting her hands nervously, "Mission...with you. I mean--not just with you--I mean I'm not ready to go on any sort of mission--It's just it's been years since I've even been on a ship let alone going into a potentially combative situation and really I think we just need to think this through. We have not even checked the Ambassador's quarters? I should think that you would want to do some sort of reconnaissance or at the very least check my team's notes and--" Her words got faster and faster until she finally stopped to take a breath. And as if her brain had finally caught up with everything, Fae remembered what ritual the human had been attempting when she introduced herself for the third time. Fae stuck out her hand for the human greeting. "I am Officer Brahea. You may call me Faerar."​

1624983246569.png

Baylee turned quickly, possibly too quickly, at the touch of Officer Brahea's hand. Her golden-amber eyes naturally bore into the officer as she spoke. She was silent for a moment after Officer Brahea finished, her eyes searching the officer's expression. Baylee broke into laughter. She doubled over slightly. Bay took in a breath, her laughter dying down again. She took Faerar's hand and gave it a firm shake before wrapping an arm around her should and pushing her into the ship. "Don't worry, princess. We on the SBC Endurance have it... mostly taken care of," she said nonchalantly. It seemed Baylee had completely let go of her professional act.

She pushed Officer Brahea into the ship with a light but firm force. Afterwards, Baylee led the officer to her office. "It'll be a few hours before we leave the harbor. That should be plenty of time for you to find you team's notes," Bay said, authority slipping through her bold, deep voice. "You are free to roam about the ship. You're not our prisoner here," she said, letting a smile grace her lips. Baylee lifted a hand and pulled a few pins from her hair. As she did, blonde locks fell to her shoulders. She took off her Captain's coat, revealing a skin-tight turtleneck shirt, it's sleeves reaching her elbows. "I'll be taking these muffins to my crew," she stated calmly, "you're more than welcome to join and meet them if you so wish. I'll even save a muffin for you." Baylee gave her a casual wink before leaving. "Enjoy your stay, princess!" She called as she left.

"Captain! You brought something?" asked one of Baylee's crewmates. They were in the CIC, the Combat Information Center, where most of her crewmates stood.

"Yes," Bay replied, raising the bag of muffins. "Call the rest of the crew. I've got Nigli Nut Muffins," she said with a friendly smile.

Excited, the crewmate lept to the intercom and spoke into it excitedly, <Attention crewmates! Bay brought a treat! Get your arses to the CIC before we eat them all.> The intercom reached all areas of the ship, communicating to all of the remaining crewmates.

Baylee couldn't help but smile. "Very nice, Sagen," she said, tossing him a muffin. Sagen was her newest comms specialist. "You're getting used to the ship's intercom programs quickly," she said with a nod.

Before long all of the crew mates had come to the CIC. They all happily ate on their muffins, enjoying their fresh taste. "I unfortunately have some bad news," Bay confessed. They all looked to her quickly. "The last mission was a little testing, I know, but we have a new one."

"Already?" A crew mate complained. This time it was Linton, one of her engineers.

Bay shot him a look to shut up. "Yes, already," she replied quickly. "The Ariete Ambassador, Gallia Laurelis, has gone missing. The Nevostean fleet suspects a kidnapping. Our job is to locate, rescue, and return her both quickly and discretely, as per orders of The Council," she leaned onto the large table at the center of the room as she spoke. "Right now we have an ambassador of the Ariete here. Her name is Officer Brahea and you will refer to her as such until she states otherwise. She is a guest and now formally part of the crew of this mission," Bay let her gaze flit over the crew sternly, reinforcing her message. "Officer Brahea is retrieving the security team's notes on the amabassador's disappearance. We'll go over them briefly before take off." Her voice lowered to a mumble as she stated a mantal note out loud. "I'll need to find a navigator too before we leave. Sapris left, the ungrateful brat." Baylee took two muffins from the bag. One for her and the other of Faerar.

Last edited:

The human laughed. Loudly. In her face. Fae blinked, for the seemingly umpteenth time today, caught unawares. She pressed her lips together, cheeks and ears and neck turning crimson in both anger and embarrassment. Mother knew she had been having an insane day. First the news about the ambassador, then bumping into an attractive human, then going to a council meeting, meeting the same attractive human and finding out that not only was she a spectre but she was also to find the ambassador, then somehow made her way all the way through the wards, following said spectre like a lost vorcha pup, and ended up in the docks. In front of a ship. Which she was to get on.

"Don't worry, princess. We on the SBC Endurance have it... mostly taken care of," the spectre said, her voice careless. Faerar did not know what a princess was. She did not care to find out. Taking a breath, then another--another--another, Fae found her temper cooling into icy hate. This woman. This human woman had no care for Fae, or the Ariete Ambassador. How dare she laugh in the face of a Nevostean diplomat? How dare she act like there was nothing more important than muffins when a woman was missing! Not just a woman, one of the most important women to her entire race!
But Fae was not her mother. And she was not her father. She would not shout. She would not even raise her voice. The spectre may have been assigned to find the ambassador, but Mother be damned if Fae was going to let the insufferably beautiful--what?--insufferably nonchalant, careless human get in the way of finding the likely terrified and confused Ambassador.​
She pulled her shoulders back, let her face settle into cold stone, and prepared to follow the Captain into the ship--that was, until, the woman put her arm around Fae's shoulders and pushed her inside. The pressure was light, but consistent, leaving Faerar no choice but to walk into the Captain's ship. A door shortly within led to the woman's office, where Fae was finally let go. Breathing...one...two...three...Fae straightened her jacket, though her face remained in a stoic, bland expression--even as the Captain began undressing. She did not avert her eyes as the coat came off, revealing the tight shirt beneath, but she instead tried to see through the Captain instead of seeing those toned muscles stretch and move beneath the shirt--Mother damn me.
"You are free to roam about the ship. You're not our prisoner here," Captain Rogers said, which drew Faerar's attention. Who had said that she was a prisoner? Why would that even be an implication? A knot started to form in her stomach. Spectres were free from council law. If she found Fae "problematic" to the mission, she could do anything she wanted to her. Perhaps this was a bad idea. Perhaps? Fae knew it was a bad idea. If the council assigned it though...Fae pushed the thought away. She was no spectre. She was not beholden to the Council's wishes, outside of those that pertained to her government. She could go wherever she wanted! Even Captain Rogers said so.​
As she thought of the Ambassador though, Fae resolved that she would have to go with the spectre if she had any hope of finding Gallia before she was dead. Spectres had resources that Fae simply did not. Even if it would be dangerous to travel with the spectre, she owed it to Gallia to try.​
That did not mean she had to like Captain Rogers.​

While Captain Rogers enjoyed muffins with her crew, Faerar stayed in the office, tapping furiously at the holopad of her omni-tool as she got messages off to her team and prepped for her absence. There was much to take care of in the next couple of hours, and that left no time for frivolities like muffins. She didn't want Captain Roger's muffins anyway. There was a woman missing. She needed to keep focused.​
<Please send C-Sec's notes to the SBC Endurance, I believe it's a private vessel underneath Spectre Roger's name,> Fae typed to her assistant.​
<Spectre?>​
<Yes, Spectre, Ensata. Do not ask any more stupid questions. We are running short on time. The ship will be leaving in two hours. I will need my personal items packed for me. My avihe bag will do.>​
<Yes, Faerar. Anything else?>​
<I want written testimonials from Gallia's entire personal guard, on duty or off. I want to know where she was a month prior to her disappearance and her plans for a month after. Also, all of my calls will need to be directed through the ship's comm specialist. Please reschedule all of my in-person appointments to vid-call.> Fae thought for a long moment, trying to see if there was anything she was forgetting. <And I want Spectre Roger's background profile.>​
<Ma'am?>​
<Is that a problem Ensata?>​
<Spectre profiles are highly sought after and hard to get into...>​
<Then I want every Nevostean hacker out there securing the information. Our Ambassador's life lies in her hands, as does mine. Shouldn't we figure out who she is?>​
<Understood.>​
Fae dismissed the omni-tool as she heard a noise outside the door. Narrowing her eyes, she turned and faced it, ready to take on whatever problem came through it.​

"Alright. I expect this ship to be ready for take off in one and a half hours," Baylee finally stated. "You're dismissed," she said, closing her meeting with her crew. Bay stopped by her quarters to change into more comfortable clothing.

She shouldered into the office, the muffins in hand. "Get ahold of those notes?" she asked. She gave a warm smile. Baylee's blonde, layered hair cascaded over her shoulders, which were now exposed in her tank-top. She also wore sweatpants and boots. "I was surprised to have another mission so soon," Baylee started, trying to be casual with Faerar. "I'd just closed one a few hours before the Council called me in for you." She handed Faerar the muffin. "Thought the crew deserved a treat for working so hard. That's why we stopped for the muffins. The last mission did not treat us well." Baylee sighed, settling into her chair at her desk.

Baylee had broad, muscled shoulders with a tattoo running down one of them. It was a sun themed tattoo, looking semi-ritualistic. "Now all I need to do is find a navigator in one and a half hours," she said, flashing Fae another warm smile. "In the mean time you can fill me in on everything you have so far?"

Fae couldn't help the scan she took of the Captain as she came into the office, somehow wearing fewer clothes than she had before. She coughed lightly, then put her attention back to her omni-tool, the glowing orange holo revealing several new messages already. "Yes, Captain, I did. The notes have been forwarded to your ship. I expect that they'll be on your consul whenever you get around to looking at it."
She knew eye contact was rather important for humans, so she did her best to tear her eyes away from her omni-tool, but there was still so much to be done, and she really didn't have the time to waste chatting with the Captain, so she diverted her attention between both. The Captain didn't seem to have much going on anyway, her chatter idle at best. She never understood the human propensity to "small talk." Ariete only spoke to one another if there was truly something to be said. Humans knew only ceaseless chatter. It was a wonder they had made it to space at all. Perhaps in a different lifetime they would have spoken themselves into extinction.
Faerar was contemplating this, hardly listening at this point, when a muffin arrived between her face and her omni-tool. She had better manners than to scowl at the bakery treat, but she wished to all the same. There were larger things at hand than a--Fae's stomach growled, a reminder that she hadn't eaten since early this morning. Her omni-tool read 17:40. Sighing, she dismissed the omni-tool and carefully unwrapped the muffin. Captain Rogers was talking about some excuse or another for why she had deemed it necessary to make the stop, but Fae couldn't really bring herself to care or listen fully, especially as she devoured the item in question.
Only once the muffin has gone, Fae focused her attention back on Captain Rogers. "Yes, well..." at the lack for a napkin, Fae delicately brushed any crumbs from her mouth with her fingers. "Ambassador Gallia went missing three days ago. It is not entirely uncommon for an Ariete to take some time away from their work, even if it's unscheduled, so at first, nobody thought much of it." Fae would have thought something of it, had she been kept in the loop. As one of the youngest ambassadors on the Citadel, and as the youngest ambassador for the Ariete, she was rarely kept abreast of anything truly important though. If she had known, though, would things have been different? Two days could be the difference between life and death for the Ambassador. "All of her personal effects are accounted for, and there was no sign of any note. She was last seen in her apartment on the Citadel, but seemingly has disappeared from it. The guards posted outside the door did not hear or see anything, and there were no signs of struggle within." Faerar frowned, then pulled open her omni-tool again and made another note to Ensata about the guard testimonials. "Her assistant made me aware of her disappearance only after the third day, as she wanted to confirm Ambassador Gallia's disappearance, and well, that brings us to today."
She typed a few more notes on her omni-tool. "That's all of the notes that I have so far...was there anything else that you required, Captain?"

Last edited:

Baylee eyed Faerar as she scarfed down the muffin. She dismissed it though, thinking that particular conversation useless. Her eyes returned to the screen. "Thank you, Officer Brahea," Bay replied. "Keep me updated on anything that comes in." She added, her eyes flitting up to meet with Faerar's. "In the meantime," Baylee paused, showing Faerar the screen, "is this at least similar to Ambassador Gallia's apartment?" The screen was an apartment layout Bay had pulled from the best apartment website online. That is, at least from the Citadel. Her brows furrowed as she opened another window, now viewing possible applicants for a navigator. "Damn, we might be stuck here for longer than expected," she said, taking a frustrated sigh. Bay pressed her face in her hands and grumbled something though the only audible words were: 'need a navigator' and 'leave in a week'.

She took in a deep breath and raised herself from her hands, letting one push the hair away from her face. "Officer, you said you haven't been on a ship, no?" She met the gaze of Faerar's, her golden eyes boring into them slanted green ones across from her. "So why did the Ariete send you?" Her eyes narrowed suspiciously as she leaned forward slightly.

Fae nodded her confirmation at the order to provide the Captain with any more information. Her team would be working nonstop to follow any leads on the Citadel and Nevos, which could perhaps save she and the spectre some time. Time that could save the Ambassador's life. With that thought, she sent off two more messages to a few people she knew on Illium, a place she knew that Gallia liked to spend time when she did not wish to be so known. It couldn't hurt to have contacts for this mission on every planet that she could get her hands on.

The Captain took her attention once more though as she showed the layout of one of the luxury apartments on the Citadel. "Is this at least similar to Ambassador Gallia's apartment?" Fae shook her head. "I'm afraid not, Captain. While the Ariete are excellent craftsmen, our financials have been on the decline since our war with the Batarians. Ambassador Gallia had an apartment in the Wards." It took only a few moments for Fae to pull up the layout on her omni-tool, then she displayed the image in a 3D holo, showing a far more modest accommodation than the Captain had originally been looking at. "Five rooms in total. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and an entertaining space." A quick flick of two fingers sent the same schematics over to the Captain's omni-tool.​
"Gallia didn't have guests over often. In fact, she was a rather private person outside of her duties as Ambassador. She would go out for drinks with other dignitaries, attend parties, but she always had a quiet home to retreat to." A pang, as Fae realized that she missed the Ambassador. While the two had never been close, and in fact had been political rivals, but Gallia had been a near constant presence in Faerar's life. The idea of her being gone in such a permanent way...Fae forced herself to breathe and focus at the task at hand. Gallia would not be saved by Fae's tears.​
She caught only bits of what the Captain was muttering, but the 'leave in a week' sent her stomach puddling. Surely she did not mean that the ship was to be docked here for the next week? The Captain had said that they were leaving in mere hours. What had changed? She wished that she had been listening a bit more intently to the Captain instead of drifting off into thought. Her muttering stopped though, and instead, Fae found those golden brown eyes staring into her own. She tried not to think of the way her heart fluttered when they did.​
"Officer, you said you haven't been on a ship, no? So why did the Ariete send you?"​
Once again, Fae found herself a bit offended, though she had no right to be. Captain Rogers only knew what the council had told her, which had been surprisingly little. "Captain, I'm a trained naval officer. I spent four years in the academy, studying naval strategy, weaponry, navigation, and xenopolitics. After that, I was assigned to several diplomatic roles--" she did not add that those roles had been that of a glorified secretary-- "before being assigned to the Citadel as an ambassador for the Nevostean fleet, not the Ariete race," she clarified. "My previous statement only spoke to the fact that I have not been part of a ship's crew in quite some time. And beside all that," Faerar hurried to continue, pushing the Captain's attention away from that fact and rather awkward memory, "The Ariete, nor the Fleet, have assigned me to your crew. Only to my mission: find the Ambassador and bring her back home."​

Baylee looked intently at the apartment layout, her eyes scanning for any openings. She looked up when Faerar mentioned the Ambassador's outings. "You said she goes to parties or goes out for drinks? Does she meet a lot of people. Maybe strangers?" She questioned before looking back at the apartment layout. "You said the guards were at the door. They didn't hear anything?" She inquired. Once again her golden eyes met with Faerar's sage green ones. "Hmm," She let her mind wander, thinking of possible happenings. Though she wasn't a licensed investigator, Bay did read many murder mysteries and books of that nature. She liked cracking codes. "If they heard nothing then whoever did it must've either been a pro or the Ambassador didn't do anything," she processed. She sighed again, her brows scrunching in thought.

Bay's eyes lit with hope at the word 'navigator' coming from Faerar's list of achievements as explanation for her appearance. "Did you work as a navigator?" She asked, almost interrupting the officer. "Would you say you're good at it?" Baylee continued to press. Her face had lit with hope. Perhaps they'd leave earlier than expected. "Oh that's fantastic. You'll be our navigator!" She said, her voice almost giddy. Baylee didn't like getting a late start to her missions. For one, it made her look bad and for another, it stressed her out. Her eyes flit away from Faerar to the time. "Shit.." she mumbled. "It's later than I expected. You should get some rest. Breakfast is at 4:00 tomorrow morning. I'll probably be up at 3:50 in the gym if you need me. Tonight, I'll be in the captain's quarters down the hall from your quarters," Bay explained all in one breath. She took in a breath and got up from her chair. "Here, I'll lead you to your quarters."

Fae frowned lightly as the Captain pressed on her background as a navigator. "Yes, Captain. Ariete ships often operate on very small crews, compared to human vessels. Many of the diplomatic missions I went on had me as part of the crew, not only a diplomat. I worked as the navigator aboard several vessels..." She was about to ask where the line of questioning was leading, but it finally clicked. Captain Rogers needed a navigator, and she intended to use Fae. Despite herself, her mouth popped open as the Captain confirmed it.​
"Captain, this is highly irregular," she protested. "Is the human Alliance not at all concerned with taking an Ariete aboard one of her ship's crews?" Fae bit her tongue. "I apologize, of course not. This is not an Alliance vessel, it is a personal one. That's quite obvious." By the size of the ship, the furnishings, the lack of order..."Still, I really should secure confirmation from the Nevostean Fleet that I am allowed to work aboard a primarily human vessel. And I don't even know where we're going, nor anything about your vessel! It could take weeks to draw a proper course." Weeks they didn't have. And if it would take Fae weeks, it would take a hired crew member perhaps even longer, especially with no vested interests in the timeliness of their journey. Fae closed her eyes and drew a breath. "Captain, I will require a day to finish getting my affairs in order and to understand the specifics of the mission. I am as interested in getting off of the Citadel as you are, truly, even more so. But we need to prepare correctly. We cannot go launching into space without a plan."​
They would not get any specifics done tonight, Fae realized, as both she and the Captain noticed the time. At least they wouldn't be able to leave tonight. Flight paths had to be submitted to the Control Tower before they would be able to leave dock, and since they didn't have a navigator...It put some of her anxiety at ease that there would be a bit more time to put a plan together. She needed a plan. This whole day had been nothing but one surprise after another, something she would have liked to avoid if at all possible. The discussion was put to the side though, in the favor of sleep.​
Her omni-tool showed a new message, which she quickly checked. Her bag had arrived. "Thank you Captain. Before we go though, perhaps we could stop by the dock for a moment? My assistant has arrived with my belongings."​

"Oh, I agree, Faerar. Having a client as part of my crew is something I've never done," Captain Baylee agreed, waving off the statement. "However, if you intend on leaving this port soon to go save your ambassador, I'd suggest you become part of the crew for this mission," she added. Though Baylee didn't love the thought of having a client as her navigator, she did suppose it would help a bit. They'd be able to leave earlier than expected and Faerar wouldn't have to burden Bay with twenty questions on the mission because she'd already be clued in. "The ship is fairly easy to navigate," Baylee said, using her omni-tool to send out a few requests to some agents she'd met. "I'll have you meet one of my most familiar crewmates to show you everything. In the meantime, I'll be scouring for any and all information I'll be needing for this journey. Everything should in order by morning tomorrow."

At Faerar's question for guidance to the dock for her belongings Captain Baylee quickly replied, "Of course." She swiftly led Faerar through the ship to the elevator. They got in and a door on the other side quickly opened to the dock. There, she soon saw what she assumed to be Faerar's assistant. Baylee walked with Faerar to the assistant and Bay briefly introduced herself as the assistant handed over Faerar's belongings. "Captain Baylee Marie Rodgers. Pleasant to meet you," she said, flashing a formal smile before turning to Faerar. "I could help bring you belongings to your quarters, Officer," she offered kindly, already grabbing a bag easily with her strength.

"I hope you find the quaters comfortable. You're free to customize them to your liking while you're with us," Baylee mentioned as the briskly walked back to the ship. When they entered through the door with all of Officer Brahea's belongings, the door closed again and this time the elevator rose to the top level, level one. Bay quickly moved again turning the corner before opening a door into an officer's quarters. She dropped Faerar's things inside before walking back to the door. "Sweet dreams, princess. Breakfast is at 5:00. If you need anything, I'm at the end of the hallway. Do try to get some rest," she said calmly before closing the door and walking to her quarters.

Baylee collapsed into her bed and laid there for a moment before finally getting up and fixing everything in her quarters for sleep. She then, once again collapsed into the bad, her hair cascading behind her as she lift the covers and fell asleep.

Baylee's golden eyes shot open as her alarm went off. Her brows scrunched and she rolled over to face her alarm before turning it off. Baylee never liked early mornings. She flipped onto her back and lay, staring at the ceiling for a moment or so before getting up out of bed. Bay got dressed into a pair of capri leggings, a sports bra and a muscle tank. She brushed her teeth and headed out to the gym.

The moments in the elevator were nice. Especially when they lasted this long whilst going from top to bottom of the ship. It gave Baylee a moment to wake up. Most everyone else was still asleep save for Stotn who was in the kitchen preparing breakfast for the crew. She always loved his food and paid him handsomely to keep him on her crew. When Baylee stepped out, it was into the shuttle bay which also worked as a gym and armory. Baylee reached into a bin on the gym side and pulled out some bandages. She wrapped her hands sturdily before walking to the bar. With a small leap upward, Bay had latched onto the bar with her hands, facing away from the elevator. She began doing pullups, her muscles working to bring herself up and slowly down from the bar.

Morning tomorrow. The Captain was certainly ambitious, Fae could give her that. It would help them on this mission, she was certain. Or at least...that was the most positive outlook she could spin on it. To think too deeply about any other effects that ambition might bring...Fae preferred not to think about it. Instead, they went in search of her belongings, walking back out to the hall and to where they came in. Fae caught a glimpse of the CIC as they passed, but didn't pay too much attention, knowing that there would be full time for a tour later.

They made their exit from the ship and found Ensata waiting for them. Her assistant was not much younger than her and wore the same military uniform of the black tunic and pants, though her skin was a fair shade more blue than Fae's own, which deepened to a purple color as the Captain gave her a rather formal introduction not befitting someone of mere assistant status. Ensata bowed deeply, not meeting the Captain's eyes, then chanced a glance at Fae, who watched in a somewhat amused fashion. The Captain certainly had a way of upsetting tradition, and she was glad that she was not the only Ariete that this had an effect on.

Ensata did not say a word as the Captain grabbed Fae's avihe bag and turned to the officer, offering to take her belongings to her quarters. Fae's lips quirked. The human was offering...even though she had already taken the bag. Strange creatures indeed. "Thank you, Ensata, that will be all. I'll be in touch about our next steps. We intend to leave dock tomorrow, but should you need me, contact my omni-tool first." Ensata just nodded in stunned silence, bowed again, then left.

It was for the better, Fae supposed. Ensata would have been the one to take up Fae's bags, but the Captain didn't seem like a woman whose mind was easily changed from its designated path--the current being to take Fae's bag to her room. She would not have wanted to see the fight that would have ensued if Ensata had been better up to her senses. Again, Fae was gladened by the idea that she was not the only one that was affected by the Captain's demeanor.

A small smile on her face now, Fae turned back to Captain Rogers and nodded graciously at her. "Thank you, Captain. You're very kind."

The two went back inside, and to Fae's surprise, the decontamination hatch also served as the elevator to the other levels. The ship seemed to be by all accounts a one of a kind. She wondered how much input Captain Rogers may have had on its creation. Had it been built to spec for her needs? Had she acquisitioned it? Fae made a note to ask later. Perhaps on the tour that she was getting more and more intent on securing for herself. The ship was simply a marvel.

It was a short ride up to the first level from the second, where she saw an officer's lounge to her left and a hallway to her right. Captain Rogers led her to the first room down the hall, the hexagonal door opening up to a small, but tidy little room with a bed and desk. Fae smiled at the sight. It was perfect. "Thank you, Captain," she said as the other officer got ready to go. "This will do nicely. I'll see you in the morning then."

Then the door closed, and Fae was left to herself. She took a breath. The first full breath it seemed in hours. Then she smiled again and got to work unpacking.

Morning seemed to come excruciatingly slowly. Fae had tossed and turned most of the night, even though the bed was more than comfortable. Things were just off. The room didn't sound right or smell right. She had become rather accustomed to her tiny apartment in the wards, and her body seemed to have forgotten that it had spent several years aboard a ship. She had gotten some sleep, but not much, and eventually had just settled for getting her terminal at her desk set up to her specifications, then replying to messages that had come in over the night. She still had many responsibilities as an ambassador, after all. They hadn't stopped when the Fleet assigned her to look for Gallia. She anticipated many long nights to come.

Finally, 04:40 showed on the clock, and Fae got up from her terminal, stretched, then dressed in her standard uniform and headed out from her room, in search of the mess hall. Perhaps, she thought somewhat ruefully, It would have been wise to ask where the Mess was. Nobody else seemed to out and about on her level, so Fae took the elevator. The controls were fairly simple to use, but she did find herself with the problem of not really knowing where to begin. She shrugged though. Now was a good as time as any to get familiar with the ship, so she ought to start from the bottom.

Level four, it seemed, was the shuttle bay. An impressive one at that, Fae thought as she wandered out from the elevator, glancing over the several vehicles that dotted the bay. Everything seemed tidy, which came as a bit of a surprise to Fae, though she didn't know why. Something about the looseness of the Captain had made her think messy, but that was obviously to the contrary.

As Fae came around the side of a combat cruiser, she saw that vehicles weren't the only thing the shuttle bay had to offer. The sight of the Captain's corded muscles, glistening with sweat stopped Fae in her tracks. She retreated a bit, thinking it improper to see the Captain in such a state, but couldn't seem to tear her eyes away. She only hoped she was hidden by the cruiser she was half behind.

Ninety-eight.. ninety-nine.. one hundred.. Baylee dropped off of the pull bar. Her arms swung down to her sides. "Damn, that one hundred is still hard," she mumbled, reaching for the small towel next to her. Bay turned slowly and casually as she wiped the trickling sweat from her face. As she opened her eyes, though, she spotted a familiar pretty pale horn. A smug smirk came upon her face and she turned away. "Oh I have the weights next. I wish there someone here to spot me," Baylee mumbled loudly, her voice lined with knowing. She walked over to the weights, a plan forming in her head. The question was, should she go through with it?

Baylee laid on the bench press seat and lifted the heavy weight from the break. She did one pump, lowering the weight to her chest and raising it back up. She did another pump. Then on the third, Bay let the weight come down quickly, acting as if the weight was too much for her. She let out a fake pained cry as she 'tried' to lift the weight back off of her chest. To add on, Baylee let out a few fake pained grunts as well. "Ah, help!" She feigned wheezing.

For a moment, Fae swore that the Captain's golden eyes had locked in on her direction. Great Mother! Stop being an idiot and just standing here! Even as every instinct told her to bolt though, she stayed. The Captain seemed to have either ignored her or not actually seen her though, as she continued. At least, that was the thought Fae had for half a moment, until the Captain obviously mumbled something loud enough for her to hear. Fae's eyebrows drew together, confused. If the Captain knew she was there and wanted her company, why didn't she just ask? And if she didn't want Fae's company, she should just tell her to go away! Anything would be better than standing here, unsure of what she should do.

Confusion turned sharply into utter bafflement as the Captain went over to the bench press and started lifts--obviously unsafe to do by herself. On one hand, Fae felt the urge to start forward and keep the Captain from doing something truly stupid. On the other, Fae knew the Captain was not stupid, and was playing some sort of game. She only wished that she was smart enough to figure out what it was or why the Captain was doing it.

Humans are very strange, she thought as Captain Rogers allowed the weight to "fall" on her chest, then cried out for help. Maybe it was some sort of test of Fae's loyalty? That was...mildly insulting, but it would at least be understandable. Fae was a foreign alien on her ship, with unknown alliegences. It would be best for their professional relationship to know where they stood with one another. With a small sigh, Fae performed a lift with her biotics, the weight becoming surrounded in a blue energy field and coming off of the Captain's chest easily. Fae placed the weight back on the rack carefully, using no small amount of concentration to be so precise, then turned her attention back to the Captain.

"Did I pass your test? I assure you, Captain, my loyalties will not give you cause to question me. As long as you are loyal to the mission, our ideals will be in the same place. There's no need for foolish tests that may cause injury to yourself."

Baylee sat up with a smirk on her face. "Biotics, huh? Interesting," she mused. Up close, one could really see the definition in her shoulders and arms. "I don't question your loyalties, princess. I'm smart enough to recognize that you won't pose any harm unless we part ways from the missions intentions," she added with a shrug. "Plus, I'm much more likely to best you in combat should it happen." Several scars could be seen along her arms, varying in type from burns to stabs to scratches. "And don't worry about the weights. The ones on here are below my usual lift," Baylee mused again. She stood and walked up close to the Ariete officer. "You're biotics are quite strong," she admired, her golden eyes meeting with Faerar's slanted green ones. She turned away and walked back to the press, adding a few weights before beginning to lift and lower the bar to and from her chest. "I see you're helping yourself to figuring out the ships layouts, princess?" she asked casually. Baylee enjoyed flustering the officer though she wasn't aware as to why. Normally she didn't have such an interest in a client. However with Officer Brahea, the Captain enjoyed being a bit flirty with her.

She quickly finished fifty presses before setting the bar on its hooks and sitting up again. She stood and lifted her shirt to let some air through to her rippled stomach. She let out a sigh and dropped the shirt walking over to the towel and wiping her face again. "Well, princess. As much as I'd like to continue your tour with you, I'm in desperate need of a shower. I'll see you in the mess hall?"

Princess. The nickname was starting to wear thin on Fae's patience. She had been curious last night and looked up what the word meant in Terran. She had not been amused. She pressed her lips together and stared defiantly as the Captain met her eyes. She might have been mildly surprised to find admiration in those golden orbs, but Fae didn't let it show, instead mustering the bitter coldness that had sustained her thus far in life. The Captain might have been finding things amusing or casual but Fae certainly was not. She was here to perform a job, and it was silly to be distracted with little things like how the Captain's muscles rippled underneath battle-scarred skin. Mother above, she inwardly moaned as she realized the direction of her thoughts. This mission was going to be harder than she thought.

"Yes, Captain. I was originally in search of the Mess Hall, but since I had no point of reference for my search, I decided to start at the bottom." She kept her voice cool and contained, even as her eyes followed each movement of the Captain's arms. She stood there for too long, watching, but it wasn't until Captain Rogers finished and stood that she realized just how long it had been. She cursed herself inwardly again. This was stupid. She was stupid.

"Yes Captain..." she said quickly as she realized the Captain had asked her a question. "I will see you in the mess hall."

At this point, Fae was convinced that the Captain knew that she was the stupidest, thirstiest Ariete in the entire galaxy. It was not a pleasant thought. She berated herself constantly for it as she made her way around, level by level, eventually finding her way to the mess hall. The food was all human, which wasn't exactly a surprise. She had only seen humans on the ship thus far, though she hadn't met much of the crew. Though it was 05:10, most of the crew was not out and about yet. It seemed breakfast was a rather blase affair, and not a strictly scheduled thing. Though perhaps that was because they were in port.

Fae wasn't familiar with most of the food in any case, so she picked out the few items that she recognized (an asari bread roll called kvae and some fruit from different planets), then sat alone at one of the tables to eat.

Baylee had come in almost immediately after Officer Brahea had sat down. She grabbed herself a few things for breakfast and sat across from Faerar. "Hey, princess. Enjoy your mini self-guided tour?" Bay mused, before biting into a biscuit. "The crew should be here at about 5:15? They like to sleep in a bit whilst we're in port," she explained, taking another bite of her biscuit. Baylee wore some casual travel clothes with her wet hair tied into a messy bun at the back of her head. It was already drying. "You know, you don't have to wear your officer uniform on the ship. You can if you'd like but if it's uncomfortable, you can change." She continued eating her food until it was finished. "How far did you make it on your tour?"

As she asked this, the crew came bumbling in sleepily. They each got their food before sitting at the tables. After a few minutes of them waking up and eating, Baylee stood up. "Alright, everybody! Attention!" Her voice easily rang through the room, grabbing the crew's attentions. "This is Officer Brahea," Bay motioned to Faerar across the table from her. "She has experience with being navigator on a few small crews so she'll be our navigator as well as our diplomat for this mission." Baylee paused, allowing the crew to mumble among themselves and give a few small waves. "Pitan! You were the closest to Sapris on the ship. I'll have you show Officer Brahea the ropes on the navigation systems of the ship." Pitan, her Turian crew member nodded and waved at Faerar. "The rest of you should introduce yourselves whenever you cross paths. You're dismissed."

Baylee sat back down and smiled at Faerar. "I hope you enjoy the crew."

It seemed that Fae would never be left at peace as the Captain came in shortly after she had sat down with her food. She watched as the Captain grabbed her own breakfast, silently hoping that she would decide to sit somewhere, anywhere, other than Fae's table. Of course, the Captain did not. "Hey princess" came the now expected greeting. Fae fought a frown, instead pressing her lips together into a thin line. "It was informative, Captain," she replied evenly in reponse to the Captain's inquiry.

"That won't be necessary. My uniform is quite comfortable." She didn't mention the fact that aside from her sleeping clothes, two more uniforms, and a set of active wear, she didn't have any other clothes. "I was able to survey each level of the ship in an efficient manner. Your ship is quite impressive, Captain. I was correct in saying that it was a personal vessel, yes?"

Not long later, the crew came in, each looking more sleep bedraggled than the last. Had they stayed out all night partying? What unbecoming behavior, but perhaps what was to be expected for a hired crew. She was surprised, though, to find a few nonhumans scattered about the crewmates that made their way into the room. She hadn't pegged Captain Rogers for an xenophobe, but she also knew the propensity for different races to stay with their own. That Captain Rogers had not only saught out but had also been able to keep nonhumans on her crew was somewhat impressive.

The introduction was...not the most graceful that Fae had encountered, but she did not shy away from the spotlight as the Captain introduced her. Her green eyes scanned the faces of all of the crewmen. No Ariete aboard, though that was not very surprising. The Ariete were few in number and usually kept to themselves. Still, Fae, who was used to being in the company of at least one of her own, suddenly felt a bit singled out--even aside from the grandios introduction. She dipped her head respectfully though, acknowledging the crew as they watched her.

Captain Rogers called a specfic crewman out, who waved at her in greeting. A turian. Fae dipped her head again with a small smile. That should be an interesting conversation.

"Yes, I think I will, Captain. May I ask, did you specifically seek an alien crew or did you take advantage of opportunities as they came? Not that it's particularly important. I just find it interesting." Especially since Fae had never worked with a multispecies crew. Her only experience had been aboard Ariete ships with Ariete crew. She supposed this would be an enlightening experience, and one quite valuable for a diplomat.

"Oh my crew? I simply found the best and most loyal people I could and hired them. It's preferable to me that my crew stays rather than me hiring again and again," Bay explained simply. "I didn't seek out an alien crew nor did I seek out a human crew. The mix just... happened. And I'd say they get along fairly well." Baylee shrugged. "After a while and some.. dangerous events, they become more like family. Any newbies, especially if they're young are immediately taken under the wing of another crew mate." Baylee was beginning to stand. "I do hope that answers you're question, princess," she says dipping her head in dismissal. "See ya later, princess. If you need me I'll be in my office," She said with a curt wave before she left the mess hall.

Baylee strolled casually down the hallway. She held her shoulders back and her chin up, her head slighting to the side. She enjoyed calling Faerar 'princess' she could just barely see how it bothered her via her pretty green eyes. Stars, Baylee loved those eyes. Sometimes, she'd wondered if she could get lost in them like a deep sage green forest. Bay shook her head, clearing her thoughts. She turned into the office and pushed away the loose strands with a long sigh. She had work to do and she had to stay focused on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back