• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Bird's Path

VulturePaw sighed relieved, letting go of his breath, thankful for the thunderclan patrol's disappearance, but his fur immediately ruffed at the pale apprentice's words. Rearing to snap at the tom, teeth bared as he spat out in a harsh whisper-

"I wouldn't have to hunt outside of ShadowClan if we weren't sharing half our land with a couple of mouse brained nobodies fox hear-" he was interrupted by the she-cat's words, forcing him to pause mid rant around the rabbit's neck, as he shook out his pelt hoping to stop bristling but only half succeeding. He took a deep breath to calm himself before speaking again.

"...I'm fine..." he grumbled, stressed out and tired from the past days, or maybe moons, obviously not fine. He paused for a moment to think what to do next, his teeth grinding at the skin of the rabbit in his thoughtfulness.

He was thankful for the two not yapping out for the warriors to shred his pelt to pieces, but he now owed them something in return. He knew from experience that for everything that went well, something was always behind it paying the price or counting it's dues, perhaps the only good lesson his mother taught him.

"Well, what do you two want?" he questioned, waiting for the two apprentices to ask for something return eagerly, maybe information about the land or to catch the two pay, whatever it was he knew he rather pay up now then it be held against him later.

Finchpaw only flicked his ear at the annoying statement from the other cat in regard to their newfound home. He knew his red pelted companion would give him another whack if he dared to say anything snarky in response.

Finchpaw could hear his wavering voice when he let out his words, clearly he wasn’t nearly a good liar as much as he was a hunter. He could see the grip he had on the poor rabbit.

When the other apprentice had asked the two Pineclan cats his question, the two looked at each other curiously. “What do you mean?” Fennelpaw asked as she softened her gaze on the other.

“I can’t have you two yapping at the gathering to my clan mates that I’m a thief, so what do you two want in exchange for silence?” He repeated annoyed at having to explain himself, thinking the she-cat was just rubbing his loss in his face.

He was edger to get out of their, feeling awkward and deeply hungry as his stomach growled, driving him to hunt again. He sways his tail in a growing frustration, getting up from his spot to cross into shadowclan once more.

“You two can talk and walk at the same time right?” He huffs, dragging the hare across the ground in his jaws harshly, wanting them to hurry along.

He would make quick work repaying then before he returns to camp, a fulfilling meal for SorchKit and SunKit on the ready.

The two Pineclan cats began to match the other's pace, still being a bit taken aback by his question. This normally wasn't how helping someone in their clan would normally go. Sure maybe some cats expected to get aid in return for help, but they were normally not so upfront about it.

"Why would we snitch you out. You don't seem like a bad cat, I believe it was an honest mistake." Fennelpaw finally got out from her daze, trying to reassure the Shadowclan apprentice. Finchpaw didn't really agree with her assesment, it just wasn't smart to start on that bad of a start with the rest of the clan cats. Plus it would lend truth to the fact that it might be harder to share prey with more cats moving in. It just wasn't smart.

Finchpaw nodded in agreement, "Uh yeah what she said...anyways it shouldn't matter too much as long as it goes to good use i suppose. Not worth the trouble of making Pineclan look like a bunch of instigators at the gathering...by the way.. when is the gathering?"

I would’ve responded during lunch but it deleted it aaaa//

Vulturepaw trotted through the woods, his pelt beginning to blend in once more as he entered shadowclan territory, leading them along.

“…Just have me pay up now, I won’t have you two hang it over my head later” He spoke with his guard still up as he swayed his tail back and forth.

He looked above the twisted trees at the sky, the sun hovering above the horizon for the last remaining hours of daylight to drag out. As he listen to the ginger cat to wait for his turn to speak, he could get the sense that the Tom was rubbed run by him.

“When the moon is full it’s a time of peace for all of the clans, no fighting over borders or prey as we join together at the four trees.” He answered, slowing down to respond to look the ginger cat in the eye.

omg nooo, its fine! it happens //

Finchpaw nodded, noting he would need to report it to Daisystar quickly. "I can't really think of anything I necessarily want, uh I guess just give me your name? We are bound to run into each other again seeing it has almost become a routine of ours.."

Finchpaw didn't want to ask anything malicious, clan secrets, personal secrets? Not really of interest to him, but he knew the other apprentice wouldn't give up trying to probe him for something in return. He supposed his name was good enough to him, it held some value at least if they were to keep seeing each other if the gathering were successful.

By this time Fennelpaw had gotten a bit carried away trying to scent prey, she was practically drifting off on her own, as she tended to do. Finchpaw always wondered why she would invite him places and then find a place to do her own thing anyways. Essentially she had left the two tabby toms on their own, which was probably not the ideal circumstance for any cat in their vicinity.

Finchpaw was then reminded by his starry dream, "Uh actually can I ask for two things, have your clanmates ever had dreams with...cats from the stars that felt more real than a dream should?" He immediately regretted his sentence, feeling a bit stupid for asking. The other apprentice would have a field day with this.

“…My names VulturePaw?” the apprentice answered, with a crooked brow, curious at the odd personal question in place for valuable information or prey.

He was leading the two around the border, hoping for them to drop off at their camp before returning to his own before returning to hunt, but that increasingly impossible as he realized the she-cat drifted away from them.

He huffed trying to track the now missing cat with his noses, sensing prey instead in the undergrowth, sighing at the bittersweet outcome of the aromas.

As he crouched, he assumed the ginger cat was trying to make small talk but as he listen he was confused at such a specific question.

“..that’s what medicine cats are for aren’t they? To speak with starclan.” He responded as he bent down to inch closer to the source of tussling leaves, tossing the rabbit aside away from the apprentice.

“…if you’re anything like OliveDew, having prophecies for dreams, then it certainly explain the air in your skull..” he snarky remarks under his breath before pouncing on a unfortunate vole.

Finchpaw nodded, taking note to remember, he was very awful with names, it took him twice as long than cats his age to learn his denmates names.

Finchpaw watched as the other hunted, as annoying as he was, he seemed to be quite skilled at it. He had scented and caught the vile much more efficiently than he ever could.

“Starclan isn’t actually real though is it? Everyone thinks Dusktail is a bit odd for actually believing in it. It is surely a nursery tail to scare kits to behave like a good warrior.” Finchpaw thought back to how Dusktail often would preach, some of the elders even agreed with him, though most of those seemed to have sadly passed.

Finchpaw scowled at the insult thrown at him by Vulturepaw, but decided to ignore it, he needed to get more information on what these clans thought of Starclan.

VulturePaw looked at the other apprentice with a mix of disbelief and pity as the tom spoke of Starclan. How was PineClan be any different to a large group of rouges without a real leader or medicine cat.

He paused, he himself not all that well off with StarClan given his history as medicine cat apprentice and how the stars seemed to use him to get a good laugh out every chance they get, but he knew their ancestors were real. He tried to never think too deeply about their cruelty, but he knew them true since the day before his mother became deputy, the past deputy returning from battle in pieces and the leader returning without a scratch, reborn from his lose life.

"...How does your leader get their nine lives?" He asked, now deeply curious about life in PineClan, wondering about how the cat's could function with ever cat equal to one another, the thought making him a bit jealous unexpectedly.

'In a clan without warriors tearing into one another to climb the social ladder, without the role of medicine cat, and without cats looking down on the other, it began to sound that PineClan wasn't all that bad.' He went over internally, deep in thought.

Finchpaw feared he may be giving out too much information about Pineclan, though he could sense Vulturepaw’s curiosity bursting through the seams. It made him feel smart, and who was he to object to feeling that way.

“If Starclan gives you nine lives consider me a believer!” Finchpaw was amazed that that could actually be a reality. Sure it came with the struggle of leading a clan but, it made him feel invincible at the thought.

“Our leader’s don’t get nine lives, though with the work they do to get that role they should. Can Starclan really do things like that? I can’t imagine it. But why would a Starclan cat come to me in my dreams if I have no faith in them.” Finchpaw said the last part to himself quieter. “They seem a bit foolish don’t they?”

VulturePaw listen to the apprentice intently, catching on to every word to learn more about the suddenly interesting new clan.

“Leaders get their nine lives at the moon pool, located deep in the abandoned twoleg mines where the stones glow so brightly you can see your ancestors amongst your reflection as they gift you.” He recited his knowledge from OliveDew, liking the refreshing feeling of having a conversation with an apprentice of equal standing.

He paused for a moment, unsure of how to respond to the last of PineClan apprentice’s words, tossing the vole into the air to snappily catch it in his teeth to avoid awkward silence.

“I don’t think any cat is really all that sure how starclan works, that’s why they still do terrible things to us.” He sighs looking up at the stars at the troubling thought that’s been brewing in his thoughts for a while, uncomfortable at confronting that maybe his own bloodline was out to get him.

“…maybe the dark forest controls our fates too.” He spat under his breath, bristling at the thought of FoggedGaze being right.

Finchpaw looked at Vulturepaw, how would it feel to be raised with faith in starclan like his own. Despite obviously having crossed him he still continues to believe in them. Finchpaw didn’t think he could ever do the same, but if they were reaching out to him, would he be stupid if he refused?

“There are lessons in everything, bad or good, but to push them onto a cat is somewhat cruel…if they are real though i suppose they know better than me though.” Finchpaw shrugged, looking at the slightly swaying grass, the breeze was colder than it was the day before.

In the tension that they had built with questioning the others beliefs, Fennelpaw seemed to think it was a perfect time to make her appearance.

“Stupid squirrel got away from me, those things are too fast to be real. Creepy little critters they are…” Fennelpaw’s tail lashes slightly, clearly mad that she had missed her chance to get a good meal.

The blue tabby looks up to the sun to measure the time, seeing he should start heading back to camp as the cool breeze blows through his pelt.

The she-cat interrupting him, alerting him of his growing hungry, and how hungry the two kits in the nursery were as well.

“I suppose that’s my cue to leave..” he spoke disappointed in leaving the interesting conversation, unaware of his craving for an eye to eye talk.

“…what is your names?” He asked, having a feeling he’d run into the both of them again, more specifically the brownish ginger Tom.

"Finchpaw and the annoying one is Fennelpaw." The orange tabby spoke clearly, motioning his head towards the she-cat. "See you at the gathering then I suppose." Finchpaw had said, with no hint of sarcasm for once.

He turned around, Fennelpaw following his lead, and began to bound towards their new camp. He had to admit the blue tabby had started to grow on him. He guessed Fennelpaw was correct in her assumption that he wasn't a bad cat. He seemed to be more of a porcupine than a cat. A spiky exterior, though he craved the warmth of others.

"Seems you made a new friend I take it?" Finchpaw was dragged from his thoughts once again by Fennelpaw. "I wouldn't say that, but it is good to have some sort of allies in the other clans. Could've done you some good if you had actually stuck around." The tom teased, Fennelpaw responded with a soft nip to his ear.

The two had made it to camp, tired and with some prey they had caught on the way home. The hunting trip had taken much longer than he expected, he had almost forgot about asking Dusktail about Starclan. He quickly dropped it into the pile of fresh kill, and bounded towards the leaders den, often during this time he should be reporting back to Daisystar, at least he hoped.

He made his way to her new den, it had already been decorated with her extravagant bundles of herbs and other greenery she tried to keep on hand in case a cat grew ill. Dusktail's messy grey pelt was showing at the entrance, his tail seemed to fluff out more than most, Finchpaw always knew he was more on edge than the others. He waited for Dusktail to turn his way and head out before speaking.

"Dusktail, can I have a word with you?" Finchpaw managed to squeak out despite the nerves, his mentor of course nodded. He was always the type of mentor to question how his apprentice was feeling before every training session. This at first disturbed Finchpaw but he has learned to treasure having someone so close to a father without one of his own.

"Let's go out on the hill. It should be quieter that way." Dusktail quickened his pace, Finchpaw was glad he seemed to read his mind and suggest the privacy before he had too. When the two toms had reached the hill, the sun casting an orange hue onto the grass and trees below.

"I think I got a prophecy from Starclan." Finchpaw let out urgently, he got some closure from Vulturepaw, but yet he still had no idea what it meant in the slightest.

“VulturePaw, VulturePaw, VulturePaw!” Yelped the two kits as they grab ahold of the tom’s legs, weighing him down as he delivered the white rabbit to the Queen, PrickleCall.

As soon as he kicked the two kits off, they would squeal as they race back to the Tom to sit on his feet, as if he didn’t already have a lot of trouble getting around, he huffs.

“Thank you VulturePaw.” The older brown she cat sighs, accepting the prey gratefully as she took small bites.

He nods, shaking SunKit and ScorchKit off much to the mother’s dismay as if they were made of glass. Sometimes he found himself seeing Pantherstep in her place with how protective she was, but after losing her mate and clan deputy, PounceFire, any cat would become a bit possessive.

Recounting his appreciative duties in his head, getting moss for the elders, herbs for the medicine cat, patrolling with warriors, and training with his mentor, he groans overwhelmed but too stubborn and determined, fearing to be called lazy by his peers.

As he raced around getting tasks done, he couldn’t help but look at the other older apprentices, born in the spring a moon before him. He watched jealously as EaglePaw and HollowPaw took their duties at their own pace, and internally seething as AntPaw chatted with his mom as she adored the her kin as her ‘young warrior’.

He had to resist stopping his foot like a feisty kit, clutching at the herbs in his jaws at the thought that he had to do so much more just to be at equal standing of such lazy cats. He was sure he was only upset by their wasting precious time to golly about, and nothing more.

As the sun went down hours ago, he could finally rest, slipping into the apprentice den past the others to his own nest.

He settled in, curling in on himself in the den, separated from the others in the corner of the hollowed log, his back facing thorns. He looked up at the stars through the den’s holes to pass the time as he waited for sleep to consume him, seeing the moon almost full.

At least in a day or so after the gathering, he’ll have the apprentice den entirely to himself after they each gain their warriors name, he comforted himself from the stressful day.

He went to sleep, smiling at the thought, despite always sleeping a den away from the rest meaning the empty den would make no difference.

Ignore the dice btw, my mistake//

Last edited:
Dusktail stared at his apprentice with wide eyes. “But…you have no faith in starclan. Why would they talk to you…” The grey tabby had recounted the times in which his orange apprentice had scoffed at every mention of the entity.

“I know it’s weird but they said that United the two clans of Pines will become stronger, first the water will rise.” Finchpaw looked around at the setting sun, flexing his claws.

Dusktail sighed, he was somewhat relieved that he finally had some sort of connection with his ancestors. No cats ever since the passing of his mother and the elders ever believed they existed. “I cant say I could ever give you an accurate meaning to their message, which is probably what you want.” dusktail saw the apprentice’s head hang low.

“You’re bright Finchpaw, I’m sure you can make it out, if not they’ll send another message our ancestors want us to succeed.” The apprentice sat in thought, Dusktail’s thoughts on starclan and Vulturepaw’s seemed vastly different. The pit in his stomach only seemed to grow as he thought about his own feelings on them.

“Thank you Dusktail. You’ll be the first to know if I hear anything else…” Finchpaw began to walk before looking back to Dusktail, “By the way the gathering is during a full moon at a place called four trees. Please tell Daisystar, goodnight Dusktail.” The tabby waved his tail as he made his way over to his den. Settling in comfortable in his nest. Cursing himself for getting so carried away with the activities of the day that he forgot to get extra feathers for his nest.

That night he slept without the surreal dreams of the night before. Though it wasn’t entirely empty, he saw the blue tabby staring at him from afar.

The tom yawned as he trotted beside his mentor for the early training session, embarrassingly having to be woken up by PantherStep thanks to how late he stayed up for his duties.

He promised himself he would do well to redeem himself, but his tired body begged to differ.

VulturePaw's mentor has taken the time to offer mentors a training session as a way for their apprentices to demonstrate their skills to one another, all but one rejected after the apprentice seemed so eager to train with FlowerLeap's apprentice.

NettleWeb seemed indifferent, but BeetlePaw was eager to take on the session with VulturePaw. The two were born in close time to one another, BeetlePaw, a social butterfly, seemed to think it was her job to try and reach out to the blue tabby every once in a while.
VulturePaw could do without the black she-cats attempt at friendship, as they had nothing in common.

The group settles by the lake near the Thunderclan border, the dark apprentice attempting small talk.

“Ready to showdown?-“ she playfully attempts before adding a backtrack in an attempt to be on the blue tom’s good side.

“- Not that winning matters! It’s the practice that counts after all.” She smiles, trying to be considerate to her fellow apprentice, the tabby finding it grating his nerves.

The mentors established the rules, wanting to ensure a friendly scuffle between the two wouldn’t get out of hand, the mentors advising their apprentices privately.

“-and remember that-“ VulturePaw’s mentor continued before being interrupted by her apprentice.

“-I think we get the gist FlowerLeap.” He sighs, seeing the red and white she-cat as overbearing.

Despite the tom trying his best, the other apprentice was faster, dodging his blows only to aim for his sides in hopes to knock him down. He growls under his breath, knowing BeetlePaw was going easy on him as he bites at her black pelt, missing again. She gently swipes at his back, his irritation causing him to snap as he claws unsheathed, leaping at the cat with all his might.

She easily dodges, however, causing his momentum to bend his legs shoving his face into the ground as fell to his side, out of breath.

“…you almost had me!” The black kit laughs, lying to try to comfort him, not ruffled by the fight. She bounds off to her mentor, whispering to the tawny pelted she-cat in a soft murmur.

He gets back on his feet with a tired sigh, his mentor saying something to him but lacking the attention to concentrate on her. His hidden anger ran under his pelt forcing him to read the apprentice's lips.

“-I feel kind of feel bad for him you know, I couldn’t help but go easy-“ she was interrupted as VulturePaw called attention to himself, standing up with a glare. She changes her focus to the blue tabby, seeing his stance knowing he wanted a rematch, watching as his chest expands and deflates with air.

“I don’t think that’s necessary- Oh!” She yelps as the tom barrels at her, his head hitting in the chest, forcing her onto her two back feet. Her claws drag through the dirt as the blue tom pushes at her underbelly like a bull, she tries exclaims a truce-

“Listen, VulturePaw I just-“ her breath is shoved out of her chest as the larger apprentice gains ground, instantly using it to drag the lighter cat forwards towards the sunset rising over the lake. As he tossed his head back, he pushes the black cat forward, BeetlePaw landing on her back into the water, her pelt getting dunked in the cold water. “BeetlePaw!” NettleWeb calls out, racing to get to her apprentice.

BeetlePaw shivers, the morning water and winds making her pelt frigid, the two warriors racing to help her up. FlowerLeap turns around, ready to fiercely scold her apprentice for being too rough, only to find the VulturePaw gone.

Last edited:
Finchpaw had awoken at his usual early time, right before sunrise. He found that he enjoyed sitting by himself in the morning cold air. The camp was also usually empty and quiet around this time which he found comforting.

He heard a stir coming for the leader’s den, his ears pricked into its direction. He saw as Dustail’s tabby pelt emerge from the dark opening. He let himself run over towards his mentor. “You’re not usually up this early.” Finchpaw commented as his mentor turned to look at the sound of paw steps.

“Well I needed to tell Daisystar about the prophecy you got.” Dusktail’s eyes seemed tired, he was making his way over to the warriors den, probably to catch up on his missed sleep.

“Well what did she say?” The orange apprentice inquired. “She thinks it was just a dream.” Dusktail sighed, it was hard to believe so honorably in something and to be continuously laughed at for it. He had hoped that a prophecy and proof of his ancestors communicating would be enough to sway other cats into believing him.

“Furthermore, she doesn’t want us to tell other cats, she thinks it’ll only cause issues in the clan.” Dusktail sounded thoroughly defeated, Finchpaw had never seen him like this before.

“Surely she can’t be serious, this could be huge we need to listen to Starclan!” Finchpaw tried to reason with his mentor, though he only shook his head.

“Don’t you think I tried to tell her that? Trust me I have been up all night trying to convince her. Just drop it.” Dusktail padded over to his den with his tail hanging low.

Finchpaw felt stupid, stupid for actually believing some higher entity was real, or even that they would talk to him of all cats. He could feel his ears burning with anger, all he could do was run.

The cold wind blasted his face as he made his way outside of the camp. He seemingly ran for awhile before he tripped over an unruly branch lying on the ground.

VulturePaw felt like crow food as he walked deeper into the woods, guilt sinking into his coat the more he thought. He knew the right thing was to run back to the patrol to apologize to BeetlePaw for soaking her, but he felt too embarrassed and prideful to admit he took it too far as she had probably already been dosed in pity by the pair of warriors.

He then thought about what she said, how she, and every other cat, thought any fight he entered he would lose. His pelt felt hot in frustration and bitterness but the cold from guilt early remained, causing his fur to spike uncomfortable. He walked through the brown leaves of fall, the nice morning dew causing the environment to be beautiful but cold as he hoped to calm himself.

He just wished that his clanmates would undermine him just a little less, as he saw himself fit to be a warrior as good as any cat. He sometimes wondered if it was all in his head, the blue tabby making himself an outcast, knowing that the little things they did weren't meant to cut him so deeply but also aware that they made no effort to change it.

His mind became cloudy in thoughts, but the fog in his head cleared as he heard a branch to his right snap and stumble along with the compliments of a ginger tom. Looking over the hill to the source of the sound, where the new border to Pineclan seemed to be established, he sees a familiar face.

"Nice change of pace I'm not the only one stumbling around for once." VulturePaw comments, the two-legged cat making his way to the tabby, edger to distract himself from all the problems that came with being an apprentice with FinchPaw's appearance.

Finchpaw stood up after the tumble, shaking scraps of leaves and twigs from his fur. He looked out to see the blue tabby staring at him from their side of the border. "I only need to do it two more times so we can be even." Finchpaw groomed his fur, not wanting the feeling of being dirty.

"I wonder if there will be one encounter where we don't stumble into each other...What are you doing out so early anyways? Or are shadowclan cats always this punctual?" Finchpaw padded closer to the edge of their borders, but not yet entirely over the border just yet.

"Training..." the blue tabby responds flatly, obviously not wanting to elaborate on the specifics of his and BeetlePaw's session. He walks down the hill to meet the ginger tabby as the apprentice grooms his pelt, where he is closer to an expectation of the tom, he sees he's ruffled from more than the fall as the yellow cat's eyebrows crease.

"Looks like I'm not the only one who has issues with their clanmates.." he guessed from FinchPaw's running from Pineclan camp and how the apprentice's breathing was labored. He sits, his tail curling around him wanting nothing more than to hear another cat's complaints outweigh his own.

The wind starts to grow warm again as the sun rises above the orange clouds, rising sufficiently above sunset.

Finchpaw had stopped grooming himself, surprised Vulturepaw could notice how he was feeling to an extent. "Yeah I guess you could say that, I can't stand the thought of not being taken seriously, let alone seeing it happen right in front of me." Finchpaw's tail lashed slightly in anger and unease.

"Daisystar is adament in my prophecy from Starclan just being a dream." He flexed his claws, digging into the dirt. "I know what I saw though, it wasn't any ordinary dream." He stared up at the blue tabby, "It's hard to believe your whole clan takes Starclan seriously. I don't think mine ever will, even if they descended themselves from the stars in front of them." He sighed, his breathing now becoming more stable.

"What's got your fur in a bunch? If you don't mind spilling of course."

The blue tabby nodded along as FinchPaw vented, deeply relating to the ginger's feelings of having to prove himself. VulturePaw struggled to grasp how Pineclan couldn't believe in starclan though, as he felt every turn was twisted and turned into their web of fate whether for the good or worse, almost always worse.

The two-legged tom was at pause when it was his turn to speak, not wanting to come off as a fox-heart so soon to just meeting the new apprentice by describing how he treated BeetlePaw. He hoped he could word it in a way where the apprentice didn't come off as such a jerk, especially with the first cat who was able to meet him eye to eye.

"...Every fight I'm in, every step I take, I'm expected to fail. Sometimes I can't decide if my clanmates hate me or feel sorry for me..." he sighs, stopping himself from spilling all his baggage onto the apprentice. Finchpaw only just met him and could still be trying to trick him for his own gain in some way, but while the potential illusion was still up, why not indulge?

"I had a training session today... suppose to be a friendly battle between apprentices, but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't catch up to her speed. She beat me fairly, and treated me well enough, even though that might be out of pity, but I ended up tossing her into the lake!" he sighs, his tail swaying behind him dusting leaves off the ground.

"...I think BeetlePaw thinks it's her job to try and reach out to me, the loner, every once in a while. I just don't appreciate being everyone's charity case." he huffs, his anger leaving him as he spoke as if it left him in hot breaths. He turned his eyes back up to FinchPaw, hiding his fear that he may have shared too much and invaded the little bond the two did have.

Last edited:
Finchpaw’s mouth was somewhat agape while he listened to the other’s story. He quickly shut it before Vulturepaw could see. He suspected the other got carried away in emotion, he couldn’t blame him for that, he did the same.

The tom nodded in understanding. “I’m sure she meant well..It’s hard to tell other’s true intentions though so I don’t blame you for getting upset.” Finchpaw awkwardly shuffled, he wasn’t so used to comforting others, oftentimes being the one needing the comfort.

“Fennelpaw is sort of like that though. She often asks me to come along with her despite the two of us not being the closest friends. I think i come off too standoffish because I think she just feels bad for me.” Finchpaw liked his own space, it was often mistaken for being a loner despite liking company, on his terms only.

VulturePaw felt his pelt warm, feeling embarrassed at telling the Tom so much. When he managed to shake off the feeling with the wind blowing through his fur, he continued to speak.

“BeetlePaw is sweet, social, and gets along with just about every cat she sees, but we have nothing in common. We barely talk to each other since she became a apprentice.” He shrugs as he explains his relation to the black she-cat.

“…why do you let FennalPaw hang out with you anyhow? Me and Beetlepaw barely talk, but you two seemed close.” He questioned, wanting to know more how the apprentice deals with a cat so similar to his own situation.

As the blue tabby spoke, he realized how much easier it was to speak to the ginger tom, seeing he didn’t have to put on a front or prove himself to some cat new to the forest. The chatter cause him to regained his confidence, making him decide he has the guts to apologize to BeetlePaw when he does return to camp.

Until his return to shadowclan however, he’ll enjoy the meaningless banter between them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back