• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic ɴᴇᴏɴ ᴄɪᴛʏ - ooc

Main
Here

a z u l a

these violent delights have violent ends.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
welcome to the Neon City ooc!

please feel free to talk about your character ideas and ask any questions here.

(ignore the post date and don't mind me reusing this old thread hehe)

Last edited:
Hear me out

20835e723c7f480979bf8fa956896f52.png

What are the different role or occupations our characters can have?

What are the different role or occupations our characters can have?
great question! I'm going to create some "roles" to fill when I finish writing the lore but I'll throw out what I've got so far

the three main groups your character can fall into are Jade Dragon (members and associates), Brass Tigers (members and associates), and non-affiliated (police, member of the 3rd gang, civilian). I would suggest not making your main character a non-affiliate since they won't be as involved in the main story, but would make good secondary characters.

I'll combine the roles for the gangs into one list to make it easier.

Each gang will have:

• Leader/Kumicho (1 role)
  • Lieutenants (2-3 roles)
  • General Members
    • Within this group are specific occupations. Hired guns, bodyguards, drug/contraband runners, spies, etc
  • Associates
    • This group is those who are not full Yakuza members but are deeply associated and loyal to the group. These are people on the Yakuza payroll, like hostesses at their clubs, secretaries/translators, doctors, etc.

Does this help? I'll be going a little more in to detail later.

Ooo it might be fun to play as a hostess or a secretary. Maybe my characters family owes the gang a debt and my character has to work it off 🤔

Ooo it might be fun to play as a hostess or a secretary. Maybe my characters family owes the gang a debt and my character has to work it off 🤔
i would love to see that! one of my characters is a former hostess who ended up actually joining the gang and was recently promoted to lieutenant. hostesses unite <3

methinks i will attempt to be the leader of the dragons
can't wait to see it!

a z u l a a z u l a will we be using realistic faceclaims?
I am actually fine with either realistic or art/anime as long as it's semi-realistic. I was actually lucky enough to find both options for my characters so I'll include an example below for reference. The setting inspiration I used was a mix of real photos and animated images so either is fine with me!

52796ecacb6119ff5a3030282e59a179.jpg
and
7f582e1a495c88486956e218268f991d.jpg

Would it be possible to be a bodyguard/ medic for one of the gangs? She can protect and save you....or break you in half 😅

Attachments

• Sorine CyberRPG.jpg
    Sorine CyberRPG.jpg
    378.5 KB · Views: 8
So what are the different job responsibilities in regards to being a hostess vs being a secretary?
I thought I replied and apparently did not. a hostess works at one of the clubs and can either be a real hostess who is there to serve drinks and flirt with entertain guests so that they spend more money on drinks, or they can be a hostess who is a little more involved with the Yakuza, listening in on private conversations, swiping cash/jewelry/phones, essentially doing some spy work. I really haven't thought through secretaries much but they would be working with the higher ups in the Yakuza doing essentially the same thing executive assistant's do for corporations.

I thought about doing a code but then decided my brain had no more in it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back