• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Gaius Danius Griinia

Apparently Infamous
The Plot

Long Ago, the Divine Dragon Sage created the islands of Ama-Nui. To each of these five islands was an assigned protector. Black Tortoise of the North, Vermilion Bird of the South, Azure Dragon of the East, White Tiger of the West and Golden Dragon of the Center. With the Golden Dragon given the role of mediator between all five Sacred Beasts. The Divine Dragon Sage led the weary to his new paradise so his creations could preside over these lost souls. He then vanished from this world, his task complete. Over time, each island developed its own civilization and ways of life. Generations would pass with each bearing its own achievements and tragedies. The people of Ama-Nui carved a history that was equal parts pain and pride. Each generation was watched over by a new set of Sacred Beasts, reincarnated after death to ensure they would live among the people before assuming their true role. This was to give each new Sacred Beast a better perspective on those they would soon preside over.

Finally, a day came when the Divine Dragon returned to his creations. His only desire to observe what has become of the seedlings he planted so long ago...

Hey guys its Gaius Danius Griinia here with another roleplay about stuff that doesn't interest the common man

In this one you take the role of a Sacred Beast or their retainers. Sacred Beasts are basically a shapeshifting demigod with influence over specific domains. They each rule over an island with a unique biome and society. Sacred Beasts reincarnate whenever they die so that they can grow up among the people of their island. This is to help them get a feel for the serious issues that their future subjects deal with so that upon taking their throne, they are able to make more educated decisions. Sacred Beasts maintain their youth until they die and any children sired are perfectly mortal. They have the ability to impart a modicum of power to their closest subordinates in order to transform them into supernaturally powerful beings.

Ama-Nui is populated by all sorts of races (Think Monster-Girls). Humans are the most plentiful and can live on any of the five islands without worry. Most of the time, most denizens remain on the island that suits their racial traits best.

Roles:

Divine Dragon Sage: Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

Golden Dragon of the Center (Responsible One): Kloudy Kloudy

Black Tortoise of the North (Relaxed One): Irakma Irakma

Vermilion Bird of the South (Smart One): Kahelle Kahelle

Azure Dragon of the East (Nice One): Mirai-chan Mirai-chan

White Tiger of the West (Energetic One): Dumbledoof Dumbledoof

Last edited:
I'd be willing to play the White Tiger! Also you have North twice for both the Black Tortoise and the White Tiger.

This sounds cool!

Will there be a nation building aspect where we can write lore around our sacred beasts and the culture/history/background of the places they came from?

If so, I’d be interested in playing the Vermillion Bird! ^ _ ^

Edit;; Also, is there any activity requirements? Like how much or how often we have to post? I can have fluctuations in posting because my schedule changes. Just want to check to be sure.

I would be quite interested in playing the Golden Dragon, if that'd be okay.

The premise is nice and I like the setting. Very Avatar.

Speaking of, what era of technology are we in? Is this medieval or are we looking at a more modern approach?

Will there be a nation building aspect where we can write lore around our sacred beasts and the culture/history/background of the places they came from?

Edit;; Also, is there any activity requirements? Like how much or how often we have to post? I can have fluctuations in posting because my schedule changes. Just want to check to be sure.
I'm also curious about this ^

I would definitely be interested in the Black Tortoise, if that is okay!

This sounds cool!

If so, I’d be interested in playing the Vermillion Bird! ^ _ ^

Yes each island is nation building material for each participant
You can sculpt the culture/social climate/history of the island your Sacred Beast rules over as long as it matches your biome
For example: The Vermilion Bird is basically a Phonenix/Peacock. So their island is naturally the most tropical in climate with both jungle and savannah
Or the Black Tortoise who is Water on the Elemental Chart. So they live in a place that is wetlands and swamp.

As for posting and activity requirements
Just post a paragraph every few days
Whenever you can really
This is a slice of life so we willing to wait for your part of the hijinks

I would be quite interested in playing the Golden Dragon, if that'd be okay.

The premise is nice and I like the setting. Very Avatar.

Speaking of, what era of technology are we in? Is this medieval or are we looking at a more modern approach?

I'm also curious about this ^

Its Magitek
So we have people using swords and stuff but there are also airships
Final Fantasy or Xenoblade 2 levels of technology

oog, I can't do Discord. Doesn't work on my device.

If you’re still open to more people I’d be interested in hopping in

Yes each island is nation building material for each participant
You can sculpt the culture/social climate/history of the island your Sacred Beast rules over as long as it matches your biome
For example: The Vermilion Bird is basically a Phonenix/Peacock. So their island is naturally the most tropical in climate with both jungle and savannah
Or the Black Tortoise who is Water on the Elemental Chart. So they live in a place that is wetlands and swamp.

As for posting and activity requirements
Just post a paragraph every few days
Whenever you can really
This is a slice of life so we willing to wait for your part of the hijinks

Its Magitek
So we have people using swords and stuff but there are also airships
Final Fantasy or Xenoblade 2 levels of technology

Honestly, a phoenix was what I was imagining the Vermilion bird to be like so that works for me! I’m thinking a more desert or maybe even Mayan/Aztec origin, if it’s cool.

Also, definitely count me in on the hijinks! I was imagining a wise bird with a playful demeanour ~

Sounds promising. How do you feel about a discord ooc?

Also now that all the main roles are taken, will others still be allowed to join? I ask because I'd be interested in having a retainer to interact with.

I’m open to Discord! But I’m good with on-site OOC since I know everyone might not have a Discord. I’m pretty down for whatever’s convenient for everyone! ^ _ ^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back