• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic A-Am I Human Enough For You Yet!?

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Core
Location:halls—>nav room interaction: Beleth Beleth Kylesar1 Kylesar1 yeeters08 yeeters08 enterelysium enterelysium Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire (tagging all The peep just in case)​

Cores proxy body clanged it’s way into the nav room he had already overheard maosis suggestion and it annoyed the AI immensely “first off I don’t think causing damage to the natives, or any flirting with natives is also ill advised we don’t what to cause any hybrid by accident or even have them assume where some form of deity, and lastly while glassing the place would be fun I don’t believe this vessel has the firepower for such a operation oh and it’s slighly illegal without proper paperwork trust me it’s no fun bottom line we are hear to explore no more no less”

Thomas Kuznetsov
Interactions: Everyone?
Mentions:

Tom was late, very late. He knows this, because a few minutes ago he was in his lab trying to clone Ivan, and the next he was on the floor. The jump had knocked him from his seat, nearly smashing his head on the floor, luckily Ivan was strapped down, so no real damage was done. After groaning about it and reassuring the plant that everything was fine, Tom calmly picked up the things he needed and went on his way.

"No flirting, no pretending to be omnipotent beings, no planet destroying, no fun. Could I at least milk an area of its natural resources?" He said, waltzing into the navigation room, and casually taking a seat. He was only half joking about taking natural resources. He'd never cut down trees or anything, he wouldn't be able to look at Ivan without feeling guilty, but harvesting some elements every now and then, wouldn't last long on his conscience. "I could use more liquid mercury." Murmuring to himself, Thomas opened up his medical pack, making sure everything was in order. "What are we doing here, again?" He asked, reorganizing his bandages.

"Flirt all you want. I don't care so long as it doesn't interfere with the mission," Weiss said to the group. "But no we're not killing natives. Detaining only if they show hostility. We don't even have the capability of destroying a planet." That was a big lie. They actually had what was called a Planetary Warhead. Think Nuclear Warhead, just with the capability of destruction on an unprecedented level. The very existence of this warhead TOP SECRET//NOFORN/NOAI so none of them really knew about it.

The Planetary Warhead had the capability of destroying a planet the size of Pluto. However, even when used on a planet the size of Jupiter, the destruction when shot from orbit is enough to wipe away almost all sustainable life on the planet. It wouldn't destroy the planet, but it would leave it barren. This information was known only to those cleared to know and that reserved for advanced leadership.

"Watch yourself if you tap some alien hole." Weiss warned "If an alien ends up impregnating you, and yes some species are capable of impregnating a male, you're gonna be put in the lab until you give birth." Where the Hybrid would then be tested on for science.

"The scanners are back. Let's get into it:" Weiss dove into the brief

Kairuta
a1458d29298abf92d64d13c7dd69ea09.jpg

Moons: 7
Name: Kairuta (Kah-ruu-shah)
Native Names: Kairutian (Kah-ruu-shan)
Males:
d1ewmrb-f5dc9349-0b25-4972-8399-1b1b405a87f9.jpg
Females:
images
Technology: Tier 3 (Space Travel and communication, but few capabilities in space)
Material of Interest: Coal, Unknown Vegetation,
Atmosphere: Human Sustainable Atmosphere; Water is Extremely Toxic; Recommend Filters
Climate: ???
Landscape: Forest-Esque
Flora and Fauna: ???
Relations with Humans: ???
Relations with other species: ???
Religious Beliefs: ???
Landing Location: ???
Mating Dynamics: ???
Eating Habits: ???
Weaponry: ???
Transportation: ???

Kairutian Basics: Kairuta is a Tier 3 Planet with satellites currently in orbit. The exact capabilities of such a planet is unknown, but it is notable that, while humanoid in body structure, their biological makeup is different from humans. Differences are identified by a noticeable change in color, which may suggest ethnic differences. Kairutians are a sexually dimorphic species. Using human standards, the males seem more feminine in appearance while the females seem more masculine in appearance. The mating dynamics between what seems to be two sexes are currently unknown.

Eating Habits are unknown, but the land is densely populated with forests all around. This could suggest that they are appreciative of the nature around them and seek to expand their technology as much as possible while causing as little environmental damage as possible. The locations of technological advancement are seemingly isolated from the rest of many societies and it seems to go with a theme of technological advancement while not compromising environmental integrity.

The vegetation in Kairuta is heavily varied in color. In human standards, they would likely be deemed toxic, so it is recommended to harvest some of the flora for further analysis before consuming.

Beleth Beleth yeeters08 yeeters08 enterelysium enterelysium Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire MToki MToki Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Sound ¦ Maosis
Interactions: Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 MToki MToki Kylesar1 Kylesar1

"I agree with the AI: Nothing to disturb the peace." Especially with your track record. Sound wanted to type the last bit, her fingers hovering over the 'E' key. She let it go, realizing it wasn't worth egging the terrestrial on. At least, the drama and the complications it ensued. "Speaking of, CORE, will you be joining us for this trip?"

Maosis was already worked up, especially after being told the possibility of impregnation.
Not that he sought it for romantic reasons, but the Taknoogian was well equipped for challenging the data brought before them.

Entering the room was the ship's very own Thomas Kuznetsov. His footsteps felt much heavier than Sound should have anticipated with mannerisms no more formal than meeting a bunch of friends at a coffee shop when discussing the approach of a new, unknown planet. Another peeve which the human withheld.

"Impregnation? Hah! You think I'll let them come that close? All I'm askin' is to schmooze one, not--"

"Sir."
Sound's board intrusively came before the Taknoogian. He waved her off to address Tom. "We's about to get in there and… make nicey nice with some purple skins, you dig? Learn about them, maybe show them a bit of our wave and have a ball." He took a moment to continue listening in on the briefing, a set of arms crossing over his chest. "Buncha tree huggers is it? Fine, fine I'm down with it. But how we knowin' they won't immediately jump us? Can't take 'em all hostage, can we?"

Thomas Kuznetsov

Mentions: Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3
Interactions: Beleth Beleth Kylesar1 Kylesar1

"Hmm, I've never had intercourse with someone outside of my species before." He pandered, neatly placing his medical equipment into their place. Contrary to what most might think, Thomas has in fact had sex before. To him it's an enjoyable pastime, like playing sudoku or watching movies. It isn't something he brings up a lot, or does often, but he finds the act nice for what it is.

"Question, if I were to get pregnant, I wouldn't have to keep it inside of me, correct?" Thomas asked to no one in particular. He didn't want children that he had to care for or look after, he already had Ivan. But he didn't mind getting pregnant, if it meant he could experiment on the fetus and later, child. Although, he wasn't sure how he'd feel about the nausea, or the strange cravings, or the hormone fluctuations. He was hoping he could move it to a tank or something, so he wouldn't have to deal with all that.

CORE
Interaction: MToki MToki Beleth Beleth Kylesar1 Kylesar1 location: nav room​
CORES proxy body shook with semi horror at the whole idea of this reproduction thing on the AI’s mind any sensible species outa take a chuck of themselves and just leave it in a vat to grow a new one but unlike his fathers and every neten the organics are incredibly dumb and seem to have the unusual obsession with growing there children inside themselves and having secondary forms to facilitate this growth. Sounds question broke the AI out of its almost comatose state “well I certainly intend on coming along, even if I can bring this body iv got a drone or two down there as per procedure... and on that one can we not talk about how you organics grow new shardlings (neten word for a “child”) and maosis I would seriously consider not touching them either for all we know they might be toxic or corrosive to make contact with” CORE then turned his attention to Tomas with an almost annoyed expression in some way “don’t you dare go get yourself growing something inside you seriously that just gross, speaking of these... humans... seems wierd.... tree huggers...?”

Sound ¦ Maosis
Interaction:
Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 MToki MToki

Mention: Kylesar1 Kylesar1

CORE turned his attention toward Thomas as he began to comment on having sex with aliens. He then began to note of the toxicity levels that could occur down below.

It seemed like he (it? She never understood the appropriate titles for AI, adding to her already list of biases on them) and herself were on the same page: Don't do anything stupid. Keep a distance. And of course, don't touch the natives.

While Thomas seemed to merely ponder on the idea (so she hoped), she knew for a fact Maosis was revving to do all sorts of reckless things, just to get a laugh. He did it on Earth, and prepared himself to do it on the last planet. This was also partly her doing given she's promised him both times he could destroy the NEXT one. He was growing impatient.

Though, it was important to note that his idea of 'destroying' and the human definition of destroying were two completely different things. For a Taknoogian, it was more of an invasion with the intent to 'unify' the civilians.

"Wouldn't think they'd make you hold a parasite around, Jack." Maosis chuckled at Thomas' curiosity, "Makin' it all the more fun!" His smile faltered at CORE's warning, his arms tightening over his chest, the second set expressing annoyance by resting on his hips. He peered at the AI over a set of shades. "You an' Bree (girl → Sound) here's just GOTTA work with the head fleshy, dontcha? I expect it from the ship's intelligence but my own student. I expected better. Our form of interaction (his word for intercourse) are a bit different."

His pout faded slightly. "Tree huggers," the Taknoogian confirmed, "learned that one from 'er" he nudged his head in Sound's direction. "Apparently meaning to REALLY be diggin' the planet. So much so they wouldn't so much as breathe on its nature."

Last edited:
Interaction : Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 MToki MToki

Cy snorted at the thought , “Sex with a alien huh?” Eating the last piece of metal , she also made her way to the navigation room. Having intercourse, something she couldn’t have. She didn’t mind though , the thought of it creeps her out which makes her glad that she’s not a human. For once , anyway.

“Of course not. What a interesting project that might be.” She growled at Thomas, almost smirking a bit. She didn’t exactly specialize in that area..she wishes she did so she wouldn’t have to stand to the side and do nothing. That’s what she really hated about herself.
“Ahhh whatever, at least me and Core don’t have to worry about it.”

Johnathan Edward Weiss
Navigation Room

"We're not here to debate on if Kairutians can impregnate a male. It's just a warning I have to tell all of you," Weiss said to the the members in the briefing room, "Just watch it. If you end up pregnant, you may have to be quarantined. Also........watch the courtship habits of these people or lifeforms or whatever." Again, another thing he had to tell them as a requirement. This meant there was something stupid that happened, like a Subway with a sign that said "No seances." Some bullshit happened that shouldn't

"For humans, the air is fine but the water is toxic. Stay away from the water. We will bring our filters and our environmental suits for cases of rain. Don't know if that'll kill us, but let's not touch it. For humans, that is non-negotiable." This was never to be a question. A human knew how this shit affected the human body. "For non-humans, if you can survive with that water, which may not even be water for real, then by all means. I would still recommend bringing a countermeasure in case you shouldn't touch it."

He moved on to another topic of contention. "Communication. They have established stellar communication and Satellites, so we can talk to them. We have been talking to them already, in fact. They proposed that we try to look as inconspicuous as possible, so we'll cloak up the ships we send down and we'll land near one of their technological hubs that are isolated from the rest of society. If we just land in there, we'll be attacked." For obvious reasons. If an alien just landed on earth, they'll be shot before they are taken hostage and hauled off to Area 51 for testing.

"Any questions?"

Beleth Beleth yeeters08 yeeters08 enterelysium enterelysium Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire MToki MToki Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Sound ¦ Maosis
Interaction: Kylesar1 Kylesar1 MToki MToki Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Sound took note as their leader spoke. Of all the hours (months? Years?) that she had been boarded with him, Mister Weiss was very transparent when conveying the data to the rest of the crew.
To not take note was a guaranteed death sentence, especially for a member of the human race; and for others even worse.

He briefed on the communication types, a small spark of interest igniting off. Saving the notes for the time being, Sound refreshed the note page on her communication board and presented it before Jonathan.

"Once we've landed, I can try to speak with them. Announce our presence to the authority so that they know where we are."

Her cheeks burned with sheepishness. He JUST said to make themselves look inconspicuous by landing in a hub far far from their people, and here she was proposing the exact opposite. She was eager to work. It was very rare that her 'mentor' let her so much as take a gander outside of the ship, nevermind explore an entire planet. Something about being concerned for her safety and how he wanted to scout it first.

"Pray that there ain't no Taknoogians that discovered this ball o' gas. Some like't aim for the Apple (big cities/town/regions), you feel? If there was an invasion, these purple folk won't be comin' to our tabs (won't take too kind to them being there)."
Maosis allowed his full height to extend, four sets of sunction fingertips reaching far behind him with an eager grin. "Otherwise I'm ready to get down with it."

Johnathan Edward Weiss
On Expedition Ship- Descending to Kairuta

The group strapped up and loaded up the ships they were sending down. 2 Expedition ships launched from the mothership and immediately entered Kairuta's atmosphere. They cloaked up and descended fast, using the ship's shields to disperse the heat and absorb what would be rapid ship hull damage. While on the way down, Johnathan got in contact with those on the ground at the frequencies given to him by the onboard linguists and loaded up Sage with some voice clips of those linguists communicating with them. It was overly complicated, but it was really the only way they had right now.

"Alright, Sound. Listen closely and translate this nonsense," Weiss said, "Sage, ask them were they want us to land."
Sage slipped on a headset and played a voice clip. "nyllapunz, dl hyl thrpun vby klzjlua puav rhpybah. dolyl dvbsk fvb sprl bz av shuk?" he said. The voice wasn't his own, which gave indication that this was just a recording of a gruff man probably in his 40s
A bit of static, but then a voice responded back loud and clear. "olssv obthuz dl dvbsk sprl fvb av shuk pu vjryvbno hz wylcpvbzsf kpzjbzzlk. vby wylzpklua nyhjpvbzsf hdhpaz fvby hyypchs."

"If you need Sage to speak for you, he's available to speak what you record. Otherwise..........." He slipped a headset around Sound's head. "Have fun." While Sound was tangling with all that, he turned to address the rest of the crew. "Air scans in the area we're landing in shows that it is very humid. Given that the water on Kairuta has compounds that are toxic to humanity, I recommend that we all get in our power suits." If they DIDN'T get in those suits, then.......well good luck if the air was toxic due to the water.

As they pulled closer, it was noted that the planet's surface was heavily green with only a couple of shade's variations. The sheer amount of trees were staggering. "Gotta say, I haven't seen this many trees since my high school science classes exploring the Jurassic Era," Weiss commented. Off to the side was seemingly a patch of pure grey in areas of less trees. It was a city island in a sea of nothing but trees. Since it was noted that places of technological innovation were isolated from the rest of society, Weiss wondered what was in the trees. The foliage was so thick that radio waves were scrambled. They could ONLY communicate with the technological hubs. They would be just as lost as a unit as they would as individuals once they crossed into the trees.

"Keep your weaponry down, but stay on guard. I'm not sure about Kairutians, but pointing a weapon at them is pretty universal language."

Sound | Maosis
Interactions: Kylesar1 Kylesar1 yeeters08 yeeters08 enterelysium enterelysium Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire MToki MToki Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

"olssv obthuz dl dvbsk sprl fvb av shuk pu vjryvbno hz wylcpvbzsf kpzjbzzlk. vby wylzpklua nyhjpvbzsf hdhpaz fvby hyypchs."

Sound rolled her eyes thoughtfully, allowing the language to pass through her ears and onto her lips. It was a familiar dialect, though she couldn’t place her finger on it. Before coming onboard with the current crew, her journies with Maosis would consist of herself going over different alien languages for fun. While she didn’t learn the language as a whole, she could at least pick up what part of the galaxy it originated from, what frequency, and signs of potential hostility.

Pressing her lips together, the human’s fingers got right to work, typing up the translation in lame-man’s terms with one hand, the other muffling the speaker that connected the two parties together: “We are to land in an area called Ockrough. We are being greeted by the president himself.” Once she was finished, she flashed the screen to the others, keeping the back of the device to face Maosis.

The headset weighed like bricks on her head. She hasn’t been able to (properly) speak for quite some time now, especially around non-humans. Now she was expected to translate for...non-humans. Granted, there was Sage to perform the recordings but that didn’t eliminate the fact that she was going to have to talk to them in some form or another.

Aohur fvb, dl dpss il kvdu zovyasf. Sound’s voice cracked, as if hitting puberty for the second and third time. The inside of her throat chaffed, words coming out between puffs, sputters and hisses.

Once she finished, she disconnected the headset to avoid any unnecessary noises to leak through (nothing like pissing off an alien civilization in their homeworld), joining the others in suiting up and beginning to the descent. As always, she sat herself with Maosis in the event she was ‘called’ for in combat. Though, she it was a bit hard to sit still. An accumulation of emotions surpassed her, the most prominent one being fear. Fear and eagerness to contribute to the mission. “Mister Weiss,” she squeaked once more, a hand to her neck, “I don’t suppose there is any specific message you’d like me to pass on? I simply thanked them for the information and reassured our peaceful intentions.”

“Can’t say I dig where this be goin’.”
Maosis murmured underbreath. He was never a fan of suiting up, the material constricting his delicate surface. It was as if every ounce of breathable plastic was pinning into him, the helmet interaction with his tendrils a living nightmare.

Suctioned fingertips squeaked against the windowpane, noting the amount of trees that rested below. “Hit ‘em right on the nose- they is a bunch of tree huggers. Bet you anything they haven’t the first clue about what’s beyond their green little planet.” He snickered, leaning back, arms searching for a spot on the backrest of the seat around him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back