A ‘Sunny’ Day (ft. Evey & Glasper) [Complete!]

theplasticdemon

fallen angel
Scenario: Evey and Glasper go cake shopping and try to cope with New Years’

Time: Right after shopping trip

After an eventful shopping trip with the girls, Evey felt tired, but a bit of her was still excited for the upcoming cake duty. Well… she was excited for that and maybe excited to see Glasper. Her heart was racing quickly from adrenaline. Still, she made the journey to the mall. If her mother was here, she would tell the blonde to relax and let love work out its own. At least, that was what her father said. “Daaad~ I’m home!” Evey opened the door.

Tomas casually waved to her daughter, they seemed to have finished his custom weed smoking thing with guests. “Suuuuuunny~ Glasper arrived centuries ago. You never keep a man waiting. Or anyone for that matter.” She met eyes with Glasper and blushed. “Yeah. Sorry dad.” Evey responded, her face seeming dazed upon seeing the boy. Having sensed the tension in his daughter, Tomas dismissed the two. “Have fun, kiddos.” Closing the door on the two of them, they were left alone outside her house. Pleasant.  

Shyly playing with her mother’s necklace, she awkwardly smiled at him. “Hey, Glasp. Sorry to keep you waiting. I hope my dad didn’t show you any embarrassing baby pictures like what happened with Lizzy. She ended up dressing like a mini-me for a whole day.” Evey decided to ramble on and act herself as she possibly could. Looking intently at him, Evey blushed and brushed away a strand of the boy's hair and tucked it over his ear before awkwardly touching her blonde hair. “Weeeeeeell! Sorry about that! Shall we go? You’ve already been waiting enough.”

@SirBlazeALot

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting high with Tomas was a good idea. Glasper tended to be very anxious, especially given the circumstances but good old Mary Jane was there to metaphorically rub his shoulders and tell him every little thing was gonna be alright. Of course when Evey arrived that changed a bit. Those horrible butterflies went apeshit in his stomach and before he knew it he was outside watching her play with that necklace Mr. Sabbadin told him all about. And he couldn't stop smiling, he was just so happy to see her. 

"Um... i-it's okay, I wasn't waiting long," he lied softly. "And yeah... I uh... I remember that. Let's just say I now know how accurate Lizzy's portrayal of you was..." Glasper chuckled and shoved his hands into the pockets of his hoodie. When she touched his hair he tensed up, thinking that she was going to go in for a kiss or something... but no. Glasper exhaled with relief and nodded vigorously. "Y-Yeah let's... um... ándale."

So Glasper wasn't one for conversation but the two of them had a lot to talk about. First of all, there was the kiss, but there was no way he was gonna be the first one to bring that up. Hell no. He had to act normal, like nothing happened. Even if she was playing with her necklace when she saw him, touched his hair, and was probably more nervous than he'd ever seen her before. Nope, not enough grounds to bring up the kiss. "So uhh... your dad is cool. Like. Really cool."

Evey nodded. "Yeah... ándale." The two of them made their way to the shop, but it felt almost like forever. Immediately, she rolled her eyes. "Pshhh... all she did was cry and follow me around all day. I hope that's not accurate to how I act around you." The blonde laughed. Evey was aware with how often she partied too hard and ended up in Glasper's care. Either way, if she did cry and follow Glasper around all day, the blonde didn't remember. "... About New Ye--" Her lips moved to say something but quickly cut herself off as Glasper said something at around the same time. "Thanks~ He can be embarrassing sometimes, but people seem to like him." Evey said, though she was still tense. What did he say to him? "Hey, we're halfway there!" She gestured to the street sign nearby.

"He's got... really good weed. That's for sure." Glasper cleared his throat awkwardly, not fully catching exactly what she was starting to say but he figured it was more idle conversation to avoid talking about what happened last night. Maybe he really had made things weird. His perpetual marijuana induced smile faded away. He looked ahead and asked, "Uhm... I'm not sure what kind of cake Suzumaki wants. Any ideas?"

"Of course you would say that, you know what he does for a living~" Evey laughed. She opened the door outside to the bakery, and the chimes went off. There was still another door to enter, but Evey took the opportunity to finally talk to him in the space between. "I'm not sure. I was hoping we could just find what works..."

Again, the blonde sighed and decided to make another attempt at trying to talk about the New Year's thing. "Hey Glasp..." She leaned in closely as if she had a secret of some sort to tell him. "Please be honest," Evey began pleading as she fully faced him. "What did you think of New Year's?" Her tone became much more serious now that she had cut the bullshit. Evey didn't want a bullshit joke answer, but she still wanted, no, needed to talk to him about that incident. Hopefully it could sort out some feelings between them.

"Good idea. This is short notice so we'll just have to take what we can get anyway." They probably wouldn't have time to have a cake custom made for Suzumaki, and Glasper was about 80% sure someone was just gonna shove her face in it anyway. 

In between the doors Evey stopped him and Glasper's eyes widened as she finally asked the big question. His face went cold and then hot and he rubbed the back of his head, hoping his hair would fall over his eyes or something when he looked down to hide how scared he was of answering this question. "Oh. Um... I guess you aren't talking about the fight..." There went the butterflies again. Looking up into Evey's eyes, he took a deep breath and tried to figure out what to say. But all that came out was an apology. "I'm sorry if I made things weird...I didn't mean to I just...I just followed my gut. I'm sorry, Evey." 

Evey looked down in confusion. She wasn't sure what to make of the whole situation. He... followed his gut? That was hard to believe. Glasper thought everything through, and then thought some more. He just wasn't the type to do that. Glasper was also extremely considerate towards other people. It was so strange that Evey couldn't even believe it happened. Evey felt her hand shake but held onto it rather tightly. "No... no, I know you didn't mean any harm." Evey's gaze broke for a split second before meeting his again. "I'm not talking about the fight, but thank you, I don't know what I would have done if you weren't with me. Just like every other time you're with me..." Evey gave him a half-hearted smile, bringing up all those parties.

"Why didn't you break our kiss the second time around? Or the third? Did you... like it? Would you ever kiss me again?" She had to bring that up. If he didn't want to make it weird, Glasper would have easily pulled away. Still, her heart was pounding. They were kiss distance again and Evey needed to know everything. The two ended up being in the corner and against a wall. She had so many questions.

Not meaning any harm and still doing harm was probably the worst feeling ever. Glasper felt like he'd done harm. Had it not been for his little decision they wouldn't be having this talk right now. He wondered if she now thought that every time he'd had her back he only had it because he had a crush, and he wanted to tell her that wasn't the case, that this whole crush thing was new. 

He looked up at her next question and stumbled for an answer once more. "Uh..." he pressed his back against the wall. Now or never, time to say it. "I didn't break any of them because... well... you kept kissing me back. A-And yeah of course I... I liked it..." he admitted, still looking down as if he'd stolen something. "B-But I wouldn't do it again unless... well... unless you wanted me to." He ran a hand through his dark shaggy hair and felt relief from finally getting that off his chest. He pulled his hoodie on his head and tightened the strings idly, a nervous tick of his much like a turtle receding into its shell. "I just don't know what this means for us you know? It's been bothering me all day honestly. I don't wanna ruin our friendship...." he unscrunched his hood only to pull on the strings again. "You are very very very important to me."

"I know... and you're important to me too. You were doing nothing but being a good guy." Evey bit her lip nervously. "You're right. It was all my fault... I kissed you back when I shouldn't have. I'm sorry, Glasp. I wasn't thinking." She turned red. It was another one of her little swings, it was as easy to make her happy than it was to make her mad or sad. Though, they were more than just being mad or sad... it was their friendship that was at stake here. "If it helps, I liked it too... a lot. But that was already obvious, wasn't it?" She blushed, toying with the pink stone. Evey then toyed with the strings on his hoodie. It wasn't meant to be anything to fluster him, it was just what she did around people she was close to. Evey just liked to casually be close to her friends, but now the girl was just more aware of every touch.

"I'm just as confused as you... when that happened, I just felt something rush around me and now I'm just left with this weird feeling. Like... that I wanted to kiss you again or just see you again... I'm sorry, Glasper. I... shouldn't have even asked those questions. I don't want things to bring our friendship down but I don't know what to do either..."

Glasper shook his head when Evey claimed this whole thing was her fault. That was so far from the truth. He made the move, and if she hadn't kissed him back he would've felt way more humiliated by this whole ordeal. And at first, by the sound of it, it sounded like she did it out of pity. And Glasper could feel his stomach twisting into a knot as his worst fears became reality. But then the nightmare was over and she told him that she liked it and Emo Jesus had never felt more at peace with himself and his surroundings in his life. 

Between the marijuana and seeing her play with her mother's necklace again, Glasper couldn't stop smiling. He was actually trying to actively fight it, as if his heart was being tickled. Silently he watched his crush and she struggled to put her feelings into words. But if she was feeling anything at all similar to what he was feeling, then words wouldn't do it justice. "Well..." he took one of Evey's hands in his and let out a breath, trying to keep himself from just laughing out of happiness. "I think... I think it's good that we know...i-instead of bottling it up and trying to shove it away." He looked away for a moment and pursed his lips. "S-Sorry, I'm very happy right now," he explained. 

He took a deep breath and shook his head. "Ok. Evey, I think... now that we know, it'd be impossible to go back to how we were. I-I think the umm...b-b-best course of action is to..." Glasper's already light voice became even lower in volume. He straightened up with all his courage, he shut his eyes and said, "We shouldn't ignore these feelings. We sh-should explore them!" He opened his eyes and added, "I-If you want of course! I'm sorry!" 

Seeing Glasper smile made the blonde smile along with him. It was more a mix of relief, sincere happiness and a 'I don't know why you're happy but that makes me happy' sort of glance. She stopped playing with her clothing as his hands held her's and simply looked up at him. She even started laughing too, as if it was contagious. "I think so too. It's making my day a lot easier, thanks to you." The fact that the two had just let their feelings become known made it so much easier on her. With his suggestion, she stared at him for a long time without saying anything.

"No, no, I understand what you're saying... but how would we 'explore' these feelings?" Evey asked, gently touching the side of his face. She was confused about this whole feeling thing. What exactly did he mean? Then she realized that he had been awfully happy recently. Evey grinned like a child. "An even better question, why are you so happy?"

Glasper bit his lip to repress his smile, but it didn't really work out. "Earlier today I was imagining the worst possible ways this conversation could have gone. I'm just happy that..." his voice trailed off, he got lost in the moment before shaking his head. He'd had his doubts earlier today, but he was sure now that this is what he wanted. Seeing her smile confirmed it for him.

"What I mean is..." Glasper began softly. "Maybe we shouldn't just be friends... maybe I'm moving too fast. I'm sorry. I don't know how to do this... I've only ever had one girlfriend, but I don't think it counts because we were twelve and she cheated on me in like a week." Glasper chuckled softly and added, "With some goth kid. Depressing at the time, but now, it's pretty funny. B-But anyways..." Glasper took both of Evey's hands in his and his face flushed red. He took a deep breath and spoke as clearly as he could manage. "I think we should be together. You are...a light in my life that shines so bright. I want to be there for you as more than a friend. I want to be the first person you call when you need someone to be there for you. Evey...I...I want you to be my girlfriend..." 

Evey giggled back but then her eyes immediately widened after the magical word 'girlfriend' was brought up. Girlfriend? Was that what Glasper wanted her to be? At least it confirmed her suspicions, that he really had been overthinking things. She didn't know why he even bothered to contain his smile, it was awfully cute. Though, unlike Glasper, she wasn't all that sure. Besides, she wasn't the one that made the first move... but she was the one that even wanted to hang out in the first place. A part of her still felt guilty for all those times she had to depend on him.

She held on tightly to his hands and listened to him speak, even smiling wider as he spoke of his staple awkward middle school relationship, however her scarlet eyes grew even wider in disbelief. This was what he wanted? "Glasper... I would love to. Oh god, I don't know what to say..." She wanted to cover her face with her hands but obviously couldn't because of the boy's grip on them. "But there's just so many things going on in my life... especially since we're both caught up with school, the Cobras, our friends..." She looked down on the ground, trying to find the right things to say but ultimately stumped herself. "I mean... it's worth a try. You've already been there for me more times than I can count a-and you're really important to me."

Sighing, she decided to turn things a bit more sunny. "Come on! Let's go find a cake~" Evey let go of one of his hands but held onto the other as she entered the bakery. Her heart felt fluttery as she couldn't stop smiling.

Glasper waited for her answer, smiling bashfully as she spoke. But that smile became a little more puzzled as she went on, wondering where she was going with this. It was beginning to sound like she was gonna say no, but she didn't look like she wanted to say no? Glasper became worried, and braced himself for the heavy weight that "no" would bring. But it never came. And neither did yes. So what was it? Not one to press the question, Glasper simply followed her inside for the cake. "Y-Yeah, sure."

Still holding hands, Glasper lead her toward the counter and spoke to the cashier. "E-Excuse me. We're looking for a..." Glasper looked down at Evey and raised an eyebrow. They hadn't picked a flavor yet. "Uh... well... what flavors do you have for like, birthday cakes?" 

The cashier responded, "We've got chocolate, vanilla, yellow cake, strawberry, and confetti." Glasper tilted his head inquisitively at the last option and the cashier explained, "It's like a vanilla cake with splashes of food coloring so it looks like...you know...confetti."

"Oh." Glasper looked down at Evey and mused, "That sounds pretty..."

Evey held onto his tightly. The feeling she got from their contact comforted her. The girl was sure that she wasn't being clear enough, but was she really ready for a relationship? She had a gang, friends, parties, a reputation and a job to uphold... and now a relationship. It was obviously daunting, and Evey would have liked to take it slow. She did find being his girlfriend exciting and brought butterflies in her stomach. That feeling couldn't be that bad, right? Evey did feel a bit bad for avoiding the conversation...

The speak of cakes brought her back to reality. She shrugged her shoulders when Glasper looked down at her and waited for the cashier to state the flavours. Evey looked back up and smiled. "Yeah... it does. Suits her." She was lost in their shared affection but quickly looked back. "Let's do it~" Evey leaned her cheek into his shoulder as they held hands.

Glasper nodded and smiled warmly. "One medium confetti birthday cake please," Glasper asked politely. The cashier pressed a couple buttons on the screen. Meanwhile, Glasper unlaced his fingers from Evey's. "J-Just a second," he murmured to Evey. He needed to get his wallet out of his jeans. It felt strange to already be getting used to mild PDA with Evey, but the possibility of her saying no made him think it might be better not to. 

"47.65 please," the cashier asked.

Less than he actually thought it'd be, he happily paid for it and when he got his change back, promptly returned his wallet to his pocket and his hand to Evey's. The cashier disappeared into the back, leaving the two of them alone for a moment. He tensed up a bit, still dying to know her answer. "I-It was less than I thought it'd be," Glasper mused, not wanting to press the question at all despite how much he wanted to know. 

Evey bit her lip. Right. They weren't technically together... that thought scared her more than being with him. The blonde felt bad about not even paying a single cent for the cake. It wasn't even the cake anymore, it was just all the times he was there for her, the fight at La Lune, the New Years' festival. That festival. From sitting at a bench, hungover, to going on rides and eating cotton candy, to the fight, and then to the kiss. Then that necklace... and shopping, then the party. Everything was happening so fast but Evey found herself not even wanting to slow down. What an odd feeling.

She faced him without speaking and as soon as the cashier was gone, Evey immediately pressed her lips against his. She felt up against his back as if she was in a hurry. Truthfully, she didn't care if the cashier had walked in on them, but what could you do? Taking a deep breath inwards, she gripped his hands tightly. "I-I'm sorry Glasp. I-I'm so sorry. I want to be your girlfriend. You make me so fucking happy." A breathy laugh escaped her lips as if she had just ran a mile. Not waiting for another answer, she wrapped her arms around his shoulders, kissing him again with just as much energy and desperation.

Being met with a kiss like that reminded him so much of that night under the fireworks. Maybe it was just because it was still fresh in his memory, but it felt like every kiss from Evey would be like fireworks from now on. And the feeling was a making a welcome return from the night before. He was so happy he couldn't speak when she pulled away, because he now knew her answer, she didn't even need to say it. Glasper was intuitive, especially when it came to people he'd known for quite a while. And he had indeed known Evey for quite a while. He smiled as she spoke and into their second kiss, losing himself in her lips and the sense of ecstasy and unity that came with holding the girl in his arms now. Just yesterday they were only friends, but today they were

"Um... Lovebirds?" the voice of the cashier was muffled by Glasper's happiness until he loudly caught his attention. "Excuse me!" 

Glasper pulled away, his pale face turning pink as he reluctantly pulled away from Evey. "S-Sorry... th-thank you." The cashier had a rather smug grin sitting on his face as he gently pushed the cake forward.. 

"Yeah huh," he replied dryly before disappearing into the back once more.

The cake reminded him that they had a party to be getting to. With the Cobras. Their friends. "Umm..." he let out a small breathy laugh. "E-Everyone's gonna freak out when we tell them," he murmured gently. 

Evey grinned cheekily. "Sorry, sir~" They were happy lovebirds as of now, nothing wrong with showcasing it, was there? The blonde smiled, but began to giggle uncontrollably. Perhaps it was due to how unlikely this situation was coupled with the fact that they had been called out. Her hands were still resting on his body as she took the cake. "Yeah..." She responded silently. "They are... but I'm excited!" Evey began to make her way out of the bakery with him.

"Me too," A small smile lit up Glasper's face as he imagined everyone's reactions to the news, each of his friends faces cycled in his mind. He knew there'd be a lot of teasing, probably a lot of foul language, and everyone would want to know how long they've even liked each other for. Which was really only about a day. And that part made him nervous, because he knew that they'd be skeptical about the longevity such a relationship would have. They might even worry that a nasty breakup between the two might cause a rift in their group, make all the parties a little more awkward than usual, people might have to choose sides in a lover's quarrel. 

However, Glasper knew very much what he wanted now. And to try and deny his feelings for the sake of other people would just make him unhappy. He didn't have an ounce of regret for his impulsive decision. He knew that he'd never let anything so dramatic happen between the two of them that they would stop being friends. Evey could cheat on him and cut his balls off and he'd still be there holding her hair back for her the next time she got sick at a party. Because she was more to him than someone to kiss and cuddle. She was and always will be his friend, and that's something Emo Jesus could never take for granted or forget just because they'd gone to the next level.

He followed her out of the bakery and caught up to her side. Though he was initially apprehensive about it before he did it, he gently placed an arm around her shoulders and instantly felt comfortable as soon as he did so. The action served to reaffirm his feelings tenfold. And to think that today had started off as one of the most nerve wracking days of his life. Now he felt so at peace, so calm and yet still so alive and fulfilled. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back