• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom 9-1-1 (Television Series): Looking for Long-Term Partner

lesbomcdepresso

First Plot: 9-1-1
Summary:

Witnessing a suicidal girl and her friend fall to their death shakes Buckley to his core. It's up to Bobby to help him recover.
Chapter Text
Plot Number One
Series: 9-1-1
Main Characters: Captain Bobby Nash and Evan “Buck” Buckley
Includes Little to No Spoilers
Character A is Bobby (You)
Character B is Buck (Me)

“9-1-1, what is your emergency?”
“My friend, she's- she's about to jump off the roof of our apartment building!”
Maddie was taking another emergency call, her fifteenth one today. So far, none of the calls have been about anything that could threaten the lives of the person calling or the people around them. It was mostly just someone panicking and in need of a little push in the right direction.
This caller, however, certainly did not need a push.
“Okay, ma'am, can I ask why your friend is about to jump off of the roof?” Maddie asks as she types away at her computer. She locates the nearest cell tower in comparison to where the person was calling from. She pinpoints the apartment building and sends an emergency message to the 118 fire department.
“She said she doesn't want to live anymore! I-I've tried talking to her, but she's not listening to me!”
“Why is everything always about you?!” A female yells in the near distance. Maddie figures out that they're both on the roof together.
“What's your name?” She asks the girl on the phone.
“Ashley.”
“Okay, Ashley, don't tell your friend, but the fire department is on the way and is going to get your friend down from there. Until they get there, I need you to stay on the line and keep talking to me.”
“O-Okay..” Ashley could be heard inhaling and letting out a shaky breath slowly. “Katelyn, I need you to listen to me-”
“I'm sick of listening!” The suicidal girl, whose name must be Katelyn, yells back. “I'm sick of letting other people have control over my life!”
“C’mon, guys, please hurry..” Maddie mumbles, covering her mouth with both hands.

The fire truck arrives outside of the apartment building. Stepping out of the truck is Captain Nash, Bobby, Chim and Hen. Each firefighter has a determined look on their face as they head inside of the apartment building and rush up the emergency stairs to the rooftop.
“Sixteen-year-old Katelyn Madison.” Bobby lists the information his team needs to know about the endangered girl. “This isn't her apartment building. Apparently she ran away from home.”
“Sounds like somebody else I know.” Hen pipes up, looking back at Buck and giving a caring smile.
Evan Buckley did not want to be reminded of his teenage years. Both of his parents were never there for him and didn't support his dream of being a firefighter. They always supported his big sister, Maddie. Why they loved her more than him, he would never understand. At least Maddie was supportive of him and still is to this day. She loves him and that's all that matters.
Captain Nash opens the door to the roof and steps out, both girls turning their heads to look at him and his crew as they slowly approach.
“Are you Katelyn?” Bobby asks, arms crossed over his chest as he looks at the girl. She'd been crying for at least an hour. Her body was trembling. She was already hesitating to jump, so Bobby had an opportunity.
Katelyn nods quickly, her hazel eyes full of fear as she looks up at the fire chief. “I'm guessing you were sent to get me down?” She asks, her voice quiet.
“Yes, we were.” Buck speaks up, stepping forward to stand beside Bobby. “My name is Buck. Do you mind if I talk to you?” He acts calmly, his voice gentle and comforting.
Katelyn shrugs and nods her head. She doesn't move when Buck steps closer, bending down on one knee to look her in the eye.
“Katelyn,” Buck begins, licking his lips nervously. “When I was a teenager, my parents weren't there for me. Anytime I brought in good grades, or did something nice for them..it was..it was like they didn't notice at all.” Tears fill the young adult’s eyes as he looks down. “It was like I was a ghost. Like I so desperately wanted to communicate, but nobody noticed me.”
“That's how I feel.” Katelyn speaks up, nodding her head and starting to cry once more. “Sure, I can rant to my friends, but no matter how many people I talk to, it isn't going to fix my problems.” She sighs and uses the back of her hand to wipe away the tears on her cheeks. “But my parents aren't the problem. It's me.”
Buck tenses up, looking back up at the teen girl. “What do you mean?” He squints his eyes in confusion.
“I mean I hate myself!” Katelyn cries out with a sob. “My friends and family always talk about how much they love me, but I don't love myself! I don't know how to!”
Buck lets a few tears escape his own eyes. He quickly wipes them away. “Katelyn, listen to me, please. Learning to love yourself is a personal battle that everyone has to go through. I..I don't love myself either, but-”
“-So why do you keep living?!” Katelyn takes a step back, closer to the ledge. “What is your reason for staying on this shithole of a planet?!”
“Katelyn, please, step away from the ledge-”
“-Why should I?!” Katelyn screeched. Just then, as she turns to look down below, her friend Ashley runs towards her. She'd been wanting to tackle her in a hug and pull her away from the ledge.
Instead, the firefighters all watched with wide eyes as they fell to their inevitable death. Buck immediately breaks down crying and curls in on himself as he sits on the roof. Bobby is quick to get beside him and pull him into a warm embrace. Hen and Chim go down the stairs to go keep citizens away from the dead bodies.
“Shh, shh..” Bobby rocks the smaller boy back and forth, keeping his arms wrapped around him. Buck cries into the captain’s chest and clings to him tightly. “It's okay, Buck.” The older male places a quick and unnoticeable kiss to the top of the boy’s head.
Usually, Buck can handle watching someone die without bursting into tears in front of his friends. When it comes to someone committing suicide, however..he gets really shaken up easily. A part of it comes from when he was still a teenager. The bisexual male had a crush on a boy around his age, who he watched fall from the roof of a building just like this one. The two sat there until Hen contacted them through her walkie talkie and said the truck was ready if they were good to leave.
Bobby looked down at Buck with a frown on his face. “Are you ready to go?”
Buck could only nod as he continuously wiped tears away. He shakily stands up with Cap’s help and makes his way back downstairs. As they passed by the nearby witnesses, Buck couldn't help but feel like they were all silently blaming him for what happened.
Buck would stay silent during the ride back to the station, even with Chim and Hen both trying to cheer him up. Once they got back, Bobby suggested that Buck go home early. The younger male refused and went to sit in the back of the still-sitting fire truck.
Hen shakes her head and sighs, watching her younger friend crawling into the back of the truck. “That poor kid. Not just the girls..him.” She and Chimney both look over towards Buck. “He's obviously really shook up.”
“Maybe we should try to talk to him?” Chim suggests. Hen quickly shakes her head again.
“No, no. He needs a moment to himself. Let him cry it out.”

The roleplay starts here:
Buck sat in the back of the fire truck they had just used to ride back to the station. His legs were pulled up to his chest as tears continued to silently roll down his cheeks. He no longer tries to wipe them away. He can hear the others whispering to each other. He's almost certain that they're talking about him. He wasn't going to move from this spot until they were called out for another emergency.

Genre: Romance
Ship: Bobby x Buckley
Includes Fluff/Angst, Hurt/Comfort

Users who are viewing this thread

Back