• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern 8 Teacups to Hell - A urban fantasy supernatural teen drama

meepster

The gal haunting your dreams
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Heya y’all! I’m meep, I’m 19, and I’m pangender. I was born in the States, but I’m Canadian-American and currently live in Vancouver. Also bi and taken. I have been RPing forums-wise for about 7-ish years now, overall for even longer. Below is an idea that’s been gnawing at the back of my head for a bit:

Life after death, it’s a concept that humans have been studying and debating for thousands of years. But what…if it really existed? Welcome to The Academy. It’s a military school, if I didn’t tip you off enough. And it’s only a military school for those who died too young, though not young enough as to not have lived a full-filling life. That’s the hard part, isn’t it? Said Academy is owned by a rather angsty Confederate general who died unremembered in one lonely battle, and everyone here is hard-core, inside-the-box, no-nonsense.

Then we meet our main characters. They’re all diverse, from different personalities, ethnicities, hell, even different continents! But here’s the thing……just as they land in the middle of what appears to be the Amazon Rainforest, they start exhibiting weird and strange powers, almost as if they were another species entirely. That…and they don’t remember anything except their name and their hometown. Weird, huh?

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention, they might just be the cataclyst for the destruction of the afterlife…brewing since the beginning of time.

Yeah, so this is a urban fantasy-inspired supernatural/thriller/teen drama RP! It also has a few shared inspirations from Christian mythology, but don’t expect to see too many Christian mythological figures here, if any.

I do have a few rules for this, see below:

1): 16+ at minimum. If you’re turning 16 in a week, I’m not picky. But please understand that this RP will deal with heavier topics within RPN’s guidelines. However, I’m not going to make this an 18+ RP because I personally am comfortable RPing with mature 16/17 year olds.

2): Please be respectful. If you’re not, or if I catch you being so, instant kick.

3): I’m not looking for a co-GM for this, so don’t ask.

4): Please be active. I’d say post at least every 2-3 days, preferably more, but we all have lives. Please let me know if you’re going on extended hiatus or leaving, however.

5): Please be able to write at least 2-3 solid paragraphs. So lit RP style.
_________

And of course, some character rules:

1): All OCs must be within the 16-19 range. No exceptions.

2): All OCs must be original. No using characters from pre-existing media.

3): No, your OC was not aware that this existed before they died.

4): Yes, your OC is dead. No pulling any funny business here.

5): Your species will be randomized by me. I will close my eyes, grab a spinner, and literally spin through over a thousand options for you. I won’t pick anything too underpowered, and you’ll have 5 choices to choose from in the end.

6): Dynamics! Feel free to discuss in PMs about dynamics between specific characters. I love that shit.

Looking for about 5-6 people for this RP. Any questions, ask here or DM me.

If you’re just here to criticize, move on. It’s more than that.

Quite the contrary,I'm trying to figure out the core concept to conceptualize the kind of characters and plots that could develop.

Oh, okay. Sorry….I tend to misread people’s tones a lot. This is actually partially based of a teleplay I wrote a few years back, but I’m afraid if I post that, it’s gonna pidegonhole people into doing specific “roles”.

Sounds like a strong premise you have here,the fact that you're setting up for a wide range of backgrounds/cultures means there's a lot of conflict and development that can happen right at the character brainstorming stage.

Depends on who decides to participate,I guess.

Exactly. I honestly don’t think anyone’s gonna sign up for this, but hey, I can at least try. *shrug*

I'm most interested in the randomized species thing. It'd be an interesting challenge to have something I'm not used to playing/wouldn't pick normally.

Yeah, for sure. For that, I’d try to do something that isn’t pointless, but has room for growth, even if it seems overpowered. But you could also get something you’ve done a thousand times lol, which is the hard thing.

Nellancholy Nellancholy you still interested?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back