• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

7th Sea--Feeling things out. [Forum] [Dice]

I think I want to try a Castillean instead, if that's quite all right. Montaigne is too much "Napoleonic Soldier" for my tastes, which is all well and good but not exactly what I want.

Yeah that or Musketeer. But Castille has a tone of very cool styles. From the regional one to the Style of Los Vago--El Punal Occulto.

Fate Witches are nice--they have some drawback being poorly educated and having to risk the vicissitudes of Fate which can be nasty at time--but it is the trade off for the awesome power they have.

They are fun power wise, the get a beat down a bit in RP since they are not allowed to read and write because the Vodacce men are so afraid of them.

I plan to be Castillian. Not sure which sword style I want, however. They all look pretty fun...

Edit: looking like this, obviously:

jaq.jpg

I really feel that anything that @Mei likes I need to play.

I can't find my old books. Not sure if they are in storage or if they were lost in a move 10 years ago. I am going to look into getting them from RPGNow. I'll see about making up a character by the weekend, or at least enough of an idea to post something here.

I'm just not sure which book to actually use for character creation, I can't seem to find one that's just the main book. 
Ignore that, I'm a dumbass.

There are also some decent free character generators online if you look for em.

For schools in Castille, Gallegos, Soldano and Aldana are all excellent schools. I have all the books in either physical form or PDF so if people want options just ask.

[QUOTE="Silent Wayfarer]I like Soldano. Was planning on going for it myself.

[/QUOTE]
Great choice.

Is no one going to be Montaigne? Does this mean we could do a screw Montaigne game?

Because I could totally be from one of the scattered lesser noble families from the now Montaigne-occupied parts of Castille. Like the Lopez or Rodriguez. (Thank you, Castille Nation book!)

So, what about Vendel? From the little I have read, I feel a kinship to this one. How is their sword schools? Their sorcery? Are they fun to play, or do they get bogged down in mercantile plot lines?

Vendel's swordsman school is Vikings! Their sorcery school is basically rune magic.

Sadly neither of those mesh as well to me as the Dutch-based Vendel and are more in-line with their boisterous Viking brothers. Though, this system you can make a character that doesn't have a school and play off your skills and knacks. That's how one plays a courtier/merchant/archaeologist.

Okay, well, based on that....

I have decided to go with a Montaigne, with Scoundrel, Left-handed, Linguist, Blessed. Pick up skills like Streetwise, Fence, Criminal, etc. and, add in a hubris of Star-crossed, and born under the sign of the rat, and I think I have the basics to create the character. Add in 10 points for some beauty, a skill in knives and forgery, and maybe a fancy steel knife. Should have me about 75 points or so. And 25 more to spend on things. Improve skills and the like.

Alright, I shall let off on any Montaigne hate! Also, I was going to take Star-Crossed hubris but perhaps I shall think of something else.

I'm still looking for a good character creator just to get me at least a good idea of how the sheet should look, all I've found so far are excel sheets that aren't even like 10% finished and one generator that is missing a bunch of stuff

Well, we could both be falling for the same person each time. Star-Crossed Rivals.

Or I could go with my other Hubris of Overconfident.

Either way sounds good!

I need to look at the Los Vagos variation of Aldana now. Hmmmm... 
Huh, I also need to look in the swordsman guild book. Apparently there's more styles than I thought.

EDIT: I may now have an alternate idea as well. I just found the Durchetzenburg School and I can be a fancy Austrian (Hainzl) scholar fencer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back